Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 07:04 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default Friday's thread is loving and giving

hmm, i just realised i got wed and thur mixed up. oh well! i blame my hair colour.

it's so unfair that i won't get to see sex and the city till ages after you guys! i have seen some pics from the new series - it was showing all the pics of the girls flashing their boobs! if i was an actress i'd get a no-nudity clause like sjp.

so - you girls all set for the weekend? i can't wait to get to amsterdam. BF has only been away for a week but cos we live and work together it's felt like ages. i'm going to go to body conditioning this lunchtime so i don't feel so bad about the imminent excesses. also, the guy who takes the class usually does lots of tricep work so i won't be able to lift as much to my mouth!! ever heard of "taxi arms"? that's what my sister calls those saggy bits at the top of your arms that go all jiggly when you hail a taxi. body conditioning definitely stops that!

big hello to everyone that posted yesterday. i would write more but gotta get some work done here.

before i go - lisa - have fun at your lunch today!!

back in the afternoon (which is probably still your morning!)
kirsty
Old 07-26-2002, 07:23 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Thumbs down TGIF!!!!!

Good Morning Ladies!

There's a little something to wake you all up! I woke up this morning and my ankle felt pretty good, so I did the running challenge...wow! It doesn't sound too tough and it's not awful while you're doing it (well, at least the walking part isn't awful) but I got back an hour ago and I still haven't stopped sweating. Note that this is after my shower, and my house is only 75 degrees. Way to go Jen, you really worked me hard!!!

Kirsty, have a wonderful time in Amsterdam. My hubby spent a semester in Europe, and his funniest stories all seem to come from Amsterdam. Hmmm....could it be because absolutely EVERYTHING is legal there? Is absynthe still legal there? I can't remember where that is, but I know it's somewhere in Europe.

To everyone else who will be posting today, have a great Friday! (and to those of you who wanted to see a picture of Aaron, Jess was sweet enough to help me get one up. He has spaghetti face, not some horrible skin condition. (I already got asked that about that picture )
Old 07-26-2002, 08:32 AM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning Kirsty... I have a blast in Amsterdam. It must be nice living so close to so many countries and places. I'm sure you'll haev a great time! Well my roommate and I decided to nix all the premium channels - so I'm dying without HBO. Although, my friend taped the first one for me, but I feel bad asking her to tape them all.

Jayne - I'm so glad your ankle is getting better. And way to go on running. YOu're so good. I would milk that ankle excuse for weeks. Aaron is a doll. What a sweetie!

So - I went to the grocery last night and bought bacon and eggs so I could make them myself. I had 3 slices of bacon, 1 egg, and 2 slices of toast for a grand total of 5 points.... not bad.

OMG - I have to go. I think my neighbor is getting canned!
Old 07-26-2002, 08:37 AM   #4  
Water Freak

Good morning Jayne, Kirsty, and whoever else is probably posting as I type. I just got back from my third day of the running challenge! So I am done for week one! Whooo! It was raining this morning, so I almost didn't go out, but there was no thunder, so I figured I would give it a go. And after the first few minutes, I was thoroughly soaked and became one with the rain And, I would like to thank you all for your reminders to me to do my strength training last night. I DID IT! Yay! Tonight I am going out to a Mexican restaraunt for a friend's b-day. I am thinking veggie fajitas would be a good choice. My big goal is to get something that is NOT loaded with cheese (gaaa! the points!).

Kirsty- I am just as out of the s&c loop as you! I used to watch quite a bit last year, but we don't get HBO any more as it's too pricey "Taxi arms" is a new term to me, I've heard "batwings" quite a bit for that area though. Funny how specific bits of fat get their own terminology, isn't it? Have a blast in Amsterdam!

Jayne- That pic of Aaron is darling! It def. looks like spaghetti though. Awesome on doing the running! WE'RE GONNA BE RUNNERS!!!!!! I am so excited!

Ok, well, I am supposed to do some background reading for a project I am doing this fall that may possibly get turned into my honors thesis(scary scary). So I'm off to do that. Be back to check in later!

Cat
Old 07-26-2002, 09:24 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Guys.... I'm not so sure being online is a great idea for me for a while. 2 people in our group were just laid off. Man.

I'll at least post on Monday and let you guys know how the picnic was and to see how your weekends went.

Maybe I'll come post 2-3 times a week... but I'll definately be cutting back for a while. I'm sad... I need you girls.

Have wonderful weekends.

Lisa
Old 07-26-2002, 10:27 AM   #6  
GO CANES!

Hey everyone! IT"S FRIDAY!!!! YEAY!!!!! Lisa....what a bummer! Just be careful, and we'll be here when you need us!
Girls...very impressed by the running....someday I'll join you (hate running). ok, have to work now!!
Old 07-26-2002, 10:57 AM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... TGIF. I am having another one of those days at work again. Bluchhhhh.... Too much stress and this is also our really busy time!

Lisa... Take it easy and enjoy your "date". Don't let the work issues ruin your fun! Remember that Libraries have free internet access!

More later...
Old 07-26-2002, 11:28 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Look the banana is teasing the dancing monkey THE SHAME!
Today i'm home sick again god will the madness stop!
Jayne Aaron is adorable and he looks mischevious i like him!

Kirsty have a blast in amsterdam! and taxi arms at least in nj are called bye bye arms
Cat you rock for the running challenge! maybe you can request less cheese?
Lisa just be careful with the net! we dont want to lose you have fun with brian too
Morning Jen I think ur hubby needs to give you a massage when you get home
I need healthy food vibes today b/c when i'm sick im a gastronomic loose cannon! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK
bbl!
Love
Kier
Old 07-26-2002, 12:17 PM   #9  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Kier, you MUST eat your servings of fruits and veggies today. All five of them, yes ma'am, and drink every last drop of water out of that 64 oz bottle and then refill it again. And when you're sloshy and uncomfortable, you'll be too full to junk it up and it will disgust you to think about it!

Jen, I think Kier is right about that massage. Or maybe Calgon needs to take you away tonight...

PJ, I was also not a runner until this morning. It's not as bad as I thought it would be...try it out just once and see if you like it. It's just walk five minutes, run two minutes, so it's not like this steady 20 mile run or anything like that. Try it this weekend.

Lisa, I hope you are safe from layoffs...In the meantime, bury your nose in your work like a good little engineer, and have a great picnic with Brian. Also have a great NY weekend -- if you pass Jekyll and Hyde's, blow it a kiss for me...that is such a fun restaurant, although very touristy!!!

Cat, we are RUNNERS!!! We are like that lithe leggy woman on the Nike commercial. We are one with our shoes pounding the pavement! WE ARE RUNNERS!!! Let's keep being runners...we've gotta motivate each other.

If you guys would like a weekly Sex and the City summary, I would be happy to provide it. Just let me know, and be aware that you will have to put up with my smart-@ssed commentary along with the summary. If anyone's interested, tell me and I'll do a thread of it and update it weekly.

Later, gators!
Old 07-26-2002, 12:19 PM   #10  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Stopping In...

Hello, everyone! I'm just going to skip my usual rambling and get right to the point. I was up 2 lbs at WI last night. I am feeling SO depressed (and discouraged). I've been messing with the same 3 lbs or so for the last almost 2 months, even though I've been almost perfectly OP. I am getting fed up! Why is this happening? And why is it STILL happening? The weather here in NE isn't helping my situation any, either. It's raining and dreary, plus it's nearing TOM, which inevitably includes emotional upping and downing....

Kirsty--Have a wonderful time in Amsterdam!

Jayne--Glad to hear that your ankle is feeling better and that you got out and did the running challenge!

Cat--Yeah, I think a veggie fajita is probably your best bet. But it's SO hard to stay away from yummy cheese!

Lisa--That's GREAT about the 5-point breakfast! But that's terrible about people getting laid off and you not being able to visit as much. Hope lunch with Brian is spectacular and that you have a great weekend.

Hello, PJ and JenL!

Kier--Hope you're feeling better soon and that your "gastronomic loose cannon" issues clear up!

Gonna eat some lunch now...
Old 07-26-2002, 12:29 PM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Girls - don't have time to check in with everyone individually. Yesterday and today are strange at work and haven't been able to spend time on-line. Due to work stuff and a vacation day, probably won't be able to post much until late next week. Just off the top of my head from today's posts..

Kier - feel better.
Kirsty - have fun.
Lisa - we'll miss having you around everyday but totally understand. Have fun with Brian and in NY this weekend.
Hi Jayne!

I've been doing really great with the work-outs - doing the 5k program from Jen and meeting my challenge goals but can't seem to stop eating 5 to 7 points above my range. Grrrr....I'm really disappointed in myself - I had really wanted to be at goal for my b-day and it looks like I've sabotaged myself right out of that possibility.

A good weekend to all.

Laura
Old 07-26-2002, 12:57 PM   #12  
Bono Fanatic!

Angry Hi all!

Crazy week here too. So sorry I haven't been around more often. We had yesterday afternoon off for a company outing to the Cubs game, which was a lot of fun. I sure am tired today, though!

Congrats to my new runners! Isn't a great feeling? I know running isn't for everyone, but it is the first exercise I have ever been able to be consistent about. I have been running a few times a week for the past 2 years now. My first 10K is this Sunday. I thought I was prepared, but now the forecast is for rain and a high of 97, so all of a sudden I am really dreading it. I know I can still finish it, but certainly not in the time frame that had been my goal. ugh!

Kier - feel better!!
Kirsty - have fun with bf!
Jayne - Glad I gave you a good workout!
Lisa - Try to let us know how the lunch goes.
Cat - great job running in the rain! I will use you as my motivation when I am doing it sunday. (I HATE running in the rain!)
Jen - hope your stress lessens soon!
Jess - so sorry to hear about the weight gain, but it could be the humidity and TOM - that would easily put 2 lbs if not more on me. try not to worry (easier said than done, I know)
Laura - I go thru spurts when I eat over my range for days at a time too. hopefully it will get better soon.
PJ - Hi!

I have to meet a friend for lunch but I will try to stop by this afternoon. If I don't, everyone have a great weekend!!
Old 07-26-2002, 01:23 PM   #13  
GO CANES!

Hello Ladies! How are we this afternoon? I'm sleepy....weather here is sooooo dreary today. I think I may try the running thing Jayne!! I hate to admit this, but I've been so off track this week....dont get me wrong. i've made all kinds of goals and plans of what to do....but (and i know this is an excuse) it;s right about "that" time, if we know what i mean. I always give myself lee way at this time, but i probobly need to stop that, no?? I mean, it really is a lot of strain on the body, and our poor hormones....but still. someone tell me i cant keep doing that.
Old 07-26-2002, 01:33 PM   #14  
GO CANES!

Red face trying to avoid work at all costs

girls. i just can not work anymore today. soooooo ready to go home.
you know, this is almost like having a diary, isnt it?? and no matter what we tell each other, it's ok, because we are here for support.
wow. what a great place to be.
Old 07-26-2002, 01:39 PM   #15  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone. The mean boss is on vacation for 3 WEEKS! But my work load goes back up when my co-worker goes on vacation next week but I'll still drop by.

Kirsty - I don't get TV (just 3 channel that mostly show reruns and news) so I've never actually seen an episode of sex in the city. Although I adore Sarah Jessica Parker. Oh and, we call the saggy bits the "second wave"

Jayne - I love putting pictures to names - Way to go with the running even with the ankle!

Lisa - I hope you enjoyed your bacon - let us know what happens at the job.

Cat - Way to run! A suggestion for the mexican restaurant - ask them to stir fry with no oil. Or ask if they have any low fat alternatives that aren't on the menu - I LOVE mexican food and I do a lot of low fats ones at home.

Kier - I told you yesterday to feel better - I MEAN IT!

Jess - I'm going to share a techniique that worked for people at my meeting. They varied their points ranges - one day eating the minimum one day the max, on day in the middle and so on - It may help you... you can always blame it on TOM.

OK - wedding stuff galore this weekend, dress fittings and table gift session and a shower for my girlfriend on Sunday - should be fun. Later
KT
Closed Thread