Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-21-2009, 09:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/282/250

Height: 5'7"

Default New at this & 1 month weight loss

Hey Guys Im new at this. I have just started WW and Im doing great, Note I quit drinking pop (Mt Dew to say the least) which I had major withdrawls..yes I said withdrawls..headaches and sick to my stomach the first couple of days..But Im doing great now I was a strict Mtdew drinker..now I drink water and some juice here and there.. But to share the good news I have lost 25 lbs in a month YAY ME
I think I have done good for myself and I feel better. I am wanting to get into either Jazzercise or Zumba anyone ever done that? Note I was 330 when I started down to 305 but still Im not sure If I can keep up with all the skinny minnies that are doing these programs. If you all have ever done these please let me know ..
But just wanted to share a little info with you.. Thanks for listening..
Stylist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #2  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Wow, 25lbs in a MONTH! Go you! Keep it up
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Holy Moses! Rock on!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #4  

Thank you guys for the support..its greatly appreciated..with ppl like you " I know I can do this"
Old 10-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #5  
I've only just begun! :)

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

WOW - that is incredible. You ROCK! 25lbs is amazing!

I can relate on the pop - I was totally addicted to Coke (cola, not the powder). Couldn't go more than half an hour after getting up without one, and had probably 6-8 cans a day, every day. I got sick a few weeks ago and just couldn't drink anything, just sip water. When I started getting better I found I didn't want it as much as I did juice or water (ok, I'm still not a water fan, but I can drink gallons of Perrier, which, I've confirmed is considered to be water). Now I'm sticking to my diet plan, and drinking water, with the occasional coke on my reward meal. I feel great!

So, good for you on the weight loss AND for quitting the dreaded Dew!
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #6  

Yeah, I had headaches alot..drinking pop..Now not drinking it I havent had a headache one (knock on wood *LOL*) besides the first couple of days without it. Im doing great now and feel great..Keep up the good work and an occasional coke here and there is fine. But you really will shed the pounds without it!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #7  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Misty, Nice to meet you. We started at similar stats, so I'd like to tell you that reaching your goal is very achievable!

I too had a canned beverage addiction, but my drink of choice was made from barley and hops...lol I had a Budweiser addiction, and probably drank a 6 pack every night. Anyway, keep doing what you are doing. And congrats on your first months totals. That is wonderful.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

This is wonderful. Before you know it you'll be out of the 300's. Yay!!

I've never done Jazzercise or Zumba, been meaning to though. When I first started out - I walked. And walked. And walked some more. I couldn't go very far at first. So I went more frequently. And I got myself a resistance band.

Anyway, just to back up Lori Bell, not that she needs it, but losing weight and any amount is 100% doable. For anyone and everyone. Yourself included. You've already made a big dent. You keep chipping away and chipping away. Just keep at it. Stick with this. Tweak it as need be. Keep it fun. Keep it interesting. Be creative. Get into it.

Give yourself this wonderful gift. Before long it will become ingrained in you and seem natural. Hang on tight though, because when those rewards start surfacing, they are over the top PHENOMENAL. And you will wonder why the heck you didn't do it sooner.

I look forward to hearing of your continued success.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #9  

aww thank you so much, bout made me cry..your right I have been wondering already why I havent done this sooner.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #10  

Height: 5'11

That is amazing congrats on the weight loss and weaning yourself off of soda. Your doing it! I gave up soda two years ago after discovering a stomach ulcer and was told any form of caffeine would irritate it. So i basically quit cold turkey and turned to water. I still drink a diet soda at restaurants or parties that don't offer GOOD water but other than that I am an all water girl. Its amazing once you stop drinking the stuff and you have one randomly. It just doesn't taste as good as it once did. I also noted this on another thread but I went on a tour of the caves here in Florida and the tour guide told us that the carbonic acid in soda is 150 times greater than what carved out the caves. Think about that one next time you want a soda
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote