Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #189

Starting a new thread. Have sent a message to ask to have it stickied. Be back later.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:59 AM   #2  

Default Hey There

Thanks for the new thread Happy.. I made a mistake it wasn't ativan I was on it was xanax just as bad in my eyes. Not much sleep last night.. The hubby was restless and making noises in his sleep.
It was about 3 am when I dosed off and then I was up every hour..
Got my laundry done and colored my hair , guess I got a good bit done before noon. I'll be glad to see the end of this week.
have a good day Everybody..Joanne
Old 10-21-2009, 08:04 AM   #3  

Is your tooth fixed?
I lost another 1.6 but I was probably helped by IBS. I didn't tell that.
Going to Walmart to have the car serviced and get stuff. Getting my hair frosted this pm/
Thanks for the thread Anne. Mima
Old 10-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #4  

Default Hey There

Mima- Just half way there. I go today for the dentist to put in post and temp. cap. Go back the 4th of Nov. to finish up. Todays visit will be about 2 hours long. Not fun.
Hello Everybody.. Back later..Joanne
Old 10-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #5  

Joanne, that sure is not a nice expense, but I guess if you want a tooth it's something you have to do. I will be spending over 2200.00 to get my toe fixed, I believe. Can't seem to get into see an orthopedic Dr., so I will probably end up having the foot clinic do it. This is private, so we pay.

Mima - nice loss, even if it was IBS. Hope it's settled down today. Hope the hair turns out nice. I have let mine revert back to gray and am quite happy with it. Doesn't bother me, so what the heck! I've believe I have earned everyone of them

Here's a little laugh for you today

The next pandemic

I went to a dinner party last night, where I and other guests enjoyed copious amounts of alcohol.

I awoke this morning not feeling well, with what could be described as flu-like symptoms; headache, nausea, chills, sore eyes, etc.

From the results of some initial testing, I have unfortunately tested positive for what experts are now calling Wine Flu.

This debilitating condition is very serious - and it appears this is not an isolated case.

Reports are flooding in from all around the country of others diagnosed with Wine Flu. To anyone that starts to exhibit the aforementioned tell-tale signs, experts are recommending a cup of tea and a bit of a lie down.

However, should your condition worsen, you should immediately hire a DVD and take some Nurofen (Nurofen seems to be the only drug available that has been proven to help combat this unusual type of flu). Others are reporting a McDonald's Happy Meal can also help in some cases.
Wine Flu does not need to be life threatening and, if treated early, can be eradicated within a 24-48 hour period.

If not, then further application of the original liquid, in similar quantities to the original dose, has been shown to do the trick.

PS. . . And if you find you are complaining a lot, it may be that it has mutated in Whine Flu!

This is particularly common in men and can result in bad cases of eye-rolling developing in their
Old 10-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Okay Anne, I almost lost it with your last post!!! Wine flu! You are a hoot! The remedies were way too funny! I especially like the "application of the original liquid in similar quantities" one.....good Lord...been there, done that!!
Joanne, I feel for you on the tooth issue...dentists are more expensive than doctors nowadays and the insurances aren't even worth the premiums! Good luck to you and hopefully this will save your tooth.
Very busy day for me today...cleaning house to the max all day and more PT today and tomorrow...very tired. I will say that the physical therapy exercises have made my FM feel a lot better though!! I guess I just needed to move my ***, huh? What a rude awakening that is!! I do hope everyone is hanging in there and feeling well.....personally...I'm just going with the flow lately!!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #7  

Medical!!! So far we are doing well except for drugs. Everything is pd for and our insurance is only 400 a month, Thank you Worcester Scdhool Dept and Medicare.
Now the dentist will be another story-Brad needs his teeth pulled and dentures .
Having a go around with dil about taking then out for pizza so we can see the kids. I can tell she has an agenda because we can't agree on the time or place. We are flexible with the time but want to go near their home because Brad works for the guy and we will get a good deal, There will be 7 of us, It;s never easy with her.
Going out to lunch with auntie, a massage, and meeting Suzanne for dinner, I can see leftovers.
If I had pretty gray hair, I would let it grow out, Anne.
Kate-when I was doing more exercises I felt better,
Bye for now. Mima
Old 10-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #8  

Default Hey There

Yes dentists are expensive.. This episode cost me almost 2000 dollars.No dental insurance. we always said not worth it.
Dils can be difficult. So far mine has settled down since I was so sick this past winter. The son is acting better too.
It is back in the 80's again.. We went from heat to ac.. No wonder we have such high bills.
Joanne
Old 10-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good evening everyone. Joanne, you are so right.... I was sweating so much these past weeks with the record high temps I was considering moving! Then it was so cold for a couple of days I actually got out my tropical weight down comforter for the bed and my chapstick!....now I am back to sweating and the A/C is back on!! Just can't win here, huh? These surprise expenses like dental work and such sure can take a big bite out of the budget....we do not have dental insurance either.
Very tired from physical therapy this morning and then food shopping. Now that I am using some weights and doing more with my shoulder, it is taking a toll on me. I'm sure I will get used to it but this first week is kicking my butt!!
I never had any children so I don't have to worry about DIL or grandkids or that side of life. I don't think any children I might have had would have lived past puberty anyway! I think I would have been one of those no-nonsense mothers....impatient and stern. I was happy owning and working my business for 25+ years and didn't have time to do the family thing so I guess it has worked out well for me (so far!!)
Off to get some sleep. Hope everyone enjoys their night and I will most likely check back tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #10  

I have 3 dil's-took a while to settle in with the first one-second one is nice-step dil is attached to her parents because they are always helping them out-I believe you have to take care of yourself and deal with your own money issues-not popular because of that. And then I have a sil. He can be tricky-that's for sure. But I sure have a good relationship with all my kids and Brad has a good one with his son. Trouble is-she is the boss. We met Suzanne last night for dinner and I went to lunch with Auntie. Didn't overeat but probably had too many pts/ I will be good today and I am going for a walk.
2,000 -wow. Thinking that Brad getting new teeth will be up there but he wants his hammer toe fixed and that does not cost any money. Yeah for Medicare-please do not change it.
Gotta clean the refrig.
Wts are tiring -I have 2 lb ones=gonna start using them again after the stitches are out!!!
Bye for now-Mima
Old 10-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #11  

Hello! I arrived home Monday night, but the next 2 days I didn't do much of anything but sleep. It's good to be home, but I did have a wonderful time with my friends at Disney. couldn't believe how hot it was all week while we were there, and then it was so cool over the weekend before we left.

Mima, I remember going to Bob's class reunions and not knowing people, but it was still fun. Are the stitches causing you any itching? Glad you'll be getting them out soon. congrats on losing at WW!

Meme, rain can be the pits, can't it? I know what you mean about the older people enjoying the older hymns. Mexican food sounds yummy right now! I haven't been to O'Charlies in a long time.

Joanne, I know those 90 degree days from last week! My friend is from Arizona, and she said the humidity in Florida was really bothering her. It did rain pretty hard a couple of times while we were at Disney, but we were always inside when it did. I need to bath Maurice. You reminded me when you said you bathed Christie. Hope the coumadin level is back to normal, and good luck with all of the tooth problems. I don't have dental insurance either, and it scares me whenever I get even a little ache.

Anne, I am not ready for snow, but I know it will be here before I want it to be. After going to the chiropractor, did your headache go away? I go to mine on Monday and then have a massage on Tuesday. The Wine Flu and the Whine Flu was hilarious!

kate, how is the PT going? Hope you are feeling better! Turkey pot pie sounds good. Good luck on getting going with the SB.

Tim moved into his new place last weekend. He was here for dinner tonight, and then we watched a movie. He is on rescue squad duty so he has to stay in town. We had a nice visit, and I know he and Maurice were glad to see each other.

I hope all of us get to feeling better soon! I did manage to go to one class at the Y this week, but I was hurting so bad afterwards partially because I fell Sunday night when we were leaving the Magic Kingdom. My whole left side is stoved up, not to mention the scaped up knee. My friend said that I fell gracefully though! lol
Old 10-24-2009, 06:41 AM   #12  

Sorry about your fall, Tammy but glad to have you back.
We did go out with Brett, Angela etc. She didn't fail to tell me the money her parents spent on them -but we had a good time. And the pizza store owner wouldn't take Brad's money.
And Brad has a sevice call this morning. My chin is itchy-not where the stitches are. i have to cover them with vaseline.
Love Disney.
I have been waking up early-must have some anxiety.
Bye for now-it's raining-Mima
Old 10-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #13  

Default Hey There

Tammy- It was nice to hear you had a good time in spite of falling and the hot weather.Those places are always hotter than anywhere else.
We didn't go to N/Fl this weekend as the Grandson and his family were going to his wifes family gathering. We are going on the 29th.
The problem with my tooth should all be cleared up by the 4th of Nov. Going to the dentist is my least favorite chore.
This will be a busy week for me. As soon as we get back my brother and his wife will be in town for a month. They have great RV so they will be staying at a nearby RV park. I wouldn't care for them to stay here. They have a large dog and two cats that always travel with them.Christy wouldn't put up with them. My house is not big enough for all those animals.
Mima- Don't you just love it when a dil lets you know how much her family spends on them. Hope they enjoy it ,it may come to a end.
Kate in a couple days the heat may get less. We are supposed to get another cool front. I won't say cold front. It usually get cooler till after the 31st.
Have a good weekend everybody.. Hello Happy, Meme..Joanne
Old 10-25-2009, 06:26 AM   #14  

The next time dil says that-I will explain that I have a different philosophy-that we are responsible for our own finances. I used to help everyone out but it sure prevented them from being responsible. Last night, I thought brad said he wanted cheese with his sweet potato so I melted some on it because he has weird tastes. Seems he said peas!!!Brad got a call yesterday and made money on a service call which will help with travel expenses. Bye for now Mima
Old 10-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #15  

Mima, why would the dil say that about her family spending $ on them? LOL to the cheese instead of peas!

Joanne, enjoy time with your brother and his wife. Nice that they can leave the pets in the RV. I'm sure that Christie wouldn't enjoy sharing her space.
Closed Thread