Old 10-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #1  

Default Low cal blueberry muffin recipe?

I tried a low cal blueberry muffin recipe that someone gave me ( that didnt try it herself haha ) and it was AWFUL! Anyone have one that they've tried and is good? I'm trying to use up some of my fresh blueberries before they spoil.
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:57 PM   #2  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Don't have a blueberry muffin recipe that I have tried. However, I have tried this recipe for raspberry coffee cake. It's low cal and tastes DELICIOUS! You'll never know it was low cal. I substituted 1 cup of blueberries but that turned out to be too much. If you want a bunch of blueberries in every bite, then use 1 cup. Otherwise, I'd use 1/2 to 3/4 cup max. All other amounts were based on the recipe. Good luck!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #3  

Thanks!!
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #4  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I made a fake blue berry cobbler type dish

-2 cups of blueberries-168 cals
-2 sheets of low fat honey graham crackers-240 cals
-1 package of Quaker lower sugar instant cinnamon oatmeal or you can use maple or brown sugar flavor too-110 cals
-one tablespoon of brown sugar splenda mix-40 cals
-about 2 tablespoons of melted margarine or butter you can also use I can't believe it's not butter but I prefer to use Brummel and brown yogurt spread for 45 cals per serving so 90 cals total
- you can also season blue berries with a little cinnamon or nutmeg as well. this dish can also be made with raspberries or apples!
-teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract

you can also add slivered almonds in- I don't care for them but the hubby does so sometimes i will add them in

in a small square baking dish put blue berries on bottom sprinkle about a teaspoon of the splenda with brown sugar mix on it and mix together so blueberries are coated (you can also simmer them with the splenda in a pot before hand to make it more like a "blueberry filling"

place blue berries on bottom, take graham crackers and crunch them in a glad lock bag into crumbs, mix in the one packet of instant oatmeal and another teaspoon of the brown sugar splenda mix, mix it all together around in the baggy and sprinkle on top of blue berries! pour the melted butter over the top or you can pour the butter into the baggy and mix it all together first too. you'll probably also need to spray the top with butter flavored cooking spray

bake and divide into 4 equal servings

about 600 cals for the whole dish and 150 cals per serving! it's a pretty big square too! you could top of with a dollop of light whip cream too!

Last edited by mariamherrera; 10-19-2009 at 11:51 PM.
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:25 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

Try mine. Its really yummy if you like hot oatmeal cereal. You can actually repace the oatmeal with whatever flavor you like.

1 cup flour
8 packets splenda
1 1/3 cups water
1/4 cup banna milk
1 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Spray 6-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Evenly spoon the muffin batter into muffin pan. Bake for 16 - 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.

Approximately 270 calories per muffin.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote