Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #1  
Onederland Please!

Unhappy Just my luck! :(

deleted

Last edited by xohmimix3; 07-06-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #2  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

It'll be okay, I promise. We're all here to help you. Make sure you drink plenty of water to keep your water weight under control. And continue eating healthy. And checking in to the forums regularly. Maybe count this as week 0. Aim not at losing any weight but only at getting back in the grove?
Old 10-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm usually happy to see my period because after it passes is usually the best weigh-in of the whole month! The scale is just a rough measure. If you think it will upset you, maybe you should put it in the closet for an extra week?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #4  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

I am in the same boat and it is stressing me out. This is my first week and I should see a significant loss because of water weight, but with TOM here I may get derailed. I am thinking long term though so I am just going to keep pressing on.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #5  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

I thought the same thing when I started my period during my first week but I lost 6 pounds so dont get discouraged! Just work as hard as you can and stay on track! You'll see results even if its next week, trust me!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/282/250

Height: 5'7"

First off you are beautiful, second you will be okay..we are here to support you. I just started this site and since day 1 the uplifting words of advice have helped me more then anything. Just drink plenty of water, keep your sodium down, (because it makes you feel blowed up like a balloon) and eat right. I am on ww and its working for me, maybe its something worth trying out for yourself. Im not going to preach ww to you. But It does work. Keep up the good work and we are here to support you!!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #7  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

You didn't put on the weight in a week, and you won't lose it in a week. So don't get discouraged if you don't see results this week, especially when you know what the reason for that is.

Would you rather eat mindfully this week and risk not seeing a scale change because of your period, or hop right back off the wagon and keep putting on weight? You know the answer in your heart.

Last edited by carter; 10-21-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

If you're totally and completely committed to doing this once and for all and no matter what, it shouldn't matter that TOM is here. What difference does it make? If you're totally committed to doing this no matter what then you push ahead even if you've got no loss for a week. Or 3 or 7.

You're most likely going to have weeks with little or no losses. You absolutely can't let that discourage you. Our bodies are not machines and weight loss is not linear.

The best you can do is stick FAITHFULLY to plan. And then your body will do what your body will do. And given the time, you body WILL respond positively. So I urge you to commit to doing this fully and completely. Become dedicated and devoted to it. And then there's no way that you can't NOT lose weight.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:07 PM   #9  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

First, if your TOM started 3 days into your new eating plan, then it's not going to be your 1 week weigh in that's off, it's going to be your beginning weight in that was probably a little higher than usual. PMS week is the week of the bloats for every one I know...once TOM hits the whooshing begins. With 4 days til weigh in, you'll be probably almost done with TOM and enjoying a nice loss for your official weigh day.

HOWEVER, if you are weighing everyday, then the scale is going to jump around madly this week. I'd recommend once a week weighing if you have scale obsession issues. (As in letting the scale dictate your mood for the day.)
Old 10-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

As everyone has said, no matter WHAT happens this week, you'll be fine! Don't let yourself use TOM as an excuse to give up before you even start!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #11  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

It's the time we all feel laziest and not like sticking to our diets, but I have read multiple times that working out while on your period, you can actually lose more weight.

Just keep pushing yourself, it's gonna be there every month anyways, you can't let it stop you each month, can you?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #12  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I know how you feel - same for me right now. Usually it will come out better the nxt week -- it does for me! Don't give up!
Closed Thread