Weight Loss Support - i should be in the 100 lb club

View Full Version : i should be in the 100 lb club

ohiofreespirit
10-19-2009, 06:08 PM
but i simply can't think that far ahead. i feel more comfortable for shooting for 200 maybe 199 and reevaluating myself then.

i know mini goals are common but this is not a mini goal. i am looking at this weight loss in 2 separate catagories, if that makes any sense. First, get to 200, then decide where i want to end up with my final goal.

i know i'm weird.

nelie
10-19-2009, 06:13 PM
The 100 lb club here is for anyone who has about 100 lbs or more to lose!! Please feel free to come join us!

It is really about being with others who understand the struggle of being 100 lbs or more overweight which can be a different challenge than someone who is 10-15 lbs overweight.

yoyoma
10-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Well, whatever works for you is what's right.

I initially set my goal as 150 (changed soon after cuz "in the 140's" sounded so much better, lol!).

When I reached that, I reset my goal to 139.

When I reached that, I reset my goal to 129.

When I reach that... I will set a new goal. I will probably decide to try to trim another 5 pounds. But if not, I will set a goal in terms of waist/hip ratio or bodyfat percentage or whatever. Having some kind of goal seems to be the "maintenance" that works for me.

Welcome, and good luck!

ohiofreespirit
10-19-2009, 06:39 PM
The 100 lb club here is for anyone who has about 100 lbs or more to lose!! Please feel free to come join us!

It is really about being with others who understand the struggle of being 100 lbs or more overweight which can be a different challenge than someone who is 10-15 lbs overweight.

Oh i could stand to lose 100 lbs. i guess it all depends on what i want my final goal to be? i'm not really sure.

nelie
10-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Oh i could stand to lose 100 lbs. i guess it all depends on what i want my final goal to be? i'm not really sure.

Either way, its really not about where your final goal is but where you are at right now and the various challenges you may encounter that those with less to lose may not encounter. Feel free to join us in the 100 lb club though :)

salsa chip
10-19-2009, 06:51 PM
I hang out in the 100lb club and currently my total desired weight loss (including what I've already shed) is 95lbs ;) I'll see if I want to go further once I get nearer 153.

It's a great place, do come and check it out! You can still post everywhere else too, you know ;)

Thighs Be Gone
10-19-2009, 06:54 PM
I can relate. I just wanted to leave the obese category and then the overweight category. I was educating myself along the way with what I should be eating. I just continued eating the right things and my weight continued to drop.

garnetrising
10-19-2009, 06:57 PM
I hang out in the 100lb club and currently my total desired weight loss (including what I've already shed) is 95lbs ;) I'll see if I want to go further once I get nearer 153.

It's a great place, do come and check it out! You can still post everywhere else too, you know ;)

I'd been thinking about joining the 100lb club. My goal is 95 lbs, too. But I didn't know if I'd get funny looks since, technically it's not 100. But seeing as you don't get funny looks, then why should I? Over my goal I mean. Feel free to look at me funny because of my personality. :P

salsa chip
10-19-2009, 07:15 PM
I'd been thinking about joining the 100lb club. My goal is 95 lbs, too. But I didn't know if I'd get funny looks since, technically it's not 100. But seeing as you don't get funny looks, then why should I? Over my goal I mean. Feel free to look at me funny because of my personality. :P

It's the internet, we can't do funny looks on here ;)

Seriously, come on over, dip your toe in. If you enjoy it, relax and visit more often. Otherwise, feel free to never darken the doorstep again :p Either way it's good :D

Oh, and really, don't worry about the personality thing, I'm as warped as a twisted piece of wood! :cool:

paris81
10-19-2009, 07:25 PM
I doubt that any of my fellow 100lbs clubbers would kick anyone out! Come join! I agree that it is really more about needing to lose a significant amount of weight, as opposed to just a few lbs.

nelie
10-19-2009, 07:50 PM

Oh please come! Its not a 10 item or less checkout line ;)

There is no true cutoff and no one is kicked out.

garnetrising
10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Oh please come! Its not a 10 item or less checkout line ;)

Hehehe. I'll definitely be adding to the list of forums I frequent. ^^

Ryanne
10-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Come on over and hang out with us!:D

Tai
10-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Everyone is welcome; don't ever worry about the actual amount you have to lose!

CLCSC145
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
I post all over the place - in fact, I pay more attention to the topic than I do to where it is. I say anyone can post in the 100lb Club if they can identify with the topic at hand. Come on over!

Windchime
10-20-2009, 12:02 AM
My original goal is/was 65 pounds and I consider the 100 pound club to be my home. I really have closer to 80-85 pounds to lose but here is the secret I discovered--nobody checks ID at the door of the 100 pound club. You just walk right in, and you are greeted with cries of welcome, people scoot over to make room on the bench and everyone is really friendly!

It was the place I felt most at home when I joined 3FC, because I felt I had an insurmountable amount of weight to lose and the chicks there understand all that stuff.

Judy Lynn
10-20-2009, 09:47 AM
I think I know how you feel, originally I set my goal at 199 because mentally I just couldn't face the thought of having more than that to lose. I soon realized that I wanted to be a normal BMI which was 174, so that was 100 pounds even. Actually, once I got started it didn't seem so daunting.

The 100 Club is an awesome forum! And no one sits around doing the math. Trust me, all are welcome. And people are actually losing those 100+ pounds. That is what I find amazing, inspiring and motivating.

juliastl27
10-20-2009, 03:09 PM
im just laughing about how dumb i am. i joined one of the 100 lb club challenges b/c i thought it was for people who weigh 100-something. ugh, they probably all hate me.

nelie
10-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Julia - as we've said before, no one is unwelcome from the 100 lb club :)

rockinrobin
10-20-2009, 06:07 PM
I remember when I started posting, where to post? The 300 lb club or the 100lb club???? I wasn't sure if I was right for the 300 lb club. I wasn't quite 300 lbs, but being only 5 foot tall, I was even MORE overweight then lots of folks weighing more then me and well into the three hundreds at the 300 lb club. I had a bmi of 56. And I needed to lose over 150 lbs, so I wasn't quite "right" for the 100 lb club either. For some reason I started posting at the 100 lb club and no one ever questioned it. It was a good "fit" regardless of my actual weight.

This site wouldn't work as well as it did if there was a 100lb club, a 75 lb club, a 50 lb club, etc... Luckily there's LOTS of leeway in each and every forum. And everyone at every weight seems to get along just fine....

crzymom6
10-20-2009, 06:11 PM

:D I almost didn't join the 100 pound forum because I wanted to lose 95 lbs. I decided to lose 5 more to fit in :dizzy:

girlonfire
10-21-2009, 06:51 AM
I was originally in the 100 lb club because I wanted to get down to 140, but after meeting with a trainer who did my body fat/lean mass composition, she said 160 lbs would be better for my frame size. It is still technically overweight, but I am one of those people who looks smaller than one would think I look at my weight.

And I still post there, too. I love it!

paradoxx
10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
I feel silly after reading this thread. I have never entered the 100 lb club because my starting weight is posted at 225. My actual original starting weight was somewhere between 240 and 260, but I don't know for certain because my scale broke and I quit weighing for some time. Therefore, I felt like I was bring rude to wander in. Same goes with the 20-somethings forum. I am 29 and I've been wondering where I can post after my next birthday. I am in school and child-free, so 20-somethings is a good fit, but I didn't want to "invade" the wrong forum. I blame this on my southern upbringing. I will get over that.

midwife
10-22-2009, 09:26 AM
While we're on the topic, the Maintainers Forum is open to EVERYONE too! You don't have to be at goal, you just have to want to not regain the weight. Doesn't mean you HAVEN'T regained weight, just means that you don't want to. Maintaining starts DAY 1!

FitGirlyGirl
10-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Feel free to look at me funny because of my personality. :P

Well then you will have to look funny back, cuz I'm an odd one.