LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers 19 - 25 October

aguerin
10-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Good Morning ALL.

I know the weather is cooling down some, but where is everyone? Not many posts over the last week.

Nothing going on for me on the weight loss front, but I'm hanging in there.

Heres to a good week for all!!!

Repo girl
10-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Hey Amy, and everyone! I am here, mostly lurking. My daughter had the flu over the weekend. She seems to be fine now, but I kept her home today just to be sure. I am feeling really tired and worn out. It is making me nervous, for sure!

BarbaraB
10-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Katie, I hope you don't have the flu too.

Amy, It has been quiet. I've been less than stellar in my eating choices, but I'm ready to get back on plan and back to doing what is needed to be healthy. I got overstressed, but eating badly does not help it get better. I don't know why I let that get me so far off track. Oh well... whatever I gained will just have to be lost again, but I will do it.

JLem311
10-19-2009, 02:32 PM
hello all. i've been busy today with errands and kids, etc..
sorry i haven't been on here much. hope everyone is well.

barbara--been thinking about you and DD.

Hoochie
10-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Hi everyone, well I have a bunch of sick people at home too. My son had a cold for a few days, now my husband is at home with the flu. To top it all off, my daughter went to a scream fest halloween thing and she fell and hurt her shoulder so she is also not doing well. Its probably a good thing I am at work where everyone is healthy.
Last week was really bad for me. I had a girl quit on me without giving notice and then she harassed me about getting paid before I had to pay her. She was a pchycotic young girl. She started to threaten my family so I just wrote her a cheque so that she would disappear out of my life!!! What is this world coming to. I had 30 text messages from her within an hour, it was weird...
I hired a new staff this mornng and I hope she works out.
Other than that, my life has been all about hockey. My son plays midget hockey and he has three games straight so I will be at the rink the next few nights. I wouldn't trade it for anything though!
Well my diet has been pretty good. I haven't weighed myself for over a week now but tomorrow will be the big day to see if I have lost anything. I sure hope so!
Have a great week everyone!

Joan

momofthree
10-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Well after a week of just trying to eat well, I gained one pound. It might be water weight but now I am back to the Shred. I did it today and it felt good to have it done. Not too much going on here. DS turned six on Saturday. Now th kiddos are 2,4,6. :dizzy: Gotta love it.

Dan2112
10-20-2009, 12:19 AM
Hey gang.. slow day today?
Still trying to get back into the swing of things and have been spending WAY too much time on Facebook..

Diet still not doing well, mostly due to a return to some emotional eating.. Been a fairly stressful time, come of late..

Anyway, hope you all are well!!

JLem311
10-20-2009, 08:32 AM
morning all. workout done. having some coffee and a bar right now. banana, soymilk and fiber one will follow as a late morning snack.

dan, i hope everything is ok at home!

michelle--good job for getting back to exercising! i have 3 kids too. a 6yr old, an almost 4yr old and a almost 6 month old. :)

katie--hope things are healthy at your house. and that DH is almost done with potato harvest!

hello joan!

hope everyone has a good day!

mj2007
10-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Hey All

Yeah...last week has been quiet.Hope everyone been good.I woke up before my DH left for work this morning...6:15am pretty early for me!!!So now I am bored...just had my breakfast and thought I'd stop by and say hello.

Because I really want to think of something nice this morning to make it bright and cheerful....I am thinking of 3 simple pleasures...which is best enjoyed in winter.

My 3 reasons for loving winter....
1) Love the way yoga-pants feel snug on my skin :)
2) Fresh Oven-roasted chestnuts
3) Slow cooker soups and stews....yum!!!

Can anyone else think of anything nice about winter?

Repo girl
10-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey All

Yeah...last week has been quiet.Hope everyone been good.I woke up before my DH left for work this morning...6:15am pretty early for me!!!So now I am bored...just had my breakfast and thought I'd stop by and say hello.

Because I really want to think of something nice this morning to make it bright and cheerful....I am thinking of 3 simple pleasures...which is best enjoyed in winter.

My 3 reasons for loving winter....
1) Love the way yoga-pants feel snug on my skin :)
2) Fresh Oven-roasted chestnuts
3) Slow cooker soups and stews....yum!!!

Can anyone else think of anything nice about winter?

Oh, I can. I love winter! Coffee and a warm blanket in front of the big window during a snow storm, taking a drive in the mountains to see the amazing way the snow looks on the trees, followed by lunch in a cafe with big windows, celebrating the winter solstice with a winter bonfire, also, just the way winter always makes me feel quiet and reflective, read more books, and spend more time playing games and watching movies with my kids.

Wow MJ, you have me looking forward to snow!

aguerin
10-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Good Morning All.

:rofl: MJ at the snug pants. I don't like snug pants on my skin. That is my first sign that I am going in the wrong direction.

Personally I am dreading winter. I keep thinking of comfort eating, to keep me warm. Not sure why I think those two go together, but I do. Maybe it has to do with the fact that you have to keep feeding a fire.

JLem311
10-20-2009, 11:17 AM
i love snuggling with my babies and making yummy soy hot chocolates for them and watching the charlie brown holiday movies and the garfield holiday movies. :) flannel sheets on the bed, warm, sleeper jammies for the kids. and having a big mug of hot calm tea in the evenings with my hubby. oh and watching the national lampoons xmas vacation movies as many times as possible!

Hoochie
10-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the winter wonderland stories ladies! Now I feel like going home and snuggling up to a good movie or book on the couch with a latte.
Instead I am all dressed up in my business suit at work...agh!!!
Well today is our 19th wedding anniversary...wow. I can hardly belive it. I think we are going out for a nice dinner tonight. Its going to have to be healthy as I am up a pound this week....
I am still in love with the man I married 19 years ago. I think thats pretty great!
Have a great day everyone.

Joan

Repo girl
10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Joan, I think that is pretty great too! Happy anniversary!

mj2007
10-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks ladies...for sharing and spreading the love for winter :smug:
I am sooooo over hotdogs and BBq's....looking forward to egg nog and holiday cookies...but thatz still far away...so I'll stick to my simple pleasures.

Amy- hahaha!!!! Good one...
But look at it this way...may be you'll just fit in a pair of pants a size smaller than what you wearing now...so thatz a snug fit :D;)

Joan- Happy Anniversary...wish you many many many more years of marital bliss!!

aguerin
10-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Joan: I have also been married 19 years, 20 in April and I feel VERY Blessed that I have a husband that I still love and want to be with. That seems to be a very big accomplishment these days. I thank God for that as I see others unhappy in their relationships and the D rate as high as it is. Congratulations.

MJ: I can throw down on some soup, but when I add the cheddar cheese, sour cream, and fresh corn bread it just defeats the WL effort. :) I think I am going to strategize by buying some beef and chicken broth and trick myself into thinking I have eaten soup. That will help me get warm. Does anybody else have any tricks me ideas?

mj2007
10-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Just came home after a weigh in...guess what?My BMI is 29.9 now and I am officially out of the obese zone!:carrot:

Amy- Did you try the broths from Imagine Foods? They are very very low in sodium ...just 95mg per cup and they are not so watery. I hate watery soup so I add fat-free yogurt to my soups which gives a nice creamy texture.

JerseyMadchen
10-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Hey guys!

Sorry I've been MIA... Since going back to work, it seems like I have NO time. I am travelling for work today and I arrived WAY early, so why not check in on my chicks?

MJ2007- I LOVE winter and my snug sweatpants too. I am a huge fan of NY&Co, and I have sweat pants from there in every color. I also love cuddling up on the couch with DH and watching the crappy weather outside. Oh, and cooking is so much more fun in the winter for me, I guess it has to do with the warm kitchen?

Speaking of warm, we don't have heat yet in the new house. The last week was BRUTAL. We bought a foreclosure which had been vacant for about a year and a half. The place was winterized at the expense of the bank, but they neglected to winterize the heating system under the house. So, they are fixing it for no charge ont he labor. We had to order the parts. Of course it's entirely on their time now too. So, we're waiting!

Joan- Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated our first anniversay on Sunday. Wow, this year has FLOWN by! I agree with DixieAmy- I am so blessed to have an amazing marriage.

On the weightloss front, I've been watching what I eat, but not completely OP.

Well, the rest of the team is here, gotta run!!

momofthree
10-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Good Morning everyone!
MJ--you are just cruising through your weight loss. Welcome to the non-obese side of the tracks.
It's so great to see you all talking well of your husbands. So many times we women can complain about all our hubbys do wrong and forget about what they do well. My husband and I will be married 10 yrs this spring and I love him more everyday. Joan--Happy Anniversary late.
Jillian-Thanks for the encouragement. Now I just need to exercise again today!!
Have fabulous day today and remember to hug your hubbys and Jillian I am praying for safety for your hubby as he is serving our country.

Hoochie
10-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks everyone. We went out for a nice dinner last night for our anniversary. Today I woke up with a really sore throat. My DH has had a cold and apparently he gave it to me for our anniversary, isn't that sweet of him.lol
I will be going to buy buckleys on my lunch hour!!! yuck
Mj- You darling are really losing the weight quickl. I think thats awesome!
My DH is going away on business for two weeks. I am dreading it but I am determined that I will eat better while he is away. I am setting a goal for two weeks to work really really hard. I am going to set up my menu for two weeks along with my exercise routine.
I really want to lose 10 pounds by Christmas and I know the parties will all be starting soon....
Well have a wonderful day everyone!

Joan

equinetcan
10-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Hey everyone. Slow here this week and last.

Not much new with me. Same old same old around here. We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow but not much. But that means it's just a matter of time before the stuff sticks around for several months.

I gave Chancey a bath outdoors today. It isn't too bad here today at 9C. She wasn't cold but I was. My hands were like ice by the time.I was done but she needed it. She's getting her new winter undercoat so the old stuff is shedding out like crazy right now. But I love when she fuzzes up even more - she's a great foot warmer on the couch! LOL

I won't make a comment on food for this week. Not sure why but this week so far has been awful. But I plan to get better over the end of this week so it won't be a total loss. Supper is in the slowcooker for tonight so I'll have leftovers for a couple of days too which always helps.

Tomorrow I go get my hair done. I always feel better when it's freshly colored and trimmed up. Not doing anything different - but the ungodly roots will be covered and the color/highlights refreshed.

Guess thats it for right now..I'll check in later. Have a great day!

momofthree
10-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Does anyone know??? I was just searching around the site and found that Activia Light should be counted as a starch and not a dairy. Is this true. I only eat 4 oz everyday and it usually helps with constipation. Also I saw that some recommended Magnesium Tabs for constipation. Does anyone do this and how much is safe to take??? Thanks in advance.

Mama Nicole
10-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Just saw on CNN that some freak has 9 hostages in a worker's comp. building in Canada.....Edmundson or someplace like that......I hope you are all ok.

Kristinx
10-21-2009, 05:27 PM
I just saw that Nicole! Nothing scares me more in my job than disgruntled workers...yikes! Hope it all ends peacefully.

As for me...got back from my work conference today..my brain is fried but we hashed out lots of good plans for the next year :)

And I got in workout 1 of the 30 Day active challenge! Felt good even though my knees hurt. Gonna have some dinner, shower and I think FH and I are gonna watch a scary movie tonight :)

equinetcan
10-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Nicole - it's in Edmonton - in Alberta. Luckily way far away from me. I'll take my nice quiet boring day over anything like that any day. Scary.

sweetandspicy
10-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Good Thursday to you all!! I thought I posted yesterday but nothing showed up if I did. It has been a busy week and will continue to be busy until January. Families have an enormous amount if issues around the holidays and I am not looking forward to that. Hav e been exercising about everyother day and eating within my calories but not making the best choices that I could make. I as you all mentioned am dreading the winter comfort foods. I always cook more and eat more when it is cold outside.

I love winter for the holidays. I love Christmas more than anything the decorations and getting to see my family. I love Thanksgiving for the food of course and I love Halloween because I am kind of dark and twisty and it seems to always fit my mood. In the most recent years it has not really been cold or snowed much but according to the weather that will change this winter. So i look forward to my DH building fires and drinking hot chocolate and sledding with the kids who have never had enough snow to even build a proper snowman.

congratulations to everyone and their long marriages. I think it is amazing for families to stay together. No one I repeat no one thought we would last and we have been married for 14 years and we are both only 32 so I expect many many more years even though at least once a day I could stangle him.

Kristinx
10-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks for all your good marriage stories guys! I was just starting to get completely freaked about getting married! lol
A woman I know who just had a baby a couple years ago had a great marriage and life apparently and they recently split and it just made me wonder...if they didn't make, why do I think we will? So I had a bit of a panic attack lol. Hearing good stories makes me realize no matter the situation you can never be sure and marriage is a leap of faith :)

P.S. My butt is sore from squats and lunges yesterday lol

Kimphin
10-22-2009, 02:55 PM
I love Halloween because I am kind of dark and twisty .

Ok, Meredith! (I am assuming you watch Grey's Anat.)

Winter - I do love winter, the first snowfall, Christmas decorations, snow days (gotta love working for a school district), skiing.... but then by February I am DONE with it and there are still 2 months to go! This year will be even worse than usual because we usually go to Jamaica in February and this year we decided to go in April (it was half the price of Feb!). It's gonna be a loooong winter.

Been married 16 years, and we still love each other. There are days though..... I still love him, but I could kill him. And vice versa too, I'm sure!

Food + me + this week = bad. Gotta crack down on THAT!

Repo girl
10-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Ok, Meredith! (I am assuming you watch Grey's Anat.)

Winter - I do love winter, the first snowfall, Christmas decorations, snow days (gotta love working for a school district), skiing.... but then by February I am DONE with it and there are still 2 months to go! This year will be even worse than usual because we usually go to Jamaica in February and this year we decided to go in April (it was half the price of Feb!). It's gonna be a loooong winter.

Been married 16 years, and we still love each other. There are days though..... I still love him, but I could kill him. And vice versa too, I'm sure!

Food + me + this week = bad. Gotta crack down on THAT!

Kim, I am still laughing about that day last winter when you said that it was so cold that your dog stuck his weiner out the door to pee. You always make me laugh!

BarbaraB
10-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Oh Kim... I was living that Jamaica for Valentine's fantasy vicariously a little too much! Oh well, April will still be great in Jamaica. I may need to go and visit my dad in Phoenix where he is moving sometime this winter. I suspect that he will be as popular there as he was in Palm Springs. I generally need a warm sun break sometime in the winter. We don't have a lot of snow, but the rain can get to a person here. Lots of gray skies October through May really. But there is always a week or two where it is clear and cold in the middle of the winter and I love those brisk sunny days.

I've been doing somewhat better foodwise (not saying much as I was eating everything not tied down for a few days there). I took my daughter to a naturopath today, and it was very interesting. He did something called Body Talk, which is somewhat like Reiki, and also is considering putting her on a diet to see if she has a food allergy that she is not aware of. I do think whatever her problems are that stress is making it much worse... I hope this helps her.

Joan. A belated happy anniversary. We'll be married 24 years next month... so are already thinking about what we will do to celebrate 25 years, since that seems like a really big anniversary to me.

Kristen, You never really know the insides of other people's marriages. You can only see the image they project to the world. So you really can't compare your relationship to anyone else's. All marriages have the possiblity of falling apart, you just have to ride out the inevitable highs and lows and forgive each other's failings and appreciate each other's strengths. My husband is both my best friend ever, and the most annoying man on earth, but I love him anyway.

equinetcan
10-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Good morning!

Not much up for me today. Going to go to Kent's today and get my paint and supplies so that I can start doing the inside of the house. 5 gallons here I come! Goodbye white walls. Once done the only white walls left will be my two "spare" rooms. All others will be changed. I don't mind the white but I want a change. Bathroom will be beige/gold shade, main part of house will be a green shade and then the bedroom a pretty pearl grey color. I still haven't ultimately decided on colors for the bedroom yet so this way just about anything will go with the grey.

Other than that not a lot on deck. It's supposed to rain here all weekend. We had some snow yesterday and there is ice outside this morning. Luckily most of the snow that came down didn't stick around. When I went to bed last night it was snowing quite hard too.

Just wanted to check in before I go shopping...I'll check in later again..have a great day!

JLem311
10-23-2009, 11:39 AM
hello all. chilly, rainy day here too.
i slept in an extra hour and skipped my workout today too. i've gotten in 4 days this week, instead of my normal 5 and that's ok. maybe i'll get it in tomorrow.

anyways..we're doing halloween activities this weekend with the kids. painting pumpkins, building an edible haunted house, etc. should be fun as halloween is my FAVORITE holiday. :)

hope everyone has a good weekend.

MunniC
10-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

I did LAWL about 3yrs ago and lost 30lbs in 4 months. And over the past year I ended up gaining back all of it plus more now I'm at my heaviest 188. I'm getting married in a year and cant imagine being at this weight. I rejoined LAWL by paying monthly and bought LA Lites. I just started on Monday and cant wait to see the results!!!

Hoochie
10-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the boards Munni.

Have fun this weekend Jillian. I love Halloween too. Usually we do our whole house up really scary and the kids love it but my DH is away and I just don't know if I want to do all the work on my own. He is going away for two weeks but I think he may come home for the weekend in between his courses which would be nice. I think the kids are staring to count on our house being the scary one of the block. Wouldnt they be disappointed if I didn't do anything....hmmm
Anyways, gotta run.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Joan

Kimphin
10-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Welcome Munni!

BarbaraB
10-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi Munni, congrats on your upcoming wedding and welcome to our little forum.

bubblinb728
10-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Hello friends. I'm a newbie. Enjoy reading your posts. I start the LAW "fast forward" tomorrow. Looks like the plan has changed a great deal since I was on it last (2003). So I'm looking for tips!

I'm 186, 5'5" and looking to get down to 140.

I'll be in touch!!!

B

MunniC
10-25-2009, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the welcomes!! I had a wedding today so i kind of slipped on my menu plan!!! I just couldnt resist!! But I did do portion control!! And I have another wedding tommorow... not a good start!! :(