30-Somethings - 30 Something's Daily Chat: MON 10/19

Wifey
10-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Mornin' ladies! :wave:

Well, I must say that I got to sleep in on Saturday and Sunday morning (9:30 and 9:45), so I feel a bit more awake so far...except for my 10 min power nap on the bus ride to work this morning! :lol3:

I got a lot of laundry and some housework done this weekend, but I didn't get out for a walk with my puppy at all...gotta get myself back on that schedule tonight! :o

I'm still sorta tired but I do feel much better than I did last week. It's not that I can't sleep at all...I usually get between 7-8 hrs a night...I'm just having a hard time dealing with the fact that I have french class 3 days per week and it drains me! I have two 14 hr days per week and I just end up feeling SO beyond tired.

My DH is going to Cuba for 2 weeks...he leaves on Wed. night so I'll have a lot of time to myself...guess that means I'll be going to the gym to keep myself occupied ;) and keeping up with my french homework! :p

How was everyone's weekend?

Hope everyone has a great week!:hug:

greeneggsandtam
10-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Good Morning!

I'm never on the computer this early!
Hi Wifey! I know all about those long days. I am starting my graduate work and I have two night classes during the week. They are long days. Mondieu!

The weekend seemed so fast, I don't feel as though I got a break! I didn't do any exercise and I kinda went all willy-nilly with my plan. But I'm off to the gym before school this morning and I guess all I can do is try it again.

Hope you all had a good weekend!
Tam

Rebound
10-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Wifey -- 9:30 would be sleeping to for me, too, but I remember when I could stay in bed until noon AT LEAST and not care!

Greeneggs -- good luck at the gym!

My weekend was NOT awesome food-wise. We did a haunted forest things and corn mazes and had a marvelous time, but I ate too much Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday. I'm hoping that buckling down today through Thursday will be enough to reverse the damage.

I did feel a lot more rested this morning, though. It was easy to get up when my alarm went off. I Shredded and went for my normal A.M. walk. Last night was Sunday Soup Night and I made some yummy Split Pea Soup. I don't use meat, but I do use ham stock and it makes it really good! So I've got some left over soup along with my salad for lunch today.

Tonight is pasta (http://www.fibergourmet.com/Default.aspx, of course) with shrimp in red sauce. I'm going to attempt my lunch time walk, and I'm going to the barn after work to ride.

Have a GREAT day everyone!

SwimGirl
10-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Ahhh Monday! I am working a lot this week, good on the pocket book, but man, I am not used to working this much! I also tend to do more while Josh(the bf) is gone, not too sure why, tonight after work I managed to get a workout in, did laundry, made dinner and cleaned!! Busy for me! My legs are mega sore from 30DS right now.

Wifey - 14 hour day? Yikes! I never liked those myself, and yes it does drain you. Cuba? That sounds nice! My bf is in Whistler - which also sounds good to me right now!

Tam - sometimes I only have time to work out once a week, but anything is better than nothing! Gotta boost the metabolism!

Rebound - wow! I am impressed with the morning workout! You go! I barely have enough energy to get up and have a shower in the morning, :lol:

It's cold here tonight, so I am off to make a sugar-free hot cocoa!

-Aimee