Old 10-19-2009, 07:20 AM   #1  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default ~*Weekly Chat Oct 19th-Oct 25th*~

Good Morning Girls!

Monday, back to the drawing board. It's cold and I didn't want to get out of bed.

The past 2 days I have weighed in at 201. This morning is official weigh in day and I was up to 204. WTF? It's down 2 from last week, but if tomorrow morning I wake up and I'm back down I'm counting that as the official weight for the week and today is a fluke.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!! Let's kick some booty this week!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #2  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Height: 5"6

No matter if you lost two or four pounds you lost weight! CONGRATS!!!

I'm hoping this will be a better workout week for me. It's not the best excuse but last week was so nasty and I just felt drained and I never talked myself into the treadmill... with the days at a freezing 40 degrees my only hope is to get on the treadmill and really watch what I'm having for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great week.
ChristineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #3  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

I had a terrible weekend food choices wise, mainly due to early Halloween candy...who knew a fun-size bar had like 80 calories...and I had like 4 a day. I did go on a really brutal/awesome hike on Sunday so hopefully that made up for some of it. My bf and I climbed Lyon Mountain near Chazy Lake in upstate NY and most of the way was through snow and ice! Especially near the top it was like hiking up a ski slope. There was a fire tower at the top with amazing views; we could see all the way to Montreal. at 2hrs each way, I'm assuming that knocked off about 1500 calories, and I know it didn't over-compensate that much eating. Official weigh in is today; hopefully I didn't gain 5lbs back yet again, which is what has been happening. Here's a pic of the snow:
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

lol are you eating it? I used to do that.

So I'm like...at least more than 50% done with the move. I have to clean my old house (I hate hate hate hate dust) and unpack some other stuff at my place, but its coming along. When I find my camera I'll post pictures.

I'm up to 193.8 today. I wanted to kick something, but then realized if I break my scale I can't buy another one. I didn't make the best decisions this weekend, but I didn't eat a lot, either. Saturday was my "high" day, as it usually is, and yesterday I had sandwich, soup and then turkey breast and green beans...the problem is I'm so dehydrated I feel hung over. I've already had about a liter of water since I got here. The other thing is that moving does very interesting things to my body where it doesn't function properly, so that could be another issue.

I'm hoping today turns around - I woke up this morning and my tire pressure light was on, I'm hoping to fix that at lunch since I have to drive 60 miles round trip to school tonight, and I left my phone at home. Sigh.

Think good thoughts!!!
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #5  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Forestroad - lol great picture! I can't wait to see snow here, and with the temps being in the low 40s all last week, who knows, maybe we'll get some snow in October! I'm dying to go hiking with my boyfriend, but NJ doesn't really have any cool trails that I know of. We're thinking of doing one in the Poconos when we go for our ski trip.

Stella - feel better!!! And good luck with your tires.

Ugh, I indulged last night and had a stuffed pepper and a half, then we had PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE for dinner (I don't even WANT to tell you the calorie count :< it was SO good though...), and on top of that, my friend is home on her fall break from college and she's basically living with us for the week and she brought all of this yummy candy. I had to try a piece... gummy turtles and chocolate covered gummy bears. How could I resist? So, the result is that I'm up 1lb - which isn't too bad - but since my great loss this past week I'm excited to see if I can beat the 190s to the curb and hurry on out of the 180s before Christmas!!!!

The sun FINALLY is out today. There isn't a cloud in the sky SO, I intend to do my 1 hour workout routine, AND take my dog for a walk (that'll be 3 miles total for today) to makeup for my lost time yesterday (tumbles with the boy don't really burn that much calories).

Good luck this week, ladies, and have a good Monday!!!

Last edited by platformnine; 10-19-2009 at 10:07 AM.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

Platform - there have GOT to be trails around you (I'm assuming you live south/central) - there's the Pine Barrens and there's a forest down there somewhere. I didn't get into hiking until I moved out of NJ, and I was kind of sad, b/c it would have helped me explore.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #7  
Mary

Stella - That's true, there is the Pines... I always forget about them lol. I live in South, about 20 mins out of Philly down route 38. Until we find one, we just walk on the beach down in Ocean City, where he has an apartment
Old 10-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #8  
Chrissy

I live down RT38 too! and about 20 minutes from Philly.. There's a really great park called Smithville that has some small trails to walk... but not any hard hiking.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/195/150

Height: 5'1

Last week was the first week I went the whole week logging my calories honestly. During the week I'm pretty great, mostly because school life made things so busy that binging is just hard. But when I realized how much I eat during Saturday and Sunday.. every calorie deficit and cardio I'd earn up during the week is just blown over like a bowling ball to a bunch of bowling pins!

I'm definitely going to be thinking of the 1500 cal surplus I got from the weekend when I'm at the gym, but gotta think of a better weekend plan. And Thanksgiving's only a month away.. x-x
saintxio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #10  
Brighter than the moon!

So all of my tires were low on air, the nice man at the gas station filled them up, and the light went away. Yay
Old 10-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #11  
Mary

Christine - oh really? You must be really close to me then, lol! I live in Mt. Laurel

Wooo! I just found out that the research paper I was working on last week got an A!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #12  
Chrissy

Mary - Congrats on the A, and I live in Eastampton so yeah we're like 15 minutes apart. Smithville Park is only down the street from my house but they have alot of walks and such during the winter.

Stella - Don't you love it when you don't have to look at that light in the car anymore! haha.. My car is due for service soon.. Ugh
Old 10-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #13  
I will do this.

Oh girls, girls, girls....

Last week was HORRIBLE eating wise. I was on TOM..but I can't really blame all of it on TOM but wow - was I sure bad.

I know it has to due with anxiety. School, my relationship taking the next step (i.e. moving into a rental house)...but how different can that be from an apartment, right? I dunno - I think it is a lot different. We are really taking the next step...and he as "gone out to dinner with my Dad"...so I think he is going to ask me to marry him and all I could think about last week was stuffing my face.

I know that food is how handle a lot of my emotions, especially since I quit smoking. I think that I need to channel those emotions into a more intense workout. I *know* that that is a good way of channel negative emotions - and for me - prayer also does that.

Working out is a whole other ball of wax, though. So I start working out - I do great for 2 weeks...then life happens and I miss one or two work outs and then I get so hard on myself that I binge. It has been the same track playing over and over in my mind since I was 13. And guess what? It doesn't work.

How do I work on another way to form a relationship with food and working out? My way of perfection and then beating myself up has never worked and nor is it going to. I know that the logical answer is to "not be so hard on myself, pat myself on the back...etc etc.." but it so much more than that. I need to change the same ole' tape that has been playing in my head for all these years about eating and working out. But how do I do that? Am I making any sense?

platform Pumpkin cheesecake? WOW. That sounds AMAZING. I love everything pumpkin but somehow have managed to avoid them...I am nervous that thanksgiving is going to send me on a pumpkin binge!! I wish tumbles with the boy counted toward more calories. :-( Oh, and yes - I love my macbook pro. Apple = love. I SO want an iPhone but dislike AT&T...

stella How has moving been for you? Busy, eh? I get to paint this week and move next weekend. It's crazy isn't it? But I am totally determined to leave my apartment spotless to get to my deposit back!! Good luck with the rest of your move!

foresroad What a great picture! Thanks for sharing that. Looks like a great hike. Don't worry about those fun sized candies - I am sure I will eat more than 4 on Halloween...and I am sure you burned those off! By the way - it looks like you have a really pretty eyes.

feral Ugh! That's why I hate my scale. I never weight because I hate the emotional response I have to the number. I heard from my trainer women can change 5 pounds either way within a day - so I wouldn't worry too much!

luvja We miss you!! How are you, lovely girl? Still smoke free??
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #14  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Platform- I am jealous of your proximity to the beach! Have fun in the Poconos; I used to go on school ski trips to 7 Springs (is that the Poconos?) and they were a blast. I highly recommend snow shoes, if you're looking to do some winter hiking out there...I do it all the time in VT; it's a great workout and really fun/easy.

Stella- sorry you are up, but it's probably stress and water weight; it sounds like you did really well eating-wise yesterday and I'm sure it'll show tomorrow

Saintxio- This afternoon at weigh in I get to see how many days I set myself back in one weekend...you over-indulge 2 meals and all of a sudden it's at least half a week undone, but that means we can make up for it with a few good choices, too, right?

Taylor- Thanks! I think my eyes are probably my best feature. I wish I had some advice for you about erasing that tape; what I can say is that I used to be the same way with working out--have a good streak for a couple weeks or even a month or two, but then get out of the habit and completely lack the motivation to get back into it. I joined a gym two years ago and with the exception of a couple minor blips, I am now a religious gym-goer. Part of it has been redefining my self image; I do this exercise where I tell myself that I am a person who likes being outdoorsy and active, and who goes to the gym to stay fit at least a couple times a week, and who enjoys eating but not to excess, so that it becomes second nature to behave this way. And it's true, I am all these things, but in the past I haven't been, so I've had to actively work on internalizing them so I don't feel like I'm just pretending and sooner or later will fall back into eating poorly and not exercising.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I’m back see that thread. I’m so happy to see familiar names and that so many things are the same. Since I posted an update on my life in another thread I’m just going to respond here.

Feral – Could be water weight, hang in there.
Chrissy – I hope the weather gets better. I’ve learned weight loss is as much what you eat as how much you exercise. Do you have a tv near the treadmill I find that tv helps me go longer then music (a better distraction).
forestroad – AHHH I hate snow. But great job hiking!!!
Jennie Rose – Dehydration is the worst, my roommate cannot believe how much I drink but I agree with you that if I don’t then I fell hung over. Think of all the calories you’ll burn cleaning and moving. (I know it sucks that is my way of trying to stay positive). Good luck!

Mary – Good job on getting out and exercising. I use to make a low calorie stuff pepper by mixing brown rice, black beans, salsa, and just a tablespoon of LF cheese, they were pretty good.

Saintxio – Great job logging all your calories … that deserves a :banana:

Taylor – SO happy to see your still here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote