General chatter - Laughter...Does it really burn...?

D22Guzman
10-18-2009, 11:35 PM
I just heard that laughing burns Calories...is this true?
Well then how many calories does it burn? and how much do you have to laugh to burn a calorie? does anyone know...i guess I am just curious...:D

Ryanne
10-18-2009, 11:58 PM
...but the Bible says that Proverbs 17:22 – A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. (KJV)

22 Being cheerful keeps you healthy. (Good News)
22 A happy heart is a healing medicine … (Smith-Goodspeed)
22 A glad heart makes a healthy body … (Basic English)
22 A glad heart helps and heals … (Moffatt)
22 A glad heart is excellent medicine, a spirit depressed wastes the bones away. (Jerusalem)
22 A cheerful heart makes a quick recovery; it is crushed spirits that waste a man’s frame. (Knox)
22 The best medicine is a cheerful heart … (Fenton)
22 A joyful heart worketh an excellent cure … (Rotherham)
22 … a broken spirit makes one sick. (Living Bible)
:D

Primm
10-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Laughing burns calories. So does breathing. And thinking. But because it's more physical, it makes sense that laughing is more calorie-intensive than just sitting around.

Plus it makes you feel good! Don't know how many calories it burns, but I plan to keep doing it for a very long time.

Onederchic
10-19-2009, 12:10 AM
http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-burn-laughing-q3173

Primm
10-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Awesome! :D Trust Onederchic to come up with the answer - is there anything you don't know?

Onederchic
10-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Hahaha, I ♥ you, Ruth :D :hug:

kuhrisuh
10-19-2009, 01:44 AM
I guess we might need to start a "lol" thread to get us all laughing while we sit here.. ??

D22Guzman
10-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks Alot Everyone!!!!

D22Guzman
10-19-2009, 10:09 PM
...but the Bible says that Proverbs 17:22 – A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. (KJV)

22 Being cheerful keeps you healthy. (Good News)
22 A happy heart is a healing medicine … (Smith-Goodspeed)
22 A glad heart makes a healthy body … (Basic English)
22 A glad heart helps and heals … (Moffatt)
22 A glad heart is excellent medicine, a spirit depressed wastes the bones away. (Jerusalem)
22 A cheerful heart makes a quick recovery; it is crushed spirits that waste a man’s frame. (Knox)
22 The best medicine is a cheerful heart … (Fenton)
22 A joyful heart worketh an excellent cure … (Rotherham)
22 … a broken spirit makes one sick. (Living Bible)
:D

I noticed you wrote the number 22 alot... that is my favorite number it has always been but let me tell you why...its my fav because like I always say 2 twos together so they wont be lonely hehehehe and since I have two sets of TWINS they are never lonely and seens my sign is a gemini i know I am a tiwns so Im not lonely....LOL....:D