Weight Loss Support - You've. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.

View Full Version : You've. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.

kuhrisuh
10-18-2009, 05:15 PM
When I lost my first 15 lbs, I couldn't tell a difference. I figured it would take a few more.. and now that I've lost 24, not only can I not tell, but I actually feel BIGGER (especially in my stomach & face). And by the look of my pictures.. it seems I've made no progress at all.

Looking at these pictures is shocking. I can't believe I'm this big. :o The first set - where I'm wearing jeans - are after the first week. The second set were taken this past Thursday.

http://i34.tinypic.com/m9tv1y.jpghttp://i35.tinypic.com/m7w01l.jpghttp://i38.tinypic.com/2evxfg3.jpghttp://i37.tinypic.com/20g1j84.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/15nrivl.jpghttp://i35.tinypic.com/ehfz1s.jpghttp://i34.tinypic.com/35k25va.jpghttp://i38.tinypic.com/whzeqq.jpg

I'm guessing because I have so much to lose it will take even more before I or anyone else start to notice. It's just so frustrating!!! Any advice :/?

Bonnie+J
10-18-2009, 05:20 PM
i see a huge difference!!! especially in the second picture from the left! you are looking good girl!!!

mortonpixie
10-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Those 24lbs came right off your hips from the looks of it!! You are starting to show those pounds lost - to me! Also, I use a measuring tape once a month to give myself a better judge of what's going on. The tape doesn't lie.

Sunnigummi
10-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Ok, so I misread your post and thought the first two jeans pics were the first week and the second two jeans pics were the second week. I was going "yeah there really aren't any changes, hmmm." Then I scrolled down. :dz: *blonde moment*

I see a difference! Looks like your butt has gone done and a little has been shaved off your tummy too!! I can't see a difference in my body, but my husband notices changes in my tummy (seems that's where I lose it first) and my mom noticed changes in my face.

It might not register with you, but trust me it's happening. Be proud of yourself for what you've accomplished so far! ;)

funnycanadiangirl
10-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey chickie!

Here's the deal. I don't know you, so I have no reason to lie to you, right? Trust me, there's definitely a difference. And I totally get it - when people mention my weight loss, I don't see it at all. But believe me, you look different! Congrats on all the hard work so far, and seriously, it's working!!!

Keep it up!

StephanieM
10-18-2009, 05:31 PM
I can see a difference! I think its a mind trick, because before your area underneath your boobs was naturally tapered and looked very thin, now that you've lost stomach fat, the tapering doesn't show as much as that area is still thin, but the gap is small. It gives the illusion of gained weight, but if you look carefully, you realise there are definately inches lost! Use some measuring tape, you'll get a more accurate look :)

You are also wearing shorts in the second photo, the jeans you had before could have been hiding things too!

crzymom6
10-18-2009, 05:31 PM
I can totally see a difference in the two sets of pics! Especially in your hips. Keep it up!

Onederchic
10-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Definitely can see a difference :D Congrats :hug:

Aclai4067
10-18-2009, 05:35 PM
I absolutely do see a difference. I know it can be hard to see in yourself. I feel the same way when I look at my own progress pics. I've lost almost 40 lbs and feel like it looks like nothing. And as far as feeling bigger, I experienced that at about minus 30 lbs. It was really frustrating, I could swear my lower belly was growing by the day! But it's really just in your head. You're being too critical of yourself.
Just stay focused and try to eliminate those negative thoughts. Many of us are guilty of tearing ourselves down. When you catch yourself thinking negatively, come up with something positive about yourself. It might be hard at first, but I promise you have good qualities and have/will make great achievments to be proud of. Keep pushing through, eventually your mind will catch up to the awesome progress your body has made

EZMONEY
10-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Have those eyes checked kiddo....;)

Sheena41
10-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Do you take measurements? Sometimes that can tell so much more than what you see in the mirror.

L144S
10-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Carissa,
from your profile picture, you have to be one of the prettiest girls out there.

all I can say is that we all have moments where we feel "fatter than before we started", have moments of "I can't believe I did this to myself and will i always be a fat person" and "I am working so hard at this and my every waking thought is consumed with food/diet/ and the plan". unfortunately as women we have hormonal changes that effect the brain etc. and the moods will cycle with your cycle ( we feel the best about ourselves when we are ovulating, nature makes it that way for a reason.

Hang in there, it will work and you have every reason to do this and be happy with who you are and who you will become.

MsDiana 08
10-18-2009, 05:52 PM
WOW! Keep up the good work!!!

maryshady
10-18-2009, 05:53 PM
You are definitely taking up less space. In your side pics your butt is quite a bit smaller and I see a difference in your hips too. I agree with everyone else use a tape measure to see progress. It best to wear the same kind of outfit too for your before and afters.

You are doing great! keep up the hard work!

kuhrisuh
10-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement and support. I think I'll get a measuring tape next time I'm at walmart like most of you suggested.. that'll be a good way to keep track. I've started taking my pictures in those same shorts so I can see my legs and such..

Sunnigummi- LOL, i have those ditzy moments myself..

StephanieMuirhead - i get what you said about the whole "mind trick" thing.. makes sense and makes me feel a little better about it :)

Keep pushing through, eventually your mind will catch up to the awesome progress your body has made - i like that.. and I'm looking forward to that moment. I have those same thoughts, that my stomach is getting bigger and bigger.. I'm glad I'm not the only one to have them!

Carissa,
from your profile picture, you have to be one of the prettiest girls out there. - thank you thank you thank you. I'm sure I'll have more of these moments, just like you said we all do.. thank goodness I have you all!!

Thanks again everyone.. you're all so kind & helpful! :hug:

kuhrisuh
10-18-2009, 06:47 PM
also.. do any of you think that doing more crunches/workouts with my ab ball will help my stomach get smaller quicker? I know that targeting specific areas wont makes you lose weight from that area, but I guess I'm just hoping there's SOMETHING I can do.. haha.

L144S
10-18-2009, 06:56 PM
cardio will slim you down quicker

funnycanadiangirl
10-18-2009, 07:27 PM
It's been my experience that the best way to slim down the stomach is a combination of proper nutrition (especially watching sodium and fibre to make sure you're not bloated and regular), cardio (to burn from everywhere) and ab exercises.

I like putting together a little 'ab-circuit' to make sure I'm getting different parts of my abs. So I'll do regular crunches, obliques and lower ab crunches for example, and then do that set three times.

There are some great websites that will give you ab exercises to try. Whenever I get bored, or think my exercises aren't working, I switch it up with ideas I find online. A quick google search will give you a host of ideas!

VernDern
10-18-2009, 07:31 PM
I see a difference! Everyone always seems to have a really hard time seeing the changes in themselves but trust me, you ar doing great! You can def tell in those pictures!

I would absolutely start measuring yourself. Alot of time you lose inches and dont even notice at first! Its always really encouraging, because Im a scale whore, when the scale doesnt move much but then you measurements are getting smaller!

Keep it up! Dont give up! =) You look great!

Onederchic
10-18-2009, 07:35 PM
I do a mix of cardio and weight/strength training plus my diet is pretty clean..well really clean :D

kuhrisuh
10-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Awesome.. I think I'll try the ab circuit thing! And I know I need to work on my salt intake...

kuhrisuh
10-18-2009, 07:46 PM
thank you verndern :)

LBLAZY
10-18-2009, 07:57 PM
As everyone else has said, I can definitely see a difference in your body! Your stomach is shrinking!

I've only been working out for about a month, but doing the 30 day shred (I'm still on step 2 though) has definitely changed up my stomach area. If you haven't done it yet, try it out! :)

nooch
10-18-2009, 08:01 PM
I definitely, definitely see a difference! It's hard to see it in yourself - I've lost 41 pounds and I am just starting to see it in non-face areas.

owensmommy4
10-18-2009, 08:37 PM
I have lost just over 30 lbs, and to me, I dont feel any different. However my clothes are so loose now. I see no difference in pictures or in the mirror, but everyone is different and I can see it in the way clothes fit. And I do see a difference in your photos, so I think that a lot of the time we can't see it from our perspective but it is working.

mateosmama2005
10-19-2009, 01:09 AM
I see a difference in your stomache!!

kuhrisuh
10-19-2009, 01:11 AM
thank you mateos :)
all this support really does help..

Altari
10-19-2009, 04:50 AM
Big difference!

I've lost 45 pounds and still don't see anything. I'm down 6 sizes and everyone I see says how phenomenal I look and to keep it up. But...It takes a long time for your mind to catch up to how you really look. And it's not just for losing weight. My husband finally "manned up", with wide shoulders, a final growth spurt and lots of muscle packed everywhere. I've been telling him for months, but it wasn't until he ran into an unexpected mirror that he really SAW the changes!

maintain
10-19-2009, 08:38 AM
GIRL! I can see the difference! Everywhere and especially your face. I know when I start losing weight I always start to be highly sensitive about my body and its features, because before I was just not controlling myself and not caring how big my body got. When it finally set it what my body looked like, it seemed like when I was losing weight there was no difference, and that I did actually look bigger. Keep going girl! You look great but the more weight you lose the more confident you'll become in the fact that you're NOT staying the same, you're getting smaller!!

Hope this helps.

-Luz

Hamoco350
10-19-2009, 08:47 AM
I definitely see a difference. The second pic from the left shows the biggest difference- but everyone is right, the mind can play tricks on you. My family claims they're seeing a difference right now. I just started and can't see much at all, so I've been wondering if they're telling me a big one. :lol::lol:
They're probably telling the truth, since they're brutally honest!

Anyway, trust me, there's a difference!!

gnomey
10-19-2009, 09:11 AM
I think you look a lot better!! congratulations, 24 pounds is a lot!
I'd say don't lose hope and if you're really discouraged work on building muscle mass... you might gain weight at first but you'll lose inches as you become more toned and eventually you'll burn more calories even at rest as your body maintains the muscle...
good luck!!

mayness
10-19-2009, 10:01 AM
The first thing I noticed was your arms, I think they look a lot thinner! (Not necessarily a ton smaller, but less... lumpy... lol I can't think of a more pleasant word to use, sorry, hopefully you know what I mean!)

I think it's harder to see a loss if you're losing pretty evenly all over your body, which you probably are. But that sort of weight loss pattern is a GOOD thing, it makes it easier to find clothes that fit well. :D

JustBeckyV
10-19-2009, 12:38 PM
I see a difference as well -- just stick with it and it will happen!!

DivineFidelity
10-19-2009, 12:51 PM
You know, I see plenty of difference...in your thighs and your hips!

I posted a post a lot like this when I had just his 30 lbs....because I wasn't really seeing a difference at all..even between the pictures (and not just in the mirror).

Other people posted that they could see differences, and I still really couldn't....

I'm only just now BEGINNING to see any sort of difference...so I guess it takes longer for your eyes to adjust then everyone else's. lol

You're doing GREAT though, Congrats!

kuhrisuh
10-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks again everyone :hug:! I wish I had you all with me when I step on the scale lol!

mrsaugie
10-19-2009, 02:43 PM
I see a big difference especially the one from the back. You look great keep it up. I know some times it may seem like you are getting nowhere but you will. Eventually you will see a difference too. just keep going and it will happen.