Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/166/139

Height: 5'7"

Default Okay Okay - What the Heck is Going On? LOL

Since August 7th, I've gone from 174 to 165.2. That's good, I suppose.

But along the way, I go through periods where I stay *exactly* the same weight - sometimes for an entire week or more.

It's more curious than anything - it sort of freaks me out!

My scale weighs in 10th's of a pound. And so one would assume that fluctuating water, calories, food left over from the day before, etc. would naturally lead to an up or down movement on the sale from day to day, at least 1/10th - 1/5th of a pound most times.

But nooooooooooooo! More often than not, I wake up weighing *exactly* the same as I did before - I mean exactly!

For instance, right now I'm stuck at 165.2. Regardless whether I work out or not, or if I eat 1200 calories or 1800 - it stays the same.

This has happened for the past 2 months. Usually it takes a "food holiday" to move the scale down 1-2 pounds all at once, and then I plateau again.

Does anyone else experience this? Or am I just weird.
SunnyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

You are not weird. I feel like I"m going through something similar and I am also very frustrated. However, you've come a long way! Just keep doing what you're doing and you will get there. Maybe it will take you a bit longer than someone else, but better later than never. Sometimes it helps to shake things up, as you've mentioned. A food holiday or doing intense weight lifting or doing something completely different as a workout can really help. But, I'm sure you've tried all of these things. I can't wait to be in your boat! You are really approaching your goal!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

There were several weeks in my weight loss where my weight didn't change. Weight loss isn't really linear.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/166/139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
There were several weeks in my weight loss where my weight didn't change. Weight loss isn't really linear.
Oh sure, I can understand that sometimes it will be faster, and sometimes slower. It's the aspect of staying at the exact same weight - to the 10th of a pound - that strikes me as odd in terms of math and physics. It would seem impossible to keep one's weight at EXACTLY the same 10th of a pound from day to day if one tried - yet my body seems capable of keeping me at the exact same weight on its own for days on end, with incredible precision!
SunnyP is offline   Reply With Quote