Old 10-18-2009, 11:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

Default bandwagon vs making wrong choices- aka back again

Hello my fellow 20-somethings.

I've abandoned you again, and stopped logging in. I stopped blogging. I stopped everything. I don't know why. Laziness? I don't think I'm good enough? I'm content? Errrgh! I don't know!!!

Thing is I'm not content.

So, I've made a slew of wrong choices, and have gained 8 lbs. I am back to 240 and I'm just baffled. I know laziness is a habit, but I can't seem to break it. I wake up every morning to a trash heap cluttered room, and I don't get frustrated. I'm almost comforted by the site and feel. This my friends, is not good thinking. I made a list of all the reasons why I want to lose weight and why I want to be healthy, all of which are valid and written as truths, yet I still eat 3 slices of pizza and do not workout.

Within my evaluation, I've also found I have a problem with not finishing things. I start with good intention, or even just SAY I will do something with good intention and never finish (or sometime never start)

I know day to day living should be taken one day at a time, I sit at work and think for 15 minutes "should I eat the twix bar" and after those minutes my answer is usually "um... yes!!" But why???!!

It's like I have a double life. The type A over achiever who can accomplish anything, who is a social butterfly who laughs with friends, performs on stage at the drop of a hat when asked, and the other darker side that hates going to work, is hungry all the time, doesn't want to sweat, is uncomfortable in her skin, finds comfort in clutter at home, and has so little motivation to finish anything she starts.

I'm back for support. I'm taking it not one day at a time, but second by second. I want to achieve my goal. I need it, and I know I deserve it.

Please give me your wise words of encouragement and advice. You've all helped so much in the past and I thank you for always being here for me even when I'm not. You'll be seeing more of me, I really can't do it alone.

D
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Welcome back, D!

There really isn't much to say, only that you're back now!

We are all a work in progress and to me, weightloss and maintenance are really about the bigger picture. We all fall off track and get distracted and lose motivation, but there's always hope if you're willing to get back to it. Weightloss is a lot like life- non-linear.

So, miss D, look onward and upward and welcome back
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Welcome back, D!

There really isn't much to say, only that you're back now!

We are all a work in progress and to me, weightloss and maintenance are really about the bigger picture. We all fall off track and get distracted and lose motivation, but there's always hope if you're willing to get back to it. Weightloss is a lot like life- non-linear.

So, miss D, look onward and upward and welcome back
^^^ Ditto.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:30 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Welcome back! I know it is hard when you have no motivation to do anything at all But just like motivation comes and goes, so do these times if you keep going. I would make a list of things you are unhappy with, including things like work, and see what you can do to change those things. With the weightloss, maybe try just changing one thing a week (e.g. when i started I said I would stop eating in the evenings one week, the next week I stopped reduced eating something, e.g. biscuits, to one or 2 a week etc, so i didnt get overwhelmed).

Maybe start blogging again, about this stuff that you are struggling now. If anything, it might just help distract you from eating. On the other hand, it might help you clear your head
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #5  
A double-chinned doctor.

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Wow, I identify with your post so much. I do the same thing. Be mad about my size, my lack of energy, and simple uncomfortableness in my own body, then I go and eat a box of crackers.

I don't know if there's any magic to keeping up motivation, but I've just decided finally yesterday that I will make a point to post on here often, and keep reminders around my house of my goals, so it's more of an in your face I can't run away from it approach.

I've come to the realization that nothing is gonna change unless I change it.
april714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #6  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Height: 5"6

I was reading your post and I thought it was about me! I am the same way.. one week I will be SO motivated and do so good and the next week I say I don't care but it's really giving up. Your not alone!!!!

The hardest part is realizing you need to do something and really doing it and you've done that... and that in itself is a huge step towards your goals. You have to be a little proud of yourself for figuring out what is really going on. Your story is just so much like mine and I really hope you keep us all updated so we can learn from each other
ChristineM is offline   Reply With Quote