Weight Loss Support - Your Bologna Jig Is Up!

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Your Bologna Jig Is Up!

EZMONEY
10-17-2009, 12:29 PM
It's over TEAM :(

Power Chick :chicken: JENNIFER has taken our fried bologna thread away....

too bad :( so sad :(

Guess she knew the jig was up...we were busted....or at least I was :yes:

I continually fail to lose the guaranteed 5 pounds that I promised all of us so many months ago....:mad:

I create my own baloney :yes:

Too many extra chips... :jeno: pizza slices...beers....and....oh never mind....:no:

OH for pete's sake GARY... SAY IT!!!

OK-OK....:cheese: cheese :cheese:...way too much cheese! :yes:

There it is...out in the open...way too much :cheese: cheese in my life...

FRIDAY NIGHT SPLITS have even turned into a 70/30 with Angie...

what will I ever do? :shrug:

HERE WE GO TEAM :carrot: time to dump the baloney...ALL INVITED! :yes:

Onederchic
10-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Haha..just say NO to the cheese!

EZMONEY
10-17-2009, 12:35 PM
I have tried that...but don't you know MEESH...cheese have no ears...

Onederchic
10-17-2009, 12:41 PM
:rofl: You got a lol out of me for real :p

EveLHaelf
10-17-2009, 12:54 PM
I love me some cheese....:hun:

salsa chip
10-17-2009, 01:28 PM
These are some of the most bizarre threads on the entire forum :D

EZMONEY
10-17-2009, 02:44 PM
These are some of the most bizarre threads on the entire forum :D

Why thank-you :)

EZMONEY
10-17-2009, 02:49 PM
OK...I am taking the offensive approach today...

going to the sports bar in about an hour...was gonna have a pizza there since they are 2 for 1 on Saturdays...

but, after dropping off an i-pod at my sister's, I came home and had leftover fettuccine/tomato/basil pasta and cut up a couple of tomatoes....

and am not drinking any beer until I get there!

man it's hot...sure could use one!!

no-no Gary...grab that Gatorade!

Onederchic
10-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Hang in there, you can do it :cheer3:

EveLHaelf
10-17-2009, 03:22 PM
**Chants** GATORADE! GATORADE! GATORADE!

CountingDown
10-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Gary :drill:
STEP AWAY!!!!
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/7453/nocheese.jpghttp://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7112/nobeer.jpg (http://img224.imageshack.us/i/nobeer.jpg/)

iriswhispers
10-17-2009, 03:39 PM
CD come on!!! Those photos are making me drool! :drool: Looks like some good cheese!

I am going to treat myself to some wine tonight... because the bottle is already open and you know it needs to be finished - only stays good so long! But I'll try to stay away from the cheese. Even though it would go so well with my wine. :devil:

Onederchic
10-17-2009, 03:46 PM
STEP AWAY!!!!
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/7453/nocheese.jpghttp://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7112/nobeer.jpg (http://img224.imageshack.us/i/nobeer.jpg/)

:rofl:

CountingDown
10-17-2009, 03:56 PM
CD come on!!! Those photos are making me drool! :drool: Looks like some good cheese!

I am going to treat myself to some wine tonight... because the bottle is already open and you know it needs to be finished - only stays good so long! But I'll try to stay away from the cheese. Even though it would go so well with my wine. :devil:

All things in moderation works for me. (It just doesn't seem to work for Gary) ;)

I love a bit of red wine myself :) If you can't stay away from the cheese, how about a bit of Laughing Cow on some fresh vegetables with it - creamy, cheesy, and VLC. :D

dutchgirl
10-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Moderation is not in Gary's dictionary, I think. Come to think of it, I have the occasional problem with it myself. The occasion being whenever things I like to eat are around.
Count me in, Gary!

iriswhispers
10-17-2009, 05:21 PM
I love a bit of red wine myself :) If you can't stay away from the cheese, how about a bit of Laughing Cow on some fresh vegetables with it - creamy, cheesy, and VLC. :D

What a wonderful idea! =) I think I will pick up some laughing cow on my grocery store trip today.

Moderation is not in Gary's dictionary, I think. Come to think of it, I have the occasional problem with it myself. The occasion being whenever things I like to eat are around.
Count me in, Gary!

haha, same here!

EZMONEY
10-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Well TEAM all I have to say is THANK-YOU and you know me all too well :)

Moderation????????

Sorry...if I could go there my life would be so much easier.....

Son calls me up about 5 minutes before he and dil were to pick us up...says "Pops...I don't think we want to hang out there all day...why don't I keep it cool on the beer...one or two and pick you up, stay until the half and watch the rest at home on your TV...."

So that is what we did...except I had 3 beers...25 oz. each...dang... and since it was buy one get one free pizza...we did...split one there and brought one home that we split....

USC won :carrot:....so the way I see it...

it was a CALORIE FREE DAY!!!!!!!! :carrot:

CountingDown
10-17-2009, 10:07 PM
:nono:
Gary, Gary, Gary.
M-O-D-E-R-A-T-I-O-N
quality of being moderate and avoiding extremes
easing: a change for the better
temperance: the trait of avoiding excessesNow you KNOW the word. The next step is putting it into practice.
;)

:hug:
Oops - 2 hours and 54 minutes left, I'm ashamed. I promised to be good on this special day. :o

blondebritbrat17
10-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Well I guess I'm still working on the moderation part myself.. I have gained back 3 pounds myself this week due to stress eating. So I've still got some work to do. Speaking of work to do, I realized I've got some work to do on myself as well. I've really been in need of some encouragement this past week due to a lot of stress more than usual since I've been worried about my mother and the home health care situation and I'm not sure if it's the people I am surrounded by or if I've somehow fostered this environment but I got a lot of sarcastic and in general unhelpful comments this past week on a lot of things I mentioned I was doing or needed to get done when asked questions and some of the comments I got really hurt my feelings and some of them just plain frustrated me and some of them were just plain inappropriate in front of the children I work with.. So I realized today maybe I'm fostering that type of environment by doing that as well and not even realizing it since I can be sarcastic at times but I never thought that I did it when someone was down and perhaps needed some encouragement. I certainly hope I don't have a habit of doing that. So from now on I will be working harder to be positive or just say nothing at all..and we'll see what I get in return! :-) Anyways come on team!! Lots of Football going on today.. I turned down taking home a panful of chocolate cake tonight!

dutchgirl
10-18-2009, 04:21 AM
Blond, way to go on the chocolate cake! That shows real strength as far as I am concerned.
I firmly believe that what you put out into the world, you will receive back manyfold, so yes, by all means be attentive about how and what you say to others and be positive in your attitude. And don't forget to be kind to yourself as well, make sure there is time in the day for you!

kuhrisuh
10-18-2009, 01:40 PM
STEP AWAY!!!!

:lol:

EZMONEY
10-18-2009, 05:55 PM
HI TEAM :)

Getting a bit "cheesy" around here.....:D

Well I forgot.....thank goodness....to weigh myself this morning. I think that is only about the 3rd time since I started this journey (other than working out of town)...tomorrow will tell the tragedy of yesterdays pizza and beers!

Trying to be good today....skipped breakfast and ate brunch after church....walked the dogs for 3 miles then had a canned salmon sandwich and a FEW chips...just a few...gotta have 'em with a sandwich right? ;)

Angie is on her way home, we have a big ta-do at church tonight with desserts.....I can skip that easily....but then we will probably go out to our Mexican joint for dinner if she is up to it...I hope....:)

Be good to yourselves TEAM! :hug:

Nice to see some new visitors....stick around if you need to lose 5 pounds or more...our TEAM (all of you) GUARANTEES IT...can't beat that....

EZMONEY
10-18-2009, 05:57 PM
SCOOTER ~

Not quite sure what you mean by the pictures...I'm more of a audio person....;)

Onederchic
10-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Skipping breakfast is not being good! :|

EZMONEY
10-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Skipping breakfast is not being good! :|

I know but I was out of cheese and beer....

salsa chip
10-18-2009, 06:17 PM
What, so I post in this thread and I lost 5lbs? Just like that?

Niiiiiiiice!

Onederchic
10-18-2009, 06:18 PM
I know but I was out of cheese and beer....

Hehe, you are so bad.

EZMONEY
10-18-2009, 06:18 PM
What, so I post in this thread and I lost 5lbs? Just like that?

Niiiiiiiice!

Absolutely! That is my guarantee...I wouldn't lie!

however I set no time limits.....;)

EZMONEY
10-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Hehe, you are so bad.

and I gotta shape up fast...Angie finally has phone reception and is on her way home from the montains!

back to the vacuum...

JustBeckyV
10-18-2009, 08:57 PM
OH man -- I am a sucker for cheese!

Onederchic
10-18-2009, 09:00 PM
and I gotta shape up fast...Angie finally has phone reception and is on her way home from the montains!

back to the vacuum...

:rofl:

mrsaugie
10-18-2009, 09:14 PM
hi everyone i see all is going well. I know that things are going fine on my end and that i am deffinatly getting good at pushing my plate away when i am done eating weither or not there is food left or not.

EZMONEY
10-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Awesome on the "push" MRSAUGIE

Weighed in....185....so that has probably been that for 4 days straight...

work to do...on gosh yes...work to do....

salsa chip
10-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Cheeeeese. YUMMY.

Where I live it's hard to not like cheese, we have loads of it ;)

dutchgirl
10-19-2009, 12:23 PM
same here, I do love my cheese as well, and there is an awful lot of cheese to love! But I do have to do the moderation bit.
Gary, you're heading in the wrong direction, fella!

iriswhispers
10-19-2009, 01:09 PM
you know what makes me really sad about cheese is that they make fat-free cheese, and it seems like such a good idea, but it just NEVER measures up to the real deal!

I try to be good w/ portion sizes when I'm making things with cheese, but somehow after i measure out what I need i'm always grabbing a little (umm or a lot) extra "just to taste"... yeah, like I don't know what it tastes like by now!

dutchgirl
10-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Fat-free cheese is an oxymoron! It is plastic faintly reminiscent of a cheese-like substance. :p
I would rather do without.

salsa chip
10-19-2009, 04:49 PM
same here, I do love my cheese as well, and there is an awful lot of cheese to love! But I do have to do the moderation bit.

Hehehehehehehe!

(dit omdat jij en ik eigenlijk in hetzelfde land wonen)

EZMONEY
10-19-2009, 06:00 PM

Oh I know! :yes: And at first I was worried :yikes:

But I got to thinkin' :chin: how much :woohoo: fun :woohoo: I had losing the 31 pounds....

that...maybe I should start all over ....

that's my story and I'm stickin' :rollpin: to it....:^:

blondebritbrat17
10-19-2009, 11:18 PM
As for the CHEESE discussion above, fat free cheese is a great idea but I agree it's no cigar.. I have decided I am not buying a rice krispie box again for awhile.. I have been having the snack size rice krispies and they are evil for me tonight at least.. Will power will power.. Oh how I need you so.. I have had three or four or five I think... of those tonight. I've lost track that's bad yikes.. I just keep telling myself they are a point each in WW terms.. then they can't be that bad.. *Hangs head* I'm done though. I'm currently waiting on hubby to get back and let us finish watching House. Anyways have a good night!

dutchgirl
10-20-2009, 12:17 AM
What is it about going into the cold months that makes you crave lots of stodgy, srick-to-your-ribs warming stuff like soups and stews? Must be some sort of instinctual thing. I need to start looking into low-cal versions of the above if I'm going to survive this winter with a waist-line that curves in, not out!:D

Hey Salsa-chip :high:, wat leuk. Waar woon jij dan?

iriswhispers
10-20-2009, 12:38 AM
dit omdat jij en ik eigenlijk in hetzelfde land wonen

Can we get some translation here? :p I'm guessing Dutch - looks similar to German and I can't quite grasp and am now very curious!

salsa chip
10-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Ah, *giggle*, I was just telling dutchgirl where I live :)

dutchgirl
10-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Can we get some translation here? :p I'm guessing Dutch - looks similar to German and I can't quite grasp and am now very curious!

And it is sooooo not similar to German!
And we won't make a habit of spouting "foreign" on the site, just had to acknowledge our Dutchness.

salsa chip
10-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Oh boy, a friend once told me that Dutch was "German Ebonics." Good thing he was on another continent, cos I nearly punched his lights out!

dutchgirl
10-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Oh boy, a friend once told me that Dutch was "German Ebonics." Good thing he was on another continent, cos I nearly punched his lights out!

Too right!!!:boxing:

iriswhispers
10-20-2009, 12:48 PM
It looks fairly similar... enough that I thought it was about living somewhere... is wonen the verb for to live? In German it is wohnen (or leben, but in the context of where you live/location, wohnen). Anyway you are right, it's not similar enough for me to decipher much else! Where I am from there are a lot of Amish people who speak "Pennsylvania Dutch" which is not Dutch (comes from Deutsch mispronounced as Dutch) at all but actually a German dialect... but the cool thing is since I can speak German we can pretty much communicate.

I've been having trouble getting out of bed in the AM... even put my alarm where I have to physically walk across the room to turn it off. No dice... still keep hitting the snooze every 5 minutes and crawling back into bed. Ack!!!

EZMONEY
10-20-2009, 12:54 PM
is it klingon?

dutchgirl
10-20-2009, 01:10 PM
is it klingon?

No, Vulcan.

mtiger
10-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Man have I been busy for a few days. Haven't posted, or worked out. Tonight I went to a FOOD FEST event my sis puts on for March of Dimes. I had dinner first, so I held it down to 1 sliver of cake, 1 cookie and a few bites here or there. Hopefully I didn't do too bad. It's mid-cycle and I am trying to keep it down here. Tomorrow I hit the workout with a walk/jog day. 45 min. I think will do the trick.

iriswhispers
10-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Mindy, great job with the eating at your sister's event!

Tonight I was having an apple with some peanut butter as a snack - and somehow my spoon just kept going back into the peanut butter jar - and of course I had to clean it off each time... with my mouth... oh, shoot!

dutchgirl
10-21-2009, 12:18 AM
It's the spoon, Iris! It takes your arm hostage and uses it to force-feed you:fr:
Seriously, though, with that sort of stuff there is only one remedy: prepare a proper portion in the kitchen and put the makings back in the cupboard. I tend to do the same thing if I take a jar or container of whatever into the living room. Watch me a while later and the container is magically empty...

iriswhispers
10-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Very good point, Dutch! I always make the excuse with PB that it's so sticky, and I'll have to dirty TWO utensils (one to scrape it off the other) if I plate it for myself, but I think I'd rather wash another utensil than eat half a jar of PB!

mtiger
10-21-2009, 08:06 PM
One of my favorite snacks is Teddy grahams dunked in PB. I just get a spoon and dunk thme in that rich, creamy PB. Sometimes it is several spoonfuls. YUM!!!
Today was a cheat day. My friend brought pizza to work and my ex bought McDonalds for dinner. I had one double cheeseburger. I did walk/jog 3 miles. I did a whole 1.2 miles nonstop and a few .5 mile stints. Pretty good.

EZMONEY
10-21-2009, 08:36 PM
HEY TEAM ~

Well I was at 185 again this morning.....dang

I am starting to go back to the ways when I started this journey though...

I had some errands to run today and was in fast food country...so I thought...ya know what?...I haven't been fast food for a while....I'll pick up a burger and fries...then I remembered just 2 freakin' days ago I stopped at Taco Bell for lunch.

I had been hungry for their bean burritos...but I make them at home with their sauce...I stopped...got 2 and 3 small tacos...ate 1 burrito and 2 tacos...but had the other taco and burrito for breakfast the next day....dang....

Anyway I just came home, opened up a can of Progresso turkey noodle soup and made a turkey sandwich to go with it....

Really going to try and remember that cheese is a four letter word too...

Be good TEAM!

dutchgirl
10-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Had a busy day, work, chiropractor, big food shop (all healthy stuff, yay me!), put purchases away, cooked and am now collapsed onthe sofa, trying to get up the gumption to get up and crawl off to bed...
Goodnight everybody:tired:

EZMONEY
10-22-2009, 10:39 PM
HI TEAM ~

185 AGAIN this morning...

did 3 miles with the dogs...2 on the treadmill...

breakfast ~ 2 eggs/1 slice cheese/1 piece turkey bacon scrambled ~ 1 piece wheat toast

lunch ~ 1 turkey sandwich ~ 1 can of Campbell's condensed cream of celery soup

dinner ~ leftover turkey and gravy ~ mashed potatoes ~ corn ~ carrots/peas

(haven't eaten yet...Angie still at church teaching yoga)

beers ~ on #2....but there is a lot of time left in the game....

blondebritbrat17
10-22-2009, 11:29 PM
So I have been battling going back and forth between 198 and 201 this week. I have been extremely hungry this past week then not so hungry some days. So I may need to start adding more fruits and veggies as part of my snacks as well to help fill me up since I've been doing pretty good about having a decent breakfast and having my snacks. Anyways it's getting late and I need to start preparing for bed. Night!

iriswhispers
10-23-2009, 02:01 AM
Tonight I am proud to report that I measured out my PB onto my plate and put the jar away (and did NOT get it back out)! Thanks for the reminder to do things like that, Dutch!

dutchgirl
10-23-2009, 03:37 AM
YAY IRIS! :carrot:

No office today, but I have been dealing with a yucky cold for the last 1 1/2 weeks and that meant coming home from work and collapsing after a quick microwave meal (homemade from freezer, not storebought though)
So my house now looks like a bomb went off in it and needs a complete overhaul. So breakfast, cup of coffee and big clean.
Have I ever mentioned I hate housework?
Oh well, at least I will be burning some calories...

Have a terrific Friday, everybody!!!

EZMONEY
10-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Saving us from page 2 death...

Went out for dinner and didn't do the splits...Angie did...I ate all mine...

chicken piccata and mashed potatoes...tasted real good so I know it was high in calories....

stuck with one beer....

there....

walked off a few in Barnes & Noble...the rest of date night....

at least Angie bought a vegetarian cookbook...

need to hide it while Angie is at church bell practice tomorrow.

iriswhispers
10-24-2009, 12:48 AM
at least Angie bought a vegetarian cookbook...

need to hide it while Angie is at church bell practice tomorrow.

Naaaaah.... I used to be vegetarian and I still eat veg for a lot of my meals - there's tons of yummy veg food that involves lots of CHEESE - zucchini lasagna... mac and cheese... mmmmmm!

dutchgirl
10-24-2009, 05:02 AM
Oh, I'm afraid I am with Gary on this one! I like my veg, but to me dinner isn't dinner without some sort of meat or fish involved in it. I tried being a vegetarian once but it didn't take long to decide that it wasn't for me. not having meat for the rest of the day is perfectly ok, but to me dinner involves meat or fish.
Call me carnivore.

EZMONEY
10-24-2009, 09:59 AM
ALERT!!!

Please be advised gals...we are not turning vegetarian...no offense to those that are...we are just looking to go "less meat"....

One thing I did mention to Angie while we were looking at the books was..."Hey babe....I wouldn't call these low fat"....

cheese....macaroni and cheese...yum!

dutchgirl
10-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Which brings us full circle to where this thread started!

STEP AWAY!!!!

:lol3:

iriswhispers
10-24-2009, 04:38 PM
:lol:

mtiger
10-24-2009, 07:33 PM
I had a little sampling of cheese myself today. but it was "just a little". Hoping mid-cycle crap has passed. I was 179.2 again today. I am hoping to make some progress before TOM in a few weeks. Wish me luck.

No offense, but I could never be a veg either. I love a good cheesburger.

blondebritbrat17
10-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Haha.. no cheese.. hmm well my dinner was cheese fondue.. and it was YUMMY! I'm still holding steady going back and forth between 198 to 201. Most of this past week I'm hungry every couple of hours no matter what I try to where I'm afraid if I open my mouth to talk a growl will come out from my stomach instead.. and getting sick to my stomach if I don't eat. Not sure if I'm fighting off a stomach bug or what. I'm keeping my portions pretty small so I don't put back on what I just lost a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps my portions are just too small. I dunno I'll be trying a bit bigger the next couple of days to see.

Dutchgirl and EZMONEY- I'm with you I gotta have some meat at some point in the day.. Preferably dinner!

Mtiger- A good steak! Perhaps a hamburger if it was really good and juicy with lots of flavor.. :-)

My husband's birthday is tomorrow and he's been working and will be leaving again tomorrow morning at 3:30am and not returning until 7 or 8 o clock at night soo we're not really going to be able to celebrate it nor do we have the moola to do so like I wish we could. I gave him his card tonight a bit early. We do have something fun to look forward to finally. We got some free ice hockey tickets for this coming Friday night and they sound like good seats so we'll have a date night out. :-) It'll be my first hockey game ever. This is also the only sport that my husband really likes or can tolerate at least heh since his whole family is from Minnesota.. So hopefully we'll have some fun. Oh some good news.. since some of us are college students here and could relate to this, I got an A on my test that was worth 30 percent of my grade and I'm so happy! have a great night everyone!

dutchgirl
10-25-2009, 03:42 AM
Blond, way to go on the A! Hope you guys have fun on hubby's birthday and at the hockey game.
Hey everyone, happy Sunday!

EZMONEY
10-25-2009, 10:24 AM
HI TEAM ~ :)

Well I checked in AGAIN at 185...holding steady at 10 over par....dang :mad:

I have no one to blame 'cept Angie and she won't accept the blame for my poor choices...

whatever happened to the "two shall become one" thing about marriage?

I tried to be responsible yesterday with my eating and beer...did OK until...

Breakfast ~ nachos...don't even go there....

Lunch ~ can of soup....then chips (I will tell you I am about out of chips in the house and I won't buy any more...ever...)

he's a liar...you know that don't you?

Dinner ~ tri-tip and red potatoes with carrots/peas/onions....so good in the tequila marinade we use...

Game time ~ I was doing fine with the beer...until it got exciting...took down a few more than planned....still under my norm...

Going to see the Lion King today after church....Angie and I are meeting my daughter (without the kidnapper :carrot:) at a sports bar for lunch then we are walking over to the play...

I know I will have a big burger...and fries....and a couple of beers....

geeshhh...

this weight loss is hard stuff!

BE GOOD TO YOURSELVES! :hug:

dutchgirl
10-26-2009, 01:19 AM
Monday morning (yuck) and a very wet one (double yuck).
I don't feel like going to work even a little bit.
Just want to stay home and cuddle with the furry monsters and read a good book.
Ever have days like that?

jendiet
10-26-2009, 02:04 AM
lol....Gary...the day I decide to come back. you post something about a Jennifer ruining something. I don't think you were mentioning me...but it's just ironic. I am still here. Wheew! I am almost done with my 1st semester of nursing. I MIGHT still have a 4.0 when I get through. But it has been tough! Also I already know half of my class is not going to EVEN make it. That makes me sad. They have a second attempt though.

I have found 2 staples to get me through this want to give it up phase.

1. Food journal
2. fatty picture of me on the fridge (Boy did that stop a potential BINGE! i took one look, and put up the potato chips.)

So how have I been doing? I have not been doing the best with my diet. I have been doing even worse with my exercise. I decided I was demanding too much of myself. There is only so much I am going to force myself to do.

I am back up to 178 lbs, but it is not a total loss. I stopped the gaining cycle--that I failed to stop the last time I lost weight.

I bought this nifty watch--last thing until I lose 20 more lbs. It tells me h ow many steps I have taken a day. It tells me my target heart rate. when I am in it and when I am out of it. It tells me my resting heart rate.

I bought it, because my goal of 30 min 3 x week JUST WAS NOT WORKING. lack of discipline, too much time pinned to my desk studying, ( I will not let my grades slip for exercise), too many school demands. whatever...i HAVE two simple goals now. Which is better than just a free for all.

10,000 steps / day. And 1600 cs/ day. I'm sure as I start losing weight again, I will be more motivated to throw in extra steps--but right now. I'm doing what I can.

Gary--you CAN do it in moderation. Find your bearings. Where is your weight at now? How did you lose weight b4? keep a journal. write stuff down immediately. yeah, too much cheese, does all kinds of thing...kinks up the works--slows down digestion. Which could be making you hungrier. Too much beer..makes you hungrier and for more bread and beer.

For the moment: I am focusing on my inner health a little more--I have started a liver cleanse, and colon cleanse regimen. I have tried a few products, but I really like the orginal Cleanse Smart. This one does not cause cramping and frequent bm's. It helps you BM more, but no cramps. My nerves were also getting SHOT to pieces. I started taking liquid B-12 complex again..and I am a much more calm person.

I am so glad to see you all are right where I left you--:). And nobody has given up. (Gary put the beer and cheese down). I am going to read back to see what all has been going on. Good night for now!

mtiger
10-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Let me just say BLECK!! Is that a word??? I feel like I'm making no progress. I am still 179 or 180 everyday, it bounces back and forth. I really don't get this whole weight loss thing. When I think I'm doing everything right, nothing happens. When I least expect it, I drop a few.

Gotta say though, it wasn't too long ago I was hanging out with Gary in the 182-183 range. I'm not far from that number, but I am a little bit. Today was 180.2. Why???? Who the H*** knows.

EZMONEY
10-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Just hanging out watching House of Payne and waiting to start dinner. I'm on tonight since Angie goes right from school to another school to teach yoga to the teachers. Easy one....pasta with a new sauce we bought at the produce market and pulling out some Italian sausage from the freezer I cooked awhile back and salad.

We met my daughter at a sports bar for lunch yesterday after church. Amanda and I had an Aztec chicken sandwich and fries while Angie had a veggie burger. First time I have had the Aztec chicken (ortega chile, avocado and jack cheese), usually I have the Aztec burger...both good! We almost always eat there when we see a play in downtown San Diego since it is right across the quad from where the plays are....easy trip right down from church and it gives us time to visit.

We saw Lion King...way cool! I had never seen the movie before so I really didn't know the story....I guess my kids were a little older when it came out so I never saw it with them....Amanda said she saw it a lot at my sister's house with her cousins. Good to see her without the :p kidnapper :p

Weighed in at 185 afreakin'gen....is that a word MINDY? Guess is has all to do with my week-end diet and the fact that I am missing a lot of work... few lost calories sitting in my recliner napping...

I am adding miles to my daily walks with the dogs by jumping on the treadmill but that is about all the calorie burn effort I have done for a few days.

JEN ~Nah...that was Power Chick owner Jennifer that made me start a new thread...over 500 posts...:hug: Glad to see you back here but glad you are doing well in school!

DUTCHGIRL ~ I hope the rain lets up a bit and you feel better :hug:

MINDY ~ I think we all know it doesn't always make sense on this journey but we ALL know we just have to stay after it! You are still winning...:mad:...not really mad! :)

BRAT ~ I hope the birthday went well for DH! My ex-wife and family are from Minneeeeeesoooooota too ;)

Come on TEAM....we have 5 to loose...or more....;)

iriswhispers
10-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Monday morning (yuck) and a very wet one (double yuck).
I don't feel like going to work even a little bit.
Just want to stay home and cuddle with the furry monsters and read a good book.
Ever have days like that?

Sure have! Actually most days start out like that... then I drink half a pot or so of coffee and they improve significantly!! :coffee2: Luckily it doesn't rain much here in the desert but rainy days really make me want to stay in my cozy house.

Jen, I sure understand the stress of school! Looks like you are handling it well, though. Keep it up!

I didn't weigh myself this morning - back to the scale tomorrow, though. We'll see if I have anything good to report... here's hoping!

blondebritbrat17
10-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Jendiet-One thing at a time.. that's kind of how I'm trying to do it..I can only do so much in addition to running a household and working full time and doing school part time.

EZMONEY-Thanks! Hubby ended up coming home very early from what he had to do yesterday so we ended up having a pretty nice time.. Took him to town and he got to use up all his gift cards he had gotten in the mail plus a dinner half off since we had a great coupon.

Things are going ok. My stomach is still not great. So now of course all my co workers are bugging me to death if I'm pregnant or not since this has been about a week of my stomach just not feeling good. I guess that's what you get when you work with a bunch of women! :-D I'm going to bed early since my husband and I both woke up at 3:30am panicking that we had overslept since our clocks and electricity went out due to a big storm and we had no idea when our electricity was coming back on and I will be adding batteries to our grocery list this week to say the least since our alarm clocks shouldn't have gone out with the electricity so apparently it's time to replace the batteries lol.. Anyways After we figured out we still had two hours to sleep I couldn't go back to sleep go figure! So good night!

jendiet
10-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Blonde, I hope your tummy is feeling better. Mine was hurting earlier. Yeah women always inquire about pregnancy when you are of child bearing age.

Omg, it stinks to be stuck. No matter what I did the scale wouldn't go down, and I didn't have time to push it harder. So I slacked off and gained a few. The good thing is that my body is responding to the cut in calories.

I actually saw the dreaded 180.6 on 10-24. scales are great wake up calls....but thankfully I'm back to 177.6 today. it stinks I will have to fight the 176 thing again--it took 3 months? to get below that...
have any of you stuck tried food journaling?

iriswhispers
10-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Reporting in at 130.5 - still. So the bologna did not help me lose these last 5 lbs... do you think cheese will work??? :D

Blonde, are you feeling better today? Here's hoping! =)

Jen I have been food journaling/counting calories with thedailyplate. It's really helpful but I tend to eat more calories than I should a lot of days at the end of the day when I am around the house doing school work. But thanks to TDP I am AWARE of this, so I can work on changing it!

dutchgirl
10-28-2009, 01:19 AM
I have been food journalling off and on, on Sparkpeople. It comes down to: when I journal I lose, when I don't I stall or even gain again.
I haven't been journalling since my vacation...:(
must get back to it.

At the moment I don't so much lack motivation as I do energy, it is all I can do to drag my body out of bed and get through the day. I have a week vacation coming, not next week but the week after, and maybe I can use that to get the rest I need and regroup.

jendiet
10-28-2009, 03:55 PM
dutch--you need some energy! I take Liquid B vitamins. Pills just take too long or don't do it for me...i put it under my tongue--I can usually feel pep within 30 minutes.

well down another .6 lbs! yeah. I like the smooth losing. My body is going to figure it out and stall me though.

Iris??? I have to ask, what do you have to lose. Maybe you are smaller framed then I am...but I don't look healthy lower than 135 and I am 5'4" too.

The laziness meter (pedometer) is at 6,000 right now. I am doing really well on my calories...I do better when I have a protein breakfast. I stopped my love affair with oatmeal and cereal. I was gaining when I ate that for breakfast, eggs and turkey or chicken sausage keep me from being hungry and help me lose.

EZMONEY
10-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Checking in at 185 AGAIN!!!

but that is fine because yesterday it was 186...

I really have made some changes that I hope will show an improvement soon...

less beer each night...I swear!

more miles in my walks...

chips and cheese at a bare minimum....I swear...barely over the safety limit.

My EKG was fine at the doctor yesterday...and my blood pressure...

Didn't cry when they poked me for blood...

BE GOOD!

mtiger
10-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Losing weight sucks. Plain and simple. I am back over 180 again, with no rhyme nor reason. I feel I am really stuck here and it is frustrating. That is all I have to say.

EZMONEY
10-28-2009, 08:11 PM
WELL THAT DOES IT!!!

I think what we have here MINDY is a situation of malfunctioning scales...

I will start a petition for a recall...

iriswhispers
10-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Iris??? I have to ask, what do you have to lose. Maybe you are smaller framed then I am...but I don't look healthy lower than 135 and I am 5'4" too.

Just my last 5 lbs to get back to goal and my skinny jeans! I am actually leading a double life on this 5 lb promise thread and the maintainers one =) I do have a pretty small frame - and I was 125 a couple of years ago, so I promise I am not getting crazy with this!

iriswhispers
10-29-2009, 12:21 PM
We are dangerously close to being on page 2!

I'm glad that it is almost the weekend and I'm still trying to sort out Halloween plans. I believe there is a trunk or treat at my church (in conjunction with the "reformation BBQ," those dangerous three letters!) that I will likely attend. One of my classmates is having a party at his place, but it's pretty far away and I don't want to end up drinking and munching all night - it's been a long week and I'm seriously thinking I'll call it a night after the church event and catch up on my zzzz's!

dutchgirl
10-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Catching up on ZZZ's is definitely in my very near future as well. Jen, you're right, I need an energy boost. I'll look for a good B-complex ( I don't think I can get the liquid form here in this country), and I think I am going to dig out my lightbox for some light-therapy.
I do have a bit of a history of SAD, and though it hasn't bothered me the last couple of years, I think I am dealing with that as much as anything else right now.
See how that works for me. It usually does.
SAD also tends to give me massive carb cravings, so hopefully I can get that to ease up as well.
Have a good one, all!:)

jendiet
10-29-2009, 05:00 PM
oh yeah, Dutch. If it rains for more than a 2 days, I start feeling blah...so I know how seasonal affective disorder can mess with you. It is based on light levels affecting hormones in our brains. No light--less serotonin. More dark= more melatonin= more sleepy.

well, I am studying for another Pharm test. I feel kind of sleepy myself--might as well take a short nap.

salsa chip
10-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Well, today wasn't such a great one in terms of productivity, but at least now my house is tidy. I haven't eaten too much, but then I wonder if I've actually eaten enough today as I'm really tired.

Dutch - the early nights are threatening to get me down too, but I try to get out and about each day to take advantage of what little daylight there is....

EZMONEY
10-29-2009, 08:05 PM

Still no loss in the belly but I swear I am doing better...beer consumption way down and zero...I mean zero snacks of chips and absolutely zero nachos for breakfast.

I have a bit of :( SAD :( in me too....I didn't really know what it was but one day, years ago, one of the guys I still work with today said...after I was running them half to death said..."Man, the only time we can keep up with you is when you have that disease"...I'm..."What in the heck are you talking about"...he then explains it to me and says his mom had it...hummm...I think you are right...but on a small scale...

I just seem to perk up when the weather is warmer...not that it is that cold ever here...but it was in the 50's this morning and I was FROZEN on the walk with the mutts...still had shorts on but a t-shirt - long sleeve t-shirt and a sweatshirt too!...wuss...;)

Let's go build a fire gals....be good :hug:

jendiet
10-30-2009, 08:12 AM
lol...poor EZ...I love a good brisk walk in the chilly air. That must be the Polish New Yorker in me. Nothing like it. I love a good fire in the pit, warm cocoa in my hands and a COLD night as well.

lol...about the disease too EZ. You must be a meanie boss :P.

Iris--I thought you were smaller framed than me. I can't stand it that everyone thinks I am at a good weight, but I am OBESE according to the stupid BMI index. I have to believe the BMI THING is correct. I know I carry weight in curves...but, there is no fooling that scale.

and to aggravate me even more. The scale said 180 again this morning! I even took a 30 minute 55-65% HR walk yesterday. Plus I clocked 10, 930 steps on the pedometer. And burned 839 extra calories. (above BMR)

I did drink two smirnoff ICE'S last night though...maybe it's water weight. either way POO!

My poor ds came home from school GROANING. It seems his teeth are bothering him. We just did some extractions, but he has one coming in the back..and his sinuses were bothering him. He was running a very low grade fever. So we all did the garlic and coconut oil. I gave him some dosed Nyquil. And he rested. NO fever or aches this morning.

Dutch and Salsa I hope you two are faring ok. I have no idea what my body would do in response of that lack of daylight--so I feel for ya!

mtiger
10-30-2009, 08:36 PM
My scale can go to , well you know where. It looks like I will post a gain for the month of October. What gives??? I am back over 180. Why??? I am going to try what worked in July. 45 min. workouts and eating out once a week.

We'll see.

iriswhispers
10-30-2009, 09:00 PM
jen - BMI is actually a really poor measure for people who have larger bone structures or are really athletic - we were just talking about this in one of my classes this week. I have a prof. who works with American Indian populations on diabetes and obesity issues, and she said they much prefer to use a waist to hip ratio over BMI.

also... glad to hear your DS is feeling better this morning! I'm feeling a little uneasy in my throat on and off but I think it's largely due to lack of sleep recently.

EZ, I have been freezing here the 50s and 60s these past few days. I sure got soft quick - 24 years in Pennsylvania and after ONE measly year in Arizona I can't take the cold anymore! :p

Mindy, I keep attempting to fire my scale but as it turns out the replacement for the job (the pants-o-meter) is showing about the same reading... grr! Better luck in November!

bargoo
10-30-2009, 09:08 PM
[quote=salsa chip;2974539]These are some of the most bizarre threads on the entire forum :D[/quote
Evidently you haven't met threadkiller, if you think this is bizarre,and I am a regular poster there.

jendiet
10-30-2009, 11:09 PM
ohhh. well then Iris..I have ALMOST the perfect sexy .8 waist to hip ratio. Maybe that is why people think I look good??? either way, I WANT to get down to my ideal weight. I have to stay toned though. I don't want to l look like a bag of wrinkled skin.

Well, Ds is way better. His dance production was so awesome. I love dance myself. So it really tickles me to see him enjoying himself doing it. It was God! Because I don't have money for dance school, but ds's teacher is an awesome Christian Choreographer and director. And he puts together the most awesome productions!

EZ I am so proud of you, you can do it. I know I asked you b4. Do you want to try food journaling? Also how tall are you? You look pretty good in your pic. It may JUST BE the beer contributing to the gut--sorry to say it.

Tiger, as much as I hate the objectiveness of my scale--I know it is telling me the truth--like Iris--if you don't listen to the scale, the pants-meter will tell you the same thing. I feel stuck too.

I went for another 30 minute brisk walk with ds. I had to get over the GUILT of having all this other stuff to use--and feeling overwhelmed about using them...and JUST GO FOR A WALK! i LOVE this weather.

jendiet
10-31-2009, 03:32 PM
wow! it's dead at 3FC. After taking in over 2000 cs yesterday, I am down from 180.6 to 178.6. go figure. Alright, I'll take it. Back to 1600 today though.

I ate a good lunch. I am leaving some space for a *little* candy. And then will have a good dinner.

EZMONEY
10-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi TEAM ~

Another morning at 185....dang....

Angie and I went to Islands last night. I thought about the mushroom/swiss burger that I like with fries but got the Island tacos...a little better in calories. No leftovers!

Kept my beer in-take good for me for the 4th day in a row...yipee...Budweiser stock down...more at 11....

I had one Coors light and 2 Budweiser 55's...1/2 the calories..or more...1/2 the alcohol and 1/2 the taste...wink....before we went to dinner and 1 Coors light there....that was all...the equivalent of 3 beers..good for me.

Having trunk or treat at church tonight...not a problem for me on that one...I swear I don't have 2 pieces of candy in an entire year most of the time. Can't remember the last time I had a candy bar. Every few years I get hungry for an almond joy...the last time I mentioned it Angie bought me a small package of the mini candy bars...I had 1...they sat in the cupboard for months until we threw them out...chips last about 2 minutes in there...

Great job on the loss JEN...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

EZMONEY
10-31-2009, 05:19 PM
After eating fairly well all week and not losing any weight...I was over taken by...

:bat::sklol: zombies :dracula::frank:

they forced nachos down me for lunch....

it wasn't my fault....:haphal:

EveLHaelf
10-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Iris, I'm from pennsylvania too! How exciting!

Hope everyone has a :dracula::haphal::dracula:

EZMONEY
10-31-2009, 06:11 PM
HA! My knucklehead nephew...NAVY....Norfolk VA...just called me to say he got to PA. safe and sound...spending the week-end at a fellow classmate's parents house...

blondebritbrat17
10-31-2009, 06:16 PM
Hello everyone! I'm sorry that I've been absent and have been doing badly in responding and posting back.. Looks like there's been a lot going on with everyone. :-)

As for the well wishes in regards to my stomach I appreciate them and yes my stomach seems to be on the mend. I have no idea if I was just stressed out or what. I haven't really jumped on the scale this week. I did go to the doctor this past Monday to be sure about an issue I was having and to ask some questions basically and the nurse did comment on my weight loss since July and said to keep it up. So that was nice.

Everywhere I go it's halloween halloween this year it seems.. I've got a party I'll be going to as well tonight. Hubby and I are going to eat before so we don't get in trouble snacking. Have a Happy and safe halloween everyone!

jendiet
11-01-2009, 12:55 PM
ok, so I didn't pig out on candy, but went a teeny weeny bit overboard on calories....I had a drink and a taco--carry me a little further than I wanted.

EZ, I love candy. I wish I wasn't addicted. Must be nice. I would be soooo skinny if it wasn't for my dang sweet tooth.

blonde, I didn't know your tummy was bothering, I am glad you are feeling better. Hope everyone had a good night.

Have a HUGEO test in the morning. Have to study. But went for a 30 min walk again this morning. I did a few 1/2 pull ups and leg lifts (abs) on my pull up bar--and I am pretty sore.

today was 178.4. LOL. my pedometer said I burned 752 extra calories. I took in about maintenance. .2 lb loss from yesterday =700 cs.

mtiger
11-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Glad Halloween is over. It is one of those holidays I am not really interested in. Had one cookie at our class party. Wish I could avoid sweets, but I've got that sweet tooth action happening. Hey, one cookie isn't bad.

I am upping workouts to 45 min., most days anyhow. I am allowing myself one cheat meal a week also. This planseemed to work in July. Maybe it will work in Nov. I gained .4 in Oct. WTH??? If someone would just tell me what to do, I'd follow along like a dog after a bone. Trying to figure this out myself is killing me.

EZMONEY
11-01-2009, 08:16 PM
HI TEAM ~

I refuse to talk about my weight...4 letter words come to mind...

my fault...

posted some pictures in General Chatter of Halloween...Trophy Wench

I really need to figure this stuff out...seems like one "cheat" is all it takes...

dang!

dutchgirl
11-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Got myself back on track yesterday food-wise and promptly had a 2 lb - GAIN!
Probably due to water retention, I know, but it did raise a bit of a sigh...
Oh well, onwards and downwards

iriswhispers
11-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Eve, what part of PA are you from? I am from Lancaster - "Amish Country."

Gary, isn't it sad that things like "B-E-E-R" are four-letter words? Wine, too!

Dutch, you are right - just stay on track and I'm sure you'll be moving downwards soon!

mrsaugie
11-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi everyone just thought i would say i am still among the living and that things are going really good. i have only gained 5 lbs so far and am shooting for 15 total. The exercising still needs work which seems to be a common theme for me right now. any way i hope everyone has a good day and good luck.

jendiet
11-02-2009, 06:07 PM
The scale is actually cooperating some with me. 177.2 today.

I am DOING MY BEST considering I am very stressed out with all the tests and preparations for finals! I still have A s in both classes, so it's not like I am in any danger. but, I have an OCD. Well, I got 3 big tests next week. I have clinicals WEdnesday.

Tiger--one cookie is not bad. I ate 21 pcs of mini muskateers--450 cs! That's bad.

Dutch--i think it is just your body readjusting good job being back on plan!

Well, I will eat somthing better--and something I like tonight. EZ I wonder if you are at the perfect weight for your body??? Are you?

Iris--that is interesting--are there alot of dutch still living in that area. Also I am doing genealogy research on a family from Lancaster. They are driving me up the wall (brick wall).

Stress eating is ALWAYS my main problem. I already ate 450 calories in choclate today! But I had a meager breakfast and a snack for lunch--then came home and ate somthing not tasty--so I pulled out the dark chocolate mint muskateers to compensate.

Bad Jennifer!

Still I can make my 1600 and still eat dinner....not TOOO bad.

dutchgirl
11-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Ate on plan yesterday, which is good. Forgot to weigh myself this morning, silly girl that I am. I am being good on the fluids intake and I am logging everything. now I need to keep this up, and start thinking about a plan for exercise.

Jen, you are going to do great on the exams. Step away from the chocolate, girl!

MrsAugie, glad to see you're doing ok.

Have a good one, everybody!!

bobblefrog
11-03-2009, 01:05 AM
H'OLA ALL!!!!!!!! I soooooo missed being here and thought of everyone often. I have so much catching up to do! Hugs all...

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Truth be known I completely fell off the wagon and I think I've gained every one of those 18 lbs back (haven't weighed but all the new clothes I bought are in the back of the closet) and day after day of weeks of telling myself I have to get started again, and ending each day diving into panetone bread and whip cream...well, I finally think I'm ready to try again.

I know I was bad - I didn't even lurk here, because I felt so stupid. But can I come back????!!!!!! :?: PUH-LEEZZZZ

Our trip back east was quite stressful. As you know our kitty, Salem, was sick. She seemed to enjoy the trip actually - loved the rest stops and being outside in our yard and sat alot in the window sill by our bed, but it was difficult watching her continue to decline despite trying everything we could. She survived and made the trip back with us and then passed on about a week later. Fortunately with all of us (Rick, Freyja and I) were with her and she passed fairly quietly. Certainly without pain. It was -as I know some of you can guess- a bit devastating. It was so lonely without her that after five weeks we agreed to foster a kitten. It seemed too early but the new one, also black, won our hearts and it's like a light has returned to our house. It's almost as if Salem's spirit is in her. Little Shillelagh (pronounced Shil-lay-lee) is all kitten (read: "kitten thinks of murder all day long") but we detect a sweet disposition underlying her shenanigans. She and Freyja are inseparable - most of the time she is playing lion tamer sticking her head as far down the dog's mouth as possible. Talk about giving me gray hairs!!!! Guaranteed to make my whole head white.

The stupid heel thing - bone spur - whatever - got much worse before it got better - but I have been having good luck with homeopathy. It was just my - I don't know - attitude that I lost and couldn't turn back on. Lots of anxiety attacks the last months. Lot of fear. Lot of not being able to breathe. Blah blah blah! I could make lots of excuses....

But enough of that - how is everyone???!!!!

dutchgirl
11-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Bobble!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:
Good to see you back here girl, we missed you.
So sorry to hear about Salem, but good that you could all be there at the end.
Your new little one sounds adorable.
You're not the only one that fell off the wagon, since my vacation in September I have not been able/willing or whatever to get myself back on track. I did at least keep coming here, which helped to keep weightloss in mind, but it took until this last weekend to get my ample behind back into gear.
So stick around!

EZMONEY
11-03-2009, 10:20 PM
HI TEAM ~

Man have I been dropping the ball here!

I just keep gaining...I am up to 187 for 3 days straight...I haven't been there in a very long time...dang!

I swear I haven't been eating all that bad...but I finally figured it out...

I haven't been working that much lately...but I have added extra miles to my walks...just not enough. I must really burn a lot more calories in a day doing drywall than recliner sitting ;)

Angie and I are really thinking...she does the thinking...about becoming more "vegetarian" and way less meat....

I made a vegetarian chili today....still have a lot of meat in the freezer to get rid of...I am eating it.

Not a major change but going to really try and leave the chips in the store...cheese to a minimum....more veggie dinners and less meat.

I can do this...we have many meatless days anyway.

Really really need to swing this weight in the right direction...

BOBBLEFROG ~ So glad to have you back here...sorry for your kitty.

DUTCHGIRL ~ We can do this...we can.

JEN ~ Keep those grades up and that weight down!

MINDY ~Maybe you should totally switch up your exercise routine for a few weeks...try something new?

MRSAUGIE ~ Baby weight is great weight!

IRIS ~ I hope your trip to Minnesota is fun!

BRAT ~ I hope you had a great Halloween!

Have a great evening TEAM!

dutchgirl
11-04-2009, 12:22 AM
On plan again yesterday, so far so good. The scale is starting to creep down veeeery slowly, but I am not counting at the moment, as I am merely regaining lost ground for now.
And EZ and all you others:

YES WE CAN!!!

Have a great day everyone!

dutchgirl
11-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Hey, where is everybody?
Stayed on plan yesterday. Didn't have much of a choice for the morning: I had a filling replaced in a molar, and my dentist doesn't kid around when he uses anesthetics: my left lower jaw was numb right up to and including my ear andthat lasted till about 2 pm. makes for awkward eating and drinking.

bobblefrog
11-05-2009, 02:16 AM
Dutchgirl - oh the drooling!!!!!! I had a cracked tooth filled (or something) while in Asheville and I was afraid to eat for biting the inside of mouth. Fortunately (or unfortunately - depends on the perspective) I was back at the feed trough by late evening. Sigh. It was like a month being on vacation...mom's cooking, too much wine, sweets! I can't blame her though as I fell off the wagon a couple of weeks before we left.

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME BACK! I've started trying to catch up on everyone's doings. Tonight I had so much fun reading where you all went off on that cheese tangent. Don't even get me started.

EZ - I am completely empathetic! But you'll get back on the wagon. If I can come groveling back you can set your mind and just do it!

This time I am not counting calories though - it took so much time and with my business turning the corner where its now sell, sell, sell - I can't take so much time. It did take A LOT of time to count, even with the online software and figure things up as Rick loves to cook. Instead I am going to try the Biggest Loser portion thing...you know where you have like 1 bread, 1 fruit and 1/2 protein for breakfast and so on? There are 2 snacks, an additional 200 calories for "fats" and such each day and the portion sizes are easy to remember.

So, it may not be a complex plan...but its a plan...!

EZMONEY
11-05-2009, 09:49 AM
HI TEAM ~

I am down .5 this morning...not much but after being stuck in the 187's for 5 days straight I'll take it!

Angie and I are working towards the plan for eating way less meat than we have been, Angie may be eating way less meat than me, so we are looking at recipes where I can add it to my portions without a lot of trouble.

DUTCH ~ Sorry about that tooth thing :hug: I am not sure if I mentioned it here but I am going to lose a molar on the top "one day"...it is loose and my dentiest says the crown on it is fine...just not enough of the tooth to save...oh well, it has had a crown on it for close to 20 years.

BOBBLEFROG ~ Good luck on the BL plan, sounds like a good one...love the show...Glad work is going well for you (?) good to have you back.

HELLO EVERYONE :)

blondebritbrat17
11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm here I'm alive..Barely.. It's been a long day and a long week. It's sort of been one thing after another lately it seems. Today I was over an hour late to work due to a blow out while driving. Fortunately I have some time built up at work so I am able to use that and not have to worry about staying late to make it up. So over several hundred dollars later my car is back to normal.. but of course not before other things were discovered on my car that also needed fixing. YAY.. I have no idea what I weigh. That's kind of gone out the window in the past ten days. We have walked the dogs twice this week though now that we have no rain here. But the rain is supposed to be back on Monday for sure boo...So looks like shopping for rain boots and a rain coat is back in my future. Have a great night everyone!

EZMONEY
11-07-2009, 01:35 PM
HI TEAM ~

Well I weighed in this morning at 185 ....yipeee! The lowest I have been this month...sad.

Went for Italian last night, split a salad with Angie and split my meal in half for lunch or dinner today. It is penne alla vodka...to die for! I could easily eat it all in one setting because it is amazing at this restaurant...freakin' amazing! But I am sure very high in calories.

I did get 4 miles in and have had 5 miles a day, or close to it, all week. problem is I am not working much so I lose those work calories.

I could do a little more around the house I 'spose...always something to do. I am getting pretty good at the laundry, vacuuming, mopping and kitchen and bathrooms....but I don't think I burn to many calories as I stop and watch TV or listen to my i-pod as I work....plus with just Angie and I here it doesn't need heavy cleaning every day....the gardener has the yard covered...I could clean my garage but I don't wanna!!!

I made a vegetarian chili the other day and tossed it in the freezer...we will probably take that out this week-end. A good chance I will have some turkey and mashed potatoes this week-end too as the church bazaar and turkey lunch is today. Angie is there now and will call me if she needs help. we usually have lunch there or bring a plate home for dinner or both...nothing wrong with a little pre-Thanksgiving dinner as far as I am concerned!

be good team....

blondebritbrat17
11-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Bobblefrog-Glad to see you back!

Dutch-Is your tooth better?

Jen- Wow sounds like fabulous grades! WTG

Mrsaugie-I don't know how far along you are now but sounds like you're doing good!

Mindy-keep going!

EZMONEY- How is your sister?

I'm relatively pleased right now. Aunt Flo has come to visit at my house and I'm super bloated and have been for some time now but still am not over 200 which is very surprising to me. So I'm wondering what I really weigh so it'll be interesting to see if I have a whoosh or not. As for my queasy stomach.. it seems to be on the mend finally after about three weeks and no I am not going to be expecting a house guest in the next 9 months either. We're just chalking up all of my symptoms I've had these past three weeks to my body just not liking being yanked off of birth control after over 5 years on it. But I was getting a bit concerned there for a bit. :-D I just realized this morning I have three more Saturday classes to go until this semester is over and I only have two weeks until my big research paper is due yikes and I haven't even started on it much less kept up with the weekly work we are to do. I've also signed up for more college classes for spring and I think I have also convinced my husband to go back to school for fall thank the lord or seriously consider it at least! He's been having problems with one of his hands lately and he's a mechanic and needless to say he has to have functioning hands to do his job and make money.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!!

EZMONEY
11-07-2009, 03:50 PM
BRAT ~ My sister is doing OK...about as good as she can be I guess. She has her 2nd bout of chemo on Monday. Her spirits are up and down as can be expected...thank you for asking.

Sorry to hear your tummy is still giving you issues...I remember those days well with my daughter and her ibs (much better now without tennis and school pressures). Bummer no kiddo...well for Uncle Gary...wink!

Prayers for you and your DH as you grow in school/jobs and uncertain futures...you will be ok....you will!

blondebritbrat17
11-07-2009, 04:25 PM
EZMONEY- No you will not be an uncle yet any time soon. :-) But when the time comes the little one will be honored to have you as an "uncle" I'm sure... :-D Did your sister ever figure out what the doctor meant with what stage she actually was? I sure hope it was the lesser stage. I know we'll be fine but thank you so much for the encouragement as always. Have a great day!

dutchgirl
11-08-2009, 03:01 AM
Just a quick hi, the BF is here for the weekend:D
scale is crawling down. Well,at least it is going in the right direction, even if it is veeeeery slowly.
Gary, the tooth was no big deal in the first place, just a chip that came off and the filling needed replacing. Your sister remains in my prayers.
Everybody, have a great day!

bobblefrog
11-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Morning Team!

My modem went out Friday morning so my sweetie and I are splurging this morning at Starbucks so I can get online (Qwest is our DSL provider, and bless their toes they now offer free wifi access at Starbucks, Barnes and Noble and McDonalds). I was good and stuck to the low-fat turkey hi-grain english muffin sandwich...but I did go for a latte and half a coffee cake. YUM! I still haven't dared to get on the scale. And I'm not sticking to my plan - I tend to unravel when it gets stressful. And baby and I do like our wine. Sigh. But I am at least back on the wagon in terms of "knowing" I have to do this. And I'm not pretending I don't need to be working on it. Step One, eh? Taking responsibility...

EZ - I am so very sorry to hear about your sister - I haven't had a chance to read backwards too far ont he thread, but I know how scary cancer is and you and she are in my thoughts and I'll be rooting for her and your family over here in Denver.

BRAT - Hey girl! As usual you sound like you keep your cup filled to the brim. How do you manage it????? So you are hoping for a house guest?

DUTCH - How's the tooth going? Fully recovered?

MRSAUGIE - HOW ARE YOU???!!!!!

blondebritbrat17
11-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Good afternoon TEAM! Hubby and I got up and went to church today for the first time in a long time now that hubby is no longer working weekends for now. When we got there it turned out to be a lesson about marriage and sticking it out despite hardships like money issues, etc and to not go running to divorce court at the slightest bump in the road. I didn't know it but it kind of was something I needed to hear since we've had more stress on us lately due to finances the economy etc and medical bills that are still coming in and have been frustrated not at each other but just at the situation and trying hard to work together. Anyways, Hubby and I just got back from a lovely lunch at our local italian restaurant. We really shouldn't have gone but we do need a break and some enjoyment and just get out of the house. We had some Yummy calamari and yummy chicken alfreo fettuicine.. I was good and only ate not even half of my entree and it will be dinner later on today. If it doesn't rain we will probably take the dogs for a walk later today. We got a new kind of leash for the big pup and it is a leash that is a "gentle leader" (that's what the paperwork calls it lol) and it goes on his face and muzzle but isn't one of those choke collars or leashes and it is for training purposes. Hubby tried it last night on him for the first time and needless to say by the end of 15 minutes he still wasn't happy but had stopped fighting so much and was yielding somewhat to commands. At first he sort of looked like a bucking baby bronco at the rodeo lol. So we'll see it's just going to take some time I guess. The rain clouds are back today but no rain yet so far tomorrow is when we have the real chance for rain to start again boo. I've been really enjoying the sunshine this past week. Hopefully the rain won't stick around like what it did for most of the month of October.

Bobble-I manage it one day at a time now haha.. And no we are not hoping for a house guest just yet. Maybe in about a year or two. Just had a bit of a scare since I've been a bit sick and feeling pretty yucky for close to a month now due to birth control changes and going off other medications that I am no longer taking which is a very good thing but I just had not realized how my body had gotten so used to them is all. Anyhoo, Really glad you are back! :-D

Dutch-enjoy the boyfriend's visit!

EZMONEY
11-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Hey DUTCH glad the tooth issue was easy! Have a good time with BF...not too good...there is work to be done here....wink

BOBBLEFROG we are so happy to have you back! That goodness for the Starbuck benefits! Angie is teaching a yoga class tonight at the studio in town and teaches at our church every week now on Thursdays. My sister will have her 2nd chemo treatment tomorrow for breast cancer...she had a double mastectomy a few weeks back.

BRAT to be honest I don't even remember her stage now...there was so much confusion. She will have her 2nd chemo treatment tomorrow and the doctors want to start the radiation real soon instead of waiting. She had cancer in 6 lymph nods I believe. So glad you made it to church and the topic seemed to fit your situation. I think you would like our new vicar, he is in his early 30's, married with a wife that has a nose stud and tattoos and his arms are covered with tats too! He is very cool...Angie and I go to his Sunday school class instead of Pastor's...we can see him anytime...vicar is just for one year...wink

MINDY ~ MRSAUGIE ~ IRIS ~ JEN ~ SUPER J ~ EVERYONE!...HELLO!

mtiger
11-08-2009, 07:41 PM
I am here. I am just struggling through some very personal issues right now. It has hit me like a ton of bricks and I don't how to handle things. I can't really speak of it at this time and don't know when I will be ready. I need all the thoughts and prayers I can get.

EZMONEY
11-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I am so sorry to hear that MINDY...my prayers and hugs always!

blondebritbrat17
11-08-2009, 11:17 PM
HUGS MINDY!!

EZMONEY-I'm not sure whether to believe you or not.. LOL in regards to your vicar. 6 lymph nodes don't sound so bad but what do I know... My mom had 14 positive for cancer when she was diagnosed which is a very high amount that much I do know :-D.

EZMONEY
11-09-2009, 01:08 AM
BRAT EVERYTHING I said about my Vicar is true! My sister had only 9 lymph nods evidently...from what we have learned that is unusual...6 had cancer. Cancer is unpredictable as we both know!

G' Nite...

dutchgirl
11-09-2009, 03:02 AM
Mindy, :hug::hug::hug: and prayers, girl!

dutchgirl
11-09-2009, 06:15 PM
bump

EZMONEY
11-09-2009, 06:34 PM
HI TEAM ~

185.6 this morning...inching down I hope. Did pretty well yesterday on the eating...beer was in semi-control...

Short day got 4 miles in this morning with the mutts...happy campers.

Thanks for the bump DUTCH.. Boyfriend still hanging around for free food?

BRAT...I forgot to mention we have one of those gentle leashes for one of my goldens...she loves to pull...it really helps her but she hates it! She will wipe her face in the grass or when we go to Starbucks, we sit outside in low chairs...she puts her head into my lap and manages to get it off...we don't know how...but it's funny. We have a choke collar too...we usually take the gentle leash off when we are not walking her and put the choke on while we visit or have our coffee.

MINDY I hope things are better.

IRIS...everything ok? You are home right? I received a real nice letter from the university today on the BTE thing.

I hope everyone is doing ok as they make this journey through life....be good to yourselves!

blondebritbrat17
11-09-2009, 08:15 PM
EZMONEY-Yes the pup has only been on the gentle leader leash twice and his behavior is much improved. He even sat multiple times for me at my command while at the vet even with dogs and new people walking in and out the whole time we were waiting. I guess he just needed a reminder of who is boss. I didn't even have him on the gentle leader muzzle leash this time either at the vet today. I was so happy.

MINDY-Still thinking about you!

Today wasn't the best day. I had to give some unpleasant news to a co-worker and there may or may not be drama coming which I feel badly about but going into someone else's email to me is unacceptable and then talking about it behind the person's back is just downright unprofessional. The co-worker was quite upset when I told her that her email had been read by others. I've held my tongue on a lot of things and just gone along with a lot of things in order to keep the peace and not be on the chopping block myself either and hoped for the best in certain situations but this was just way over the line. So I'm a bit stressed today to say the least. I went into Walgreens after leaving the dog at the vet overnight for surgery and I need some face sunscreen and I was also going to get a hershey chocolate bar since I'm so stressed but I left without getting anything which I'm proud of me for. The chocolate bar is not going to make things go away or make me feel better for more than 5 minutes tops. Anyways have a good night.

mtiger
11-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I sure need them. This is going to be a long, bumpy road. I sure need someone stronger than me at the wheel.

Hey, the trauma diet works pretty good though. 5 pounds in about 5 days. Not the best way to go about it though.

EZMONEY
11-09-2009, 08:37 PM
MINDY we are here to help you "drive" for a bit if needed. We are praying for you here as we said if you want more prayers just go on over to Faith Based and you will find us under Prayer Warriors and Christian Encouragers.

Speaking of which I posted the link to a video of our new community center in Christian Encouragers if anyone here is interested.

BRAT That is just not right! You did the right thing...sorry for the stress it has put on you...hugs and prayers.

blondebritbrat17
11-09-2009, 10:29 PM
EZMONEY- Thanks I know I did the right thing today but I'm still stressed since unfortunately it seems people still have consequences like perhaps being treated differently by others after they step forward and do the right thing which is the not so popular thing. I'm just worried that it's going to affect some of my relationships with other co workers that I'm friendly with at least and do work with quite a bit and that I'm going to deal with hostility. Not to mention the pup is going to cost us a good $700 dollars tomorrow and that's not even including vaccines and follow up visits on the procedures he's having done tomorrow. Then on top of that my husband came home and let me know that his employer let someone else go today and that he had no work available to him today. Anyways, I went and checked out your video and your church looks very nice! That prayer thread sure looks nice and encouraging too. I'm going to go back and read over it more carefully now. I'm also considering maybe trying to find some daily motivational reading to do to just remind me on how I want to go through my life on a daily basis. Another co worker of mine apparently sits in her car every morning before going inside the building and reads the bible or religious books etc to start her day on the right foot. I think that is a fab idea and right now I think I could really use some prayer myself... So thank you so much for posting that link and I will be going over there now as well to that area of 3FC. :-)

EZMONEY
11-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Well thanks so much BRAT....I try to post a daily devotion every morning. The ones I post are current...dealing with what is going on in the world today. Our Devotion Thread ~ Prayer Warriors Thread and Christian Encouragers thread are for EVERYONE!!

We will be blessed with your presence!

bobblefrog
11-10-2009, 01:25 AM
Okay, I feel like there is so much I want to comment on - especially offering hugs to Mindy. But I am just finally am back online after making a trip downtown tonight to pick up the modem from the UPS Customer Service Center. What a long pain-in-the-hello day trying to get it :-) So really just sort of trying to get reoriented and grounded tonight. Mostly want to let everyone know I'm reading and thinking of you all and that you have my support even if it's a little quiet and "virtual". But I know prayers never go amiss!

mtiger
11-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Heaven knows I need God's help these days. I grew up going to church and stuff. Not so much as an adult. I know God is not spiteful in any way, but maybe I should have been more on the ball with faith. Maybe I wouldn't be dealing with what I am now, maybe I still would be. Don't know what to pray for, just HELP ME!!! Help us!!!

I saw 177 today, that's a new low. Not much choice when you eat like a bird. I know I can't keep this up. But when you feel like throwing up all day, you tend to not eat much.

EZMONEY
11-10-2009, 08:46 PM
MINDY From what you have said you acknowledge your faith needs growth. You do not need to know what to pray for! HE knows...He knows everything about you now...your past...your future. Pray for His will to be done, through Christ...our Savior...that's all you need to pray for. He can take the worst things that happen to us and use them for our good...He tells us that in His Word. You are right...He is not spiteful...but He dose allow things to happen. Through Him there is HOPE...there really is...as hard as things may seem now...

BOBBLEFROG ~ Hey there!

blondebritbrat17
11-11-2009, 12:12 AM
MTIGER- I just wanted to say I feel the same way.. Not been on the ball about being faithful as an adult myself..

Bobblefrog-Thanks for the sentiments..

I stayed home from work today since I woke up feeling extremely yucky and like I had not slept a wink and pretty uncomfortable with my stomach again to where I wanted to vomit so badly. I'm starting to think I need to go to the doctor and see if I don't have some long lasting stomach bug or infection. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I still feel bad but not as bad as what it was. I have started considering casually looking for another job and taking my time in order to find the right fit and a better paying one. So that's what I did today aside from resting I gathered references and updated some contacts and got correct numbers and etc. I'm still mulling over it. I guess God will show me what's right for me. I did email my co worker that I've seen reading the bible in the mornings and asked her for some suggestions on possible readings that would help me feel uplifted and motivated. She finally replied and it looks like we are going to start reading the same things together and then discussing it together. So I'm feeling better today some emotionally and mentally and spiritually. Have a great night!

EZMONEY
11-11-2009, 08:47 PM
I am getting ready to eat my last meal before surgery...should be able to take down a pound tomorrow!

No coffee in the morning is gonna hurt! At least they called today that there was a cancellation so I am first up...7:15! Hope the doc is sober by then!!

Prayers for all ~ Mindy...things will be better....Brat I am really worried about all those tummy issues kiddo!

I may be out a few days with this operation and then again I may be fine to sit and "chat"...we shall see...

keep us off page 2!...HUGS!

mtiger
11-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Gary- It sure is a good thing that he knows what's on my mind, because I am at a loss what to ask for except HELP!!! I'm screaming out, searching, begging, looking for peace, understanding and comfort. I know it will take time and patience and a ton of unconditional love.

Keep praying for me and my family.

EZMONEY
11-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Will do MINDY...and remember those words...

Rest in the Lord...it isn't easy I know...boy do I know...but sometimes THAT is all we can TRY to do....rest...and allow things to work out trusting that someday we will see His presence in it.

Prayers continue for your family.

blondebritbrat17
11-12-2009, 12:18 AM
EZMONEY- Please don't worry about me. I'm pretty sure it's just stress since this morning I woke up in a pretty good panic thinking that my husband had gone off to join the military like he's mentioned this week and that was why he wasn't in bed and then the second thought in my head was money go figure. I'm going to start taking my Prilosec again and doing some of my relaxation exercise videos again as well to relieve some stress. If I'm not better in a couple of days after doing all of this I'll go to the doctor. I'm thinking and praying of you for your procedure!

MINDY- I'm still thinking of you as well!

dutchgirl
11-12-2009, 02:37 AM
Prayers and hugs for all of you!
Thinking of you guys.

jendiet
11-13-2009, 12:36 AM
oh rats, I Think the computer ate my post. STupid thing. I actually posted yesterday, but I don't see it???

I've been sick with strep. Son had it and I didn't know. I penlighted his tonsils and saw nothing, but they were big...3 days later baam....pussy mucus on my tonsils and they felt like **** had moved in. After 2 days on my regular viral regimen---I came to grips the bug was bacterial. strep test positive. My son got tested a day later when the lightbulb came on in my head. Bingo he was positive--a carrier--he's the only one I ever caught strep from that gave me symptoms. I've been a carrier too.

I think I lost my A in one class. Don't really know. It will be a miracle if I come out with one. This has been such a trying class! I know so many people will fail--I need to keep my complaining and self disappointment to a minimum.

Gary, a surgery??? I missed that. Ladies, I pray for your situations while I read them. I pray for strength and direction!

blondebritbrat17
11-14-2009, 02:26 PM
I've been having a hard time getting online to post. I don't know if it's my internet connection or if the site has just been down. Anyways.. I woke up sick this morning with my throat so I have no idea what it is yet. I'm taking airborne and some other stuff to try to ward off whatever this is. This week has been very trying and stressful. I've eaten lots of chocolate to say the least or it's a lot to me since I've pretty much given it up usually. I've been to the vet five times this week since the dog keeps ripping out his stitches and then ripped out the staples and we are on our second set of staples as well as internal sutures. So I've not done any homework and I have a research paper due next Saturday I've not started on since every afternoon after work I had planned on going to the library but no I've been going to the vet. I was also unable to go to class this morning since my husband is out of town and I have to stay home and watch the dog since hes still so energetic despite me giving him all the benadryl and xanax that I'm allowed and the teacher I have has a very strict attendance policy so I just hope my one absence doesn't affect my grade. So JENDIET I understand your stress about losing that A possibly!

EZMONEY-I am still praying and hoping that your procedure went fine!

have a great day!

jendiet
11-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Brat, I think the site was down. I had tons of problems. Got so frustrated, needed TDP to get me through. Nice site too! But no where as near as asthetic or user friendly as this one!

I missed 3FC.

I already made a post...butI am getting tough on myself to lose another 20 lbs. As a reward. I am going to get myself those new sketchers shape ups.

A while back, I played with my friend's boys' moon shoes. I noticed how I had to engage so many muscles just to walk, and I love anything toning. So I drooled over these things. I just didn't know how they would do in the house. I was going to wear a pair while I did chores.

Then these shape ups come out. I forget what those disk things are that you stand on, but I wanted one of those too...however, this is a HUGE improvement. You can be mobile and use balancing muscles! I must have them. I have always been told I had great posture (I look snooty as I walk, but it's just posture!) and I walk fast. Not pushing myself too hard I walk 3.25mph. I think these will benfefit me alot--walking is my favorite exercise.

They are $100 and that is not easy to just shell out. So it is my reward for busting into the 150s.

blonde--strep is going around like crazy. If you have a little flashlight look at your throat--if you see white pus.

EZMONEY
11-14-2009, 04:40 PM
HI GALS ~

Real quick here for right now

Feeling a whole lot better

Tried to get on a couple of times yesterday but couldn't

The surgery went well...I am resting so much it hurts my butt!

Hard to get up and sit down but need to...also need to walk around some. Was able to walk up the stairs this morning I came home right from the garage into the family room and had been there from Thursday afternoon until 6am today....thank goodness we have a bathroom down here!

Pain was there for sure but much less now...Doctor prescribed percocet for the pain, the nurses said to take 2 before I left the hospital...I took 1...then took 1 more 4 hours later...after that I just felt I could handle it AND I know pain medication can cause constipation...not something I want with my abdomen area being swollen and sore Just the thought of pushing makes me feel My doctor called me yesterday to check in and asked if the pain medication was doing it's job...told him what I just mentioned...he just said..."You are a beast!" So guess I am doing ok.

I will tell you all I really felt your prayers Not once from the time I decided to get the surgery to laying on the operating table did I ever feel anxious or nervous, even the slightest.

I have 2 very cool scars too No stitches...all glued up! Cool...way cool...

Have had so many visitors and phone calls I may need to get a hotel room to get some rest

Prayers for all ~ Gary

mtiger
11-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Hey guys. I am hanging in there, trying to deal with things the best way I can. I am eating better and working out. I am not killing myself, just doing enough, I hope.

I resting on the hope that God knows what he is doing and things will come out better than they were before. I certainly can't see it now, but hopefully I will.

UrthWurm
11-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Just a random stranger dropping in to comment.. I should really adapt that NO CHEESE image on the front page. Maybe stick it to my refrigerator, or a tiny version to my wallet. Pizza, how you tempt me! ;)

UrthWurm
11-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Here's a NO CHEESE image I whipped up for myself in photoshop. You're free to take it if you want. ;)
I'm probably going to print out a business card sized version, and tape it to my debit card. LOL. xD

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8257/nocheese.gif

Onederchic
11-14-2009, 06:53 PM
I don't like bologna..can I have a donut instead?

jendiet
11-14-2009, 06:57 PM
shhh...onederchic. Don't mention that word.

omg, I love cheese. Just the thought, makes me want to have a piece for a snack...there are alot of WORSE things to eat.

jendiet
11-14-2009, 07:06 PM
ok, so new post...need to vent. I just found out the power point presentation I did didn't do so hot. It got a 85. It counts as a test grade. I have officially lost my A. I want to cry. I know nothing is going to make it feel better. I am so upset/mad at myself for not doing better.

At least I still feel level headed enough to realize....chocolate and icecream are not going to fix not getting an A , and that I should just keep trying to keep my grades up in my other classes--I want to cry though.

UrthWurm
11-14-2009, 07:08 PM
I love cheese too, but it doesn't love me. Before I went pescetarian, I ate it regularly like most people do (A LOT). It made my stomach uneasy. Now that I don't eat it regularly, when ever I have some extremely potent cheese, or have it in a large quantity (pizza) I get SEVERE stomach pains, like I've eaten a bag of nails. My tummy just can't handle it very well. =C I'm on again off again with dairy. I won't buy it and keep it in my house, but if we go out or bring home pizza, there's the cheese.. taunting me. I want to be cheese free, because cheese is essentially fat. It's just going to take some perseverance..

UrthWurm
11-14-2009, 07:34 PM
ok, so new post...need to vent. I just found out the power point presentation I did didn't do so hot. It got a 85. It counts as a test grade. I have officially lost my A. I want to cry. I know nothing is going to make it feel better. I am so upset/mad at myself for not doing better.

At least I still feel level headed enough to realize....chocolate and icecream are not going to fix not getting an A , and that I should just keep trying to keep my grades up in my other classes--I want to cry though.

Awh, hon. I'm sorry about your grade, BUT! It is not, I repeat NOT the end of the world, and it should similarly not be the end of your self control. Good job, I'm proud you put that icecream out of your mind. Because it really isn't going to solve anything, it will just create further turmoil. Hope you feel better. :hug:

blondebritbrat17
11-14-2009, 09:54 PM
JENDIET- I have seen those shape ups and been curious about them myself! But with my budget so tight.. that's going to be awhile before I even go into a store to try them on. I'm sorry to hear about your power point presentation. Looks like I'm not the only one who has had a bad day academically. After I skipped class this morning in order to stay home and take care of the dog and make sure he didn't rip out the second set of staples he's got in him despite having a cone around his head since my hubby is out of town.. this afternoon I got to looking at the schedule on the syllabus then I realized I was looking at the WRONG copy that I never got around to throwing away and so I found and looked at the right copy of all the due dates and TODAY not next WEEK like I thought.. I was supposed to have turned in five small one page papers over assigned readings we do.. and the teacher is supposed to have 10 total. He already has five of mine from the first half of the semester and the 10 papers all add up to be 30 percent of my grade. He never gave us back our papers or told us our grades on our papers that we've already turned in so I have no idea how I did on those either. So I have for sure lost my A too and maybe won't even get a B now due to this snafu of mine reading the wrong list of due dates. It's too late to drop the class so there is nothing I can do except to make sure my research paper and presentation that's due next week is as good as it can be. So I'm really kicking myself too right now. I live with an extremely disorganized person for a husband and needless to say it's affecting my schoolwork since he moves things around like papers or bills or my school stuff and then doesn't remember where he put them and he never cleans up after himself after he's done.. As I'm typing I'm looking at the floor and there's probably over 50 CDs just lying around on the floor and they have been that way for over a month now since one day he got it in his head that he wanted to listen to music on the computer and he couldn't find a particular music CD that he wanted to listen to and ransacked his collection and spread it out all over the office and has yet to pick it up and put it back where it needs to be. Whew that's a vent.. lol.. So I'm definitely starting to reach my breaking point since I'm pretty mad about this.

Don't worry.. I got strep quite a bit last year from working with the kids for the first time ever so I know what it looks like now haha (thanks kids!) and sometimes I don't even have those white things in the back of my throat but I still tested positive for it so that's not 100 percent fool proof in diagnosing it which I didn't know until last year myself. It was so bad at one point the doctor sent me to a ENT specialist to see about getting my tonsils removed and that's how I found out I also had mono as well. How I got mono on top of the throat issues I still have no clue since I never used the water fountains at work or anything.. Mono is gone but the throat issues still have been coming and going.

EZMONEY- I am so glad you've been pain free! I have been praying for you!

Mindy-Still praying for you.. Here for you whenever you're ready!

The last couple of posts have been hilarious thanks guys!

CountingDown
11-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Mindy & Gary - Prayers ascending!

To everyone else:
:drill: Step AWAY from the CHEESE!

Or at least - reach for a low-fat variety! LF string cheese is a good substitute and packed with protein :D

jendiet
11-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks Blonde and urthwurm...omg..that totally stinks. I hope the dog is ok, and I hope your teacher is underdstanding. Well at least you know what strep feels like if it doesn't always look like it. I guess you are a carrier sometimes too.

thanks for the encouragement.

dutchgirl
11-15-2009, 05:26 AM
Hey all!
EZ, glad to hear you're feeling better. Take it slow and let things heal properly!

Jen, that grade is nowhere near a failing grade and you know it, girl! Striving for perfection is ok up to a point, but you are going to burn yourself out quickly if you aren't at least somewhat forgiving if you don't quite make it perfect every time. You are going to be a teriffic nurse, keep your eye on that result! And YAY for not yielding to icecream urges!

Brat, you need one area in the house, even if it is just a cupboard or the desk, that is a no-go area for hubbie, so that you can organise your study stuff just for you. I am a naturally messy person, but at least it is my mess and I somehow always know what is where. But when the BF has been here for the weekend... Hope your health issues clear up and you can straighten out the papers with your teacher.

Urthwurm, I like the no cheese sign. I may have to post it on my fridge. I looooove cheese (well, I'm Dutch, not loving cheese is almost... alien) but it isn't good for me on a number of levels. Stick around!

Mindy, sweetie, God does know what he is doing. You will look back on this period of your life one day and realise that, hard and awful as it was at the time, you gained enormously from is and it was a time of real personal growth. Of course right now it sucks. But don't forget that God knows every hair on your head and loves you with a depth that is unfathomable. Take good care of yourself. Prayers continue.

Havea great day, all!

EZMONEY
11-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Hi EVERYONE ~

Up before 5am here...no paper yet...I will get back soon when I can sit in this chair for more than a few minutes...better today...still some pain

THANK YOU ALL for the thoughts and prayers...they are working

jendiet
11-15-2009, 12:01 PM
EZ, and Mindy prayers going up for your health and well being!

I got up at 9 am, started laundry and went for a 30 minute walk. So beautiful out there.

Dutch, thanks so much. You are right, I need to lighten up on myself...I know I am not failing...but I feel like I failed...my goal was to get an A...and I failed.

Well, I have to study for a test today, and I can't focus on that. Thank God it is only 3 chapters, but I have a full house.

Pray for a clear mind to study. Thanks.

UrthWurm
11-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Cool, I'll definitely stick around then! Got up at 8AM this morning, continuing the streak of waking up at decent times. Unfortunately, my alarm was set for 20 minutes later and what woke me up was the sound of one of my kittens shattering a glass. My MIL loved hearing that at 8AM (she sleeps until 4pm usually), especially because it was HER cocacola glass, part of a set she collected from mcdonalds. There was some yelling at me and my honey, and will likely be more later when she wakes up. Hooray! Great way to start the day. :lol:

bobblefrog
11-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Wow. This is the first time I've been able to get on the forum since last Monday and catch up. Everyone is under so much stress. Big BIG hugs to everyone.

Gary how are you feeling? Glad that your surgery went well. Mindy I don't know what is going on for you (I might have missed that in earlier posts that I haven't caught up on yet?) but I feel your fear and pain -and your anxiety too, Brat. I have had many days lately where I feel like the harder I try the more I get knocked down. It's a frightening place to be...like being in quicksand you know? Every morning I get up, take a deep breath and say, okay, today is going to be better and then by the end of the day it feels like all I've done is struggled to sink another inch! Up to my chin now...

Obviously dieting has not been on the agenda...fried foods and too much of everything, including the wine, has been my pacifier. But I'm not going to hide under a rock about it, dadgum it! I'm going to stick out reporting here so that I have some place I have to be accountable. That's how I quit smoking. Just kept trying until it finally took.

I did pull out my "learn to knit" dvd yesterday evening. We're having a big snowstorm here and Rick had to drive home late last night from work in it. Instead of working myself up in a terror waiting for him I decided to at least get myself back to where I was when I first tried a few years ago. So I have got casting on and "knit" back to a comfortable place. It's soothing. My Omi (great-grandmother) used to spend hours knitting and I like to remember what it was like visiting, remember what her voice sounded like, and the smells of her little house.

Making stew today - going to put celery root in it. Anyone tried that? It's very good - like celery but without the strings. Rick is making pretzels. Sigh. But he promised this time he would make them half the usual size. Maybe I'll eat less that way. He makes them like in the mall - with lots of butter and a cheese dip...

CHEESE, NOOOOO - be nice, leave it for the mice!!! That was a great graphic UrthWurm!

Oh, and I did get a nice little office corner finally set up for myself - I screened off a corner of the bedroom with some deep purple curtains I found at the thrift store. It's nice not to have to see when the bed isn't made or the dishes not done! Lets hope it helps my productively. I did join the chamber earlier in the month, and did a couple of sales workshops the last weeks. Right now I just have to take what's in front of me and remember that nothing in life stays the same - that bad fortune is followed by good fortune, right everyone?! I caught Suze Orman the other night when I happened to be at a place with a TV and she was talking to this girl she's coaching (woman I should say - she was younger than me, so a girl!) and she really believes it starts with really doing that 'fake that "I am powerful" until you make it'.

So, talking positively...

Our service, which has been in development for the last year is ready and we are now in selling mode. It's a great service that lots of businesses are going to find useful. All my contractors have worked hard, long hours and the economy is picking up (it is in our sector actually - we see money moving again - we've even had a few new projects ourselves) so it's the perfect time to be introducting this. I'm a natural at building rapport and helping people find solutions. People like me and trust me. Although I've never been a salesperson before, I believe in this product and know others will too. Within a few months of working my sales plan I'm going to be seeing real results and by this time next year we'll have made a huge advance in paying down our debt and the stress of how we are going to pay our bills will have been alleviated.

Okay - so anyone want to to take the challenge and reframe with me???!! It's not being unrealistic or unempathetic. It's refocusing on the positive so that we can let go some of our fear and I think - help us get more in touch with our faith. It helps me. Then I don't feel so alone as I do when I'm caught in the spinny head of all my fears.

Hope I'm not being a Pollyanna here. Let me just share that one of my creditors is suing me. The only thing I own isn't mine - it's my mother's house that I'm on the title too. They could put a lien on it. This is my biggest fear because then it is punishing the woman who has unswervingly supported me all my life and hurting her. All because of my mistakes. There, okay. Had to reveal that so you know that I am scared about my situation too...

HUGS TO ALL - I hope everyone has a very peaceful and lovely Sunday.

dutchgirl
11-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Oops, a ticked-off MIL, that's no joke!
I wish you strength. But then again, If she is attached to those glasses, maybe she shouldn't be leaving them in a place where akitten can get to it?
kittens will be kittens...

jendiet
11-15-2009, 01:54 PM
urthwurm..lol..that is a way to start the day. i hope it is going better.

dutchgirl
11-15-2009, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=bobblefrog;3013090]
Making stew today - going to put celery root in it. Anyone tried that? It's very good - like celery but without the strings.

Okay - so anyone want to to take the challenge and reframe with me???!! It's not being unrealistic or unempathetic. It's refocusing on the positive so that we can let go some of our fear and I think - help us get more in touch with our faith. It helps me. Then I don't feel so alone as I do when I'm caught in the spinny head of all my fears.
QUOTE]

Hey Bobble, I love celery root in stews! It makes a really nice mash as well instead of potatoes, or mixed in with potato if you prefer.

Funny that you should talk about reframing your life, I have been going around and around in my head about just that today, about how I want to make some really positive changes in my live. The word "joy" seems to pop up all around me, and popping into my head, all day.
I want to look at upping the joy in my life, and meeting the world with a positive attitude.
Letting go of fears would be part of that.
Seems we are in about the same place on that. I would be really open to sharing thoughts on that.
I'll pray for the house situation for you, and for joy, clarity and inspiriation for - well, for all of us really!

UrthWurm
11-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Haha, no kidding. My pissed of MIL is really no joke. A true horror. *gulp* Thank goodness she's still asleep so I don't have to hear about it yet. I love these hours of peace in the early morning/afternoon before she gets up. :lol:

@ bobblefrog: Wow, & I thought that I had it rough! I'm so sorry for everything that you're going through. I have faith in you though, you're strong and you can handle anything that comes your way. It may not seem easy, or even feasible right now, but things will work out. Remember, "this too shall pass". I'll keep you in my thoughts/prayers, and in my heart. Many blessings. :halffull:

mtiger
11-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Thank You for all the thoughts and prayers. I do appreciate it more than you know. I found some comfort and support in my mother. She and I are on the same page and will help each other deal with this. We will make it to a point of peace, understanding, acceptance and unconditional love....eventually. We are strong, loving women and have faith that it will be alright.

There is so much going on with everyone and I can't even pretend to catch up. Gary- hope you're feeling better soon. Girls- A's are nice, but growing is the real point. You are all doing great, really.

Everyone else- Keep your head held high, your eye on what's important and trust that everyting will work out for the best. That's certainly where my head needs to be also.

jendiet
11-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Good advice mindy! I hope things get better. I am wrapping my head around God's blessings so that I don't feel like complaining.

EZMONEY
11-15-2009, 09:11 PM
HI TEAM ~

Feeling better as the day went on...still some discomfort but pain only when I go from the sitting to standing position and vice versa.

Now I have to really watch my eating as I am not able to really "burn" any calories off.

JEN and BRAT ~ Grades are important! But...bottom line...the effort one puts into getting the grade is what is most important. I totally understand what happened...life gets in the way of grades sometimes ;)

MINDY ~ Fight on!

BOBBLEFROG ~ So good to see you with positive things happening in the midst of the not so positive things.

URTHWURM ~ Is she up yet? ;)

DUTCH ~ Sending you more joy!

MEESH and SCOOTER ~ Nice to see you drop by :)

MRSAUGIE ~ SUPER J ~ and the rest of the MIA's...:hug:

mrsaugie
11-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi everyone

well i am doing good. went for about 1 1/2 walk through the woods to find a hunting stand. We found 2 good ones for us for next week. did not really eat to much yesterday though either. What a rough week last week though I was laid off last week and they are saying that it is temperary and we should be called back in the spring. But I do have my doubts as to that because i work(ed) for a high end wood window and door company.

jendiet
11-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Mrs. Augie, I am sorry about your job, but maybe it is timing. Still getting laid off while pregnant is HORRIBLE.

EZ--just be careful, I am glad your recovery is going well though!

Well, I found out the class, I thought I lost my A in--I really had aced a test and gotten 10 extra pts--so essentially a 110 on a Pharmacology Test! (she wrote down that I had a 91 with my extra 10 pts. (81) which meant I missed 9 questions. I checked it today, because I was dreaming about the test and it was wierd. So I found out I made a 100! That made my day. I still have an A in Pharmacology.

Fundamentals, however, not so good. I got an 82 on my test today. I deserved the grade. I waited too late to study, and then I was distracted when my kitty went missing and I couldn't concentrate all that well. But then I found her, and after that I was just exhausted! It's not a bad grade for cramming, but I am upset I didn't study more. KICKING MYSELF. Ironic isn't it???? I still have an A in the other class, but now lost the A in this one!!!

My calves are a little tight from the 7 miles yesterday. But I love to walk, and it's easy. So I am going to cram 2 30 min sessions in, then I have to study for a computerized test tomorrow.

The scale really motivated me today. 175.2!!! heck yeah!!! It's below 176 isn't it.

EZMONEY
11-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Sorry about the lay-off MRSAUGIE...going around everywhere! The company I work for is slow...good time to get these hernias taken care of! A friend stopped by to chat today, in another trade, he is being laid off for...he has no idea how long.

JEN good news on the grades...happy studying!

bobblefrog
11-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Thank you every one for your good wishes. It means a lot - mostly I shared because as embarassing as it is - well, I guess I thought it might help everyone to know I'm paddling at the bottom of the sinkhole too. We are all human and life is not without its lessons! I am thankful health is not an issue - or rather ill health. I have a new acquaintance battling breast cancer - it has not been good news and I am just devastated for her having to face the decisions ahead of her. Even if the worst happens and one of my creditors gets a judgement against me and put a lein on the house...you know what - I can work my tail off and take care of it. I can overcome it. Short of a bus with my name on it, I have a reasonably certain future ahead of me and that beautiful gift of time.

Well, wow - I guess my little motivational 'self-speech' worked. I was very good yesterday - I turned down not only a beer but chocolate pudding. Can you believe it?! LOL - chocolate pudding! I felt in control enough to finally step on the scale this morning and feel a lot better. I didn't gain back all of my weight after all - just 10 lbs of it. So I need to go find my ticker I guess and change it. And I have to give up my chick icon - at least I can keep the 10 lbs lost one. I am officially 192 and some decimal points. I was 182 when I headed to Asheville. It could have been worse and I could have been back where I started at 205. I wish I'd done this two months ago...I may have found I'd only gained 5 on my trip and been more motivated! Funny - but psychologically I thought I had probably gained MORE back than I lost....

MrsAugie - So terribly sorry to hear about the layoff! I'm going to hope for the best though - in web design I've seen over the last decade we always see the trouble easily a year and a half before it is talked about in the news and also the recovery for us is about 6 - 12 months before. So maybe it isn't overly optimistic to think you'll get hired back in the spring? The economy will turn around, just a matter of how long we can all hang on...I hope for you it means cutting back but not an immediate emergency? What are job prospects in your area?

EZ - yeah!!!!! glad to have you post and hoping for a swift recovery. I can't imagine you not active!

Mindy - my mom is my best friend - I'm so glad you have yours for support because I know how important that would be for me.

Urthwurm - thank you for all the encouragement. I really need to hear it some days more than others don't you know! I'm mostly these days trying for the "Let Go and Let God" Boy is it hard though! I feel if I just think hard enough....

Dutch! Joy - and letting go of fears. You are so right on girlfriend! Today it was beautiful - vivid blue skies, a foot plus of white sparkling snow on everything and clear footpaths without ice. Exactly like the picturebooks of Colorado. And below my fears was the faintest whisper of...

... remember what Christmas felt like before you had to worry about money?

...remember your first winter here in Colorado and how you were always on cloud 9, your eyes as big as saucers, because it was so beautiful and you were in love?

...remember how it felt to really celebrate Christmas - a long time ago now it feels like - and not just try to make it "survivable"?

I sure hope I can find it. I know Christmas isn't in the presents - and having Rick and our little furbabies is more family than many have this year - but there is still such a layer of anxiety and grief - if I could let go the fear and rediscover a child's eyes - that would be pretty much the only thing I'd want for Christmas, you know? I've been working on the whole grateful thing and focusing on the positive - but wow, what a habit its become/a whole way of percieving and thinking - to be constantly worrying....

HUGS EVERYONE!!!! I hope everyone has a warm and abundant Thanksgiving planned next week (and a diet plan!). Or, if not - maybe a manage the regret plan??? Dutchgirl - do you have any holidays there that are like Thanksgiving here?

bobblefrog
11-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Jendiet - I WOULD BE FRANTIC ABOUT THE KITTY! So full understanding here. So glad you found her and hopefully you can still pull those grades back up? Hugs!

blondebritbrat17
11-16-2009, 09:45 PM
EZMONEY- So you were right.. I stayed home again today because I woke up feeling horrible and my stomach was hurting pretty badly and I decided time to go to the doctor. It isn't stress like I thought.. I apparently have a GI infection or a stomach virus the doctor isn't sure which but he is sure of one thing and that is that I have had it for awhile. I'm kind of kicking myself I should have gone last week and I would have saved myself two MORE sick days that I'm now having to use for this week since I also have to stay home tomorrow doctor's orders. Live and learn. I'm not weighing myself right now since I'm super bloated due to this stomach thing. So glad you are doing okay and not in too much discomfort!

Bobble-Thank you so much for sharing that. That was deeply personal and I appreciate it. And I love your attitude.

Msaugie- I am SO SORRY to hear about your lay off.

Mindy- I am so glad you have your mom to lean on.

Dutch- good luck on finding more joy! That is a good word to keep in your head so I think I will be doing that myself now.

Jendiet-Yes that is ironic that you lost an A but still had an A in that specific class... weird! Congrats on being below 176!

Night all!

dutchgirl
11-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Hi all, just a quick one,much to do today.
Bobble, we don't do thanksgiving here. but I sometimes go to the one the American Book Center throws every year. It is fun.
The resolve on joy got a bit of a test yesterday, I had kind of a rough day at work. But I am not complaining, I know that having a job these days is something to be grateful for these days. Although all countries in the Euro-zone are now officially out of recession and in growth again, so things are on the up. They surely will be on your side of the pond soon as well!
Meanwhile, have a great day all!

EZMONEY
11-17-2009, 11:47 AM
HI TEAM ~ I posted some pictures of my cooking last night in Veggie Chicks for fun..

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/veggie-challenged/186597-ez-cooks-veggie-lives.html#post3015631

jendiet
11-17-2009, 11:55 AM
omg, I hope you are alright blonde...don't worry even if it is gastritis or GE, you can kick it. Stupid bug, get out of her belly! Try to get some garlic into your digestive system--that should help flush it out.

Bobble, I missed what was going on, but I hope you are doing better and that is so awesome you only gained 10 lbs. I did the same thing. I hope that gives you a sense of "where you are" and you can pick up where you left off.

EZ, how are you today?

Mindy how are you doing???

I know what everyone means about Christmas, I actually look forward to Thanksgiving because it doesn't have all that "hype" that Christmas does. Families still get together, and enjoy everyone's company but aren't stressed about what to buy or what they got or how many presents are under the tree.

I celebrate Christmas because my Lord came to this Earth as a baby, to grow up among us, and then die for us--not for presents. Well, we do give gifts, but the understanding is it's not about SANTA or US. It's because God gave us the GREATEST GIFT, and I tell my son, God has blessed me, and so I am able to give you gifts.

I know it has some good merits, fun for the kids--but I can't stand all the Santa junk and very little "reason for the season" displays. When I do find them they are spectacular though! I try to stay away from shopping stores as much as possible. Because the commercialization of such a beautiful thing ruins my mood. People are mean and pushy to get the toys their kids want and stuff.

My decorations center around Jesus. Here is something I really want! You know how they have snow globe lawn decorations with santa or snowmen...I want one with a nativity scene.

enough of my rant....sorry...

Well, I am having a good day so far, I exercised on my home "gym"
it is my ingenous home workout thing, complete with a rebounder, perfect ab straps, and perfect pull up bar. I danced on the rebounder for a few minutes, did half pull ups (the rebounder helps) and then did some more upper arm work with the bar. then finished it up with light dance/stretch combos.

felt great afterward. Rebounding really does make your lymph system flow better. Great for lymph problems. it helps with my ear (which always feels congested)

Dutch, I am working on my joy also. I have to get the right mindframe so when things are tough or don't go my way. I still have joy.

jendiet
11-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Ez I posted on your thread...but just love those pics. Gorgeous. and great B & As.

dutchgirl
11-17-2009, 12:33 PM
EZ, that food looks soooo nice, I think I could eat that and not miss the meat (much). And that's coming from a total carnivore!

EZMONEY
11-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks ladies...it was good too!

blondebritbrat17
11-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Dutchgirl- I'm sorry you had a rough day at work. Glad to hear that things are better on your side of the pond recession wise.. and it will come over sometime on my side of the pond hopefully soon. :-)

EZMONEY-Those pictures look yummy. I'm a to die hard meat eater and so is my husband but that looks like a recipe we could try.

Jendiet- I am okay. I may have to stay home again tomorrow. I hope that is not the case but I'll wait and see how I feel tomorrow morning but the antibotics are making my stomach hurt even more right now. The doctor recommended I go get some of that Activia yogurt so when I get showered I'll be making a quick run to Walmart to get that and he recommended that I get back in the habit of eating yogurt. I used to eat it a lot as a teenager and then once I got married for some reason I stopped probably because we were so broke heh and since then I have had more stomach issues. So we're going to try yogurt first and get this bug cleared up.

I sure wish I could work out since I am pretty bored at home but I am so achy and tired right now. I slept until 9:15am this morning which is extremely late for me at least due to what time I get up and have to leave the house for my job and I went to bed at 9:30pm. So I really am sick more than what I thought. I'll be working on my research paper aside from resting and napping and trying to eat. I've not thrown up but my stomach just hurts in general especially after eating so I'm trying to go for really light foods and extremely small portions.

have a great day!

bobblefrog
11-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Morning all!

EZ I'm laughing at the Coors Light in the picture! Is THAT a veggie?! Rocky Mountain Spring Water and Hops does NOT make a veggie I'm PRETTY SURE - LOL! I'm glad you are feeling better and hopefully back to your old self soon.

Another good day yesterday - no second helpings or fattening desserts or a glass of wine.

This morning I thought of joy Dutchgirl when I went for the morning dog walk - Colorado snow is always so pretty - it sparkles like it has diamonds in it. Our snow back east was never like that. I live by a greenbelt so even though right in the middle of the city I get a moment of seeing the foothills and looking across a field so took some deep breathes and asked for my eyes to be opened to joy. It's that feeling of childlike wonder I want to bloom inside me again. Not the litany of complaints which I snowed myself under this morning. I try to make my walk my "gratitude hour" - when I think of all the things I'm grateful for. Some mornings though its like I have this critical litany...it looks like a drunk painted our accent wall, they didn't fix the dripping sink when they were here despite three requests, they replaced the blinds, but missed one so our bedroom window has a gap tooth look to it, the snow plows left an inch of ice on the walk, and so on and so on.... it's like I wonder WHO IS that bitter grumpy woman who lives in my head now????? I never was like that up until just a few years ago.

For me I mostly associate Christmas with family - I was an only child and my dad and mom moved away from family when I was still young. So Christmas was when we always went back to Florida to see my grandparents (both sets - they lived an hour away from each other). And all my cousins. It was all about amazing food (one set German - roast duck, spaetzle, red cabbage, potato salad - the other Southern farmers - chitlin cornbread, collard greens, ham and dressing), lots and lots of presents - spoiled rotten I was, lots of family around, playing in the barns and with the chickens and trying to score mistletoe (it grows high up), oranges, the proverbial gift of days of the week underwear, punchballs, stockings with sweets, and since my dad's parents were Primitive Grace Southern Baptist - getting dressed up to go to church and then EATING MORE at the church social - banana cream pies, sweet iced tea, turkey, sweet potatoes - was all part of it.

This year not so many decorations and we're only going to do a small "fake" tree - with the new kitten and trying to stay on top of business I decided that it would take too much time trying to deal with a real one. And besides they are so expensive! We're just going to put on ornaments the kitty can bat off without breaking ... and tie the top of the tree to the ceiling so she can't knock it over!!! And diet or not...I think I'm going to bake my favorite cookies this year. Haven't done that since I moved out here.

JenDiet and Blonde - garlic is some pretty amazing stuff as is probiotics like in Activa (my mom swears by that stuff). Also - chamomile tea is not an anti-bacterial I don't think - but it is my go to for any sort of stomach upset (I get terrible colitis - the nervous / stress kind). I sure hope you feel better soon!!!!! Take care of yourself and get lots of rest if you can.

Hugs to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

jendiet
11-17-2009, 11:33 PM
how is everyone tonight?

I made teryaki deer meat with sesame seeds, garlic and olive oil bok choy, and jasmine rice for dinner. Very tasty.

I like having all this "fresh" meat. Because I know it's not loaded with all the junk supermarket meat is loaded with. My SO killed the deer and had it processed the same day!

EZMONEY
11-17-2009, 11:46 PM
I came...I read...I'm tired...healing well but sister was here and overdid it today...

Will catch up tomorrow...promise!

bobblefrog
11-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Just a quick morning hello - JenDiet - I know how you feel about hormones and stuff in the supermarket meat. We have been slowly going organic over the last few years. We don't always buy all organic meat - sometimes it is "natural" simply because we can't afford it otherwise. But it does mean for us doing like EZ is doing and eating less of it so we can get it in the budget. And we feed our dog and cat as much homemade as we can too. So they probably get more of the meat than we do!!! We're fortunate here though to have an organic local chain where the meat isn't cheap but its not outrageous either. A pound of buffalo stew meat is about 5.50, elk about 7.50. I'd like to say we were healthier - but I have such a hard time staying away from fats and carbs (comfort foods like mac and cheese), second helpings - and Rick loves to have dessert around - that's hard to say no to!

Yesterday was okay diet-wise - we went out to the bagel shop for lunch - I didn't go lo-cal - but I also didn't quite finish my sandwich. Left some on the plate. Yeah me! And then at dinner I was STRONG and only had half a grilled cheese and saurkraut with our cup of stew. We make our own saurkraut now - I do it Bavarian style with Caraway seeds and its quite addictive.

It's so funny how much better I'm feeling since I've been on the scale and discovered I hadn't gained back ALL of it. I look in the mirror and SEE a thinner person than I did last week. Isn't that a lesson in perspective? Although I must admit I am not taking in account I probably don't quite look as good on the way down because I stopped working out too - the muscle isn't there any more.

Okay, enough rambling. Long work day ahead. And my coffee cup is empty...horrors....

EZMONEY
11-18-2009, 02:45 PM
All is well here today. A beautiful cool morning, wish I was able to get those mutts out for a walk...they do a "puppy parade" around me all day waiting for those leashes...soon I hope.

I just finished making cheese enchiladas, I had everything ready yesterday except warming the tortillas and rolling/baking them when mu sister came by. I just threw it all in the fridge and finished this morning. Now Angie and I have 3 cheese enchilada meals ready to go for those quick meals...pull 'em out of the freezer (3 packages of 5) warm them in the microwave, can of black or refried beans, rice if Angie is around to make it chips and guacamole and we are good to go One of my favorites!! :carrot:

My sister is doing well right now, there was a misunderstanding on her part when radiation was to start...all that is confirmed now. She will continue chemo into Feb. then start radiation. Poor girl...but she is a fighter...always had to be with her lupus.

My daughter in law fractured her finger and wrist in 3 places doing tumbling at the Charger game Sunday but is doing fine with her cast on, minor pain and tons of help from those high school boys she teaches ;) I posted a picture of her getting "proposed to" by a player after a TD...if you didn't see it and want to let me know. For those that didn't run across it, it was a joke...she is still happily married to my son!

My sister had my leftovers of the spaghetti squash dish I made...she loved it! She is going to try and make it this week-end if she has the energy.

Need to take a break but I will be back later today!

EZMONEY
11-18-2009, 07:19 PM
BOBBLEFROG ~ I'm coming for sauerkraut! Angie and I love it. We eat bratwurst from time to time...on a roll with mustard...or cut up and dip it in a mix of paprika, cumin, ketchup and worcestershire sauce...until we saw a Rachael Ray Reuben...now bratwurst on a roll with sauerkraut and 1,000 Island dressing. Not sure how much we will have bratwurst now but we do have 3 packs from Costco in the freezer...not gonna throw it out ;)

Glad you are doing better and your work is on the move! I don't think Angie wants a tree this year...but we will decorate the house that is for sure! We did buy a tree, to support a high school wrestler from church, but we donated it to a family at Camp Pendleton.

MINDY ~ I hope things are looking better for you and those concerned :hug: Keep your health up!

JEN ~ I have a new Nativity I can't wait to get up :carrot: I usually have one outside...it's awesome...and I have a 4x8 foot sheet of plywood with a lighted JESUS I hang up...but with my hernia surgery that may not happen this year :( If I remember I will post pictures from last year. That deer meat sounds very good! I only had venison once and that was when I was about 13...my uncle was a hunter and we were visiting...can't tell you if I liked it, so long ago and it was in chili...hot chili...I can still feel the pain ;)

BRAT ~To be honest kiddo, when Angie and I substitute black beans for hamburger in burritos, tacos, or casseroles...I really don't miss the hamburger. How's that tummy? Research papers? Jobs? Hang in there! :hug:

DUTCH ~ I hope you got that bit of joy that was zapped at work :hug: Is that sun still shining warming up your life :carrot: Missing BF are you?

URTHWURM ~ MRSAUGIE ~ SUPER J ~ MEESH ....I hope life is treating you great!

mrsaugie
11-18-2009, 08:30 PM
the only compaint that i have right now is i over ate spagetti tonight. was suposed to be lasagna but i did not have enough noodles for that so i went to plan B. any way i also had my last nice day for outside walking for a while we have rain and snow in the forcast for the next week or so. so i think i need to start walking at the mall again.

EZMONEY
11-18-2009, 08:47 PM
WOW! 15 weeks already MRSAUGIE....how time flies. I am sorry the nasty weather is coming but walking at the mall is better than not walking at all...as long as that credit card stays at home!...all that window shopping can add up....be good

blondebritbrat17
11-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Well I think I am well enough to go back to work tomorrow after 3 days of just resting. I don't want to be gone longer since I always feel out of touch and out of the loop when I'm absent and hate feeling that way. I have not even started my homework or my research paper which all of that is due on Saturday. But resting has been really not a choice. It's been all I can do to not nap these past three days on top of getting about 10 to almost 12 hours of sleep per night much less read and actually remember what I read and then think clearly enough to put together a paper. I did get some productive things done like setting up some accounts online for bills etc. I had a pretty yummy dinner tonight but it probably was very high calorie. I had baked pork chop and stuffed baked potato and then two crescent rolls and several cookies throughout the day haha. I need to go grocery shopping badly since I am out of soda here and that's like a sin around here.

MSaugie-Wow 15 weeks.. congrats soon you'll know the sex!

Bobble-Sauerkraut!! My mom used to cook that and then put sliced up hot dogs in there and it worked like a charm for us every time in regards to our ahem bathroom issues within the hour usually lol.. It's been a long time since I've eaten that!

Have a great night!

EZMONEY
11-18-2009, 09:22 PM
BRAT ~ Glad you are feeling better! I know what you mean about missing too much (never had that at work ever) but I missed several times at school growing up for various reasons...and it sucked feeling like the new kid again.

Be good

mtiger
11-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Boy, I missed a day and you guys are burning up the board. I won't even pretend to catch up. I did read everyone's post though. I am experiencing that nasty mid-cycle gain so I am up about 3 pounds. I DO NOT want to see 180 again. Today I was 179.8. PLEASE start going back down now, PLEASE!!!

Dealing with life around here. Trying to be the kind, understanding parent people expect me to be. It is difficult, but I am doing my best.

dutchgirl
11-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Hey all!
I weathered the first real autumn storm of the season yesterday, it was a bit scary going home on the scooter. There were a few gusts of wind that pushed at me and almost put me in the path of cars. Not a pleasant experience, that was a bit more exciting than was desirable.
Today is supposed to be fine again, though.
Wish I had the day off, I would love to go walk on the beach today and look for beach glass and shells, always good after a storm. I want to incorporate some beach glass in some jewelry that I have in mind to make.
And EZ, work didn't zap my joy, it is just really busy and the climate control is non-existent so we are either freezing or roasting - this week it is roasting and that wears you out somehow.
Hope you all have a great, calm, peaceful, healthy day!

jendiet
11-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Brat, Mindy , and EZ I am so glad you all are feeling better!

Brat, you need that rest. You will make a much better paper after that rest.

Bobble, how I love sourkraut. SO and I went to a restauraunt once called Bruhas. I was a vegan at the time. I wanted something veggie of course, but not too expensive. I ordered a side dish of german cabbage, it was more like sour kraut, but was so delicious! I ordered two more plates. It turned out they were like $15 a piece. I was so embarassed. about $40 in angel hair pasta and cabbage!

Now that they make turkey bratwurst and beef, I eat bratwurst more often and I love it with hot sourkraut with a 1/2 teaspoon of honey and 1 tsp mustard.

Well, my day started out sour. AFter working out so vigilantly for the past week, weight was back up. But I still wanted to exercise, I had to finish studying for a test though...and didn't have time.

The good part happened when I took my test. If we made a Level 3 or higher we got 1 pt added to our final grade. Not only did I make the 3, but I made the 99th percentile. My teacher was so ecstatic. She gushed about me having the highest score she had ever seen.

Well, I'm so tired, i feel like i'm babbling or something. I did not even get my quota of exercise today.

Oh EZ! those decorations are beutiful! does the Jesus sign flash like a neon sign.

jendiet
11-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Dutch, omg, that sounds like fun. I wish I could do that. Your jewelry idea sounds amazing. I love glass jewelry. I don't know beach glass would look like though. I am glad you were able to weather the storm and not have too much trouble on the scooter.

bobblefrog
11-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Good morning all!

Dutch - that ride in the storm on the scooter! Petrifying! I'm so glad you made it home safely and any "wreck" of nerves has since settled The jewelry idea sounds lovely - I may have missed - are you just getting into jewelry making or is this something you've done for awhile?

I'm very happy with how my knitting is progressing. I think it may take this time. I remember my Omi doing it, and while I knew it was soothing to do, I didn't realize what a nice effect it makes on "the family" as well. The animals come play around my feet and Rick will come sit in the other chair and just talk at me...we'll have the music on (dragged out the Christmas CDs last night - we love Brubeck's Charlie Brown) and he says it just makes the evening feel nice to have me sitting there with my glasses perched on my noses clicking away. Guess there are some bonuses to growing older! LOL!

EZ - LOVE THE NATIVITY SCENE! Maybe the kids can come out and put it up for you this year? Would be a shame not to have it out lighting up the street. I bet I could see that in Denver...I wondered what the glow from the WEST was last year...GRIN! Our nativity scene when I was growing up was additionally graced with the seven dwarves and a little frog. It made perfect sense to me as a child.

Note on saurkraut - we discovered you lose the probiotic benefits if you heat it! It's still good for you heated, of course - just not as good. So when we buy it we always get refrigerated and we serve ours cold. JenDiet - you had me on the floor with your story - the other day I pulled out some spaetzle I'd frozen and fried it up to have with the kraut - bad me had three servings! I may not have had to pay for it with the wallet, but definitely in the hips! WHOOHOO on acing that test. Lots of pats on the back!!

MrsAugie - I have been hesitant with the congratulations - I wanted to BE SURE you were preggers. I saw the ticker but thought maybe it was something you accidently picked up - Don't Laugh!!!!!! I hate to assume anything. Err, picked up....that wasn't meant to be referring to the preganancy, itself. CONGRATS GIRL!!

Mindy - hang in there. Rooting for you! Lots of deep breaths and make lots of time to take care of YOU.

Blonde - Feeling a little better then? I didn't do so good yesterday either. If any of you have ever been to Denver they have a place called White Fence Farms - I lie not when I say it is the Disneyland of Fried Chicken. Rick grew up going there so while we can't afford eating there, we do go every few months when he's feeling lonely for his mom and browse the shop, pet the goats and get takeout. He was really hungry yesterday so we pulled our pennies together and instead of getting the single dinner (which usually is enough when we split it) we got TWO dinners - and I ate everying in mine but one tiny drumstick - that's three pieces of fried chicken ladies and gents, a buttered half backed potato, mashed potato and gravy (we split portions), coleslaw, sugared corn fritters (only gave the dog one...) AND cherry cobbler with blackberry ice cream....ACK!!!!! I was definitely feeling a little unhappy when I pushed back from the table. Sigh! But, a cup of peppermint tea and a long walk this morning and I'm ready to heave my sorry bum back on the wagon again today ;-)

Well that's my report for the day. Yesterday I had a meeting with a business counselor from the SBDC (Small Business Development Center). It's a federal and state funded program and WOW, I cannot tell you how impressed I was. I had done SCORE years ago and hadn't been so impressed - I think I just wasn't paired up well with a counselor. But this lady was sharp on. I walked away just so motivated and feeling so much more confident. I wonder if maybe the missing piece has just been my faith in myself? She has several "A list" prospects for me that she wants to introduce me to. Just a couple of that kind of client and I could start breathing again financially. I think it really helped me see that all that is standing between our company and success is me taking the step -

Singing...."Just put one foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walking cross the floor....just put one foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walking out the door!" (anyone remember that?)

Today is Chamber orientation and then a Business After Hours. Smooooooze time!

jendiet
11-19-2009, 01:17 PM
oh bobble, both you and I had a slightly off plan day...just keep at it.

The scale did award my hard work with a drop. 175.2 yeah! Now let's just keep going in that direction!

Thanks for the congrats. I am in a little bit of a loll. The calm before the storm. I have a test on the 30th. But after all the studying...I usually take a few days break for the brain to clear, and revamp.

My garden is looking awful tempting right now. I already ended up going to Jackson and Perkins buying 3 rose bushes. 1 Midas Touch, 1 Mr. Lincoln, and 1 magic blanket. Not to mention 3 trays of pansies, 1 tray of mums, ajuga, dark dancer ground cover.

I need to fertilize the veggies too, we have brussel sprouts, broccoli, collards, cabbage, lettuce varieties...they are pretty young still.

I am a rose bush freak. If I could I would design the perfect japanese rose garden. When I actually have more income, it is very likely we will have one. I would even go through the lengths of building my own pond, with a bridge, and trellises.

My favorite color is blue. But my living room is done in burgundy, with a oriental style area rug, and japanese garden type decorations. Budget stuff. So no where near what I want. Red denotes my passion i think.

again Ez, I am so impressed. I love the Neon Jesus sign. We always put "Happy Birthday Jesus" in the windows. One time some Mormons came to our house. They were like is it your son Hesus's birthday? I said ...Well it has something to do with Someone's birth celebrated around Christmas. They just blank stared at me. Then they came back, and apologized and I told them. "I know it's not really the day Jesus was born, but it's a great way to celebrate the anniversary".

EZMONEY
11-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Dealing with life around here. Trying to be the kind, understanding parent people expect me to be. It is difficult, but I am doing my best.

Mindy sending prayers and good thoughts for you to be the parent you need to be in this situation :hug:

Hey all!
I weathered the first real autumn storm of the season yesterday, it was a bit scary going home on the scooter.

And EZ, work didn't zap my joy, it is just really busy and the climate control is non-existent so we are either freezing or roasting - this week it is roasting and that wears you out somehow.

Glad you got throught that storm safe!

Oh EZ! those decorations are beutiful! does the Jesus sign flash like a neon sign.

HA! No the JESUS doesn't flash kiddo...what it is is a red rope light that Angie and I stapled to a sheet plywood that I had painted to match the color of my house....then we made the word JESUS..the WORD...cool ;)

EZ - LOVE THE NATIVITY SCENE! Maybe the kids can come out and put it up for you this year? Would be a shame not to have it out lighting up the street. I bet I could see that in Denver...I wondered what the glow from the WEST was last year...GRIN! Our nativity scene when I was growing up was additionally graced with the seven dwarves and a little frog. It made perfect sense to me as a child.

HA! I should be able to get the nativity up...just need my son or brother to get the stuff out of storage...up in the garage rafters. I wanted to get it all down before surgery but Angie said NO!

...again Ez, I am so impressed. I love the Neon Jesus sign. We always put "Happy Birthday Jesus" in the windows. One time some Mormons came to our house. They were like is it your son Hesus's birthday? I said ...Well it has something to do with Someone's birth celebrated around Christmas. They just blank stared at me. Then they came back, and apologized and I told them. "I know it's not really the day Jesus was born, but it's a great way to celebrate the anniversary".

No, it isn't the day our Lord was born but it is the day the church has set aside to honor it.

I am holding my own right now...not better but not worse...doing more stuff but the more I do the more I hurt...ouch...I am improving...be back to shape in no time..need to watch my eating though. I am eating like I do when I work...no snacking and ,meals pretty decent but I am not burning off the calories...unless you burn them yelling..."SHUT THE HE** UP! as my dogs bark at the neighbors walking by ;) or chasing them...slowly...with the squirt bottle :D

blondebritbrat17
11-19-2009, 09:45 PM
EZMONEY- Just be slow and take it easy.. squirt bottle huh?? I never thought of doing that to my dogs. Hmmm might be a good try.

I'm not better or worse myself. I've still not been back to work and just went to the doctor the second time this week. The first round of antibotics did not take effect so he's put me on another very new brand name drug that there is no generic for so he gave me samples instead since it's so expensive thank goodness. He also told me to stay home again tomorrow. And if I was feeling better on Monday I could go in to work and tough it out for the two days that we have work haha until we let out for the Thanksgiving holiday. Meanwhile I still have all that homework to do and the research paper. I've been having to rest so much but tomorrow I'm going to have to tough it out and just do it since I am feeling rested for sure now lol.. considering I've been at home for 4 straight days doing nothing but laying on the couch for the most part if not conked out. I did go to the grocery store right after the dr's office since it was on my way home and I don't want to make another trip in town when I'm feeling better over the weekend to help save on gas and I got some of that activia yogurt so we'll see. Anyways have a great night!

jendiet
11-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Ez and blonde, I hope you both get to feeling better. I'm tired from all the gardening work I did. I am calling it a night!

EZMONEY
11-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Sending GET WELL wishes to BRAT and HAPPY GARDENING WISHES to JEN!

and HUGS to ALL

mrsaugie
11-20-2009, 01:20 PM
hi today is off to a good start. working on the water and keeping track of what i am eating again. i have reall fallen off track on these to things the last 2 weeks. no time like the present to get back on track.

Bobble~ thanks and that is fine to be cautious. and no offense with the word choices.

pliem2009
11-20-2009, 01:41 PM
:moo:
:cheese:
:hun:
hehehehe

---------------------------
"Edison failed 10,000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times."
Weight Loss journey began: January 2009 - Weight Loss to date: 24lbs
Currently on the my30daysdiet and loving it! Working out 4 times a week.

mtiger
11-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Well wishes to all sickies or recoverers (that's not a word). Hope everyone is up to par soon. Everybody is so busy. School, gardening, knitting, life. I thankfully had a peaceful day at school. 2 boys were suspended for fighting and thing were pretty quiet today. 2 more days before Thanksgiving break.

Family get together should be interesting this year, since all the stuff with my DD. It will be the first time we are all together. I just hope it is same as always with no discomfort.

179.4 today. Glad it's not over 180. Hopefully mid-cycle gain is winding down and I can get back to 177 or 176??? We'll see!!!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I'm sure some of you will start to figure it out with the little comments I am making. Love, love , love!!!! That's what I need to do. Unconditionally.

EZMONEY
11-20-2009, 10:35 PM
MIDY we aren't here to judge. More than likely in some form or another some of us have experienced whatever you are going through. We are here to support you however we can...and that is all.

Hugs...prayers...have a good week-end and get some emotional rest! Angie is done with kids until Monday after Thanksgiving...can you hear her "Hooray!"...wink

jendiet
11-21-2009, 12:36 AM
Well, I had a terrible "off" day. I woke up late not once but thrice. heh. I woke up at 6:48 8 minutes after my son's bus leaves...so I slept in and was just going to drive him to school (he has to be there 7:45) but I like to get him there by 7:20 to avoid traffic. So I wake up the second time at 7:18. Oh no!

We get there by 7:30 though.

Then I came home and fell back asleep. I woke up at 9 am and was just lazing around a little....dozing on and off. Woke back up at 11:18..and was like omg! It's Friday. So I left the house at 11:28 to do my meals on wheels route which is supposed to be at 11:30. heh.

I get there and get my food, and forget my frozens! So I turned around and went back, and they had already sent another volunteer! So I finally get to passing out lunches at 12:15 pm. Then I have to go to the store when I am done....and I don't get home until 2:30 (I ate nothing at all) starving...and my son gets home at 2:50 pm.

I didn't sleep well the night before. And had nightmares.

I did stay on plan with my diet. And the scale rewarded me with a 175.0. Nice! I worked out with the free step and the run on the wii...and it was great.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am tired again. I wil write more in the morning! Love you all.

EZMONEY
11-21-2009, 10:44 AM
WOW what a rough day JEN! Glad you saw 175 on that scale.

I am up to 187 this morning...eating what I always eat but getting no exercise. I was going to go with Angie and the dogs on a walk yesterday but right before we headed out Angie noticed water on our side walk...oh-oo...

I had a leak in the main water line to the house, I was able to bail the water out of the box the main is in but couldn't shut it off...too low and too hard with this hernia recovery issue...my brother was able to do it when he came home...so glad he lives across the street.

We have water...Y-ing off my neighbor...and a kid should be here soon to start digging a trench for a new line..my brother will put it in but I won't be much help...

and to top that off the washing machine finally went yesterday...

Have a great day everyone!

jendiet
11-21-2009, 03:04 PM
omg, what a hectic day for you too EZ. TAKE IT EASY RECOVERING FROM THAT HERNIA SURGERY. I know I don't need to tell you this, but that is probably the most painful surgery a man has to deal with. SO had an inguinal hernia.

I'm outside digging in flower beds all day. I love it. So can't complain.

How's everyone else doing today?

jendiet
11-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Well, I am so pooped again. But I am done with one flower bed!

Now, in order from the road, I have a Mr. Lincoln (deep red), a Kimberlina (soft pink), the Crepe Myrtle (burgundy cotton), the Magic blanket (soft white-pink rose), The Knockout (hot pink), King Midas (bright yellow), and the other Knockout (pink). The bed is 10 ft by 2 foot, and is mulched with black bark.

I was so sad because I had 3 Prunus Subhirtella Pendulas (Weeping Higan Cherry) and I didn't know what to do with them--they are too big to put near the property. We have huge Poplars and Walnuts already, but my SO decided we could plant them near the creek! great idea. I really want to enjoy their beauty.

NObody came to post today? slackers! Except you EZ.

How are you Mindy? Wheeeere are ya???

Tomorrow, after other things, I have plans of tackling the center flower bed. Mum's and Pansies.

Off to bed with me!

dutchgirl
11-22-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm not slacking, I'm having serious modem issues here. It keepstaking meoff-line. Yesterday started awful weatherwise, so I decided to clean house. And all of a sudden the sun came out and it became a glorious day.
I was feeling very claustrophobic and I also knew it would be the last good day for a while, so I grabbed my backpack and my camera and headed for the beach. It was glorious, I walked along the beach for 4 hours, taking pictures and looking for pretty stuff that had washed up. Very little beachglass unfortunately, but I did find a piece of red brick that had been completely ground down. I also found dome nice pebbles, metal slag and some teeny tiny sanddollar-like things.
I really felt like I was bunking off from school or something, but I jkust had so much fun! And exercise, my legs were killing me.
Have a great Sunday, all!!

jendiet
11-22-2009, 02:16 PM
oh yeah, walking on the beach is so toning! Sounds like you had fun dutchgirl! Well, the rain has me in today! I was so upset! Ah well, a little cleaning, will have to do some wii for exercise today I guess.

blondebritbrat17
11-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Dutchgirl-Your walk down the beach sounds lovely.

I appreciate all the well wishes I've gotten from everyone. I have been trying to read and keep up but I am still getting very worn out easily. I just signed up for a year's membership at ediets and will be doing their online diet plan where I get a meal plan and cook it here at home. So I will start that after thanksgiving since I've already shopped for this week. I'm just a bit stuck right now in a rut for recipe ideas and how to cook things etc and I want to keep my weight loss moving in the right direction since I am so happy that I am under 200 for the first time in several years and so is my hubby he is under 200 now too. Plus their website looks fantastic besides this one. :-) I've been a bit overwhelemed lately with all the homework I've had so meal planning is kind of out the window most of the time, plus being sick and still am but yet the holidays are coming and apparently I am hosting thanksgiving after all for my mom and her boyfriend and his children this coming Friday so I had to run to Target today again to buy things. It's a good thing I did go today. They are running low on supplies already. I had to buy some brands that I wasn't expecting to have to buy but the brands I wanted were gone therefore I did not use the coupons I had. It's too late to be experimenting with recipes and using my hubby and myself as a guinea pig nor do we have the money to do that so I'm using a lot of already prepared or easy to make items and won't be doing homemade this year since I am too busy and still will be working on homework and finishing up this class. Anyways I need to go lie down so have a good evening!

jendiet
11-22-2009, 11:56 PM
yay...blonde for you and your husband. Who says you have to do a homemaded dinner, it's more fun if you take it easy!

EZMONEY
11-23-2009, 01:23 PM

Sorry I have been missing a bit the last few days. I have been busy with the water line that broke to the house, church stuff and hanging out with my :love: wife :love:

I have not lost any weight since my surgery...go figure...HA! I eat like I was working all day long. I have yet to get any major walks in but I am getting close. We were headed out Friday afternoon when we saw the leak, going Saturday afternoon when a friend came by, then yesterday I spent most of the time after church "watching/helping" my brother with the plumbing.

I screwed up and ordered pizza Friday after the water line broke...running to Home Depot took out our date night....why I ordered one large cheese for Angie and one large pepperoni for me, when one 1/2 each was enough for dinner...I have no idea why...none at all..nope...no way...:shrug:

he's a liar...he knows darn good and well Angie was going to eat only 1/2 of her pizza ...counting...dinner...lunch Saturday and Sunday...leaving 1.5 for him...denial t the max!

I will return...be good TEAM....be good :hug:

mrsaugie
11-23-2009, 03:49 PM
hi everyone

I hope today is going well. I have not been feel very good the last few days. it is starting to get better. In the next day or so i am hoping to get back at it full force.

mtiger
11-23-2009, 07:38 PM
I seem to be so busy lately that I hardly post. I am trying. Well I stayed under 180 during this mid-cycle gain. Was back to 178.6 today, and hoping I can lose some now. OF course TOM will come in a little over a week and mess things up once again. I'm just not making any progress here. I have said that maybe it is time to join a gym. If I don't lose anything in Nove. and Dec. I am looking into gyms in Jan. That's a promise.

Gary- Our water line burst about a month ago. Not fun. Can I convince you to order 1 pizza next time???

bobblefrog
11-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Morning all -

I have been slacking. Everything just got busy here. Mostly just keeping up with work/projects and moving forward on establishing networking opportunities.

Then we went down to Colorado Springs overnight Sunday to work with my business consultant. VERY VERY BAD that evening - I swear I hate a steak that was a whole pound, a baked potato, turtle pie... and I'm the one responsible for polishing off a whole bottle of wine as the guys were drinking beer. I seem to remember the point halfway down the bottle where my brains must have jumped out of my head. It was great fun and lots of good discussion about current politics and even had a nice toasty fire...but my head ached in the morning and I may not be drinking for awhile after that little indiscretion. Worse I had Dave's idea of a diner breakfast...a full large plate of hash browns, eggs, bacon and a sweet roll. Well, I guess that overindulgence has made me curse heavy food and drink now - can't be anything but good for my diet esp as Turkey Day approaches.

I really enjoyed hearing about your gardening Jendiet - I look forward to moving back East next year so I can get into it again. Didn't do the community plot this year and missed having fresh veggies and flowers over the summer. Love roses too - but mostly get into herbs now. Back in NC the roses don't do so great. I think the combination of soil and rock just isn't the best for them. But lavender on the other hand does very well, so there you go.

EZ sorry to hear about the water leak! That's no fun! Dutch - I am a bit envious you can just go walk on the beach - one day we'll live by one I hope.

Knitting is going very well - it seems to be sticking this time. I'm halfway through my first scarf. Just knit stitch though - I'll learn purl on the next one. mindy it's good to know you knit, too - I was just thinking what my first project I should tackle after I learn purl and have another scarf under my belt. My Omi used to make slippers, sweaters and hats...it would be neat to figure out how she did the slippers. Every year I got a new pair - I HATE that when I was a kid they seemed "the usual". Now I would love to have a pair of those. They were great for skating on hardwood floors!

Blonde - how are you doing - got that bacterial thing licked yet? You eating your garlic, too? mrsaugie - how are you doing? are you passed all the morning sickness now? I've never been in your shoes but I had heard the first three months were usually the worst.

Well that's it for me...working...taking a day off to go up the mountain for Turkey Day then back to working again. Trying to get my processes finished and the demo for our service finished so I can hit the first week of December with my "ducks in a row".

Hugs to all and best wishes for a lovely holiday if you are here on this side of the pond!

jendiet
11-24-2009, 01:19 PM
lol, EZ at least you called him out. Well, your appetite will be increased especially for protein as you need it to repair. Just try to be good.

Mindy, yeay on the new low! That is awesome. I know how TOM can mess things up. I am on my 2nd TOM this month. And for the past couple of days I have been going back up from 175.0! I am on plan...just getting bloated and all that.

Bobble, lavender is pretty. I agree Roses don't do very well in that climate. Knitting, I have looked into it, I can crouchet, but I think those knitting needles scare me. It looks tooo complicated.

Mrs. augie, take it easy hun. I hope you get to feeling better!

Well, I was so mentally fatigued from devising my care plan (worked on it for 4 hours straight) 1-5pm. Didn't have a clue. I THINK my rationale was good. I hope it was. I have to get a 75 to PASS THE COURSE. No pressure there. I don't want to fail clinicals--that would suck. I didn't work out, but did stick to my calorie limit. HOPING to see a 3 lb drop! AS TOM leaves...

dutchgirl
11-25-2009, 12:30 AM
Just a quick hi, my modem at home is still playing me up and it is enormously busy (but good, constructive busy) at work, so my time is very limited at the moment.
Thinking of you guys,though!
have a great day,all

EZMONEY
11-25-2009, 11:11 AM

Well just to let you all know...I am not losing any weight with this limited activity :mad: Not exactly trying though either ;) I eat the same as if I worked all day...thank goodness I am not a snacker!

Angie and I tried to get some miles in at the beach yesterday but my incisions didn't help out :( We had hoped to get 3+ miles in but I made it only a little over 2. We did have a great day though, had a super carne asada burrito at the Mexican joint across form the beach and ran into a young lady with a golden retriever puppy...all 3 of my girls fell in love :)

We are getting set here for Thanksgiving....just need to figure out how to entertain the Marines we will have here....since they can't drink alcohol :dizzy: Most of the day we will be at church where they can hang out with their "boys" and play in the new youth room...a lot of cool stuff. We just don't have any video games here now that knucklehead nephew is off in the NAVY. I am sure we will be fine.

Have a great day and Thanksgiving tomorrow if you celebrate!

JEN ~I hope that homework is easier today :hug: Angie is taking a few online courses right now...I just leave her alone while she does her homework ;)

DUTCH ~ I hope you are able to get more walks on that beach soon :hug:

MRSAUGIE ~ I hope the transition from work to home is going as smoothly as it can...here's hoping spring brings you good news on the work front! Real slow here still in California...a good time for me to have this surgery taken care of.

BOBBLEFROG ~ Hey watch that celebrating :D Enjoy your trip up the mountain...I hope your weather doesn't have those unexpected CO snow storms!

BRAT ~ I know you will have a busy Thanksgiving with the family...I hope the tummy holds up! Angie's tests just show acid reflux...something she will just have to live with.

MINDY ~ Keep on keepin' on dear :hug:

Have a great day and THANKSGIVING tomorrow if you celebrate :hug:

mtiger
11-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Worked out with my friend yesterday. 2 days in a row she made it. She has gotten out of shape so we just walked. I did about 15 minutes of jogging and racing afterward. Some boys stayed aftr school and I ended racing them. I beat them all the first time. Second time I beat 2, got to where I could only beat 1 consistenely. Hey....I'm old......they are young!!!! It was fun.

178.4 today. Good way to start Thanksgiving break. I really need the rest. When I go back Monday I get yet another new student, bringing my total to 32. WTH???? Hope to do a little shopping this weekend. hope the kids have some ideas.

I'll be back later.

Gary- Did ya squeeze that puppy for me????

jendiet
11-25-2009, 12:02 PM
EZ! Take it EASY!

Mtiger--you go girl! RACING buxom lads...whooo!

Dutch...I hope that internet is better.

lol...Bobble wine makes my "brains jump out" too.

Well, I am cooking one dish, then going over my SO's house to have thanksgiving tomorrow. I think we will stay til Friday.

I have alot of HOMEWORK TO DO. ugh!

At least weight swang back down to 175.2.

please, please, please, have a 3 lb whoosh after TOM!

dutchgirl
11-27-2009, 03:10 AM
Hi all, hope you are all having a wonderful Thanksgiving. Finally got my internet sorted (I think) and then I can't access 3FC because of server problems. Sigh.
off to my jewelry making class, yay!
See ya!

blondebritbrat17
11-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Mindy-Awesome racing boys!! That's a large class.

Dutch girl-Jewelry making oohh.. sounds fun.

EZMONEY- Sorry about the water main repairs..

I am feeling lots better guys with my stomach. I finally finished all of my medication for it too. Never had medication to bother my stomach so much before whew.. Thanks so much for all the well wishes. I have been eating some of that activia yogurt almost everyday. The eating plan has kind of gone out the window right now since it is Thanksgiving week after all and high calorie foods are everywhere right now. But I've still been not stuffing myself or anything.

Bobble-No I've not been doing garlic I just cannot bring myself to do it lol.. Any tips on how to mask the taste or smell? I like garlic with food but I cannot bring myself to just pop it in my mouth raw and by itself.

I've been having problems getting onto 3FCs myself these past three days and I've been busy since I got out of work for the holidays so I've not had much time to keep trying to get on. I went straight to my grandmother's after I got out of work that is almost two hours away and she treated me to some good tasty meals and a haircut oh my it was so much fun... I also got to see her new house she is in the process of buying. I was in the car for about 5 hours total yesterday getting my mom then going the opposite way to go back to my grandmothers house for our big family thanksgiving then doing the whole thing over again dropping her off then going home finally. My mom got so many left overs from our big family thanksgiving dinner we went to yesterday that I actually am not going to have to do much cooking after all lol for our small one we are having here today at my house. It's kind of a good thing because I've never done any of the recipes that are so fab in my family nor do I have the recipes and I am still tired from being sick and from yesterday. I stayed in bed for about 11 hours last night. So anyways I need to get going and get my kitchen and my bathrooms clean. My husband was so good to pick up and organize and clean the carpets of the entire house while I was gone to my grandmother's being pampered so I do not have much to do. Have a great day everyone!

mtiger
11-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Finally able to get on. ANd the news is horrid. I have been having some mid-cycle TOM issues. Acting like it is going to start early, but it might just be teasing. I ate really well yesterday and did not overdo in any way. So why do I see a 3 pound gain today. Really??? 3 pounds???? Can't be from eating, must be from TOM, but seriously!!!!

Hope everyone had a great day. Did a little shopping this morning. Target was insane!!!!

jendiet
11-27-2009, 06:09 PM
HOpe everyone had a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Well, my old monitor died, so I had to swipe my son's. I am tired and have a headache. It it is TOM for me.
I wanted to report that to my DELIGHT. I found out on Thanksgiving that I weighed 173.8 lbs! woohoo! I hope I didn't gain it back. Of course, I counted calories. I took very small portions of everything I really liked, and I don't think I overdid it. I didn't get up from the table feeling sick, just very satisfied.

please, please, please weight STAY OFF!

EZMONEY
11-27-2009, 11:39 PM

Well TEAM, yesterday wasn't a disaster on the eating but not great either. I had way too many little wieners wrapped in bacon, guac and chips and cheese wrapped in meat! Dinner was just one plate of turkey, mashed and sweet potatoes, ham, a roll and some awesome green beans my son in law made. No dessert :carrot:

We picked our two Marines up at the base at 8am then took them to breakfast. I had a mushroom and spinach omelette. We came home and visited, boy did they love our dogs and vice-versa! I thought they might sneak them back to their base...had to bribe them with the autographed Charger Girl calendars my DIL gave me to give to them ;)

We headed over to church about 11am, the boys hung out with the other 20 or so Marines that were brought by other members of our church. They got to play foosball, video and pinball games we have in the youth room, plus the huge TV.

We all had a great time...me especially :carrot: our Pastor's grandson was there...Pastor is 70 and still does great but can use a break when it comes to watching a 13 month old :D The kiddo's parents and grandma were working in the kitchen so I was the lucky one :carrot: to co-babysit. The kid can throw a football...little one...thank goodness I had a 9 yr old little girl I know well willing and able to run and get it :)

We brought them back to the house for a few hours before we took them back to base. They sat around and watched that Happy Feet cartoon....and some bike show....Angie and I visited with them but also gave them some space to just rest and nod-off. They told us they had a great time, way better than they thought they would when they signed up for it.

I have peeled almost 30 pounds of potatoes for my scalloped potato dish for church, here and another Thanksgiving we will have tomorrow at my brothers house, where my entire family will show up. MY kids, dil and sil came down to church to hang out some with the Marines and us but went to my ex wife's house to celebrate her birthday and Thanksgiving.

Angie is up at her mom's now until tomorrow night. I had to send her a picture of one of our dogs with her gardenia bush in her mouth...she pulled the whole thing out of the pot outside...:mad: She has always pulled flowers off of it but now the entire plant!

I am refusing to weigh myself until I get some miles in!...Nah...I weighed in this morning at 187 so there is hope...small hope but hope. I did get 2 miles in today, the groin pain felt good enough to try again...so far so good..just a little discomfort.

Well I will catch up with some personals later...

glad we are back in business here!

be good :)

dutchgirl
11-29-2009, 04:44 AM
hi all, sounds like everybody had a lovely Thanksgiving.
I am being domestic Goddess today, cleaning and cooking.
Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

jendiet
11-29-2009, 12:13 PM
I had a clean fest. I was starting to feel really good. Then my plans went awry. I did terrible with my eating. Today is recovery. I also found out 14 people in my class didn't do well on their care plans. Goodness. there are only 20 of us! Plus, I have a big test tomorrow.

blondebritbrat17
11-29-2009, 11:04 PM
Hey everyone! I've not posted for a bit since I've tried to post twice and it didn't go thru or I couldn't even get onto the threads page due to it being busy I guess. Sounds like every one is doing okay since it is the holiday season after all. Typical holiday stuff going on here. But back to work tomorrow then in not even 3 weeks I'm off again for the Christmas break which cannot come fast enough. I went shopping today with my mom to a fancy schmancy resale clothes shop and I had a wonderful day with her. I fit into some designer jeans that are a size 16 woot and they look very nice and were only $28 dollars which was even better :-) . I was able to find and fit into a lot of things despite some being a bit tight and I was very surprised I fit into them anyways but I'll definitely be going back! So it was a good day today despite there being some serious talk today about her health and some arrangements. Her latest tests have not come back good and the cancer is back even more so in her lungs and there is now also a spot in the brain. She will be starting treatment tomorrow and will be doing both radiation and chemo which she has not done in 3 years about so she's going to be pretty sick. It was weird today at lunch with her we ate at a chinese food restaurant and we all got fortune cookies and the sayings in them were so spot on for what's going on in our lives right now that I kept them. Usually I just throw them out or laugh at them but wow.. it was uncanny. So gotta fly guys bye!

dutchgirl
11-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Blond, I'm sorry to hear about your mom, I will pray for her and you. Wonderful that you had such a good day out with her!
Jen, How did you do on the careplan? Good luck on the test today. I know you will do great!
Gary, your Thanksgiving weekend sounded wonderful. Watch out for those weenies, though.
I am not doing well at all on the weightloss front, autumn for some reason is always difficult for me. I need to find my losin' mojo quickly though!
Have a great day everybody!

bobblefrog
11-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Morning all -

Blonde, so terribly sorry to hear about what is going on with your mom. She is in my thoughts as well. It can not be easy for you and your family. I'm glad at least that you are feeling better though. I can't offer much on the garlic as I eat it in our cooking. And I always have to make sure Rick eats it too - or I won't be getting any smooches. He says its worse when I use garlic powder rather than fresh. I know Kycolic makes a capsule you can take - not sure whether it is still effective for your stomach... Sometimes we just bake a whole head of it and smear it on crackers with chives. When baked it comes out very buttery and almost sweet. I can imagine that would be more than a week's allotment if you liked it. I love it. But we only do it when we know we won't be seeing anyone for 24 hours ;-) Here's a recipe I found online: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-garlic/Detail.aspx

EZ - Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Try not to do too much too soon though - don't want to rip those stitches out!

Dutch - How is the jewelry making class going?

mtiger - Hang in there - you have to be so frustrated with that kind of weight gain for no good reason. It is water though - it has to be!

jendiet - Congrats on the weight loss girl!!!! Woohoo Woohoo Woohoo! This is the fourth time I've tried to learn to quit, I guess like smoking I just had to keep trying until it "stuck". This time it is making sense to me finally. I need to get a crochet hook, though - I understand they are helpful for tying off...

Our Thanksgiving was quite nice - I hadn't been to this friend's house before. She's an artist and has a cabin up in the woods so it was quite charming - vaulted ceiling, woodstove, lights strung up on the porches outside the many windows, lots of lovely creative touches, there was a houseful of guests on good behavior, and a big table that she had worked her tail off to fill - for days she'd been cooking - a huge turkey, stuffing, corn dressing, brown sugared sweet potatos, thick egg noodles, potatos and yams in cream sauce, deviled eggs, rolls, gravy, salad, a cranberry sauce mold in the shape of a fish, lots of red wine, and then for desert - two types of pumpkin pie, fresh baked apple and berry tarts with an apple brandied whipped cream and french-pressed freshly ground coffee. It was so nice because as I said everyone was on good behavior - no drama and no one drank too much. We played trivial pursuit and I escaped playing with the children by washing dishes ;-)

I did get on the scale before the holiday - and had lost a lb so was happy. But not sure where I am now. Tried to walk it off doing lots of thrift store shopping over the weekend. Didn't find too much but did score a 4 foot good quality artificial tree for only $20. It had a nice surprise...when we turned on the lights last night after decorating it we discovered that the needle tufting which I thought made it look more "real" in the store, also serves to make it look like the needles are covered in snow with the white lights turned on. It really is a lovely little find. I never thought I could like an artificial tree but I'm enjoying not having to worry about watering it or cleaning up needles or even the kitten climbing it (I have it securely tied to a big box of heavy book).

That's about it for me! Hugs and best wishes for a great week ahead to all...

jendiet
11-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Bobble, yumm...also what a beautiful tree. I would get right back on that scale. I was afraid after 3 days no weigh. But it is the best orientation method for weight loss!

EZ, good for you being more active, just don't bust a stitch. Did you get in trouble? Why all the spuds??? jk! lol. That's alot of potatoes. Your thanksgiving sounded fun too!

Blonde, I believe God can choose ANY way TO SPEAK to us HE chooses. Sometimes we need a "word in due season so bad" God knows what fortune cookie the waitress needs to bring you. I think if He spoke through a donkey, He can speak through a COOKIE. I don't believe in luck, superstition, or any of the like. The WORD says "a man casts the lot, but the outcome is the Lord's". So I would take that as a "love note" from a loving Creator.

You and your mom are truly in my prayers for health and healing and well being in all aspects of life. "Beloved, I pray you be in good health and prosper even as your soul prospers"

I passed my care plan. I was shocked. I made a couple mistakes, but not too bad, considering it was my first one! I also made a 96 on the test today. My teacher shocked me by stating that I was her top student, and I may be her very first A student. I thought others were doing fairly well too.

well, i am going to exercise and cook salmon for dinner. I have been having lots of headaches, so could use prayer for all of those headaches to GO AWAY. Also need knowledge of what is causing them, something I'm doing or not doing?

mtiger
11-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Nice to hear what eveyone has been up to.

Gary- Sounds like you had fun with the boys. My sons BFF is in the Navy, staioned in Cal. Wonder what he did for Thanksgiving?? It's hard for them to be away from home. So nice of you guys. Bless you!!

Brit- We are all pulling for your mom. I know it's tough. Be strong for her.

Bobble- That holiday sounds lovely. How nice.

Jen- Congrats. Nice job.

SO I am looking for some serious advice. I have not lost a thing for months now. I flux from 178ish to 181ish throughout the month, but no real loss. I eat around 1300-1400 a day and workout 30-45 min. a day, almost everyday. I do a variety of workouts. So what does anyone suggest??? Eat less, eat more, workout more???? What????

EZMONEY
11-30-2009, 09:12 PM
TEAM ~

I am here....and have been reading daily...

I am not in denial but I am disgusted with myself....nothing specific just in general with my weight...

I promise to post tomorrow with details....the freakin' sad details....

As always....you rock!

jendiet
12-01-2009, 04:52 PM
EZ...don't be so hard on yourself. Now that you figured out being out of work you need to eat less calories--you should be able to start dropping. Eat about 200 cs less. You still need lots of protein to repair. So don't cut too much.

mtiger. Do you journal? I just had a big time whoosh. my calories and exercise looked like this starting from 11-14. at 176.0 lbs. My BMR is 1585. I only count activity from actual exercise and from my pedometer. what you will see is calories consumed/ deficit for day (diet + exercise/activity)

1260cs/886 ; 1180 /958 ; 1180/1363 ;1200/1280;1185/1200;1450/435;1190/1208;1220/1165;1395/1321;1475/930;1200/730;1235/923;1505/809;1810/269 (Thanksgiving);1560/216;1830/494;1260/500;1360/773. 11-30.

I had a suprise whoosh today. I was 174.6 yesterday, and am now 171.6! I can't believe it. I hope it's not a 1 day weight! My goal for New Years is 168. I hope I can do better! so excited. But I am tired today.

mtiger
12-01-2009, 09:08 PM
So the first number is how many calories you ate. The second is calories burned through workouts. Am I right?? How do you burn 1200 or 1300 a day?? What are you doing??

Congrats on that number also!!!

jendiet
12-01-2009, 09:42 PM
lol..I don't burn 1200 with just exercise. My deficit is (BMR-Actual calories) +pedometer + workout. So if my deficit from diet alone is 385 (1585-1200). Then my deficit from the pedometer is 835 and my deficit from a workout for 40 min is 125 then that is 1345 total deficit. Do you understand now?

** to get the pedometer to 835, I have to be very busy with yard work or house cleaning, or laundry. I just try to keep moving. I also jump on the rebounder while I'm watching tv a little. Anything to get it to 800 cs which is usually 19000 steps.**

EZMONEY
12-01-2009, 10:24 PM
I am here and reading...I know I promised to post today...

I lied....

Tomorrow...I am going through my journal...checking out my Thanksgivings...

Not good folks...not good...

I promise to post my sad news (weight loss) tomorrow...

dutchgirl
12-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Just a quick hi.
Jen, you are just cooking on gas on all fronts! great numbers in the study and on the scale. Time for a treat, girl. what do you reward yourself with?
EZ, it will all start happening again for you, once you have healed up enough to get back to normal life. For now just monitor the intake.
Mindy, have you tried zig-zagging on the calories?
With me, everything is just moving along. It is ridiculously busy at work, we are getting ready for a new computer program that will completely alter the way we are working, so we are busy hammering out new procedures and trying to overthink and anticipate as much as possible the problems we might run into. On top of that we will be moving into a new building in the middle of next year and that also needs a lot of planning and anticipation. So I am really putting in the hours and the brainpower.
The jewelry making keeps me sane, I find it very relaxing. I love it. This week I hope to be doing a first simple stone setting, can't wait! I need to start getting some exercise though, my body is craving movement I think. There just aren't enough hours in a day.
Have a great day, all!

jendiet
12-02-2009, 08:18 AM
EZ, I think the surgery and all is affecting your mood. So what if Thanksgiving wasn't good. It is not going to undo all your hard work, and all the wonderful changes you and Angie have made together. I agree just monitor that intake. ..don't eat comfort food. And don't forget your body is retaining water and doing all sorts of things to REPAIR you. You will see this on the scale too. You need good sources of lean protein to help repair as well.

And we are here for you!

Dutch, I bought myself a pair of ledger shoes. They remind me of the old timey saloon girl shoes. I had to buy DS a pair of boots to march in the parade in drill, and BOGO sucked me in. They were only 12 dollars, but so cute!

I love jewelry but don't wear it. too restricting. But, making jewelry caters to my artsy side, I usually ignore, because I don't have time for it. My aunt Maureen makes jewelry and we used to make it together.

I really want to get back into crocheting again. I like to do that in the winter. I could crochet a baby blanket for my brother.

bobblefrog
12-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Good afternoon all -

EZ - I agree with Jen. Not being in your normal routine must have you down. Try to blow it off and enjoy the downtime! I know its easier to say than to do :-)

I'm in bed sick this morning - not terribly - more like I'm just hovering on the edge with a scratchy throat and the sniffles. So I'm taking care of myself. Staying inside, canceling my appointments (not that its hard - it's snowing and 16 degrees outside!) and doctoring myself with lots of vitamins, hot footbaths, herbal teas, the good ole hot acv and honey trick, and bone broth soup. And staying hydrated. I made some rosehip jam too for more C. It's easy to make if anyone has access to dried rosehips (I get them bulk at the natural grocer) you just poor them in a little pot with a lid, or jar, cover with fruit juice (apple or whatever I have on hand) and let it sit overnight. Then sweeten to taste if desired. Makes a nice tart spread.

Thought it would be a good day to catch up on work but internet was out most of the morning and the kitten is being particularly troublesome today so there's lots of OUCHes and NO KITTYs going on over here.

Diet - well - haven't been paying attention. I am trying to break my carmex addiction. That isn't fun. I have never been without my trusty pot for five years. I'm trying to use jojoba oil as an alternative to wean myself off of it. It has been three days now and while the craving for the Carmex seems to be better, my lips are still dry and chapped and now its the oil I'm constantly reaching for. Not sure I haven't traded out one thing for another or if its just going to take awhile before my lips start producing moisture again. Blech! Anyone else ever wean themselves off of lip balm?

Hugs to everyone else and WOOHOO on the woosh Jen! You go girl!

jendiet
12-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Bobble, I know it's cold, but it must be pretty. I wish some of this rain was snow! i Hope you get to feeling better. I see you have lots of good home remedies to work with.

mtiger
12-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Okay, I messed up last night. I was doing lunges in my workout when I pulled my Quad. Can you say OOOOWWWWW!!!! Couldn't walk for a few minutes. Started getting around better, finished my workout (yes, I did) very gingerly. I had 6 place to go that night. The more I walked and used it the better it started feeling. Today It feels like somone beat on my leg for a few hours. DId WATP tonight, carefully.

Here is my question about calorie cycling. Should I work out more or less on high calorie days, or low calorie days?? Or doesn't it matter??? I'm just so confused and frustrated.

Jen- I sort of get it now. Did you just get your BMR from a wwebsite?

Gary- Come on pal. You will be fine. You'll be back to your old self soon.

Dutch- Have fun with that move. Glad you found something to help release stress.

Bobble- Get feeling better.

jendiet
12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
oh no tiger. freaking owww....yes, I used a website to get my BMR. I think it was the daily plate, not sure. I hope you are feeling much better. Be very careful.

tiger to get the full effect of high calorie days, I think you should do your weight training on those days. On lower calorie days lighter exercise. On rest days. higher calories, lower activity.

dutchgirl
12-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Bobble, hope you feel better soon :getwell: Stay warm!

Jen, I don't wear a lot of jewelry either, but I love making it. It appeals to my creative side but also my tomboy techie side, I love the sawing and filing and soldering, using the tools.

Mindy, ouch ouch! Careful you don't overdo things for a bit, give it time to heal.

I have been fairly good on the food front this week and got up a bit earlier this morning and did 20 minutes freestep on the Wii, so I am feeling virtuous.
I very much need to get into an exercise routine again. Again, there are not enough hours in the day...

EZ, hang in there fella, when you are healed you will get back to doing things:hug:

Stay (or get) healthy, team