30-Somethings - 30 Somethings Weekend Chat 10/17-10/18

mortonpixie
10-17-2009, 10:29 AM
:carrot: Welcome to the weekend! :carrot:

I am nice and sore this morning from Jillian Micheals kicking my butt yesterday on the old 30 day shred. I am not as sore as I would have thought. Turns out not exercising (except power walking) for a year has made me pretty fluffy...:o

Last night was the 3rd and final night of baby boy sleeping with me and DH on the couch. I think my snoring and tossing and turning woke him up more than anything. I can't stand DH on the couch - it sucks. But I waver, because Cameron is only 5mo old and he just wants to nurse and be next to Momma.

Well, I'm off to the grocery store. I put some rye bread in the bread machine, and had oatmeal for breakfast. I put some dried cranberries and chopped pecans on there with some skim milk. Not the same as syrup and brown sugar, but still okay. I might try to Shred again today...we'll see how this old lady holds up! :dizzy:

What's your plans for the weekend, chicks?

willa
10-17-2009, 10:01 PM
I slept super late (10 am lolll) and I did a soup with my turkey leftover

Then we (me and my man) went at the restaurant for my mother's b-day, I did good on the food but on the wine maybe not hahaha

My man bought me high heels yesterday, my god... it's such a pain to walk in these... o_0

How do they do? I mean... the girls who wear this regulary?

Violin Jenn
10-18-2009, 03:16 PM
My man bought me high heels yesterday, my god... it's such a pain to walk in these... o_0

How do they do? I mean... the girls who wear this regulary?

I am wear heels regulary for my job, dress code is professional and I do wear flats, the trick for me is sliding my feet out of them a bit when I'm sitting down. Also wearing them with athletic socks while watching tv to stretch them a bit makes them comfy too.

Off to have Jillian Michaels kick my but in NMTZ!

willa
10-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Oh!!! thanks for the tip!
I will try to stretch them, but it mostly hurts my bones, not ripping off my skin
I don't know if I explain well... it's more the new posture that kills me

Luckily I can wear flats and jeans at the office, it's VERY laid back, mostly because no clients comes in.

SwimGirl
10-18-2009, 10:25 PM
I also haven't mastered wearing heels! I used to wear heels when I was younger with no problems, but I suspect it's the added weight I've got now. I found a realllly cute pair of pointy toe flats that look like heels, so I rely on those when I have to dress up.

mortonpixie - I am doing the 30DS as well, just started again last week, I really enjoy the results from it.. but definitely need to put on my own music to get me thru it. Last time I did it I lost like 4-5 inches off my waist in 14 days! Sooo crazy..

Jenn - forgive me.. but what's NMTZ?

willa - have you tried a wedge?

I had a really low key weekend, worked Saturday, watched a movie Sat night. And today I went grocery shopping and got a few new t-shirts. I have been seriously lacking in casual clothes. I didn't spend much, 5 shirts for 30 bucks! Gotta love a good sale!

-Aimee

mortonpixie
10-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Aimee - NMTZ is No More Trouble Zones with Jillian Michaels. You likey the Shredden, eh...well good to hear - I was so sore yesterday I could hardly squat down to help my kid on the potty! :o Loving the sale clothes - I shop consignment...brand names for less than 10 bucks oh yah!

We ran all over the place as usual today. The Hubs was nominated for a deacon position at church which is cool. I told him we are getting old - need to throw a wild party or something... ;) Went back to church for our class tonight and the lady that takes care of the little kids gave me a big dessert from Panera Bread to share with our class. Ugh. I passed!! Yayayayayay!!

So today is day 4 with no sugar or white flour. I baked some "cookies" with bran flour and splenda...might throw in a can of pumpkin to help them out next time. Everybody but our 7yr old DD liked them - and she's a skinny little pill! ;)

SwimGirl
10-18-2009, 11:52 PM
mortonpixie - I like the sounds of the video.. I would enjoy not having any more trouble zones! I haven't ever found a good consignment store, plus I really don't have the patience for hunting thru racks of clothes. I am also in the process of cutting back on sugar and white flour, I am trying to cut out bread/pasta and sugar completely.. it's hard. Very hard. Congrats on staying away from the dessert bread goodness... I don't actually know it is.. but I am craving sugar like crazy.

-Aimee