Momentum / Flex - Sample Menu

View Full Version : Sample Menu

LaurieMae
10-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Hello Ladies,

I'd really appreciate any insight you may have into my daily menu so I can get off on a good start. I often lack creativity and so I tend to eat the same things all the time and get bored. Also, I'm wondering if i'm getting in all the right foods....

B: Oatmeal (2), milk (1)
S: Apple (1)
L: Soup in a cup (4), Rice Crackers (2)
S: 2 slices WW bread (1), margarine (1), Cheese String (2)
D: 2 chicken fajtas (8)
S: Orange (1)

PTS: 23

Any advice would be SUPER appreciated! :) Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!

Redeemed
10-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Hey,

To me it looks pretty good EXCEPT I don't see any veggies-- veggies are a great for getting full and are really low in points. I would add a few servings of veggies. Have you looked at the healthy checklist?? I haven't been able to get all of my checkpoints in everyday but I try.

QuilterInVA
10-18-2009, 12:31 PM
You need a lot more veggies, more protein, and 2 teaspoons of good fat (butter doesn't count). You have to get in the 9 HGs every day. Get more variety in your food and you won't get bored and give up.

MandiK
10-21-2009, 11:44 AM
If you are eating this menu and not feeling hungry, then I don't think it's bad. If you are feeling hungry, I would probably replace the 4 point afternoon snack with a vegetable or fruit and a string cheese. I'm assuming your fajitas and soup probably had some veggies in them.

LaurieMae
10-21-2009, 12:02 PM
yeah the fajitas and soup had tons of veggies in them!

GivTLC
10-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Looks pretty good to me, but you may want to add some more protein at lunch time...perhaps some turkey or chicken....Best of luck to you!