The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - Biggest Loser Wii game

View Full Version : Biggest Loser Wii game

flpooh19701
10-15-2009, 01:27 PM
I got the biggest loser wii game this weekend and I have to say.. BOB is kicking my A$$ and that's only the light workout! My legs are sooo sore today from yesterdays workout. I hope I can make it through todays workout. :)

JustBeckyV
10-20-2009, 01:12 PM
That's great -- I have been waiting to see some reviews before I got the game.

ArmyWife02
10-23-2009, 11:31 AM
I've seen that Jillian has also come out with a 2010 Ultimatum for the wii - hope it's better than the 2009.

I def want to try the BL wii game - think it'd be a great addition to my WATP dvd workouts. I recently bought the new Wii Fit Plus - and I love it so much better than the original - more games and challenges. I spent an hour on it my first day doing all the new stuff - i was so sore afterwards ;)
I love watching the BL - it's so motivating!

McKenziesmomma
11-02-2009, 01:51 PM
I have a question about this....I was thinking about getting this....but I was wondering how is the "game" different from just doing a workout video???

Hun.e.B
11-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Do you need to have the wii fit platform thingy for the BL wii game

ArmyWife02
11-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I dont think so, I saw the ad on tv with Bob - and said it was board compatible - which means it's not required.
my mom found an ad for target - they have a wii fit plus and balance board with the BL game and cookbook and 1 month free trial to the BL club website for $137 - which is a great deal.
also - kmart has the BL wii game on sale for only $19.99 (its normally twice that price). my kmart doesnt have it in stock-so my mom is going to check her kmart (since we live in separate states).

Hun.e.B
11-02-2009, 08:26 PM
hmmm...so that kinda sounds like maybe its better if you do have the board but not required. I'll have to check our Kmart!

ActiveKid13
11-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I have played wii fit a bunch and its pretty good, but I'm looking forward to this game to see if its a little more intense. I hope it is. I do sooo many Jillian Michaels workouts on Exercise TV and they are really rewarding and difficult. Hopefully the video game can be another outlet.

Cglass
11-09-2009, 08:45 PM
I just bought the Wii Fit Plus, the Wii Console, an extra controller and nukchuk thingie and the BL game, all for a mere 425 bucks! Zowie. But I have done it 2 days in a row and am sore all over. I have about 60 pounds to drop so I am hoping this will get me going in the right direction. I do love my little animated Bob, he is just so cute!

Donna~~

ArmyWife02
11-09-2009, 08:51 PM
my mom was able to buy the BL Wii game at her Kmart for the 19.99. so I'm thrilled...she said she'd try to get it mailed this week ;) So for now I'm working out using the new Wii Fit Plus I got (its awesome, if I stick to the aerobics and new trainings I can burn 1100 calories in 75-100 minutes) :) Hope the BL game is as promising. ;)

hcl777
11-15-2009, 05:00 PM
I've seen that Jillian has also come out with a 2010 Ultimatum for the wii - hope it's better than the 2009.

According to this review of Jillian Michaels' 2010 version of her Wii game (http://www.nutwiisystem.com/blog/2009/11/jillian-michaels-fitness-ultimatum-2010.html), it's not worth your time. With top-quality fitness games like Wii Fit Plus, EA Sports Active, and The Biggest Loser out, there's no reason to go with a substandard piece of programming, unless you are a fanatical Jillian Michaels fan.

Personally, I think the new version of EA Sports Active will be the way to go. The controls are spot-on, and the exercises are pretty fun.

ArmyWife02
11-15-2009, 06:36 PM
well my mom just bought me the BL game, but hasn't shipped it out to me yet. So hope it's a good one ;) I love the fit plus ;) i had the Active, but wasn't using it much, so i sold it on ebay. but now see they have a Active More Exercises game, was wondering about getting that game - just hope i wont need the original to enjoy the latest game.....might rent it when i have time. have been working on a quilt for hubby all weekend - trying to get it done and mailed to him to enjoy while it's cold in iraq before he comes home in Jan. :)

RockyMtnGirl
12-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I keep debating about which Wii exercise program to get and I'm thinking BL might be the one to get!

mulder1921
12-15-2009, 10:21 PM
I will probably get that one next. I just got the EA sports and love it.

Loving Me
12-26-2009, 10:44 AM
I got the Biggest Loser game for Christmas and can't wait until tomorrow when I'll have the first chance to try it out.
I've only had the Wii Fit Game so far and find it a pain to keep going back and forth between the sections so hoping the BL game is good. I LOVE the BL show so am really hoping it's useful.

Sarby
12-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Target has Wii games on sale, Half off. I just bought my copy of The Biggest Loser for $19.95! So excited to get started and happy to find it for only $20 after reading this thread and thinking I missed out on the sale at Kmart.
So, go look for it at your store! :)

Angel26519
12-27-2009, 08:35 PM
On wii fit if you customize a work out you dont have to go back to the main screen to go to the next....

I havent got the BL yet but that is my next purchase!

Ama Jen
12-30-2009, 12:50 AM
I just purchased this today (from Target online, thanks Sarby!). I also have Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus, but I'm not crazy about either one :/ I'm looking forward to this one!

tinabinab
12-30-2009, 03:16 PM
My Target was out of them, and online was showing it for $39 for some reason. Luckily I found it for $19 at BestBuy.com. I did store pickup, so I'll be picking it up and getting started with it tonight. We just got our Wii last week and so far I haven't been that impressed with the Wii Fit Plus. It's fun to play with, but I don't feel like I am seriously burning as many calories as it says. I'm looking for something that is a little more like a real workout tape; I hope this is it. :)

JustPeachy
12-31-2009, 01:36 PM
I just did mine today for the first time and the light workout was challenging!!! There is also a recipe and tips section and I am looking forward to trying those recipes out!! They looked yummy!!!

maryshady
01-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Just bought mine off of Bestbuy.com. Thanks Tina! Will pick it up tomorrow

mareneli
01-02-2010, 11:39 AM
If you don't live near a BestBuy, shipping is only $3, so with the $19.99 game that's only $23. Not bad. I got mine for Christmas and am about to pop it in for the first time. Yay!

maryshady
01-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Do I need a remote for each person playing the game?

alhiser
01-02-2010, 06:10 PM
I just got mine today, and IDK what to think about it yet. The workouts are interesting and challenging, but you play as one of the BL characters. It would be nice to be able to 'make yourself' on there... i was also under the impression that it would keep track of calories burned... am i missing something?

getting_smaller
01-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Jillian just kicked my ***. It's very challenging.:o

Sarby
01-03-2010, 03:41 PM
OMG the light exercise kicked my butt. My quads were so sore I could barely get up the stairs. I think I don't have enough room to do some of the exercises properly though. I def need to stretch more as well!
I thought I saw someone say the calories were tracked too, but I haven't looked to find that in the game yet.

Mommato2
01-04-2010, 01:52 AM
I am super excited to get the BL game!

ArmyWife02
01-04-2010, 02:22 AM
i did my first workout a few hours ago...it was good. cant wait to try another one tomorrow ;) also using the Your Shape game too. Tomorrow will be my first time trying the LCW workout dvd.....i'm sure i'll be soaking in a tub to ease the muscles tomorrow. LOL :)

babygrant
01-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I looooove the exercises on the Biggest Loser game.

I'm having a little issue though. I chose my player to be Ali. So I did my first weigh in today and it pops up on the screen that I'm 211 lbs, which is down 3 lbs but on the weigh in screen behind Ali's character it said starting weight was 235 and was down to 230! Why does that not reflect my weight??? I found that to be really dumb.

time2lose
01-05-2010, 12:46 PM
I just checked online at Target and Best Buy and they have the Wii BL game for $39.99. I must have missed the sale. :(

I am going to stop by Kmart on my way home. Maybe they will have it in stock.

Ole Miss Ang
01-05-2010, 01:04 PM
We got BL and Wii Fit Plus for Christmas. I tried BL yesterday and Bob almost killed me! I lasted about 6 minutes on the beginner workout before I had an asthma attack and had to stop. Today I tried Wii Fit Plus and it was much better for my fitness level at the moment. I only chose the easiest exercises, but they were still challenging for me. I'm already sore! I'm looking forward to the day when I can make it through an entire Biggest Loser workout!

nelie
01-05-2010, 01:13 PM
I really like the Biggest Loser Wii but think the 2010 Jillian wii workout sucks. You also don't need the platform for the Biggest Loser Wii and I find it distracting sometimes. I was able to get it on sale but I wouldn't pay $39 for it.

Costco has the Wii Fit plus for $35 right now but I think I have enough things to keep me busy for the moment.

babygrant
01-05-2010, 03:23 PM
WOOOO! I just finished the 37 minute full box workout plus the 9 minute cooldown. WOW. Ouch. Woo! I managed to do about 30 secons of plank.....but couldn't hold it after that. Instead of quitting I did the rest of the 30 seconds with a modified plank (on knees). I'm loving this!

time2lose
01-05-2010, 08:59 PM
I had to go to 2 Kmarts but I found the game for $19.99! I came home and did a light workout with Bob. I had trouble with some of the positions but it was not enough cardio. I will try a different workout tomorrow.

Turning30
01-06-2010, 04:24 PM
I got mine last weekend and have done 3 workouts so far--all felt great. I really feel like I get a better workout than with the Wii Fit Plus (although I love the boxing on the Wii Fit Plus!).
I do have one question though--does anyone else feel like the number of calories that it says you've burned seems low?

babygrant
01-06-2010, 07:35 PM
I got mine last weekend and have done 3 workouts so far--all felt great. I really feel like I get a better workout than with the Wii Fit Plus (although I love the boxing on the Wii Fit Plus!).
I do have one question though--does anyone else feel like the number of calories that it says you've burned seems low?

YES! I worked my buns off toay and it says "Congratulations, you burned 53 calories today!". I was like....WHAT?!?!?!?!?! :devil:

kathyhegg
01-07-2010, 10:09 PM
I agree. The calories burned do seem really low. Half of what you would think really. In the same time on Wii active you evidently burn twice as many calories.

babygrant
01-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Ok, why did whoever created the game make it so whenever it shows Jillian facing straight on and she does a squat, it looks like she has a penis? Anyone else notice that? :o

JessiHarri
01-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Babygrant, I am going to have to play it today just to check that out! I think she looks like Paula Abdul in the game. She is so annoying but maybe because she just blurts out random crap throughout. I am normally a huge JM fan.

I agree the calories are way off! WTH 30 minutes for 47 cals? No way. I do like the game and think it is a great workout but it could be better. It seems like they release these games without even testing them on real people. There are so many things that bug me about it!

CyndiM
01-10-2010, 05:38 PM
I've noticed the calories just seem to stop adding sometimes, not sure what the sensor is looking for. Is anyone else having trouble following the workout? I'll be on the floor doing something and suddenly realize she is describing something else. There aren't good cues to move from one exercise to another when I'm not looking at the screen. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.

babygrant
01-10-2010, 09:22 PM
I've noticed the calories just seem to stop adding sometimes, not sure what the sensor is looking for. Is anyone else having trouble following the workout? I'll be on the floor doing something and suddenly realize she is describing something else. There aren't good cues to move from one exercise to another when I'm not looking at the screen. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.

LOL. Yes, with the exercise where you are on hands and knees and have to push your leg out and in along with your arm, I was doing that and was thinking GEEZ, enough already! I peeked up and realized they were holding the pose. LOL.

Noeys
01-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Hmm I played once and wasnt a fan, but I think its cause it had me do a boring workout? It had me do yoga for my first workout, and it was so boring I havent wanted to play again. heheheee! I however LOVE playing hula hoop and flying chicken on my wii fit plus LMAO!

Kirjava
01-14-2010, 09:07 AM
I tried my sister-in-law's Biggest Loser game over Christmas, and we agreed that the difficulty level of even the beginner exercises could cause some people to quit before they even give it a chance. My sister-in-law is reasonably in shape after losing 52lbs and getting down to 128, and even she was sweating and struggling to finish.

I didn't like it that much, but I only did one circuit and my spatial orientation is poor so I always have trouble figuring out which leg or arm they want me to move... I mean, is it a mirror, do I pretend like I'm behind them and move the opposite leg...? When I get used to these kinds of games I enjoy them, but I just felt so stupid constantly moving the wrong leg or arm, and I found it hard to keep with the rhythm on a lot of them. With the jumping jacks, I was doing so good and then suddenly I was a beat or two behind and then way off. I might not have felt so stupid except I was doing it all in front of my mom, sister-in-law, and brother. If I was alone maybe it would have been fine.

I actually like Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 2010. I own it, so I've had a chance to get used to the exercises. The lower body circuit is insane! It just keeps going and going and the number of reps is out of this world.

If someone bought me The Biggest Loser, I'd play it, but I don't think I'd buy it with my own money.

jgray321
01-15-2010, 12:21 PM
I decided to give this game a try, but I wanted to make sure I liked it first so I got it on gamefly. I have over 100 pounds to lose, so I figured the game would be a good match for me and really work on the areas that I need to work to kickstart my weightloss. So far I'd say it's working! I was able to keep up fairly well, but the 'light' is kicking my butt which tells me I'm WAAAAAAY out of shape! LOL But I like the encouraging cheery tone from Bob and Jillian and just knowing they've helped people just like me lose the kind of weight i have to lose makes me motivated to try harder. I'd love to start a forum here with others who are using the game to get into shape and who have a lot to lose too. I think it would be so encouraging for all of us. What do you think?

tulula3
01-15-2010, 05:08 PM
I got the game for Christmas too and I've done various exercises a few times and I'm sweating... and then the calories it shows seem really low! Doesn't make me feel so great in the end seeing that!

It doesn't add up to me as the active trainer wii games which has the leg strap, etc and it shows me having burned double or triple to what it might show for the BL game and I feel the same in the end.

Another thing I notice is that the exercises after going through a circuit, Bob (who's my selected trainer on it) stops talking about when to switch between the different exercises. When you're doing the floor exercises and can't look up, that would help! Here's me DYING holding a plank position and wondering when can I drop to the floor! haha

rachael
01-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Yes, I hate that they don't talk you through the second or third circuit. So irritating. I also don't like the weigh in. It keeps me on schedule, though, and I generally think it's a good workout.