Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #1  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Angry Stuck!!

I think I'm stuck. No, I know I'm stuck. For the past 3 months I've consistently weighed 162 lbs. The last few weeks I've been making some serious changes, trying to wiggle free of that overbearing number. Guess what? I started losing. Or at least I thought I started losing. I went down to 159, then shortly after, 158, last week I weighed in at 157.8! Which would be great, if I hadn't skyrocketed right back up to 159 where I now sit. I don't get it. I've been eating right, I've been working out, but my progress.. well, there just isn't any! I feel like I take one step forward, and then two steps back. My GF thinks it may be related to my .. *cough* "constipation". I am unable to go on a regular basis, which I also don't understand as I think I eat a good amount of fiber. Any ideas? Please, help.
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

How precisely and accurately are you tracking your calories and what level are you at? How consistent have you been with that calorie count? Any days off whatsoever?

As for the constipation - do you drink LOTS of water along with that fiber? Are you getting in a decent amount of healthy fats? Are you exercising?

Maybe a little more insight into the situation would give up a clearer picture and we can get you ummm, moving again. On both counts.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #3  

Hey,
I'm not sure why that is, but I have had the EXACT same problem and am at around the same weight now. I am stuck despite my careful diet and frequent exercise. I am going to start Atkins in order to try to kickstart this next phase of weight loss. I know it is strongly recommended for that as it is a big change of diet for most people. Care to join me?
annieheiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #4  
Fighting to be Fit

I haven't been religiously recording my calories like I used to, but I do keep track of what I eat and make up a mental count in my head throughout the day. I usually stay between 1400-1600 calories/day. I do have the occasional high or low day; for instance last week I had a day where I consumed 1800 calories, and then just yesterday I only had 1200 calories. I.. can't really say how much water I've been drinking. Perhaps the problem is I'm not drinking enough? But I do believe I'm getting a good amount of healthy fats (a little olive oil, and on more days than not an egg or two). I'm exercising 5 days a week. I take a 2-4mile walk most days, and then alternate between a strength training routine, a stationary bike, and kickboxing. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it's more than I've been able to do in a long time due to injury.

annie: I'd love to do Atkins with you, but I believe that's the diet where you eat a high amount of meat proteins, and small amount of carbs. I'm not sure that would work for me, as I'm Pescetarian (the only meat I eat is organic wild caught salmon on occasion), and I'm pretty sure my body depends on the carbs I eat throughout the day. However, I'd like to wish you the best of luck. I hope we can both get out of this rut we're in, SOON!

Last edited by UrthWurm; 10-14-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I suggest you track those calories faithfully, every lick, bite, and crumb. You bite it, you write, being ever mindful of correct portion sizes. I'm wondering if perhaps you're consuming more calories then you suspect. You may get conflicting advice on this, but I would say instead of going 1400 - 1600 calories, I'd stick to that 1400 calorie count. You're not that large (yay!) and it IS going to be harder to create that much needed calorie deficit. 1600 may just be too high for you at this point. And then there's always the option of increasing your exercise.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:57 PM   #6  
Fighting to be Fit

Okay, I found a calorie calculator online and this is what I figured out. I need 2060.9 calories per day to maintain my current weight without exercise. If I eat 1400 calories per day, I will have an average deficit of 660.9 calories/day, or 4626.3 in a week. If 3500 calories = 1lb, then I should be able to lose roughly 1.3lbs a week, without exercise. At least according to what that website said. I'm going to give it a try and see if I can't make my body start burning again. Thank you for the help.