Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #1  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Lightbulb Ring Size Changes

How have you dealt with wearing rings or other jewelry that just doesn't fit the same anymore?

My wedding ring and another ring I wear all the time turn constantaly lol It drives me crazy but I don't want to not wear then and it's too early to have them resized.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

You can wrap a little bitty piece of tape around the palm-side of the ring to help it fit more snugly. I'm just happy that I can WEAR my engagement ring again. I had to take it off for about 8 months because my fingers were to fat for it.

Last edited by Rebound; 10-14-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I have a habit of turning my wedding ring around on my finger so I like it a little lose. I can now fit it around my second finger (my fattest other than my thumb), so I can imagine how good you feel that your jewelry is loose now!

Go you!!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #4  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

My wedding ring has gotten very loose. It can fit on every single one of my fingers now (my thumb included!). I'm going to get some of those little things you put on the backs of them to hold them on snugly. I read you can get them at wal-mart cheap and they are suppose to be more comfortable then tape.

But I LOVE it! I sit around slipping in on and off and twisting it all the time now, it's like a little reminder of how much I've lost seeing as it barely fit (to tight) for awhile there.
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I can't wear my wedding set anymore. I'm down 2 ring sizes (which is a bit annoying, since I'm only down 1 clothing size). I get skin infections if I use tape or string to resize a ring, and the ring sizers I bought from Walmart (plastic rubber) were driving me nuts (though they ARE super cheap, and are more comfortable than tape or string - something like $2.00 for several sizes in a single package. Maybe 5 sizers or so. Ask in the jewelry department, if you can't find them).

I didn't like going ringless, (I guess enjoy - as my husband calls it - "being tagged"), and I was afraid of losing it, so, I bought an inexpensive plain band. Now IT'S starting to get loose, and I've lost it around the house a couple times.

I've decided I want something a little more elaborate for my next "intermediary" wedding ring, and have found some really nice simple bands and even cubic zirconia wedding sets for under $30. Gold-plating is find since I should have the weight off before the plating wears off - and then will be able to get my original wedding set resized.

Last edited by kaplods; 10-14-2009 at 11:47 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

My wedding ring had gotten loose and I had gotten into the habit of taking it off once in a while since it was slightly annoying. But I hadn't gotten to the point of completely putting it aside yet. Yesterday, I discovered I wasn't wearing it, without remembering when I last took it off, and I haven't found it yet. I hope it turns up!

So, I suggest that you just put it aside until you are ready to get it resized. And congrats on the weight loss!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

If you can get some of the green, floral tape, it works well and isn't sticky or bulky like regular tape.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Buy a smaller ring and then put your wedding ring on then this new smaller one- it might keep your other ring from moving.

I notice now my wedding ring has gone from too tight to now it fits perfectly- I don't have to struggle to take it off/put it on- it's amazing!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #9  

Depending on the cost of your wedding ring, it might be a wise idea to tuck it away in a jewelry box. Or, if you purchased the ring at a professional jeweler, see if they had a lifetime warranty. It might cover ring resizing.
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #10  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

I've had mine resized twice from 9.25 to 8 to 7. We bought some kind of lifetime coverage and resizing is included for free. The jeweler said you can resize it a bunch of times it's not going to cause any harm. My husband had his resized, had to pay for his but I'm sure it was under $30.
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #11  
Workin' It

I just had mine resized yesterday, actually. I might need to go down another .25 size, I had it sized to a 4 but it is still kind of loose. They didn't have a sizer for 3.75 so I was afraid to go that route right off the bat. I'm supposed to wear it for a few days and see, if it is too big they'll take it down the rest of the way. We bought both rings at D. Gellar & Sons and they have lifetime resizing. My band has a pattern on it, but can still be made a little smaller. Can't go bigger though, without putting in plain metal inside the finger. One more reason to maintain!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I am worried about my diamonds being switched which is why I haven't done mine.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #13  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I had my jeweler put in the little metal balls, it resized my ring from an 8 3/4 to a 7 1/4, so that helped a whole lot. I was terrified of it falling off, so now it's snug again.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Mine can't be resized-diamonds all the way around-but my engagement ring can and that'll keep it on. Luckily my ring size only changed about .25-.5 of size even with about 40 lbs gained
vmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I found mine! I've moved it to another finger that it fits on and I am wearing a different ring on my ring finger for now.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote