Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #1  
Wishes I could be a cat!

S/C/G: 249/241/150

Height: 5'2

Default This week is not good.

I am on vacation this week. We got here to WV on Friday, and we are leaving this coming Saturday. There are so many family birthdays a picnics this week and let me tell you. I tired SO hard. Did not last to long though. The cakes, the breads, the candy. Ugh. I did not have any soda though.

I just do not know how I am going to do it this week. There is no gym around here and I am not comfortable going for a walk/run by myself around here, and no one really wants to go with me...

My MIL is going to be cooking the meals. Like last night she made homemade pizza. I feel bad to just not eat it and make my own food (plus her pizza ROCKS!!!).

Should I just enjoy my vacation??? I am not sure what to do!
momto3kittiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #2  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Hey if you used to drink a lot of soda, like I did, then skipping that part alone is a huge accomplishment! I would just watch portion control while you are there and try to hold back as much as you can, then hit it full force when you get back home. Meanwhile, at least do some floor exercises or something, some stretches, jumping jacks, situps. Don't end your vacation Life doesn't end just because you are trying to lose weight
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My advice would be portion control and pick your splurges. Who is to say that you can't have pizza but how about making a salad and having a single slice of pizza?

Or if you are at a gathering, pick 1 'treat' to have.

My trick is also eat lighter during the day or whenever you aren't at a social event. If dinner is expected to be big, eat a very light breakfast and lunch. If you are going to an afternoon picnic, eat a light breakfast and dinner.

Also, I'm not sure why you don't feel comfortable walking but sometimes you 'just do it'. You could also do various things like do some body weight exercises such as squats, lunges, pushups, etc. You could also run in place.

You can certainly enjoy yourself but does enjoy yourself really mean eating a lot? Enjoy the company, enjoy the place and even enjoy the food but try to moderate yourself. You will probably enjoy it a lot more when you get back home and the scale isn't where it was a few weeks ago.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I agree with nelie
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #5  
Wishes I could be a cat!

S/C/G: 249/241/150

Height: 5'2

Thank you. I have very bad anxiety which is why I will not go running or walking outside alone. I am to fearful for that. So many things could happen if I am alone.

Thanks for all the advise though!!
momto3kittiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #6  
yoovie

I eat anything I want. I just eat smaller bits of the bad stuff and gigantic portions of fruit, etc.

If I need chocolate, then I need chocolate. If I need pizza, then I need pizza. If I deny myself everything I love, then I'll snap and eat everything in sight. So I nibble. Sometimes I nibble 5 times in one day right before TOM but then I probably won't nibble for 3 weeks.

It all balances out.

Moderation in everything, including moderation.