Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #1  
Student of the Hoof

Default Returning to the coop, so to speak.

My name is Marian, and I used to post here a LOT about 6 years ago. With the help of people here, FitDay, and my own determination, I lost around 45 pounds. Well... *sigh* It's baaaack.

I weigh only 4 pounds less than when I started in January of 2003. It took me over a year to lose that 45 pounds.

I changed careers from a very sedentary type job to an intensely physical one, and figured that would be enough to offset my eating. I stopped watching my food, and the pounds slowly started creeping back on.

I attributed the gain at first to muscle, and to give myself some credit, there is definitely something to that. However, I'm at 214 now, and I'm sorry, but that's not all muscle, dear.

I had my birthday a couple days ago, realized in one year I'm going to be 50, and came to the conclusion I really, REALLY don't want to hit 50 as overweight as I am.

It's time for me to start watching my food again. Things have changed, and I'm not sure how many calories I'll need, or how I'm going to fit in my aerobic stuff, but I need to figure it out. I started today again with FitDay, so hopefully that will get my focus back on what I'm stuffing into my face.

I would like very much to lose about 60 pounds. I'm short, only about 5'3", but I do carry a huge amount of muscle because of my job (I trim horse hooves for a living). I want to be realistic. If at 160 I'm still fat, I'll try to lose more, but for now I think that's a reasonable goal. I want to try very hard to lose it before my 50th birthday.

So that is my re-introduction, I look forward to reading posts and getting to know people again.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome back, RavenToy. I have lost these pounds before as well...sigh...at least we know we CAN do it!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #4  
Each day is a victory!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Back! I am new here, but already I am really motivated by the success stories and just seeing I'm not alone in this struggle. I too am short, and do not foresee growing three more feet to accommodate all this weight, so I am just going to work it off! I have been randomly posting on here for a few days and look forward to meeting people I can keep in touch with for motivation and track weight loss progress! So if you are looking for a WL buddy, feel free to PM! I know you will be successful and I can't wait to be checking out your after pics!
KaCee J is offline   Reply With Quote