UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/175

Height: 5"5

Default Hello

Must be nearly 2 yrs since I was on here last. Can't recall log in details so new account. If Veggie still on here - hi - was knightleigh last time!

Following 2 strokes Feb and Mar 2008 and then diagnosis of MS 2008 I regained the 2 st I'd lost and gained an extra 2! I'm still struggling to exercise due to mobility and balance issues. Managed to break my ankle in Aug this year getting off the sofa!! So had that to contend with. To date I have lost 2st2lbs!!! Due to the meds I am on for my MS and HBP and musn't forget the newly gained asthma!! I am on xenical as well. I am medically retired.

So I find myself here again looking to renew the support network I had before when losing weight. Had oral surgery last week so recovering from that at the mo. Am hoping to get my exercise stuff of my ex soon and then attempt to get back on it. Oh yes, have left the hubby since I was last here as well - only been 3 mths but am loving living on my own - well with my dog.

Leigh
keira74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

Hello and welcome (back)

How's your ankle now? How much damage did you do? I broke my ankle August last year - fib, tib and bone at back and needed surgery (1 plate with 7 screws one side, 2 screws the other) - was a nigthmare and still causes problems now though it's completely healed. Hope your ankle is better now - I know only too well how difficult a broken ankle is. I am managing to exercise daily but it's painful still.

Sounds like you have a lot of obsticles to weight loss but I'm sure you can do it. Yoru starting weight is similar to mine Don't leave this time!
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #3  

Thanx - I managed to break my ankle in 3 places eek! Am extra careful now when I get off sofa. It was my left ankle and my left side is my weak side, am awaiting referral for bone scan as in 12mths broke me left big toe, left ankle and left thumb!! Ankle twinges a bit. I'm not able to walk far due to the MS - wheelchair for distances. I need to lose weight to improve my MS. And I won't be leaving 3FC this time!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #4  

Hi I think I remember you! I was either peacock 2 or peahen - something to do with peacocks anyway!!

Good luck in the weight loss, you certainly have an incentive. I only have a bit of rheumatism in the knees but they do suffer with the extra weight. You would think I would do something about it.........
Peacock Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #5  

Hi Peacock - yeah I remember you.

Well since my last post I have lost another 7lbs bringing my total to 2st 9lbs. Just another 3lb before I go down into a new stone. Had a sort out of my clothes and I've gone down a size in my jeans And my tops are feeling baggy so put loads up for sale and bought some smaller stuff.

Keira
Old 11-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 154/140/ undecided 129ish ?

Height: 5.6

Welcome back I am sure you will continue well on your weight loss journey even with the barriers that are in your way *hugs* also have an epic ...as obviously he is truely motivational win!
makelovenotwarcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

Welcome back!
Why don't you join in on the New You in November thread....we have been running monthly challenges for the last while, and it seems to help everyone!!
Ellie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/170

Height: 5" 10'

Hiya,
I'm just getting back into the swing of things too after being away from 3FC for a while, in which time I put weight back on (lesson learnt!)

Sounds like you've had a hard time of it, but are doing really well. Looking forward to hearing about your successful weightloss story
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote