Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Default Good enough???

I'm getting close to the goal I set for myself of 125lbs....I'm actually about 16lbs away. And I feel myself sort of slacking. From reading on here, I think it's probably pretty normal, but it scares me. I'm getting so many compliments on my weight loss, and it feels great. I am by no means perfect, and actually I'm still considered "overweight" based on all the charts for my height/weight. But I'm feeling great...SO SO SO much better than I was. I'm starting to think it's "good enough". This is dangerous thinking for me. I at least want to get within the range of normal on my weight.

Anyone else feel this way or have experience with this??? It's getting harder to motivate myself. Also, weight loss is slower the closer I get to my goal.
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

I had trouble motivating myself when I was in the 150s, about 5-10 pounds from my original goal. I decided to maintain for awhile and get used to my body. After several months, I cut back on my portions somewhat another 15 pounds.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well let me ask you this. Are you willing to settle for better when best is within your reach?

You've come so far and I'm sure your life has changed drastically. But come now. No settling. You didn't start this baby just to stop short of the goal line, now did you? Bring this baby home.

I know for me, I started out at such a high weight and boy was I feeling marvelous waaaaaay before hitting goal, but just because I had started out so high, did that mean that I was not entitled to have and be the very, very BEST? Nu-uh. I had settled for second best for 20+ years. I was done with that. I wanted it ALL.

Healthier is wonderful, but healthi-est is even better. And let's face it. It's not like you can just STOP what you're doing anyway. It's not like you can go back to your old eating habits, the ones that got you to be that 205 lbs. Maintenance is really no different then losing. For me, it's just an occasional splurge every now and then. So, you might as well shoot for the stars. You deserve it!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/208/160

Height: 5'9"

I always think pretty enough because I get alot of attention from men when I am thin and it makes me uncomfortable. I hope this time I am mature enough to be able to deal with it and to know that my sweet husband desires a hot wife instead of the cow he has been married to for almost 10 years.
DanaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think this one is hard for others to advise you about YOU. We can only tell you how we made our own decisions.

I never went into this looking to be thin or a "normal" weight. I wanted to reclaim my life without my weight and fitness being excuses to sit on the sidelines. I loved how I look and felt in the low 170s, and would like to get back there, but I don't think I want to do what it takes to get into a "normal" weight. I feel every day I am no longer morbidly obese is a wonderful accomplishment, and would like to get back to "overweight."

But that's just me, and I might well be in a minority here.

I do think that what you're feeling is very very common. And it really requires you to think hard about what YOU want for yourself.

Congrats on your loss so far!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Well let me ask you this. Are you willing to settle for better when best is within your reach?

You've come so far and I'm sure your life has changed drastically. But come now. No settling. You didn't start this baby just to stop short of the goal line, now did you? Bring this baby home.

I know for me, I started out at such a high weight and boy was I feeling marvelous waaaaaay before hitting goal, but just because I had started out so high, did that mean that I was not entitled to have and be the very, very BEST? Nu-uh. I had settled for second best for 20+ years. I was done with that. I wanted it ALL.

Healthier is wonderful, but healthi-est is even better. And let's face it. It's not like you can just STOP what you're doing anyway. It's not like you can go back to your old eating habits, the ones that got you to be that 205 lbs. Maintenance is really no different then losing. For me, it's just an occasional splurge every now and then. So, you might as well shoot for the stars. You deserve it!!!
Thanks, rockinrobin! I think this is really what I need to hear. Thank you for taking the time to post it!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote