Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default why am i suddenly obsessed with food?

dieting had gotten pretty habit for me, occasionally id have a day or two where all i could think about was when i was eating next, but then it would pass. for the past, id say, week and half ive been TOTALLY obsessed! all i want to do is eat and all i think about is what and when im going to next. i was a little more lax than usual last week (gained 1 lb) but this week ive been keeping it between 1200 and 1350 calories. im managing to not give in but its been REALLY tough!!

on a side note, my son has been on vacation with his dad for 10 straight days. also, ive been feeling crappy and running a fever for like the past week. im a student and stay at home mom, do you think its just the boredom with my little one gone? or the illness? or is something else going on?

the idea of this not passing and having to fight it for the rest of my journey is scaring me!

Last edited by juliastl27; 10-11-2009 at 12:55 AM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:09 AM   #2  
SWMBO

S/C/G: 287/258/169

Height: 5'9

I'd put my money on hubby/son gone = change in routine.

Just my .02.
sherrybwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:48 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh yeah, I'd say it's the change in routine. It can definitely throw one for a loop. You've just got to plan out those times even more so. Not only your food, but you might want to plan out your activities as well. Map out an entire days schedule. Keep yourself busy, busy, busy and not thinking about food.

I've had times like that and I'd think, oh no, am I back there again? But then thankfully it passes and I'm back in the groove again. Ahhh - relief. You'll get that invincible feeling back again. Staying on plan faithfully - FAITHFULLY for 3 days usually does it for me.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
dieting had gotten pretty habit for me, occasionally id have a day or two where all i could think about was when i was eating next, but then it would pass. for the past, id say, week and half ive been TOTALLY obsessed! all i want to do is eat and all i think about is what and when im going to next. i was a little more lax than usual last week (gained 1 lb) but this week ive been keeping it between 1200 and 1350 calories. im managing to not give in but its been REALLY tough!!

on a side note, my son has been on vacation with his dad for 10 straight days. also, ive been feeling crappy and running a fever for like the past week. im a student and stay at home mom, do you think its just the boredom with my little one gone? or the illness? or is something else going on?

the idea of this not passing and having to fight it for the rest of my journey is scaring me!
This EXACT thing happened to me when my father went on a vacation for a week recently. I had finally gotten used to him living here again, so I had fallen into a routine of spending more time in my room than the rest of the house because he usually controls the tv in the living room. Well, the entire time I vegged out in front of the TV and watched movies in the middle of the night, and was completely FIXATED on eating- what I was eating, when I would be eating next, etc. As soon as he came back, though, I was fine again and only remembered to ate if my grumbling stomach reminded me to. It's bizarre.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #5  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Thanks so much for the answers, my son came back today and I'm already feeling a bit more in control. I guess extreme BOREDOM can lead to a lot of unnecessary eating and thinking about eating.

It's so hard when you lose that feeling of "invincibility" as robin put it, where you feel like you cant go wrong and you're so on plan. I was scared it would never come back! Now I'm thinking it was just the change in routine so hopefully I'll be back on track soon!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote