Old 10-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Here ya go girls

well I'm upping intake....

Breakfast: Apple, pear, 2 handful raisins
Lunch: spoon boiled trout, spoon boiled potato, 2 spoons mixed veg, tub greek yoghurt (0% fat)
Tea: beetroot, lettuce, cottage cheese, 3 rye crackers, mushrooms
snack: packet 0% fat strawberryjelly, fruit cake

I've done a half hour gym session too.

This has got to be an improvement right?
Is this now too much or nearing on enough?
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #2  
sugar is the devil

I think you need some protein for breakfast! Usually, you want you're breakfast to technically be your biggest meal of the day. The body LOVES the morning protein; I and myself have noticed that if you start with protein in the morning, you are not as hungry throughout the day.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I think everyone's different though. Breakfast is not my biggest meal of the day, I usually just have oatmeal around 7 and tea when I get to work, but then I'm eating non-stop between 11 and 3. It all depends on when you're hungry. I know people say you're supposed to do the "breakfast of a king, lunch of a prince, etc" but I think its all when you're hungry....

And yes, Shelz, I think that's better, but what does a spoon mean?
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

here is an example of my meal and exercise plan for a day (tomorrow actually lol - it's a heavy exercise day)

Breakfast - 2 serves special k with 150gm nonfat yoghurt
Snack - 4 x corn thins with light peanut butter
Lunch - salad (cucumber, tomato, capsicum, snow peas with tuna and balsamic vinegar for dressing)
Snack - 1 x apple
Dinner - 200gm grilled chicken breast with smashed cauliflower & steamed broadbeans and peas tossed through feta cheese

Exercise:
morning - 50 minute spin class
evening - dragonboat training (half hour on land strength/conditioning and 1 - 1.5hrs on water paddling...sprint/endurance training).

I may have a treat with my evening cuppa as well, a scotch finger bikkie Cause we all gotta live a little lol.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

If "spoon" is a spoonful amount of the trout, potatoes and others that you are eating - no you are not eating enough.

At 5'6" I'd say the very min. amount you should eat is 1200 and more if you are exercising.

Less and your body goes into starvation mode. You may lose weight, but your metabolism will slow WAY down and you will lose more slowly than if you ate more.

What size frame do you have? Can you fit your thumb and pointer finger around your wrist? Is there a gap?

The general rule for medium sized frames (a small gap between fingers) is 100 lbs for 5 feet and 5 lbs for every inch after that. At 5'6" that would mean 130 is a healthy weight.

How did you pick 119? That would give you a bmi of 19.2, 18.5 and under is underweight so it is a pretty low number. Up to 124 is normal.

Anyways - I would give yourself some protein for breakfast. Eggs, yogurt, cereal w milk etc. It will be good for your blood sugar and you will actually be less hungry throughout the day.

As you have it now - here would be what I would estimate your cals are

Breakfast: Apple (70), pear (70), 2 handful raisins (200)
Lunch: spoon boiled trout (20?), spoon boiled potato (15?), 2 spoons mixed veg (10?), tub greek yoghurt (0% fat) (100)
Tea: beetroot, lettuce, cottage cheese, 3 rye crackers, mushrooms (200-220 - guess because you dont give portion sizes, but it seems as if your other portion sizes are fairly small.) the beets lettus and mushrooms would be around 50 cals. Three crackers probably about 40-50, cottage cheese is 120 for 4 oz.
snack: packet 0% fat strawberryjelly, fruit cake (again you dont give portions but one slice of fruit cake is around 130 cals and the jelly is probably around 40 for a small packet. (170)

That totals 875. Again, those are not exact because you didnt give all the portion sizes, but definitely not enough.

I would recommend logging your food in fitday for a few weeks until you get the hang of portion sizes and calories.

You seem to be set on a pretty low goal weight and are pretty rigid with your diet (spoon fulls of food?) I've had a couple of friends who went down the eating disorder path and ALL of them struggle with permanently messed up metabolisms and even though they eat "normal amounts" now, they tend to have a few extra pounds because their metabolism is SO slow.

I would really caution you against really strict regimented diets that are so low in calories and such a low goal weight.

You can lose weight and be beautiful and healthy by eating far more than you are currently eating and you won't risk any damage to your body.

Good luck!

Ps feel free to post your meal plan in the daily meal plan thread too - you can always ask for comments there.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #6  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Sh3l5, wer'nt you around here last year, same time, doing the same undereating thing?
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Mango, yes she was here...and quite a few people were concerned. She also started a thread recently about how quickly a person can lose 14lbs which is really worrisome.

Sh315..you remind me of a girl who I used to work with. Extremely obsessive and meticulous over food. Hardly ate any sort of fat into her diet...and lived off of lettuce and spinach. She had forbidden herself from eating any sort of butter or margarine and seriously would be nauseated when feeding the children some of the things on our menu plan.( I work in a preschool and we follow quite a healthy plan). She asked me for a copy of my WW info ( she is my height or a little taller) and 135 lbs..but I think once she realized she had to eat at least 20 points she couldn't allow herself to do it. At the beginning of my weight loss I'd talk to her about it but she kindly asked me to stop because she had realized that she was obsessive over food and the more she thought about it or was reminded of it the worse she was. I am saying this because i'm not 100% sure if a weightloss site is the best place for you to be right now.

If Readyfreddy is correct with your approximate calorie intake, I am sure that your body must be in starvation mode. Do you find yourself feeling dizzy, faint or headachy?? Has your bf shown any concern with your small food intake?

I hope that you are able to find the help and talk to someone about this.
Wishing you the best,
Angela

Last edited by angelanicole23; 10-12-2009 at 09:03 PM.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/155/135

Height: 5'9"

I am assuming that spoon of those things means like a reasonably sized scoop (like you would get from a standard serving spoon), and not literally a spoonful, or basically a mouthful, of food. Is that right? Otherwise that sounds like starvation. If I am right, however, my biggest concern was that the breakfast doesn't look balanced. I agree with others, add some protein, perhaps just some yogurt or egg whites, and it would be better. Good luck to you!
BebeFeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I also seem to remember you driving and nearly fainting, which worries me. Not just for health reasons.. but what about all the other people on the road? Maybe they don't want to die.

I hope you get the answers you are looking for, but remember this is for life, not just a crash diet so you can gain it back. Counting calories is a good idea, log your food into fitday.. think about balanced nutrition. You want to be healthy and thin, not thin and sick.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote