100 lb. Club - buffalo 'chicken' recipe and some nutritional content

lottie63
10-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I know this should go on the vegetarian board but I really feel it would be wasted there. and I know there are some non vegetarian ladies here who have an interest in veg foods sometimes and it's probably got a lot less cals in it than the non veg version if for only the ranch substitution.

this is a recipe for buffalo "chicken" dip, I took someones non veg recipe off allrecipes: (Found here for anyone who's interested: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Buffalo-Chicken-Dip/Detail.aspx ) and veggified it. It is so good and tastes like "the real thing" that my friend makes.

3 packages smart strips chik'n, (I put them in a food chopper to shred them like shredded canned chicken)

2 8oz containers of plain tofutti better than cream cheese (softened)

1 cup "ranch dressing" (2/3'rds package of lite silken tofu, blended with around a half cup of soy milk, add one packet of hidden valley ranch seasoning)

3/4 cup franks buffalo hot sauce

mix in a big pot, then transfer to a pie dish, cook for 30 mins on 300 degrees then use celery to eat the dip! IT IS SO GOOD! :D

this has 190 cals and 12.5 grams of fat for an 1/8 of the recipe, I ate 1/4 of it last night, and if I had stuck to exclusively celery sticks It would've been healthier than adding a few multi grain tortilla chips in there :P But either way it was to die for. :) probably too much fat (and kind of expensive to make) to eat often but for a treat it is really good!

nelie
10-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Something you might want to consider as well is making seitan 'wingz'. I think this recipe would be a good base:
http://www.everydaydish.tv/index.php?page=recipe&recipe=106

I'd use some veggie 'chicken' broth and maybe slather on the sauce. If you happen to buy Earth Balance (I don't use butter subs/margarine), you can make your own buffalo hot sauce by mixing in a louisiana type sauce with a bit of earth balance (which would make it vegan too).

My favorite hot sauce right now is Texas Pete. I swear I could just drink it straight from the bottle.