100 lb. Club - Salsa! Step away from the cookies!

salsa chip
10-08-2009, 02:33 PM
:drill:

I had this pack of chocolate mint biscuits. I was eating one each day if I wanted one, otherwise I wouldn't. Resisting wasn't that hard, not as hard as I thought it would have been.

Today I had a long and tiring day and after dinner said to myself, "Ah, there's only four left now, you can have them all."

Two down, me sprawled all funny watching tv, and I start prodding my thigh...and realise that there's muscle there which wasn't there before. Or rather, that was covered with a thicker layer of fat before.

Now the other two biscuits are back in the cupboard. Seeing the changes in my body (guess what? I have COLLAR BONES and I don't even have to pull a funny pose to see them!!) is inspiring - I just want to burn lots of fat to see what happens next!

Ok, that was my randomness for today. I don't know why I have a blog, I never use it and I just put my thoughts up here :D

Loving Me
10-08-2009, 02:56 PM
That's really great that you managed to stop at 2 and find something positive instead. I've been struggling with weekends and this weekend I'm setting myself a challenge to not go silly with the extra "treats" as I call them. It always seems like a good idea at the time, but come Sunday night or Monday morning I'm totally disgusted with myself again so this week I'm trying to change that.

JulieJ08
10-08-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm the same way. It's when I'm noticing successful changes that I find it easy to make more great choices. Noticing your muscles and bones is way motivating :)

Some people go off track when the scale goes down, I'm the opposite. If it's going down, I wanna stay on track. It's when it's going up, or not going down, that I have trouble.

salsa chip
10-08-2009, 03:19 PM
That's really great that you managed to stop at 2 and find something positive instead. I've been struggling with weekends and this weekend I'm setting myself a challenge to not go silly with the extra "treats" as I call them. It always seems like a good idea at the time, but come Sunday night or Monday morning I'm totally disgusted with myself again so this week I'm trying to change that.

One a day. That's how much I let myself have. One a day - if I want it, if not, I don't.

I don't know if that might work for you, but perhaps it's worth a try. But believe me, you can absolutely do it. The disgust is a millstone that is not worth our time or energy.

Loving Me
10-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Salsa,
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm going to try really hard this weekend.
The main problem is like last weekend, DH came home with scones, so I had one of those Saturday, after I'd had my planned treat meal on Friday night. Then Sunday DH and DD baked and I was guilted into having a piece of cake after dinner, plus a glass of wine with dinner.
I'd have been quite happy if I'd just had the meal Friday night, but the others weren't planned and I felt like I'd had them just for the sake of it, when I didn't REALLY want them.
I need to learn to choose what I REALLY want when I have a treat and not waste those chances, so I don't feel the disgust afterwards.

findingfawn
10-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Yay.. good girl Salsa :)

cfmama
10-08-2009, 03:39 PM
That is awesome that you found a way to curb that desire and carry on. Good for you!

starfishkitty
10-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Good job! :bravo:

I'm having easier moments like that too.... now if only they were that easy each time!! ;)