South Beach Diet - I'm going to do this!

View Full Version : I'm going to do this!

HeaterAS
10-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Heather and I am 27 years old. I have 2 little ones age 2 1/2 and 8 months. I weigh an all time high of 270 lbs right now. Went to the dr yesterday and he said with my thyroid issues and PCOS that low carb is the way to go for me. He adjusted some of my prescriptions and now I am on my way.
I am just cutting carbs at the moment, will officially start phase 1 after I go grocery shopping.
I need some accountability and I need some support. I need to immerse myself in this because it needs to work. I don't want to be a fat mom. And I want to have a third child and experience a "thin" pregnancy. I'll never be a toothpick. I don't have that goal in mind at all. I just want to be healthy and model good behavoirs for my children that were not modeled for me. I want to teach my kids moderation and physical activity are the key for a healthy life and I want it to be effortless for them because it's how they were raised.

So I hope to get to know you ladies here!

KDHW
10-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi there :wave:

I am fairly new here as well. I have found that coming to the boards everyday keeps me motivated, gives me lots of great advise and recipes!!!

HeaterAS
10-08-2009, 01:42 PM
And you've lost 10 lbs already! That's fantastic!

KDHW
10-08-2009, 01:49 PM
And you've lost 10 lbs already! That's fantastic!

thank you......slowly but yes I have and it feels great :carrot:

Fat Melanie
10-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi Heater, good luck!
I so understand not wanting to be a fat mom and wanting a 'thin' pregnancy! I want another child but I don't want to become pregnant while I'm overweight. Last time I had high blood pressure and my labor had to be induced and I don't want to have that happen again. I want to be a superfit really healthy mom.

Good luck!!

SunshineCA
10-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi Heather. :) Welcome to the South Beach Lifestyle! ;)

cottagebythesea
10-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Hi, Heather, and :welcome: to The Beach! Good for you for wanting to set a good example for a healthy lifestyle for yourself and your children. Keep in mind, though, that this is not a "low carb' diet, it's a "good carb" diet. We get our carbs from healthy whole grains and legumes, along with lots of veggies, fruit and dairy. I hope you have read or plan to read the book before getting started on this plan. It's essential to learn and understand the fundamentals behind this way of eating.
Good luck, and we look forward to hearing from you often!

Lexxiss
10-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Hi Heater:sunny: and :welcome3:

Nice to meet you!

Best wishes!

murphmitch
10-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Welcome Heather! :welcome2: