100 lb. Club - Chipotle Chipotle

View Full Version : Chipotle Chipotle

paris81
10-08-2009, 10:41 AM
I take the bus to and from campus. The bus stop is about a block from my building, and right in the middle of this tiny little walk is a Chipotle. Every day, getting off the bus, usually around dinner time, Chipotle calls to me. It's awful!

Yesterday, I almost went. It was late (almost 8pm) before I got home. I was hungry. My defenses where down, as I had just resisted a bunch of other delicious goodies. I wanted soo badly to stop in. I tried to justify it, saying that I could get something small, or eat only half of it. But I knew that it wouldn't turn out that way. As I walked past it, I chanted to my self "No to Chipotle, No to Chipotle, look at me walking straight past Chipotle".

And I went home, made myself lots of veggies, and some pasta with marina sauce and vegan "meat"balls. Whew! It was so hard, but I'm glad I didn't go there! :carrot:

Fat Pants
10-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Nice job!! I used to call myself a "Chipotle addict" but after I gave it up for Lent, I've hardly touched it since. But I do remember the days of craving Chipotle!

Passing up Chipotle is a huge accomplishment... you should be very proud of yourself!! :D

HaleyisLove
10-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Good Job... I know exactly how you feel...you just have to get away... fast... maybe bring a snack that you can eat as you walk past chipotle haha

jelder227
10-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Congratulations! In a way, I'm lucky. I live out in a suburb of Houston, and we don't have any of the yummy tempting fast food places here. I only have to resist when I go into town. I miss Chipotle's, and Souper Salad. And Vietnamese.

paris81
10-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks guys! At least it's not summer anymore--when the windows are open, I can smell it wafting through my apartment!

nelie
10-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Chipotle is actually one of my favorite 'on plan' places to eat. I can get a nice meal for about 300 calories.

VernDern
10-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Kudos to you! I dont know how you stand it during the summer!!! I wonder if ANYTHING you can get there could work? I might have to do some searching because ohhh how I love Chipotle! Good job! Stay strong!!!! =)

tiffany0809
10-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Chipotle is actually one of my favorite 'on plan' places to eat. I can get a nice meal for about 300 calories.

I LOVE Chipotle!!! What do you get there for 300 calories? I try to avoid it because I will go overboard but I'm curious to know what others eat. :)

wendyland
10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
I like Chipotle, too. I don't think it's too bad when I get a burrito bowl and stick to rice/beans/meat/salsa/lettuce. Just avoid the tortilla, sour cream, and cheese unless you can work them into your plan.

We have a Pancheros, which I like better. Their chicken is so good.

Thighs Be Gone
10-08-2009, 12:06 PM
I have only been there once and totally loved it!

Good for you to resist the urge!

nelie
10-08-2009, 12:36 PM
I LOVE Chipotle!!! What do you get there for 300 calories? I try to avoid it because I will go overboard but I'm curious to know what others eat. :)

I get a veggie salad (no salad dressing). Basically lettuce, black beans, grilled peppers, chunky tomato salsa, hot red salsa, corn salsa (rarely but sometimes I add it), guacamole (on the side so I can add it myself) and more lettuce on top.

JulieJ08
10-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I get a veggie salad (no salad dressing). Basically lettuce, black beans, grilled peppers, chunky tomato salsa, hot red salsa, corn salsa (rarely but sometimes I add it), guacamole (on the side so I can add it myself) and more lettuce on top.

Me too, except I get cheese too. I usually ask for half the usual guacamole and cheese because they really pile it on.

Plus I can't finish the whole tray if I eat slowly and pay attention to my fullness.

lottie63
10-08-2009, 01:40 PM
I have never been to chipotle, there is one right by my house too! I go to qdoba, they are similar I Guess. I get a naked burrito with rice and beans and ancho chile bbq sauce with no cheese or sour cream

girlonfire
10-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Congrats! I just did something like that yesterday. In a moment of weakness I bought some chips and salsa, but I decided to use my weakness to practice moderate portions and it worked.

Yay us for resisting the siren call of mexican food!

shasha17a
10-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Good job resisting chipotle. I know how hard it is. You can make healthier choices in there, but its funny how everything can add up really fast calorie wise. Every ladle of something is like an extra 100 calories.

duckyyellowfeet
10-08-2009, 03:53 PM
oh man, I had Chipotle for dinner last night. It barely fit into my plan cause I hadn't eaten much that whole day...and now its 12 the next day and I'm STILL not hungry.

So I applaud you resisiting the urge because goodness knows i didnt!

Glory87
10-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Chipotle > Qdoba

I get a:

Burrito bol no beans, with chicken, rice, extra extra lettuce, extra extra pico and a side order of guac (that I split with my boyfriend).

Here's a handy calorie calculator for Chipotle:

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

Mine is about (counting 1/2 order of guac): 400 calories

It's my "fast food" of choice (pretty much my only fast food) and we go there about once a week, LOVE IT.

paris81
10-09-2009, 10:22 AM
It's nice to hear that it's still good without the "sinful" elements. I've seen that chipotle calorie calculator, and what I normally get has over 1,000 calories! I've always wondered if it was as good without the cheese and sour cream. I guess that the chicken is pretty delicious. Maybe when I'm feeling strong, I'll stop by and order a "healthy" Chipolte. No going during moments of weakness, that's when the cheese and sour cream call to me the most!

nelie
10-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I actually never liked Chipotle until I started cracking down on what I was eating. Baja Fresh (and sometimes Qdoba) was my burrito place of choice. It is funny that I used to hate Chipotle but when it became one of my few good options, I started loving it.

JackiG
10-09-2009, 12:11 PM
I eat at Chipotle once a week. They have a lot of good choices. You just have to control what you add to your dish. ;)

When I eat the burrito bol, I have chicken, black beans, extra lettuce, tomato salsa and guac. Just under 500 cals. I also eat the 3 hard shell tacos, I have chicken, lettuce, tomato salsa and guac. Just under 550 cals.

JustBeckyV
10-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Never even heard of it lol But glad you were able to resist! I am sure it's tough if you pass it all the time. My weakness would be a donut shop along the way -- yikers!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-09-2009, 01:01 PM
I've never heard of Chipotle. Guess that's a good thing!

nelie
10-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Given the fact that they are owned by McDonalds and seem just as prevalent, it seems surprising you haven't heard of them :)

Although on our road trip to North Carolina, I looked for Chipotles to eat at on the way down and the way up and was shocked to not find any.

wendyland
10-09-2009, 03:46 PM
They were only owned by McDonalds for a short time. Or else, I wouldn't go there. I like that chipotle gets meat from local sources, hormone free dairy, and recylced paper products. This is from their website:

Short Answer: No, Chipotle is not owned by McDonald's.

Long Answer:
Chipotle became a susidiary of McDonald's in 1999 when McDonald's acquired the controlling stake of the company. At one point, McDonald's owned shares accounting for approximately 87% of the voting power of Chipotle's common stock. In Chipotle's earlier stages, McDonald's helped Chipotle's operations by sharing its own distribution networks.

Currently, Mcdonald's no longer has anything to do with Chipotle Mexican Grill. They have divested completely from Chipotle.

nelie
10-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Well I didn't keep up with them or their ownership, it looks like McDonalds had major ownership in them for 7 years. (1999 to 2006)

walking2lose
10-09-2009, 07:19 PM
There are only a few Chipotles in Virginia (not including the NOVA area). The closet one to me is about an hour's drive, and I live very close to Newport News, Hampton, Williamsburg area. But, man, I do love Chipotle, and we always eat there when we're around one!

Yum.

Good job to you for resisting!