Metabolic Research Center - 200 pounds plus /50 pounds or more take 3

Lori123321
10-08-2009, 01:40 AM
Well, we made it past 500 posts and time to start a new thread.

I think this weekend rocked guy friend's world. Not enough to call him BF yet but he has been very involved. Stopped by to help unload a freezer, talked seriously with my middle one who is having difficulties with school. (he is a special ed student and having problems socially). Then he contacted me tonight that I left my favorite water bottle in his car. I have been looking everywhere for it. So I will head over there later to pick it up. That is probably why I am not drinking enough water. :p
He also dropped his jaw when he saw me in the LBD. I had on the leopards under!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

Karen1234
10-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Lori - I agree with Noahsmama - you two are a very cute couple together and you do look fabulous! Does he have any children? If not, maybe that's why he hesitates... that's a big committment to become apart of someone's life when they have children. Just a thought. I'm glad you have a great time, you deserved it. Now, back on plan, get drinking your water and you'll be to goal in no time ;)

lookinfine09
10-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Well, we made it past 500 posts and time to start a new thread.

I think this weekend rocked guy friend's world. Not enough to call him BF yet but he has been very involved. Stopped by to help unload a freezer, talked seriously with my middle one who is having difficulties with school. (he is a special ed student and having problems socially). Then he contacted me tonight that I left my favorite water bottle in his car. I have been looking everywhere for it. So I will head over there later to pick it up. That is probably why I am not drinking enough water. :p
He also dropped his jaw when he saw me in the LBD. I had on the leopards under!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

Lori

So glad to hear that things are going well with the guy friend. What a cute picture, you both look like you're having a great time! Didn't that feel good to make his jaw drop?

lookinfine09
10-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Karen

I'll be thinking of you on Saturday. Best of luck to you on your 5k, you'll do wonderful. Sending a tail wind your way!:carrot:

Lori123321
10-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks all, I really enjoy the time we spend together. I was not feeling well last night when I picked up the water bottle so he made me drink 3 glasses of water and put me to bed. Then today I dozed on his couch. Working tonight so I needed to rest up. He doesn't have kids and I know that is an issue. Also that he is out of work right now and I have a well paying job. Kinda feels unbalanced. So I give him time and space to make his choices.
Karen, cheering you on for 5k! At least it shouldn't be snowing there. Seeing snowflakes out my window. Leaving early for the drive. :snow4:

LaRee mother of 3
10-09-2009, 10:59 AM
I can not wait to start this diet!! I must say, I have been reading so much of the old posts, and I am amazed at how much you all support one another and encourage each other through this whole process. I am excited to have a support system that I would not have other wise. You are all wonderfull women and have so much to offer one another. I hope that I can be of help to someone else as you all have already been to me. I don't even know any of you, but after reading so much I feel like I know several of you fairly well. Congrats to you all on your successes and good luck with all of your goals. I am anxious to get this party started on my end! I want to be healthy for myself, my husband and my children who are the world to me! God bless you all!!!

Succeed09
10-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I can not wait to start this diet!! I must say, I have been reading so much of the old posts, and I am amazed at how much you all support one another and encourage each other through this whole process. I am excited to have a support system that I would not have other wise. You are all wonderfull women and have so much to offer one another. I hope that I can be of help to someone else as you all have already been to me. I don't even know any of you, but after reading so much I feel like I know several of you fairly well. Congrats to you all on your successes and good luck with all of your goals. I am anxious to get this party started on my end! I want to be healthy for myself, my husband and my children who are the world to me! God bless you all!!!

LaRee, you're right where I was a little over 5 months ago. You can do this! It's not easy, but it does work. I need to get refocused. I hit a plateau right after I signed the 50 pound board a month ago, and I haven't been doing my food journal and being as On Plan as I used to be. I'm getting very close to stabilization, so I'm pushing for a perfect OP week! Good luck to you as get started!

rip
10-09-2009, 07:59 PM
LaRee, Great that you are so excited, it will help push you along. For me eating on plan has become the norm and it is not that often that I feel deprived. The first few weeks there were times I just wanted to cry. I was tired of preparing all my food and just wanted to grab a handful of chips or a peanut butter sandwich. I still feel like that but it is rare. You will need to find yourself a routine and cook differently but once you do it will become a way of life, and a good way of life.

I also feel like I have made so many friends and I have never even met them. This is a great place to vent your frustrations, brag up your successes and write down the things you would never say to anyone else. We have all been there!

Good luck, you will do great, I know it.

All,
I was a little discouraged today only down 2 pounds since last Friday. My consultant (who I think is wonderful) explained that as I get closer to the 200 mark it may slow down. Also that it has been 12 years since I was at this weight and my body may be trying to hold on. It makes sense to me and made me feel a little better. She said if I only lose a couple of pounds this week they will probably put me on another menu. The one that goes you 4 ounces rather and 6.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/flower02/lb/282/178/216/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Started MRC 5/9/09

reuselady
10-09-2009, 10:08 PM
All,
I was a little discouraged today only down 2 pounds since last Friday. My consultant (who I think is wonderful) explained that as I get closer to the 200 mark it may slow down. Also that it has been 12 years since I was at this weight and my body may be trying to hold on. It makes sense to me and made me feel a little better. She said if I only lose a couple of pounds this week they will probably put me on another menu. The one that goes you 4 ounces rather and 6.
Rip, 2 pounds are 2 pounds! Congratulations! When you change to the 4 oz protein as opposed to the 6 oz protein, I would think you should drink the maximum HNSs at least at first to help your body adjust to the lower amount of food protein. As you get down into the 180's you might not need the extra HNSs as much. I started at 170 and only used 3 HNSs per day. The only time I ever was hungry was when I ate at the Center to try the recipes and I'm sure I did not have the full amount of protein or veggies I was supposed to have. Even if you plateau as you break through this barrier, you will win (lose !) Your body can not hold on to the water weight for too long. Great job! jeanette

Lori123321
10-10-2009, 06:56 AM

:wel3fc: I have loved this site and loved the results I get on this diet. Not to say there aren't times when I struggle. However, the people on this site are so beautiful and supportive. I know that no matter what happens, I can come here and laugh, cry, vent and grow. I am so excited you found us and am looking forward to hearing all your success!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/flower02/lb/282/178/216/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Started MRC 5/9/09

Yeah! 2 less pounds to lose! But its so frustrating it is to have the loses slow down. Remember the toilet paper theory, the sheets at the end of the roll are more precious and your body hates to lose them! And the green menu is just within reach. That is great!
I have lost the water weight, according to my own scale from my Omaha trip. I haven't weighted in yet. Feeling a little chicken. I know it is not going to look good. So later today I will bite the bullet (shoot, don't think bullets are OP) and step on their scale. Doing better with food choices and water, but not feeling hungry and have to make myself eat. Where is that coming from? I would think after the eating and boozing last week, I would be starving! Nope, just lazy and not wanting to cook or eat. Oh well, just another day in paradise!

pamperedmomoftwins
10-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Hello ladies!!! I have been doing MRC since May of 2008. I have lost a total of 42 pounds and then since November of last year have been slowly gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. Well I have had some major issues in my life (marital issues, depression, etc) and weighed in August 8th and then again on August 29th and then sort of went on the band wagon. I was still eating on plan so to speak but drinking a lot of starbucks/scooters drinks and eating snacks off plan on occasion. Well I finally went and weighed in last night since last weighing in on August 29th and was only up 3 1/2 pounds which I didn't think was terrible for not weighing in in like 6 weeks. So I talked with one of the ladies I like at the center and we decided I would start the meta quick on Sunday and weigh in again on Wednesday.

My struggle is always my water. Some days I am really good and others I can hardly drink 32 ounces. Any suggestions for that??

When I started in May of 2008 I weighed 205.5 and started on the green menu so have always been on the green menu. At the beginning of August I started the yellow and then blue menu but after that is when I had major emotional marital issues and fell off the wagon. You can only start the yellow menu twice a year so I can't do it again until February. So we talked about the about switching to the meta-balance menu which is not chemically balanced with your body (never really did understand that one anyway as it didn't make sense to me). I am not sure about that one you do get to add dairy into your diet (choice of skim milk, soy milk or plain yogurt) and you mix your HNS into your dairy. You also get fruit juice (must be 100% and either grapefruit, orange, tomato, veggie, apple or v8 splash lite). So will decide on that after checking out the grocery store. So we decided for the time being to go back on the green menu and then start the meta-quick on Sunday for 3 days (can do for 7 days a month but I only have 3 shakes left) and then back to the green menu.

Is anyone on here on either the hypoglycemic menu or the meta balance menus??? What do you think of those menus??? I also asked if it is possible since I truly am on like day 512 or something like that if I could possibly start over and be on day 1 - maybe it is a mental thing see the big day number and feeling like I have failed. The counselor said we could do that so hopefully that will help.

I know I also need to get back on the exercise bandwagon and just need that motivation. Any suggestions there??? I may start doing the P90x with a friend at her house while my twins are in preschool. That may help me.

Well need to get a few things done around here - just finished my breakfast but need to drink my HNS from breakfast. Oh the other issue I have troubles with is timing of meals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

PS - I need to change my ticker and have no clue how to do it.

noahsmama
10-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Hello ladies!!! I have been doing MRC since May of 2008. I have lost a total of 42 pounds and then since November of last year have been slowly gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. Well I have had some major issues in my life (marital issues, depression, etc) and weighed in August 8th and then again on August 29th and then sort of went on the band wagon. I was still eating on plan so to speak but drinking a lot of starbucks/scooters drinks and eating snacks off plan on occasion. Well I finally went and weighed in last night since last weighing in on August 29th and was only up 3 1/2 pounds which I didn't think was terrible for not weighing in in like 6 weeks. So I talked with one of the ladies I like at the center and we decided I would start the meta quick on Sunday and weigh in again on Wednesday.

My struggle is always my water. Some days I am really good and others I can hardly drink 32 ounces. Any suggestions for that??

When I started in May of 2008 I weighed 205.5 and started on the green menu so have always been on the green menu. At the beginning of August I started the yellow and then blue menu but after that is when I had major emotional marital issues and fell off the wagon. You can only start the yellow menu twice a year so I can't do it again until February. So we talked about the about switching to the meta-balance menu which is not chemically balanced with your body (never really did understand that one anyway as it didn't make sense to me). I am not sure about that one you do get to add dairy into your diet (choice of skim milk, soy milk or plain yogurt) and you mix your HNS into your dairy. You also get fruit juice (must be 100% and either grapefruit, orange, tomato, veggie, apple or v8 splash lite). So will decide on that after checking out the grocery store. So we decided for the time being to go back on the green menu and then start the meta-quick on Sunday for 3 days (can do for 7 days a month but I only have 3 shakes left) and then back to the green menu.

Is anyone on here on either the hypoglycemic menu or the meta balance menus??? What do you think of those menus??? I also asked if it is possible since I truly am on like day 512 or something like that if I could possibly start over and be on day 1 - maybe it is a mental thing see the big day number and feeling like I have failed. The counselor said we could do that so hopefully that will help.

I know I also need to get back on the exercise bandwagon and just need that motivation. Any suggestions there??? I may start doing the P90x with a friend at her house while my twins are in preschool. That may help me.

Well need to get a few things done around here - just finished my breakfast but need to drink my HNS from breakfast. Oh the other issue I have troubles with is timing of meals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

PS - I need to change my ticker and have no clue how to do it.

I don't have any suggestions for you on teh water intake because I drink 150+ (usually between 160-180) oz a day. As far as exercising, I am doing the Couch to 5k training program and am getting ready to begin week 8 of that. I wish I could say that I enjoy it but I honestly don't. I'm just proud of myself for sticking with it.

They say to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up and then eat your meals every 5 hours thereafter.

As far as updating your ticker, go to to "quick links" tab click on it, and then click on edit signature (that is if your ticker is in there). Otherwise youc an create your signature there too.

Good luck and if you have any more questions ask away!

pamperedmomoftwins
10-11-2009, 11:27 AM
well yesterday I pretty much ate on plan but didn't do my HNS and all of my water so think I will do the meta quick starting on Monday (think it is easier to do during the week anyway) and then weigh in on Thursday instead of Wednesday.

Phat not Fat
10-11-2009, 11:52 AM

LaRee --

Welcome aboard and best of luck (plus some hard work thrown in, too!) Our stats are fairly similar, so I'll be interested in your progress and thoughts!

You'll find so much help here within the forum. The folks are fantastic!

Where in Nebraska?

-- JJ

kathyb712
10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
WI went well down 3.5 lbs!! I have just a 1.5lb to go to sign the ten pound board!! WOOOOHOOOO I am so stoked!! I never believed I would find something that actually worked. Thank you all for being such inspirations!! I don't think I would have joined if I hadn't stumbled across you all on here.

Karen, Congratulations on your run!! That is awesome!!

namaste
10-12-2009, 11:57 AM
WI went well down 3.5 lbs!! I have just a 1.5lb to go to sign the ten pound board!! WOOOOHOOOO I am so stoked!! I never believed I would find something that actually worked. Thank you all for being such inspirations!! I don't think I would have joined if I hadn't stumbled across you all on here.

Karen, Congratulations on your run!! That is awesome!!

Congratulations!!!! You are sooo close to that 10lb board; stay focused because that board is gonna be yours THIS WEEK!

lookinfine09
10-12-2009, 12:25 PM
I must confess, I had a totally off program meal on Friday night. I just could not resist. I went to one of my favorite mexican restaurants with my hubby and I had originally planned on getting a salad with grilled chicken. However, I opted for fajitas, which isn't all that bad, but the rice and beans kept calling my name. I savored every bite of it too! I'm telling you this because I need to write it down somewhere other than my food sheet so I can make sure to not do it again.

On a more positive note, I was OP the rest of the weekend and I drank more water than normal. I also am running a 5k on Sunday, so I pushed myself a bit harder than normal to sweat all the salt out! : )

Happy Monday everyone!

LaRee mother of 3
10-13-2009, 09:38 AM
I live in Papillion, Nebraska just outside Omaha. Nice to see other Nebraska ladies on this forum!!

pamperedmomoftwins
10-13-2009, 03:00 PM
I live in Papillion, Nebraska just outside Omaha. Nice to see other Nebraska ladies on this forum!!

So do you go to the Bellevue center??? How do you like it there??

LaRee mother of 3
10-14-2009, 09:44 AM
I am not sure which center you are talking about. I don't go into Bellevue that often but I love the new Shadow Lake Center in Papillion!!

LaRee mother of 3
10-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I have my consult tonight. Really nervous about not being able to stick with a diet...excited but nervous. I have tried so many before and failed. We will see how it goes.

rip
10-16-2009, 05:33 PM
LaRee,
I too was nervous when I started, and stressed. What will I be able to eat? How does this all work, etc. You will understand much better after your consultation but still have many questions and that is one of the things that we are all here for. Just hang in there and don't get discouraged. Best of luck to you.

Started MRC 5/9/09

Phat not Fat
10-17-2009, 12:04 PM
I have my consult tonight. Really nervous about not being able to stick with a diet...excited but nervous. I have tried so many before and failed. We will see how it goes.

LaRee --

I felt the exact same way you do! I thought I was nuts for signing up (and doling out money) for a program I was convinced I wouldn't stick with. I had always presumed that, on the Willpower Board, I was at a big ol' zeeero. Don't know why I thought this. I quit smoking -- cold turkey -- on March 31, 2001 and had absolutely no problems. But I thought this would be different because I couldn't escape food 100% like I could cigarettes.

But lo and behold, I set my mind to it and although the first couple days were a bit tough (only between the hours of 4-6pm), I've done really well.

Just like anything else in life, if you put your mind to it, you'll succeed.

Best of luck! You can do it!

-- JJ :)

rip
10-17-2009, 01:47 PM
WI today, down 1pd. Was hoping for more but I will take it and be thankful. My 17 weeks will be up on the 24th and I plan to enroll for another 10. These past few weeks have been discouraging but when I think I have lost almost 70pds. in the past 17 weeks it starts motivating me again.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/flower02/lb/282/178/215/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Started MRC 5/9/09

kathyb712
10-17-2009, 03:08 PM
10 pounds that don't belong to me anymore!! yeeehaw!

rip
10-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Kathy,
Wonderful job, don't you feel great!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/flower02/lb/282/178/215/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Started MRC 5/9/09

kathyb712
10-17-2009, 08:01 PM
rip ,
Thank you! I really do!! I know it's small compared to some, but I'm so excited!! You all made me feel like I could do this and stick to it, and I can't wait for the rest to come off!! You all just don't realize the impact you have on us newbies! So thank you!

rip
10-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Kathy,
I hope they took your pic. to put on the board. It is a big ego boost to get your
face on the wall! And even a bigger boost when you start comparing them.

Started MRC 5/9/09

Karen1234
10-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Way to go Kathy!! 10 lbs is awesome, keep up the great work :0)

Phat not Fat
10-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Kathy, great job!! And you're right -- the girls here have been such an inspiration and are one of the reasons I'm able to stick with this!

Rip, do you know what the cost is to sign up for another 10 weeks? If I keep going the way I have for the past couple weeks, I should be able to make THEIR goal, but I want to lose more before I start stabilization. Thanks!

rip
10-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Phat not Fat,
I believe they told me it was $90 for an additional 10 weeks and $120 for an additional 17 weeks.

Started MRC 5/9/09

Keiko
10-18-2009, 01:18 AM
rip ,
Thank you! I really do!! I know it's small compared to some, but I'm so excited!! You all made me feel like I could do this and stick to it, and I can't wait for the rest to come off!! You all just don't realize the impact you have on us newbies! So thank you!

Great job! All of us had to start on this program losing 10 lbs....keep up the good work you are on your way to 20!:carrot:

LaRee mother of 3
10-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Well, I had my consult. It went well and I think I am going to do it. The only concern I have at this point is veggies.....I am sooooo picky. I can not tell you how picky I am. Every veggie I like you can't have...you know, carrots, canned veggies. This is what I grew up with. Please give me some ideas of how you make your veggies. Anything you think I may like. Before I sign on the dotted line I want to make sure I can handle the veggie side of things so some ideas would help. PLEASE GIVE ADVICE!!! Thanks gals!!

rip
10-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Are there any veggies on plan that you do like? If so then find different ways to prepare them. I use to love broccoli but ate so much at the beginning of plan that I don't like it much any more. Some of my favorites are tomatoes and cucumbers. I also love to fry up zuccinni (sp) and squash with green onions. I cook them on high heat in a little bit of olive oil so they carmalize a little. I have tried spaghetti squash but don't like it much but others love it. You can have the canned veggies just look for no salt or half salt. You will find veggies you like just experiment and use your imagination! You will do fine. :)

Started MRC 5/9/09

LaRee mother of 3
10-18-2009, 08:09 PM
If I can do canned green beans with low salt I can eat those. I love leaf lettuce but it will be a bit tough without the dressing. The only dressing I used was a fat free lo cal french...but can't use it on this diet. I don't have the menu yet..I won't get it until Friday after I do my 4 day pre-diet plan. So I am not sure what is on the list.

Karen1234
10-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Well, I had my consult. It went well and I think I am going to do it. The only concern I have at this point is veggies.....I am sooooo picky. I can not tell you how picky I am. Every veggie I like you can't have...you know, carrots, canned veggies. This is what I grew up with. Please give me some ideas of how you make your veggies. Anything you think I may like. Before I sign on the dotted line I want to make sure I can handle the veggie side of things so some ideas would help. PLEASE GIVE ADVICE!!! Thanks gals!!

Hi LaRee,
I agree with Rip... no or low sodium green beans should be alright... I use these whenever I'm too busy or out of frozen or fresh ones, I always keep a few cans of no sodium green beans in the pantry. Here are some other ways I get in my veggies... I'm not sure if you like these but give it a try, you might surprise yourself with what you find you actually like. This diet can change your pallette a bit, I've seen it happen to many others:

1. Spaghetti squash as the pasta with my meat and spaghetti sauce = there are recipes and cooking instructions in the recipe thread.
2. How about cooking your veggies as apart of a casserole like the broccoli, chicken and cheese casserole. Get the cookbook, it has lots of ideas. Also might be on the recipe thread.
3. Salads - The best way to eat salads is with half lettuce, half cucs and tomatoes, that way you don't feel like you're drowning in lettuce - I eat mine with Oil and Vinegar dressing I make myself with 1 tsp of Olive Oil, 3 tsp of Vinegar, Mrs. Dash seasoning of choice (Italian, Table Blend).
4. Cucumbers - If you like cucumbers try the same dressing above with sliced cucumbers or make a dressing using a packet of Ranch Dressing powder mix and 1 tub of cottage cheese. Blend together and dip your cucs in 2 tbsp. of this or stir your cucs in it to make a cucumber salad of it.
5. Fajitas - cooked green peppers, green onions in a wrap with chicken and fresh lettuce and tomatoes.
6. Taco salad - see the recipe on recipe thread, it is fabulous!
7. Anything Steamed then sprayed with ICBINB, and sprinkled with Sea salt, cracked pepper afterwards (I can't believe its not butter spray)
8. Mushrooms - I cook them in a little olive oil, when they are browning at edges and have shrunk significantly, I sprinkle them with pepper and sea salt, then add balsamic vinegar, cook this off until most liquid gone. These are a treat with steaks usually.
9. Veggie Powder - available at MRC center, I've never tried this, heard it isn't terrible though, has a little minty flavor...

Good Luck!

kathyb712
10-19-2009, 01:46 PM
I was visiting the 100 lb + forum and thought, since I'm new and there are so many more new people here, this might be helpful on the MRC forum as well, So here it goes!!

First name: Kathy

Geographical location: Amarillo, TX

Marital Status: Married to my wonderful, supportive husband Bob:hug:

Children/Ages: All boys!! Tom 17, Brandon 15, Ryan and Riley 5

Pets: My dysfunctional cat Chloe

Hobbies/Interests: anything with my family

Height: 5' 3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've been overweight since I was about 5. My highest weight was 330. This start date is 09/25/09

Starting Weight:284

Present Weight:271.5

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating out of boredom, emotional and binge eating.

Following any specific plan: Metabolic Research Center

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I AM going to lose the extra weight AND I AM going to keep it off. :carrot:

Anything else you would like to share with us: My oldest son is graduating High School in May. I don't want to be an embarrassment to my children or husband. And when I reach my goal weight I'm going to love visiting my uncle, who always told me that I'm such a pretty girl, If only you would just lose some weight. Be seeing you soon Uncle Mickey!!

TeresaG
10-19-2009, 03:27 PM
[quote=kathyb712;2977448]I was visiting the 100 lb + forum and thought, since I'm new and there are so many more new people here, this might be helpful on the MRC forum as well, So here it goes!!

First name: Kathy

quote]

Glad you joined us here. Looks like you are off to a great start. Thanks for sharing with us. I loved your post. On your son's graduation you will be proud of him as well as yourself. If you have not gone to any of the Connections Classes at your center I highly recommend you take advantage of them. I got a lot of our all of them. It will help to give you insight to some of the things you mentioned.

TeresaG
10-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Ok, I'm trying to find out if my center is the only one seeming to have an issue getting stock of the HNS. Almost two weeks ago, I prepaid for some and told they would be in mid week last week. When I was there Saturday, they only had one of what I was supposed to get. It has been very frequent that they are out of a lot of the HNS. I was grumpy on Saturday and walking out was talking to myself asking how they can expect people to stay on program if they can't get/or keep a supply in. Just curious if any else has seen an issue with these?

LaRee mother of 3
10-19-2009, 03:41 PM
What HNS do you like. I have to pick some up friday and I want to make sure I get flavors that are good that I won't want to take back. Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks!!

nabeelmalik
10-19-2009, 03:59 PM
peach mango.

if your allowed a creamy: Cappuccino.

keirasmommy
10-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Hello all! I thought I would start posting here as well, if that is okay. You all seem to be really doing well on this plan. I took Kathy's idea and here is a little about myself:
First name: Shaye

Geographical location: Longmont, CO

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: A daughter, Keira, 5 years old

Occupation: Director of an early education program at a private school

Pets: My two crazy cats, Daphne and Delilah

Hobbies/Interests: Anything in the beautiful mountains of Colorado! Hiking, walking, and playing with my 5 year old.

Height: 5' 8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I was always thin growing up then started gaining weight in college. Now, being 15 years later, I am at my highest weight ever and know that something needs to be done!

Starting Weight:240.5

Present Weight:237.5

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating out of boredom, emotional and binge eating-ditto!

Following any specific plan: Metabolic Research Center

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I AM going to lose the extra weight AND I AM going to keep it off- ditto! And I will add that there have been some recent health scares with me and I really want to eventually have more children. I need to do this for my health and overall well being.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am so happy to have found MRC and looking forward to this journey! I am more than willing to support others in this process as well. We are here together!:)

Thanks for reading and I hope to get to know many of you!

desilu0
10-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Ok, I'm trying to find out if my center is the only one seeming to have an issue getting stock of the HNS. Almost two weeks ago, I prepaid for some and told they would be in mid week last week. When I was there Saturday, they only had one of what I was supposed to get. It has been very frequent that they are out of a lot of the HNS. I was grumpy on Saturday and walking out was talking to myself asking how they can expect people to stay on program if they can't get/or keep a supply in. Just curious if any else has seen an issue with these?

My center seems to be out of the popular HNS a lot, like the hot chocolate, wild berry, lemon, pink lemonade, pretty much all of my favorites. Heck, I was on the program for almost a month before I got to try the hot chocolate that everyone was raving about. Pulled it out of the swap basket and when I found I like it I was disappointed because I knew they wouldn't have it again. I got lucky and found out when they were getting a shipment so I went in that day and bought three boxes of it and stocked up on my other favorites. It is very frustrating when they are out. You'd think they would just order more.

Lori123321
10-20-2009, 06:59 AM

I have had issues too. I prepaid for the wafer bars for the meal replacement and it was several weeks before they came in. Also, they seem to run out of my faves as well. Just they are usually there the next week. I like the kewi/melon and the grape best but like most of the concentrates well enough.

kathyb712
10-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi Shaye!!
Welcome aboard!!
You will find that most of these ladies are so very inspirational and motivating and supportive!! I did. Can't thank them enough! :hug:

keirasmommy
10-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Thanks Kathy! I am thrilled to be here!

Have any of you used the carb/fat blockers? I took one last night because we went out to dinner. Do they really work? Just curious.

:)

Lori123321
10-22-2009, 04:05 AM
Thanks Kathy! I am thrilled to be here!

Have any of you used the carb/fat blockers? I took one last night because we went out to dinner. Do they really work? Just curious.

Welcome. I have used the carb/fat blockers. Not sure if they work or not but they haven't hurt. Only a couple times have had to run to the bathroom about an hour after eating. Was told that it should not do that but that was what happened. Not every time, only 3 or 4. So not a good idea on a road trip!

keirasmommy
10-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks Lori! Appreciate the comments!

Karen1234
10-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks Lori! Appreciate the comments!

Welcome Keirasmommy,
I'm glad you found us, we're a pretty helpful and supportive bunch here. Wish you all the best on your new journey :0)

rip
10-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Keirasmommy,
Welcome! I have taken the fat/carb blockers a few times don't know if they really work or not. I didn't gain but didn't lose much either!

All,
I am so mad. I have been waiting and waiting for the mint bars at our center, finally got them in and they were gone b4 I could buy some. Aargh!!!!

Just had to vent a little.

Started MRC 5/9/09

LaRee mother of 3
10-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Good morning everyone!! :) Tonight I have my first weigh in after pre-conditioning. I pick up all my shakes and things this evening as well. I am not to happy I have only lost a pound or two. I have had a rough week with heart burn from the flax seed so I hope not taking it anymore will make it go away so that I can concentrate more on getting healthy! I am so excited to get this going! I think having to weigh in twice a week is going to help me stay focused and encouraged. Also with all of you wonderful ladies out here and your words of encouragement for one another is also a positve thing!! You are all wonderful I just wish I could meet some of you in person!! :) Have a great weekend everyone!!

TeresaG
10-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Good morning everyone!! :) Tonight I have my first weigh in after pre-conditioning. I pick up all my shakes and things this evening as well. I am not to happy I have only lost a pound or two. I have had a rough week with heart burn from the flax seed so I hope not taking it anymore will make it go away so that I can concentrate more on getting healthy! I am so excited to get this going! I think having to weigh in twice a week is going to help me stay focused and encouraged. Also with all of you wonderful ladies out here and your words of encouragement for one another is also a positve thing!! You are all wonderful I just wish I could meet some of you in person!! :) Have a great weekend everyone!!

Try not to let the numbers bother you. Let us know how your weigh in goes tonight. Heartburn is no fun, so hopefully not taking the flax will take care of that. Good luck and have a great OP weekend! There seem to be several from NE, so you could meet them.

keirasmommy
10-23-2009, 12:52 PM

Great job on your first week of reconditioning! I think I was down 3 after that week. I am on day 5 of my plan and doing well! I have to agree about the weigh in twice a week. I need that as well. Keep it up and hoping that heartburn goes away! Have a great Friday everyone!!:D

LaRee mother of 3
10-23-2009, 02:10 PM
I did not loose as much as I wanted to this week I don't think...but that is ok. I am just anxious to get started with everything else! :)

MEEZOOGIRL
10-23-2009, 02:26 PM
A Newbie here.. I am excited to find you girls. It has been great reading up about the plan. I signed up on Monday, and go in today to pick up my menu's and HFN. I'm ready to start.. A few girls where I work have done the program and had great success.. My worst thing is giving up soda.. I love me some coke zero..

Hard to start before the holidays, but better now than 10 lbs from now.. I'm hoping my mom will do it with me.

LaRee mother of 3
10-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi Newbie!! I am picking up my menu and things tonight as well!! Let's see if we can do some of this together!! I have never done it before but I am determined to loose 56 pounds by next April!! Good luck to you!!!

TeresaG
10-23-2009, 03:04 PM
A Newbie here.. I am excited to find you girls. It has been great reading up about the plan. I signed up on Monday, and go in today to pick up my menu's and HFN. I'm ready to start.. A few girls where I work have done the program and had great success.. My worst thing is giving up soda.. I love me some coke zero..

Hard to start before the holidays, but better now than 10 lbs from now.. I'm hoping my mom will do it with me.

Welcome. It sounds like you have a great support system already in place with your co-workers and possibly your mom too. You will find a ton of support and information here as well. Good luck on your journey.

MEEZOOGIRL
10-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

LaRae Good Luck to you too.. I"m determined as well.. I just want to start.. Hopefully the caffine won't be too bad.. I don't want to have to take out a co worker on Monday from withdrawls..

rip
10-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Meezoogirl/LaRee,
I remember how excited I was to start the program. Finally doing something good for myself instead of just thinking about it. No doubt you will have many questions at first. We are here to help with all your questions, frustrations and elations.

LaRee,
Did you say you go to the Bellevue Center?

Started MRC 5/9/09

Karen1234
10-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Welcome to all the Newbies!

:welcome:

Sending you all :dust:: as you start your journey :0)

kathyb712
10-23-2009, 07:44 PM
went to WI. weight stayed the same but I've lost 15 1/2 inches!!! WOOOOHOOO!!
:D

noahsmama
10-23-2009, 09:47 PM

Way to go!! That's awesome and keep up the good work

magnoliagirl
10-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Keirasmommy,
Welcome! I have taken the fat/carb blockers a few times don't know if they really work or not. I didn't gain but didn't lose much either!

All,
I am so mad. I have been waiting and waiting for the mint bars at our center, finally got them in and they were gone b4 I could buy some. Aargh!!!!

Just had to vent a little.

Started MRC 5/9/09
What fat/carb blockers do you take? I was thinking about getting some, but
not sure what brand/kind? Can you let me know.
Thanks, magnoliagirl

keirasmommy
10-23-2009, 10:26 PM
What fat/carb blockers do you take? I was thinking about getting some, but
not sure what brand/kind? Can you let me know.
Thanks, magnoliagirl
I bought the bottle from the center. They are called Carb and Fat Blockers. I think it was around 30 dollars? Not sure. I have heard of others buying something like Relacore from the drug store.

Great job on the inches lost! Yeh!!
Thank you Karen for the nice fairy dust welcome! I am so happy to be here!

Feeling good tonight. Still OP and feeling good!:smug:

LaRee mother of 3
10-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Yes I do. So far I really like it there. Today I got my menu and supplements. The only thing they are concerned about is my heartburn so I have to call the dr. I did not loose 1 pound on pre-conditioning! :( Very discouraging. It was hard to eat much of anything with the heartburn I have had. Going to start program tomorrow. I need all the support I can get. I really want to succeed at this!!! :0)

rip
10-24-2009, 06:48 PM
WI today. Stayed the same, not up, not down. The MRC counselor spent a lot of time with me and we went over absolutely everything I ate this week. I am going to try a couple of things. 1. Don't wait an hour to at in the morning. Drink my HNS on my way to work and finish off with the rest of my breakfast as soon as I get to work. 2. I cook my veggies until they are carmalized which is bad because it releases all the sugars so I am just going to eat steamed veggies. 3. Start eating 4oz of protein at lunch and dinner rather then 6 (If I don't get to hungry). She asked me to set a goal for next week which I set at a 4 pound losss. That would get me to the 70 pd. board. I have 3.5 to get there. I will exercise a little more than I have been. Even though they took my tanita numbers 2 weeks ago she did them again. I have lost 1.5 pounds of pure fat and gained .5 pounds of lean mass. That gave me some hope. It was amazing to not really have the scale move but have the numbers from two weeks ago and today right next to each other and see the difference. I made a 9am appt. with the same counselor for next Saturday morning. I really like that she just did not say well it's just a plateau, next week will be better but took the time to really go over everything and see what I can possibly do differently. I talked to her about MQ, she said they only recommend that if you have given 110%. My 2 scoops of peanut butter cancelled that out! Plus I really like my meal replacement shakes as a treat, don't have to cook and they taste so darn good. If I had them for 7 days in a row they might not seem like a splurge any longer.

kathyb, 15 inches is wonderful. I always wonder where it all goes to!

Started MRC 5/9/09

Lori123321
10-25-2009, 04:13 AM
Welcome to all the newbies!
I am having a hard time staying motivated. I keep forgetting my pills, broke my fave water bottle and craving chips and guacamole! I will not have success that way! Working 6 nights in a row after that emotionally exhusting week. Keeping track of my weight at home. No change at home scale. Doesn't help the motivation factor.
Plus side, I made chili that was awesome! I took the tomato part of the lasagne recipe and added chili mix (low sodium), no salt added chili beans, green onions and buffalo. I am planning on making a huge pot of it and freezing portions for later. I am also going to make and bring some in to work. They are always having food that I can't have. And this is good enough to share!

magnoliagirl
10-25-2009, 08:51 AM
WI today. Stayed the same, not up, not down. The MRC counselor spent a lot of time with me and we went over absolutely everything I ate this week. I am going to try a couple of things. 1. Don't wait an hour to at in the morning. Drink my HNS on my way to work and finish off with the rest of my breakfast as soon as I get to work. 2. I cook my veggies until they are carmalized which is bad because it releases all the sugars so I am just going to eat steamed veggies. 3. Start eating 4oz of protein at lunch and dinner rather then 6 (If I don't get to hungry). She asked me to set a goal for next week which I set at a 4 pound losss. That would get me to the 70 pd. board. I have 3.5 to get there. I will exercise a little more than I have been. Even though they took my tanita numbers 2 weeks ago she did them again. I have lost 1.5 pounds of pure fat and gained .5 pounds of lean mass. That gave me some hope. It was amazing to not really have the scale move but have the numbers from two weeks ago and today right next to each other and see the difference. I made a 9am appt. with the same counselor for next Saturday morning. I really like that she just did not say well it's just a plateau, next week will be better but took the time to really go over everything and see what I can possibly do differently. I talked to her about MQ, she said they only recommend that if you have given 110%. My 2 scoops of peanut butter cancelled that out! Plus I really like my meal replacement shakes as a treat, don't have to cook and they taste so darn good. If I had them for 7 days in a row they might not seem like a splurge any longer.

kathyb, 15 inches is wonderful. I always wonder where it all goes to!

Started MRC 5/9/09

Hi Rip, I was having a problem with hunger from after lunch to dinner, they suggested to do my fiberfil mixed with my hns in between lunch in dinner and that seem to help with my hunger problem. good luck, magnoliagirl :D

kathyb712
10-25-2009, 06:54 PM
rip I don't care where they go as long as none of us get them back lol
you're almost there rip don't get too discouraged we're pulling for ya!!:hug:

rip
10-25-2009, 08:06 PM
MagniliaGirl,
Thanks for the tip I will try that when I get hungry. I keep some fiberfills at work.

kathyb712,

Started MRC 5/9/09

keirasmommy
10-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Welcome to all the newbies!
I am having a hard time staying motivated. I keep forgetting my pills, broke my fave water bottle and craving chips and guacamole! I will not have success that way! Working 6 nights in a row after that emotionally exhusting week. Keeping track of my weight at home. No change at home scale. Doesn't help the motivation factor.
Plus side, I made chili that was awesome! I took the tomato part of the lasagne recipe and added chili mix (low sodium), no salt added chili beans, green onions and buffalo. I am planning on making a huge pot of it and freezing portions for later. I am also going to make and bring some in to work. They are always having food that I can't have. And this is good enough to share!

Lori- Keep your eye on the prize! Think of the money you have spent, think of why you want to lose weight in the first place, make a list, etc.! I know how that is. Last night I went to the Avs game and all of the smells from the concessions were killing me but pulled through. You can do it! We are here for you!
Good idea on the chili. I will have to check that out. Great to bring to work!!

I have lost 6 lbs in 6 days. Feeling VERY good. I am enjoying this plan and feeling motivated. Thank you all for your great posts! Very helpful and inspiring! Congrats on all of your successes this far!

LaRee mother of 3
10-26-2009, 10:52 AM
This is tough...I am only on my 2nd day eating op. I have trouble eating that many veggies. I am determined to do this but today is just a rough day I woke up with the worst headache and it is not going away. :( I miss my carbs!!! :) As I am sure everyone does. I just keep telling myself that I can do this. I brought a plain lettuce salad with some smoked chicken my hubby made last night. I bought the spritzers my counselor recommended but I would so much rather have my fat free dorothy lynch!!! I weighed in last Friday night with NO LOSS!! I was so discouraged about my preconditioning non weight loss. But I had heart burn so bad during the week it was tough to stick to program...I really ate very little so you would have thought I would have lost something. Anyway....I am just grumbling because I have a headache and I want my dorothy lynch....What a baby I am being today. I also ran into an old friend last week at the center....she looks great!! I was discouraged though. I talked to her that night on the phone and she told me her BMI...I told her mine and you would have thought she was going to have a heart attack. She said oh my that is terrible. A bit discouraging! Anyway I am done ranting. It is tough but I am bound to get through the beginning in hopes it gets easier. Have a great day everyone!!! :)

shopgirl
10-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi Rip, I was having a problem with hunger from after lunch to dinner, they suggested to do my fiberfil mixed with my hns in between lunch in dinner and that seem to help with my hunger problem. good luck, magnoliagirl :D

Hey, Magnoliagirl!
Are you going to do the Medi Quick challenge this week at our center?? I am. I have to get some more bars b/c they ran out! I'm waiting to see when they get their shipment so I can make the trek from Denton to McKinney to pick them up! :)
Anyhow, I was going to tell you that I love the fiberfills! YUM! I use them on days I work b/c I'm so active at work. How are you doing on plan? Hope all is well!

GWE140
10-26-2009, 12:42 PM
This is tough...I am only on my 2nd day eating op. I have trouble eating that many veggies. I am determined to do this but today is just a rough day I woke up with the worst headache and it is not going away. :( I miss my carbs!!! :) As I am sure everyone does. I just keep telling myself that I can do this. I brought a plain lettuce salad with some smoked chicken my hubby made last night. I bought the spritzers my counselor recommended but I would so much rather have my fat free dorothy lynch!!! I weighed in last Friday night with NO LOSS!! I was so discouraged about my preconditioning non weight loss. But I had heart burn so bad during the week it was tough to stick to program...I really ate very little so you would have thought I would have lost something. Anyway....I am just grumbling because I have a headache and I want my dorothy lynch....What a baby I am being today. I also ran into an old friend last week at the center....she looks great!! I was discouraged though. I talked to her that night on the phone and she told me her BMI...I told her mine and you would have thought she was going to have a heart attack. She said oh my that is terrible. A bit discouraging! Anyway I am done ranting. It is tough but I am bound to get through the beginning in hopes it gets easier. Have a great day everyone!!! :)

Oh please just hang in there! you are in the most difficult transition into the program, in a few days you will feel better...but you must eat all your food or your body will shut down...and you will not see the scale move...I really have to watch my salt intake or I will not lose at all...It will be worth the headaches in a couple of weeks when you will be feeling exhilarated . Good luck!:dust:

rip
10-26-2009, 05:57 PM
LaRee,
Hang in there. The first few days are the worst. I had headaches, dizziness, blurred vision but it does pass and once it does you will feel much better.

My goodness that was a little rude of your friend. She could have said something along the lines of 'it will go down, that's why you are here and it really works, etc, etc. I am sure she did not mean it to sound that bad. Oh well. I wouldn't worry about it or let it get you down. It's just a number and you are doing something about it.

Started MRC 5/9/09

magnoliagirl
10-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Hey, Magnoliagirl!
Are you going to do the Medi Quick challenge this week at our center?? I am. I have to get some more bars b/c they ran out! I'm waiting to see when they get their shipment so I can make the trek from Denton to McKinney to pick them up! :)
Anyhow, I was going to tell you that I love the fiberfills! YUM! I use them on days I work b/c I'm so active at work. How are you doing on plan? Hope all is well!

Shopgirl - yes I am doing the Medi Quick this week. Weighed in today, forgot
to look if they got anything in, they were real low on Thursday. I did get
the vanilla wafers, they are good. I am doing okay. I have yet to lose more than 1.5# a week. Thought I would lose at least 3. I follow everything on the menu, weigh everything, just slow for me. Hope this week will give me a jump. They have about 20 people doing MQ this week, I don't have a chance of winning, but at least I can move my football some yardage.
You have a little drive from Denton to McKinney. Hope one day to run into you. I go on Monday and Friday, usually around 4:30 - 5. Have you heard anymore from bjwizzy?
magnoliagirl:)

Lori123321
10-27-2009, 11:20 AM

I am sorry you are feeling bad. This is part of the detox that some people get and is also part of ketosis. So things are happening in your body. You can try B12 for headaches, worked for me. I just bought them at the store, I take 1 of the 500 daily and a second for headaches. water soluable vitamen so should not build up in your system.
Be gentle on yourself. You are changing your whole lifestyle and that is never easy. I still whine, usually at breakfast and lunch 3 times a week so I can have cheese with my whine! The pounds will come off if you stick with it. You are a strong, beautiful woman and deserve any goal you set for yourself.

leahruthie
10-27-2009, 11:38 AM
i am REALLY whiny about breakfast, lol. i rarely have time to make anything for breakfast (not to mention the fact that i really don't like eggs, haha) so i'm often feeling all boo-hoo and poor-me about what i'm going to do for breakfast when it used to be SO EASY to microwave some brown sugar oatmeal or have some yogurt/granola/berries. methinks i need to start getting creative before i explode. :P

leahruthie
10-27-2009, 11:39 AM
magnoliagirl!! i just realized that your ticker has you going down to 35 pounds--you might want to change it to 135! :) it will make your goal seem a LOT closer, hehe ;)

Karen1234
10-27-2009, 05:49 PM

LaRee,
Hang in there... the first few days are the worse but it gets better... I went through all the same stuff... dizziness, headaches, weakness, fatigue, nauseated etc... took 3-4 days but it finally passed... carb & caffeine detox is tough! You can do this, just got to make up your mind you really want this, it's worth it to you and just go for it.

magnoliagirl
10-27-2009, 05:53 PM
magnoliagirl!! i just realized that your ticker has you going down to 35 pounds--you might want to change it to 135! :) it will make your goal seem a LOT closer, hehe ;)

Thanks for pointing that out, don't think I could survive at 35#.
My ticker looks better. magnoliagirl:dizzy:

FEWoman
10-29-2009, 12:57 PM
It's been awhile since I've been on. It's been a hard month though I've kept losing. I found myself getting mad if I took a bite of mac & cheese or stealing a drink of diet pepsi. This week I started OVER...my timing is better, I'm back on the supplements, HNS, and sticking to the program better. Once I signed that 40 pound board I felt like my little cheats were okay so I succumbed to more. I want to be in the 100's by the new year so I need to get back on track. It helps to read about others who lost motivation AND also read about others who have stuck with it. That helps to push me a bit more. :)

MEEZOOGIRL
10-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Well, it's been a week today.. So far so good.. My first WI I was down 4.5lbs. YEAH!!! felt really encouraged. I do ok with the food, but I have a hard time eating the snacks. I'm just not a daytime snacker.. Night time that's another story. I'm going tomorrow for my second WI. Last weekend was not a good weekend to give up caffine.. I had a kids halloween party to go to.. Man I could have used some starbucks..

LaRee I used the B 12 and B 6. They really helped with the headache from Caffine withdrawl and energy

Today was our company party, so I did go off program.. Just plan to get right back on.

If I can do this anyone can.. I do have to say I miss my carbs.. I wish we could have carbs at lunch..

Thanks for all the well wishes.. Nice to see that everyone struggles a little even if you've been doing it a while.

kathyb712
10-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Going for my final WI for October. Hoping to be able to sign the 20 lb board , but I dunno I still have 5 lbs to go from my WI at the beginning of the week, so we'll see.

Setting my goal for November of 15 lbs. Keep my fingers crossed.

FEWoman
10-31-2009, 12:54 AM
Going for my final WI for October. Hoping to be able to sign the 20 lb board , but I dunno I still have 5 lbs to go from my WI at the beginning of the week, so we'll see.

Setting my goal for November of 15 lbs. Keep my fingers crossed.

Go girl go!!! :carrot:

FEWoman
10-31-2009, 01:01 AM
I follow everything on the menu, weigh everything, just slow for me. Hope this week will give me a jump. They have about 20 people doing MQ this week, I don't have a chance of winning, but at least I can move my football some yardage.

How did MQ work out for you? I did it for a week and surprisingly I lost 1 pound in 6 days. I thought maybe I didn't follow it correctly though I talked to the MRC ladies and they said I did. I have no idea what that was all about. Now though, I have a shake for breakfast because I'm always in a rush in the morning (I bought a Ninja blender and love it...makes things quick) and that seems to help...I eat regular throughout the day and this last week I lost 6 lbs. The combination of MQ & the regular menu seems to work for me more than MQ itself. I'm interested in how you did! Good luck!!!:D

rip
10-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Went to WI today. Hoping to lose 4 but only lost 2.5. That's okay. It is better than I had been doing. One more to the 70 pd. board. I so hope I make it by next Sat. I have to stay far away from the pizza tonight!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/flower02/lb/282/178/213/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Started MRC 5/9/09

reuselady
10-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Went to WI today. Hoping to lose 4 but only lost 2.5. That's okay. It is better than I had been doing. One more to the 70 pd. board. I so hope I make it by next Sat. I have to stay far away from the pizza tonight!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/flower02/lb/282/178/213/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Started MRC 5/9/09

You can do it, Rip! One slice of pizza will not taste anywhere near as good as signing that 70 lb board!! You've been doing great and I love the picture of you and your husband. Thanks, jeanette

teachingmom
10-31-2009, 12:49 PM
It's been awhile since I've been on. It's been a hard month though I've kept losing. I found myself getting mad if I took a bite of mac & cheese or stealing a drink of diet pepsi. This week I started OVER...my timing is better, I'm back on the supplements, HNS, and sticking to the program better. Once I signed that 40 pound board I felt like my little cheats were okay so I succumbed to more. I want to be in the 100's by the new year so I need to get back on track. It helps to read about others who lost motivation AND also read about others who have stuck with it. That helps to push me a bit more. :)

I also feel encouraged when I look at others' tickers, even though it doesn't seem possible for me. I had a rough few days and fell totally off the plan last night. I as well need to get back to supplements. I want to be in the 100's by the new year as well. Even though you don't have as far as I do to go, I'm at 225, maybe we can keep each other motivated!

FEWoman
10-31-2009, 03:16 PM
I also feel encouraged when I look at others' tickers, even though it doesn't seem possible for me. I had a rough few days and fell totally off the plan last night. I as well need to get back to supplements. I want to be in the 100's by the new year as well. Even though you don't have as far as I do to go, I'm at 225, maybe we can keep each other motivated!

It's all easier said than done some days, huh? I know! The part that keeps me going after an off night or week (:dizzy:) is the fact that I can start clean the next day. Don't beat yourself up EVER because this is a lifestyle change and it's not going to be perfect all the time. Celebrate your successes and learn from the challenges. YOU CAN DO IT!!! We can do it!!

Have a good day and remember you have support! :hug:

Lori123321
11-01-2009, 08:41 AM
It's all easier said than done some days, huh? I know! The part that keeps me going after an off night or week (:dizzy:) is the fact that I can start clean the next day. Don't beat yourself up EVER because this is a lifestyle change and it's not going to be perfect all the time. Celebrate your successes and learn from the challenges. YOU CAN DO IT!!! We can do it!!

Have a good day and remember you have support! :hug:
How right! I took a few bites of the halloween candy. But today is a new day, a chance to have success or not, it all depends on how we want the day to go!

You can do this, you have the information, the supplies and everyone on here. Think of how nice it will be to ring in the new year with a body in onederland!

Started MRC 5/9/09
Yeah, you sexy hot mama! The 70 pound board is just within reach.
Sign it as big and bold as you please!

Lori123321
11-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Shopgirl - yes I am doing the Medi Quick this week. Weighed in today, forgot
to look if they got anything in, they were real low on Thursday. I did get
the vanilla wafers, they are good. I am doing okay. I have yet to lose more than 1.5# a week. Thought I would lose at least 3. I follow everything on the menu, weigh everything, just slow for me. Hope this week will give me a jump. They have about 20 people doing MQ this week, I don't have a chance of winning, but at least I can move my football some yardage.
You have a little drive from Denton to McKinney. Hope one day to run into you. I go on Monday and Friday, usually around 4:30 - 5. Have you heard anymore from bjwizzy?
magnoliagirl:)

Trying to do MQ for a few days and need info. Talked with center and they said it could help but was not really all for it. After indulging in a few forbidden chocolates last night, I need to make a change for me! I am not sure but think it is a bar or shake for breakfast and lunch, normal dinner. Then someone was talking about the powder stuff? Also heard I can get that at Costco or somewhere like that. I assume I also do the hns, do you get a creamy? I am going to muddle through today and do the best I can. WI tomorrow and get whatever else I need. I don't think I should do the MQ on my nights on, too many hours and not enough food.
My WI Friday showed that I am still gaining and losing the same 3 pounds from beginning of Oct. The whole month and no real change. Time to shake things up a bit. :carrot:

Phat not Fat
11-01-2009, 12:28 PM

Started MRC 5/9/09

Rip --

Seventy pounds! You go, girl! That is incredibly awesome!! You've done very well and should be so proud of yourself!

I went to WI on Saturday. Had been 100% OP since Tuesday and was only down 1.5 lbs. Although that took me .5 lb past my October goal, I was really looking forward to more of a loss. So, I'm pushing it hard and looking forward to better results on Tuesday!

-- JJ

shopgirl
11-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Trying to do MQ for a few days and need info. Talked with center and they said it could help but was not really all for it. After indulging in a few forbidden chocolates last night, I need to make a change for me! I am not sure but think it is a bar or shake for breakfast and lunch, normal dinner. Then someone was talking about the powder stuff? Also heard I can get that at Costco or somewhere like that. I assume I also do the hns, do you get a creamy? I am going to muddle through today and do the best I can. WI tomorrow and get whatever else I need. I don't think I should do the MQ on my nights on, too many hours and not enough food.
My WI Friday showed that I am still gaining and losing the same 3 pounds from beginning of Oct. The whole month and no real change. Time to shake things up a bit. :carrot:

Lori--- I just finished MQ. I only lost 0.5 lb but I have to admit the change in and of itself was nice! Today I am back on plan....same ol' green menu :) Ok, I have the MQ menu here. You can have a bar OR a meal replacement shake for dinner and then the same for lunch BUT....you can't have 2 bars per day but you CAN have 2 shakes......so, for example, I would have a bar for breakfast but then I HAD TO have a shake for lunch--couldn't have another bar.....or one day I did a shake for breakfast and a shake for dinner (you know you can use the chocolate drinks...ready to drink....for a meal replacement---you drink 2 of those to count as a meal replacement). Anyhow, dinner is a typical green menu dinner--4 oz protein, veg, carb. You can do it for UP TO 7 days but not longer than that per month. In addition to your bar/meal replacement at your meals, you have to do an HNS....actually, you have to max out your HNS's per day. And yes, you can have a creamy per day same as on green plan. Hope that helps!

kathyb712
11-01-2009, 01:17 PM
WI Friday stayed the same. There's always tomorrow!!.
However I did Have a nsv and got into a pair of size 20 jeans!! I'll take it!!

shopgirl
11-01-2009, 01:19 PM
WI Friday stayed the same. There's always tomorrow!!.
However I did Have a nsv and got into a pair of size 20 jeans!! I'll take it!!

Good for you, Kathy! It's the BEST feeling to go down in size! You're almost in the teens!! Yea! Keep it up!! :D

rip
11-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Kathyb712,
Great job. I bet those jeans look so good.

Lori123321,
I will sign that board as big as I can. Had a bad day yesterday, must eat OP rest of the week. No cheats.

Sounds like your date went fairly well. I understand your reservations with him thinking he can't do what you are doing to lose the weight. But....it took you awhile to get to this point. If you had dated someone previsouly to joining MRC and they told you about it you may have had the same response. We all take this step when we are ready. My guess is that if things go well and you two hit it off that by osmosis he may begin to embrace MRC. Heck my husband who really was not overweight lost 10 pounds the first month I as on the diet just by eating what I cooked. I of course added sides that I could not eat but he still lost. We had to actually find things for him to snack on so he didn't lose any more. I am so proud of you for getting out there are and meeting others.

TeresaG
11-01-2009, 07:10 PM

You are doing such a great job! You can get there and sign that board! :congrat:

LaRee mother of 3
11-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Oh what a bad weekend I had. I was down five pounds this past week which is great...but then I had a cupcake and a small slice of pizza at a party last night. :( I am so bad at just pushing the food away....time to re-group.

Lori123321
11-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Kathyb712,
Great job. I bet those jeans look so good.

Lori123321,
I will sign that board as big as I can. Had a bad day yesterday, must eat OP rest of the week. No cheats.

Sounds like your date went fairly well. I understand your reservations with him thinking he can't do what you are doing to lose the weight. But....it took you awhile to get to this point. If you had dated someone previsouly to joining MRC and they told you about it you may have had the same response. We all take this step when we are ready. My guess is that if things go well and you two hit it off that by osmosis he may begin to embrace MRC. Heck my husband who really was not overweight lost 10 pounds the first month I as on the diet just by eating what I cooked. I of course added sides that I could not eat but he still lost. We had to actually find things for him to snack on so he didn't lose any more. I am so proud of you for getting out there are and meeting others.

Thanks, we went out again today. And believe it or not, he said almost the same thing. He thinks I will be a good influence on him but he might be a bad one on me! We talked more about it and think we can find common ground. He has already told me he wants a 3rd and 4th date. ;)

Dolly
11-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Oh rip, that is fabulous! You are so inspiring.

Kathy, NSV are great. Even though the scale fluctuates by a few pounds, you'll still be a size smaller in jeans.

Lori, I don't know how you have the energy to date at all. After reading your posts, I'm glad I have a relatively drama free no-guessing relationship.

LaRee, you can do this.:)

FEWoman
11-01-2009, 11:56 PM
On a whim I tried on my 18s that I've been hanging on to. THEY FIT!! I found my motivation for this week! I bought a pair of 16s a while back just for motivation. I've never fit into them. I'm determined!

I will not eat my kids' Halloween candy...I will NOT eat my kids' Halloween candy.....

keirasmommy
11-02-2009, 01:20 PM
FEWoman- YEH on the size 18's!! GOOD FOR U!

I am with ya on the will to not eat my kid's halloween candy....need to get it out of the house!!

rip
11-02-2009, 07:04 PM
FEWoman,
That is so wonderful. You will be in the 16's b4 you know it. It's great motivation isn't it.

Lori123321,
That is too funny. I am so happy that you are moving on. You are a wonderful inspiration and have an awful lot of responsibilities that you met head on.

Phat not Fat,
I know you would have liked more than 1.5 pounds but 1.5 is still good. Often WI is so disappointing but look at where you were b4 your doing great!

LaRee,
Hang in there, be committed think of all the reasons you are doing this.

I also had a bad weekend. Sat night 2 pieces of pizza, 3 trick or treat size mounds candy. Sunday lasagna. I have not been that bad since I started and I felt like crap. Had the hardest time sleeping, felt like a lead balloon in my stomach, and felt guilty for eating the stuff. I so wanted to eat what everyone else was. I just need to keep telling myself that 35 more pounds and I can slowly start eating those things again, but in moderation, not like I use to. Back OP today. Fish in the oven and canned no salt green beans!

Started MRC 5/9/09

leahruthie
11-02-2009, 10:21 PM
hey guys... i'm not sure which thread to put this question in and i'm a wee bit too worn out right now to start a new one, but here it is: i'm really picky about bread and tortillas, so i was wondering what anyone thought about using cheerios for the starch in the morning? a half a cup is 50 calories and probably less than one gram of fat, they're high in fiber and low in sugar... what do you think? would that be OK? it would just be so much more appealing to me in the morning to take a half-cup of cheerios in a baggie with me to work than to force down bread or tortillas that i don't like or to eat yet another serving of melba toast. just trying to open up my options here.. :)

LaRee mother of 3
11-03-2009, 09:14 AM
I am not a big tortilla fan but I tried something this week that I really like for dinner. I take a low calorie tortilla spray it with ICBINB, then put on my smoked chicken my hubby made (I shred the chicken), put on a bit of hard cheese (shredded) and broil it...yum!!! after...I throw on some shredded lettuce and sometimes a little spray of the spritzer dressing. Love this! As for the canned green beans no salt....it is my veggie staple...I would be lost without them! :)

Joy2MeNu
11-03-2009, 10:05 AM
I am not a big tortilla fan but I tried something this week that I really like for dinner. I take a low calorie tortilla spray it with ICBINB, then put on my smoked chicken my hubby made (I shred the chicken), put on a bit of hard cheese (shredded) and broil it...yum!!! after...I throw on some shredded lettuce and sometimes a little spray of the spritzer dressing. Love this! As for the canned green beans no salt....it is my veggie staple...I would be lost without them! :)

Wondering, what is ICBINB. I guess I should know, but . . . :dizzy:

LaRee mother of 3
11-03-2009, 10:17 AM
I can't believe it's not butter. :)

MEEZOOGIRL
11-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Feeling a bit discouraged.. WI today and was only down .5.. :-( Was really good all weekend.. I skipped a meal on Sun.. We ate a late breakfast and an early dinner.. Can that make that much difference? I even resisted Halloween Candy..

GWE140
11-03-2009, 03:10 PM
I just do not know about this program at times >>> I will spend two full weeks 100% on program and struggle to lose 2 pounds...then I spent three days eating 7 regular sized candy bars, two bowls of Doritos and a small hamburger and lose 2 pounds in those 3 days...I have been discouraged lately too now that I am reaching my last 20 pounds...and today during my WI my counselor had me put on and wear a vest weighted down with 20lb weights...WOW what an eye opener...20 pounds is still a lot of weight and my knees even hurt as I was wearing the vest...the scariest thought is that I have lost 58 pounds nearly three of these vest and I just could not fathom how I carried all that weight around with me...I am now focused on getting down 2 lbs to sign the 60 pound board and to lose 10 pounds this month...

Dolly
11-03-2009, 03:53 PM
I've never tried one of those vest. I'm not sure my center has them. I need some motivation though.

leahruthie
11-03-2009, 04:40 PM
sounds like my weekend, genell! (candy bars aplenty, eek)

i could really use some extra motivation, too. sometimes i feel like i'm beating my head against a wall or like i can't ever eat anything good again. i know part of that is my fault because i'm picky and/or lazy and don't prepare actual recipes, but i miss being able to have snacks (air-popped popcorn or a handful of almonds) in the afternoon or to have a bowl of soup from a local restaurant that makes REALLY GOOD homemade soup.... ugh. *whine*

someone squeeze all this whine out of me!!

LaRee mother of 3
11-03-2009, 06:01 PM
I know that weight loss is a tough thing. I have never been successfull at any diet in my past to where I could actually keep any weight off. It all just came back. And the tough thing is, it comes back much quicker than it came off. I have only been eating OP for about a week and a half now and so I have not hit that burnt out mode yet because of the lack of variety. I am also a very picky eater so I am sure the day will come. I just hope that I can keep a good perspective on things.
I am so looking forward to retire these pants I am wearing. To drop a size would be awesome. It is probably going to take another 15 pounds but I know I can do it. Think about it, if you have dropped in your pants size how would it feel to have to go back to the old ones...very discouraging. And when that occurs you (at least I am) are so tempted to just throw in the towel because you feel you have failed. Don't go down that road...keep dropping those pants sizes!
I have put out a lot of money on this diet as well so that is a motivator. I have 3 awesome boys who would love nothing more than there mom to be a healthy weight. Someone who can run and play and throw the ball around. They have faith in me that I can do this so I am not about to let them down. And in this economy we are in, I don't want to just throw the money in the trash with no care in the world. I mean, this is money I could have used on those 3 awesome boys...but they would rather mom be healthy! :)
For me my weight has always been something that only bothered me at times...not always. Only when I wanted to go outside and play with my kids, go out on a nice date with my hubby and especially around those in-laws who like to talk about me behind my back. All of the other times I just fed my face and didn't think about it. But was it worth those few moments of tastefull bliss? For the moments I would say yes because I love my food. But it just is not worth it anymore. I am worth more than that. I want my whole life to be filled with bliss not just those mere moments of tasty gratification. I want more out of life. I want to be that woman who 15 years ago had all the ambition in the world and nothing could stop me. That woman who could go into any store and find an outfit on the front racks instead of traveling to the back of the store in hopes that even the plus size clothes would look nice. Failure is not an option at this point in my life and I hope those of you who find yourself at the point of being angry and wanting to quit remember that you are worth more than any donut, candybar, pasta or any other blissfull tasting food! You are a wonderfull person and when your weightloss journey is over...and you are at stabiliztion, you can hold your head high. Because you know that you have accomplished one of the most difficult struggles in your life. Even with the slip here and there you pulled through because you knew you had to for yourself. Because if you don't, you are going to be putting on those old pants again...and probably buying more! Who wants to do that????

I don't know if this helps anyone but it did me some good to right it!! :)

FEWoman
11-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Even with the slip here and there you pulled through because you knew you had to for yourself. Because if you don't, you are going to be putting on those old pants again...and probably buying more! Who wants to do that????

You are so right! I just cleaned out my closet and retired 15 pairs of pants. Because of that I treated myself to a little shopping and bought a couple new pairs. That felt so good, it was motivation and helped me realize that even though it feels like a slow process, it's worth fighting for.

I cheat, I fail, I fall, but it's those times when I remember WHY I'm doing this is what gets me through those slumps.

Today I got a couple comments from fellow coworkers about how much I've slimmed down. Now I hate to ever say that I do it for others, for comments, or to impress people, but those comments make me feel like I have others holding me accountable and the mere noticing of my weight loss definitely helps me continue. After those comments today, I resisted Mexican candy (my true addiction) and the extra soda. It was hard at first but the fact that someone is FINALLY noticing helped.

I struggle as much as any other person (i'm narcissistic so at times I feel like I struggle more) but the point is, is that as long as we have support, someone to talk to and vent to, it makes it a little easier.

Keep posting, stay honest, keep on keeping on. We're in it together no matter where we all are!

I feel like a cheeseball but really, I gain strength from reading others' posts. I need that motivation and reality check.:dizzy:

CndLou
11-19-2009, 12:57 AM
Hello Everyone! I am a newbie and have mixed feelings about MRC. I really want to lose weight and like that this plan involves real food, however after reading pages of posts I feel that MRC is not real upfront about all the supplements. I am willing to give it a try though because I do agree that much of that money towards healthy supplements might have gone towards junky food. I hope to find the consultants supportive and not pushy or rude like I have read in some posts. I guess I have a little anxiety and hope my usual optimism will bring me through. It has been eye-opening reading all the posts and I look forward to losing weight with you all in the future! :)

CndLou
11-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Hello Everyone! I am a newbie and have mixed feelings about MRC. I really want to lose weight and like that this plan involves real food, however after reading pages of posts I feel that MRC is not real upfront about all the supplements. I am willing to give it a try though because I do agree that much of that money towards healthy supplements might have gone towards junky food. I hope to find the consultants supportive and not pushy or rude like I have read in some posts. I guess I have a little anxiety and hope my usual optimism will bring me through. It has been eye-opening reading all the posts and I look forward to losing weight with you all in the future!

Keiko
11-19-2009, 01:24 AM
Hello Everyone! I am a newbie and have mixed feelings about MRC. I really want to lose weight and like that this plan involves real food, however after reading pages of posts I feel that MRC is not real upfront about all the supplements. I am willing to give it a try though because I do agree that much of that money towards healthy supplements might have gone towards junky food. I hope to find the consultants supportive and not pushy or rude like I have read in some posts. I guess I have a little anxiety and hope my usual optimism will bring me through. It has been eye-opening reading all the posts and I look forward to losing weight with you all in the future!

:welcome3:

Welcome aboard! I think most of us have had some mixed feelings about the pressure to buy supplements. I began my journey with MRC6 only, other than the vitamin and fish oil. I was 'encouraged' to go with the enhancer, which I opted to go with (although told myself I wouldn't) and I'm not convinced it's making a difference. My average is between 2 - 3 lbs and I haven't noticed a big uptick in my average since using the enhancer. My advice - don't buy into them if you feel uncomfortable. Others have expressed their feelings about declining as well. If anyone is supportive of the enhancer I'd be curious? I believe if you can work on healthy, OP eating and some exercise you will have the tools to be successful. Enjoy the program and your success.

CndLou
11-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Keiko, great advice. I will definitely keep this in mind when I go to my program meeting on Friday...I read that this is when they tell you about all the supplements. 45 lbs = AWESOME!!!! :)