Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default argh, am i the only one who feels this way?

so i gained 1 lb this week which brings my loss over the past 2 weeks to a big fat 0.4 lb. i know i was a little more lax than usual this week, but i still felt like i did pretty well! i know 1 lb isnt a big deal, but sometimes my weight loss feels like 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

when i look at the numbers for the past few weeks i cant help but feel like the past 2 weeks were just a waste. why was i working so hard and exercising for two weeks, only to lose a collective and measly 0.4 lb. does anyone else have this? where you feel like a week with a gain or a week without a loss is just a total waste?
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Are you still calorie cycling???
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #3  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

yep! 12-1350 most days, like once or twice a week i bump up to 1600
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #4  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I hate that, too. I currently seem to hit a new low and then stay around a pound or two above that for a good ten days! Very frustrating. And I can imagine that kind of pattern changes as you lose the weight. Your body may be entering a whole new phase in this journey.

And when I think about the way I used to eat? All the things that I'm not eating now? I feel like I should be losing a pound a day! Apparently it doesn't work like that.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/ticker/176

Height: 180cm/6ft

I know what you mean. When you just relax slightly and it feels like you've undone all your hard work. I hate when I just have one little bread roll with dinner one night, a couple of glasses of wine another night and an extra yoghurt or two during the week and I haven't lost anything. It's like, "Frickin' ****, do I have to be SO strict ALL the time?"

Looking at the positive side, over two weeks you still did lose, plus you exercised which would have helped your cardiovascular system and fitness level.
Maybe you've put on a bit of muscle too?

Keep at it. Sometimes after a week like that, the following week you'll lose two pounds to make up for it!
Aussie Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #6  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Maybe your body is adjusting to it's new lower weight? You are doing amazing! You have lost 45 lbs! Keep it up!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

You could very well have a BIG loss in a week or so because of this. You are doing wonderfully!
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #8  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

I feel your pain... I really do. I recently went through this for about a month. I was bouncing between 164-162 and it seemed like no matter how hard I worked out (and I was working out hard!) and how strictly I was counting my calories, nothing worked. I mean you really do feel like what's the point? Why am I working so hard if I'm not losing weight? I think the most frustrating thing was just feeling like I was doing everything right and nothing was working.

It's tough, but the fight is worth it. What's the alternative - do nothing, go back to your old ways and gain weight back? Definitely not on the table!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #9  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
You could very well have a BIG loss in a week or so because of this. You are doing wonderfully!
I second this!! After sitting at the same weight for a month I suddenly dropped 3 lbs!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #10  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

julia - the "argh" point has been the story of my entire journey! I regularly spend 3 weeks in the same place. The only thing that keeps me sane is that I record weight and measurements on the first day of every month, and when I'm really aggravated, I go back and look at that monthly tally. You're just not a "big girl" any more! My plan is basically the same as yours, calorie-wise, and it continues to work - just slowly. Settle in the for the long haul!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote