Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/tracker/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Talking Approved!

I just got word that my surgery was apporived!!I am super excited. I won't know my surgery date until next week. What protien shakes or powders does everyone reccommend?
Duckslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #2  
Pertnear Domestic Goddess

S/C/G: 250/133/125 RNY5/11/09

Height: 5'3

Glad you were approved,My favorite protein shake is the EAS Carb control. It has 17 grams of protein with only 2 carbs and a 4 pack is less than $5 at walmart.
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5.5"

Do those taste good Gina???
mgf~
MyGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #4  
fabulous by 40

S/C/G: 240

Height: 5'04

Congrats! I am 1 week out tomorrow from mine!

I like premier protien 30gs per shake, only comes in chocolate though. After surgery though my doc requires all patients to be in isopure zero carbw/50g of protien per shake for at least a month. Actually I think I might take my priemers and mix in the isopure poweder and have 1 shake that is 80g per day.
sindurella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:41 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Congrats!

I like Nectar Fuzzy Navel by Syntrax

I also get Body Fortress in Vanilla Chocolate and Cookies and Cream at Walmart (it's not expensive which is a good thing)

to make my protein more enjoyable I make it in the blender with a variety of sugar free davinci syrups.... (like for example cookies and cream protein powder mixed with milk and a couple of squirts of vanilla, white chocolate and Kahlua syrups...
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #6  
Old Cackler

ooooh!!!! another fuzzy navel fan!!! and FYI, for me, just after surgery, if i blended something i got SO SICK from all that air. so i started pouring them over ice - it worked fine for me and i didn't get all that air in my tiny tummy.

after awhile, i also started mixing it into plain LF yogurt - made sort of a pudding, which was a VERY nice change

I also carried a spare EAS low carb shake - chocolate was best, but that strawberry wasn't bad, either - as long as they were icy cold.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #7  

thank you foir all your suggestions! there are so many out there I am lost as to what to try. I am going to make a list and buy one of each so I can figure out what i like. the syrup Idea is an awesome one!! Congrats to you Sindurella I bet you are excited!

Last edited by Duckslove; 10-08-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #8  

I just want to add, I am a long time lurker, and occasional poster. Many of you have shared so much and I want to thank you for all your threads and posts. even tho I am lurky, it has helped me so much on this journey.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #9  
Pertnear Domestic Goddess

S/C/G: 250/133/125 RNY5/11/09

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGirlFriday View Post
Do those taste good Gina???
mgf~
I like them, they come in 4 flavors Chocolate, Fudge,vanilla & strawberry,but everyone has their taste to what they like.
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Yahoo! Moving over on the WLS bench for ya! I tend to like the Syntax fruity protein shakes, but am surprised that I can actually stomach the Atkin's chocolate and vanilla. Also like the Mattrix chocolate and vanilla. Miss Ange had lots of recipes for protein drinks a while back, but today the girl is having a tummy tuck!!!! Read, read, read, the material your WLS people are giving you and then read it again. We're here for you.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #11  

thank you so much. I am now trying to find a chewable multi vitamin I can stand along with the vitamin D and b12 i need. I found a liquid calcium that i dont mind too much, and gummi multi vitamin, but i have to ask y doc if they are ok.