Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 07:21 PM   #1  
just a chic :)

Lightbulb i only have 20 days!!

i need to lose inches...FAST!!

I've got a big formal in exactly 20 days. My boyfriend surprised me with this absolutely gorgeous dress....problem is, i lack about an inch from getting it zipped up! the dress is amazing and i know it cost him a pretty penny. I want to wear it so bad.

Right now, i weigh about 185 lbs. and i'm 5'5''. i have a solid frame so i weigh more than i actually look. (not saying that i don't have alot of flab that could be gone) i need to lose inches in my waist and hips asap.....i only have less that three weeks!

i'm looking for advice on how to shed the inches in such a short period of time......please help!!!

thanks-C.C.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:05 AM   #2  

I have one word WORKOUT..........the best way to lose inches is to work out and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I can tell after just a week of working out that I am losing around my ribs and waist. Good luck let us know how your doing.
Sami
Old 07-24-2002, 11:16 AM   #3  
Empress/Queen

This is not meant to sound negative, just an idea, since you ask! My own feeling is that trying to fit into something for a special event is asking for heartache and at odds with the slow and steady progression toward a fit lifestyle and the struggle against obesity (not saying you are obese, just a generalization). So maybe a healthier and more realistic way to do this is to tell your boyfriend how much the dress means to you and how it has inspired you to work steadily toward a healthier weight. Hang it in the living room to inspire you and let him see how much you care about becoming the healthiest you can be and how he has inspired you to that. Then choose another dress for the special event and keep looking at your new dress and smiling and say, "Next time!!"

Again, just an opinion! Good luck, whatever you decide.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:21 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hey, CC, how about this for a thought.

Work out, drink water, eat healthy AND.....take the dress to a reputable seamstress and see about it getting let out a little. You'd be surprised what a seamstress can do and even if the workout does tone you up, I'm sure a little 'extra space' in the gown would be helpful too.

Good luck!
Old 07-24-2002, 01:29 PM   #5  

Default low-carb

Could be kinda risky.. as low-carb doesnt work for everyone. But by following Atkins Induction.. I lost 5 pounds in one week and an inch in my abdomen, thighs, etc.

Give it a try for a week. if you follow it really strictly and dont lose anything then try something else. But you have to exercise too.

-Tanya
Closed Thread