South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:10 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wakey Wakey Wednesday!

Good morning although it sure is night outside! I woke before four and decided to get up and at it. The dogs have had breakfast and are now fast asleep beside me. They always make me smile.

Today is the usual hectic Wednesday but I do hope to get some baking done for the weekend sale at the Church. Claire and I managed to get the Thanksgiving decorating done yesterday. Now we just need to hope that the jays and squirrels don't eat the Indian corn in the door wreath.

Both dogs are going to pet therapy today. It's a special lunch because of Thanksgiving this weekend so I will have to be careful of what I eat. Luckily AZ patients don't notice much. I also have a pneumonia booster shot at 1:30 and then my hort. society meeting tonight.

So my Hump Day is a bit steep, How does yours look?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:34 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Hi Ruth. It sounds like a busy day, but fun. I'll bet you're home looks very festive. Have a great day...and I agree, the doggies make me smile, too.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sout...ur-family.html
I'll get to the pool this morning, but will spend the rest of the day puttering around the house while everyone gets better acquainted. Organic Broccoli was on sale yesterday, so I bought 4 bunches for dehydrating. I still need to get to my compost pile, and think my "successful procrastination" chips have run out. I do have lunch with the Heeling Partners group.

I'll check in later.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:48 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!
Sounds like you've both got busy days ahead of you today.

Wednesdays are my busiest day of the week, and the day I have to use the most restraint and self-control. We have a 'late start' every Weds - the students come to school an hour late and the teachers have workshop or training time for that hour each week. There are always donuts, pastries, chocolate candies, etc. around and I've got an awful sweet tooth.

Staff meeting this afternoon, again with plenty of sugary refreshments, then I'll rush home to get supper on the table and head right back to town for youth group. I love working with the kids but again, there will be cookies or brownies or some other treat there to tempt me. lol

I've got my snacks and lunch packed and our supper started in the crock pot. It's still early enough in the game that my will power is pretty strong so I should be fine, but it's easiest when I don't have all that sugar beckoning me. lol

I am anxious to get to the point where the junk just doesn't look so tasty anymore...... I'm not there yet but I know it's coming - I remember it.
Enjoy your Wednesdays!

Last edited by Heidi58; 10-07-2009 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:56 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Heidi.

Have a great day! I'm glad you have the memory of the junk not tasting so good. It really doesn't now. When I am at those junkfests I just remind myself how unhealhy that stuff is. Talk about major bad stuff in a convenient tasty package...sugar, white flour and some deep fry action.. You'll do great!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Humpday, and I hope that you're able to hop right over your hurdles today, Heidi. Just look at all that junk as chunks of fat rolled in sugar. Ewwww! And it never really tastes as good as it looks, I've discovered.

Once again, congratulations on the new member of your family, Debbie! He is such a cutie!

Even with resigning from two boards, you're one busy lady, Ruth! I bet the church looks just lovely with all the Fall decorations. I hope Disney and Jazz put on their best manners and charm everyone at Pet Therapy this afternoon.

I'm nursing my first mug of coffee on this showery morning. We're supposed to see the sun again by noon, though. It's my long day, but I should be home at my regular time, when Jake will be waiting for me to help him set up our new TV. We have to configure our entire TV cabinet for it, but it should fit in there, I hope!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am so sleepy lately. I think it's the dark mornings. I always have trouble with them.

Ruth - Busy as always. I hope there are a few minutes of dog petting and relaxing stuck in there somewhere.

Debbie - Thanks again for the pics. Made me smile before coffee - that's quite an accomplishment We ended up eating all the broccoli I bought so I still haven't tried drying it. Do you blanch first or just toss in there?

Heidi - Could you start bringing a healthy option to some of the meetings? Over time my eating habits have impacted our office events. There are often lots of treats but there's also some fruit and almonds. At least bring your own snacks so you don't feel deprived.

Cottage - ewww, chunks of fat rolled in sugar really does take all the appeal out of it. Hope your humpday slides by.

Once I get through today I'm off the rest of the week to visit family. Oh goody, the day is starting off with cat barf cleaning, canned food which is even more fun. Anyway, DD is visiting the families in NY this week and heading to my parents today. I'll join her there for dinner tomorrow. We will visit Friday morning too then she heads back to Boston and I'll stay for the weekend. I'm hoping to come home Sunday but the weather may keep me there until Monday. My parents found this park with a great waterfall that is only open 4 weekends a year. They really want to take me there but there is rain in Saturday's forecast.

First though I have to get through today. Yesterday was drama free and I'm hoping today will be too. I have so much work to do now that I'm trying to get two jobs done that I don't actually have any extra time to deal with stupid distractions. I hope it's a quick, busy day.

I'm getting back into the daily exercise habit. That's always a positive thing. Now I need to really rein in the eating. I think last year around this time I was struggling with this too. Maybe my body is trying to store up for winter

Hope your hump day is a breeze and the long weekend is in view before you know it
Old 10-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

I gotta say.... DEBBIE!!!! LOOK AT YOUR TICKER!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WooHooo!!!!

Okay, back to lower case typing.

I'm running late. I hope you all have a great day. I have a bad cold and can't breathe when I'm laying down, so I didn't sleep. We had a BIG storm move through last night with lots of lightning and thunder, so I didn't sleep. Anyway, I'm thinking a nice, hot shower will make it all right. Hope to see you all later.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:41 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Debbie!

:carrot :

Welcome to onderland!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

CONGRATULATIONS, DEBBIE!

I'm sorry I didn't notice it earlier, I wasn't fully awake. How does it feel to be in Onederland?
Old 10-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Debbie whewhoo I knew you would do it first. Congratulations.

Chelby hope you feel better.

Hello to everyone else

I feel blessed this morning my dd2, who is 6, last night pulled a dresser with a tv on top of it and dvd over- everything came down with a crash, but the tv and dvd went over her head instead of on and she just had minor bruise where her leg was stuck under the dresser. Jesus was watching over her.

Have a great day.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Pearl, Auston pulled a 5 foot tall tool chest over a few months ago. Thankfully, he stepped back. I know how scared you are. I cried for hours, just at the horror of what could have been! The rule in our house is 'Open One Drawer At A Time!' I'm glad your daughter is fine.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

HI ladies no time to post. . .hopefully during lunch

DEBBIE!!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Thanks, friends!

I came here to and learn. It was a big step as a newbie to jump right in to this daily thread. The extra mile you all go every day to post is 1st Class! This here is the part you don't get from "reading the book". I read the book years ago and it makes way more sense when you hang out with chickies who live it. By checking in every morning, I have set myself up for success. I haven't seen 199 for almost 10 years. The last I remember was 198 and it went up and up and up. I'm more motivated than ever.

Ruth, your dedication to us chickies really matters. You'll be at 20,000 posts before long. Your humor and positive attitude radiates I hope you get to feeling better today.

Cottage, have a great day and I hope the shines for you.

Cyndi, I wish for you 2 dramaless days in a row. BTW I just chuck the broccoli in. Sounds like a nice weekend shaping up for you.

Chelby, I hope you get to feeling better really soon. Wish I could show up at your doorstep with something to help you feel better.

Pearlrose, what a scare with your DD! Glad she's ok. She has an angel at her side You'll get there soon-keep up the good work.

Kierie, thanks for the kind wishes!

I think the most important thing I've learned here is that it is possible to get through bad times while taking care of myself. I've seen that in all of you. That in itself, is success in adapting a new WOL.

Beachgal, Sophie, RDW, Barb, Schmoodle, Twynn, Murphmitch, SunshineCA, KimStar, Weezle, you were all here when I started

Janda, Tryin', Heidi, Gothik, Shasha, BlueCrys, Harrismm, MissKoo, 8675309, Schluh, Ovwgirl, Meremaiden, Karen, Tmhbpr, Mompen, HRCarol, KDHW, Allison73 I hope you continue posting. It really does get better.

Ok, enough-time to

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-07-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Having trouble reading as the site has gone wonky...from what I hear, they are working on righting it. Sorry for the trouble!

Debbie--you're doing a lovely job!
Old 10-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #15  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Hello Ladies!

Glad to be gettin my morning (well afternoon now for me) 3fc fix! I couldn't believe the site was down when I got up!

Getting through today will mean week 1 will come to a happy close. Honestly, I'm tired as **** of chicken. I did find a couple of recipes that I will have again... so I put them on the menu for next week. I also decided since it's supposed to be really cold this weekend (possible snow!!) that I will make chili on Saturday.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Closed Thread