Old 10-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #1  

Default I'm going to try this..

Hello!
I am new to the forums and just made an account today. I plan on doing the Atkins because my sister started it a few weeks ago and dropped 21lbs already and she looks great! I've attempted the induction period but I thought I would lose my mind so I didn't make it past week one. Towards the end of the first week I was ready to rip off heads! So after that I tried "low carb" instead of "no carb" which is what I'm doing as of now. I don't see a difference so I'm tired of my sis telling me about what she's lost.
I've also been watching a guy on YouTube who has great advice and recipes so he has also been an inspiration.

I have lost lots of weight before. I lost 75 lbs 8 yrs ago but it was by taking Epherdrine diet pills. The weight melted off very fast but when I got pg with my daughter my OB said my heart was abnormally fast and that the pills were NOT good. I knew they weren't really but it was about that time they were yanked off the shelves and with having my first baby and no "quick fix" the weight just piled back on. I gained back every lb I lost but a few extra (like almost 100!!).

So....Here I am. I can't add a ticker just yet (apparently) so I would like to announce my weight as being 259.
There.
I said it.

Now you know why I'm here.

And...today I purchased (never thought I would) my decaffinated coffee ((puke)) and my Splenda. I've also purchased a slew of perch and talipia (which I LOVE) to get me through these first few days. Question: does lemon have carbs? I purchased that lemon juice , you know the one in the fake plastic lemon, but I see nowhere where it says whats in it. Any help on that would be great!

Here I go!! <--See, now he's a dancing carb.

Last edited by Cocoonist; 10-06-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Cocoonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

to Atkins!
Have you read the book?
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #3  

No I have not. Sadly I have no time to read (at all) so I'm trying to find quick info here and there. I don't know very much about it which is why I've been Googling, reading in here and watching Bowulf on YT. His videos have helped understand a lot.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I'm sorry to hear you haven't read the book because quite frankly....reading the book to understand how & why this plan works is essential for doing it correctly.
Atkins is a low carb, adequate protein, high fat plan. There are 4 phases, the first being Induction, in which only certain foods should be eaten in certain quanities.
Don't get me wrong, this site is a great source of information...but...to do the plan correctly....there is no substitute for reading the book.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #5  

I'm on the phone with my sis right now and she says she will give me the book tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

I'm glad you're getting the chance to read the book. I can endorse what JerseyGyrl says. It is essential to read the book, and I mean read the book not just pick chapters that you think apply to you and ignore the rest. even though it's tempting. However I think we can let you off reading all the pages at the end where Dr Atkins publishes all the papers, medical reports etc he has used etc. Though it is very comforting to see how much reseach, and time he took.

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote