Paganchicks - What is it about the Fall?

View Full Version : What is it about the Fall?

Runundefined
10-06-2009, 03:17 PM
That always brings me back to my Wiccan roots?
It amazes me that every year at this time I have a re-affirmation to my path.

I think it's the harvest. I always am reminded of what the Deity's have given me. It's also the obvious change in the season I think. Seeing the change reminds me of the wheel of life.

I feel more grounded at this time of the year also, more calm and focused.
Does anyone else go thru this at this time of the year?

lizziep
10-08-2009, 01:18 AM
i feel the same way! much more connected this time of year then any other. i always get that feeling of - i should do more, i should get my spirituality back on track, etc this time of year.

Runundefined
10-08-2009, 08:11 AM
That is exactly how I am feeling right now. I have often wondered each year just what it is about the Fall. Maybe it's just that it's such an obvious change, with Nature showing her bounty and splendid colors that just puts me in a state of awe and reminds me who I am.

Wonderful day to everyone.

Hydra
10-08-2009, 07:58 PM
I feel recharged and renewed during this time of year. It is my favorite season with the coloring of the leaves, the cooler more comfortable temperatures and it seems that life seems to slow down a bit, things are less hectic. I also have several family birthdays including my own, Halloween my favorite Western holiday and Samhain, my favorite traditional Wiccan holiday. This time of year is a reflection of sorts for me with remembering my ancestors but also celebrating life with all the birthdays and festive activities.

Frigg
10-09-2009, 01:52 AM
I'm feeling the same way. I tend to fall away a lot from Odin and just feel terrible about it. Though I think this has a lot to do with fear, I somehow become more bold while descending into seasonal darkness, and he returns to being my comfort. There's something about the long stretch of winter ahead that makes me want to delve back into my path.

mauvaisroux
10-18-2009, 03:25 PM
I feel the same way. There is something about the fall that makes me feel recharged. Even more so this year since I am facing some personal challenges - I am finding myself turning more towards my spirituality as a source of strength and empowerment.

duckchick
08-06-2010, 02:14 AM
As I was leaving work yesterday morning, I noticed the sky was darker than usual. The days are growing noticeably shorter, at least to me. I know we still have a good while of summer's heat ahead of us, but I'm already feeling the seasonal shift that's to come, and I feel excited! Fall is my favorite time of year; harvests of apples, pumpkins, pecans, hayrides, Samhain...I do agree that this time of year is special. It heralds the darkening time, the time when the temperatures cool and the children smile in anticipation of the coming holidays, and yes, I feel a wonderful reconnection to the Earth Mother and Sky Father. I can't wait for it to come in earnest!:carrot:

duckchick
08-19-2010, 06:33 AM
Anyone else notice the days getting visibly shorter? I'm starting to get excited!:carrot:

mauvaisroux
08-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Yes, I have noticed the days getting shorter. I went for a walk on Friday and it seemed to me like the air was different. Not the hazy heat of summer, but not quite the sense of Autumn. It felt like change was in the air. :)

Hydra
09-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Autumn is upon us once again. My favorite season for so many reasons. This time of year is the time that I start making things to give away at Yule, handmade jewelry and ornaments and I am thinking of doing some charm bags too.

This is also the time of year that our local Renaissance Festival opens and I went yesterday! Had a blast with friends and picked up a couple treats for myself, a pinky ring that has little beads and a tiny bell attached to it and a simple corded necklace with a wonderful gargoyle as the pendant!

leopardtuks
10-16-2010, 05:20 PM
I feel the same way, it just puts me in the amazing mood.

Recharge
02-16-2011, 10:41 AM
I love Fall too. I love the harvest, the pumpkins, the cooler weather, the smell of decaying leaves on the ground. It makes me feel comfortable at home with family and excited about the coming winter, which is my favorite season. I think for me personally it just tunes me into the hearth... that energy that grounds us and makes us feel connected with our families, home, and earth.

I'm so sad now that winter is almost over... I spend Spring and Summer just waiting on the Fall. :)