WW Clubs and Groups - 223 Bale of Turtles Planning for Halloween!

Itryharder
10-05-2009, 08:16 PM
:welcome3: :carrot: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
10-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi Turtles,
Check out our #222 thread because a lot of interesting posts were posted very quickly and we got full and I moved us to this thread.
Best of everything!
Judy

Itryharder
10-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Yep, you're in the right place.
Judy

bandit2
10-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone - just wondering if anyone knows the calories/points for
a cineplex movie medium popcorn with becel.

Thanks

Princess1122
10-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday to everyone! Cold here today!!! But they are calling for rain the rest of the week so I guess I will grab the dogs and get a walk in this afternoon.

Bandit: No, I don't know what the points on popcorn is... I think that they are kind of high though??? Sorry, not much help to you.

Judy: Great goals!

Have some errands to run today so I have to get going... have a great day all!

bandit2
10-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - yes I know they are high, thinking about 900 calories for a medium.
I ate about 2/3 of the bag & that was my supper. But scale did go up .4# from yesterday morning & my official weigh in is tonight.

We seen the movie "Invention of Lying" - I didn't care for it, but some of the other ladies thought it was great. Maybe I just didn't get the humour - but was still fun to get out with the girls.

Hope everyone is staying OP this week & getting in some exercise.

Have a good one!

Itryharder
10-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Bandit,
Here's to a :goodscale: tonight! If the popcorn was salty, drink loads of water today to flush out the salt and retained fluid. That technique has worked for me. Good luck!

I'm heading to WW's to WI. wish me luck.

Princess, :cp: and :bravo: for getting outside and walking.

Judy
234.6/197.8/195 and really into onederland :cool:

CherryAutumn
10-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Bandit and Judy - can't wait to hear how your weigh-in went. Hoping for something good for you both.:)

Princess-Have a great walk with the dogs.

I have gotten in 3 days of exercise so far this week. So i am feeling good about that. My eating still isn't good but one thing at a time is all i can handle. Thanks for listening ladies. I will be back later to hear how everyone is doing.

Itryharder
10-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Cherry,
:cp: :tread: :bravo: You're doing great with the exercise! Weigh to go.

I am very happy with my WW's WI. I knocked off the pound I gained last week and an additional .6# which puts me at 196.2# and my lowest weight yet. It's a huge stretch to think I can reach 190# by Halloween, but if I step up my :tread: again and if I stay away from too many breads, I think I can do it.

Here's :grouphug: to us all.

Judy
234.6/196.2/195 and well into onederland :cool:

bandit2
10-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Morning turtles:

Cherry - great with the excercising. That will surely help & you are heading in right direction for getting everything back on track. Remember - baby steps!

Judy - congrats on your weight loss. You are really rocking it!

Princess - hope you are staying on track.

Hope everyone else is having a good week.

As for myself - I stayed the same at my weigh in - even with my popcorn treat, so was happy not to have to record another gain.

Anyone having any new or extra yummy for meals? Always looking for ways to shake things up.

Nice & sunny up here today, but suppose to rain tomorrow. My yard work will have to wait until weekend.

Lets all have a good "turtle power" day!

Lin S
10-08-2009, 09:29 PM
I wrote a nice post in the previous thread, but I must have previewed it, but forgotten to actually submit it, because it disappeared. So, I've been around, but there's no evidence of my presence.

Bandit, I'm glad your weigh in went well, in spite of having popcorn for dinner. It reminds me of something we used to do with our kids during the summer. Once or twice a year we'd go to Swensen's (remember them?) and have ice cream sundaes as dinner. It's one of the "cool parent" memories my kids have. ;)

Way to go, Judy!! :carrot::dance: Even if you don't quite make it to 190 by Halloween, I bet you're close. You're doing great!! Personally, I don't like "x pounds by y date" goals because we don't have any control over how fast the pounds come off. I prefer to set action goals--eat within my points, do x many days of exercise, etc. And let the scale take care of itself. But that's just me. :D

Yay, Cherry!! I'm of the opinion that if you only can do one thing, :tread: moving is the best choice you can make, fwiw. I think exercise does more for your overall health and energy level than anything. With your busy Mom's schedule, you need as much of those things as you can get. :p

I'm doing really well. I wrote a bunch of posts on my blog about my WW experience, particularly this Filling Foods week. Rather than post the same thing here, I'll let you click on the link in my signature and read it, if you're interested.

Tomorrow's my weigh in day. I'll let you know how it goes.

Keep turtlin'! :balloons:
:chef: :comp: :book2: :write: :corn: :coffee:

Itryharder
10-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Bandit, staying the same after movie popcorn is a :cp: :bravo: Weigh to go! I bet you'll see a loss this upcoming week. In the meantime, I'll keep my eye out for you for new recipes. A fallback snack dh and I have been having when hungry at lunch or at three o'clock is the WW version of a BLT.
WW BLT
any 1 pt. bread (Arnold's Sandwich Thins, WW 1pt. pita, etc)
lettuce
tomato
1t. or thereabouts of real bacon crumbles
1t. of lite mayo or ff mayo

Toast the bread, spread with tiny bit of mayo, load up sandwich bread with loads of tomato and lettuce and a tiny sprinkling of bacon bits. (If you like to save money, buy a pound of bacon, cook it, freeze in strips and use one strip of bacon for your sandwich. )
Point count: with bacon bits 1 pt.
with 1 strip real bacon 2pts.
In any case it's like eating a salad on some bread and the tiny taste of bacon really makes it tasty.

Lin, I read several of your blogs and am fascinated by how well your week went with filling foods and how you discovered you could be un-hungry (I get it----not quite satisfied, but not uncomfortable either) with so few points. You are a good food analyst. Thanks!

As far as me, I like to set goals because they help remind me to stop eating at night because I have a focus and a short term goal to reach. Once I reach a goal, I set another small goal. For so many years I drifted being unhappy about maintaining over 200#, but not quite having the get-up-and-go to do anything about it. It's fabulous how we all tackle this weight loss thing in different ways and end up getting fit and thinner.

Yesterday I had lunch out with my friend and dd. I had a small turkey burger on a whole wheat bun and treated myself to what I think was 6 points of French fries. I imagined what a small portion of McDonald's FF would look like and ate that amount. They were good, by the way, and I didn't mind using the points on them. That put my lunch pretty high so for dinner I had a huge salad with 3 points of chicken (I had cooked a batch for the week earlier) and later on had a smoothis with a small banana to top off the evening. All in all, I was over by 4 points and am happy with that. The smoothie worked out very well since I haven't always been getting my milk in and it kept me full over night. This morning I am not starving for breakfast.
Okay--enough about me. Oh, not quite. Busy weekend coming up. A wedding on Saturday and my dear grandson's birthday party on Sunday. Luckily, Columbus Day is a holiday here and we'll have a relaxing day.

Have a great weekend and make yourself proud! :grouphug: :carrot:
Judy

msmeri
10-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Did real well at WI on Wed. But have mixed feelings about it. Don't think I have learned to eat correctly yet. I am exercising a lot. And that is not real life and Don't want to do that (if and when) I ever reach maintenance.

Judy ~ we have Orowheat Sandwich Thins and they are 1 point also. I have them very often. I set lots of small goals also. My next scale goal is 12 pounds away. And that will not only put me in Onderland but also the lost 100 pounds marker. My leader and I have been setting aside money to go to the spa to celebrate. But every 10 pounds DH buys me a little something at 90 I am getting a charm for my charm bracelet. P.S. French Fries are so worth it every now and then, I just have to use my own reduced sugar katchup.

Lin ~ I would very much love to read you blog. I need to learn all the WW info I can, as I don't attend "real" meetings. Is it here on the fat chicks? or where can I find it? I have a blog also, but not sure if I can share the link on here.

Bandit ~ I just made WW Lemony Tapioca Pudding in the crock pot for Wednesday's meeting. I borrowed a slow cooker cook book from our cousin. It takes 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Four Points per serving (3/4 c) and it makes 6 servings

Princess ~ "Walkies" love that word and what happens when we say it. We are trying to figure out a way to take our 4 legged fur babies to the Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer 5k on 10/18, but I don't think it is going to happen .

:thanks1: to all our friends up north.

CherryAutumn
10-09-2009, 12:54 PM
I am worried about what i am teaching my kids when i eat around them. So my DH and I are trying to make changes. Like not eating out of a bag but putting a serving size on a plate or bowl. Or cutting down the portion size of certain things we tend to over eat on. My DH is trying to help me get back on track and is writing down his points to.:cool:

Msmeri- I know what you mean about so much excercise not really being real life. At least not in my case either.

LinS- Thanks for the comments.

Bandit- Glad to hear you held on to the maintain despite the movie popcorn

Judy - That WW BLT sounds good so i am going to give it a try on a pita. I bet my DH would like it to.

msmeri
10-09-2009, 01:09 PM
My Dearest Ms. Cherry,

I can't even begin to imagine what it requires to exercise at all with kids. A while back our little group planned to enter a 5k and well it didn't work out for finical reasons. But a couple of us got together anyway and plotted out a course, packed up 3 rug rats (5-1years) and began our adventure.

And when I say adventure I mean ADVENTURE!

oh my

and on Wednesday nights after dinner we go up stairs and work-out. the ding bat husbands can't even seem to control the kids, cuz they always come up there and hang all over the boflex, roll and kick the stability ball, beg to be picked up so they can hit the speed bag, bump into the MP3 player and skip the songs.....

Frustrating

Girl I don't know how you can do anything at all.
And I do know you have a very little one.

Itryharder
10-09-2009, 03:55 PM
MsMeri,
You're doing so great! If exercise is what is getting your weight off now, so be it! And if you think you may not be able to continue this amount of time and pace on exercise as you go through life, I bet you are resourceful enough to figure out what to do then. (As an aside, I used to walk three miles daily. At some point I stopped because I "figured" that I wouldn't be able to walk that long when I reached 80. Well gals, what I have figured out now is that I'd need to reach 80 first. LOL) So I am doing what my friend's doctor preaches which is to get the weight off first. With WW we have so many good cookbooks and tips and substitutions and helps that I figure if we get the weight off, then we can all help each other with maintenance.
MsMeri :goodscale: :cp: :dancer: :carrot: :bravo: :cheer: you have lost so much weight and you're so close to onederland . We'll have a big celebration when you get there. Whoopee!

Cherry, You and your dh are doing so great!!!! Weigh to go. You've got a lot of positive thinking going on now and you're going to do this. :grouphug:

Okay, gotta run. Am having a good day and wanted to check in and see how everyone's doing.
Judy

Lin S
10-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Hi!

Today I was .5 lower than last week. It's a perfect turtle journey--slow, but steady. I can win the race that way. :D

Judy, you make me want a BLT! My homemade whole wheat bread is only 1 pt. And I have bacon, tomatoes and lettuce. Hmmm.....maybe with soup for dinner. :D

Don't misunderstand me. I'm a big believer in setting goals. I just think that it's more motivating to set goals with outcomes you can control, such as--no food after x pm for the next week or these snacks are my evening treat for the next week; or, in my case, 220 is my next weight goal, but I didn't set a time limit. I think setting weight goals is a good thing. It's setting time limits that I have a problem with because my experience is that if I don't make the time limit, I end up getting disappointed and more prone to giving up. :)

Ms. Meri--Congrats on the good weigh in. :carrot: Nice going!!

Don't worry about having learned to eat correctly or how much you're exercising. It's all a process and you'll always be learning and working on what works for the body you have today. Our bodies change as we lose weight and we have to make adjustments along the way. Be happy with your success!! Success breeds success!! :hug:

You can click the link in my signature to get to my blog. You're allowed to post a link in your signature to your blog, if you follow the guidelines. I hope you do, because I'd like to read it. I wasn't sure they'd let me keep my link because it's not a weight-loss only blog, but apparently it's ok. :cool:

Cherry, it's great that you're concerned about what your habits teach your kids. Nice going to be doing something about it. Kids do learn more from your example than from your words. :)

I have a coupon for a free beverage with the purchase of a beverage at Peet's. I'm going to check the nutrition info and, if using nf milk keeps the points in bounds, try one of their pumpkin-flavored fall beverages. I love pumpkin! The weather is great, so I think I'll walk to Peet's. It's about a mile and a half each way. Great exercise!!

Keep turtlin'! :balloons:
:chef: :comp: :corn: :book2: :write: :coffee:

msmeri
10-09-2009, 07:10 PM
ok changed the signature

Let me log out
and see if I did it right

can you read all the entries
or
did I post a link to just the current entry?
My experts are not home yet

msmeri
10-09-2009, 07:12 PM
looks like it worked

if you want to laugh

click "all entries" in blue on right
flip to page #2 on the very bottem
and see the entry for August 10th
called evil carrots

hope the link is appropriate

I am totally clueless

Itryharder
10-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Lin, :goodscale: :cp: :bravo: :carrot: way to go! A perfect turtle!

MsMeri, what a great blog site. Evil carrot is very funny----and also cautionary.

Gotta run---big day today. The wedding was nice and my food was fine.
Judy

msmeri
10-11-2009, 12:55 PM
We went (and are still) to LA to vivit DH's cousins. They are on WW also. So I did good considering. And best of all I made choices I can live with. I miss my morning bike rides but hey a girls gotta get out once in a while.

Friday I stayed on points

and Saturdey she showed me how too make this devine pita (1 point) pizza, in the oven after you spray with 1 point cooking spray, 2 tbsp speg sauce that I did not count, and 3 oz chicken, and 2 points of skim motzeralla cheese!! Multi colored bell peppers, sliced mushrooms

Woo Hoo going to have that once or twice a month
She also made some with turkey peperoni that is better then regular peperoni cuz there is less greese. 15 slices make a serving I think we used 6.

Very good for me with my portion controll problems when we bring a whole pie home from little ceasers.

We went down town and toured the Cathederal of Angels church (((BEAUTIFUL BEYOND WORDS))) Built by a world renound arctict
it is 11 stories tall
lots of stained glass
a mosilium where we saw the resting place of Gregory Peck
the most amazing organ that was actually being played intencely while we were there

and drove by the "new" Disney Concert hall it is real big and I don't know if you have ever seen it but it is designed to look like a rose on the outside pretty cool!
no pictures of it though :(

Today (Sunday) I will be on points and back to the grind stone on Monday!

Jane
10-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Hope you all don't mind if I peek in here..

Meri - I watched the video about the carrots, and was so surprised that there were 3 serving (supposedly) in that package! No way is that really 3 servings!!

Judy - the WW BLT sounds so good. I've been buying the Arnolds Sandwich Thins and just love them Your recipe would be great on one those, as you mentioned.

Lin - I am the same way about challenges, and quit doing them. If I don't make it, I feel bad about it, even when I still have progress, so they don't work for me, either.

Cherry - yay for you, setting a good example for the kids. You are so right in that they learn better from our actions than from our words.

Hello to any others. :wave:

I had been "off the wagon", but hopped back on 2 weeks ago. So far, so good. I have a long way to go, but time will pass regardless, right? Might as well be losing on the way, even if it does take me a while.

Have an OP day!

Lin S
10-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Hi,

I couldn't leave your comment unanswered, Judy. I didn't mean that I'm a perfect turtle. If I were, I wouldn't have this problem. I meant the journey is perfect--slow and steady. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding. :cool:

Nice that you stayed in points on Friday, Ms. Meri. :carrot: It sounds like your trip is a good one. :)

Jane, nice to have you peek in. Good luck with your journey, should you see this post. :D

Today was tough, but I managed to stay OP. My dh and I went for coffee and the only food they had was cookies. I didn't need a cookie, but I was hungry. I should have gone to a different place, but I didn't. It worked out Ok. I just ate a bit less for dinner and used some WP.

Hope you all are doing great!

Keep on turtlin'! :balloons:
:coffee: :corn: :write: :book2: :comp: :chef:

Itryharder
10-12-2009, 06:35 PM
MsMeri, thanks for the pita pizza recipe. :chef: Sounds good. Good for you for staying on points away from home. Weigh to go!

Jane, glad to have you peek in and post. We're a friendly group :grouphug: trying to reach fitness and we always love to have another point of view.

Lin, I am so happy for you. :bravo:

Bandit and Princess and Cherry and Lauren, how are you doing?

Another good day here. Food at my grandson's birthday party didn't cause me much of a problem. I made a quick and easy soup and ate two bowls before I left for the party. Help fill me in and eat less of the higher caloric foods.

Best of everything to all of us.
Judy
234.6/196.2/195 and :cool: It's great being in onederland

msmeri
10-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Weekend is over
Time to buckle down
I need 12.1 pounds till I reach Onderland

bandit2
10-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Morning everyone.

Was a long weekend up here for Thanksgiving and we had our big dinner Sunday which turned out nice. I made cabbage rolls to go with our usual turkey feast.
Lots of leftovers so don't have to cook tonight. Going to movies this evening with my ladies group to see Couples Retreat which looks funny.

Have a great day!

msmeri
10-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Ooh I so want to see that!
Let us know how it is
:thanks2:

Going to an aerobics class it is $3
and they work-out for 1.5 hours
15 min warm up
15 min cool down
about 25 min with weights

hope I can keep up
The longest at one time I have ever gone is 45 min

Itryharder
10-14-2009, 09:50 AM
MsMeri,
You are sooooooooo close to onederland. :cheer: :goodscale: Good luck with your workout. You're doing great.

Bandit, Happy Thanksgiving a little late. Glad you had a good time and hope you enjoy the movie.

I'm heading to WW mtg. soon, but will get in my toning tape before I go. This will be the first time in about 1 1/2weeks now that my elbow is healed.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Judy
234.6/196.2/195 :cool:

Itryharder
10-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi Turtles,
I'm back from my WW WI and another :goodscale: I'm down 1#. Yay.
judy
234.6/195.2/195 :cool:

LaurenH
10-14-2009, 07:40 PM
YAY, Judy! You are doing SO well! Woo-hoo! :carrot:

I'm back from a wonderful vacation. Great colors, wonderful friends, beautiful scenery, and LOTS of good food. I got in plenty of walks (even a 4-mile one) and didn't do any mindless eating, but guess what? I packed on a whopping NINE pounds! I still find that hard to believe. I ate far less than I would've eaten two years ago. Just stunning. I'm obviously going to need to aim a bit lower for my goal weight, because I'll almost certainly see-saw quite a bit as I try to stabilize and find a weight I can maintain.

Well, back in the saddle today. Have had a good OP day, and plan to keep going. My goal is to lose my vacation weight before Thanksgiving! Sheesh.

I bought some clothes on the trip, including more size 12 pants (brown jeans) that were somewhat tight when I bought them and are now VERY tight. So there's some more motivation. I hate tight clothes!

Have a great day, everyone.

bandit2
10-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone

Lauren - nice to see you back & glad you had a wonderful trip.

I had my weigh in last night & between Thanksgiving and movie popcorn night before I was up 2# - that is the biggest gain I have had for awhile. It sure doesn't take much for the scale to go up. And the last few weekends I have also gone to dances & probably having too many calories with those coolers.
So, REALLY have to rethink my behaviours lately. This is crazy, constantly going up & staying the same.

Anyway, enough - its a new day!

msmeri
10-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Judy ~ another pound gone for good!

Lauren ~ at least you did not do what you would have two years ago, That shown you have learned good habits...and that is the important thing.

Bandit~ no it sure doesn't take much for that ol scale. I was off the program sat & Sunday while we were in LA. And last night at WI the scale reminded me of that.

Hungry Girl's Breakfast Rice Pudding

PER SERVING (1 cup): 290 calories, 4g fat, 244mg sodium, 55g carbs, 4g fiber, 9g sugars, 12g protein -- POINTSģ value 5*

This is like the lovechild of oatmeal and rice pudding. It's hearty, cinnamon-packed, and super-delicious!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
2 1/2 cups light vanilla soymilk, divided
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1 tsp. cornstarch
Dash salt
2 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1/2 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown), room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon, divided
1/2 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed)

Directions:
In a medium pot, combine rice, 2 cups soymilk, Splenda, cornstarch, and salt. Set stove temperature to medium-high heat and bring mixture to a light boil, stirring occasionally.

Once boiling, continue to cook for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until thick and creamy.

In a small bowl, combine egg substitute, butter, vanilla extract, 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, and remaining 1/2 cup soymilk, and mix well. Add to the pot and stir thoroughly.

Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture returns to a thick and creamy consistency.

Sprinkle with brown sugar and mix well. Top each serving with a dash of the remaining cinnamon and enjoy -- hot, cold, or anywhere in between!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Lin S
10-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi, everyone,

Been peeking in, but not much time to post. Concert week=extra work and less time.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Lauren and Bandit. Seeing the scale go up is not fun! Lauren, it's pretty much inevitable that any situation that involves a lot of restaurant food leads to weight gain. Restauranteurs are in the business of selling food that makes us want to come back and eat more. And all that huge portion stuff. No matter how carefully you order, there are things they do that add calories unless you're aware and ask them not to. Example--did you know that a lot of restaurants spread butter on a steak before they serve it? Makes it glisten, a look that's appealing to customers. So, you should be able to get it back off, now that you're back to your regular eating habits.

Nice job, Judi. You're really moving that scale. :D

And nice work, Ms. Meri. You're just really moving! :strong:

I'm doing OK. Had a high point day, but wasn't as hungry the next day, so I didn't eat as much. That balances it out, which is a good thing. Aside from the busy week at work, which I'm managing because I have a lot of food already prepped in the kitchen.

I'm apparently NOT post-menopausal. Although it's been about 13 months, I'm having a perfectly normal, but frustrating, TOM. I was enjoying not having the bloating, PMS, headaches, etc. I lived with for most of my adult life. Anyway, I'm hanging in there, but I hope this is the end of it. It wrecks my weight loss efforts more than anything else because I have such low energy levels that I just want quick. I crave high-fat foods. Chocolate. Chips. I'm managing with popcorn and Godiva gems, which are 1 point each and they're rich, so 1 is enough. I just thought I was done dealing with this!

Anyway, tomorrow is weigh in and I'll let you all know how it goes.

:chef: :comp: :coffee: :corn: :write: :book2:

LaurenH
10-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh, Lin! What a drag! 13 months, and then -- wham! Gack. I feel for you. I have PMS most of the month, now, and yes, it definitely makes sticking to healthy eating harder. But not impossible, as you're demonstrating. These are challenging years, but we WILL prevail.

No, I had no idea they added butter to steak. Blech! Awful thought.

At least the food I did overeat was all high quality stuff. I'm very glad about that. If I'm going to gain weight, I want to have *really* enjoyed the journey! :D

Was OP yesterday, which felt great, and dropped a couple of the vacation pounds already. So that was good. I'm looking forward to another great OP day today.

Msmeri, thanks for the recipe. Did you try it?

Bandit, happy Thanksgiving! We had a Canadian Thanksgiving dinner at MIL's a couple of nights ago. I think it's nearly impossible not to gain something over Thanksgiving. And I get to celebrate the American one in a month! Must get this weight off before then.

Have a great day, everyone. We can do this.

Itryharder
10-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi Turtles, We are the best! :cheers: :cheer:

Yes, Lauren, we can do this! So glad you had two OP days in a row. Coming back from vacation having walked and eaten carefully and still gaining weight is not fun! Your attitude is great and I feel you'll have these pounds off once you get rid of the extra salt, etc. that lurks in restaurant food. :bravo: (There's a part of me thinking that you still look darn good and snug size 12 pants are a lot better than snug larger pants!)
I'm up for a challenge if you or anyone wants to make it "official". Thanks for the :carrot: That always cheers me up!

Bandit, being up 2# is not fun when you want the scale to go in the opposite direction. But you've had lots of activities lately with the dances, coolers, and Thanksgiving and that blasted movie popcorn. I know you'll get this together and start losing weight again. TOPS was great for you last year. I wonder if you can stick with TOPS and then do one more new thing that will jazz up your weight loss? Let us know if you think that might work. :idea:

Lin, you sound very busy and having TOM after such a long time (usually it's one year TOM free and you're officially in post menopause) is miserable. Glad you found quality chocolate for so few points since that will help you a lot. Good luck, dear. :grouphug:

MsMeri, I know what you mean about being away. When I'm away I often eat a bit more than I should and stray from the points more. But then when I have to face the scale, it is not fun. I get annoyed when I "throw a month away" with a pound up and down and up and down because if I consistently lose 1# a week, I can be at goal this time next year. You've done so great in losing a wonderful amount of weight in what seems to me to be a short amount of time. Weigh to go!

Cherry, how are you doing? Everybody, do well, have fun and be happy and keep on keepin' on. We can do this. We are doing this!

Judy

Lin S
10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi,

Glad to see you're getting right back on track, Lauren. :) It seems to me that one of the secrets to maintaining our weight losses over the long haul is doing exactly that. Dealing with vacations, special occasions, "just didn't feel like doing the program" days, etc. by getting back OP asap. I think being OP needs to be the regular routine and not being OP should be the occasional splurge. I think being perfectionistic and expecting to be OP every day, every minute, is unrealistic, so dealing with our imperfect humanity is crucial to this journey.

Thanks for the cheerleading, Judy. We always need that. :carrot:

Today is my weighin day and I try to make sure I don't miss posting because that's the accountability for me. I lost 1.5 pounds this week. I'm now 2 pounds from my original goal. :cool: I'm trying to decide whether to set 200, which would be another 20 pounds, or 199, which puts me in onderland, as my next goal. Decisions, decisions. What a cool one to have to make! :D

:comp: :chef: :coffee: :corn: :book2: :write:

LaurenH
10-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Yay, Lin! That's a great loss this week! :carrot: And dealing with TOM, too. Very impressive. You're definitely on your way to onederland; that's very exciting! I remember a few years ago when you started to get close to onederland that you felt some issues arise, some ... not fears, exactly, but some trepidation about going below 200. Any thoughts about that this time?

Judy, good point about snug size 12s. :) That's true; these things are relative. I would've been absolutely thrilled to be in snug 12s a year ago! But I'm also at risk for becoming complacent at this weight, because it's so much better than where I used to be, and I don't want that. I need to keep going. That's the main reason I've been routinely getting rid of my larger sizes this time, as I undergrow them, and deliberately buying clothing a little bit on the small side. I really do hate wearing too-small clothing, so it's good motivation to keep it up.

What kind of challenge did you have in mind?

Had another good OP day yesterday, and anticipate finishing today the same way. More water weight came off yesterday; 3 of the 9 pounds down. It's always exciting to lose the water; so dramatic. Of course, I'm going to hit the more solid stuff shortly, and that will take some time. But I'm encouraged.

Lin, I also agree with you about perfectionism and not letting it derail us. That has been such a hard lesson for me to learn. I'm still working on it.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Itryharder
10-17-2009, 06:15 AM
Thoughtful posts! It's super early in the morning and I'll come back later on to post, but I want to :bravo: Lin for such a super :goodscale: this week and your close proximity to onederland. What a :cool: decision to have to make in setting your new goal. :dance:

Lauren, yay and weigh to go in :goodscale: and saying good bye to your vacation weight. :bravo: and :cool:

Okay, I'm off to take a very early morning nap.
Have a great weekend and I'm thinking of us all. Go Turtles :cheer:
Judy

Itryharder
10-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Princess, how are you doing? We'd love to hear from you.
Love, Judy

bandit2
10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Morning, turtles:

Lin - nice loss this week!

Lauren - Size 12 jeans - I wish!!! Snug jeans would also be a great reminder not to over indulgence. Great job on dropping those vacations pounds.

Judy - hope you had a good OP weekend & whats this about a challenge?

Princess & Cherry - hope you are going well - let us know how you are doing.

As for myself, I had my Tops rally on Saturday & it was a real shot in the arm.
You got to see people who have really dropped alot of weight & heard their stories - very inspirational. Just what I needed to help me get serious again.
It was a fun day & nice to be in room of "same goal oriented" people.

My goal this week is to stay OP & go for walk tonight & tomorrow night, followed by a swim & hot-tub & hopefully show some kind of loss at the scales on Wed night.

Lets do it!!!

msmeri
10-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Do

* Write down your fitness goals. Youíre more likely to stick with a program once you have set some specific goals.
* Always strive to eat a well balanced diet that includes ample servings of vegetables and fruit.
* Break down your meals so you are eating several mini meals per day.
* Assess your current fitness level before starting an exercise program. By doing so, youíll be able to establish goals that meet your specific fitness needs.
* Consider talking with your health care provider before embarking on a fitness program, particularly if you are struggling with a health condition such as diabetes or obesity.
* Supplement your diet with essential fatty acids. You can do this by eating two servings of fish per week.
* Choose alternatives to satisfy your cravings when possible. Consider frozen fruit over ice cream or opt for a mini chocolate instead of the whole candy bar.
* Always stretch before and after your exercise routine.
* Donít overdo it! Try doing too much at once and youíll burn out swiftly. Slowly increase the intensity of your workouts.
* Diversify your workout routine. If you do the same exercises day after day, youíll quickly tire and are more likely to skip workouts.
* Work out with a friend. Youíll help motivate each other.
* Keep healthy snacks available at all times. Youíre less likely to grab junk food if something good for you is readily available.

Donít

* Over-train. Your body needs time to recover in between workouts.
* Skip breakfast. Eating breakfast will jump start your metabolism and provide you with the energy you need to get through the day.
* Skip stretching.
* Skimp on sleep.
* Set unrealistic goals. A healthy rate of weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week. If you have 50 pounds to lose, donít expect it to come off overnight, youíll set yourself up for disappointment.
* Compare your successes and failures to others. Everyone is unique, and what works for some may not work for others.
* Work out randomly. Work out regularly to maximize the benefits youíll reap from a consistent fitness routine.
* Give up. Consider talking with a friend in times of discouragement.
* Forget to reward yourself on occasion.

Bandit ~ I need to be more serious too.

Lauren ~ 3 pounds Woo Hoo!

Lin ~ For what its worth I say 199, Celebrate the small steps, I thinks that's what being a turtle is all about.

Judy ~ I agree about the pants, I am in an 18 and I can pull them on & off without undoing them, But I am chicken to go to the store and try on a 16. Maybe when I get to Onderland.

Went to the Breast Cancer walk on Sat. 14,000 people were there. Pretty amazing all the survivors. And I got into a 1x T-shirt!!

Lin S
10-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi, Everyone,

I had a very challenging weekend because it was so super busy. Rehearsal and two concerts. Fun, but really packed in there. I had to grab meals when & where I could. I packed food, when that was practical. I managed to stay within my points and I have plenty of weekly points for the rest of the week, should I need them. Whew!!

I got some extra activity points in yesterday because the bank is a nice walk from the office and, with my boss being in Germany, I did the deposit from the concert. So, all in all, I managed pretty well.

Paul's been sick for a couple of days, but he's obviously feeling better because he wants to go out to breakfast. I have the points and the restaurant he wants to go to has a lot of healthy options, so it will be fine.

Lauren, the last time I was close to onederland, I was stuck in that 5 pound up and 5 pounds down with TOM every month. I'd speculated that perhaps I was having issues, but looking back, I'm wondering if that worry wasn't hormones or discouragement at my lack of progress. Or maybe I'm just in a different place, with a different attitude now. I'm not sure, but I'm looking forward to it. YAY on the progress you're making. :cp:

Paul starts a new job next Monday, so the worry that I won't be able to manage even a basic interim wardrobe as I lose is gone. I won't be able to go hog-wild, but charity will get the jeans that are in nearly-new condition and I will get new ones that fit. The ones I'm wearing now are almost at the point where I can pull them off without unzipping them. :D:cool:

Go, Bandit!! I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your newly-found dedication. :cool:

Ms. Meri, Nice with the XL T-shirt. That's always a nice feeling. :cool: Thanks for the advice. I have 2 pounds to go until I have to decide. The funny thing is that it's liking "evens" that's making me head for an "even 20" and 200. That seems so compulsive and I'm trying to avoid being too compulsive (long story), so I may go ahead and do 21 and 199. :D

Hope to hear from the rest of you soon.

CherryAutumn
10-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Hi Turtles,
I am sorry i haven't been on for awhile. All three of the kids have been sick with congestion and coughing. Even the little baby. Poor guy was miserable and couldnt breath through his nose so he could barely eat his bottles. Thankfully i think they are all on the mend.
I am still not doing well in losing weight. I am in the rut where i don't like myself for the decisions i have made so i end up eating more because i am unhappy with myself and only make the situation worse.
Glad to see everyone else seems to be heading in the right direction.

msmeri
10-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Promise yourself:
my mousy friend

To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind;

To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet;

To make all your friends feel that there is something in them;

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true;

To think only the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best;

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own;

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future;

To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile;

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others;

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear; and too happy to permit the presence of trouble;

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words, but in great deeds;

To live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you.

LaurenH
10-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Gack; yesterday was NOT a good eating day. One of the worst I've had in a long time, in terms of just wanting to mindlessly eat the house down. Fortunately, we don't have junk food in the house, but I could still do a lot of damage. Beets! Can you believe I went nuts on beets?? These are the kind packed in sugar, so they're not lo-cal. Obviously, I had a major sugar craving. I also ate prunes (we will not discuss the results) and fruit and nuts. Like I said, no junk, but still lots of calories. I don't even know why, other than hormones.

Actually, the house wasn't as binge-proof as I'd thought; guess what I remembered last night, just before going to bed? We had a whole BAG of chocolate in the house! I was so thrilled that I'd completely forgotten it until then. If I had remembered earlier, it would not have been pretty.

Well, today is a new day. And I'm wearing my "skinny" jeans (size 14 this time; can't even think about the 12s) for inspiration. These are very fitted but not tight; hard to describe. Anyway, I expect today to be much better, in part because I'm at work. Yesterday I was home, which is always tougher.

Judy, an early-morning nap? Sounds wonderful! I've been feeling sleep-deprived lately, in spite of getting 8.5 hours most nights.

Bandit, I love your exercise goals -- you manage to include to fun stuff, like the hot tub! :D You know, I should look into TOPS for now, until I decide to re-join WW. I'm thinking that might be what I need to shake things up.

Msmeri, if you can pull your jeans on and off without undoing them, you're ready for the next size down! Go for it; you'll be amazed how much better you'll look. Good for you on that BC walk.

Lin, glad to hear you'll be able to get new clothes. That's always so inspirational. Do you ever shop at a consignment store? We have a great one near us, so I'm spoiled. But I have found as I hit the 16-14 range, that it's harder to find clothes there because everyone else is that size, too! Ironic, isn't it? There are always lots of plus-sized jeans and extra-smalls available. But larges? HA.

Cherry, sorry to hear about the kids and about your rut. Self talk is so important. What if you talked to yourself like you would a dear friend rather than being judgmental and harsh? Sounds like you could use some TLC from yourself.

Well, back to work. Have a great day, everyone!

Lin S
10-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi,

I wasn't going to post because I wrote such a long post yesterday, but your list of advice was so great, Ms. Meri, I had to say, "Thanks for posting it." :)

Lauren, twinsies again. I ate a lot yesterday, too. I'd had too many days of pickup meals. Good food, but not really satisfying. So, yesterday I ate a lot more than I usually do. I managed to stay within points and still have enough weekly points left to handle any unexpected stuff, but it was tough. Here's a few :hug::hug::hug:. I hope today is better.

Hey, Cherry, Lauren's got good advice. Beating ourselves up only makes the problem worse. Even if you can only do one thing each day, do that, and take joy in that success. Celebrating every little success helps us be more successful in the future. The cycle of paying attention to what we did wrong, and then getting discouraged about it and thinking, "What's the use? I just mess up anyway," is a hard one to break. :goodluck:

:chef: :coffee: :corn: :write: :book2: :comp:

Itryharder
10-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi Turtles,
You are all the best!
:bravo: to Bandit to attending an inspiring session and being ready to really go for the gusto~:tread: Good luck with your TOPS. I think you're going to be winning more awards in these next months to goal.

As far as a challenge, I'd like to set one up for Thanksgiving (USA) if anyone would like to join in:
1. I'd like to aim for 187 by Thanksgiving
2. To get there, I'll stay within points each day and go extra light on Mondays and Tuesdays.
3. I'd do my toning DVD 5X week and my :tread: 3x week.

Anybody want to join in?

Cherry, we all :love: you. Be kind to yourself. Remember that when the little ones get sick, it's hard to stay on track so go into survival mode and be as kind to yourself as you can. Drink plenty of water, watch out for the extra-high point foods, and know this will pass. :grouphug:

Lin,
So glad to hear that Paul's starting a new job. :idea: What a relief!! I'm proud of him and happy for you that this has come about. I think it's so cute that you can get out of your clothes without undoing them. Yeah, a new size pants might be a lovely boost to everything you're feeling right now. It;s great that you're in 1X top for now. Weigh to go! :cheer:

MsMeri, terrific guidelines and suggestions. And to have you in an XL shirt is wonderful. :bravo: :cp: You are so close to onederland. What an amazing journey you've had so far. Weigh to go!

Lauren, isn't it interesting how an eating day just comes about to us? Here we are, counting points, eating healthy, and doing all the right things for ourselves and hormones or the eating monster pays us a visit. Not fun, but I'm glad you're dealing with it. :idea:

I, like you have been getting rid of clothes as fast as I can. I've been shopping sales and right now I have the barest minimum of clothes in my closet. When I put on an outfit or a shirt that's too large, I check it out and realize I'm not doing myself any favors by wearing those clothes. I am thrilled that I am into some 16's (especially a 16W petite). I was a 20 for so long that I had an extensive wardrobe. Now that those clothes are gone, I'm feeling mighty good about myself. Today I lost another .8# at my WW WI and I finally hit 40# down. This is a very good feeling. I've been a WW member for soooooooo long and the least weight at WW's within the last 12 years was 200# (which I would promptly go right back up from). This year I finally made a good start toward goal and I keep telling myself I will never see 200# on the scale again. :goodscale:

Anyway, I love hearing from you all. Princess, if you're reading, please let us know how you're doing.
Gotta run but :cp: and :carrot: and :dancer: and :dance: to us all!
Judy
234.6/194.4/190 and deeper into onederland! :cool:

bandit2
10-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Morning, turtles:

Cherry - sorry to hear your children are sick, that is always stressful. Take care of yourself & try to do one thing different each day. Good luck.

Judy - you are really doing amazing. Congrats at the scales!

Lin/Lauren - sounds like you have things under control. So nice when clothes get too big. Good for you.

As for myself, I was down 2# last night & was soooooo happy about that.
I got in my 2 walks & stayed OP & it showed at the scale.
Really going to try and keep my focus and not get sidetracked.
But it is hard when you socialize, but I just have to make better choices

Tonight I have a date with the fellow I went out on his boat awhile back. He
is taking me to shoot pool (my idea) so that should be interesting. Lately, my lady friends have been meeting fellows who play pool, so they want to learn. So, I thought this guy should show me the ropes & I can pass on to my ladies group.

Lets all have a great OP week!!!

Itryharder
10-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Bandit, have fun on your date. In the meantime, :cp: :bravo: :dancer:
:carrot: :cheer: and :cheers:
for getting back on track and exercising and having such a :goodscale:
Weigh to go!
Judy
234.6/194.4/190 and deeper into onederland :cool:

CherryAutumn
10-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi ladies. Thanks for all the hugs and support.

Judy- thanks so much for the support. You are doing so well. i know it must be great to finally be under 200 pounds. I haven't weighed under 200 hundred pounds since i got married almost 6 yrs ago now. That is a wonderful milestone.

LinS- I know i need to work on the positive thinking. I know beating myself only makes the situation worse.

Bandit-yay:carrot: great loss.

Princess-hope things are going well

Msmeri- Thanks for the helpfull guidelines.

Lin S
10-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi, Everyone,

Today's weigh inwas fantastic! Another 1.5, which is 10% of my original weight, according to the WW online tracker. It's not 10% of the weight on my ticker because the WW includes a trial I did a couple of months before I officially restarted. Anyway, it's .5 away from my first goal. I feel like I'm on :flame: .

Although yesterday turned out to be a bigger challenge than I'd expected, everything turned out OK and I still had weekly points left over. We went to a restaurant we haven't been to for a while and they've cut the quality of their food. And they're making up for it by adding additional fat. So, that ended up being higher points than I wanted to spend, but, fortunately, not over the limit. When my available points go down, this will be a lot harder to deal with. But since they go down gradually, I'll have time to adjust.

Judy, good challenge for you. What I want to do between now and Thanksgiving is to keep on eating within my points and getting enough exercise. I think that's my whole goal for this entire journey. I know I'll need to adjust what the specifics of achieving those things are as I lose weight, but basically that's my plan. I don't worry about the water or even eating the health goals because those I do automatically, although I do fill out those sections on the WW tracker. I need to keep track of my hunger, though. So I'll add that to my list--filling out the hunger meter on the online tracker. And making sure I get in my supplements, mainly the calcium, since osteoperosis runs in my family.

Bandit, :bravo: ! You're doing great these days. I hope your date went well.

Cherry, it's so nice to have you posting. I always wonder how it's going when you're gone for a while, although with your busy schedule, it's not surprising that you don't have a lot of time to post.

Itryharder
10-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Cherry, always good to see you posting. Remember, you've got lots of buddies here. :grouphug: Thanks for the praise about getting into onederland. I've been over 200# for longer than I can remember. I honestly think it's been about 15 years. If you had asked me in January of2009 would I be able to break 200# this year, I couldn't have told you yes. I have no idea what has prompted me to take WW's seriously this year and to exercise and eat well (and even to allow myself to be a little hungry once in a while). All I know is that I kept on trying and finally it clicked and it's working and I'm losing weight. I hope the same happens for you------here's to that "click" that allows us all to lose weight. :idea:

Lin, holy moly!!!!!! what a wonderful weekly loss!!! :goodscale: :bravo:
:cp: :cheers: I love your goals and I like that so much of the good stuff you do is automatic. Yay! Those are all those good habits that you've incorporated into your eating style that are just there! Weigh to go.

I've had my dinner and I've had a very low point day. i started with fiber one cereal and a banana and milk. I shopped through my hunger and came home to have a salad with two ounces of Boars Head turkey (one point). What is helping me tremendously is that I'm so busy (like all of us) and I think it was MsMeri who suggested making up a huge salad to last a few days and to have it ready. I've done this many times now and it gets me over the thinking that I "should" have a salad, but I'm too hungry to make one. I'll eat something else. So-------whoever deserves credit, thanks for the idea of making up a salad with all the goodies in it and having it ready to go! Gotta run. Tomorrow we're having a big (35 guests) Halloween party and it should be lots of fun. I'll have to watch the food, but I know I can do this.
Judy
234.6/194.4/190 and deeper into onederland :cool:

bandit2
10-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi turtles - sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work!

I have done pretty good this week & only thing I really had extras was some drinks at my potluck & dance. But hoping still to be down at scale this Wed.
night.

So much leaves to rake. Did 15 bags at my trailer yesterday & still have the house to do!

Have a good one!

Itryharder
10-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Bandit, raking all those leaves has to help get you fit and shake off some weight. Weigh to go! :bravo:

Hey turtles, I'm going to start another thread. See you all at #224 Bale of Turtles Scaring Up A Weight Loss!