Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat - Monday, October 5, 2009 through Sunday, October 11, 2009

Vickie
10-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Here's some new pages.

Oh where oh where have all the Chickies gone?!

Vickie
10-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Doctor is not pressing the panic button. I have to go for another blood test in a week. He wants me to fast for this one (I didn't before the last bun/creatinine) and make sure I'm hydrated. He also said to stay off OTC's, especially ibuprofen. Apparently, the bun/creatinine are not off the map although the other kidney values are not great. He says dieting could raise the creatinine because of the processing protein? Anywhoo....he said it would be better to lose the weight than not. So he's letting me stay on JC at least for another 2 weeks until after this next blood test.

I hope you are all well. I'll be around.

ontarget
10-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Vickie, :hug: I am wishing you the best with your tests. Please keep us posted. I care about you a lot and am very concerned.

sloanie
10-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Vickie, I'm concerned, too! One thing to remember is that so many things could be a factor. I even had a co-worker whose husband had some kidney function tests out of whack, and it was the otc's. You're not taking any herbal preparations, are you? If so, you need to ditch them. Hang in there and keep good thoughts.

Vickie
10-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks, Sandra and Sloan. I didn't know it was possible to feel hugs over the web, but I sure felt them from you both!

Sloan, I was taking tylenol or ibubrofen ever 4-6 hours for over 10 days straight. I've stopped everything. The only thing I'm taking is my vitamins and my prescriptions.

I will hang in there.

beach bum
10-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi Ladies:)

Having problems with my computer, I lost my browser firefox and safrai won't let me in to my message boards. I have 6 message boards that I go to every morning & post to,but I can't use beach bum as they tell me I need a new user name.So I sitting tight waiting for Leo to wake up and help me get back into firefox.

Hope Leo can fix the problem

Vickie
10-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Fingers crossed for my weigh in today. I had to postpone it because of my Doctor appointment yesterday.

Vickie
10-06-2009, 09:30 AM
I had a bit of trouble with Safari this morning too, Mary Ann. I hope you and Leo can get if figured out. I think it was them, not us.

beach bum
10-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Leo fixed my side of the computer as I'm not computer savvy.

Leo & I went to the chemo center early yesterday morning and we discussed his chemo pill and the side effects. He suggested to take the pill every other day,and prescribed 2 new nausea pills to take before meals to stop the stomach upset. Doctor didn't like that he lost 17 lb in 1 month due to not eating.He going to try to eat one of his shepherd's pies this evening.Wish I could lose 17 lb[my 10%],but not that way.

I got on the scale and lost.5 so now I lost all my cruise weight[8-lbs] that I gained in way back in July.

VICKIE-Thanks for starting us up for the week.I'm just having problems with Firefox updating there system is making my computer life miserable.When they updated to Firefox 3.5 they lost my book marks & browsing button.So I thought let me try using safari[made for Mac/Apple] and they won't let me have a yahoo toolbar to replace my bookmarks. So now I back with Firefox and I'm back using yahoos toolbar. Leo side of the computer is fine he didn't lose anything.

Oh Vickie you been though so much this last month,sending prayers your way. What will you do if he takes you of the JC.????? Does he have a plan that will help you if he take you off.

Have to get going,off to the bank & than to the health food store.

Vickie
10-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Mary Ann, I hope the new pills help Leo. No one wants to lose weight that way. Thanks for your concern, Mary Ann. It really does help to know that you all care.

The Doc said I'll go back on WW and cook fresh foods for myself if he has to take me off of JC. Let's hope that I've learned portion control.

I'm down a pound this week. I'd like to lose 2 pounds next week to get into the next lower "decade". It will be hard since I have a buffet tomorrow but I'll be as good as I can be. I'm also planning to exercise more this week.

I've been trying to listen to the wise people in my life. Jim is down 63 pounds and we started the same day. He pretty much exercises every day. He said he does it because to not just delay how long it will take him to get to goal.

Why drag it out is what he said. Makes sense, doesn't it? Now I have to feel good and try to stop being lazy about not exercising. Because for me, I feel that is what it is. Illness aside of course.

Talk to you all later.

Tejas
10-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi everybody:

Good to see you back on the boards, Vickie. I've been a bit missing also, with no internet in the new house.

I'm in the Dallas-Ft. Worth airport, watching the clouds move in. I'm supposed to leave for Toronto at 1:40, but now the departure is estimated to be 2PM. I'll be surprised if we get out that quickly.

I LOVE my new home and hate to leave it and DH to go back to work. But, we are going to make it through all right, I'm sure. I don't want to step on the scales, that's for sure. I've been pretty good, but the last little while has been hectic.

I'll check back in tomorrow, or later tonight from Toronto.

Rhonda

Vickie
10-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Safe trip home Rhonda. Thanks for missing me. Congratulations on your new home. I read and your trip sounded like it was more than taxing. I think you handled like the trouper that you are and with MUCH more grace than I would have.

Don't worry about the scale for now. You'll have plenty of time when you get back to your temporary digs to worry about that. Can you retire earlier? Maybe they'd let you out of your contract?

I just came back from running a TON of errands. I'm tired but have some computer banking and shopping to do. Also must do FitDay. I'm hungry and don't know where I am.

Vickie
10-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I went to an orchard near my home today. I got fresh picked produce to make some soup (zero point) and apples for applesauce. I also bought some nectarines. I bought gala for applesauce. I most often use macintosh but alternate with gala. I like a crisp sweet apple for eating and sauce. I like my sauce to be chunky and hate when it cooks down to mush. Anyway....long way to tell you my story.

Remember I said I've been trying to try new fruits and veggies? Well, I bought an acorn squash the other day and baked it. I put smart balance light, splenda, and pumpkin pie spice on it when it was done baking and it was outstanding.

Today, I bought one honeycrisp apple. I'd never had one before and I wanted to try it. I know it's still an apple, but I count it as something new. I would never eat apples out of hand, which is how I got on the applesauce kick. Well....let me tell you that it was AWESOME! If you like a crisp, sweet apple you have to try them.

BTW, the orchard lady told me today that the apples in large grocery stores can be as old as one year from the time they were picked. No wonder they don't taste too good some time!

Be back later.

sloanie
10-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Wow Vickie one year old apples! Who woulda thought? The honey crisp apple sounds good. I like my apples a little tart, but not as tart as a granny smith. I do love granny smith's in an apple pie, though. BTW, I used to make a yummy concoction when I first started WW. I would chop an apple and sprinkle it with a little water. I cooked it in the microwave until it was soft, then drained most of the liquid (some would cook out of the apple). Next I sprinkled on a little cinnamon and splenda to taste then topped it with sf/ff vanilla yogurt while it was still warm. It was really yummy! I'll bet you could also sprinkle on a few grape nuts, and it would taste like apple pie with vanilla ice cream! Let me know if you try it :D

Rhonda, I hope you get back to Toronto safely tonight. When do you have to be back at work?

Maryann, glad you got your computer straightened out. I hope the new med regimen works out for Leo.

Sandra and Paula :wave:

We are starting our fall break tomorrow. We will be out of school until a week from this Friday! I need it. I do have some remodeling/decorating goals set, but I'm happy to get that done. I'll mostly be glad to be away from school for a few days. GTG get some rest; I'm very tired :( I'll check in tomorrow. Nighty night!

blessedwithsarah
10-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi everyone. I've been MIA for a while. Drs appts and stuff going on that is keeping me running. My eating has been off as well - But I'm back to trying at least. Its tough when you realize you are not trying any longer. Oh well, can't change the past couple of weeks.

DH and I had our 10th anniversary. Had a wonderful dinner at a steak house. I did really well there - then there were the drinks :) For dinner last night I made meatloaf - 1/2 ground turkey and 1/2 ground sirloin. DH has no idea! Which is a good thing, if he knew there was ground turkey in it he would not have even tried it. We did get dd to try it -- at first she was adament that she does NOT like meatloaf. One taste, she loved it. Go figure, 6 year olds!

WE also went apple picking on Sunday -- I bought a ton! Empire, honey crisps, macouns and one other. Of course they are all mixed in a bag and I have no idea which is which. But they are all crisp and sweet.

Rhonda - glad things are moving along. How much longer till you actually retire and move south? I know its coming up soon.

Maryann - sorry Leo is having a tough time. You both will get through this!

Vickie - does Jim do something you can join him daily? Or maybe you can find a new activity to do together to get you both moving together? A few years ago my Jim and I did tennis for a while, there is always walking. I hope things work out at the Drs.

Hi Sandra and SLoan -- hope all is well with you!

Well, got to get to a meeting. BBL

Tejas
10-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Hi all...back at work and on the run...good to see you back, Paula.

Vickie, I'm coming over for lunch :lol:

beach bum
10-07-2009, 10:41 AM

We're having a mini storm up here on the Cape.Hoping it will end by 1PM that when I go over to my friends house to play canasta.If not there's always tomorrow or Friday. Feel a little stiff as my arthritis is acting up in my left hand.

VICKIE-Congrats on your 1 lb loss,Wish I would have lost that pound.Its taking forever. Leo is going to remain on the same chemo pills but only take them every other day. The doctor told him at the acne side effects should be done with as it come up in the 3 rd week,and now he going into his 4th week of treatment. WW is a good plan if it works for you.It didn't for me.

RHONDA-Happy you like your new home,hope that your trip back was pleasant. Relax and don't worry about your weight.,there time enough for that.

SLOAN-Thanks I hope this time around they work.Can't go though this again.Now if I can get him to eat,that will take they worry out of me.Glad that you have a break from school,use this time to enjoy life and relax.Do something pampering for yourself.

PAULA-:balloons:HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY:balloons: hope it was fun. Thanks hopefully the new method will work.

Have to go will be back later

ontarget
10-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi there. I've been subbing this week and enjoying every minute. I didn't get to go to WW yesterday cuz of it but weighed at home. I was down 3 lbs since last week.

We went to a friend's funeral today then had a late lunch. Confession time: I had a piece of carrot cake. Vickie, I'm positive it's not as good as what you make but it was pretty tasty. I will count my WAP's for this.

Rhonda, I hope you made it home safely and are clicking off the minutes to your retirement.

Maryann, congratulations on having your cruise gain off. I hope Leo does well on his new medication.

Paula, happy anniversary. Now dust yourself off and get op. I need you on the wagon so I'll stay put, too.

Vickie, I'm not exercising as much as Curtis. If I remember right, Jim does treadmill at home. Curtis is doing :ebike:. What we started out doing was 5 min every hour we were sitting around doing nothing. Now we have both started doing more than 5 minutes at a time.

Sloan, enjoy your fall holiday. Are you going somewhere?

sloanie
10-07-2009, 09:41 PM
:)I took the day off today to go to an orthopedist about my hip and back. What a waste of time! He was such a jerk! He told me there was nothing wrong with my hip! I can see the bone spur on the x-ray myself, and I can hardly get my leg in a position to put on my sock and shoe. He also tried to tell me my back pain was from my spine, and I can feel the soreness and swelling over the joint in my pelvis. He did not even touch my back or the area that was sore. Oh well. I now have more faith in my chiropractor than ever. The rest of my day was nice. I got to hang out in a nice new library for awhile (which I loved), and this afternoon we had choir practice (the one with the margarita music).

Sandra, we are not going anywhere for fall break. We had an awesome vacation this summer, so we are planning to stay home. I'm going to make the drapes for my bedroom and paint some furniture. I'm actually looking forward to getting it done. I also plan to try to get my eating back on track. Maybe my seat on the wagon will still be open.

Paula, happy tenth anniversary! When the wagon comes down by Tennessee, scoot over for me :)

Rhonda, I'm glad you are safely back in Toronto. Hang in there, you'll be in Texas with Doyle before you know it!

Vickie, sounds like you and Paula had the same idea about the apples! Great minds think alike!

Maryann, hope the storm is gone. How was your canasta game? Does Leo play, too?

I'm watching MASH with my DS. As Sandra says: Life is good!

blessedwithsarah
10-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Well, I did very well yesterday. Nothing off plan for me -- I did not have my nighttime wine and my snack was a ww latte ice cream bar. If you like coffee, give these a try -- 1 point and they are YUMMY! Today is starting off well also.

Sloan - we're heading south, get ready to jump on!! I'm hanging on to Sandra as well! :)

Sandra - congrats on the 3 pd loss! Thats great!

Well, got to run. BBL

beach bum
10-08-2009, 10:32 AM

Days are starting to get colder up here,so walking along the windy beach is out. Will have to rely on my walking tapes & bike for the next two seasons.
Had a great time at the canasta game,but didn't have time to exercise like I planned.

SANDRA-Congrats:carrot: on your 3 lb loss. Thanks, Hope That I don't go back up.I love carrot cake,but like I told my friends yesterday I don't feel like baking anymore,I rather buy the goodies.

SLOANE-Leo doesn't play cards,while I was out playing canasta he was watching the Yankee & Minn baseball game.He starts the meds this Saturday and what bothers me is his not eat while on the pills.

PAULA-:wave: having a snack or two would hurt if you watch the points and indulge in portion sizes.

Have to go, will be back later

Tejas
10-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi All:

I'm on a flat out run at work! Wow, do central administrations ever know how to make us underlings run around in circles :rofl:

Anyway, I went to a yoga class last night, exercise in the park this morning, and off to spin/yoga tonight. I guess I'm trying to make up for two weeks off all in a few days.

This Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving and I'm all alone! My friend is going to the country, my other friends are also out of town....I think actually that I will LOVE being alone for a few days. I have lots to organize where I'm staying and maybe I can laze around and read a novel.

Sandra, congrats on the loss. I haven't found the scales at my friend's house yet.

Back to the grind now...

Rhonda

nancy237
10-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey !!!!!
Remember me???
I have been over on the South Beach forum
but I am slowly gaining so I need to get back to Core...

I am back to 143 so this is certainly time to get serious before I gain anymore.

I have started kayaking and biking some so that may help.

I need to find the food list to put on my frig. After doing South Beach
I can't remember exactly what is and is not Core.

ontarget
10-08-2009, 07:58 PM
:welcome: back Nancy. It's good to have you back.

Thank you all for the congratulations. I'm back op today and am definitely not wanting carrot cake. I'm in the "I feel guilty" mode. But I'm also dusted and am glad I have you all for support.

Tejas
10-08-2009, 09:47 PM
What's that ad doing on our chat board!?

Welcome back Nancy...of course we remember you.

So, I survived my day and went to spin/yoga, which was great. I took it easy, but did go.

Maryann, it's getting colder here too. Today when I went out for exercise in the park I needed a windbreaker and gloves. Not too bad really I guess.

Sloan, I'm sorry to hear that your doctor wasn't very helpful. I've had good luck with chiropractors and accupunturists (sp?) myself. Have you ever tried deep muscle massage?

Paula, congrats on your anniversary. I hope you had a great celebration.

Night all,
Rhonda

ontarget
10-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Night night.

sloanie
10-08-2009, 09:59 PM
:woohoo: Nancy!!!!!!! I'm so glad to see you! How have you been?

:thanks2: Rhonda, is turkey and dressing traditional for Candadian Thanksgiv ing dinner? I hope you do enjoy your alone time and find an awesome novel to read.

Sandra, congrats on the big three!

Paula, I'm getting ready. Since I'll be staying home during fall break, I plan to get down to serious core.

Maryann, I hope Leo has an easy time with his meds this time. Does he just lose his appetite or is he nauseated?

We had parent teacher conferences this evening, so I just got home. Today was pretty uneventful though. Tomorrow DS is having his wisdom teeth removed, so I'll be playing nurse. Wish us luck! TTFN

beach bum
10-09-2009, 10:04 AM

Nothing new,Leo I got up later and we're feeling refreshed,after the hard week week had. I even lost a little since Mon's weigh-in and hope it stays over the weekend.

RHONDA-That great that your exercising again after a few days of absence. Don't over due it, you don't want to pull on any unused muscles,just be careful. We haven't gotten that cold yet but a jacket or sweater is in order.

NANCY-Welcome back,:welcome2:I was on the SB for 5 years only to find me regaining and maintaining. My doctor told me "Its was a good diet for maintenance,but if you want to lose you'll had to try Low Carbing." I'm not a low carb person so WW and counting calories is my solution. Don't know where you can get a food list ,but going over to Dotty's site,I sure she has it.

SLOAN-Don't go into the guilty mode,just brush yourself off and start again.Thanks,I hope so,he usually get nauseous after he has a hacking attack when his stomach churns and than he loses his appetite. Doctor gave him cough med with codeine but some times it works and other times it doesn't.Sending [[[[[[good vibes]]]]] for your DS for his wisdom tooth removal.I been there and its not fun,give him extra hugs.

Have to get ready to go grocery shopping

Tejas
10-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi:

Are you Chickies getting ads on our board...there's a new one on mine and the old one is gone...

I'm a little sore from the exercise but nothing that can't be restored with today's rest. I'm loving my return to yoga. There's a few moves I can't do because of an old neck injury, but it feels good to be back at it.

Sloan, yes, it's turkey and dressing time here. I've been invited to my godson's house now, so I'll go there on Sunday. On Monday, the real holiday, the spin studio is having a "turkey burning" spin (meaning burn the calories!...cute)

I'm staying home if I can today and trying to make order out of the chaos of my stuff here at my friend's. I can't believe that I dumped so much stuff on her!!!!

Rhonda

sloanie
10-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm off to take DS to his class then to his wisdom tooth extraction. I'm driving 'cause he has to take valium as soon as class is over, and I don't want him driving. I hope the procedure is easy, and we are home quickly.

Rhonda, I'm glad you will be with family to celebrate. I guess I'm just sentimental, but I hate to see someone alone on a holiday. The spin class sounds good. I need to spin myself into exercising again. I've got to find something that agrees with my hips and spine.

Maryann, can Leo take mucinex to keep the secretions liquid? Sometimes that helps keep coughing to a minimum. Congrats on your loss!

I'll bbl to report on the wisdom teeth! C-ya

Tejas
10-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Alone, blessed alone! I didn't go to the office, but spent much of the day dealing with crises. Some of them involved student behavior and well-being so it's been a challenge.

But, now my friend is gone, and I have silence. I'm going to treasure it. I bet though I might be a bit nervous in this huge, old house at night, alone. We'll see.

My eating has been very good today, and tomorrow I begin the day with an extra exercise class at 7AM. :exercise:

I hope the tooth extractions aren't too awful!

Rhonda

ontarget
10-09-2009, 11:03 PM
I had a good 2 days subbing then Curtis and I went to the movies to see the new Vince Vaughn. Now we're just chillin'.

Rhonda, enjoy your holiday.

Tejas
10-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Good Morning:

So, I was out in the local park at 7AM with the exercise class. As we lay on our backs doing abdominal crunches a flock of geese headed south in formation flew over...beautiful sight.

I'm off later to spend more time with ex's niece and her children. We went out yesterday and I bought clothes for the kids...that was fun. Today, it's our turn to have a few treats.

I've had oatmeal for breakfast and feel ready to start this chilly day. I hope you're all doing well. I managed OK last night here in this big house alone.

Rhonda

sloanie
10-10-2009, 09:35 AM
The tooth extraction went well. DS has even been a little entertaining while on pain medicine. He was a little disturbed by feeling "warm and fuzzy" when the pain med took effect (he's never experienced this type of medicine). My day will consist of "baby sitting" him, but I'm sure tomorrow he'll be on his own.

Sandra,give us a review on the movie. Did you like it?

Rhonda, when I'm home alone at night, sometimes I sleep downstairs on the couch. I'm not sure why, but I think it makes me feel more in control. Maybe if you turn on some "feel good" movies it will seem more cozy.

Hope everyone has a good day! TTFN

Vickie
10-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm glad you're all safe and warm. I've been running all week. We are going to nest this weekend. I made some zero point soup for later and froze six serving for two.

Talk to you all soon. Stay on program. I thought it was SO hard in the beginning. I've just been taking it day by day and meal by meal. Now I have still a LONG way to go but am happy with my progress. It will be 9 months on Tuesday. Time is going to go by no matter what you do. Wouldn't it be nice if you were thinner when it happened?

beach bum
10-10-2009, 11:09 AM

Both of us had a bad night so we're staying indoors today and relaxing. I woke up with my nose all stuffed that I had to go down stairs for the nasal spray.I think my sinuses are acting up again even those the hay fever is almost over.Leo of course with this coughing.

RHONDA-No I'm not getting ant ads on my screen.Have a Happy Thanksgiving & a nice turkey burn spin,that it cute .How many calories can you burn in class???? When I spin[ being lazy] I go 1 mins ever 5 min for 30 mins and according to my calorie book I burn 116 calories.Have no idea if I'm having a turkey this year now that Leo doesn't want to eat. Its silly to buy one of I'm the only one going to eat it. Will make the side dishes,for myself but in a small quantity.

SLOANE-Leo has taken mucinex before and it didn't work,now he taking cough syrup with codeine. Doctor tells him its the lungs way of clearing themselves. Glad that your son wisdom tooth removal went fine.Didn't like that when it happen to me,as I can sympathize.

VICKIE-Happy Nesting.relax and have a great holiday weekend.
That's what we're doing.

Have a great weekend going to watch the 3rd President Cup day of golf.

ontarget
10-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Rhonda, your morning in the park with geese flying overhead sounds awesome. I'm glad you're having some time to recoop and regroup. Enjoy your weekend. Are you getting some new, smaller clothes today? We'll be waiting to hear what you get.

Sloan, :lol: about ds. I'm glad he's having an easy time so far and hope that continues.

Vickie, thank you for your post. You said it all. It's hard for me to be content with 1 lb per week. I keep thinking about what that'll mean next year this time.

Maryann, enjoy your weekend. WW has "fairly" good turkey TV dinners if you're interested. I know that's not the same, but it's something.

I am debating on whether to get dressed and go to town or not. I'm very tempted to stay home all day since I worked almost all week. Next week I keep the granddaughters Monday then sub Wed/Thurs. That'll be an easier week.

The movie was cute. "Couples Retreat" I don't usually go see comedies at the theater. I normally like to rent them later and go to movies for BIG productions; however, I did have a good time. After the movie we had vegetable plates at a local restaurant. We're a wild pair, aren't we?

Tejas
10-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Hi All:

No, I didn't buy any clothes for myself, Sandra. Instead I have bought some new bedding to use at my friend's house. It's just a treat to be a little more luxurious in this period. I made three trips to a Goodwill-type store to get rid of stuff today, mostly clothes. It felt quite liberating.

I've eaten well today too. Oatmeal, fruit, salad, soup, eggs, etc. I did have a biscotti with my coffee this morning though.

Maryann, I usually spin off about 500 calories a class. That's what's so disheartening about such slow losing. But, I am losing and can feel my shape changing for the better.

Sloan, I'm glad the little guy didn't suffer too much. Of course, it might be a different story right about now! I hope he can sleep. I think you asked when I'm actually retiring...Dec. 31st is the date, but I hope to be able to leave on Dec. 18th when the holiday break begins.

Night all,
Rhonda

ontarget
10-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you are treating yourself. I'll bet you'll be really comfy with your new linens.

My eating could have been better today. I did do some :ebike: but not much. I doubt I'll have a loss this week.

sloanie
10-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the well wishes for my DS chicks! He's doing well, but he looks like a chipmunk. His pain is under control and he's able to rest. I hope he will feel well enough to go to class tomorrow.

Rhonda, it's funny to think of Eric as "the little guy". He's 6 feet tall and weighs about 280! He is a big baby, though. I think he would still sit in my lap if it would not kill me! BTW the sheets sound lovely!

I'm planning to hang around the house again today. I think I might do some painting on my door if the weather stays clear. Have a great day!

beach bum
10-11-2009, 09:25 AM

Its getting colder now that we're heading into the mid October,and we must get the A/C out of the windows pretty soon.

Not going to church as Leo is feel out of breath just walking around, so I'll be here for him just in case.Today he took his first chemo pill,and we're soon find out what kind of side effects we'll be dealing with.

SANDRA-Thanks its going to be another relaxing day for us. I know about those turkey frozen dinners.Hope fully I will find some turkey part to munch on instead. Last year we bought an 8 pound one and made soup & sandwich for a few weeks.

My friends & I like to go out to the movies and comedy is what we like.Maybe we'll go see Couples Retreat when it comes to our theaters.

RHONDA-If I have the chance to go to the good will I have 4 bags of clothes to get rid of. All clothes that don't fit me anymore and I don't believe they will never in the near future.

WOW 500 calories Don't think I could spinning that much,like I posted I spin every 5 mins. on a 30 min ride.I think that only 160 burned calories.That's fantastic that your losing even if it slow, losing pounds & inches is a good achievement.

Have a great Sunday,

Tejas
10-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi All:

I've just returned from seeing my former MIL in the nursing home. Alzheimer's is devastating, but I must say that sometimes she has us in stitches. Today, we all laughed so hard, we cried. She was really with us today.

My eating continues to go very well. I've had cold cereal, fruit, and chicken soup today. I'm going to my godson's this afternoon and I hope I can keep myself firmly in control as I have been. I'll do my best.

I hope you're all having a great day today. It was in the 40's here this morning. No frost yet, but it's not far away. I don't think I'll be doing pushups in the park when there's frost on the grass. We have to find an alternative!

Rhonda

mikahrae
10-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi everyone,

My name is Mikah and I just started Core .Coming from a long background of ED , and obsessions of calories counting, CORE seemed like a big relief to me . I am doing WW online thing, so I can log everything on their website.
I need to lose about 10 lbs to feel comfortable in my skin (Im 5"3 and 143 now.)
I am having a hard time knowing "how much" I am supposed to eat ?
I really love the fact that technically you dont have to measure with this plan . Here are my questions for you ladies :

To those who have had success with core :

#1 Do you really not measure ?
#2 From my understanding pasta, brown rice and potatos are once a day / oats , blk beans, corn etc are eat to satisfaction ...but do you all have some sort of guildeine on your starches at all ? For instance do you all try not to have a grain at every meal or anything like that ?
#3 I do not "cook" with oil ... What is the harm in substituting 1 T of almond butter / natural PB for the oil ? Is it some type of scientific thing that makes you hold if you exchange olive oil for a daily serving of PB ? Or is it just a binge trigger so WW has taken it upon themselves to limit this particular food ?

#4 Do you all use your 35 points ? If you did use your 35 points a week , would that hinder your weight loss ?

#5 How much do you all workout? Do you consider a stroll in the park a workout , or must it be a standard sweat drenching workout to count as activity ?

I really need some encouragement because I am afraid that this will not work for me as I feel tainted with the calorie counting, percentages of macros etc etc etc? Im having a hard time having trust in what I think a portion size is, eating it and moving on without obsessing over exact contents .
Any pointers will help !

PS Ill post this in the forum as well so others who do not participate in the chat might be able to give me advice !

Thanks everyone !
M~

nancy237
10-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Mikahrae...
Welcome...
I have been doing core and tried South Beach but I'm back to core because
it seems easier..

The first weeks will be hard because you are learning a new way to eat,
but then it gets easier...
I just had to face it that if I wanted a change in my weight that it meant I had to change what I ate ..no way around it...

This is what I understand about the grains.. I hope someone else will
straighten me out if I have it wrong.

One serving of whole wheat pasta, potatos or brown rice a day is allowed.
One serving of whole grain cold cereal is allowed.(limited to only the grains,
like puffed wheat, shredded wheat)

Not sure about the Olive Oil substitution.. It is a heathy oil and South Beach
recommends it also..

Hope you like the diet.

ontarget
10-11-2009, 04:27 PM
:welcome: Micah. Nancy has given you some good advice. If you have problems with portion control, try these tricks:

Use a smaller plate (luncheon plate)
Use a salad fork
Make sure you can see "plate" between your different foods on your plate.
FOLLOW THE 8 HEALTHY GUIDELINES.

There are other "tricks" to use to help. I think it would be good if each one of us here posted some that work for us.

Good success to you.

mikahrae
10-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone,

I am more wondering if I eat enough sometimes too. I am more wondering exactly what a portion size should be ?
if you are not measuring , how do you know ? Do you just eyeball and go with how your body feels ?

sloanie
10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Mikah, one of the ladies here had a great idea about portions. She saved some of the plastic trays that ww and other "lite" frozen foods came in and used them for serving sizes. I have not done that, but I loved the idea. As far as the peanut butter goes, you can experiment with what works for you. It can be counted toward your wpa's. One suggestion I can make is to use the oil in popped corn or to make salad dressings. It does take some time to get used to eating to satisfaction; just give yourself time. One suggestion I have that really helped me is to use the core recipes listed here. It adds variety to the plan.

I started core with 20 pounds to lose, and I have to say it was not fast. That said, I can vehemently say that this is the best way I have found to lose/maintain weight. I have also found that I feel much better when eating core foods.

I'm glad to have you join us. Stick around. We are great cheerleaders! :cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

mikahrae
10-11-2009, 07:00 PM
The frozen meal tray is a great idea!
I will definitely try that one out !

blessedwithsarah
10-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi everyone. Its been a great weekend. Ran errands yesterday, got dd her halloween costume. She is going to be a green fairy -- the skirt on the costume lights up! We have a neigborhood party next weekend. Then today after church, we went to a local nursery and got our pumpkins. they had a fall farm festival there -- hay rides, animals and snacks. It was a nice day.

Maryann, we still have our ACs in the windows. DH was saying we need to get them out on Tuesday. Hope you were able to enjoy this beautiful day.

Rhonda, only a few more months. Christmas will be here before we know it and you'll be heading south! Gald you treated yourself to new sheets. Bought DD a new comforter set yesterday -- her room finally all matches.

Sloan, hope DS is feeling better. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out the summer before I started college. Not a fun time, but it was better to have them out in one shot than have to go back. Did theyget all of his out?

Sandra, thinking of you today. DD was practicing her archery today. She needed help aiming -- of course I was no help. I need you!

Micha -- I left you a long post on your other thread. I stopped there first.

Hi Nancy!!

Has donna or Coco been around?

Well, time for DD to get ready for bed. Have a good night.

beach bum
10-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I am more wondering if I eat enough sometimes too. I am more wondering exactly what a portion size should be ?
if you are not measuring , how do you know ? Do you just eyeball and go with how your body feels ?

WELCOME to the chat MILAHRAE I'm the one that uses the black plastic frozen entree trays. I have a large 3 section one for dinner and the small 2 section for lunch or supper. I found them helpful in keeping my portions small. Now I just have to figure out how many calories my body needs to lose and I will be in business.