100 lb. Club - OCTOBER NSV's

View Full Version : OCTOBER NSV's

Sandi
10-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

salsa chip
10-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks Sandi! :D

My NSV today is about getting out of the shower. For years I was used to wrapping a big towel around myself and because of how ginormous my thighs were, the towel not hanging straight down it'd open and my nasty upper leg would be on display.

Wellllll today I noticed that whilst the towel still doesn't hang down straight...it does actually cover what it's supposed to cover! No unsightly thigh triangle! Huzzah!

daisy5819
10-05-2009, 09:55 AM
I ran my first 5K. And ran the whole time!!! So excited. I was slow, but I did it!

JustBeckyV
10-05-2009, 10:07 AM
I bought a pair of jeans about a month ago on clearance at fashion bug hoping that maybe sometime later this year I would fit into them. I was trying on my jeans on Saturday to be amazed at how big all my old jeans were but having none to wear now lol So I pulled out these jeans that are 3 sizes smaller than what I did wear and they FIT!! Yippee!!

DCHound
10-05-2009, 10:07 AM
A friend and I went shoe shopping yesterday. I have worn a 13W since 1995. When I lost a LOT of weight in 2003 I briefly was able to wear slides/sandals in a 12W, but closed-toe shoes always had to be 13s.

Well...I saw a very cute pair of heels in a 12 and I was inspired to try them on. THEY FIT! They were CUTE! And they weren't Wide!

I didn't buy them...they didn't go with anything I have and they were way expensive. But OMG I have lost a SIZE in length and a SIZE in width! My feet are almost a normal (-ish) size! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND 13s????????????????????????

Woot.

thistoo
10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
I have two, to make up for the fact that I have been lazy about posting this summer:

1) I ran a ten minute mile yesterday. Usually I run sprints, not distance, so while I sprint at 7.0-7.5 mph on a regular basis, yesterday marked the first day I ran an entire mile at 6.0 mph. For miles two and three I had to knock it down to 5 mph, but 3 miles in 34 minutes is a huge accomplishment for me. It felt pretty great.

2) I have a profile on OK Cupid (a dating/social networking site, one of the free ones) that I never log into, because I have a pretty hardcore thing for a guy I work with, so my heart is elsewhere. Last night I got a message from someone on there saying he'd been looking around and my profile was the one he kept coming back to, he'd love to get to know me, etc.

So I looked at his profile, and he's 26! I'm 37. That's waaaay out of my age range. Still, it was really flattering to be hit on by a younger man, even over the internet. :D

KateRN
10-07-2009, 03:13 AM
1.) I did the "random hill" setting on the elliptical - instead of just "quick start - level 1" - and I did it for 28 minutes! granted, i had a huge cramp in my calf, but it was good!!! :)

2.) my parents bought me a ring for my 21st birthday that i had never taken off until i hit 228 lbs and it would cut into me... I put it back on today for the first time in 4 months and it actually fits easily on all my fingers - even my thumb! :)

AbbySinthe
10-07-2009, 07:45 AM
I fit into my Old Navy Size 16 no stretch jeans this morning.
Now by "fit", I mean squeezed my butt into them with rolls coming out over every side, but they came up past my thighs and zipped up no problem so I'm calling it a victory! :)

TamiL
10-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Ok, mine is not nearly as exciting as these but at my age its very flattering.

One of the admins at the middle school I drive for has a crush on me....everyone knows it.....ok, easy come, easy go....I'm married! It is still exciting to know that men still find me pleasing, he's a good 5 years my junior and I'm gonna be 45 soon. I feel like a school girl, LOL

salsa chip
10-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Ok, mine is not nearly as exciting as these but at my age its very flattering.

One of the admins at the middle school I drive for has a crush on me....everyone knows it.....ok, easy come, easy go....I'm married! It is still exciting to know that men still find me pleasing, he's a good 5 years my junior and I'm gonna be 45 soon. I feel like a school girl, LOL

Not nearly as exciting? I beg to differ!! I'd love it if I had an admirer! ;)

waquilter
10-07-2009, 06:26 PM
This probably sounds a bit silly, but I was able to get into a yoga position in class I'd never been able to before.

HeyHeyGabby
10-07-2009, 06:56 PM
1. My pants have started to fall off!

2. I can tell by the glow on my dads face that he is so proud of me :).

jefferzzzz
10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Well, since July 22nd, my jeans are literally falling off of me. I went from wearing a 36w to a 32w which are now loose. It feels great!

ubergirl
10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I wore my cute little black mini skirt for the first time in at least ten years. My son noticed and said "hey mom, you look skinny."

thistoo
10-07-2009, 09:07 PM
This probably sounds a bit silly, but I was able to get into a yoga position in class I'd never been able to before.

That is NOT silly. I love it when I make progress in yoga!

I was asked out today by a regular patron at the library where I work. Not the person I wish would ask me out (though I did have lunch with him today), but still, it was very flattering.

LitChick
10-07-2009, 09:59 PM
What a great thread!

Salsa chip, I can't wait until my towels wrap/cover me completely. I have to shower at the gym before work and am always having trouble making sure I'm covered. I know I could just buy one of those huge beach towels but it's a point of pride (and I'm cheap!)

DC, I also found out that I dropped a size (well, half a size) in shoes this week! I went to Payless (BOGO!) and the 9 1/2s were too big, I had to go down to the 9s, which was great because those had a much better selection.

Great NSVs, ladies - thanks for sharing!

Mine is that I went on a 25-mile bike ride on Sunday and did not feel like I wanted to die afterwards. In fact, I got up the next morning and went to spinning class!

Also, my wedding ring now fits on my middle finger. I need to stop wearing it soon or I risk losing it!

Loving Me
10-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Mine is that all of the trousers I bought for the summer are so baggy now, I will definitely NOT be wearing these next summer.

emilydreaming
10-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Last night, I ran on the treadmill for the first time in two years. It was only for 3 one minute increments, but I'm still pretty happy with myself.

PinkFlamingo
10-08-2009, 01:20 PM
I went to class today, even though I felt like hiding in my room.

DCHound
10-08-2009, 02:38 PM
I unpacked all my winter clothes from last year when I started on this journey...many of the ones I'd put away as being too small, which I was planning on wearing this winter...are too big!

I've given away all my 32s-30s-28s-26s-24s-22s-20s (except for one outfit in a 32 I'm keeping to take the ubiquitous both-legs-in-one photo that's de rigeur at the end of a weightloss journey, of course).

Many of the 18s/XLs are too big but I'm going to pack them away in case I'm fortunate enough to ever get pregnant...some of my 16Ws/Ls are even a bit roomy now. So I missed my window of opportunity on some of these outfits! :)

duckyyellowfeet
10-08-2009, 02:57 PM
this week, I dug into the jeans bin because the ones I had been wearing were just too big.
I'm not wearing the jeans I bought to come to college three years ago, meaning I've lost my freshman 20. 10 more lbs. and I'll be back in the jeans I wore in high school. can't wait!

diabetic z
10-08-2009, 11:23 PM
1.) Can fit into my 2XL clothing again. No need to buy new winter clothes. :D
2.) My workout shorts are really loose. I have to make sure to tuck my t-shirt under them and tie the draw string tight. Otherwise, there might be an impromptu full moon. :o
3.) Having real food back on the menu. I no longer have to rely on my protein packets as my sole source of food. I can now plan out meals/snacks. They are small portions, but it is a welcome change.

CLCSC145
10-09-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm comfortably wearing size 20 jeans today (I wore my size 24's a bit too long, so I jumped right over 22's).

And I went to get my hair cut today and my hairdresser went nuts with the compliments on how I look now. It was good for the ego!

HeyHeyGabby
10-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Wow! these are awesome! :), y'all should be so proud.

Todays NSV: I walked 1.7 miles for my breakfast at I Love Bagels today :)

(This was only cause of the giant spider near my treadmill, but still)

momof5k
10-09-2009, 06:56 PM
I dug out all of my winter gear (as the flakes are a flyin' here today :) ) and everything is TOO big! I put on my winter coat and I look like a little girl wearing her mothers clothing :)

WildThings
10-09-2009, 07:49 PM
I have wore the same winter coat for several years. It's a ski parka with a removable liner that I bought even though it was tight because I thought for sure four or five years ago I would lose some weight. Well, that didn't happen, there were actually many times over the last few years that I would wear it, be very uncomfortable in it, and not be able to zip it. On good days, I could zip it but felt like I was wearing a straigtjacket. I put it on yesterday and not only did it fit, and zip comfortably, but I actually zipped my purse under it so it wouldn't get wet.

thistoo
10-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Today I plucked up the courage to tell this guy at work that I am interested in him. We have a date on Thursday. That is an even bigger step for me than losing 90 pounds, not gonna lie.

Tibouchina
10-09-2009, 10:51 PM
I got into size 18 jeans again...that was a fun trip to the thrift store. Goodness, it's been so long. Can't wait until the khaki cargo 16s I have fit again...

WildThings
10-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Today I plucked up the courage to tell this guy at work that I am interested in him. We have a date on Thursday. That is an even bigger step for me than losing 90 pounds, not gonna lie.

That's awesome :carrot::carrot::carrot:! Hope you have fun.

waquilter
10-10-2009, 10:05 AM
I was able to sit on my favorite stool today without the arms digging into my hips!!!

Lyn2007
10-10-2009, 02:18 PM
I am just so happy! I don't feel lousy and tired and icky and sluggish anymore. That's a NSV, right??

momof5k
10-10-2009, 02:33 PM
I am just so happy! I don't feel lousy and tired and icky and sluggish anymore. That's a NSV, right??

One of the best ones I think :)

anmitche
10-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Yesterday, for the first time, I felt normal. My BMI is still in the obese range, but I looked in the mirror and didn't see a fat girl. It was so nice.

And, I wore a button up shirt completely buttoned for the first time in a long time. That was also nice. :)

FitGirlyGirl
10-11-2009, 04:06 PM
1. I had to up my handweights from 3 to 5 pounds.
2. We're 1/3 through October and I have so far avoided Halloween candy. (very scared of the beginning of November when it all goes on clearance though)

Krista
10-11-2009, 04:39 PM
I went thru my closet today an got rid of all my clothes that I haven't worn in awhile and the one's I never want to see again....getting ready for the new me!

2behealthy
10-11-2009, 05:35 PM
I haven't had an nsv in a while and this one took a few days to sink in that it was a victory.

I was in Tractor Supply the other day and passed the display of thermal underthings they have out for winter. I like to wear thermals under my dress during the winter and all the ones I had from the last years were so big I donated them. So I pick a pair up and decide if I want to spend $6.99 right then. My first thought is that I better buy them they casue I might not find "my" size if I wait too long. Then it hits me- "my size" is plain old XL not XXXL like it used to be. This is just a regular size and I won't have any trouble finding them and I actually have time to see if they are cheaper at Walmart. Well, last night I go to Walmart and sure enough they are only $5 there- so I rather excited like place them in my cart. Made me feel really good to buy something normal!

salsa chip
10-12-2009, 01:32 AM
Yesterday I ran in a four mile long race - not bad for someone who's obese :)

Aussie Nikki
10-12-2009, 06:53 AM
I resisted eating any of the massive slab of chocolate mud cake delivered to our office today. It was hard, but I didn't give in!

Lyn2007
10-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I went out for birthday dinner with my son at a burger joint he picked, and I had chicken fajitas with no tortillas and only ate part of it. The whole plate was only 570 calories! I feel so proud I did not go nuts and order a burger!

WildThings
10-12-2009, 10:40 AM
I completed a strenuous 4.5 hour hike yesterday in which two occasions I had to climb over large fallen trees carrying a 45lb dog (she has very short legs) and a dozen other occasions where I had to lift her up or down spots that where really high. As tired as my legs were last night, I was still able to turn out a 3 mile run this morning.

Edit to add, while it may be more of a scale victory, I am only 4lbs away from being overweight!!!

DCHound
10-12-2009, 10:41 AM
This morning I decided to go upstairs and try on one pair of the really small size 16 jeans I bought in 2003...I now only have 2 old pairs of jeans I still can't fit into. (As an aside, I bought a pair of size 14 misses Gloria Vanderbilt jeans about a month ago and held them up to these...they are the exact same size.)

I tried them on about 2-3 weeks ago and I could barely pull them all the way up but they were no-where close to meeting.

Well! All this weight that's decided to melt off the last 2 weeks on my scale seems to have done something!

I was able to pull them up pretty easily. Then! I was able to ZIP them!

Now, they look like crap. There's no way I could go out in public wearing them. But! I can get them on! And they ZIP!

I think they will be ready for public consumption sometime in the next month!

Then I will only have the one other pair of 16 jeans, which are even smaller, left to fit into. They are Tommy Hilfiger, a very very light blue, almost white. Extremely glamorous. They used to magically make my legs look very long and my butt look extremely small, via some kind of Hilfiger magic. :)

When I started this journey last year I was very unsure as to whether I would EVER be able to wear these jeans again. They had lived in my basement since 2003. I used to look at them and not quite believe I'd ever been able to get my massive self into them. They were literally the width of one of my legs.

And they are going to FIT before the end of the year. Heck, they might even be baggy.

Things like this make it all worthwhile.

DCHound
10-12-2009, 10:45 AM
And another one, from yesterday. Some of you may have read my thread about the party I went to thrown by my dumb friend who was mad I wouldn't eat/drink with her (she's a size 0 btw).

Well, her friend took a lot of pictures at the party, posted them all to Facebook, and tagged them. (Which is a huge social gaffe, never tag people without their permission!) Surprisingly enough, I didn't have to untag myself out of any of them. Even the 'bad' ones were OK, and the good ones were pretty amazing.

I sent the best one to a friend of mine who used to be a size 24-26 and is now a size 4-6. She immediately wrote back and said 'OMG, if I didn't know what size you are I would have thought you were a 12!' She doesn't really give people compliments, so this was kind of a big deal. :)

foxxy511
10-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I haven't posted in awhile...mainly because I slipped, gained 10 pounds in 2 months and felt like a total failure at the the weight loss game. But, I had an NSV yesterday (first time in a loooong time) and I wanted to share! I have been lurking though and I'm so inspired by everyone's success and perseverance. I want to get back in the fun!

We went out to dinner for my brother's birthday and I actually enjoyed myself at the restaurant. I didn't neurotically plan beforehand (which, for me, equals limiting myself to something I don't want while there and inevitably binging afterward) and I made smart choices and did not binge when I got home! I did eat some of the appetizer and bread, but only about half of my entree (stopped because I was full..what a concept!). I had eaten lightly all day, picked something that looked relatively healthy (pasta in a tomato sauce with grilled chicken and veggies) and didn't eat past the point of feeling stuffed. Which I usually do when I go out to eat. I'm trying to shift over to maintenance and I think that means enjoying the rare dinner out without being a neurotic mess (not to say that people who carefully plan dinners out are neurotic! that only applies to me!). I didn't go to bed feeling like a stuffed sausage from too much food and I woke up this morning feeling quite proud of myself!

momof5k
10-13-2009, 12:31 AM
I bought a pair of sixze 12 lululemon pants today! I have NEVER fit anything in that store since it moved to my city! Yeehah!!

emilydreaming
10-13-2009, 10:04 AM
The only pair of shorts I own became too tight last year around this time. Yesterday, I put them on and they fit, no struggle to zip or tightness around my thighs!

FitGirlyGirl
10-13-2009, 10:13 AM
I weighed myself this morning. By the time I had managed to feed both sets of cats (the 4 in the house and the strays outside that we feed), feed and check both sets of fish (tanks and pond), and make my own breakfast (this all takes about 15 - 30 minutes) I had completely forgotten what the scale had said. Luckily mine has memory so I was able to go check in order to put it in my log. I think the fact that I forgot what my weight was shows I'm totally not obsesed with the number on the scale, and that to me is a huge NSV.

AbbySinthe
10-14-2009, 07:21 AM
I can see my collarbones again.
I didn't realize how much I'd missed them until they came back.
I promise I'll never lose them again :)

thistoo
10-14-2009, 09:30 AM
I have been running for distance more and more lately, which I used to hate, but I have a lot on my mind right now and it turns out that running is the best stress reliever ever. So I've been running on the treadmill, because I hatehateHATE running outside. But this morning I got up for my usual pre-work workout, and I can't go use the treadmill at my sister's house at 5:00 am, so I took my run outside for the first time since it got hot here in the south.

And you know what? It felt AWESOME. I handled the hills in my neighborhood better than ever, my endurance was way up, and the pavement didn't slow me down nearly as much as it used to. All on three hours of sleep (though I wish I could figure out how to solve my insomnia problem.) I will definitely be doing that a lot more now that it's cooler in the morning!

time2lose
10-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Even though my weight loss seems to have really slowed down, I am seeing the results more and more. Go figure. My clothes are looser on me. I am moving better. I can tell that I am smaller even if the scale doesn't reflect it.

ubergirl
10-14-2009, 09:51 AM
My (male) boss was standing in a doorway and I had to pass... I passed him without bumping into him or the doorway.... Amazing!

My co-worker brought a huge bag of candy corn and those little pumpkins and threw them on the desk. I didn't eat any, didn't really think about eating them. I KNEW I wasn't going to, even though candy corn has long been a binge food in the past.

A friend and co-worker who doesn't work my shift overlapped with me for a while yesterday. I haven't seen her in months. She's a little big, but she was much much smaller than me... but yesterday, I noticed that she seemed more like my size. I think she noticed too because she called me later that day and told me she had gone swimming for the first time in ages. I think I motivated her.

shasha17a
10-14-2009, 12:23 PM
I have some pairs of jeans from old navy in 12's and 14's. But each pair of jeans is different due to fit. Today I put on a pair of 14's in the bootcut style, so I know they are cut smaller, and THEY FIT! I can't wait until I can start wearing more of the smaller sizes in my closet.

anmitche
10-14-2009, 03:40 PM
I've been sick, so I haven't been going to the gym for about a week and a half. I went back today, and my friend Jesse, the pt manager, said I look thin! Yay!

Lyn2007
10-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Once again, my NSV is that I just feel SO great, SO happy and alive that I never never never want to go back to the foggy existance I used to have. I am just loving life.

crazycurls
10-14-2009, 10:41 PM
I went shopping with my mom. I bought a pair of new jeans in a size 20!!!! I haven't seen a number that low on my pants tag in years!!! I am very excited! Also, I bought one of those vest with the hoods. I LOVE IT!

Tibouchina
10-15-2009, 05:46 AM
I've had these pair of soft black capris that I wear around the house all the time. I'm noticing now that they're so loose I'm having a hard time pulling the drawstring tight enough...yay.

Also starting to feel the collarbones more.

thistoo
10-15-2009, 11:55 AM
I just bought this skirt I'm wearing a few weeks ago. It's a size 8. It's already getting to the point where I won't be able to wear it much longer because it's way too loose in the waist. Super-cute skirt, so it's a bummer, but you will not catch me complaining!

Also, it's finally getting cooler here in the south, and I've been wearing tights like crazy. At my heaviest the thought of tights made me want to cry just imagining the struggle to get them up after peeing, let alone the chafing. Nowadays I find them incredibly comfortable. It's fantastic.

Tibouchina
10-15-2009, 03:38 PM
I randomly tried on some olive cargo pants I've had for a long time that are a 16W, and I was able to put them on and zip them up! Way way too tight and won't really wear them yet, but the fact that I can even get them on....yay

srr728
10-16-2009, 02:41 AM
I try to have a NSV every day, and today at work there were 6 boxes of donuts and all i did was smell them ;) i stayed on plan and normally i would have eaten at lease three of them in 12 hours no prob.

starfishkitty
10-16-2009, 09:19 AM
I am 1 pound away from my right out of middle school weight!

that.is.CRAZY.

:broc:

FitGirlyGirl
10-16-2009, 11:46 AM
My husband is air force. There was a blood drive on base yesterday. When I went to donate the girl checking people in asked if I was active duty. Apparently I looked small enough to her that I could be active duty. WooHoo! Hubby has been telling me lately that I am little enough for that, but now someone else thought it.

Loving Me
10-16-2009, 01:05 PM
I have been ill this week with a bad head cold. I've craved junk food ALL week and have been SO hungry. I've had a couple of treats but they were measured ones and I didn't let them turn into a binge like I would have in the past.
I've been so fixated since starting on this journey that all conditions had to remain perfect, food, exercise etc, but this week has taught me that illness, holidays, celebrations etc will happen, and they don't have to mean the end of the journey. They may delay me reaching goal a little, but they are part of life and I'm doing this to improve my life as a whole.

thistoo
10-16-2009, 02:27 PM
I had my first date in ages last night and I didn't spend the entire time thinking about my weight or how I looked. (Okay, I thought about what the humidity was doing to my stupid hair, but that's it.) We've been friends for a couple years now so he's seen me lose most of my weight, which makes it easier in some ways and harder in others. But he's lost about 60 pounds in the past year too, so it's kind of cool that we can talk about that as well.

Anyway, I am sleep-deprived and making zero sense, but my NSV is that I finally feel confident enough to believe that I deserve to be happy. That was my goal all along, so even if I don't lose another ounce I am pretty satisfied.

FitGirlyGirl
10-16-2009, 02:59 PM
I can do level 10 (maximum) resistance on my elliptical. I can only do 1 minute of it at a time before having to lower it, but I CAN do it. When I first started on my elliptical (in July) I couldn't do 5 minutes on the lowest level. I was seriosuly amazed when I managed 10 minutes straight on level 1. Now I do 30 minutes total at the least (I've gone as long as 45), I can do the highest level, and most of more than 1/2 my time on there is spent at level 2 or more. The human body is amazing.

KateRN
10-16-2009, 03:15 PM
I can do level 10 (maximum) resistance on my elliptical. I can only do 1 minute of it at a time before having to lower it, but I CAN do it. When I first started on my elliptical (in July) I couldn't do 5 minutes on the lowest level. I was seriosuly amazed when I managed 10 minutes straight on level 1. Now I do 30 minutes total at the least (I've gone as long as 45), I can do the highest level, and most of more than 1/2 my time on there is spent at level 2 or more. The human body is amazing.

Major congrats!!!!! The best I've been ever able to do is 35 minutes on level 1 or 2 or "random hill" setting on level 1 for 20 minutes. You are sssoooo right - the human body IS amazing. You are a great inspiration for me!

emilydreaming
10-16-2009, 07:43 PM
I went shopping for new jeans today and am now a size 24, instead of a 26! I went to two different stores and tried on seven different pairs - they all fit. Thank goodness!

LookingForMeAgain
10-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Well I have NOT ate out in 2 weeks not at all not even a nibble. And for me thats a huge NSV because I use to eat out every day and sometimes more than once a day. I decided to post here bc I had a teeny set back today and I realized dont beat yourself up over going over your calories by a few hundred calories when you havent ate out in 2 weeks and have been watching your intake thats a huge accomplishment IMO!!

Jo Kittibuck
10-17-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm trying to wean myself off diet coke. So today I didn't have any, where usually I have 4-5 glasses. And I am CRANKY. Got a headache, got a temper, and got a terrible, terrible urge to say "forget the diet, I want ice cream".

And yet, I'm still here at home, not running to the store. The past few months have trained a tiny bit of self control into me, where before there was none.

Woohoo! And also, rrr, my head hurts. But still woohoo.

thistoo
10-17-2009, 11:11 AM
I sprinted faster than I ever have before at the end of my workout this morning. Only for 30 seconds, and only 8 mph, but it felt really incredible.

Related to that, I looked at my butt in workout pants in the mirror this morning (never a fun thing for me) and for the first time ever, I saw a normal-sized derriere there. Sure, in jeans or dress pants I look fine, but workout pants tell no lies, you know? So that was a nice boost.

time2lose
10-17-2009, 10:40 PM
I am visiting with my parents this weekend and I have managed to stay on plan today.

ubergirl
10-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Shopping NSVs today.

Went out with jeans, shirt tucked in and belt-- hubby and kids noticed and commented that I looked great!

Decided to invest in a second belt-- the 1x/2x was TOO BIG. I had to get an XL.

Bought a cute blazer in a size 20... (I haven't worn below a 24 in years!)

I'm still in the plus size stores, but I was amazed at how many more choices I had. Lots of things looked good. I wasn't stuck with the stuff that fit.

starfishkitty
10-17-2009, 11:40 PM
2 NSV's for me today....

1) Today was a family dinner night, one I'd been planning on for two weeks. I was good for the past two weeks, not going off plan much at any point, just so I could have this "off night" with the family. I drove the half an hour to pick up my brother as we'd planned & came back and made the uber awesome Mexican food we grew up with (and contributed to my weight gain)... you know, rice, greasy beef on corn tortillas, etc... and after 2 1/2 servings of rice, and two tostadas, I was beyond stuffed and content. I used to be able to put away 3x that! In fact, my 105lb, 80 year old grandmother had FOUR tostadas and 2 servings of rice! :lol:

2) My brother, who hadn't seen me in over five months, gave me a disapproving look at the dinner table and told me that I'm "too small" now. :lol: When I replied, "Yeah, right, have you SEEN my stomach and butt?!" and he was like "Um, YEAH, I had to look at it when you were going up the stairs in front of me!!!" :rofl: I know its cos he's just not used to me being so "small".... I mean c'mon, his girlfriend is half my size.... but yeesh! Just can't please anyone!!! :lol: I'm happy though. :)

DCHound
10-18-2009, 08:44 PM
My grandmother gave me a lovely antique silver bracelet when I was in high school...I tried it on today. This is the first time it's ever fit. Ever. My wrists are smaller than they've ever been before. I have to admit I broke down and cried. It's a good day.

Elladorine
10-18-2009, 08:56 PM
I saw in the mirror last night that my stomach is noticeably smaller. This is the first real change I've been able to see with these last 25 pounds!!! :carrot:

Onederchic
10-19-2009, 02:39 AM
Grats all!

of course, my NSV for this month is here - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/184461-my-sorta-kinda-nsv-picture.html

(I am such the attention whore :o :p )

thistoo
10-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Oh yay, DCHound, that is awesome! I come from tiny stock with tiny wrists myself, so I know just how you felt. :)

DCHound
10-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks, I come from massive stock with massive wrists, although grandmother was tiny. This must have been waaaay too big for her. But hey, it's a normal size like you would buy in any jewelry store. For years my mother always ordered jewelry off QVC for presents for my sister and myself because QVC has extended sizes...now all those giant rings and bracelets are too big!

time2lose
10-20-2009, 08:25 AM
I went to visit my parents this weekend which meant 8 hours in the car on Friday and again on Monday. This always causes edema in my legs. This morning I decided to go ahead and weigh even though my legs are still visibly swollen. I expected a temporary weight gain from fluid but, to my surprise, my weight was 212. This means I should have whoose in a couple of days!!

I don't have the tools at my parents that I have at home but I think that I stayed on plan all weekend. At least I know that I avoided all junk and ate healthy food.

thistoo
10-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Okay, so lately I've been going on about how I'm head over heels for this guy I just started seeing. Well, last night he informed me that he isn't sure that he wants to pursue things between us, and I was left feeling very much like it is not going to work out.

So that sucks. I am heartbroken, sure, but my immediate reaction was NOT to eat everything in sight. In fact, I am less interested in food now than when my stomach was constantly full of butterflies. I am still making sure I get my calories in, but all I want to do is run, because it's the only thing that clears my head for awhile.

This is the first time in my life I've dealt with my disappointment by feeling it and moving on instead of stuffing it down with food. It feels pretty good to be so strong, even if he can't see what he's giving up.

salsa chip
10-21-2009, 03:07 PM
:hug:

I'm sorry to hear that; we could all tell how excited you were!

But BRAVO for not turning to food to drown (or bury) your sorrows :hug:

DCHound
10-21-2009, 04:26 PM
I just got a Catherine's flyer in the mail. I've been too small for Catherine's clothes for several months now, but out of curiosity I turned to the lingerie section to see their bra sizes.

They only go down to 40A.

I'm 38DD.

That means, I am officially too small to shop for ANYTHING at Catherine's. When I started this journey, I was too large to shop at Lane Bryant, I could ONLY shop at Catherine's. It's been 14 months...and I can't shop there anymore. For anything. This is kind of surreal. Guess I won't be paying that membership fee for there anymore!

Next stop, too small for Lane Bryant! :carrot:

thistoo
10-21-2009, 04:58 PM
:hug:

I'm sorry to hear that; we could all tell how excited you were!

But BRAVO for not turning to food to drown (or bury) your sorrows :hug:

Thanks. Yeah, I feel kind of stupid about it and it was a pretty hard blow to both my ego and my heart, but it is nice to have the self-confidence to know that it's *his* problem, not mine. Because I am a pretty good catch, and it's taken a long time for me to get to a place where I can feel that way about myself. So if he doesn't see that, it's his loss.

Which is another NSV all on its own, I suppose. :)

FitGirlyGirl
10-22-2009, 10:59 AM
thistoo - I am not going to tell you that I'm sorry, because I'm not. You are right that it's his loss and his problem. You are also right that confidence is a good NSV. I'm not sorry because now you will be free to find a guy who does see what a catch you are. Good for you for not turning to food when it upset you and extra bonus points for turning to exercise instead.

Loving Me
10-22-2009, 12:21 PM
I decided to go someplace other than Evans today, which is the only place I've been able to shop for clothes in the UK for a LONG time. Evans charges an extortionate amount for their clothes because they know they have a captive audience.
I still had to shop in the plus size section, but I got 2 tops, one a size 24 and one a size 22 both for 17bp!!!! I was a size 26/28 when I started my journey just under 3 months ago. So being able to shop somewhere else and to have down in size so much is amazing to me.

thistoo
10-22-2009, 03:36 PM
thistoo - I am not going to tell you that I'm sorry, because I'm not. You are right that it's his loss and his problem. You are also right that confidence is a good NSV. I'm not sorry because now you will be free to find a guy who does see what a catch you are. Good for you for not turning to food when it upset you and extra bonus points for turning to exercise instead.

Thank you! You are perfectly right, of course. (That's not to say I didn't hide out at my sister's house yesterday and cry, because I did. But then I got on her treadmill.)

Here's something funny; the guy in question asked me out for lunch today. Just lunch, no big talks or anything. So maybe it's not as over as previously suspected, but I am treading very carefully. I mean, I am still attracted to him and if we move slowly and things don't work out that will still suck, but I'm pretty glad to have the self-confidence to know that it's not me, it's him.

So today's NSV is I guess the same as yesterday's. I had lunch with a guy who maybe doesn't even deserve me, and I didn't act all weird or freak out about what it meant or anything. And come to think of it, I ate food in front of him, which is something that used to be really hard for me to do. Eating in front of other people, that is. As though they couldn't tell by my weight that I ate. :rolleyes:

girlonfire
10-23-2009, 05:17 AM
I have no access to a gym in Paris(crazy expensive), so I've been jogging and walking outside in the lovely Parc Monceau. Unfortunately, it's rainy season right now. Just having recovered from a respiratory infection, I don't want to exercise in the rain and cold.

Does that mean I didn't exercise? Heck no! I put on my crappiest dance music and bounced around my room like a maniac for 45 minutes, and then did some resistance band and ab exercises.

FitGirlyGirl
10-23-2009, 02:48 PM
And come to think of it, I ate food in front of him, which is something that used to be really hard for me to do. Eating in front of other people, that is. As though they couldn't tell by my weight that I ate. :rolleyes:

I used to have this issue too. Also, whenever there would be dinner or whatever with the family of someone I was dating/married to (or sometimes even just friends) the person I was with always had to fix my plate for me. I could not bring myself to do it. They always knew not to put very much on my plate at all and then I would usually end up in some drive through afterward. Thank you for reminding me of that and making me notice that I don't do this anymore. I can eat in front of anyone now and I fix my own plate. I even discuss food and what I eat with cashiers when grocery shopping. There is one in particular who is now getting advice from me about how to eat healthier because she was inspired by the interesting things I was buying and by my explaining what I did with them (like subbing plain yogurt for sooo many things).

Lyn2007
10-23-2009, 02:58 PM
I was sitting on the floor today playing with my daughter when I noticed my legs in jeans look a lot better. Not as huge. They feel better too.

And come to think of it, sitting on the floor to play is also a NSV. I am sure many of you know EXACTLY what I mean.

ubergirl
10-23-2009, 03:12 PM
The phone rang and I popped off the sofa to get it..

That's when I noticed that I POPPED...!

When my weight was getting toward the high end, I had to get off the sofa in a two part move-- first scoot forward, then stand.

No more.

Now, I pop.

thistoo
10-23-2009, 03:56 PM
One of my coworkers told me this morning that I am her 'guru' now when it comes to fitness/healthy living. She requested that we have lunch together next week so she can pick my brain about her diet. That was a big boost on a morning when I really needed it.

garnetrising
10-24-2009, 12:11 AM
I drank half my weight in water today. I'm psyched. I used to drink a lot of water. I fell out of the habit... Now, I'm falling back into the habit. And loving it. ^^

I also finished day 2 of the 30DS. It makes me happy.

OH! And I find myself sitting up straighter! It's weird to be driving along and realize that my back is actually straight, not slouched.

salsa chip
10-25-2009, 08:10 AM
My calves are getting smaller, I think. I bought some knee-high socks and am used to them being uncomfortably tight when I first pull them on. But just now I pulled on a new pair and...well, I just pulled them on. The elastic at the top isn't tight, just snug enough to keep my socks up. Woo! :)

thistoo
10-25-2009, 10:42 AM
I do not feel congratulations are in order for me recently, especially regarding my diet, but I post this in the hope that it will remind me of all the hard work I've done and why it's not worth throwing it away by drinking too much beer, basically.

Anyway, my NSV: Yesterday I took a friend to the local thrift store, because it's tricky to find if you don't know where to look. Every time I go in there I clean up, mostly because I live in a wealthy area (though I am not wealthy myself) so a lot of the clothes there are NICE. It's the only place I will ever be able to afford Ann Taylor clothes, that's for sure!

So yesterday I picked up a size 6 Banana Republic skirt. It's a really cute navy a-line with a light blue pinstripe. I am currently wearing a size 10P Banana Republic pant, so I figured the skirt would go in the 'to wear when I lose another 10 pounds' section of my closet. But you know, I tried it on this morning and it actually fits! Skirts are so forgiving; I really love them.

Now I have to go find a sweater to wear with it. I love shopping now! Another NSV there, though not so much a wallet victory, of course.

Lyn2007
10-27-2009, 12:35 PM
I got some bad news yesterday and did not use food to feel better. And I am not using food today either.

kasmin
10-28-2009, 06:59 AM
By a freak of scheduling, I ate all my calorie allowance by 1 pm. It's the evening now and I haven't wanted more:D I think I'm getting used to a caloric intake of normal person:D:D

momof5k
10-28-2009, 08:39 AM
I bought a pair of size 11 jeans yesterday!!

ANewCreation
10-28-2009, 04:13 PM
I went to a work related luncheon with my husband today. I did not over eat, as a matter of fact I shared half of my entree with my husband and ate all of his vegetables! Had two bites of cheesecake---that's it!

I'm beginning to fill confident that I am going to be able to make it through the upcoming holidays!

ladyrider72472
10-28-2009, 04:48 PM
I am able to wear my oldest son's actual ARMY PT shirt...... before I could not have gotten into it to save my life! But, now I wear it to my boot camp fitness workout..... kinda gives me a push.

Lyn2007
10-28-2009, 07:24 PM
I wore a pair of 18 jeans this morning! I am bloated from PMS and had to change after about 4 hours but hey, I got them on and they fit...

Judy Lynn
10-28-2009, 08:55 PM
A co-worker brought Costco muffins to work today to share and I did not indulge. At nearly 700 calories for one of those suckers I am really glad I abstained. She is skinny, BTW.

thistoo
10-29-2009, 11:34 AM
It's always been my secret dream to walk into Ann Taylor and be able to buy something without feeling like everyone in the place is staring at me. Well, I'm not at goal so I haven't started saving up for a dress or anything, but I do shop at the local 'rich lady' thrift store (aka the place where the rich ladies in town donate their clothes), and there is a lot of Ann Taylor to be had there.

Today I am rocking a size 8 Ann Taylor blouse. And it only cost $8.49! It is a pretty awesome feeling.

momof5k
10-29-2009, 03:44 PM
I know this is sort of still scale related but...

I weigh less than my husband!! For the first time since our first child was born (15 years ago!)

Essa415
10-30-2009, 09:27 AM
I went Halloween costume shopping last night and found the cutest costume but it was a misses one size fits most. I tried it on anyways and it fit like a glove and was very flattering :) Made me very Happy!

thistoo
10-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Essa, that is ADORABLE on you. Great choice!

My NSV today is that a total stranger asked me for my number yesterday. He struck up a conversation with me at work (I work in a public library, so I get that a lot, but it's usually about books), and it took me a couple minutes to realize he was chatting me up rather than asking for help.

I am so out of practice! It was nice, though.

FitGirlyGirl
10-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Essa - adorable! I was Little Red a few years back. Hubby, who was not hubby yet then, was the wolf. I had to make my costume since I was still a 20 then.
thistoo - see girl - plenty of fish! So? did he get the digits or no?

My NSV is that yesterday I ran at 8mph. I did my C25K and then decided to do a few sprints (I do this on some C25Kdays). I did 2 30 second sprints at 7.2 and then 1 somewhere between 30 and 40 seconds at 8mph! It is very hard to keep track of the time when you are running that fast. I was even getting some looks of respect from some of the guys in the gym (some were combo respect and shock and some looked like pure respect), and we're talking about a military base gym, so respect from these guys is hard earned, but some of them have seen me in there before and have watched me improve and shrink. I even did this even though I had to go to the gym alone (hubby usually goes with me) and I have some social anxiety disorder issues. I was completely amazed with myself. I walked out of that gym feeling like I could take on the world, even if I was dripping sweat everywhere.

thistoo
10-30-2009, 03:15 PM
thistoo - see girl - plenty of fish! So? did he get the digits or no?

He did. So we'll see what happens with that. :)

Also, congratulations on the 8mph sprints! I have recently pushed myself to that speed for sprints as well (and I've had anxiety attacks at the gym before) so I know exactly how great it feels.

momof5k
10-30-2009, 03:25 PM
FitGirlyGirl: WOW!! 8mph is awesome!!

FitGirlyGirl
10-31-2009, 04:25 PM
I had an awesome NSV today. I was at the gym, on the treadmill doing my C25K and then some sprints and some hills. There was this tiny little female person who was one of those, kwim. She kept giving me these looks. She wasn’t bothering me though, I could not care less. There was also a guy in the gym who has been in the gym same time as me a few times over the last several months though and apparently she bothered him because he walked over to her bike and (in a very quiet, but very angry voice) went off on her. She was stunned and was telling him sorry, and he told her she needed to tell me, not him, so she did. I told him thank you and he said “no problem, you’re doin good mama, doin good”. I almost cried and now I‘m almost crying again typing it out.

momof5k
10-31-2009, 05:17 PM
Oh my! What a great guy! Some mother somewhere must be very proud of him :)

FitGirlyGirl
10-31-2009, 08:49 PM
I truly hope she is and that she tells him frequently.