General chatter - Halloween is coming!

View Full Version : Halloween is coming!

lizziep
10-05-2009, 03:40 AM
What's your favorite horror movie? :sklol:

jules1216
10-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I know it's not a horror movie, but the old movie channels usually play Arsenic and Old Lace with Cary Grant...it's so funny..I also like all the ..."Abbott and Costello Meet the....mummy, werewolf etc...

Civakas
10-05-2009, 07:14 PM
The Descent. I annoy my boyfriend because I bug him to watch it and then end up hiding behind a pillow the whole time.

Marms
10-05-2009, 07:25 PM
The Shining.

lizziep
10-06-2009, 01:06 PM
i love arsenic and old lace!!!

and the descent is actually my favorite horror movie as well.

Feral
10-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Hands down The Shining.

I hate new horror movies because they're all dumb, however I do like disturbing movies. Top of that last would be House of 1000 Corpses and The Devils Rejects. I hated Rob Zombies Halloween movie.

Ohhhh and I have to add in that I absolutely will NOT watch It. That movies is too much for me. HAHA. And I remember watching Candy Man when I was in 3rd grade and wouldn't go into the bathroom without the lights on first for about 6 months.

Jacquie668
10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
What's your favorite horror movie? :sklol:

Too many to mention a complete list, but a few of my favs:

- Night of the Living Dead (original and remake, not the 3D remake)
- Dawn of the Dead (original yay blue zombies, and remake)
- Shawn of the Dead (brilliant)
- Bio Zombies (awesomely Asian zombie action)
- 28 Days Later (not a zombie film, but great and zombielike)
- The Shinning (movie not the SciFi version)
- Poltergeist
- Ju-on (the original)
- The Ring (i like the remake better than the original)
- Halloween (the original)
- Halloween 2 (the original)
- The Fog (original)
- American Werewolf in London (intense, always gets me)
- The Howling (really good and intense)

I could go on and on, but I"ll spare you that... I don't have one fav, just lots of movies I love. I'm really into horror if you can't tell. ;)

SweetScrumptious
10-06-2009, 02:30 PM
House of 1000 Corpses!!!

...and for the cheesey Halloween flicks - Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

cheerios
10-15-2009, 03:50 AM
Resident Evil =)

TIARA
10-15-2009, 04:20 AM
dead silence... just the thought of dolls coming to life freaks me out lol but the weird thing is i was never afraid of chucky lol

blueberry3
10-15-2009, 09:28 AM
I like The Shinning also The Orphanage was really scary!

lizziep
10-15-2009, 11:28 AM
oh man i don't do dolls and i don't do clowns - period. not in a comedy or a horror- i could most definitely not handle a scary doll movie. shudder!

oh i forgot I wanted to see The Orphanage.
Oh Resident Evil was good- though I think that was more about watching a certain actress in this house... lol.

Halloween side note- got my pumpkin last night! can't wait for a batch of roasted seeds and he's turning into cthuhlu this year!!

cinderpa
10-15-2009, 11:37 AM
One of my favorites is The Haunting. A b&w movie that came out when I was only 3 years old (1963). I remember watching it when I was a young tater tot. It was about a group of people investigating a place called Hill House. Even tho it is an old movie it is still pretty scary. I think they did a remake but the original is still the best. Also The Shining is still about the best scary movie ever made.