100 lb. Club - 100 lb Accountability 5 - 11 October

nicolen
10-05-2009, 03:13 AM
Do you need accountability? A place to post your menu or your plan for the day? Please post here. Everyone is welcome.

nicolen
10-05-2009, 03:19 AM
Hi lovelies!

How are we all? Me, I'm Ok. Still coughing like anything and I had the joy of going back to work and listening to all the I told you so's. Fun.

Anyway, it was a very quiet weekend - my parents came over and we did a bit of shopping. I bought some more plants and a couple of tops. I bought some lettuces, peppers and some herbs. The herbs and peppers are doing quite well, but the lettuces don't look that great. I'll see how they go. I also dropped my ring off to be resized. It's been very loose for a few weeks and I thought it was time to do something before I lost it and it had to be resized down 2 sizes! Its funny the little things that you don't even think about - like rings getting too big.

Exercise wise, I haven't done much at all. I made it back to the gym this morning and did some cardio, but it felt like a struggle. I haven't really had a lot of energy, so that hasn't helped. I want some energy back now!

So the menu today was:

B - english muffin and peanut butter

S - muesli bar

S - grapes

L - leftover beef stirfry, kiwifruit

D - 1/2 an antipasto platter - vegies, breads, meats, dips

Have fun everyone!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Good morning, Friends.

Nicolen - I couldn't wear my wedding rings for 2 years. I remember the day I could put them back on. It was marvelous!

I made it through a whole week of staying on-plan. I'm feeling good and the scales are smiling.:) This week, my goal is to add water and exercise to the mix. I'm committing to at least 5 glasses of water and 30 minutes on the treadmill each day.

Have a great on-plan day!

mj5
10-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Good Morning! Only four more days of work, then I am on vacation!!!! YIPPEE!!!

nicolen--Hope that cough goes away soon and that you get your energy back!

Rhonda--That's fantastic! Great job!

I was in a bit of a 'mood' this am....I am wearing jeans today that I never thought I would wear again. Not my 'after' jeans, but not the jeans I would like to be wearing right now. I realized that my mood would certainly not help me stay focused today, so I am letting it go. And starting fresh. I know what I need to do.

Tonight I am going to the gym--I am going to do weights and cardio. I have already started drinking water this morning, so that's a good thing.

Have a great OP day everyone!

lottie63
10-05-2009, 11:28 AM
nicolen-congrats on the ring sizing, also, I woke up with a cold this morning and my tonsils are killing me so I feel ya.

girlygirl-good job!

mj5-you can do it :D I need to get back with my excercise more consistently too.

today:1502

b: pb and j sammich on whole wheat
s: low cal vegan muffin
l: tomato soup with croutons
s: low cal vegan muffin
d: sweet and sour zucchini, sweet potato and seitan

crzymom6
10-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Morning all! Or afternoon I guess.

nicolen** :woohoo: for the ring. I have not worn mine in 7 years.

GirlyGirlSebas**Way to go for staying on plan!!

mj5 Don't lose hope!** You can do it!!

lottie63 ** Feel better soon:(

I'm all excited after last week, I stayed on plan and managed to resist 99% of temptation. I bowl Mondays on a league, and normally eat something fried, and a big 32 oz soda or 2. Today I had a piece of raisin bread. What a rush, I was really nervous, since for me bowling and snacking have gone hand in hand.

I'm also experimenting with peppers, which I have found out I like. I've been eating chicken breast with sauteed peppers. Yum yum!

Slashnl
10-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Hey everyone. Staying on plan and exercising, but the scale wasn't cooperative today. It didn't move. Oh well.

I'm going on vacation, too. I will be off on Friday, and all of next week. Yay! I can't wait. Coming back will be terrible, but that's the way it goes. I hope some work gets done while I'm gone! ha!

nicolen
10-06-2009, 02:55 AM
Hey everyone!

Well, yummy trainer is so not my favourite person at the moment. Very sore and yes, it may be doing me good, but at the moment its all about the pain. I think I'll be crawling around the place tomorrow, and I'm not sure how I'm going to get the rubbish out to the gate.

Apart from that I'm good. I'm not coughing as much as I was, but still pretty tired. Really looking forward to the weekend at the moment - there's a few dramas brewing at work which doesn't help. Nothing too major, but just completely unnecessary stuff to be honest.

So the menu today was:

B - muffin and peanut butter

S - yoghurt and berries

S - muesli bar

L - soup and bread

D - chicken salad sandwich

Rhonda, awesome start! Brilliant!

MJ, how did the gym go?

Crazy, welcome! Awesome job with staying on plan while you were out!

Diane, yay for a holiday! Sounds as if you're going away - where are you off to?

Take care everyone!

Slashnl
10-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi everyone. I didn't do very well yesterday with staying on plan. I'll do better today. I'm getting really excited to go on vacation and I'm having trouble focusing. By the way, we're going elk hunting, so 5 days in the mountains with no phone, no tv, no computer, yay!

Nicolen: Pain is good! Ha!

lottie63
10-06-2009, 01:48 PM
hello ladies! It's actually nice out today so I'm going for a walk.

:)

today: 1460

b: scrambled tofu with veggies (OMG so good!)
l: bbq tofu sammich
s: veggie pita pizza
d: seitan wings with corn on the cob

mj5
10-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone! I was able to do most of my 'regular' routine last night at the gym. My knee is a little sore today, but what else is new, right?! Today will be arms/shoulders and cardio.

lottie--Thanks! What are you doing for exercise these days?
crzy--Thanks! Great job while you were out!!!

Diane--Yippee...vacation! 5 days in the mountains sounds wonderful!

nicolen--So is yummy trainer trying to abuse you all he can before he leaves? Wow. Hope you are feeling ok today! The gym was excellent!

Beverlyjoy--Hope you are having fun w/ your company.

Ok, so today I am wearing jeans that are a size smaller than the ones I had on yesterday (both from Old Navy)...and these fit better. Whatever.

The good news is...the scale is down 2lbs this week! FINALLY! So good to see a loss!

K, gotta get back to work...I have a meeting in an hour that I am SO not ready for....

mj5
10-06-2009, 07:50 PM
I did go to the gym, but I didn't last very long. My knee really hurt--that sharp, ouchie pain. Even one of my 'gym friends' noticed. He asked if maybe I should take the day off. I decided that I probably should leave (which I did). I came home--ice, elevation, pain meds....the 'usual' routine. It feels better now, but it's really stiff. I see the dr in about two weeks. can't wait to hear what he has to say!

lottie63
10-06-2009, 08:06 PM
mj5, I have'nt been! I've been achey and sick. my back is killing me. but tonight I'm giong to attempt the new wii fit plus. shouldn't be too much of a strain.

rakel
10-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi ladies! I'm back! Today wasn't so good, I went about 360 empty calories over due to "snacking for dinner" at a bridal shower... those calories really add up! I think those kinds of situations are ones I struggle with the most - people always bring out the most decadent things too. But, I settled for a small piece of cake and only took a few bites. Tomorrow I'll do better, and it will be easier because I won't have a party to go to ;).

nicolen
10-07-2009, 03:15 AM
Yep, I was sore today. And he's going to put me through torture again. I so want a trainer who's not evil when he goes - but I don't think I'm going to get one. Although I do have to try and work on his musical taste in the next few weeks - he thinks Crazy Frog is good music! I think that might be a lost cause!

Anyway, quiet day today since I don't go to the gym. I'm going to go for a walk in a few minutes - daylight savings has arrived and it's great! Work is a bit messy - had a fairly long meeting this morning over a couple of issues which means I'm a wee bit behind with my work. Not a big deal - we're still fairly quiet, but it's the first day in a long time where I have had to leave more than 2 pieces of work on my desk at the end of the day.

Tomorrow - gym and torture session, work, home. I've got to buy my niece a birthday present at some stage between now and Saturday so I've got to get to the shop before then.

Diane, 5 days in the mountains sound fantastic!

Lottie, how was your walk?

MJ, sharp ouchie pain isn't good! I'm pleased you decided not to work out.

Rakel, how fantastic to see you again! I was thinking about you a few weeks and wondering how you were!

Have fun everyone!

mj5
10-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Good Morning!

lottie--Ooh, be careful!!! Are you feeling any better?

rakel--Welcome back!

nicolen--Enjoy your walk! I'm glad you are getting lots of sunshine...it's starting to get darker much earlier here. Have fun shopping! How old is your neice?

Rhonda--How are you?

My knee feels a bit better today. I am going to try again tonight--don't worry, I'll be careful!

I am in charge of buying snacks for our staff meeting today--we are celebrating some bdays. I am buying healthy stuff, so hopefully everyone will be ok w/ that! (Too bad if they aren't)...I am getting a fruit tray and yogurt.

I have joined our Wellness Committee at work--our first meeting is tomorrow. I can't wait! I'll share any tidbits of info that I learn!

I have also been asked to attend a conference in November--it's for four days at a fancy resort. I was supposed to go last year, but we didn't end up sending anyone. The three people I am going with are all trying to eat healthier and exercise, so that will be VERY helpful! We will have access to all of the gyms, etc while we are there. Plus, there are lots of hills--so great walking!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Only two more days of work, then vacation!!!! Not sure what we will do yet....I am getting a mani/pedi/eye brow wax on Saturday, though!

lottie63
10-07-2009, 02:07 PM
I feel much better today. yay.

does this site look funny to anyone today? It's all htmlish.

anyhow! I exercised last night. yay. :) did hte new wii fit plus for 30 mins, its way better than the original wii fit.

today: 1500

b: pb and j sammich on arnolds whole wheat sandwich thin
s: dunno yet
l: taco pizza
d: fettuccine tofu alfredo with cajun seitan

rakel
10-07-2009, 11:55 PM
lottie -- any clue how long they are going to run the $20 special on the wii fit plus? I'd like to get it but my cash flow is not too good right now :P In my opinion one of the major flaws about the original game was not being able to make your own workouts, so I am totally stoked about that.

OK, I am feeling pumped. After church tonight John and I went to the grocery store and I stayed away from junk food, and we bought a lot of veggies + fruit. Now the real challenge: eating them all before they go bad! If I eat the way I should it shouldn't be a problem ;).

This is unheard of, but I actually planned out my food for tomorrow and already put it all into the Daily Plate, and made my lunch so it's ready to go. Here's my plan. My calorie goal is around 1,900, and this comes in just under.

B: Yogurt, Brown sugar & pecan oatmeal (prepared with water)
S: 1/2c concord grapes & 0.5oz almonds
L: Salad with italian mix, broccoli, carrots, red onion, hard boiled egg, turkey, shredded cheese, some croutons and french dressing
S: 100 calorie brownie snack
D: 5-6oz steak with baked sweet potato (prepared in strips, tossed with EVOO and spices), and broccoli (steamed and topped with EVOO, salt, pepper and garlic)
S: 1 medium gala apple

I'm sure there's room for improvement, but the Daily plate says it's about 40% carbs, 18% protein and 40% fat ... so maybe a bit more protein and less fat?

I need to weigh myself tomorrow morning so I can figure out where I'm at (I have no clue!) and start a new ticker... whoo :)

nicolen
10-08-2009, 03:30 AM
Goodness, where is everyone this week? We're a quiet bunch!

Anyway, gym and yummy trainer today and he got creative. I hate it when he gets creative - it can only mean pain for me! It was something called a cobweb which involved multiple reps of various exercises, a couple of which are beyond me because of my hip issues. Not sure if I mentioned it before but I was born with hip dysplasia affecting both hips and because it wasnt picked up, it means there are some things I cant do. Like sit cross legged.

Work and things are going well. Still quiet, but thatll change tomorrow. Winter's sending a last hurrah with a southerly blast which will send snow to low levels tonight. It probably won't snow here, but the hills will almost certainly get a dusting. It's currently raining and the temperature is dropping, so no walk for me, unfortunately.

It's a friend's birthday tomorrow and she's suggested we go out for drinks. I'm going to see how things go - I'm really tired and with still being on antibiotics I cant drink. Maybe I will, maybe not...

Todays menu was:

B - muffin and peanut butter

S - yoghurt and berries

S - muesli bar

L - leftover curry and rice for last night

D - lamb sort of stir fry thing that went a bit strange. Still edible though.

Mj, go you with the snacks. And 4 days in a resort...what I wouldn't give at the moment to do something like that. My niece will be 6 - it's a fun age!

Lottie, yay for feeling better.

Rakel, the menu looks great to start with.

Take care everyone!

Katarina
10-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Today after work I'm going to meet with a personal trainer to set up an exercise plan for me.

Menu today:
Breakfast - 1 c Kashi GoLean Crunch, 1 c blueberries, 1 c skim milk
Snack - 5 prunes, 1 stick cheese
Lunch - 3 oz ginger spicy (skinless boneless) chicken breast, mixed veggies, perogies with onions
Snack - Wheat Thins Fiber crackers
Dinner: Steak, rice, salad

Slashnl
10-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Hi everyone. Just a quick note today. I have a lot to do today before I leave on vacation. I might be posting a little over the next week, but not very much. Most of the time we'll be away from computers.

So, I hope everyone has a great week!

rakel
10-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Well, I weighed in this morning and was rather disappointed, embarrassed, etc... then I saw some pictures people posted up of me recently on Facebook. Man, I know this sounds weird but I had no idea I had gotten so fat. I gained like 40-50lbs in a year. Gah. :( I'm looking forward to fitting into my clothes better.

lottie63
10-08-2009, 01:10 PM
I did about an hour on the wii fit plus last night! even did the 10 minute freestyle run, which was rough and I took 2 breathers but I made it through.

but I woke up with gunk in my throat. augh! :(

b: pb and j sammich on arnolds wheat sandwich thin
l: leftover tofu alfredo cajun seitan (which was TO DIE FOR :) )
s: veggie pita pizza
d: sweet and sour sweet potato/onion/zucchini

SunshineCA
10-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm still here. :) I don't get on as much as before since school and work has begun. Whenever I do, I never have enough time to make it over here. Anyway, hi ya'll! :) Keep up the good work! :)

mj5
10-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone! Things at work are super busy and trying to get ready for vacation....makes for a busy mj! It's ok though, only one more day!!!!

lottie--so glad you are feeling better!

rakel--great job at the grocery store!!! You CAN do this!

nicolen--Ooh, yummy trainer isn't being very nice, is he? I didn't know that about your hips. Does it cause you any pain? I hope not. I know...this resort is awesome too! I have been there before, it is SO nice! I may check out the website and see if I can get a massage. I have never, ever had one before and that would be the perfect place! 6 is a great age! Hope you find a present.

Katarina--Welcome! How di dit go w/ the trainer?

Diane--Good luck getting everything done. Have a fantastic vacation! Can't wait to hear about it!

sunshine--SOunds like you are super busy! So glad you could pop in!

We had our Wellness Committee meeting today. It is going to be a lot of work, but our agency is very much invested in creating a wellness plan. Our executive director is going to find $ in the budget to pay for different programs (ie: exercise classes, smoking cessation, stress management--stuff like that). I am really excited about it.

My staff loved the fruit bday celebration--I bought all kinds and some fat free yogurt dip. I bought pretty plates and toothpicks....everyone thought it was really cool and yummy.

Ok, I really need to go relax w/ an icepack on my knee.

Have a great OP evening!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi Friends,

Just dropping in to update that I'm still on-plan, but the stupid scales are resisting my efforts! I'm just about ready to kick them to the curb. But, I won't use food to make myself feel better this weekend. I must stay busy.
Tomorrow morning, I'm planning a photography session at a nearby waterfall. I just found out that there is a lovely 20 foot waterfall about 10 minutes from my house. This is a well kept secret. Other than church on Sunday, I have no fun plans Maybe I'll re-arrange a few closets and drawers and catch up on my boatload of DVR'd shows. :D

Have a great on-plan weekend!

lottie63
10-09-2009, 03:58 PM
hello ladies! I got a new dress off ebay (for halloween specifically but it's just a dress not a costume so I can wear it out)

and I"m going to the club tonight, gonna wear it, gonna get all dolled up. ;) Can't wait! :) Going with my one diet buddy and another friend and maybe bf.

woohoo!

bustin out the fushia and purple eyeshadow tonight ladies! :P

today:

b: pb and j on whole wheat arnolds thin
l: buffalo "chicken" dip and celery
d: two veggie pita pizzas

mj5
10-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi everyone. I'm pretty sad today. My gm (not the one I have talked about here, but my dad's mom) is not doing well at all, in fact they aren't sure she will make it through the night. She's 96, has been in a nursing home for years and well, not sure how to say it tactfully, but her quality of life has been comprimised greatly for the past few years. I am incredibly sad to know that the end is near, but comforted at the same time. She has lived a great, full life. She had children, grandchildrenden, and even great grandchildren that she has enjoyed over the years. She and I were super close (she is the one who taught me to love to cook).

It's just so hard to think about saying goodbye.

To top it off, my knee is horrible. I didn't get a chance to call the drs office today, but I have plenty of pain meds until I can call. Not that I want to be doped up on pain meds all weekend, but I need to at least take the edge off.

No exercise again today--it hurts to even walk.

I need to make sure I eat--when I am feeling like this I tend to not eat at all, which doesn't do me any good.

If I'm not around for the next few days, don't worry. I will be ok, I'm just sad. Not exactly how I wanted to start my vacation, but that's the way it goes.

Thanks for listening to me whine away....on top of everything, TOM is here--BAD, so I am super emotional anyway.

Bet dh can't wait to come home! LOL!!!

lottie63
10-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Mj5, *hugs*

Beverlyjoy
10-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi chicks... company is gone now. It's been a wild & wonderful week. We had so many folks staying with us...it felt like xmas! (my sister, son, DIL, Grandson, Mom, Stepmom - yikes I was so so busy. I am enjoying the quiet so, so much this morning.

I must get 'back on the wagon' - the alternative is not good. I had my labs done at my doctor's visit. All the numbers were in the normal range except - my triglycerides were way high and my blood sugar is almost prediabetic. I know what I must do.

For today - I'll try to put in place all the things I know will help me.

meditation
stretches and strengthen
lots of water
plan and log food
put fork down between bites
aware eating

breakfast - egg white scramble, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - Italian veggie stew with parm cheese
snack - strawberries, lite cheese
dinner - spaghetti, sauce, parm, salad, garlic toast
snack - sf cocoa, pnb spoon

Have a GREAT day everyone.

lottie63
10-10-2009, 12:48 PM

b: seitan chickpea nuggets
l: veggie pita pizza
s: seitan and veggies
d: dunno, I'm going roller skating and saved myself almost 800 cals for eating out just in case!

Krista
10-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Hi fellow chickies,

Pulled out the wii My Fitness Coach and made a commitment to myself to follow the program. I'm so tired when I get home from work I really push myself just to get dinner ready. Hopefully a 15 min workout 5 times a week will help get me going. I've set a small goal with the coach for 6 lbs in 4 weeks.

mj5
10-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone! Just popping in quick to say HI! I'm doing ok. So far my gm is doing a little bit better. Lots of errands and stuff today. Food wasn't so great, but I'm back on track now.

Beverlyjoy
10-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi chicks...hope things are going well for you! Here are my plans for today:

stretches and strengthening - done!
meditation - done
lots of water
journal food/feelings - calories, fats, carbs, protein
put fork down between bites

breakfast - egg white and salsa scramble, pnb toast, strawberries

lunch - veggie stew with parm cheese, garlic toast

snack - lite cheese, applesauce

dinner - veggie burger with lite cheese, green beans with mushrooms

I'll be back for personals. Have a GREAT day .

snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, skim milk

lottie63
10-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Okay, I haven't lost in a month, I recognize the only thing I'm doing differently is not eating as many complex carbs (or carbs at all) as I was before I went veg. I'm increasing my complex carbs in hopes to jump start some weight loss.

I'm also going to step up my exercise and water. I've been needing to do this but a MONTH and no loss is good motivation.

b: pb and j on whole wheat sandwich thin
l: 2 cups whole wheat pasta and tofu alfredo
s: veggie pita pizza on whole wheat
d: rice and veggie sweet and sour stir fry
s: veggie pita pizza on whole wheat

Krista
10-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Finished my flex workout today and the wii said I went up 3 lbs ??? don't know how that happened and to boot I didn't have my sneakers on! I really have to watch what I am eating at night...my worst time.

I decided to change my goal on the "jiggle away the jingle challenge" from losing 50lbs by Christmas to being 199lbs ***ONDERLAND*** it's a little more realistic at this time being that I was out of commission for awhile.

Also started dinner...roasted chicken and finishing up the laundry.

Have a good night everyone :hug: