Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers#151

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers#151

sami
07-22-2002, 09:50 PM
If you are looking for a great group of Christians who are there for each other in prayer and support this is the support group for you! Everyone is welcome!

sami
07-22-2002, 10:11 PM
There are a lot of people how use to post that I have not seen a post from in a long time and I am still keeping you in prayer and I pray I hear from you again soon. Ginny, Pravda,Patricia,Sister Joann,Zoe Mitchypoo,De,Sue,Bethanna,Jamie,chick 4christ,Monica and Sherry I really miss your rainbow! And going way back Jill and debbiedeb and I know there are others I am forgetting and you are just as important (my mind is going that is why I can't remember names) Please write and let us know how you are doing!

May the Lord Bless and Keep all CE!
Sami

doitforme
07-25-2002, 12:04 AM
I just want to say again thanks for all the prayer and support. He had his bone scan done, the spot on his hip showed on that as well. But the dr's don't believe it is cancer, so they want him to go to sloan kettering for a second opinion. He is doing that as soon as it can be scheduled. Then the decision will be made to either operate again, since the tumor is still in his back, (if they found any other tumors they were not going to operate again, they were only going to treat him with chemo. so, I pray that there are no other tumore. Thanks again, Gary hope you exercised enough for both of us, as I missed curves most of last week camping, but I bet I had more fun camping then at curves anyway. Thanks sami, and wilma, congrats on the loss wilma, keep it up girl, your doing great. Sami, relax you make it, I agree with Gary. Praise God He loves us anyway! Well take care, trust all are enjoying the beautiful summer.

EZMONEY
07-25-2002, 12:27 AM
HI LADIES--
I just got back from shopping at the Costco-- or as my wife and I call it the 300 dollar store (300 if we are real lucky!! we never are-- at least we only have to go every 3 weeks) I think we spend most of our money on water:dizzy: is that nuts or what? We spend at least $30 on bottled water every 2 weeks for the family-- remember when water was almost free out of the tap? At least it's the most important fuel for our bodies.
SUE- Glad to hear some somewhat encouraging news for your Pastor, sounds like you are having a ball camping as usual. It is perfect weather here in California right now for it--too bad I have so much work to do before the new carpet comes in Sept. along with the tile etc. The wife is a painting fool right now-- looks pretty darn good too with all the colors and stencil work she is doing-- she loves it because she has very little masking to do-- doesn't matter if she gets it on the carpet. It is costing me a small fortune for her paint but it keeps her from the mall so it's a toss-up:lol: Actually she is pretty frugal (unless it is something SHE wants:D

EZMONEY
07-25-2002, 12:34 AM
SAMI-- Thanks for remembering all those who have not posted-- I hope they are all well too-- How is your battle going with the wedding dress? Don't worry about the future MIL she probably is not half as nice as you!! Try not to get too caught up in the weight loss that you miss the joy and excitement in the grand day for your daughter-- I know you won't!!:)
Well I better run-- Big Brother is coming on-- Why do I watch that garbage!!! Guess it's the :devil: in me.
Wilma and the rest of you I hope all is well with you and your families. In the LOVE of JESUS-- Gary

Gutchie
07-25-2002, 05:04 PM
HELLO EVERYONE:cool:
I truly don't mean to ignore you folks. Up here in Canada we "love" our short summers. We relish being outdoors!
We spend less time on our computers than in our very Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng winters :)
Weekend see's us at our Lake Erie cottage, reading, sitting talking around camp fires with friends, and lazing on the beach, diet drink/water in hand. My thoughts do however, come your directions. Hoping everyone is doing well?

I've lost 10, gained 2, stayed the same, lost 2 and so on and so on and so on. But, I keep on keeping on.
To change things, I've cut my hair short and changed the colour.
Years of being a red head have now gone the way of back to my own brown, with lots of blonde highlights, enough to confuse folks into thinking its not gray :) The new me, or is it those menopausal mood swings? I am trying to walk more, park the truck farther from the stores we frequent. Alas, I hate exercising! I've decided that a few more pounds from now, like 10 or so, I'm off to Express Fit during those dreary winter months. Its the plan! Weight watchers keeps nagging that exercising works, I'd rather curl up with a book.
This month I'm reading of a city couple who decide to take the Poodle and move to a country farm property, fun. I recall reading a hillarious book years back called, "Helter Shelter" I've never laughed so hard at a book.

We've watched some great movie rentals lately, my "chick flick" week. I am Sam, The Shipping News, and A Walk to Remember.
I recommend them all on those rainy days of summer.

Well off I go to prepare supper, the DS is leaving shortly for a Horse 4-H club meeting. Hugs to you and yours.

In Christian Love,
Sister Joanne (Still here)

P.S. I used to watch Big Brother but the right one never wins, whats with that?)

Leenie
07-25-2002, 05:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

I haven't forgotten about you all, and I'm sorry if I haven't posten in a really long time. My job has taken over my life and the stress is incredible but I'm managing with the Lords help to hang in there. Dispite the stress, I'm doing okay eating, which is a miracle in itself :)

Anyway I just wanted to check in and say HELLO !!!!!!

I had this long post and it dissapeared..poof....so I guess it wasn't ment to be :lol:

Doitforme - My prayers are with you and your family.

Gary, your wife sounds like she's having a ball painting. I love to paint but I have a nervous nelly hand and well lets just say I could never be a surgen...ut ah. Costco and BJ's is such a fun store but your right you can't walk out without spending a small fortune.

Sami, some times we drift but we ALWAYS come back (sound familiar :lol: ). Huggs & prayers to you too.

Gutchie, I feel like a freak admiting this but I hardly watch TV, I just can't stand all the violance and rotteness that is on every one of those 80 channels, its to upsetting. Once in a while I'll watch a movie but not to often. I like silly comedys, they take my mind away from the world. But by the time I sit down at night I'm pooped and its around 8:30 - 9:00 and thats my bed time :lol:

I am reading the Weigh Down Diet right now...been slacking off and I really need to get back to reading it.

Okay folks, have a wonderful night and I hope to say hello again tomorrow, job permitting :lol:

Love, Leens :dizzy:

sami
07-26-2002, 12:15 AM
Hello everyone! It was so good to see some new posts!!!!!! I may just end this week with a 2 lb loss! I just got a new scale and was happy to find out I have lost some weight! I have lost 13lbs!
Leen-So glad you always come back you are missed.

Gutchie-I bet your hair looks great! I was a red head last year and went back to light brown. I also know what you mean about wanting to curl with a book unstead of exercising. But I have to admit I do lose quicker and keep it off longer with exercise.

Doitforme-It sounds like things are going well for your pastor. I will keep him in my prayers. And camping could help you lose weigh if your doing a lot of hiking,swimming ect.....

Ez-I have a house here that could us some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to redo my sons room in racing.

Have a blessed day!
Sami

Leenie
07-26-2002, 10:29 AM
Good Friday Morning All,

Can't stay long, work is calling (shhhhhhhhh :lol: )
I get to leave work at 12:00 today, can't wait. I'll pick up the little bambino (Grace) and head on off to the park or a store, probably the park since its so nice here today in N. NJ. tomorrow is suposed to be sticky and hot again.

Nothing planned for the weekend, same old stuff, cleaning, cooking for next week, etc. Hey if anyone wins the lottery please don't forget me :p I think if I won, i'd hire a personal chef so I wouldn't have to worry about what to eat night after night :lol:
I'd even have him (haaa noticed its a him) make me desert every night...somthing healthy of course ;)

Listen have a wonderful weekend and I'll try to get back in here Monday (if the boss isn't around :D )

Love, Leens

Sausage
07-28-2002, 02:44 PM
Hey everyone!

Don't know if anyone will remember me. I haven't been here for a loooong time! Since spring 2001. It's been a hard road for sure. I was doing so great and looked forward to coming to this site everyday for support and encouragement. My Mom became ill and my Dad got worse and went to be with the Lord last July then I became pregnant in August and now have a new, beautiful 3 month old daughter, Taylor and a 4 year old McKenna.

Now.....I MUST get back into my weight watchers plan and need some support and accountability. Is everything still about the same? Do you still weigh in? Can I come back??:^:

Thanks!!!

Lori (Sausage--hopefully not for long!!)

betty crocker
07-28-2002, 06:34 PM
Hello Everyone:wave:

I've visited the site before but have not posted. Really need some support. I get alot from family and my church, need all I can get. Over the last month my husband has not worked. Pray that he will start his new job tommorrow. Things have been really tight and stressful.

I've lost 36lbs over the last 9 months. Most of it through First Place program. At this time we are on a break and I have'nt kept up my daily bible reading or quiet time. I haven't gained any weight which is good but haven't lost any either. I don't know what is wrong with me, but here lately it seems like I have to do so much snacking. Up until a month ago I controlled it pretty well. I know I can, I just have to make up my mind to do it. I can be very self controlled and have been up til now.

It's nice to have a site that there are other christians to talk with. Thanks for listening, and I will keep you all in my prayers. After all if we christians don't support each other who will. Certainly not people of the world. By for now.

198/162/140:cp:

Gutchie
07-28-2002, 09:49 PM
Happy Lord's Day everyone.
Welcome new comers to a Great group of Christian's!

Our friend has gone to Minister in Kentucky. He has found a bride from the Blue Grass state, the wedding up coming August 10th.
We'd like to send a "gift certificate" as a gift but, unsure as to the big stores of this state, that are also in our country of Canada. Do any of you know the state of Kentucky and the stores of Louisville?

Tomorrow is Weigh in for Dd and myself, I'll report in then.

Hugs from Canada.
Sister Joanne

sami
07-29-2002, 08:54 AM
I am so Happy I just did my WI and I have lost another 4 lbs this week!!!!!!!!! I think I am over that starting hump and I know I will make goal! My goal in to fit into this size 10 dress that I just loved so I bought it to wear to my DD rehearsal dinner on Sept 19th 2003. I am going to look at it often to remind myself how much I love this dress and I will make my goal!

Betty Crocker-Welcome! I hope you post often I find that if I know I am going to post I want to be able to post a weight loss. But even when things are not going well Were here to encourage you and Prayer does change things!

Lori- I am praying things are going well for your husband! I can understand why you are snacking more with the stress of no job. Just take time today and pray about it and we will be praying also. I am going to post every Mon my results for the week does anyone else want to join?

Joann-I know that there is a Target and a Walmart in that area. If you go into the store they have a listing of where there other stores are. And I know you can buy Target gifts or certificates on line at Target.com!

Leens- I will remember you if I ever win but first I have to buy a Ticket LOL!

Wilma,Zoe,Ez , Patricia,and others how are you doing?

wilma12
07-29-2002, 02:02 PM
I'm finally back to normal. I had a great week cooking at camp last week. My feet were really sore at the end of the day but it was so neat to work in a camp atmosphere. I went golfing twice this weekend. It was nice to get out there. So.... I maintained my weight which is great because I ate way more than I should have last week. Now it's back to a schedule at home and eating salads again. My lettuce is ready in the garden and it's so wonderful to have it available.

Sami: CLAP CLAP CLAP!! You're doing awesome. That dress is going to hang on you!!

Betty: Good to see you back here! You've been doing great with your weight loss. We're here for you!

Lori: Welcome Back! You've had a roller coaster year. We're here for you too for support. I weigh in every Sunday morning and report the loss(gain) here so feel free to report when you have your weigh in.

Leens: A personal chef-wouldn't that be great!! Our families have one - why can't we! :lol:

To the rest of you: Have a wonderful day and don't forget to post here. We miss you when you don't!

betty crocker
07-29-2002, 04:09 PM
Good Afternoon everyone

Hope everyones having a good day.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I knew that I could find support among other christians.

My attitude is getting better. I know I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. He will not put upon me more than I can bear. He will also provide for me a way out of my temptations if I will just ask and look for it. I need only to stay focused on Him.

Way to go Sami. Keep up the good work and you'll be in that dress before you know it.

Gotta run my 5 year old thinks it's time for a snack. At least it's fruit.

EZMONEY
07-29-2002, 07:25 PM
HI EVERYONE-- Glad to see some posts from the old-timers and new kids;) I am doing pretty good-- have not had any time to exercise since last week with all the work I am doing on the house after work. I am still burnin' off the cals-slowly, though.
Seems like when I work at home I don't work quite as hard-- I usually don't eat much either.
Had a great day at church yesterday-- I have not been to church (service anyway) for 3 weeks with softball and working on the house-- good to be back. I have had meetings there though so I did remember how to get there:lol:
JOANNE - Glad you are back-- with your hair situation and your love of books, you sound alot like my wife! LEENS- Sorry to hear your job is taking over your life-- stay focused and turn that around-- glad to have you aboard:cool: SAMI- What do you mean redo in racing? Such as in NASCAR? If so go with Bill Elliot or Mark Martin decor-- one for us OLD guys:lol: !! Nah-- kids like the new youg guns like Earnhardt and Johnson. I'M thinkin" size 8 since your going so well-- that future mil is in for trouble tryin' to compete with you girl! LORI- Sorry to hear of your mom and dad, I lost my dad 13 years ago-- he was 54, it is hard I know. Congrats on the baby though!! My BABY is 19 and her bro is 21. BETTY C - Here are some prayers for your husband in his search for work. Don't let the stress take away all you worked hard for-- 36 lbs is great!!

EZMONEY
07-29-2002, 07:29 PM
WILMA- So glad to hear you had a good time camping and golfing.
Hi to all I missed-- Post-Post-Post you LOOOOOOOOSERS[/B
Take care and I will see ya later-- be good to yourselves-- your families need [B]AND WANT you!!!!
IN CHRIST- Gary

doitforme
07-29-2002, 07:49 PM
I want to let you know how things are going with my pastor. He had an mri of his hip last week because the femur showed a spot the Dr. didn't feel was cancer on the pet scan, so they did a cat scan and still didn't think it was cancer, But the MRI says He has 4 more tumors on his femur. He got the report this morning. I haven't been able to talk to him, As Him and his family need time, but I believe the next step is the second oppion at sloan kettering. They want him to see a Dr. that specializes in Melanoma. I appreciate all your prayers, and trust you will continue to keep him and His family in yours. His name is Robert Hermann, Thanks again. Sami fongrats on the 4 lbs. You will get there, Lori sorry to hear about your parents, sounds like to beautiful children. The 4 yr old I am sure keeps ya hopping.Hi to everyone else, EZ, Joanne, wilma, zoe and eveyone else. I am a little depressed with the news about pastor, but also know the Lord knows what He is doing, and is in control. Love and Prayers Sue

betty crocker
07-29-2002, 10:56 PM
Hello everyone:wave:

EZ thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers.
Wilma, I love to camp and go fishing also. We are planing on going this or next weekend.
doitfohrme, I'm sorry about your pastor. I'll keep him in my prayers.

I feel somewhat better today. It's just the wait that gets me. My husband should be working by wednesday. I just have to remember that good things come to those who love the Lord.:love:

bye for now

EZMONEY
07-30-2002, 12:35 AM
Sue-- Again I am so sorry to hear once again sad news for your pastor-- as always, in my prayers. In His PERFECT LOVE- Gary

sami
07-30-2002, 01:18 AM
Sue We are praying for your Pastor. It still sounds like it could come back good. There is a child in our church that gets these tumors sounds a lot alike and they thought it was cancer but it turned out OK. He has had several removed and so far none have been cancer. So I am praying for the same for you Pastor!
Sami

doitforme
07-30-2002, 01:04 PM
Thanks so much for your prayers, I believe there is power in prayer, and that the Lord is in charge. The tumor on his back was positive for melanoma, which is were he had melanoma 5 years ago, the 4 on his femur are now believed to be tumors but have not been tested except by x-ray type stuff pet scan, cat scan, bone scan, all picked it up, but not as cancer, then mri which they said did show it as cancer. I just pray it isn't and that the mri is wrong, and that they can treat the melanoma in his back effectively. Betty I am praying or your husband finding work, and again thanks sami, ez, and betty. for your prayers. I went and worked out at curves this morning, still maintaining, not loosing, but not gaining, I am o.k. with that. I keep trying to be good, at least I have kept what I lost off, Sami you are an inspiration, you will make it! God Bless!:wave:

Gutchie
07-31-2002, 03:10 PM
Cancer is such a scary word. Our thoughts and Prayers go out to your minister.

We're finally getting rain here in Southern Ontario, much needed and we'll try to re-direct it State side where we hear you've a great many forest fires. Our local crops were in grave danger with being so dry, but today, you can almost hear the Corn grow

I gained last week l.4 = depressing.
On the good news front I'm drinking more water and have began lifting some weights, 20 minutes each evening. Is it possible to get rid of arm wings? :)

Hi to each of you!
I hope your enjoying these lazy days of summer?
We country folks are off tomorrow to the city Art Gallery. We're going to get us some "culture". Ds and his friend Maegan are very artistic and we've never been although its but 20 minutes away. Admission is free, can't beat that for a summers outing.
God Bless you and yours -

Sister Joanne

betty crocker
07-31-2002, 06:46 PM
Hello Everyone

Gutchie, the gain maybe the water and muscle gain. You will increase muscle while decreasing fat. Don't be too discouraged.

Keep praying for my husband. The job he thought he had is not working out. They are not holding true to their word. Has a interveiw today with another company.

Well gotta go. I'll get everyones prayer requests in mind. God Bless

Leenie
08-01-2002, 09:37 AM
Good Morning Everyone

I finally get a breather today so I ran here :D

Things are going okay, work is still stressful but I'm trying to stay calm and focus my thought on the Lord. Its amazing how stress can turn you into the very person you despise. I'm just so greatful I have Jesus to turn to.

Betty, where one door closes another opens, somthing good will come your husbands way, keep praying, I'll do the same :)

Joanne, its such a struggle, hang in there, weights will definitly add muscle which might be the weight gain you are experiencing. I remember doing the step machine and gaining weight, got so frustrated I stoped, until my hubby pointed it out to me. The only thing I wanted to see was that # go down. Boy I wish I was that weight again :(

Doitforme, mega prayers coming your way.

Sami, EZ, Sausage (love that name), Wilma, hope you all are having an excellent day and the Son is shining on your face.

Love, Leens :dizzy:

wilma12
08-01-2002, 01:39 PM
Good Morning All! It's finally cooling down a bit here so I am able to get some things done around here. After getting groceries this afternoon I'm going to do some baking. DS has been requesting chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips. I PLAN to stay away from them!!

I've actually been doing quite well with the WOE but I know I need to get out walking which I plan to do tonight.

Betty: you are so right. If we keep our eyes on Jesus all else should fall into place because we're doing His will. I'm praying that your DH will find a job he likes.

Gary: For me keeping busy keeps me from thinking about food. Good job! What kind of work are you doing on your house?

Sue: Thank you for keeping us posted on your pastor. This is a very trying time for you and your church. You will become stronger because of it.

Joanne: You're doing great. It's so easy to become discouraged when you gain but you keep plugging along. Way to go!!

Leens: Hope your day is going well and that you're taking time for yourself.

Have a super day!

Zoe
08-03-2002, 12:36 PM
Hey everyone, I'm finally back. Yes, I've been back from Seattle for 2 or so weeks but wow, it sure takes a lot out of you when you travel from time zone to time zone. With Seattle being 2 weeks earlier, I found out the true meaning of Jet Lag. :dizzy: No excuse really other than the fact that I've done SO, SO, SO bad with my eating half the month of July. I've been OP 100% for the last (almost) 2 weeks. Monday I will weigh and that will be 1 day shy of 2 weeks and I'm hoping for a great loss.

Leens ~ I see you're from northern NJ. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas but I was born and raised in North Jersey. Where are you?

Sue ~ My belated but constant prayers for your pastor.

Betty ~ God will be there, even if it's at the last moment, for your husband. He's like that, being there for us just when we want to give up. Don't let him give up, God will come through.

Sorry not to address everyone. This is my cleaning Saturday and I have to get it in gear. Have a wonderfully blessed weekend. Be back later.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas

EZMONEY
08-03-2002, 11:36 PM
Hi Everyone-- I had a pretty good day working on the house here. We had a new shower unit put in and today I patched the drywall and textured it, ripped out the vanity and purchased a new one-- went to Home Depot with the wife and got a new medicine cabinet that she just HAD to re-paint. We are doing alot before the new carpet and tile.
My board did a play last night at church-- a who-dun-it-- who stole the cookies-- the actors sat in a circle and got their assingments just minutes before it started. We did it around a pot-luck dinner. It could have been a little better but for our first try at it I think it went fairly well-- the actors, 14 of them loved it but the audience had a little bit of a tough time hearing etc. They all loved the food though!!
My daughter has been working at the womens pro tennis tournament here this week, just as she has done for the last 4 years. She has become a pretty good friend with one of the pros in the last few years-- this year the pro took her to dinner!! She had so much fun-- got to drive one of the donated tournament cars and everything-- the girl is from Russia and doesn't drive in the U.S. unless she has to.
Well Zoe glad to have you back-- all the rest of you LOOOOOOOOOOOOOSERS have a great Sunday at church if you go and with your families-- take great care of yourselves- In His Precious Arms- Gary

sami
08-04-2002, 11:27 AM
Blessing to all this morning. I have had a rough week this week at work. But I have been OP all week! I think I will come out with a 1 lb loss. We will see on monday. I am not feeling very well right now I keep having bad attack in my stomach I go see the dr on thur. Last time I went through this I had an infection in my stomach.
Doitforme-How is things going for your pastor? EZ-My family is big race fans! Loons-I hear you when you talk about stress I was so close to walking out this week! Zoe-You have been missed! So glad you are back safe and sound! Joann-Hang in there just remember Satan wants you to give up but we are here praying for you YOU WILL DO THIS! Bettycrocker- How are things going for your dh? you continue to be in our prayers. Wilma-I was thinking about you the other day how you have posted losses often (you really have kept me going) How much have you lost so far?

Blessing to all,
Sami

wilma12
08-04-2002, 05:37 PM
Thanks Sami for your kind words. I really need this board for support. I would have given up a long time ago if it wasn't for all of you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}} I have lost 7 lbs. since the beginning of June. I have approx. 30 more to go and they love me so much they don't want to leave. I'm going to have to use ToughLove to get them to leave. :lol: I am still doing my weight exercises each morning and have committed to getting out to walk regularly again. It feels good to be active.

We going out in a little bit to go jump rocks along the river. The water level is so low that we can jump from rock to rock. It should be good exercise and a fun to do with friends.

Have a super day!

betty crocker
08-04-2002, 11:36 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:

How's everyone this fine Sunday evening. Been gone camping since friday morning. Went to church this evening . I'm in good spirits at this time but sometimes it's like a yoyo up and down. You know what I mean.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. I keep your prayer requests in mind as well.

My husband has found a job. :cp: I pray that they are up front and honest with him. Most of all that it is in God's Will. He is suppose to be working by Wednesday.

OK this is it I've got to get myself motivated to get back on track. I don't know what's wrong with me:devil: . I was so strick on myself for 7 months but having a hard time at this point. Anyone having the same problem?

Will go for now, everyone hang in there one foot in the right direction is progress. Every journey starts with one step :idea:

God Bless All