General Diet Plans and Questions - SUGARBUSTERS SUPPORT THREAD - October

Ellen
10-02-2009, 11:36 PM
This thread is for those who follow Sugarbusters, or other GI plan diets. If you follow this kind of plan, please join us!

"Every journey in life begins with a single hop!" Kermit the Frog

Lets all HOP TO IT!

Ellen
10-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Good morning! I had a quiet evening, and I think I will go get my hair cut this morning. In a minute, I am going to wander down and make some coffee.

I hope some of the SB folks find their way over here...

Toni48
10-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm here I'm here..... Hope I can find this again....

CountryMom4Him
10-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I was hoping we would find a way that would work for everyone. ((Everybody))

Thanks Ellen.

We went to the store today so I have some good and some not so good stuff in the house. We hadn't eaten all day so we had a burger on the way home. What I'm trying to teach myself is just because we broke plan and had a burger doesn't mean that the next meal I eat can't be as close to OP as possible. Sometimes the food will be SB legal and then there will be times I want to break plan. The key I think is balance.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
10-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Today was almost good. LOL Hopefully next week I can get my treadmill fixed and going again. The belt has slid over and Steve needs to fix it. I'm trying to talk him into walking with me. I went grocery shopping Friday and got some wonderful honeycrisp apples. I have three really ripe bananas and I'm thinking of making some whole wheat banana bread with agave to eat.

Crystle- I'm with you about learning because you eat something not right you don't start overeating. I want to be able to have stuff not on sugar busters once in awhile.

Ellen- You're a rock. Thank you so much for leading us the right way. I was so upset. I feel bad about all those recipes going to waste. I need to copy a bunch. Hows the eating going?

Its wonderful fall weather here. I just love it. Hope everyone has a great evening.

CountryMom4Him
10-04-2009, 11:18 AM
It is cloudy again this morning but not quite as cool as yesterday. Several things are starting to pop up in the garden. I'm not sure what's what until it get bigger because I didn't label the rows. Except for the turnips. They were the last thing I put in the other day and the first thing that sprouted so I know where they are. :)

Here is a tip from one of the newsletters I get:

Take A Crack At Good Nutrition
Recent research has uncovered some "eggs-traordinary" findings about eggs. The once frowned upon breakfast food is actually quite nutritious. In the past, eggs got a bad rap for being a cholesterol-rich food. However, the latest research suggests eating whole eggs may actually result in significant improvement in one's blood lipids. Eggs contain a wide array of essential vitamins and minerals and supply high-quality protein, carbohydrates and fat. A single egg provides approximately 5.5 grams of protein. In addition to their wonderful nutritional content, eggs have been shown to aid in weight loss.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Ellen
10-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Hello, everyone! Just a quick note to say hello. Tom just got in from a hiking/camping trip and as soon as he shaves and showers, we need to head off to church.

I had a lazy weekend. I did get my hair cut...getting used to it still. It was past my shoulders and now is about ear level! :)

With Tom gone, I ate so so. I had leftovers, which were fine. I went to a birthday party last night, and ate before I went, intending to skip the food. I thought it would be snacky stuff. It was a catered dinner! :O I ate very little, but all good stuff...so I think I was ok! Thankfully what I ate before I went was not too much...a stir fry chicken and veggies and I did not eat the brown rice. :)

:wave:

Solly
10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Hi Ladies, glad we all found our new home. I'm like Toni, sure hope I can find it again. I added it to my favorties. Lets all get a new resolve to go along with our new home.

I am trying to start with a new resolve today. Even though I have 3 events this week which will be very hard to be OP. I will do my best and if not, at least do some protion control. I did get up and go to the gym this morning.

Crystle, I always said what you said about eating off plan and getting right back on plan is the key. I just wish I could learn it. If you look at overweight people, they normally eat poorly all 3 meals. Thin people eat normal and small amounts and if a situation arises, deals with it and goes right back to their normal eating. I always thought it was a license to continue and start again on Monday. I want to learn to do that. OK promise us that you will stay away from that "bad" stuff you have in the house. Before you eat it, come here and make a post. Then decide if you really want it.

Toni, You really need to get Steve to walk with you. You have such a lovely place to walk. My DH is not a talker and we used to walk every night and even though we didn't talk the entire time, we talked more than when he sits in front of the TV and it was "OUR" time together. I really miss it and hope we can do it again if I ever get this boot off.

Ellen, thanks for finding us a new home. We are creatures of habit you know. Maybe you can show us your new haircut.You were smart to eat before you went to the party. I wish I could do that.

OK better get some work done. I had such a great weekend with my DD and GS. He is actually coming by the office today and I will keep him while she goes to lunch to interview a new employee for their business. I can't wait. Have a great day and let's remember we are all in this together and can help each other.

Ellen
10-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Hello, Ladies! I went to the aquatic center today and tried the water aerobics class they have in the mornings. I enjoyed it! I plan to go back a good deal. They charge residents $2 a class. You can't beat that! For $2 you can go swim all day when the pools are open. I may go water jog some days.

My son started a new job this morning. I am anxious to hear how it went.

I am making a huge batch of tamales for the church's women's retreat. One of the ladies is going to come help me on Wednesday. Tomorrow I am trying out a new recipe for mole sauce to go with it. Fun!

SOLLY: Enjoy the baby!

TONI: Tom and I walk together a good bit on the weekends. Its very nice. I have his undivided attention for a few minutes at least. :)

I think I need a short nap... :wave:

CountryMom4Him
10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Robert made an orange cake with chocolate frosting yesterday and I did indulge in a small piece. It really was small, promise. :) The garden is starting to grow so I"m holding out hope it will get high enough before the really cold weather gets here.

Even though potatoes aren't OP plan I think today's tip is still a good one.

Guiltless Side-Dishes That Won't Destroy Your Diet
Believe it or not, it's easy to eat healthy just about anywhere. The hard part is making the right choices. One way to save big on fat and calories is to learn how to choose healthier sides. Instead of French fries, order a plain baked potato. Add a little ketchup and mustard or some salsa, and you've got yourself a much healthier and lighter alternative. You can also substitute a side salad for any side. Ask for the dressing on the side or order a low-fat dressing, and you'll end up eating more veggies and filling yourself up without filling yourself out.

Ellen...there is no way I could stay out of homemade tamales. :)

Solly...Good luck with all your events this week.

Toni...hope you are feeling better.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
10-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Had to get up super early to go to the dentist. He's an hour away. So I got home and took a big nap after eating a breakfast of two sausage links, 1 egg and a piece of wwheat toast. Snack today was almonds and a sliced apple. I'm getting ready for dinner soon. My tummy is growling and it can feel some chicken coming its way. I'm feeling better everyday. Hopefully Steve will fix my treadmill tomorrow and I can begin walking again.

Ellen- I hope the job works out for your son. Will he have to travel on this one? Tamales sound wonderful. I wish I was there to help so I could learn how to make them. I've heard they're allot of work.

Solly- Now you know you're spoiling that grandson!!!! My favorite thing to do. Steve isn't a talker either but I would love to walk with him. Hopefully soon I can get him going. My gosh I can't believe you've still got that boot on. How much longer? We can do this Solly, we've done it before. I guess just take one meal at a time.

Crystle- Oh boy I hope your garden does well. I like the tips your posting. Is it still pretty warm there? Are you walking anymore with your son. I love fall and dread winter.

Off to fix my chicken. Cooked in a tiny bit of olive oil with Cajun seasoning on it. Maybe some sliced tomatoes and another veggie with it.

CountryMom4Him
10-06-2009, 10:56 AM
I really would like to throw the scales out of the window....gain two pounds one day...gain two pounds the next day. It's unreal. Oh well, we can't let the scales dictate how we are going to do right? I did get a walk in yesterday. The first half by myself and then my son caught up with me. We saw a king snake. At first I thought it was a coral snake but I sang the little song and knew it was safe but I still didn't take any chances and get close. I called my older son out to see it but it ran away before he could.

Today is hot and muggy. It's already warmer this morning than it got yesterday. A front is suppose to come through later in the week and knock us back into the 80's.

Toni...I'm so glad you are feeling better.

((Everybody)) Be healhty, be encouraged and be the best you you can be.

God bless,
Crystle

Ellen
10-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi Ladies! I have finished one batch of tamales. I know corn is not legal on SB, but since I can't have gluten- which is in wheat, spelt, even oatmeal- I have to be able to have something! Rice (brown of course!) is ok, but it raises my blood sugar pretty badly. Corn doesn't. (we are all different!) I made a mole' sauce to put on the tamales, and tried one for lunch. Oh, MY! Heaven!

TONI: This job my son has is in a call center as a help desk person. He is good at it, and has a lot of experience too. So no travel! Tamales are not hard..just time consuming. Can you get the corn husks? I can give you my recipe if you want to try them. Glad you are feeling better!

COUNTRY: I have some seeds started in one of those little peat pot green houses. One set is up...but I don't know if it is the parsley or the spinach! :) Our collards are not doing very well. :( What do you have planted for the fall?

SOLLY: How are you doing?

Off to check on the steamer! :wave:

Toni48
10-06-2009, 03:34 PM
We had a big storm this morning early. Lots of thunder and lighting. Got my lady here cleaning and I'm so glad. The house needed it bad. Eating so far has been good.

Crystle- Sorry the scale is giving you fits.... I can't get on mine to often or I want to scream at it. Thats so good you got a walk. But oh my gosh I do hate those snakes.

Ellen- Oh boy the tamales sound wonderful. I don't blame you for trying them. I think I've seen the husks at super WAl Mart. Thats good James isn't having to travel.

Hey Solly!

THE BIG ORANGE BABE
10-06-2009, 04:53 PM
AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

I see we've moved into the SHACK OUT BACK...I hate this has happened, but I understand why Suzanne had to do it. We used to have the most visited place on the whole board! It's good to still have spot though.

My computer crashed and I had to get a new one. I HATE VISTA!! This programs won't let ME do what I want. It won't save passwords, I can't get into any of my favorite game places. Won't let me download Java...NADA!! I get a free upgrade of Windows 7 at the end of the month and I'm hoping it will solve a few things. I'm such a creature of habit...I hate change!! Those of you who have my email address, please send me a note so I can get your addresses back in my mail box.

Kate is about the same. One day she's perky, next day she sleeps all day.We were supposed to go to the Dr yesterday, but they called and changed the appointment. When she found out that she didn't have to go, she had me at RED LOBSTER when they opened the doors to get her some shrimp! I don't care where I have to go as long as she eats. I made a chicken casserole for tonight and I've got my fingers crossed that she eats. She had three shrimp today for lunch and that was it.
TIPPY is keeping watch on her...usually, she's with me where ever I am in the house, but I know she senses something isn't quite right. Between the Home Health Nurse and myself, we narrowed down the medicine culprit that's taking her appetite. The two meds they started her on to slow her heart rate down do the same thing, but the culprit not only made her not hungry, but the two of them have now slowed the rate too much. I took her off of it over the weekend and am monitoring.

Still not working, but can't even go look with her like this. I love being at home, but am feeling quite tied down.

BOB

Toni48
10-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Dang our pitiful little post could get lost.... Hey Bob glad you're kickin'. I'm so sorry about Kate. I hope she gets better and her appitite picks up.

CountryMom4Him
10-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Good afternoon. So far so good. :) I took the last of the cake to my mom's yesterday so it is OUT of the house.

Ellen...I would love to try and make tamales some time. Robert doesn't eat them so the only draw back is I would..LOL In the garden we have: broccoli, swish chard, curly leaf mustard, collard, carrots, beets, and radishes. I never did find any cabbage plants but it's not too late. The other things are all from seeds. It may be a little late for the broccoli but I'm holding out hope.

Bob...I'm so glad you found the board. I hope everybody finds it before it's too late. I hear you about the vista. My computer went down a couple of months ago and it took a bit for me to find one that was working properly. I'm not sure why you can't save passwords or use Java because mine does both of those things. Praying that Kate wants to eat more and more. Mama lost her desire to eat about six months ago and we are still battling trying to get her to eat. She is one hard headed woman. :)

Toni...I used to hate the snakes but every now and then I get curious. Not enough to touch them but enough to get closer and look.

Solly...How did it go with the little one at work? Britt is 8 days until her due date and she is SO ready. :) So am I. I called Lilly yesterday, she turned four. It's heartbreaking not to have access to her more regularly.

I really liked today's tip. I might actually be able to stop making excuses with this one:

15 Minutes A Day Keeps The Fat Away
It can be hard to find the time to exercise. But without activity, your body, mind and spirit will suffer. There are simple ways to incorporate exercise into your busy schedule, and the best part about it is that all you need is 15 minutes. There's no rule that says you have to work out continuously for 45 minutes or an hour. Breaking up your workouts into 15-minute increments works just as well. Try getting up 15 minutes earlier than normal and go for a walk. Then on your lunch break, save 15 minutes for a walk before you eat. Finally, take 15 minutes to walk around your neighborhood each night before you sit down for dinner. If you'd rather not go outside, then turn up some tunes and walk around your house for 15 minutes. You can even break up a workout DVD for variety.

My youngest is ready for lunch and so am I. I skipped breakfast becaue I just wasn't ready but I sure am now. Ya'll have a super day.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
10-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Good evening.... Just finished a dinner of spraggetti. Slid some grated zucchini in the sauce. To help it be healthier. Eating has been good today.
Sorry I don't have time to post more.

Solly
10-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Hi ladies,

Busy day yesterday. Last night my 2 DD's and I went to see the production of A Chorus Line. We had all seen it when they were young back in the late 80's and were taking dancing lessons. It was fun. I love culture stuff like that. I should have been rich so I could go to all that stuff like the ballet and plays.

The cancer survivor dinner was Tuesday night and that was nice. It is all free and a nice dinenr is provided with some entertainment. It's nice to gather with others that are in the same boat. Our walk is this Saturday and I go to the dr today to see if I can get this boot off for good. I will probably have to wear tennis shoes for a couple weeks, but I guess that is better than this boot. I just want to be able to do the 3 mile walk on Sat.

I am off tomorrow. we have plans to go to Lexington to the race track but they are calling for storms and rain all day. We may skip it and do some things at home.

Eating has been so-so. I have been to the gym 3 mornings this week. I hope to get DH up and there with me tomorrow.

We are taking the baby to a country restuarant On Sunday that is noted for their home cooking (chicken) and dumplings (not to worry there) and they have a pumpkin patch and winery. We will ride out to the pumpkin patch and get him a pumpkin. He should be a fun day.

Toni, glad you are feeling better. Looks like your eating is going good. I guess we will be getting the storms you had yesterday.

Ellen, you are such a good cook. It is amazing to me the things you tackle. Glad James has a new job he likes. Are you still walking in the mornings with your friend?

Crystle, Now stay out of that cake (but it really sounds good). Better be careful on those walks with snakes around. I don't care what kind it is, I don't like them. Don't worry about the scale sometimes, they have a mind o their own.

BOB, glad to hear Kate is some better. I hope it is the meds and you can get it regulated or off all together. 3 shrimp is not much. Not only do nI not like change, I hate computer changes. I am so limited anyway and learning new stuff with one is too much for me.

Guess I had better get going on some real work. I won't be back until Monday. Have a great weekend. :hug:

THE BIG ORANGE BABE
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

The PT person came yesterday to work with Kate and before starting, took her BP and pulse. The heart rate was 42. NOT GOOD!! She worked with her to get it going, but didn't have any luck. She called the Dr and they told her to call 911. Spent the afternoon in the ER before they decided to keep her. Glad they did, her coumadin level was twice what it should have been. The Dr called me this morning and told me that he agreed with me about the heart meds causing the problems. They started her on two that did the same thing when she was in the hospital before and that was to slow her heart rated down. Now it's too low. She's very confused today, but they have started adjusting her meds to get everything where they need to be. FINGERS CROSSED for us!

BOB

Ellen
10-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Hello everyone! I got all the tamales done and did a huge double batch of the mole sauce. Oh, MY is it good! And I think you could make it SB legal with just a little tweaking. The flavor is so intense you only need a little of it as it goes a long way!

I was supposed to go visit a friend of mine who is in town from Florida, but I had so much to do, and she is staying a long way away, I decided not to attempt it. I knew it would drive me totally batty trying to do it within the time frame I had. I have to pick James up from work at 5:30!

BOB: Praying for Kate...and for you! I will email you. James says Windows 7 does solve a lot of Vista's issues. He LOVES it. I hope you do too.

Everyone else, :wave: :grouphug: I need to run!

Ellen
10-08-2009, 03:31 PM
SOLLY: Yes, I am walking most morning, but I started taking a water aerobics class at the new aquatic center near me...I LOVE it. :) They charge $2 a class...can't beat that! I love that you are getting that baby a pumpkin! :)

Toni48
10-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Dang me!!!!! I over ate at breakfast/lunch today. Had some grits. Don't know why but I was just out of control. Watched Dr. Oz today, I love his tv show. Its so full of nutrition stuff. And always has someone on that needs to lose weight with good tips. Its rainy and cool here so I'm having some good green tea with lemon.

Ellen- How wonderful your mole sauce turned out so good. It would be good to can it in pint jars. That's so great you're doing the water aerobics. That sounds like fun. You're such a busy woman....

Bob- So sorry about Kate but good shes getting fixed now. Hope it helps bunches. Shes really had a round. My thoughts are with you....

Solly- Awww that's so sweet getting the baby a pumpkin. Hope you get lots of good pictures. I'm so hopeing you get that dang boot off but sure don't know how you're going to do the walk. Good for you getting to the gym...

Crystle- Hello gal. How ya doing today.

happynow
10-08-2009, 07:43 PM
hi everyone,
just a quick hi, i did find this board without too much trouble, glad i found you all here!
sugars are still on the high side but i am still losing weight, so will see my dr. next week.
weather here in southwest cincinnati is chilly and rainy, hard to get out and walk.
will write more later...

chris

Ellen
10-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Happy Friday afternoon, everyone! I spent the morning running around. I took James to work, then stopped by my daughter and son in law's to kill an hour before Costco opened. I played with Kaeleb, which was fun. I went to Costco and did my shopping, then climbed in the car to go drive across the parking lot to get gas...and nothing. I had left my lights on and the battery was dead! I had to find someone to help me, and he was not too thrilled. But he did it.... So I drove home without getting gas, in hopes that that would be long enough to charge the battery. I ate some lunch and took a brief nap. Now I feel kind of yucky, and out of it, but I have more errands to run, so I am off again. And I must get gas! The tank is about empty.

I am out of my gluten free staples, so lunch was not very good. Just a few slices of cheese, some rice crackers from Costco, a few celery stalks and some macadamia nuts. Tonight I am supposed to go up and visit with a friend who is in town, so I need to plan my dinner soon. Tom has some place to go...and James is off with his girlfriend. I need an energy boost. Not sure how to do that...maybe with a cup of coffee! :)

Have a great weekend everyone! :wave:

Toni48
10-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Made a meat loaf for dinner with green beans and potatoes. Know the potatoes are a no no but had some anyway. For some reason needing comfort food. Of course it was DH's favorite dinner and he was a happy man. Let the day whizz by and got nothing useful done. Yesterday DH ordered a part for my treadmill to get it fixed.

Ellen- Hope you got gas in that car. LOL..... I hate when I leave the lights on. Good for you getting some groceries in.

Chris- Glad you found us. Its so sad we're over here. But glad we have a place.

Crystle- Where are you?

Solly- Hope you're having fun at the pumpkin patch....

CountryMom4Him
10-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Howdy ya'll. We thought we were having the baby but he decided it was a false alarm. :) If you don't hear from me much it's because I'm over at Britt's house so she doesn't have to be alone. The baby is due Wed. and after the last scare when she had to drive herself to the hospital we decided it best if someone was close. I live too far away so I"m just gonna spend the night with her.

Eating has been terrible.

Bob praying for Kate.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Solly
10-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Good morning ladies,

I had to drag myself to work today. I have not been sleeping well. Las nigh had nightmares. My DH had to wake me up. Even though I was tired I made it to the gym. I have decided enough is enough. My skin feels like it will explode. I usually have to hit rock bottom before I get myself back on track, well I think I have found the bottom.

Yesterday was fun getting out in the pumpkin patch and walking around the place. Lots to see and all of it revolves around food and wine. We ate until we popped. The only good thing was they all pigged out on dumplings and I don't like them. More room for cobbler. We all were pretty miserable. We took lots of pictures and had a great family day.

Ellen, People don't seem to like to help others with car trouble any more. I guess people are afraid or just don't want to get involved. Glad you found someone.

Crystle, keep us posted on the baby's arrival. Does Britt know what it is?

Toni, meatloaf in one of our favorites too. Of course, they want mashed potatoes with it and butter beans.

Happy, so glad you found us. Glad that you are losing pretty steady.

Better get off here. Have a great day :hug:

Ellen
10-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Morning! I did not make it to water aerobics. My neighbor started her new job today...but she was going to give me a ride to the pool. She never showed up! That is SO unlike her, so I think she may have been stressing about the new job and just forgot. Good thing, as my friend who I go with that gives me a ride home called me about 10 minutes after I should have left to say she was not going! I would not mind walking, but its raining HEAVILY here. The roof is leaking. Sheesh...will it never end?

Eating has been so so. Not eating gluten has changed my style of eating a good bit. I am trying to stick to whole grains, but it sure is hard. I have a flour substitute recipe I plan to try that has potato starch, tapioca starch and whilte rice flour in it. I am at least going to use brown rice flour in it...and try not to eat too much of it. Brown rice cakes make ok sandwiches, but rice tends to raise my blood sugar more than other grains...Wheat did too. Corn on the other hand, doesn't seem to bother me that much. Weird.

I think I will go make a pot of tea. Its a good morning for sipping tea and reading.

:wave:

Toni48
10-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Boiled a chicken earlier and that's been about all I've done productive today. I made chicken and noodles using whole wheat noodles. It looks so good. Wish I wouldn't have given away my pasta roller now. It was a metal one and worked good. I'll have to keep my eye out for another one at a yard sale.

Solly-That was good you made it to the gym. Boy I hate when I don't sleep good. It just ruins the day. I hope its better tonight. Of all the things could happen my treadmill broke and DH had to order a part.

Ellen- Sorry you missed your water sports but maybe it was a good day to relax. The pot of tea sounds good. I love hot tea on a cool day. In fact I love it everyday.

Crystle- Hope you've got a new grand baby!!

Chris- Hope you're doing okay.

Bob- How Kate doing. Is she out of the hospital yet?

Well off to have dinner.

Solly
10-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi ladies,

I had a killer headache all day yesterday. I fell asleep at 9:30 and ot up and went to bed at 10:00. I woke at 5:20 and decided not to go to the gym. So I slept another hour. I still have a slight headache so I ht the hard coffee this morning. It is so unlike me to have a headache. Probably food/sugar withdrawl. Did good on eating yesterday. One day down and many to go. I will try to make it to the gym tonight if my DD doesn't have to go to Sam's Club to get diapers.

Ellen, things always work in mysterious ways don't they? I can't believe all this rain. I am so afraid it is going to be a bad winter. Enjoy your tea. I just brewed a pot for iced tea later.

Toni, I hope you get the part for your :tread; soon. I could use a lazy day. I am worn out. Can't wait to watch the BL tonight. What I would give for a week with Bob to straighten me out.

Crystle, Any Baby yet?

BOB, keep us posted on Kate. Hope she is improving.

Any others that are missing, come on and post. It helps keep you OP.

Got to get some work done, except I can't print anything until our office supplies come, I am out of yellow ink. Ugh!! Have a great day :hug:

THE BIG ORANGE BABE
10-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Hey Girlfriends!!!

Kate is still in the hospital, but may be able to come home today. She called me yesterday at 9 a.m. and told me she could go, so off I went and when I got there, NO DEAL.....WHen I got back home, I called her Doc and he said he didn't tell her that she could go. So, I'll be waiting from now on until they call me from the hospital to come get her. She's been a little confused, and I think that her thoughts are real to her. The problem is the heart rate and until they get that where it needs to be, I'm afraid she's stuck! She has no pain, doesn't feel bad etc.....but she doesn't understand why. She just wants to get home to see TIPPY....not me.....TIPPY!!!!

Not much else to repot.....Thanks to all of you for keeping her in your prayers!

BOB

CountryMom4Him
10-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Little man is not here yet. :) I'm hoping today the doctor will give her good news. She is SO tired and big. She is normally a tiny little thing. The baby was doing all kinds of flip flops in her belly yesterday. He loves when I talk to him. I wonder what it sounds like in there...haha

((Everybody))

Solly...I hope you fell better soon.

Bob...praying Kate gets to come home soon. I know she hates being out of her home. ((hugss))

Ellen, Toni, Chris..big howdy to ya'll too.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

THE BIG ORANGE BABE
10-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Kate's home.....in her chair fast asleep. The Doc took her off of the two drugs that slowed the heart rate, but added one for dementia.....oh well...at 87 yrs old, we all tend to forget things. She's happy to be home, and I'm happy for her to be here.

I'm off to find something to fix for supper.....maybe roasted chicken legs.

BOB

Toni48
10-13-2009, 11:54 PM
Kind of a quiet day at my house. Had a small bowl of chicken and noodles for dinner, leftover from yesterday. Better get busy tomorrow and get some things done. Have a pile of laundry to tackle.

Solly- Weren't you sad to see Mo go on the BL tonight. I couldn't believe that one girl lost 16 lbs. That was so cool. Hope your headache is gone. Hope its not your blood pressure.

Bob- So glad Kate got to come home. Shes so lucky to have you.

Crystle- Hope you get that baby soon.

Have a good night all....

CountryMom4Him
10-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Yesterday was finally a good eating day. I had a few crackers but other than that I was actually OP. Tomorrow they are going to induce Britt. :)

Sorry I've been lax about sharing tips. Here is a new one:

Do You Know Your Peak Time?
Some of us are early birds, and some of us want to shoot the early birds for being so chipper in the morning. When it comes to exercising, it's important to be aware of your body's natural clock. If you don't like waking up at the crack of dawn, then don't set your goal to go to the gym at 5 a.m. Pick the time when you feel the strongest and most energized to exercise. You will be more likely to stick to your fitness goals.

Bob...I'm so glad you were able to bring Kate home.

Toni...I was sorry to see Mo go but I loved is quality of charecter. My mom and I have different opinions about Tracy. I don't think she is as a bad as she seems. The lady that is out for revenge I find lacks more character.

Hope ya'll are having a super day.

God bless,
Crystle

Solly
10-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Good morning ladies, Got up at 5:00 am and went to the gym. I got in a good 45 minutes of exercise. I was sort of weak-kneed coming home. I was hungry. Having trouble gettin in all my calories for the day. Eating is still OP.

BOb, so glad Kate is home. I know you will take good care of her.

Toni, I hated to see MO go also. I think he was a good motivator and such a good person. I think he would have been good for the team. I don't care for Tracy, but that is what they want you to feel. I guess I am not into the game playing. I want those people to lose their weight more so than win the money. I thought Mo had a great motivating saying, but for the life of me, I can't remember it now. Kate doesn't have anything (dementia) on me.

Crystle, hope all goes well for Britt today. It can be a long process. Saying prayers for all of you. Let us know when he finally arrives.

Supposed to have the big gyno appointment today. Last week they canceled on me. So I have shaved my legs twice in weeks. I sure hope I go today.

Guess I will get off here. It is slow but I have filing to do. Have a great day.

Toni48
10-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Getting my wash done and dinner cooked. Eating has been okay but not great. Its cool and cloudy here.

Solly- Wow you're doing great so far. Getting up that early for the gym. You rock. I know what you mean about Mo. I just want them to lose weight and hate to see someone sent home.

Crystle-I think the lady out for revenge kind of went different when it came for the vote and went with the team. But I'm with your Mom I don't care for Tracy.

Well off to take my shower and finish dinner.

THE BIG ORANGE BABE
10-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Afternoon Ladies,

Waiting on the Home Health people to re-evaluate Kate. Tried to reschedule, but MEDICARE rules and regulations.....48 hr limit from discharge....I'm not feeling well today....threw up first thing (no, not pregnant!!!) and overall just not over the "yuckyness"....tried to eat some Greek yogurt and have managed to finish....

Sorry, gotta go....

BOB

Solly
10-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi Ladies

Just a quickie, almost time to go home.

I may not work tomorrow, so I may not be back here until Monday.

Did not go to the gym this morning it was pouring rain and I was so tired. I plan to clean house tonight and afterwards work out in the basement on my own equipment. Eating is still good.

BOB, hope he evaulation goes well and she is improving daily.

Toni, looks likeyou are getting things accomplished today.

Crystle, BABY????

Ellen: Hope you are having a great day.

See ya later.

THE BIG ORANGE BABE
10-16-2009, 12:03 PM
The Home Health RN didn't get here until after 6p.m.!!! Did a complete eval and eveything will begin again next week.

Today is a sleeping day...I didn't get up until after 10 a.m. and Kate is still asleep. It's a stormy day here on the WEST COAST OF FLA...the temp is dropping and we're glad of that!

I've got to go to the grocery...we are food bare in this house! Any suggestion on what to fix? I was thinking a beef stew and some cornbread!

What's everyone doing this weekend? No plans on this end...TIPPY does have a SPA DAY scheduled tomorrow...she needs a bath so bad...and her nails....ACK!!! needs a good clipping!!!

BOB

Toni48
10-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Good afternoon. Having trouble getting started today and its grocery shopping day so I better get my butt around. We've got a gloomy, damp day here and it makes you want to just stay in and curl up with a good book.

Bob- Wow that RN got there late. Beef stew and cornbread sound wonderful. Wish I had a beef stew bubbling away. I have no idea what to have for dinner. I did make a pot of chicken and noodles last week that was so good. I froze the leftovers.

Solly- Hope you're okay today. And having a good day off.

Crystle- You must have a baby by now... Can't wait to hear.

Okay I'm going to finish my coffee and then get busy.

Toni48
10-17-2009, 11:17 PM
OH my gosh we've fallen a long way. I didn't feel great today so slept in my chair most the afternoon. I'm fine now and drinking a cup of hot apple cider. Its supposed to frost tonight. Hope everyone is having a good week end.

Toni48
10-19-2009, 12:18 AM
A good Sunday here. Think I'll get my flu shot next week. Need to get my butt out of the early and get around. Made leftover meat loaf for dinner. It sure was good. Guess I'm alone in here.............

Solly
10-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Happy Monday

Boy they come around quickly. Had a good weekend. Got to spend 3 days with my grandson so that was the best. Eating was good, not 100% but not as bad as most weekends. The scale was about the same as Friday so I will take that. We had my great nieces birthdays at my house yesterday so I was beat last night, even though I did not have much to do with it. I made a salad and a snack and we ordered pizza and she brought brownies. Just have all those people in your house especially with little ones. I had to mop the floors when they left b/c they were sticky from spilling soft drinks. One of the little ones broke one of my favorite halloween decorations. I may be able to fix it. I was glad to see them leave. That's bad.

Toni, looks like you were alone all weekend. We got our flu shots last week. I was getting concerned with the baby and all. Did you get stocked up on good foods?

BOB, sounds like Kate is doing better. Sounds like grocery shoping for all. Is Tippy all nice and clean and pretty now?

Crystle, Baby yet??????

Ellen, where are you?

Didn't get my lazy arse out of bed to go to the gym. I will work out at home tonight. Plan to make a pot of veggie soup after dinner. Have a great day.

Toni48
10-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Hello ladies. Got my treadmil fixed today. Bless DH! I can start walking on it tomorrow. Made patty melts for dinner and I didn't really like them. Does anybody here play the farmville game on facebook? Got my flu shot today. Its hard to get it around here so many people are getting them this year. I would like to have a swine flu shot but they aren't giving them to the public here yet.

Solly- Hope you get your work out in. I'm happy for you having a good time with Grandson.... Sounds like your party was a wild one. LOL

Well off to go to bed. Hope I sleep better.

Solly
10-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Hi ladies,

I did work out after dinner at home last night. I worked up a sweat so I was happy. Got up this morning and made it to the gym. It was tough. I fell asleep at 7:30 and woke up and ate a popcicle and then went to bed at 9:30. I was just so tired. Still tired today. Eating was good yesterday and should be fine today. I made a crockpot full of veggie soup so that is dinner and many lunches this week.

Has anyone heard of Rob Nevins Skinny Switch plan? I watched the video at the gym this morning and it looks very interesting. You east the foods you like and then on the third day you get a treat to speed up your metabolism.

Toni, so glad you got your :tread: fixed. I expect to hear you have been on it.

Where is everyone? Have a great day.

Toni48
10-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Beautiful day out here. Not much going on. Where is everyone?

Solly- Good thing you're posting. I'd be all alone. Will walk on my treadmill here in just a bit. Just ate and want to have it settle down. I've never heard of that eating plan. I'd like to find more about it. Oh boy the veggie soup sounds wonderful. Wish I had one bubbling away.

Well off I go....

Toni48
10-20-2009, 05:12 PM
I did it I did it I walked on my treadmill......Not to far but I feel good about it....

Ellen
10-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Toni, I play Farmville on Facebook. Are you on there? Did you need neighbors? Send me a friend request!

Ellen
10-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Life has been crazy as usual. The retreat was nice...tiring but nice. It has turned very cold here, and it is doing a number on my knees and joints. I feel SO stiff and sore! I have not been able to walk for almost a week. I missed water aerobics Monday due to a sore throat. I hope I can make it tomorrow. I have been missing exercise! Eating is so so...tonight I had teriyaki chicken (made with wheat free soy sauce and agave) and stir fried broccoli and mushrooms. I passed on the brown rice.

:grouphug:

Toni48
10-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Ellen- Sorry about your legs. That must be so miserable. Your food always sounds so good. We had taco soup. I sent you a pm. I love farmville. And I'm doing facebook...

Solly
10-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Hey guys,
I'm on facebook, send me a friend request b/c I don't have your last names to look for you. I say I am on it, I have a page and don't know what to do on it or how to use it.

Drug myself to the gym. It seems after watching the BL I am motivated. I worked out hard and did squats for 4 minutes. Whew! Now my back is killing me. Eating is still good. Yesterday I was starving all day.

Toni, :cheer: You go girl, I knew you could do it. Let's see 2 days in a row. I was surprised about Dina going home last night. Don't know why everyone picked her. Daniel I understand, even though I want him to stay. I think I would have picked Amanda just b/c she doesn't have that much too lose. The website for that program is skinnyswitch.com

Ellen, I forgot you were on retreat. I know what you mean about your joints hurting when it gets cold. Hope you get some relief.

Got to go log my food. Have a great day.

Toni48
10-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Happy day to you all.... Having a lovely cup of hot green tea with lemon. Its hitting the spot. Having company the first of next week and DH's birthday at the same time. He wants a batch of chicken enchiladas. So I will do that for his dinner and company. I've got to go walk on the treadmill as soon as I finish my tea.

Solly- I tried putting your name in facebook. Try mine my last name is Emery. Going for day two on the treadmill in a few minutes. Woopie. Biggest Loser motivates me too.

Ellen- How are the joints today? Its supposed to rain here and you can smell it in the air here so I'm kind of sore today.

Crystle- What about the baby?????

Bob- Hey gal how are you and Kate?

Toni48
10-21-2009, 07:14 PM
I did it walked on treadmill...... 2 whole days. A small miracle for me. Eating has been good. Maybe not enough food. Oatmeal for breakfast. Taco soup for dinner.

CountryMom4Him
10-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Howdy ya'll. I'm a fluffy old grandma but I am HAPPY. :) Little man got here last Thursday. I've been staying with Britt and just soaking it all in. I"m home for a couple of days and then going back for a few and then I should be back to posting like usual. The baby is healthy and the spitting image of his daddy. His daddy is hispanic so I've been enjoying some wonderful authentic dishes that his other grandma has made and shared. I love her cooking because it's different and she loves mine because it is different..LOL Both of us are good eaters. :) The scales were not nice to me this morning, my fault. Back to better eating. I'm trying really hard to maintain if I can't lose. I know the losing will come.

I haven't had a chance to read back post yet because we are fixing to leave again but I wanted to pop in and say howdy. I"ve missed ya'll.

Ellen...I hope you feel better soon.

Toni and Solly...Huggzzz

I'm no sure how I"m listed on my facebook but I think it's Crystle R. I also have a myspace.

God bless,
Crystle

Solly
10-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi ladies,

Did not get up this morning. I just don't know why I have been so tired the last couple of weeks. I do know my RA has been flaring as last week I could not bend my right wrist and I had a huge bump across my hand. Maybe that is it. Or just getting old.
Eating is good. I confess I did have 1" if a ghost cookie (sugar cookie with icing from the bakery). I resisted all week and finally just had to have a taste. Tonight is cleaning night. Love getting it over with before the weekend.

Crystle. Congratulations Grandma. Aren't they just miracles. I could sit and look at mine for hours. Looking forward to you getting back on here more.

Toni, Good Job! Keep it up. I think I am in the same boat as you, with not eating enough. Just can't find more to eat that is not junk.

Ellen, I will look for you on FB.

Off to do some work. Have a great evening.

Toni48
10-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Hiddy ho neighbor! Eating has been great today. Just had a banana and some almonds for a snack. I also got my third day in on the treadmill. So I'm on a roll. Having a little trouble with late night eating. Just something else to overcome. LOL

Crystle- Congradulations Grandma. Oh those Grandkids are such a blessing. Like icing on the cake of life. Oh boy sounds like you're getting a taste treat. Hurry back to us.

Solly-Wonder what is going on with you girl, being so tired. Did you get your boot off? Hope your hand gets better. It sounds painful. I do great with my eating all day and then late at night I WANT to eat.

Ellen- How do you cook your brown rice for more flavor? I can't help wanting to use butter on it cause its so bland? Good to see you on facebook.

Bob - come here!!!!

Off to go see what I can find for dinner. Wish I had thawed some salmon out.

Solly
10-23-2009, 09:22 AM
Happy Friday and thank goodnes it is finally here. It has been a long week. We are going to a friends house for chili tonigh. Great night for it since it is raining AGAIN and I mean in buckets. It will be a good time. Nice to get together with a bunch of old friends. Tomorrow we get to keep our GS. If it stops raining we will take him trick-or treating down in a business district that is putting it on. Granted he is too little, but if it is nice, it will be good just to get out and walk. Plus, we get to keep him all night. I can't wait to take him to church.

Toni, I sent you a friends request on FB. ot 100% sure it was you so if you don't have one, I guess it wasn't. Yes I got the boot off and am in tennis shoes for 3 weeks. But something is wrong with it. I may have done too much. I go back next Thursday so we will see then. I like to eat at night also so I use SF popcicles and SF fudge pops to satisfy me.

Ellen, I could not find you on face book.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. :hug:

Toni48
10-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Had to run to the store and get stuff for my company. Got a rotissare chicken and shedded the breast for my enchilads on Monday. I'll make my own refried beans out of pinto beans I'll boil up. The next day I'll make a pot of chili. Hope to get most of it done on Sunday. Also want to make up up some pinwheel snacks. Need something for dessert. Also for DH birthday Monday. I didn't walk on my treadmill today. I was to tired after shopping and doing laundry. But I'm proud of what I did this week.

Solly- Hope you have a wonderful week end. And spoil that grandson.... I'm glad you got the boot off and hope you didn't do to much AGAIN....... I never did get the request for the friends. Darn it. I would so like you on my facebook along with Ellen and Crystle too.

Guess I'll go poke around here for a bit. Frost for us tonight.

Ellen
10-25-2009, 12:16 AM
Hello everyone...

I have had grand kids here all day...first Bella from 9 until about 4. Her daddy had to make a call in Auburn Alabama, so I kept her while he did that. What a sweetie she is! So sweet tempered! And easy!

Then my other daughter came with Kaeleb. He is still here while they are out with some friends. He was MAD that they left him and ended up crying himself to sleep on my shoulder.

I am finding it easy to eat gluten free, and it amazes me. I am sure it will be more difficult during the holidays. So far, I have not missed any wheat products that much, as I can find ways around it...like instead of bleu cheese and triscuits, I just use Nuthins. It isn't bad!

TONI: I like my brown rice plain. You might try cooking it with broth instead of water though. That might give it the flavor you want. I do mine in the pressure cooker, and it cooks up in less than 15 minutes. We tend to eat it with Asian dishes, so then a bit of soy sauce is all it needs with the sauce from the dish. (mine is of course, wheat free soy sauce)

SOLLY: You can't find me on facebook even with my full name? weird...

CRYSTAL: Congrats on that grandson! Please post pictures! :) If you are on Facebook, it would be great to be able to add you to my friends list. I will see if I can find you...

Toni48
10-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Hello.... Its very late but I'm still up. Worked most the day in the kitchen getting ready for company. Tomorrow I have a ton to do. We just had an egg salad sandwich for dinner. I thawed out steak but we didn't feel like it. To heavy. Wish I would have thawed out one to share. Even though they're small anyway. I'm trying to just eat till I'm full and then quit eating.

Ellen- Thanks for the tip on rice. Sounds like you've had fun with your Grandkids. Its good you are having good luck with the gluten free cooking.

Hope everyone is having a good week end.

CountryMom4Him
10-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Good afternoon. It is beautiful outside today. I should be planting my kale but it's still a bit wet so I'm gonna wait until Thursday when things settle down. I just found out that I like kale. We were eating at Olive Garden and they have this awesome soup and I feel in love with the greens in it and the waitress said it was kale. The next day we went to the feed store and they had several bags for sale. I was shocked because I'd never seen the seeds here before, shocked but happy. :)

Today is my first day of GREAT eating. I'm so determined. I pray with God and the accountability of this board I'll do better. Breakfast was a one egg, plus two egg white omelete with veggies and a little lean ham. Very filling and under 250 calories.

When I get back from Britt's I will post a picture of little man. :) I've tried finding ya'll on facebook but so far no luck. I should be easy to find as I've yet to find anyone that spells their name like mine. If ya'll can't find me I may have the privacy set high. Just let me know. I'd love to have ya'll on my facebook.

Diet Tip from email:

Great Weight-Loss Rewards
You deserve a pat on the back, and you need to make it a point to get it. Setting milestones and rewarding yourself every time you meet them can help you achieve your ultimate goal. Try giving yourself a reward each time you meet a mini-milestone. Treat yourself to a candlelit soak in the tub, go see a movie with a friend, enjoy a new CD or give yourself a spa day. Celebrating the smaller victories will help make your fitness journey more fun and will help make your long-term fitness goals more attainable.

Toni...I like to cook my brown rice with broth, garlic and cayenne pepper. When I use just water my guys complain too much. They don't like it to begin with so I have to up the flavor.

Ellen...I can't wait to try and cook the brown rice in the pressure cooker. Time is the one reason I don't cook it more often. That and if it is the least bit chewy the guys think I"m trying to kill them. The chewy part is what I like about it. :)

Solly...hope you are felling better.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

taeotis
10-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Hey ladies. I'm new to these boards. I just started the sugar busters diet today. I'm going to make this work because I really need to get healthier. It's nice to meet all of you.

Punkin

Solly
10-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Hi ladies,

Weekend was wonderful, but any time I can spend with my GS is wonderful. He was good as gold and I hated to give him back. This is her last week before returning to work. I know it will be hard for her.

Yesterday I spent 4 hours cutting our fabric and putting it on top of mason jars. My friend is a wedding planner and she is doing a wedding next Sunday which is quite unique. Nothing I would do, but to each his own. They are earthy people and love the outdoors so an outdoor wedding it is on Nov 1st. I sure hope it is warm as we are helping her with it. All the guest are bringing a dish like pot luck. They are having games, contra dancing, corn hole, etc. The rehearsal dinenr is actually a costume dinner since it is on Halloween. The bride is a vegetarian so the meal is soups and hot breads and brownies. They have spent a ton of money on tent rentals etc. so I am quite anxious to experience this affair in the woods.

Eating was horrible over the weekend. Of course there were tons of goodies and good at the party we attended Friday. I just have no willpower. Saturday we went out for dinner and since I had already blown it, just got fried fish and a baked potato. Last night was a burger and rings. I get so mad at myself. I did make it to the gym this morning.

Toni, I hope you enjoy your company. How long are they staying?

Ellen, sounds like you had a good weekend with your GK also. Aren't they fun? glad your eating is going so well. I need to wire my mouth together on weekends. I will look again on FB for you, may not have used your full name. I was in a hurry and someone was doing it for me. Just don't have a lot of time to get on there during the day.

Crystle, I can't wait to see pics of that baby. I love kale. My mom fied it in bacon grease in a big pot (b/c it is so big, but cooks up to nothing). We would boil potatoes and cut them up and hard boiled eggs on top and serve with corn bread. Yummy. Makes me want some now. Make sure you wash them really good.

Punkin, welcome to our group. Most of us have been around for years. Not only are we diet buddies, we have become friends. Looking forward to getting to know you and wish you well on your weight loss journey.

Got to fun, we have a big proposal due tomorrow and I need to get busy. Have a great day. :hug:

Toni48
10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Hello all.... Just a quick note. My company should be here any minute. Eating has been so so. But tonight am having enchilada's. But back on it tomorrow. Didn't cook dessert. So I am being good. LOL

Punkin- Welcome aboard. Keep posting and good luck. Ask questions if you need to.

Solly- Glad you had a good and busy week end. The outdoor wedding sounds so cool..... Glad you had a good time with Grandson.

Crystle- Would love to try some kale. Its been so many years since I've had any. Keep up the good eating.

I'm off..... Happy day.

scrappinhut
10-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any pointers. I am an emotional eater and I do great on my diet all day and then at around 5:00 both kids (2 & 4 Yrs old) start screaming and demanding things and my attention and after about an hour my head is spinning and I shove something toxic (sugar) in my mouth!! I can't seem to break this heart breaking and endless cycle. And thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated! :?:

happynow
10-27-2009, 02:47 PM
hi everyone,

hope everyone is doing well. we have had the cough, cold, non-swineflu germs at our house for the last few weeks, it seems like one of us gets better and then someone else gets it. sarah is now a senior in high school and we are trying to get the college visits set up, hope i can manage my eating while we are doing this. my sugars are doing better and the weight is still coming off slowly.

does anyone have the recipe for the crustless quiche that debbie made for one of the sugarbuster get togethers we had in florida a few years back? i am trying to get more creative with my cooking and need some sugarbuster easy recipes.

looking forward to the Biggest Loser tonight, they seem to help me stay on track...

BOB, i hope your mom is doing better.

take care girls...

chris

Toni48
10-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Good afternoon. My company has left and I'm pooped!!! Good thing I don't really don't have to do anything but doze in the chair. Leftover chicken enchiladas for dinner. Then the rest in the freezer. My sis brought me a bag of clothes and I'm thrilled. She buys high end things and they're nice. Eating has been so so and not great.

scrappinhut- Maybe cut up some veggies in the morning. Like celery, bell peppers, cauliflower or what ever raw ones you like. And when you're having trouble grab a bowl of them at 5 and munch on them. Or maybe a few nuts or some string cheese. Welcome to our board hope you stay around we're glad to have you and there's a nice bunch of ladies here.

Chris- Glad you're doing well. I don't have Deb's recipe. But I do just make a quiche without a crust and bake it. We like it that way.

Think I'll go get me a big glass of water. Can't wait for Biggest Loser tonight too....

scrappinhut
10-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Good afternoon. My company has left and I'm pooped!!! Good thing I don't really don't have to do anything but doze in the chair. Leftover chicken enchiladas for dinner. Then the rest in the freezer. My sis brought me a bag of clothes and I'm thrilled. She buys high end things and they're nice. Eating has been so so and not great.

scrappinhut- Maybe cut up some veggies in the morning. Like celery, bell peppers, cauliflower or what ever raw ones you like. And when you're having trouble grab a bowl of them at 5 and munch on them. Or maybe a few nuts or some string cheese. Welcome to our board hope you stay around we're glad to have you and there's a nice bunch of ladies here.

Chris- Glad you're doing well. I don't have Deb's recipe. But I do just make a quiche without a crust and bake it. We like it that way.

Think I'll go get me a big glass of water. Can't wait for Biggest Loser tonight too....
Thanks so much for the idea. I never thought about it. Nothing is ever ready at that time, dinner is being cooked, etc. So, if I get something healthy ready to go hopefully I can reach for that. That will be my goal for tomorrow!!! I will let you know how it turns out!! Thanks so much!!

taeotis
10-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Hey Ladies. This is day 3 of sugar busters. I'm doing good. I'm staying on point. Thanks for all of you warm welcomes.

Solly
10-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi ladies

It has been a crazy week. We had 2 proposals due th is week and both were tons of paperwork involved. I'm glad they are over.

Eating as been so so. Not as good as it should. After working until 8:00 and then going to the jym at 5:00 I was worn out this morning and turned over. I hope I can go tomorrow. But I will have a late night at bunco, so we will see.

After spending 3 hours Sunday and 3 hours last night working on the mason jars for this wedding, The bride wants the cards tied on the outside with a ribbon. That was her original request but the card was so big they kept falling off so we put them inside the jar. She insists. So this will be the 3rd time we had to handle 260 jars. I think she is bringing them to bunco and all 8 of us will help. In the big scheme of a wedding, this is so minute and unimportant, but I guess she can't see that now.

Toni, how nice of yoru DS. It's always fun to get clothes even if they are hand me downs. Glad you had a nice visit.

Taeotis, good job. Now try not to cheat b/c once you do, it happens more and more. So my best advice is don't cheat at all. Keep up the good work.

Chris, did you search the recipe boards for the quiche. I agree with Toni. Hope everyone is getting well at your house.

Scrappinhut, once you detox from sugar things will get easier. But you have to stay totally off of it including sweatners for about a week. How about a piece of fruit, it has natural sugar. Hope you stay with us.

Has anyone tried the new sweetner Truvia yet? It is supposed to be all natural and not trick your bring into wanting more.

Got to run. Have a great day :hug:

Solly
10-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh, I forgot to share my great news! We have a court date for the adoption proceedings for my grandson. Next Thursday the 5th. I am so glad it will all be final and done. We have truly been blessed.

Toni48
10-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Good evening. Not much going on today. Still a little tired from company. So I haven't done allot today.

Solly-I'm so happy about your Grandson. What wonderful news. It will be great when its all over. I missed the treadmill the past couple of days and need to get my butt on it tomorrow. Making a big pot of chili in the crockpot tomorrow thats healthy.

taeotis- Way to go girl. Keep up the good work. One day at a time. It takes the first week or two to get rid of the sugar cravings.

scrap-Hope you did better this evening. I was thinking of you at 5 and remembering those hectic days with my little ones. Always seemed at 5.

Well off to finish dinner. Eating hasn't been to good. But tomorrow is another day.

Solly
10-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Just wanted to pop in and tell you I am off tomorrow so I won't be back until Monday.

Toni, hope yo are resting up from your company.

Have a great weekend.

CountryMom4Him
10-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Back from visiting with Britt and Maverick. He is the worlds BEST baby. :) He truly never cries but for a few seconds until you meet his needs. Eating was awesome. Since Britt wants to lose baby weight it made it easy to make healthy meals. And not being at home kept me away from the snacks. :)

Solly...awesome on your court date. Praying that everything goes wonderfully.

Scrappinhut...welcome. I agree with Toni about having snacks handy. It makes a huge difference. Also I find changing the atomosphere helps also. I had five kiddos and when the day hit the "busy"-"crazy" hour I would turn off the tv and turn on some music.

Taotis..welcome and way to go on three days of good eating.

Toni....Hope you get rested and back on that treadmill soon. I'm praying I can find a used treadmill. I really miss walking and with all the rain it is almost impossible to get out in the mud.

Happynow...hope ya'll are all feeling well now. Nothing like a nasty fall cold.

Ellen...hope you are having a good week.

Bob....how are you and Kate?

Tip from my email:

Muscles: Order Please!
There are benefits of working out muscles in a certain order. Training large muscle groups first when your energy level is the highest usually works best. These muscles include thighs, chest and back. The smaller muscles like forearms, biceps and triceps should be saved for last. Strengthening your muscles through resistance training offers many benefits and may make it easier to do your daily routine.

I missed breaskfast and am famished...errr. Gonna try and eat some lunch before it's dinner time. The one thing I've found this week is that even though I don't like breakfast it really helps me not overeat later in the day.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
10-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Good evening. Seems this day has just flown by. My pot of chili is all ready and it smells so good. Its all Sugar Buster legal. Think I got the recipe over at South Beach.

Crystle- good you're back. I'm so happy you got such a good Grandson. Hope your eating went good. That was great Britt was eating healthy too.

Solly- Hope you have a good week end.

What happened to our new ladies?

Have a great evening.

Toni48
10-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Happy Friday to my Buster Buddies. Getting a late start. We had 4 1/2 inches of rain in 24 hours. You can see the river from our door and boy is it ever up. The leaves on the ground are so slick and wet its hard to drive the car up the hill. We may get more rain. Off to make some oatmeal. Be back after while.

CountryMom4Him
10-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Today has been a good day so far. I've spent most of the afternoon setting up my spark page and finding my way around that site. If any of ya'll visit there I'm mavericksmemaw. :) I'm not an oatmeal fan but being a good girl I ate some with the family this morning. We had pumpkin pie oatmeal. It was sugar free. I add pumpkin and spices to the oatmeal. When I served it I added a swirl of SF pancake syrup on it. They seemed to really like it.

Hope ya'll are doing well.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Toni48
10-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Lunch was a 2eggs whites and 1 egg omelet with fresh mushrooms, green pepper, onions, salsa and swiss cheese. Very good and filling. Went to a friends house today and had a couple cups of green tea. Its so damp out it felt good. Leftover chili tonight. Only bad thing I had a couple of cookies with my tea. WAAAA!

CountryMom4Him
10-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Toni, your omlete sounds yummy. I've been hungry for mushrooms but I only have the canned kind right now. I made chili for dinner. It was a new recipe. It was turkey, northern beans, spinach, spices and a few other things. It was a white chili and it came out really tasty. My son actually ate two helpings. I kept my crackers to six so I was happy. It's been a very decent eating day.

Love,
Crystle

Toni48
10-30-2009, 09:22 PM
LOL I just finished a bowl of chili too. Yours sounds good. Good job on limiting your crackers. I had peanut butter on whole wheat bread with mine.

CountryMom4Him
10-31-2009, 11:38 AM
I am such the copy cat. :) The omlete sounded so good I made one for breakfast..minus the cheese and add brocolli and lean ham. yum I am beyond full right now.

The rains are out of here now and it's nice and cool. I look forward to things drying out so I can get out in the garden. We picked a 19 pound watermelon last night. Talk about tickled. The other few we got this year were no where near that size. This was a plant that fizzled during the summer and came back when the rains moved in. There are three tiny ones growing on it now. I really hope they make. The greens are coming in nicely. Not too sure about the kale though. The rains came in the day after I planted. They may have washed away. The rain was needed though. The pond has actually begun to become full again.

Three of my baby chickens are starting to lay. They must have heard me threatening to eat them. :)

I hope ya'll are having a super weekend.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
10-31-2009, 01:20 PM
Good afternoon. Put a roast in the crockpot this morning. And am thawing out some green beans to go with it. I'll make potatoes for DH. Wish I would be ambitious enough to make some yeast rolls.

Crystle- wow that watermellon sounds great. Man 19 lbs. is huge. Wish I had some fresh kale to try. I've never had it but sure I would love it. Your breakfast sounds wonderful. I had oatmeal. LOL

Have a good Saturday....

Toni48
11-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Oh dear how do we get a November thread? Hope everyone is fine with all this time time change and new month. LOL I started out my day with 2 soft boiled eggs and a toasted english muffin along with a glass of orange juice. Its beautiful and sunny here. A fine day for a Monday. Will be back later and hope someone else posts....

Solly
11-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi ladies,

Back to work today and very busy. Had a good weekend but the wedding was exhausting. On my feet for 12 straight hours even at standing up. Foot is killing me today.

Almost time to go home so will post quick replies.

Just one, Crystle, I am on spark, just don't post on the mesage boards. I joined the calories cycling group. Gator Gal is on there too. I will have to look and see her name on there.

Toni, we are ok on here for now. My DD made chili for Halloween. IT was good. I plan on making white chili this week. My GS was a puppy. He didn't like it much.

Off to the hospital to see a co-workers new baby. Talk to you tomorrow

CountryMom4Him
11-03-2009, 09:24 AM
It's amazing how eating right can increase your energy and change your mood. I've found over the last week that I've "awakened" both physically and emotionaly. What is really funny is that I didn't realize that I had been in a funk until it started fallng away. This morning I'm tired but that just because of the time change. I'm staying up late and waking too early still.

We were so excited because we grew a nineteen pound watermelon but when we cut into it it wasn't ripe. The kiddos were so dissapointed. I hope the last three growing make it to ripen but I don't know with the cooler temps we are having. The greens are doing great. I'm seriously thinkikng of having some mustart greens for dinner. It all depends on how wet the garden is still

Solly...I hope your foot is feeling better today. I saw little man, Maverick, for a few minutes yesterday. He is almost ten pounds now. He is so precious. I still don't have his pics uploaded yet.

Toni..how are you doing so far this week? Are you able to use your treadmill? I'm praying and believing for one. The weather is beautiful today so I'm hoping the road is dry enough to take a walk later.

Ellen...how are you?

Bob..thinking of you.

Happy Now..hope you are having a good week.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Toni48
11-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Just got home from grocery shopping. We shopped for at least two weeks or more. Sure am tired. We got a Quizno's sandwich for dinner. I only had 1/2 of a turkey one. Think I'll rest a bit.

Crystle- Didn't get to walk on the treadmill this week. Hopefully next week I'll be more faithful. Glad you're doing good.

Toni48
11-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I can't believe what I did yesterday when we went grocery shopping. I picked up a bunch of sweets and sat here last night an just plain pigged out. I'm so sick and ashamed of what I did. I must have had some kind of break down. I'm trying to figure out what to do with them now without wasting them. We're on a stick budget and I can't believe I did that. I feel like when you overspend and are just sick about it. I feel so crummy too. Well that's my confession.

taeotis
11-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Hello ladies. After one week on the sugarbusters diet, I am happy to report a 7 pound loss. HOORAY!! Now I am into the 3rd day of week 2. I hope to continue losing. I wish you all the best too.

Punkin

Toni48
11-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Taeotis- Oh my gosh 7 lbs. is so great. :congrat::broc::cheer:

Solly
11-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Hi ladies,

Tomorrow is our adoption hearing. I am so glad it will all be final.

Crystle, I wish someone would awaken me. Send it my way would you?

Toni, Tht's why I never buy stuff, I eat it. It's funny that you confessed as I watched the BL last night I had 3 mini bags of M&M's. How sad is that???

Taeotis, :cheer: 7 lbs is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Better get some work done since I will be late tomorrow. Have a great evening.

CountryMom4Him
11-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Howdy ya'll. Eating is still going well but the best part is the water. My daily drink is water again. I'm not at the house but when I get home I'm gonna upload a picture of Little Man to share with ya'll. :) Oh and check it out...I walked yesterday...LOL It's been so long it felt great.

Toni...hang in there. I think we all have those melt down moments. The best way to save the less than healthy things is to freeze them if you can. That way you can take some out a little at a time.

Solly....((hugzz)) So glad your court date is here and everything will be final.

Punkin...WTG on your weight loss. Keep up the good work.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
11-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Well DH said he would walk with me tomorrow. It would be so good for both of us. If he doesn't I'll hit the treadmill. I've got to start somewhere and get over this hump. Isn't it just a struggle all the time. I think my sis having gastric bypass threw me a curve. I'm not jealous but am worried about being the only fatty in the family.

Solly- WOO HOO :carrot: Good thoughts go to court with you all tomorrow. I hope everything comes out just as planned. I ate a brownie durning Biggest Loser and the show was so good.

Crystle- Darn you're doing good girl. Keep it up...... I'm thinking the freezer is going to get some of it too. Can't wait to see the pictures.

CountryMom4Him
11-05-2009, 09:55 AM
The hungries hit me yesterday and it took everything I had not to gorge at my mom's house. Instead of caving in I told her I didn't think dinner held me and that I was starvin'. I waited a bit and really was hungry but it was late so I just mibbled a few healthy things, a major victory for me. Late night eating is the roughest for me to give up. I'm not a breakfast person but I've been faithful the last two weeks eating it and I truly believe it helps.

Toni..how awesome your hubby is going to walk with you. Robert says I walk too fast so he won't. :) I think I understand how you feel about your sister. My sister had her tummy done and went from a size 22 to a size 6. I know she has challenges but she doesn't have to fight the same food demons that I do.

Solly...sending some love your way this morning as you go to court.

Ellen...hope you are having a good week.

Bob..thinking of your and Kate.

((Everybody))

If I've done this right I've attached a picture of little man. :)

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Toni48
11-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Well getting ready to go make breakfast. I know its not the best choice but I'm making cream of wheat. Coffee was good and I'm getting hungry. Today I'm going to walk. Hopefully this will help break the cycle I'm in. Sugar, sugar and more sugar.

Crystle- My goodness look at that head of hair on your beautiful Grandson. He's just adorable. You did so great yesterday. Now thats the way to go. Keep up the good work. You're doing it lady!!!!!!!

Solly- Hope everything went well in court.

Ellen- Know you're busy. Hows the eating going?

Hope everyone has a great day.....

Solly
11-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Hi ladies,

Yes everything was fine in court. Short and sweet. We went out for breakfast and I am not telling what I ate.

Crystle, I am so proud of you with your temptation. You did great. What a doll baby, and all that hair. He is so cute. I know you are loving him to death. For some reason, I can't quit kissing on his head, but he doen't have hair like yours.

Toni, hope you and Dh had a nice walk. Hope you can keep it up. Like you said, it's good for both of you. It was a good show on BL this week. I am not sure who I want to win. I just love seeing how much they end up losing. Amazing. Don't let your DS's surgery get you down. You can do this too.

BOB, Hope Kate is improving daily.

Ellen, how are you doing? We need to hear from you.

Off to get busy. I was so late getting in today.

Toni48
11-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Oh BOY! WE walked at the campground today. Took Jackson our boston terrier with us and he had a ball. The weather was wonderful and the river was beautiful. What a lovely fall day.

Solly- Glad court was over quick. Can't blame you for a celebration breakfast. Thanks for understanding what I'm going through.

Off to put the banana bread in the freezer.

CountryMom4Him
11-06-2009, 02:11 PM
We have a busy day ahead so this has to be a quickie. :) Eating is still good. I had a minor melt down yesterday but I kept it legal and within a decent calorie range. The bad part was it was late at night.

Solly...I agree, the little heads are so kissable. They smell so sweet.

Toni...your walk sounds wonderful. I was able to sneak in 30 minutes earlier. I'm finding it easier to get it out of the way before the afternoon sluggishness starts.

((Everybody)) Each of you is a blessing. Hope today is the start of a GREAT weekend.

God bless,
Crystle

Solly
11-06-2009, 02:53 PM
High ladies

Not much going on here today. It is rather quiet here. Going out to dinner with my best friend from high school and her husband. He is an engineer and he leaves Sunday for Afghanistan for 6 months. Lucikly they never leave the bse so he should be safe. I would still worry.

Tomorrow we have a wedding to attend. Best part is we will be taking the baby with us.

Toni, your walk sounds so lovely. I hope you can get DH to continue walking with you.

Crystle, At least your binge was all legal. It is only a slip up not a melt down. Yeah for you getting back on track.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. It is supposed to be almost 70 here on Sunday. No rain for a change. ;Hug:

Toni48
11-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Good afternoon. Getting ready to go for a walk again. Wish my eating would reflect that. Its still not good. I can't seem to get off this sugar binge I'm on. Soon I will I'm sure. Hope I get busy this afternoon and do some stuff.

Crystle- Good for you getting your walk in. Its so beautiful out now. I love it. And it seems when my hubby goes I can walk twice as far. Have a good day today.

Toni48
11-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Walked at the park today. Yippee two days of really moving.

CountryMom4Him
11-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Good morning. It is a lazy quiet saturday morning here in Texas. I'm sitting here with my footie pj's propped up on my desk. Awwww what a morning. The guys ate cereal so I even got a break from cooking. :)

I went and saw my precious grandson. In the 3 weeks since he's been born he's gained almost 3 pounds. He is a little chunk a munk. His little cheeks are so round from nursing you just wanna pinch them. :)

Toni...hang in there. You will beat this binge. I've really been struggling the last couple of days and didn't excatly win the battle yesterday. I think because I didn't have my pickles or olives over at my mom's house. When I'm really struggling I find the extra punch of flavor and salt helpful in not eating other things.

Solly...hope the wedding is lovely and you have a fantastic weekend.

Here is a neat tip from my email:

Clean House = Fit Body
Dust off those unwanted pounds by cleaning your house. Vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, and mopping are all great exercises. If you've never thought of cleaning as a workout, then think again. Next time your house is in need of some tidying up, take a moment to become aware of all the lifting, squatting and stretching it takes to get it sparkling. Make it a point to keep your house spotless by cleaning away your pounds.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Toni48
11-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Glad to be back on. It asked for my password and I couldn't remember it. Finally got my book with the number in it. So I can post again. Just a lazy Sunday here. I had a dry piece of toast and an orange juice for breakfast. Just don't feel like nothing else lately. Well finished the last of the sweets last night. I'm done and sick of them. Hopefully I'm on track now. I need to run to town and get some salad stuff today. I'm hungry for something in the veggie line.

Crystle- Boy that Grandson is growing like a weed. Nothing like a healthy baby. I'll bet you're enjoying him so much. Hope you had a nice day yesterday. Guess I'll have to hit the treadmill. Think DH is taking the week end off from walking.

Well I'm off to go get dressed and start my day.

CountryMom4Him
11-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Oh my gosh, I lost my mind yesterday...:) I ate and ate and ate. As hard as I was I did journal it all. Errrr right around 2000 calories and half of them all bad foods. But alas, today is a new day and so far so good. I made a pot of cauliflower soup. I had a couple of bowls for lunch so I'm nice and full. I left it on the stove in case I get the munchies again.

Toni..I'm glad you found your password. Even though our group is small I left spark people because I really get more inspiration from you guys. That and ya'll have been there through the ups, downs and ups again. :)

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Toni48
11-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Hello all. Glad the week end is over. I went yesterday and got lots of salad stuff and made a giant salad for the fridge. Last night I was able to get me a slice of meatloaf, some cauliflower with cheese sauce and a nice big salad with light rasberry dressing. So yeasterday I can say my eating was good. I did have two glasses of wine. Today I started out with a slice a of ww bread with peanut butter on it and an OJ. For lunch I'll have some veggie soup. And today maybe leftovers.

Crystle- Know just how you feel. I hope today is a better one.

I went to use my treadmill and DH has junked up all around it so I'll have to clear it off to use. Dang that makes me mad.

CountryMom4Him
11-09-2009, 03:56 PM
WTG Toni with getting a good day under your belt. Not much going on here. I'm in a lazy mode today. :) Eating is a little better than the weekend.

((Everybody))

Love,
Crystle

Solly
11-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Good morning ladies.

I was MIA yesterday as I stayed home with our sick baby. Saturday he started running a temp of 102.5. He had gotten shots on Friday so I thought it was from that, but the dr said it was too high so he had to take hime to a pediatric immediate care both Sat & Sun. He got a shot and some oral med. So she had just started back to work and my SIL runshis own business and already had a full day planned so I took off and stayed with him. He did not run a fever yesterday so he went back to the sitter today. He is still cranky though.

Eating is on track. Now if I could only get back to the gym. I had planned to go yesterday until all this came up and then I was so worn out from yesterday, there was no way I could get up this morning. I must be getting old as it litterly wore me out yesterday. My arm is sore this morning from holding him and of course my back is killing me as he only wanted me to stand up with him.

Toni, your walking sound lovely with DH. I miss it so much. I can't wait to get out of this boot and walk again. I was craving a salad so I had a small one with my burger last night instead of sweet potato fries.

Crystle, Your GS is growing like a weed. I love chunky babies. Glad to see your tip on cleaning. Yesterday when the bay slept, I did 5 loads of laundry and cleaned my DD's house so at least I got some exercise.

Not much going on here. We are very slow so it makes for a boring day. See you tomorrow :hug:

Toni48
11-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Well I'm late today getting on. But eating has been good. I made a cabbage patch soup for dinner. I'll not make that again I don't think it was that great even though it got rave reviews on the internet. Now I've leftovers to deal with. WAAAA...... My sister got her surgery but the didn't make her a small stomach after all. Her insides were messed up from the stomach stapleing and all they could do is repair that. So she'll have to work on her weight without it.

Solly-Your daughter is so lucky to have you. What a great Grandma you make. Glad your eating is good.

Crystle- How you doing?

Solly
11-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Happy Wedneswday girls

It's pay day and the banks are't open due to veterns day.

Baby is doing much better. DH went over and picked him up at the sitter's about 4:00 for no reason. He would never have done that with our girls. I guess b/c he's a boy. He is funny.

Now if I could just get my dog well. He has been throwing up since Sat and now has diareha. He hasn't thrown up since yesterday morning and he is acting like a mainiac. Won't sit in once place for over 10 seconds. I found some medicine we gave him before and I have given him a couple doeses so I will wait and see how he is tomorrow and if not better take him to the vet.

Toni, Thinking of your son today on Vetern's Day. Thank him for all he does for us. Sorry to hear about your sister. I know she was counting on the surgery. You will have to help motivate her. what a shock about Shay getting kicked off BL last night. I wanted to stay up and watch Jay Leno b/c she and daniel were going to be on but I couldn't make it. I taped it. I wanted to see how she looks now. i will have to check it out on the internet later.

Crystle, :wave: How was your day?

Ellen, where are you?

BOB, please come back.

All others who have been here, we need you.

Off to find soemthing to do.

happynow
11-11-2009, 02:21 PM
hi girls,

happy veterans day to you all. just a nice quiet cool day here in western cincinnati. i am going to the theater tonight to see white christmas, a birthday gift from my sister. i am still doing fairly well watching what i eat, i did lose a fight at mcdonalds and had a happy meal! except i felt unhappy after i ate it!

its hard to believe i was a 22w jeans last year at this time, i am now a getting baggy 18w! have lost 55 pounds since last november! at times i have not been strict sugarbusters but i tend to always look for the whole grains and sugar free or foods with less than the 3gr sugar .

hope everyone is doing well, i am going for a walk this afternoon, the biggest loser has inspried me to get moving, if shay and daniel and the others can move it so can i...

chris

Toni48
11-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Hello; Hope you're all doing fine. Today was a pretty good eating day. And I did get on the treadmill. Wish I wouldn't have had that one extra enchilada but I did. I'm trying to stop eating when I'm still kind of hungry.

Solly- Thanks for the thoughts on my son. Only 2 more months till he can come home. I'm worried he'll have to go to Afghanistan next. Wasn't that sweet of your DH to pick the baby up. I was so hopeing they wouldn't vote Shay off. I'm wondering how she looks now. Wish I would have seen her on Jay Leno but we watched Chopped instead. Oh your poor dog I hope he gets better.

Chris- My goodness you're doing great. Keep up the good work girl. 55 is so inspiring. How fun to have baggy pants. LOL Hope you enjoy the show. That was a nice gift.

Solly
11-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi ladies,

Happy to report my puppy is much better. Guess it was the TLC I gave him. I was desparate to keep from paying a vet bill.

All my Christmas cards are done and I have my tree up in the basement. Not decorated, but up. Next weekend I will do al lthe rest. We lose a week with TG being so late this year so I must hurry. Plus we are going to Nashville in Dec to see the lights at Opryland Hotel. The most beutiful thing you could ever see. So that blows another weekend. Then there is a weekend to bake. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it and that does not include shopping.

Happy, :cheer: Youa re doing so great. What an inspiration! The best part is what you said about when you can't be 100% OP you are making the best choice. I wish I could learn that. Keep up the good work.

Toni, How many more tours does your DS have to do? He has been so many times already. My Best friend's husband leaves Friday to go to Afghanstan for 6 months as an engineer. That is scarry enough, but to be in the action. Terrifying. Senind prayers that he can stay put. Shay has lost another 50 lbs and looks good, but has more to lose. She has 6 trainers, one for each day. But Daniel was unbelievable. he looks like a normal person. He has lost a total of 230 lbs. Surely, he has had or will have some surgery. All that skin has to go someplace.

Got to get some work done. I have a foot appt today. Hoping I can wear normal shoes soon.

Have a great day :hug:

CountryMom4Him
11-16-2009, 01:31 PM
I have been trying for days to get to the board. Sure did miss ya'll. Eating was WAY terrible. I ated good for two weeks, lost five pounds, woke up one day and had gained 6. Decided it wasn't worth it and ate what I wanted. Stayed the same but deep down know it's about more than the weight so I started fresh this morning and had an mostly egg white scramble with veggies and some butternut squash hashbrowns. The hashbrowns were so yummy. I used the salad shooter to shredd the squash and fried it in a little oil with lots of seasoning. My older boy ate over half the squash! :)

Hope you all have a SUPER week. I plan on being here if the board will let me.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Solly
11-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi ladies,

Something is amiss with this site. I couldn't get on Friday and today it seems some posts are missing.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We went to the race track on Sat. Did not win any money. Kept the baby all night Sat and most of yesterday. He was sooo good. I'm loving this grandma thing.

Country, sorry the scale was not nice to you. I haven't been on mine in awhile. I'm actually afraid to get on there.

Hoping to get back to the gym sometime this week. Seems like I have lots going on. I know there have been posts since I posted last week. Maybe I'm in the wrong spot.

Toni48
11-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Dang finally I can get on. Couldn't all week end. Something is so messed up with the site. Hope they get it fixed. Eating has been so so. Had leftover cold pizza the past couple days for breakfast. It was so good. On whole wheat crust. With candian bacon, olives and mushrooms. Walked all last week on the treadmill. I took the week end off and will be back to it today.

Crystle-My gosh those butternut fries sound so wonderful. I would love to have some. I may have to try some. wonder if it would work if I just grated some on the old metal grater. I don't have a ricer.

Solly- You're not missing any posts. We just couldn't get on here. Sorry you didn't win at the track. But it was nice you got plenty of grandma time.

Toni48
11-16-2009, 08:24 PM
I confess I was to lazy to walk on the treadmill today. I'm ashamed of myself.

THE BIG ORANGE BABE
11-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Hey Kiddo's,

I'll get on here Tuesday and update everyone. For now, everything is going GREAT (knock on my wooden head). Kate is doing so much better and will explain in a detailed post.

Love to all for your prayers and concern

BOB

taeotis
11-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Hello all. I got an elliptical last week but I haven't worked out on it yet. I'm going to physical therapy for this torn meniscus and this week is my last week of therapy. I plan on trying to do the elliptical at least 20 minutes a day. It might not be all at once, but I plan to get in at least 20 minutes. I think I'm kind of scared, but I'm gonna have to give it a shot. I have gained a pound back. I had cake and donuts this past weekend. I will lose it this week though.

Solly
11-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Morning,

It's rainy and gloomy here. Supposed to be this way for a couple days. Nothing going on with me. We have bunco tonight. I always look forward to that.

Toni, don't be ashamed that you didn't geton the :tread: just get back on there today. You can do it. I need to get a ww pizza crust. They sell them at Meijers, but I don't get there too often.

Bob, so glad to hear from you. Glad all is going well. Looking forward to your new post.

Taeotis, You can get off tht pound. Just get back on track. It takes building up on the elliptical to make it to 20 minutes. My DD always says if you can make it past 5 minutes you have it made. The legs stop hurting after 5 mnutes.

Now we just need to get Ellen back on here and Crystle. Come on girls.

Off to start my day. Have a good one.

Toni48
11-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Hello everyone. We slept in late so we'll be having a late more like noon breakfast. Its cold and rainy here. Tomorrow I guess we'll grocery shop.

Solly- Hope you have fun at Bunco tonight. Those home made pizza's are sure good.

taeotis- Ut oh on the cake and donuts I did that last week. Better luck the rest of this week. You can do it.

Bob- Glad to see you posting. Can't wait till you post more.

CountryMom4Him
11-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Howdy ya'll. I've been fighting with this website all day trying to post. I almost gave up and just left the group. I don't know why it's been so difficult.

(Everybody)) Enough of my whining. Eating has been so so and exercise..what is that. :) I did do a few wall push ups this morning and tried to workout through all the commercials of one of the shows I was watching. That worked pretty good except I was cleaning at the same time.

Bob..it is great to see you and I'm so glad Kate is doing better.

Toni...it's cold here also. Yesterday was Jammie day. I should have made today instead and stayed tucked in the covers..LOL A hand grater would work just fine on the squash. Just make sure and squeeze the water out.

Solly...hope you have a blast at bunco.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
11-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Are you all watching the Biggest Loser?

Solly
11-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Good afternoon

Bunco was fun, not one of my favorite houses to go to, but fun to get together with everyone.

Plan on finishing my tree in the baswement tonight. I feel like I am behind. I hate it when TG is a week later in the month.

Toni, I didn't get to see BL last night but I taped it and should watchit tonight. I do love it when I can fast forward throughthe comercials.

Crystle, glad you made it on here. Don't know what is wrong with the site.

BOB, ok, where are you?

Not much going on here. I am really sleepy allof a sudden. Off t get some energy.

scrappinhut
11-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know I got both cook book "Sugar Bust for Life" by the Brennans in NOLA. The recipes are fairly easy and I can't cook so that is saying a lot. And everything I have cooked has come out awesome. So if you are looking for something new I highly recommend them.

Toni48
11-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Howdy ho. Been kind of lazy today. I've got to get out of this rut. Tomorrow I go see my Heart Doctor. Its an all day trip 3 hours a one way. So I'll be well woren out by the time I get home. Hope I remember to take something out of the freezer before I leave. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

Solly- Glad you had a nice time at Bunco. Have you been to the gym lately?

Scrappinut- Thats nice to know about the cookbook. I've never seen it. I need some new recipes.

What everyone planning for Thanksgiving???????

scrappinhut
11-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Toni48 - They are regional cookbooks so you may check online or on ebay lots are being sold used.

Solly
11-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Hi ladies,

not much going on here. Going to get all my Christmas decorations up this weekend. That's about it.

Toni, no, I haven't been back to the gym. That's on my "to do list" for next week.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Toni48
11-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Howdy ho..... Went to the heart doctor today. Everything checked out fine. Always a relief. I felt like a fat frog today. The shirt and pants I wore just clung to me. My gosh I've got to get to eating better. Hopefully I'll lose big before I have to see the Dr. again.

Solly- Next week is a new week for me with the exercise too. We can do it....

scrappin- Thank you about the cookbook. I ordered a used cookbook last night at Amazon. But its vegetable recipes..

Hope everyone has a good week end.

CountryMom4Him
11-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Still fighting to get on the board. I didn't run away. :) My scales are going in the wrong direction. I am bigger than I have been in a LONG time. Not really sure why. I'm not eating that well but not enough to be gaining weight. I told hubby I'm gonna be good the next too days and see if they finally quit going up. We both think our lack of activity is playing a role. I'm also considering hiding them for awhile but that scares me.

((Everybody)) Are you ready for the holidays? I am making Lazagna this year. I will make one with white pasta and a small one with whole wheat. If I'm gonna be bad at least let it be whole grain..LOL

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Toni48
11-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Well I was discusted, I've gained 4 lbs. Don't know where that came from but something has to happen here.

Crystle- I'm making a turkey breast this year. Looking forward to it. I love a good lasagna. So yours sounds yummy. Wish you weren't having so much trouble getting on here.

Toni48
11-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Hip hip hooray I walked on my treadmill. Have done lots around the house today. I feel good for some reason. LOL Eating has been good. Had a half of a steak and a baked sweet potato for dinner and a bowl of cereal and a half of banana for breakfast. Going now for lunch. While the laundry is going. Hope everyone is having a great Sunday.

Solly
11-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi ladies,

OK everyone is confessing and starting fresh. I should be right there with you. Eathing has been horrible. If it is there, I eat it, ALL. I know what to do. I'm frustrated. Now the holidays are coming and that is so hard too. Thanksgiving is not a big problem. Just all the goodies. There is so much to do this time of year it is hard to get to the gym.

Crystle, I have not been on the scale in a month. it was not as bad as I expected, but still bad. I can tell in my clothes. My DD has gained all or most of hers back and that saddens me. My other DD NEEDs to lose but doesn't even try. Frustrating.

Toni, at least it sounds like you are headed in the right direction today. good for you getting on the treadmill.

We started on the Christmas decorations over the weekend. Didn't get finished and I wanted to have it done by Thursday, but I don't see that happening. The tree and railings cause such a mess, I wanted to have that up before I cleaned on Thursday. I don't have to cook, we go to my sisters. I just have to take a snack.

Have a great day!

CountryMom4Him
11-23-2009, 04:46 PM
I got here...yeah! Eating has been so so. Robert and I are gonna try some new things after the holidays. It's always easier when someone is doing it with you.

Solly..I'm looking forward to tree hunting day. We usually go the Sat. after Thanksgiving. Hang in there with the eating. WE WILL get CONTROL. With God all things are possible and he brought us to the right place once before. ((hugzz))

Toni..WTG You go lady. :) Now if I could get my bootie movin'.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
11-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Are we in a slump here? It seems so. I have one good day and one not so good day. Wasn't frisky today so I kind of took the day off. Tomorrow will be better I'm sure.

CountryMom4Him
11-24-2009, 10:53 AM
I can't believe I actually made it to the board first try...hip hip hooray. :) I downloaded foxfire and it seems to work a little better. And the built in spell check rocks! Not a lot to say. I already ate no-no's.

Hope ya'll have a great day.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

happynow
11-24-2009, 04:45 PM
hello everyone.

just wanted to wish you all a happy healthy thanksgiving. i am going to my sisters but i am "healthyfying" (is that a word?) the things i need to bring, cranberry sauce made with agave, sweet potatoes, whole grain breads and rolls, and a nice vegie cheesetray with plenty of triscuits. a friend gave me a recipe for pumpkin cake, with all legal ingredients.....i am trying!

had the cold/flu again last week, the sugar free popsicles were good but the pint of starbucks hot chocolate ice cream i ate tasted better. it did last the whole wek, just a little bit each night with my decaf coffee.

solly, i used to play bunko in florida with the same ladies for 12 years, so if you need a sub some time i am just up the street (I-75, that is).

take care and have a blessed thansgiving with your families...

chris

scrappinhut
11-24-2009, 11:00 PM
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one having trouble. It is so hard with the holidays and I am out of my controlled environment. I try to be strong but stress and temptation are killing me!!

Toni48
11-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Wanted to be sure and wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you enjoy the day. :turkey::thanks2: I'm going to do my baking and prep work today. It will just be DH and I for dinner so it will be small. Its cool here so think I'll make a pot of soup for dinner.

Solly
11-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA, it has been so busy at work with bids and presentations, I am worn out and Dec isn't looking any better.

Sounds like we are all in the same boat. Maybe someone should stand up and capsize the boat and we could get a new outlook. It is soo hard this time of year with so much to do and all those goodies.

Crystle, Glad your Dh is going to do this or something else with you. It does make it easier. Mine is too, he just doesn't know it yet. :fr: I'm going to have to proofread more since I know that it is a pet-peeve of yours. I usually post in the quick reply and it doesn't have spell check and I am lucky to post much less go back and proofread. Happy Thanksgiving

Toni, sounds like a quiet day for you. At least you won't wear yourself cooking. Have a wonderful day and dinner.

Scrappin, You are not alone. Try to stay strong or at least don't go overboard if you can. Good luck.

Chris, Well now you are one prepared girl. That's the way to do it. And if you do have a no-no, then you won't totally blow it. Good job.

I hope each and everyone of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know I sure have alot to be thankful for. Enjoy the day and get back on track. :turkey:

Ashbee
11-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Question: Hi! I'm peeking over here :)

Right now I do calorie counting ... but I was wondering exactly what is Sugar Busters? I know it's refined sugar that always makes me binger (or want to :)) ... Is Sugar Busters low carb? b/c I love carbs ... don't think I could/should give them up for life :)

Thanks & hope you all have a great Thanksgiving :thanks2:

CountryMom4Him
11-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Well, today is a new day and the beginning of eating right again. *smile* Robert and I went to the store yesterday and loaded up on fruits and veggies. We bought both whole wheat and low carb tortillas. The low carb have the same calorie count as the corn. Even though corn is not legal we got some of those also because we are combining SB with calorie counting. I even found him some splenda sweetened snack cakes for his lunch. We got several turkey products to try...bacon, sausage, and hot dogs. Don't get me wrong everything wasn't good for us we got some splurges for the weekends like ribs. :) We are really trying to find a balance that will last a life time. Doing it together helps me A LOT. The boys still have the heavy calorie foods because they expend a lot of energy and are thin. They already eat a lot of veggies without too much complaining. Yesterday's breakfast was broccoli, cauliflower, celery, peppers, onions, and eggplant served in a corn tortilla. Only my youngest balks.

I hope ya'll had a super holiday. Ours was very nice and relatively quiet.

Solly...I don't mind if other people misspell words. :) Because I home school the children I'm very self conscious if my spelling or grammar is horrible. I tend to get very lax using my facebook and myspace. How is that grand baby of yours?

Ashbee...it's not about giving up carbs but eating the best ones. Choosing whole grains over white flour and keeping the sugar counts below 4 grams per serving. There are really more foods you can eat than foods that not legal. Welcome to the board.

Toni..((hugzz))

((Everybody)) Stay strong and know you are worth the effort.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
11-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Hello Buster Buddies. I lost my whole post I did a minute ago. Darn it. Anyway had a great Thanksgiving. And now that is on the past and I'm trying to start over again. I need a big shopping trip but will have to go on what we have. So here's to a happy Monday. Its a beautiful day and I'm raring to go.

Crystle- I think I try to eat like you. We do have treats in food. But its the way I need to learn to live. That's so great your DH is joining you and you feed your young ones healthy. Its so nice to see kids eating veggies.

Solly- Hope you had a good holiday and got lots of Grandson time.

Ashbee- Sugar Busters is a great eating plan. We stay away from white flour, white rice, sugar and fruits such as watermelons and pineapples and ripe bananas that are high in sugar. Leaving you lots of other fruits, whole grains, and lean meats. If you really want to know the books is cheap to buy. You can also find it on ebay and at amazon. Welcome and hope you come back and join us.

Sure missing our Buster ladies. Come back and join us.

scrappinhut
12-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Back on track and doing great. I totally binged on thanksgiving. The stress really got to me. But I am putting all that behind me!!

Question: Does any one know if the Whole Grain Melba Toast is "Leagal"? The carb count is very low. But I was not sure.

Sounds like everyone else is doing good!! Keep it up!!

Toni48
12-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Hello. Hope everyone is doing fine. I'm okay just trying to hang in there and hopeing I will hit my stride. Hopefully tomorrow I'm going to get me some veggies so I can make a big salad. I think we're going to super walmart.

scrapp- I would have to see the label on the box to see whats in them. But they sound legal if they're 100% whole grain. Its good you're back on the program. Think we all blew it durning Thanksgiving.

techwife
12-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Well, you guys are getting harder and harder to find!

I'm hoping to be back on here in force by the holidays. I'm closing my barber shop. Its just not proving to be worth it for the time I spend away from home. Ihave a lot of customers, but the electric bill and rent takes ALL of my profits away. So, I'm going to start doing people's hair at their houses, instead. If I can get a few people a week, it'll be just about right.

Anyhow...just wanted to check in. No sugar shakers subforum anymore, huh?

Okay...TTFN!!

CountryMom4Him
12-02-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm moving slow this morning. It's kinda cold. :) Good to see more people posting. Really nice to see old faces.

Not much to post about this morning but I'm trying to be faithful.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
12-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Good morning. Its raining here and cold. Not much going on I'm having my coffee right now.

Tech- Its so good to see you posting. I've missed hearing about your adventures in life. Sorry you closed down the Barber shop but bet it will be easier on you. You sure gave it a try. How are the kids? Yep we lost our board. Just couldn't keep enough posts going.

Crystle- How it going at your house. Sounds like me. I'm a little bit boring now....

Guess I'll go finish my coffee....

Solly
12-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Hi ladies,

Super busy at work so posting has been almost impossible. Not back to the gym yet, but trying. Getting more and more ready in my mind. Just so much going on right now.

Tech, so good to see your post. Hope you can get back on here soon. Have you ever thought of doing hair in your home? The girl that does mine, turned her dining room into a salon. It's beautiful. Has the wash bowl, swivel chair, etc. It's all tax free and she stops at a certain time each day and does not do it at night unless its a must. She is taking in some big time money, tax free. Before she got the salon, she just did it in her kitchen. She also sells products too.

toni, its raining here now too. Supposed to get cold this week.

Crystle, looks like you all have a plan and it sounds so good. We have to find something that works for life and is not a "diet".

Scrappin, glad you are back on track and here with us.

Ashbee, hope you will join our group. It is a great group of ladies with lots of info.

Got to run, we are doing a bid and it is getting busy. Have a great one. Be back when I can.

Toni48
12-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Just popping in to say howdy. We're getting ready to go grocery shopping. Can't wait for the Biggest Loser finale tonight. Hope you're having a good day.....

Solly
12-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Toni, who are you going to vote for? I really like Amanda. Something about Liz gets on my nerves, just can't put my finer on it. But she has done a great job for being in her 50's.

Going to be off tomorrow. Don't have much planned but will find something to do.

Talk to you all Monday.

CountryMom4Him
12-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Good afternoon. It is beautiful outside, cold but beautiful. Tomorrow there is a small chance of snow. That is amazing. We've had snow once in the last 21 years and it was last year. Robert is being a better eater than I am but I'm getting there. :)

Solly...Liz was so vindictive earlier in the show it really tainted how I feel about her. I hope Amanda makes it but I think one of the men is going to win it.

Toni...I didn't realize the finally was tonight. I'm glad you told me so I don't miss it.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
12-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Crystle- I don't think the finalle is until next Tues. Sorry that got mixed up.

Solly- I'm voteing for Amanda. But I really think one of the guys is going to win. But my DH voted for Liz. So poop.

Got my shopping done. I'm beat but glad we went.

CountryMom4Him
12-04-2009, 05:09 PM
:) Cold and getting colder today. The boys are having a blast playing in the little flurries that we are having today. We had some swiss chard and eggs for breakfast this morning. We all like it except the youngest and he pulled a fast one on me. He waited until I left the room and put it in the trash...err :) He said he was full.

Hope ya'll are having super day.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
12-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Hello. Good evening on such a cold day. Brrrr...... I just can't seem to get warm. Wish we still had our wood stove. Lunch and breakfast were one and I had shredded wheat and a half of banana and thats been all today. Turkey soup for dinner.

Crystle- I love your breakfasts, paired with vegetables. That sounds so tasty. I haven't had swiss chard for years and don't even remember how to cook it. But I'm sure I would love it. Your little one is a cutie.......

Hope everyone has a good week end. Not much planned here....

Solly
12-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi ladies,

Things have slowed down here I see. Had a quiet weekend. I have a cold and Friday it hit me hard. Plus we had to take the baby to the dr and he has an ear infection. So we basically just stayed in the house all weekend. I ventured out for a couple horus yesterday but didn't accomplish much. We are going to Nashville in a couple weeks so I will wait and see what they want at the Opry Mills Mall and after that, they get money.

Toni, I agree, I think one of the men will win it. I love the finale. I just love the transformation of these people. Wish it would motivate me. There is so much going on right now and it seems food is involved in everthing. I haven't gotten back to the gym yet and with the way I feel, not wanting to either. I could not warm up last night either. I finally had to get in the hot tub to settle my legs and warm up. Then I did not want to get out into the cold again, but it was better.

Crystle, I got a good laugh out of your little one. I sure hope he doesn't starve. I have a feeling he will be doing that alot. We had snow flurries today and traffic was a mess. I can't imagine what it will be when we get a big one.

I will try to be ther as much as I can. we are so busy this month with bids, etc. and I am off Thursday and Friday this week to babysit. So if you don't hear from me for a few days, know I have not deserted you guys.

Have a great one.

THE BIG ORANGE BABE
12-07-2009, 08:57 PM
HEY KIDDO'S!!!
Just running through tonight, but will get on here tomorrow and fill y'all in on everything.

BOB

Toni48
12-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Just popping in. Been lazy today but eating has been pretty good. Will post more tomorrow.

Ellen
12-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Hello everyone! Sorry I have been MIA again. Tom and I finally took a vacation this past week and spent four days in Naples, Florida, and three in St. Petersburg. It was wonderful. The weather was perfect in Naples, and terribly rainy in St. Pete. Tom was attending a conference for tree climbers, so it was not good that it rained. You can't climb in the rain. It finally cleared on Saturday and they were able to do some climbing. I (surprise surprise!) ended up cooking dinner for everyone Saturday night. I made lasagna for the group and for those of us gluten free folks, I made a faux-sagna. I used zucchini in place of the noodles and loaded it with spinach, mushrooms and broccoli. It was awesome! I did not miss the pasta a bit.

Anyway, we are home now. I did a lot of walking and water aerobics while gone but have not gotten on the scale as we just got in this afternoon. I hope I did not gain anything while we were gone. I ate a lot of seafood....

Hope everyone is well. I will try and post more later.... :grouphug:

CountryMom4Him
12-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Well, yesterday was my 45th b-day and it was wonderful. I was able to spend the day with family and friends. My grand son stayed awake most of my visit in the morning so that was a real treat. Eating was pretty good. I made a new recipe for brunch. It wasn't SB legal but it was Crystle legal..LOL I made an egg dish called migas. It's basically eggs and tortillas. The family really liked them so I will be making them again. Next time I'll incorporate some swish chard in them to stretch the dish without so many calories.

The freeze smashed my beets the other night but most of the other greens look okay from a distance. I haven't been brave enough to go up close yet.

How awesome to see Ellen and Bob at the board. ((hugzz))

Solly...I'm so sorry that you are feeling under the weather. Hang in there. ((hugzz)) Don't work too hard this month. Find some you time. You are worth it.

Toni...thank you. I like using veggies for breakfast and dinner because we rarely get any at lunch. Lunch is the one time of day I let the kids find their own things to munch on. My youngest is the most innovative. Sometimes he makes apple, banana and peanut butter sandwiches. Lately his favorite is a couple of burritos with Louisiana hot sauce on them. My other son often looks in the fridge and whines..LOL He is so spoiled to being catered to.

((Everybody))

God bless,

Crystle

Toni48
12-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Good evening everyone. Boy we're supposed to get cold high winds tomorrow and maybe some snow. Wish I could have got my hair cut today instead of cold tomorrow. I do want to go by the market and get some black beans to make Bob's spicy black bean soup. Tonight is chili dogs.

Bob- Its so good to see you posting. Hope you come back and tell us how things are going.

Ellen- That's so good you had a nice vacation. I would have had that zucchini lasagna in a minute. That was nice of you to cook for everyone.

Crystle- Happy Birthday late...:bday2you: Hope you enjoyed your day. We usually have a big breakfast late then dinner and skip lunch. We're still on that night schedule Steve had before he retired.

Well guess I'll have some more of this good hot tea. Have a good evening.

Toni48
12-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Wow Danny just won on the Biggest Loser. It was a good show. They all did very well and it was inspiring.

CountryMom4Him
12-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I am a bad girl, but it's all Robert's fault. :) He brought donuts home last night. There was a chocolate glazed that had my name on it. At least I waited until breakfast, right?

Toni...Danny looks so different but good. A couple of the ladies were really thin. I was hoping Tracy would win the at home. She was one of the ones I thought got a bit too thin. She looked tired and her hair seemed thinner. I'm glad that Shay will get to come back next season.

Solly...hope you are having a good day and not working too hard.

((Everybody))

Love,
Crystle

Toni48
12-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Good morning. Had a busy day yesterday so didn't even turn my computer on. Went to a friends house for dinner and didn't do so well on the eating. Its such a treat to have someone else cook a good hot meal instead of it being me. I just ate what was on the table. Which included little cheddar biscuits. So back to good eating today.

Crystle- Guess we didn't do so good on the eating. Well we've got the rest of the day to do good.

Its really cold today. And I'm sure you all got that wind yesterday. Brrrrrr.....
Have a happy day....

Mercee
12-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi ladies;

You sure are hard to find. What happened to Sugar Busters having their own thread? Anyway I am back after some years of being off. I use to post under Mercy and then had to change to Mercee because by the time I started posting again it was gone. Oh well. (it has been years, I remember BOB and Solly back when she was Jackee or something like that) I am doing Sugar Busters again to help get my diabetes under good control. My last A1c was 7.5. Before when I did SB I came off all my meds plus lost weight.My a1c use to be 5. I am ready to start again and I would love to post here again. I also see some of you you guys are big fans of The Biggest Loser. So am I. Anyway I am here to stay.

Toni48
12-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Welcome back Mercee :welcome:: Its so good to see you posting again. I remember you. There wasn't enough of us posting that would could keep our own board. We hated it but here we are. So glad you are here with us.

Mercee
12-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Toni- Thanks for the welcome back. I am glad you guys are still here. I follow the sugar busters plan and the G.I. diet. I am looking forward to posting here on a regular basis. Have a great weekend.

CountryMom4Him
12-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Hope ya'll are having a good day. Eating has been good today. Yesterday not so good. I'm disappointed that I'm at 190 and not going down any...my own doing but still disappointed in myself. Very stressed today but staying out of the kitchen so that is good.

((Everybody))

Glad you found the board Mercee. Welcome back.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
12-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Hope everyone is fine. All is well here. Getting ready to make some cheese soup for dinner. Not to legal but good on a dreary night. Its been raining and cold all day. I did do something good. I bought some peanut brittle today for me. But before I opened decieded to send it to my son in Iraq rather than eat that sugar. He'll love it and its one less thing for me to eat. Boy are the holidays hard.

Crystle-You'll lose its just going to take a little time. Hang in there. Hope you did well today.

CountryMom4Him
12-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Legal is not in my vocabulary. I've been eating beyond poorly. Robert's surgery was pushed back but not until after they put him to sleep..err. But it's alright. God knows what's best for him.

Some spicy chicken is cooking in the oven and I'm gonna make some broccoli to go with it. Maybe some rice with butter also because everybody loves it.

I hope the quiet board means everyone is doing well.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
12-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Howdy... I'm just plain lazy today. Eating hasn't been great for me. We had hot dogs on wheat buns for dinner. Was lazy in that dept. too.

Crystle- Your spicey chicken sounds so good. Sorry about Roberts surgery. Thats a heck of a time to deciede not to do it. After he was asleep. Where is everyone? I just think its this time of year and everyone will be back on the first gunho to go.

Mercee
12-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Morning all,

Toni - Your soup sounds great one of my sons would love it, (He loves cheese.)

Crystle- I love spicy foods that chicken would be right up my alley.LOL

Things are going well for me my problem is I have to workout tonight. I missed last night I was to tired. my eating has been good. I hope all is well
with everyone. Have a great day .

CountryMom4Him
12-15-2009, 10:53 AM
It is wet and cool this morning. They say we can expect this for most of the week. But I'm inside and the coffee is hot. :) Almost time to make breakfast. I guess making a good choice from the start will impact my whole day. I really do want to do better.

Mercee...hope you enjoy your workout tonight. I need to get moving.

Toni...I think it is the time of year. I tend to be lazier in the winter months.

((Everybody)) Hope ya'll have a SUPER day.

God bless,
Crystle

Solly
12-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Hi ladies,

I am going to start this post and see how far I can get. We are bidding a job today and it will get crazy soon. I have been swamped here and then I was off Thursday & Friday to babysit my GS. Then it turned out his daddy got a bad bug and was throwing up every 3 minutes. So I had to go back and get him and keep him 2 more days. I am not complaining b/c I love it, but wow it wore me out. I have been having terrible pain in my arms and hands (total numbness) mostly at night and it usually gets to bad by 2:00 am that I have to get up. It takes about 1 hr for the numbness to go away and when I go back to bed and lay on my side, it starts all over again so I just stay up. So needless to day, I am exhausted. Trying to shop is wearing me out so I think they are going to get money with what little I do have for them. I can semi control the numbness in the day time as I am using my hands a lot. I can quit writing or using the mouse for awhile and it goes away. I despartely need an epidural, but with our change in insure I am trying to wait until January. I hope I can stand it that long. We are going to Nashville Sat & Sun. My DD wants to go there and see the lights at Opryland Hotel. It is simply beautiful, but I think we need our head examined this time of year. My DD doesn't even have her tree and will probably not get one up. Needless to say, I am very down and eating is out of control. I won't even go near the scale. Sunday we baked all day so I have all that stuff calling my name 24/7.

Crystle, I must have missed why Robert was having surgery. It was a shame they had to stop. Sending prayers his way. I hear you about the do-nut. All that fudge and sugared pecans just call me and call me. I agree with you about Tracy, I thought she looked terribly thin. I didn't like Rebecca as a blonde and I thought she acted a little cocky too. Danny deserved to win. I knew it would be him or Rudy.

Toni, lazy is my name right now. In fact, I think we will be having hot dogs tonight for dinner. Just not in the mood for food or cooking (at least food that is good for me). I save the BL finale so I can go back and get some motivation. Ha-ha. I need to watch it 24 hrs a day right now.

Mercee, welcome back. I do remember you. Sounds like you are doing a great job. Keep it up.

Ellen, how nice that you got to take a vacation and somewhere warm too. Hope you will be on here more. We miss you.

BOB, I saw your note, but you never came back. Come on girl.

You would not believe all the goodies pouring in this office right now. It is sinfull. We will be taking some fruit baskets down to the homeless shelters as we get so much stuff.

Better go work on this bid. Hope to be back tomorrow.

Toni48
12-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Good afternoon all. Was busy yesterday with grocery shopping and stuff. Got a ham for Christmas. The store was crowded with Christmas shoppers. We can't do much this year due to finances. But are making it merry anyway. I still have to make out my cards today and get them off tomorrow. So much to do so little time. LOL

Solly- Sounds like you've been busy. Eating for me has not been good. I'm just going to ride it out till the 1st. You're such a good Grandma. What a wonderful thing to do with the fruit baskets.

Crystle- Hope you're doing good.

Mercee-You're doing so good. Keep it up....

NurseDee
12-16-2009, 10:30 PM
This is a cross-post, so please excuse if you've seen this before, but I'm so glad I finally found you folks! (PS made it through day 3, headaches, lethargy, and overall yuckiness and all! :) )

Hello, everyone!

I'm on day 3 of sb and I'm having some really hard detox time right
now. It would help me a lot to hear about the progress you have made.
I lost about 75 pounds with Weight Watchers (actually, I lost about 90
and gained back the difference). I am diabetic and was doing pretty
well after spending time at a wellness center in California. Got off
of my oral meds but then got sloppy with my eating and kept justifying
a high sugar way of life to myself until I ended up on insulin. I took
it at mealtimes only but what a stupid mistake!! The weight just WON'T
come off and it's a real struggle. So I had my moment of truth and
came to the conclusion that this HAS to be my way of life if I am ever
to regain my health (I still have 160 lbs. to lose). I'm already off
my insulin (yay!) and my FBS has dropped 20+ points since I started to
a respectable 124 this morning. I expect that it will continue to go
down if I stay faithful to the plan. I just need some reinforcement
during my time of weakness! High stress lately and I'm working on that
too. Thanks in advance, and all the best to everyone here!

Dee

scrappinhut
12-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Dee,

Congrats!! You are doing awesome!!! It does work and it will keep working!! I think the biggest thing for me is moments of weakness. But moments go by quick. And when they are over I forgive myself and get right back on track.

God Bless and Good Luck!!

Solly
12-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi ladies,

Busy, busy day yesterday and tomorrow will be worse so I probablywon't be here. We have a large bid going in and our CHristmas party afterwards. Actully, it starts before we will ever get there. Depending on the outcome of the bid, we may not even make it. We leave for Nashville on Sat. Theya re calling for snow here so I will be glad to miss that.

Eating is still horrible.

Toni, will you have any family coming to your house or do you go any where?

Nurse Dee - Welcome to our group. I originally lost 105 lbs on SB. Went through chemo and gained back 30 and since have put about 10 more on. Struggeling right now, but I am having lots of health issues. This WOE works, my best advise is to be prepared and plan ahead. Good luck. We have another diabetic here, Ellen, hopefully she will give you some good help.

Scrappinhut, good to see your post.

Probably won't talk to you guys until Monday. Have a great weekend. :hug:

NurseDee
12-17-2009, 11:07 AM
What a wonderful, friendly bunch! Thanks for the welcome, Scrappinhut and Solly.

It's **COLD** here in NY today - 16 degrees and windy! Time to turn on the pellet stove and keep my sweater on. The fuel bills will be terrifying...

Well, I've made it to day 4 and this was the first day that I could wake up before noon. I'm hoping this signals that I'm on the detox upswing. I wouldn't say I feel great today, but I do sense a smidgen of improvement. Time to start getting better now!

Yes, Solly! Planning ahead is essential. I work at home and don't know HOW you guys hold on in the workplace at this time of the year. It's hard enough having the kitchen in the next room but at least I can control what goes into it. I'm sending <<<hang on>>> vibes your way! Wow! 105 lbs!!! May I ask how long it took you to lose it? I'm sorry for your gain difficulties, Solly. I, too, have lots of health issues and, at 52, I'm scared enough to make another attempt to buckle down again. I don't see a lot of 300-lb 60 year olds. :( I have young children and they need their Mom. Let's all take a moment to re-focus on what we want here: to be healthy and feel good again (and looking better can't hurt, let's be honest!!). I'm comparing my blood sugars for this week to what they were last week (when I was on insulin and not doing SB) and the change is so phenomenal already I can't believe it. I hope that my pancreas calms down soon and my circulating insulin levels will drop and maybe I can start on a weight loss slope again!

Ellen, wherever you are, I would love to hear from you and your SB journey with diabetes.

Hugs to you all!
Dee

NurseDee
12-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Speaking of planning ahead...

What's for dinner tonight?

I'm trying the chili dog casserole from the recipe board. Sounds like a good plan for this frigid day.

I'd love to hear what you guys make for your meals. I have been having a large scrambled egg/chopped bacon/onion/spinach/cheddar bowl for brunch with a serving of strawberries beforehand. 1 oz. of almonds in the afternoon, whatever I make for dinner, an apple after dinner and decaf coffee or iced coffee (sometimes with milk and other times iced or hot with Truvia and DaVinci syrups) throughout the day. If I really need a snack I'll have some string cheese or turkey pepperoni or a bowl of steamed broccoli with canola or sesame oil and cajun seasoning. Amazingly, though, this WOE really DOES reduce the cravings. I'm eating about 1400-1500 calories a day and I'm not NEARLY as hungry when I'm not eating 3 Musketeers Bars all day long! Imagine that! ;) - I'd like to hear some ideas from you about what works for you. I love to cook and experiment and would love to hear some of your favorite recipes.

Thanks again!

Dee

Toni48
12-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Can't believe its 10 at night and I'm just getting on here. Sounds like the board has been busy. How great. Eating has been pretty good today. DH made a pork tenderloin in our rotisserie for dinner and we just had some cottage cheese with that. Made a simple and yummy dinner. Plus I felt like a queen bee not having to do the clean up and stuff. We might get a little snow tomorrow. But probably just rain. We're hopeing for a white Christmas here.

NurseDee- So glad you're here. And what an inspiration you are. So glad you've got 4 good days in. You can do this. I've let myself slip through the year and am dreading ending it the same as I started out. I refuse to do this another year. So I'm going to lose!!! What I need in my life is some exercise. Or to just get moving. Hope you stay. This is a great bunch of women here.

Solly- We're alone this year. One nice thing is my DS will be home from Iraq next month. I'm so happy for him and his family. I probably won't get to see him for a few months. I heard you might get snow. Hope not allot. Now don't get to busy to enjoy the holidays.

Scrappinhut- Howdy gal. Good to see you posting.

scrappinhut
12-18-2009, 05:15 AM
What is WOE?

scrappinhut
12-18-2009, 05:20 AM
I have been SO busy forgot to mention that I started going to the gym. I made it 7 days in a row. Doing a minimum of 40 mins. of cardio each time and signed a 1 year gym membership today. Eating is pretty bad with the holidays but if I get the gym routine down pat right now I can fix the eating after the first when things slow down and there is time to plan and I have more control.

Solly
12-18-2009, 08:34 AM
NurseDee, If you want cooking ideas, Ellen is the lady for you. She is a wonderful cook and always is cooking for large groups. You inspire me with how prepared you are and getting menues off the recipe boards. Once Christmas is over I am seriously buckeling down and losing this. We will all start posting our meals. It really does help.

Toni, Sometimes being alone is a good thing. We will have 25 this year and half of them little kids. By the time they leave I am ready for them to go. I'm so happy that your son will be home next month. Is that it for him, I hope.

Scrappinhut. Sorry, WOE is Way of Eating. 7 days at the gym is wonderful. The most I could ever do was 5. I will be back there hopefully the week after Christmas faithfully.

Got to get busy on this job. Have a great day

happynow
12-18-2009, 01:27 PM
hi everyone,

just wanted to wish everybody a merry christmas and a HEALTHY slimmer new year! things are going to be hectic next week so i am sending my wishes now. this monday we are traveling with our church group to our sister parish in jackson,ky. we are taking gifts amd i am sure lots of treats, guess i will pack my own healthy snacks. visits to this part of appalachia makes you appreciate all the blessings we have here in cincinnati.

my weight is still slowly coming off, i am now a comfortable size 16, (much better than the 22w i was last christmas!) my sugars are coming down slower, will see the doctor after christmas to see if i need to go back on insulin until they are better controlled. as a retired RN i need to stop diagnosing myself.

welcome to the new posters, this plan does work, the support board is a big help, 5 years ago when i lived in florida we even got together for visits!

have presents to wrap, cards to mail and YIKES a few cookies to bake...

chris

Toni48
12-18-2009, 02:44 PM
DH and I stayed up late last night so we slept late today. So I'm getting a really late start. Haven't eaten yet so don't know how that will be. We're going to put a boneless turkey breast on our rotisserie today for dinner so we'll have lots of healthy meat here. Pair it with a salad and a veggie and we've got it made. I'll have to just do the best I can and hopefully when the holidays is over I'll be ready.

scrappinhut- WOE means way of eating. Like eating the right foods. Doing sugar busters. Good for you going to the gym. That's so great. I'd be glad if I was using my treadmill. Keep up the good work.

Solly- Lets just enjoy the holidays and plan for a good new year start. My gosh 25 people what a joyful Christmas. Looking forward here to a nice day with DH.

happynow- What a wonderful trip you have planned. Enjoy yourself and just do the best you can with eating but don't stress over it. You've done wonderful. Don't work to hard...

CountryMom4Him
12-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Talk about feeling guilty. I'm reading how good ya'll are being and I'm eating chips and salsa for lunch :) But nothing sweet so far so so good. I wish I could blame it on the holidays but it's plain old eating poorly for no good reason. Christmas dinner shouldn't be too bad because we are having fajitas. I use low carb tortillas instead of the whole wheat because they taste a little better and are lower in calories.

Welcome Nurse Dee. This truly is an awesome way of eating. When I stayed on plan I maintained for 4 years and when I went off it was a slow downward spiral. Initially I lost about 80 pounds. I've gained about half back in the last three years. Not the diets fault. All me. :) I hope you continue to have much success getting stronger and healthier.

Solly..I don't know if I mentioned why Robert is having surgery. He chopped off the tip of his finger. The infection is getting better and they have him scheduled for Monday. He is getting a skin graph to help the finger from hurting for the rest of his life.

Toni..I'm with you...We WILL do this. ((hugzz)) If I can get the emotional me in check I know the rest will follow.

scrappinhut...keep up the good work.

Happy Now...awesome on the new size. You are doing great.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
12-18-2009, 05:14 PM
There you are Crystle. We can do this. We've done it before. This coming year is going to be great...

CountryMom4Him
12-18-2009, 09:23 PM
You are so right Toni. Just coming to the board with everyone here encouraged me today. Dinner was wonderful and legal. :) I made some chicken breast pieces in a tomato sauce with some jalapeno stuffed green olives over whole wheat pasta, a side of cauliflower and a green salad. The boys were a little disappointed that it wasn't chicken tenders but I knew that would mean milk gravy along with the tenders and mashed potatoes. That would be way too many goodies to ignore.

I may not make it to the board Monday but I'm going to try. If I can come daily I know that the accountability as well as the moral support will benefit me and I hope ya'll.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

NurseDee
12-18-2009, 09:46 PM
:pHi, everybody!

I really look forward to making my way to this board, early or late! Today was good - stayed on plan. I haven't touched anything illegal for 5 days now! My blood sugar shows it, too. I'm SO encouraged about this WOE. Now the weekend is coming and I really have to watch out. Saturday is weigh-in day, and I'm not expecting much movement on the scale. I ate so badly right up until Monday, using a LOT of insulin, that I'm sure I packed in a few pounds. So even if I'm up a little I will not let it get me down. I have been so inactive for such a long time (still haven't exercised yet) that I know it will take more time. I'm amazed at my current state of mind and don't know where it came from but I'll take it, thank you very much!!

I wanted to share an UNBELIEVABLE recipe I tried tonight. It sounded no better than "OK" on paper, but let me tell you it was phenomenal. I thought I was eating at Olive Garden! I'll post it in the next message in case someone would like to have it without all of my blabbing...:D

NurseDee
12-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Tilapia Parmesan

1 lb tilapia fillets (I buy these at Trader Joe's)
1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbl butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp mayonnaise
1 tbl fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp celery salt

Cover broiling pan with foil and preheat broiler.

In a small bowl, mix together everything but the fish! Next, arrange fillets in a single layer on the pan and broil a few inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip the fillets over, and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove from the oven, and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes, or until the topping is browned, and fish flakes easily with a fork.

NurseDee
12-18-2009, 10:00 PM
There is so much more I'd like to say to you all - I like how you all talk with each other and no one feels excluded. I'm afraid I have to log out for the night, but I'll try to write more tomorrow. I'm so inspired by everyone's determination to address the "hard stuff". I had a great 5 days and I know I'll stumble eventually, so while I can I want to encourage everyone who isn't quite hitting the mark and feeling bad about it. For anyone who is struggling, do the best you can and forgive yourself and move on. Just keep coming back. As we all know deep down, this is THE way of life for most of us. Nothing else I know of can produce such results in such a healthy and manageable way. I strongly believe that this is a loving and supportive refuge for us all! Thanks everyone for the terrific welcome.

G'nite!
Dee

Toni48
12-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Wow are lots of people getting snow. I'm sitting here watching the weather channel. We had our roasted turkey breast with cottage cheese and applesauce for dinner and it was good. But I would much prefer a bone in turkey breast roasted in the oven. This was a three lb. boneless turkey breast we cooked.

NurseDee- Thanks for the recipe. I love new ones. I agree with you this is a way of life and I hate I fight it. Keep strong!

CountryMom-Your chicken sounds so good. I love spicey.... It sure does help coming here.... Guess everyone is busy busy.......

Have a happy day....

CountryMom4Him
12-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Good afternoon. What a blessing to come to the board and see postings on a weekend day. Nurse Dee I will have to try that recipe. I LOVE tilapia. This morning the challenge was not to eat homemade biscuits and sausage gravy with the guys. Instead I made myself a fried egg in a low carb tortilla with onion, jalapeno, tomato and half and avocado. Going the extra mile to make it a meal instead of jut a fried egg was worth it. I didn't feel left out or shorted. My hubby and I talked about how we are worth the extra effort.

Toni...I love turkey breast. We have a couple of whole birds in the freezer that I need to cut up and separate. Do find it more moist with the bone in or just better flavor?

We are heading to the grocery today so that we can get some more veggies. I may get a little fruit but I find I tend to waste it. Maybe now that I'm doing better it won't be so bad.

Nurse Dee...thank you for the encouragement. You have reminded me how much better emotionally things are with the sugar and starches out of my system. And I totally agree with you about the scales, you can't let the fluctuations get you down.

Praying ya'll have a WONDERFUL on plan weekend and if you get off a little just jump back on the wagon.

God bless,
Crystle

Solly
12-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi ladies,

We had an ice weekend in Nashville. We did the mall for about 6 hours. The wheelchair really helped. I felt odd but it saved my feet and legs. Later, my DD's feet were hurting so I walked and pushed her awhile. I also wore my boot so that helped. Opryland HOtel is so beautiful this time of year. I enjoyed seeing it.

Chris, what a wonderful thing you all are doing. It is always good to see how little others have. Congratulations on being in a 16 this year. Just think what size you may be in by next Christmas.

Toni, I am planning on starting next week instead of the new year. I will be on vacation all week so I plan on getting back in the gym. My eating may not be 100% since we are on vacation and DH likes to eat out. We got a dusting of snow this morning just ont he grass. I am glad we are not up east.

Crystle, good for you passing up those bisquits and gravy. I don't think I could have done that. Theya re my favorite. Yes, you are worth the extra work.

Nurse Dee, congrats on being legal 5 days. I hope you made it through the weekend. That's my hardest part. Stay OP as much as you can b/c once you go off, it is so easy to keep going off.

Funny, I did not want to post today. I am totally bummed out. My hands are totally numb and it is so frustrating. Plus work is horrible. There is one guy (new young guy) that thinks he is the boss and so rude and arrogant. I can't stand him and we had a run in this morning. I have tried everything but I have never worked with anyone like him. It just makes me not want to come to work. But I am glad I did post, you all have given me a boost. You all are so important to me. I have been here for over 5 years and made so many friends. New and old, I look forward to everyone's post.

Got to run, even typing is painful today. :hug:

Toni48
12-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Would you believe I just got done making a batch of candy. I need it to give as a gift tonight. But only made enough for the gift and no extras. Even if eating isn't great. I can't seem to stop eating badly.

Crystle- I think the bone in turkey has a better flavor and texture. I won't be cooking another boneless one. You did good passing the biscuits and gravy.

Solly- I'm so sorry you're hurting so bad. What a thing to go through the holidays with. Or anytime for that matter. It will be so great for you to have the time off and what a perfect time to get back on track. Good for you speaking up to that guy. I can't stand people like that.

Better get the laundry done. It has my Christmas sweatshirt I want to wear to our friends for dinner.

Mercee
12-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Good afternoon all:

I hope all is well with everyone.

Welcome Nurse Dee I am a diabetic also and Have been for 15 years. I love the SB way of living it is a great help with keeping things under control. (especially my blood sugars) I was off meds before after eating this way and I stopped that's why I am back. Keep uo the good work it will pay off.

Toni- I went grocery shopping this weekend and had our Saturday before Christmas breakfast with my family we had a wonderful time.

Welcome to Scrappinhut - This is a grat board.

Have a great day all

Mercee
12-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Solly- I hope you feel better soon and things at work improve for you.

Crystle- I hope you have agreat day.

I am still getting in the swing of posting again. I am pleased to report I have execercied 12 of the last 15 days. I am excited. Have a grat day all.

CountryMom4Him
12-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Howdy ya'll. ((Hugzz)) Robert came through his skin graph and is doing very well. His blood pressure shot up but is fine now. Eating has been good. Coming here with ya'll is helping a lot.

Solly...I am so sorry that you have a tooty for a new workmate. Nashville sounds really nice. I'm glad you decided to post. It truly is one of the blessing of my day so come here and see how everyone is doing.

Mercee...Thank you. I am having a great day. We just got home from the surgery center.

Toni..Are you getting snow? We are suppose to get really cold by Christmas. I wouldn't mind if we had one of our warmer years. :)

Nurse Dee...Hope you are having a good day.

Ellen, Happy Now and Bob...thinking of you guys..((hugzz))

God bless,
Crystle

Solly
12-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi, going to be a quick post as I am snowed under and trying to get done by tomorrow. We are off on Thursday and Friday of course.

Crystle, so glad Robert came through his surgery well. I hope all the pain is gone in his finger quickly. I too am hoping for a warm winter, but you have a better chance then I do.

Ellen & Bob, we are missing you

Got to run, have a great day :hug:
Finished up my shopping last night, or mostly stocking stuff. They will get money for the balance. I hate that, but they like it.

Toni, I hope you had a great time at your party. I am cooking a trukey breast in my crockpot. They seem to be juicer that way.

Mercee, you are doing a great job on your exercising. I hope you rub off on me.

CountryMom4Him
12-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Good afternoon. We had a wonderful breakfast this morning. I know corn tortillas aren't SB legal but we incorporate them into our plan. I made migas this morning. They had pablano peppers, cactus, avocado, onions and tomato with the eggs, tortillas and mexican cheese. Even Zachary kinda liked breakfast..LOL Okay he didn't really but the other guys loved it. :) It was very filling and I find that helps with not cheating.

It is nice and warm today but a front will be through here tomorrow and it's gonna get COLD. :dizzy:

Hope ya'll are having a blessed and wonderful day.

Love,
Crystle

NurseDee
12-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Happy Tuesday, all!

I'm sorry I slacked off over the weekend and Monday with my posting. I had the best of the intentions but it seems that when my DH is off I always end up being too busy to find the computer. Luckily I didn't find the 3 Musketeers Bar, either! Yep, I've been OP for 8 days now and not one piece of chocolate has passed my lips. Yesterday and today have been the hardest days so far - body in rebellion, I guess....but Saturday was my WI day and I lost 3.8 lbs! That's the most I've lost in about a year - so I'm greatly encouraged about that.

A question for the diabetics: when you get off your meds and your BSs drop at the beginning, do you experience any sort of rebound? Because my FBSs have been higher over the past 2 or 3 days. Over the weekend I actually had a pre-meal BS of 97 and I think I almost fainted! That's an equivalent to me of weighing *197* instead of my current 308! I haven't been in that neighborhood without medications in YEARS. I was thrilled! But now I see they've been inching up, though my diet has been substantially the same. I'm wondering if it is just my body getting used to it, or maybe it's the change coming on...don't know but I'd appreciate any feedback you might have on this. I have been a little more physically and emotionally hungry, but I'm trying to keep busy and stay the course.

We went out and cut our Christmas tree on Saturday - it's the first fresh tree we've had in over a decade. It's pressing up on the high ceilings of our living room and it is lovely to behold. A lot was selling any tree, any size, for $20 so we grabbed a really pretty one. We don't decorate till Christmas Eve. I have my Christmas foods planned out with alternatives for me so our dinner will go smoothly. I'll be OK, I think making the fudge and the cookies as long as I don't take that first bite. I'm making flavored meringues (raspberry, creme de menthe, and butter rum flavors with SF syrups and splenda) so I won't feel too deprived. I wonder what it would be like to lose weight over Christmas?! I've never don that in my life, I think.

Solly, I'm sorry you're having so much pain - I truly am. I think we all have some sort of pain being heavier but when it affects non-weight-bearing joints as well that must be debilitating. I hope you feel better soon.

Mercee, it's good to meet you! I look forward to hearing about your SB experiences as a diabetic and will be rooting for you all the way for success in the future! Tell me, what do you consider to be a good FBS for a diabetic in good range? I know that the a1c should be under 7, but I think I can do better than I am now.

Crystle, it sounds like you are winning lots of victories! Keep your eyes on the prize - you're doing great! I'm so glad your DH is on the mend. This can be a stressful enough time of year on its own, and I'm sure these events must make it doubly hard to maintain. BTW, any time you want to come cook at my house you'd be most welcome! ;) You sound like a fabulous cook.

Toni, you are brave to make candy and STRONG to only make what you give away! Great non-scale victory! You can do this! WE can do this!!

It's only 28 today but the wind is blowing so hard that we're approaching a wind-chill of 0. I am SO cold today! Feel like hibernating with comfort food but I made fish instead :) Much to do and the day is slipping away...be well, everybody, and I look forward to seeing you soon!

D

Ellen
12-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Hello everyone! Thought I would check in. I have nothing exciting to report. Just the same old same old. Eating has been so so, and I am struggling with balancing the diabetic issues and not eating gluten. I tried to eat something with wheat the other day and felt SO sick! It was the confirmation I needed to carry on.

We are having Christmas here, as usual, so I will be doing some baking tomorrow. I am making a few gluten free things, like a pie, and maybe some kind of bread to go with the meal. I already made my canned fried onion substitute.... :) Green bean casserole, oh yeah baby! :)

Happy Holidays to you all!

Solly
12-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Just wanted to pop in and wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year. I will not be back on here until the 4th of Jan. I will miss everyone. Hopefully I will be able to report I have been back to the gym and eating is good.

Ellen so good to see your post. Please post more often. Merry Christmas, enjoy those grandbabies.

Crystle, I get such a kick out of Zachary. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Toni, hope you and your Dh have a wonder Christmas together. I hope you get to talk to your son.

Nurse Dee, you are doing fantastic. You inspire me. You have made it this long, don't slip up now. Fudge is hard to resist. Merry Christmas.

Everyone of you mean so much to me. I could not do this without your support and friendship. When I count my blessing, I count all of you.

Merry Christmas!

Jackie

CountryMom4Him
12-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Good morning. I am one full cookie. Breakfast was broccoli with hamburger in a low carb tortilla. Something funny happened while I was cooking it this morning. When I threw the jalapenos in the pan it put off such a gas I was coughing and my throat was burning. All these years and I've never had that happen. It was toasty for a jalapeno. :) But not so toasty they couldn't eat it. Robert says I have an asbestos mouth, I don''t..LOL Just eat hotter foods than they do. I think it's my southern and cajun roots. We grew up eating pickled cayenne and red pepper. When we moved to Texas we were introduced to salsa and all kinds of wonderful peppers.

Are ya'll ready for the holidays? We went simple this year and I very much am ready to see the kiddos faces Christmas morning. Zachary has been feeling his brother's stocking for a week now..LOL It's mostly dollar store things but every year they act just as tickled as if I had spent a hundred dollars. I am so blessed at ages 16 and 12 they are still so full of joy. Food is Tex Mex. My mom is a little disappointed that isn't traditional but then again we aren't traditional. :)

Robert is going to the doctor this afternoon and we are praying and believing for a good report. He has been in some pain but other than that seems to be doing very well.

Nurse Dee...I just love reading your posts. Your enthusiasm is contagious. It makes me want to do better. Thanks for your kind words about my cooking. I am known as the cook in the family. I love my own cooking which is one reason I struggle so much with weight. One day I hope to have the skills that Ellen does in the kitchen. She cooks internationally. Plus she is artistic and I can imagine some of her feasts.

Solly...we will miss you next week. Have a fantastic and Merry Christmas. You too are an inspiration to me. I've enjoyed going on this journey with you over the years.

Toni...howdy lady. ((hugzz)) How are you doing?

Ellen...it was so good to see you post. It always brightens my day.

Bob...hope all is well with you and Kate. Merry Christmas.

Happy Now and Mercee...hope ya'll are doing well. ((hugzz))

((Everybody))

Gotta run.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
12-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh my gosh for the first time in ages I'm behind on posting. Everyone got ahead of me. LOL..... We took off yesterday and bought a prime rib for Christmas. We'll have our ham on New Years eve. I hope I can cook it good. Got a box from my son and daughter in law yesterday and there was stockings all stuffed in it so we've got the stockings hung. LOL Its so fun to open them on Christmas.

Mercee- Your breakfast with your family sounds so much fun.

Crystle- Oh wow I would love your Christmas dinner and that yummy breakfast. Sounds like your doing pretty good. I love to watch kids at Christmas and will miss watching our Grandsons this year. Glad Roberts graph came out good. And hope he gets rid of the pain soon. I'll pray for a good report for him too.

NurseDee- You go girl. Congrads on the great weight loss. You're such an inspiration. How fun to decorate the tree on Christmas eve. That would make such a nice tradition. Your baking sounds so good. Thats so smart making a sweet for you too.

Ellen- So glad to see you posting. Sure do miss seeing you here.

Solly- Hope you feel good over the holidays and aren't in pain. Enjoy your time off.

Merry Christmas all my dear friends here. You all mean so much to me.....

Toni48
12-25-2009, 02:43 PM
What a beautiful and wonderful Christmas morning we had. The snow was falling and the Christmas music was playing. How blessed we are. Now the apple pie just came out of the oven and the prime rib is roasting. I love this day. Hope you're all having a great day.

CountryMom4Him
12-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Good morning. Back to eating good. I had two days were I went off the wagon with some candy and fudge but this morning I'm determined to be faithful with a proper eating plan. I hope each of ya'll had a fantastic holiday.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

NurseDee
12-26-2009, 03:32 PM
A Merry and Blessed Christmas to you all!!

I hope you are all doing well! Did anybody hear a loud explosion and smell fire yesterday? If you did, it was me doing an exquisite crash-and-burn! Yep, I fell full-force off the wagon. I was SO prepared! I made my meringues and apple crisp, roasted Cornish hens, mashed sweet potatoes, made steamed green beans with garlic, onion and bacon, and left the homemade fudge, thumbprint cookies, rum crunch wreaths (don't even ASK for THAT recipe!), sausage balls, homemade knot rolls, sausage-apple cornbread stuffing, roasted potatoes and dessert torte for the rest of them. NOT!!! Wow my jump into oblivion was so fast and complete I didn't even see it coming!!! The little birdies are still circling over my head. I had everything but the roasted potatoes (she said, holding on to the remaining sliver of control). And this morning (I know I should have skipped it this week!) my weigh-in showed a *6.1 lb gain!!* I know that a lot of that is water because my feet are swollen for the first time in 3 weeks, but STILL - man!!! I'll have to say I earned it. Dang if everything didn't taste wonderful, I must admit! But I had such a full-body hangover this morning I could barely move. And you want to know the most ridiculous part?? My blood sugar was LOWER than it was YESTERDAY MORNING! In fact, it's the lowest that it's been in about a WEEK. That tells me something marvelous, though, in spite of all of the damage done : my cells are already becoming more receptive to insulin. So I have to take the good that I can and move on. I had eggs and turkey sausage while everybody ate their pancakes this morning and I had some of the sugar-free apple crisp (surprisingly good) to keep me even-keeled this afternoon. I'm back to committing again. If I'm gonna take a nose dive it might as well be on Christmas with delicacies. But it's done and the awful way I feel today only strengthens my commitment to get back to the tasks at hand. :)

We had a heavy wet snow last night and everything is a blanket of white today. Very pretty and peaceful and I'll be stuck at home until we can clear out. It's supposed to rain tonight so that should take care of it.

Hugs all around with best wishes for the blessings of the season! Let's all focus on what's REALLY important and enjoy the beauties of life and family.

Talk to you soon!
Dee

Toni48
12-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Slept in the morning and my whole day is crazy. Had breakfast at 2 LOL. It was sunny and all the snow has melted away.

Crystle-Good for you jumping right back to eating right. Proud of you!!!!

NurseDee- You go girl....... Way to go getting right back on.

Need to have a big dump of all the leftover sweets in my kitchen. Santa even put sugar free dark chocolate in my stocking. Along with Dots that I gave my hubby. I'm pointing in the right direction.

Enjoy the week end. The first is coming near.

CountryMom4Him
12-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Howdy ya'll. Not much going on in my neck of the woods. I do have some neat shares that's I'll start sharing next week. Little tips that come in my email.

NurseDee...you'll lose that weight before you know it. But I do relate to how discouraging it can be. As you pointed out good news is it's water weight so you won't have to wait long.

Toni...SF dark chocolate sounds wonderful. I LOVE dark chocolate.

((Everybody)) Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
12-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Guess I'd better get busy today. Theres lots to do in this ole house. First I need to make us a nice breakfast. DH is easy to cook for, anything with eggs he loves. But I on the other hand want something different. I'm tired of eggs and cereal. I like leftovers or something like that. So its hard for me to find something for breakfast. Thats why I'm so interested in Crystle's cooking. She has different stuff.

Crystle- Hope you're doing good. I'll welcome the tips you post.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you had a nice Christmas.

Toni48
12-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Went grocery shopping today. Got the stuff for healthy smoothies and also a bunch of fruit. I'm working towards eating right. I'm having such a hard time getting back on the wagon. LOL Hope you all had a good day.

NurseDee
12-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well, today is an improvement over yesterday. I was SO sick. I bypassed Dunkin Donuts (the family always gets something there after Church) and by the time I was home I was famished. Thinking I was doing a good turn, I opted for thinly sliced salami on triscuits with a little provolone. NOT A GOOD BODY EXPERIENCE! My stomach ached all night long and I had terrible heartburn and indigestion along with it. I tried to fix it at dinner by having a chicken breast and green beans and foregoing my beloved baked potato but then had a little leftover stuffing. Ah, not so bad. Had a bit of the apple crisp left and everything would have been fine if I hadn't gotten into a cup of chocolate chips (what is HAPPENING to me anyhow???). I was up till 4:30 this morning taking prevacid and DGL and it finally went away. No more salami for me!! Today I behaved at breakfast and had scrambled eggs Florentine with some cheese but then got into the dang Triscuits again (a definite trigger food and one I will NOT be buying again!). I'm making Reubens for dinner and even though I bought pumpernickel bread I'm going to have a breadless sandwich with some broccoli at dinner and maybe a smoothie later on tonight. Wow talk about finding it hard to get back on the horse!! I hear ya Toni. Thank you for reminding me about smoothies. Frozen blueberries in milk blended up with Truvia, SF Vanilla syrup and SF hazelnut syrup is like eating rich ice cream. I look forward to feeling better, because I feel like I've really done some damage to myself. Feelin' icky. Keep up the great efforts, Crystle and Toni, and best wishes to all here! Hope you all have a great New Year's.

CountryMom4Him
12-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Today was NOT a good eating day. Emotions are getting the best of me. But like all days, tomorrow is a new day and I /WE will do this. Hang in there ladies.

God bless,
Crystle

NurseDee
12-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Crystle,

We may have been separated at birth - my day was similar to yours. I polished off ALL of the Triscuits, revisited the chocolate and even had a piece of spice cake. Would anybody be surprised to know that my fasting blood sugar was sky high this morning? Carb city. Great. I get to detox all over again. I have actually found myself eating this junk simply to get it out of the house. Would it not have been better to throw it in the trash can instead??!! I'm still not that strong. Well, the spice cake remains but I am going to leave it. As long as I don't start I'm safe. These blood sugars are scaring and discouraging me. I will not go back on insulin!!

Hang in there, dear ladies. Better times are comin'.

Dee

CountryMom4Him
12-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Eating is better today. A few tortilla chips as a snack but the rest of the day has been low in calories and pretty much OP. Dinner is definitely OP, I made buffalo chili-spaghetti. :) I made buffalo chili and then stirred in some cooked whole wheat angel hair pasta. Usually it would be elbow macaroni for chili mac so we made the healthy switch. It taste really good and should be filling.

Nurse Dee praying that your numbers will come back down where they need to be. I completely understand about choosing between eating and tossing. Luckily we have a pig so I can justify tossing but there are have been many times I've ashamedly admit had to throw things away to keep from eating them. I am a snorker when it comes to some foods. My boys are good eaters but can be picky from time to time. I LOVE almost everything..LOL

Toni...are you staying warm? Is it snowing in your neck of the woods? We can do this. JUMP on the wagon and we will hold each other there.

Ellen, Chris, Bob, ((Everybody))...sending love and hugs to ya'll.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
12-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Well sitting here trying to figure out what to cook for dinner. We have prime rib left I need to use and I was thinking of making stir fry out of some of it. I would cut all the fat off and just use the meat. Also want to make a vegetable soup this week. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow so went out and mailed letters and stuff. I hope it melts off as soon as the last one did.

Crystle- Your dinner sounds so yummy. I wish I had a big bowl. You're so lucky to have a hog I would love one. But that would mean DH would have to get off his lazy rear and build a pen. LOL

Dee- Boy this is rough right now with all the goodies in the house. I've got rid of most of the sweets now. I hate I have a ham to deal with for New Years. Will probably freeze allot of it. You can do it....

Well guess I'll go read on 3fatchicks and drink my hot tea...

NurseDee
12-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Hi, Ladies!

Well! It looks like it was a pretty good day for all of us! Crystle, your dinner DOES sound yummy!! Care to post the recipe? I was good today. Didn't lick a crumb of the spice cake and didn't touch the chocolate. I had a few raisins, which I could have probably done without, and had some nuts and peanut butter throughout the day. I'm just following the basics from the SB doctors - don't worry about the calories to start, just try to stay OP with the right foods. I had brown rice with the chili, and I'll see how that affected my sugars in the morning. I'm not sure about that. I had a smoothie for breakfast (blueberry YUM) an apple later in the day, yogurt with applesauce another time, and still my pre-dinner blood sugar was 106. Fantastic! The morning ones will probably be high for a few days until my body calms down again, but I'm feeling pretty good. But I'm *C*O*L*D* tonight! it's 13 degrees with sustained high winds all day with a wind chill of 20 below zero!! Yikes! Definitely the coldest day we've had this season and then some. I can hear the boiler chugging away non-stop in the basement :( Heating bills, here we come!! Well, I'm off to bed. Congratulations on all of your great food choices! Nitey nite!

Dee

CountryMom4Him
12-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Good afternoon. It is a bit warmer today but I basically stay cold until spring. :) Good thing I don't live where it is really cold. Okay don't fall out of your chairs but I actually worked out yesterday. Yes, I got off my lazy duff and did two miles with Leslie Sansone. It really boosted me emotionally and I found that this morning I seemed to have more energy than normal. That being said I don't plan on working out today. But it was a start.

Breakfast was really filling. I made whole wheat pasta and egg with Parmesan cheese. You just put some olive oil in the pan..start the left over pasta...pour in some scrambles eggs...sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and let set up. It would have been better with a little sauce but it was good. Dinner is going to be turkey. I cut one in half this morning and seasoned with fajita seasoning, Cajun seasoning and some extra Cayenne. I put it in the pan with onions, bell pepper and celery with a smidge of water. With that I'm going to make Cayenne laced mashed sweet potatoes and maybe some rice. The guys haven't had white rice in a while. I just hope I can stay out of it because I know it would be so good with the drippings.

Looking forward to the new season of biggest loser next week. Are ya'll watchers?

Dee..I would love to share the recipe but I usually don't follow one. I'll tell you as best as I can remember. I just browned a pound of ground buffalo with some onions and bell peppers. I used one can of pinto beans and one can of great northern beans. I then added one can of tomato sauce and some water. Spices added were cumin, garlic, Cayenne and chili powder. I cook a pound of angel hair pasta but only used about 2/3. I reserved the rest for this mornings breakfast. It was extremely filling. I didn't get hungry for about 4 hours and then I'm not sure if it was hungry or the late night munchies. I DO get the nightly munchies. EXCELLENT job passing on the spice cake. I wasn't quite as good. My little one wanted to share his chocolates with me so I did have one. I told my hubby it really wasn't about the chocolate so much as he was willing to share and I wanted that moment with him.

Toni...LOL about your hubby and the hog pen. My son Jessie wanted a pig more than you can imagine. So his dad told him if he would build the pen we would purchase one and feed it until time to enjoy it. Jessie worked so hard and earned the money for the pen. We were so proud of him and he was so proud of his efforts. He feeds her and takes care of her. He left the gate open the other day and if it wasn't a sight with all of us trying to get her back into the back pasture. Robert had a hurt finger and could only point..I was in a dress and Jessie was muddy from head to toe. It was hilarious. Did you end up cooking the rest of your prime rib?

Well, I've went and written a short novel. Guess I'd better get off of this thing before you are all snoring.

((Everybody)) Miss those not posting but you are on my heart.

God bless,
Crystle

Toni48
12-30-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm so happy had a nice blueberry smoothie for my late breakfast. Thought about a slice of peanut butter toast to go with it but I skipped that. I'm thawing out some salmon to cook for dinner. I'm going to try so hard to start eating right as of today. Hope Solly was able to start eating right this week while shes off.

Crystle- Your meal ideas are over the top. I love them all. Stay out of that rice if its white. Thats so cool about Jesse raising the hog. I'm laughing thinking about you all chaseing that hog.

NurseDee-Thanks for the idea of having a blueberry smoothie. Mine was so good. I've got lots of frozen fruit in the freezer. Your eating has been super, keep up the good work.

Think its time to rest. Have a great afternoon. We got snow last night.

Ruthxxx
01-04-2010, 02:51 PM
This thread is now closed. Go to the 2010 Thread here. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/189693-were-busting-sugar-2010-a.html).