100 lb. Club - Crackers

View Full Version : Crackers

Butterfly50
10-01-2009, 08:38 PM
So I am goning to go grocery shopping tomorrow and would like to know what kind of Crackers do you like? I bought some wheat thins tonight.

Onederchic
10-01-2009, 08:40 PM
I get multigrain saltines, hehe :D

Jokan
10-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Hear, hear onderchick, I love those too!!

HaleyisLove
10-01-2009, 08:52 PM
I like the special K crackers, the tomato basil is good with laughing cow cheese and the regular ones are also really good

FitGirlyGirl
10-01-2009, 08:52 PM
I like the Special K crackers - especially the multigrain ones, though the tomato ones are good too, but I go through a box of tomato ones for about every 4 boxes of multigrain. All Bran crackers are pretty good too, but Special K multigrain are my favs

Onederchic
10-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Hear, hear onderchick, I love those too!!

Yay :D

hpnodat
10-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I agree with the special k multigrain crackers. They are very yummy.

Butterfly50
10-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I didnt know that Special K made Crackers I will check on them tomorrow. Thanks

HaleyisLove
10-01-2009, 09:46 PM
yes and the special K crackers are a pretty nice serving for not a whole lot of calories.. I love them... I did however buy reduced fat ritz crackers today because I was craving pepperoni and cheese crackers... so I got turkey pepperoni and 2 % cheese... I cant exactly do fat free... I just needed to satisfy a craving...in a healthier manner

CountingDown
10-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Wasa multi-grain - with Laughing Cow - YUM!

rockinrobin
10-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Crackers and me - we don't do so well together. Nu-uh. Especially those Wheat Thins. OMG. I could easily down a half a box of them in a matter of no time. And then the other half shortly thereafter.

I personally have to stay clear of crackers. It's one of the things I can't really do in moderation, so I choose not to do them at all. It's also a food that a "normal" portion just doesn't satisfy me, hence the reason I overeat them and can't do them in moderation.

nooch
10-02-2009, 12:47 AM
When I buy crackers, which I try not to because it's too easy to inhale them, I buy the thin-crisp-whatever-they-are triscuits. You get like 15 of them for 140 calories, and I eat them with hummus.

But I have to portion it out beforehand and then put both things away before I start eating or I will never, ever stop. Great snack if I can do it correctly!

Alana in Canada
10-02-2009, 12:52 AM
I love plain ol' saltines.

Too much, though, I've recently discovered. So, no crackers in this house for a long, long time.

HeyHeyGabby
10-02-2009, 01:00 AM
I usually eat Trader Joe brand Multigrain Crackers with plain hummus. Totally hits the spot.

Suezeeque
10-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Crackers and me - we don't do so well together. Nu-uh. Especially those Wheat Thins. OMG. I could easily down a half a box of them in a matter of no time. And then the other half shortly thereafter.

I personally have to stay clear of crackers. It's one of the things I can't really do in moderation, so I choose not to do them at all. It's also a food that a "normal" portion just doesn't satisfy me, hence the reason I overeat them and can't do them in moderation.

Ditto for me. Once I'm further along, in 2-3 months, I can maybe have them with four Laughing Cow's, a few baby tomatoes, and sliced zuchini or summer squash for a snack. Maybe.:devil:

Jadebatdog
10-02-2009, 02:10 AM
I love Wheatables and whole-grain Ritz :)

Pita09
10-02-2009, 06:10 AM
I love crackers and have no problem portioning them out and eating them only as a side dish to a sandwich or a part of a meal with laughing cow cheese and lean deli turkey. I buy Triscuits low-fat, Wheat Things Fiber Select, and Special K tomato basil.

JayEll
10-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Triscuits cracked pepper and olive oil. Yum! I don't have trouble stopping with them.

Jay

emilydreaming
10-02-2009, 08:49 AM
I love Trader Joe's savory thins, original or multigrain. They are super thin and crunchy and 4 or 5 of them will get me through a laughing cow cheese for a snack.

Butterfly50
10-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks everyone I will be looking at them tonight when I go Grocery shopping today. I thought they would go great with some tuna instead of Bread. But I will be checking out the laughing Cow Cheese too. I wish it was time already to go. Im Excited.

findingfawn
10-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I love the reduced fat wheat thins.. but I have an issue with not eating the whole box at a time. I can even dish out a serving and put them away and find myself in the box again in a few minutes!

cfmama
10-02-2009, 01:32 PM
wasa. Any flavour. I OVEREAT normal crackers.

Mango30
10-02-2009, 02:16 PM
I like wasa and also Akmak crackers. I just bought a box of Eating Right multigrain and flax water crackers...they are...eh...not that great. Wasa crackers go great with LC lite cheese and smoked oysters...yum!

Jae165
10-02-2009, 04:19 PM
I like the Special K Tomato and basil with pnb
I also like the toast wheat thins. They are pretty good with Lcow cheese.
I have been looking at the All Bran. Will have to try when they go on sale.

I don't have a problem pulling out a portion and putting the bag away and I don't eat them everyday. It's a nice quick snack when needed.

WildThings
10-02-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm another that can't have crackers. Wheat Thins are my absolute favorite though, with club cracks (really getting unhealthy) in a close second. I am pretty sure there have been several times in my life that I have emptied a box of Wheat Thins in less than a day. I just love, love, love them!

Thighs Be Gone
10-02-2009, 06:48 PM
I like Wasa...I like topping with Laughing Cow or F-Free cream cheese and sugar-free jam.

Thighs Be Gone
10-02-2009, 06:48 PM
BTW--Wasa are the only crackers I don't binge. Wheat thins--no way. I would eat the whole box.

jefferzzzz
10-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Wheat thins Garden Vegetable.. always with Laughing Cow light Garlic and Herb.

Butterfly50
10-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Ok I went shopping my Freezers is bulging with all the food I can barley get them closed . Buttt I did buy some laughing cow Cheese I got the garlic and Herb and then I found the Special K Crackers and made me sooo mad they only had one box on the shelf. But it will give me a good start to see if I like them. I figured next time I will try the Wasa and their is another one I wanted to try. But gonna take baby steps with them.

I did have some tuna and some wheat thins today for Lunch and that was good I like it better then Bread.

Thighs Be Gone
10-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Butterfly, it sounds like you are on the right track. It sounds like you are getting really excited about some of the food choices out there--and you know what? YOU SHOULD BE! I have found so many awesome alternatives to the horrible foods I used to gorge myself on. Have fun!

Lyn2007
10-02-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm late on this but for anyone interested, my faves are

Fiber Select Wheat Thins (regular flavor)
All Bran crackers
Thin Triscuits (Quattro Formaggio, yum)
wasa

But, if you are looking for something good to put tuna on, my favorite thing is slices of cucumber. Crunchy and they go so well with tuna! Thin slices of daikon radish, placed in ice water, are also yummy, sweet and crispy with tuna.

rockinrobin
10-03-2009, 06:48 AM
I like to put my tuna in crispy romaine lettuce leaves with red onions.

Or my tuna goes in a HUGE cut up salad.

Butterfly50
10-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Thighs be Gone yes i am getting excited. I didnt know their r so many choices out their . It is nice to have choices when you eat. And I like the fact that i dont feel hungry or like Im starving and I am eating normal foods that are jest better for me.

time2lose
10-03-2009, 01:07 PM
I love the Wheat Thins but, like Robin, have control issues. I get Keebler Townhouse Reduced Fat Crackers, 60 calories for 6 crackers, to have with Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges. I don't have a problem with the portions size of those. Go figure!

OOps, just noticed that I am late with this too! :)

Lots2Lose
10-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I like garden vegetable melba toast with a wedge of laughing cow cheese...not really a cracker, but kinda is... its yummy!

Butterfly50
10-03-2009, 03:15 PM
No Problem . Your not late Iam gonna make me a list of things I want to try so I will take all the suggestions any one has to offer. I had the Special k crackers today and they were great. Now the problems comes when my children wont stay out of them . They want to eat them as fast as I open a box.

SuchAPrettyFace
10-03-2009, 05:20 PM
I get Hint of Salt Triscuits, because they have fiber & not a lot of salt.

However, I have discovered they are a trigger food for me. So I don't get them very often. When I do, they're gone in a week. Can't do it. :dz:

funnycanadiangirl
10-04-2009, 10:39 AM
I also enjoy Wasa crackers, but my favourites are definitely low-sodium triscuits (I could literally eat them with anything!) and I also really enjoy Kashi's TLC crackers. The roasted garlic and thyme party crackers are really delicious, although I can only have a couple, and the 7 grain crackers are good too and you can have 15 in a 130 calorie serving.

The biggest problem I have with crackers is the need for cheese! :) Thank goodness for Babybel light and Laughing Cow!

wittleaway
10-04-2009, 10:04 PM
I agree. I used to have some soup with my crackers. Right now I have to keep my snacks to fruit. When the apple is done the snack is over.

scarletmeshell
10-07-2009, 01:41 PM
My name is Scarlet and I'm a cracker addict! Hey all the chickies and the few fine roosters! I have been gone for a bit. I haven't gained weight, but haven't lost any either. Time to get my flabby behind back in the saddle. I love, love crackers, did I mention I love crackers. Wasa is the only kind I can trust myself with. I've missed you all!