Faith Based Support Groups - Christian Encouragers ~ October

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers ~ October

CountingDown
10-01-2009, 08:16 PM
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Sweetcaroline
10-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Gary, I knew I would find you here. This is a beautiful forum, I should stop by more often. Tonight though I just wanted to tell you that I'm sending positive thoughts to you and your sister. It sounds like your family has pulled together in a beautiful way to support each other. Somehow the baseball thread just didn't seem right tonight... but I'll see you over there soon and I'll follow her progress here.
I pray for your strength. :hug:

Karen31
10-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Gary, Lots of good thoughts coming your way for you and your sister. I'll keep you in my prayers

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-01-2009, 10:12 PM
GARY ~ Nice of you to make some lasagnas for your sister during this time; I know that she will appreciate that a lot. Prayers going up for ANNIE that the swelling goes down quickly, and the pain eases for her tonight; plus for a speedy and comfortable recovery as well ... :hug:

THANKS, LAURIE ~ I have seen you and BARGOO and so many others here succeed; I should send him to this site ... :lol: Have a great trip -- lots of fun and rest too!!!

THANKS, BARGOO ~ what plan did your son use? Did he do calorie counting like you? I am re-doubling my efforts as well; writing everything down and counting calories too, just to make sure that I am not eating too much. I am also trying to watch what I am eating as well, as healthy as possible ... :D

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU ~ for your encouraging words; I really appreciate them, as some things can be so confusing. I know that I have to learn to stand up for myself too, and not let people walk all over me. I know that people mean well, but I have to do what is best for me and my life!

Take good care and hope you all have A FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow .... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:^prayers^ continue for you and yours ...

bargoo
10-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Rosebud, my son is diabetic so of course he had to watch his sugar intake. He does portion control and eats at regular times . He really didn't follow any formal diet, he is very aware of what he eats and what calorie counts are , though.He does exercise a lot, too.
As you already know I am a calorie counter and I plan every thing I am going to eat.If I don't plan ahead I will eat many more calories than I think am. Guessing just doesn't do it for me. I was always leery of WLS as I have seen many people go through WLS and regain. What a disappoinment that would be. it's bad enough if you regain after losing by diet alone. I am sure many people are successful with WLS I just happen to notice those who aren't.I have seen some people on these forums say that WLS didn't work for them. I suspect they didn't follow their doctor's orders. You can't have the surgery and expect to go back to old eating habits. This is true with any diet. I know I can never go back to eating 4 donuts for breakfast unless I want to go back to 200+ pounds.
Good luck, rosebud in whatever you decide to do.

Bootsie
10-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Today has been one of those days I need to think about what I am thankful for. Every time I turn around something goes wrong. At least I can post today without something going wrong, don't worry I just knocked on wood.
Gary praying for your sister, I hope they look at your sisters surgery swelling soon ,they might of left something in there like they did my friend. They had left a gauze and a clamp they did not take out inside of some sorts but that was on her intestines .
Rosebud I lost 90 pounds so I know it can be done but you need a partner to encourage you and weigh in front of, sure helps, one that is really serious about loosing weight. I find reading the Bible helps me so much each day, nourishing on the Lords words helps me control my eating bad habits. I have lost 6 of those pounds I gained, but I need a partner,too. If you just weigh once a week in front of someone, it helps you to loose weight!
My walking buddy said she was going to walk this morning , so I got up early and she never showed! I think I am going to have to find some other weigh of exercising, to wet to walk in the fields in the morning with the dogs , but I am not gripping, just need to find something else. Wish someone done yoga around here or gave dance lessons. I hate exercising by myself, I hate dieting by myself. BORING!!!!! There are so many big women around here ,looks like I could find someone who needed a partner, but all of them just talk about loosing weight don't want to get serious.

ronni62
10-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi, everyone! It's been such a busy week and I haven't had time to post, but I have taken time to read all your posts and pray for you all. As I was tearily reading Gary's posts about his sister and then all the wonderful responses, I realized that I need to start talking to my dad. I mean, we talk on the phone every couple days, but I don't talk to him about my faith. I know he knows I'm Christian, but he's so adamantly opposed to any talk of God or church that I haven't tried to talk to him about that in a very long time. He always got very angry when my sister or I would mention anything related to God or our faith. I'm just not sure how to handle it now as it's getting harder and harder for Dad to talk on the phone (his cancer is in the throat). I'm thinking about writing him a long letter and include a copy of Max Lucado's "He Did This Just for You." That way Dad can read as much as he wants, but maybe won't feel preached at. I just know I can't let him die without trying once more to share what Jesus did for him and I just have this feeling that Dad's not going to make it through this:cry:.

As far as everything else goes, it's rainy and cold here and that will make for a long football game tonight. I've been staying on plan very well this week:D and DS2 also said he's lost more weight and is down a total of 60 pounds now! If he's not careful, some cute little teeny-bopper will be chasing him around the school;) but, he has no time or desire to date anyone (whew!).

Well, gotta get going, as DH will be home soon and we must decide whether to eat here at home or have grilled chicken sandwiches at the game (I'm voting for the grilled chicken!). Hope you all have a great weekend! You'll be in my prayers!

Also, Rosebud-those pics of Numpster's new venture are great. Wish her the best-I'd love to be able to visit there someday. And, Karen, your pool will be wonderful! Gary, you and your sis are in my prayers. Laurie, have a great trip! Hi & :hug: for everyone else too!

EZMONEY
10-02-2009, 07:57 PM
REAL QUICK HERE ~ I will be back tonight or tomorrow...but I have posted up-date on my sister in the PRAYER WARRIORS...

RONNI ~ Send the book...do whatever you feel God is placing on your heart to sahre with your dad...and my dear friend...THAT!!!!! is all you can do...I hope the game was dry and fun!

BOOTSIE ~ Prayers for a buddy in your quest!!

Not enough time but I will be back soon....going to dinner...

pattygirl63
10-02-2009, 09:58 PM
I haven't been here in a while. All is going well. I am reading to catch up on everyone.

Gary- The Lord has kept you and your sister on my heart a lot and therefore in my prayers. I am so thankful that the cancer had not spread and they were able to take care of it. I went through that with my DH with prostate cance last year and was so thankful they could remove it. So I understand exactly what you and the family are feeling right now. Will keep her in my prayers.

Prayers continue for everyone else here as well.

Have a great weekend.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-02-2009, 10:05 PM
GARY ~ saw your post in the Prayer Warrior's thread; so glad that ANNIE is feeling better, laughing and joking around today; that's a very good sign that she will be OK ... prayers continue! :hug:

:hug:RONNIE ~ I agree with GARY about the book idea: go ahead and send it! You will feel so good that you did; and be assured that you did what you could without being offensive or pushy in any way. Who can harp about a gift, right? Good for you and your DS2 for keeping to plan and for him losing :carrot:60 lbs!!!:carrot: He should be very proud of himself for such an accomplishment ...

^PRAYERS^ continue for your DAD too; don't give up hope!!! Try to talk and spend as much time with him as you can; and yes, write and send letters or funny cards; and maybe some nice music or something like that. I do that with my brother; trying to encourage him whenever I can; I also sent him some EZ puzzle books just for fun.

Many people survive cancer; like our BARGOO here. My mother survived colon cancer (she passed away from something else 17 years later). Both my Dad and my SM have survived cancer, and two uncles have survived cancer as well (you know about Uncle Tom already). We had one Aunt who survived the first time and not the second, as they were late in catching it ... but while we know a few that don't make it, we know many more who do; and the greatest HOPE we have is that GOD looks after them one way or another! :hug:

BOOTSIE ~ there must be someone out there that you can have as a buddy in your area. We have lots of people here trying to lose weight too; but I haven't seen any clubs for them except the Curves exercise club; too costly for me, and a bit beyond my abilities right now. I think there is a 'walking club' here that meets once a week; sadly, I just found out yesterday that the place they meet in has lots of stairs. They are an issue for me too; but later on, maybe I'll be able to do them ... we'll pray that GOD will send you a 'Walking Partner' real soon! :D

THANKS BARGOO ~ that sounds awesome; yes, I was just looking at some info about Diabetic plans last night and today. Our dear friend, MEOWEE , put up a great article about MAGIC FOODS at the top of the Dieting with Obstacles Forum that I re-read yesterday, becuz I also found an article by a doctor that believes that sugar and simple carbs are the real cause of weight problems in many people like me (I have all the symptoms). My DH is a CARB BURNER (as he can eat them and stay thin); and I am fast starting to believe that I am a PROTEIN BURNER (meaning I need to eat more lean proteins and less carbs); so, I am re-designing my plan with that theory in mind -- will see in time if and how that helps ...

HI TRISH ~ glad to hear that your DH also survived PC; GOD is Good, and the doctors are doing great things these days too!

Kept OP really well today (credit moi) and got some more walking in today (kudos for that) as well! We couldn't get everything we needed yesterday becuz of road blocks and detours (due to badly-needed road repairs, so can't complain) yesterday, so we went back up town today, and found a way around them (albeit after a few tries). Things should be back to normal within the next couple of weeks.

:wave: HI to all our other CE Friends out there, and all our MIA's too ~ hope you are all having a FABULOUS FRIDAY NIGHT!!! Take good care of each other ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Bootsie
10-03-2009, 01:16 PM
It is raining here again! Yeah but that might mean having trouble to post again, or even getting here! Just wanted to stop by and say hi and Rosebud have you checked out that book Sugar Busters it has some common sense issues to loosing weight in it.

bargoo
10-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Rosebud, I have to watch carbs in myself, once sugar gets into my system my body cries MORE , MORE GIMME MORE. I am not diabetic as my son is, but sugar plays havoc with me and I love it . Put sugar on it and I will want it.

EZMONEY
10-03-2009, 08:27 PM
HI GALS ~ :)

Well I sent most of the day at the park with my great nephew's 3rd birthday party. Quite a large crowd. My niece brought over some pizzas from Costco last night to store in the garage fridge...I baked them for her while Angie was at bell choir practice and giving blood. We had a lot of fun.

Spent most of the day with my sister yesterday. Today she is about the same...according to my nieces....my kids and ex-wife went to see her after the party so I will go tomorrow after church. She seems to be in decent spirits. Keep those prayers coming for good news on Wednesday.

Going to have lasagna tonight. I made a small one for Angie and I when I made one for my sister and family yesterday....it is a beef and cheese one so I know there will be plenty for me..if it was my spinach one I would have to fight Angie for it ;)

BARGOO ~Isn't it funny how I can walk right by all the cupcakes and birthday cake today and not even want a taste...but have to chain myself to a chair to stay away from the pizza and chips...go figure.

BOOTSIE ~ Rain baby rain! Good for you...I hope it comes in the amounts and speed you need.

ROSEBUD ~I hope they get those roads fixed for you soon. I am loving it when I here you "walking"...you can do this...prayers for healthy legs dear!

SCOOTER ~ In case you get to check in...I hope you are having a great time!

TRISH ~Good to see you here, thank you for the prayers...thank ALL of you :hug:

Going to church in the morning....Angie has bells for both services...we will go to first service then to breakfast...she will go to second and I will probably go see my sister for a bit...

Have a great Sunday ladies :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-03-2009, 10:28 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ just had a relaxing type day at home, as it was cold and blah out. Did some laundry in the am; and then research on the net in the afternoon, but did get some of my toning work in as well. Had another good OP day, and ate well. DH was watching his Matrix series tonight while I was doing my thing. Looks like we won't be getting any sun until next Wednesday; gee, sure hope they are wrong about that ...

BOOTSIE ~ thanks, I checked out that plan; some similar ideas to the GI diet by Rick Gallop, and some other ones. I'm so glad you are getting that rain: DH and I asked GOD to send the xtra rain clouds we don't need down to Texas! ;)

THANKS BARGOO ~ I do have to watch my simple carb intake -- I don't eat many sweets anymore, but it's things like pasta and bread and such that I have to watch.

THANKS GARY ~ yah, I just keep trying to move more and more. I try to get some walking in every day; and extra walking in at least 3-4 days a week if I can. Yes, ^PRAYERS^ are continuing for ANNIE for a speedy recovery and good test results too.

Well, not much else going on around here; DH has hit the hay early (ya, he says that he's an old goat). :lol: He's one of those 'early 2 bed; early 2 rise' kind of people; but I go a bit later and get up a bit later too, but not that much. I like to stay up a bit later on the weekends, but usually fall asleep around 12 or 1 AM most nights.

Hope you all have a SUPER BLESSED SUNDAY tomorrow -- and take good care of each other ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Karen31
10-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Prayers continue for Annie, Gary. Lots of good thoughts coming your way for Wednesday.

Hello to everyone and Hugs and Prayers for everyone. I've been doing pretty good with my eating--- I tracked it all week on fitday -----but I didn't lose one pound! Which just confirms what I really already knew--- I need to move more!!!! But maybe this will be the motivation that I needed to get going.

Have aa great night everyone.

pattygirl63
10-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Hi Everyone. A quick one here as it is late and I need to hit sack so I can get up for church in the morning. It has been a quiet day, but seemed long for some reason. Not complaining just an observation as it was a good day.

Prayers still going for all of you. Y'all have a great Sunday.

Gary I pray as you spend time with your sister that she will begin to open up to you and open her heart to your spiritual guidance and that the Lord will give you the right things to say when it is time.

Nite all.

Bootsie
10-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I just went to a 4-H fish Fry and seen some friends there and I found out some terrible news. A police officer was going to a wreak, deer ran out in front of him, lost control of car and ran off and hit a tree, killed him. He left behind a wife , and 4 children, one of my cousins died, a man had a wreak in a plane in Inks lake and they think they may have found him, dead. My heart goes out to them all, so sad.
The eats were good and I made sure I did not get no more than what my plate could hold and I did not go back for second's but those Brown beans were so good!
I got my video gadget to work so I am learning to dance with the stars but I can tell you one thing I will never be able to move in places they move in or that fast! That one little girl sure can do the cha cha cha! Waiting for hubbie to go to bed so I can Cha Cha Cha! Rosebud wish you were here we could Cha! cha! cha! :dancer:

bargoo
10-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Bootsie so sorry for all the sad news , will be praying for the families left behind, that they will find the peace of God that passes all understanding.

EZMONEY
10-04-2009, 09:31 AM
BOOTSIE sending up prayers for all those lost and suffering.

ROSEBUD the only time I ever see 1am is when I get up to pee....ha!

TRISH thank-you...hope you got up for church...we are heading out soon

KAREN thank-you...I hope you find a way to move a bit more today.

Have a great day LADIES!

EZMONEY
10-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi BARGOO... we seem to post at the same time on a lot of Sundays...

Bootsie
10-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Good Morning! Today we are really suppose to get some much needed rain hope so ,heard it raining during the night. Planted my seed today to become a new me and can hardly wait to see what God has in store for me! Well got up late and got to go do the work. Everyone have a great day!

Bootsie
10-04-2009, 03:22 PM
I am having trouble staying on here, but wanted to let y'all know it has really been pouring down! Ha! I looked at my husband and told him I told ya God could do it! Didn't think he would did ya, now he has got to take me to Marfa hope for my Granddaughters birthday in November! Ha! I think we just need 1 more inch to make that 10 inches of rain!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-04-2009, 04:47 PM
THAT'S AWESOME NEWS, BOOTSIE ~ I'd love to be down there doing the CHA-CHA-CHA in the :rain: with ya!!! :lol: I knew that GOD heard our prayers ... but we just had to give Him time to get all those clouds down your way! That's nice that you won your bet with your DH and get to go on a trip to visit relatives ...

^Prayers^ sent up for all those families that have lost a dear loved one too.

GARY ~ ya, I'm a bit of a night owl compared to my DH; when I was younger (much younger), I would stay up even later than that, but now I need more sleep each night. You also work, so you need to go to sleep earlier -- when I worked, I was more like DH, going to bed really early and getting up before first light. :D

We are just having a relaxing day today. I had a mushroom omelette for my lunch; and we have a big chicken (did you guess?) in the oven with lots and lots of veggies. I sorted out my freezer to see what I have in there, and found one that needed to get into the pot pronto ... ;)

HOPE YOU ALL have a lovely, peaceful day ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug: and ^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ...

EZMONEY
10-04-2009, 05:42 PM
HI GALS ~:)

Angie is at a play, Alice In Wonderland, at a local theater. One of her students is in it and asked her to buy a ticket and come. She has seen a few of these over the years that her students are in and always enjoys them.

ROSEBUD...:D...I had a mushroom and garlic omelette this morning. Angie and I went to the French bakery between services. She had to play bells in both, when that happens we usually go to breakfast there, then go back and leave as soon as she has finished bells for 2nd service...and I am roasting a chicken for dinner tonight....with mashed potatoes and probably frozen corn.

BOOTSIE....I am so happy for all the rain :) I hope that "new me" seed grows and grows....

Well back to my ballgame :)

Imdedicated
10-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Good morning!
Hope you all had a blessed weekend! I saw Phillip, Craig and Dean in concert and they were such a blessing. Such annointed men...singing for Jesus!
Hope you all have a great day!

Karen31
10-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Good Morning! I thought that I would post a link to a video of the town that I am living in. It is really quite neat! In the video they will show you a BIG house that looks like it is white with a red roof. It has a drive under carport on the left side as you look at the picture. This house was my brothers house here in Carthage several years ago. It has 12 inch Marble walls and was built out of Carthage Marble. When he sold it they turned it into a Bed and Breakfast and they also have a vineyard with their own winery. A couple months back we went over there and they do give tours free of charge so it was really neat seeing what they did with my "Brothers" house. I will try to post some pictures of the that later..

http://www.visit-carthage.com/video.html

Bootsie
10-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Hi Karen bet that is awesome, will try to go to the site on this computer to see video but don't know if it will work. Calling for rain today, now my husband can hardly wait to get into the fields ,passing back and forth like a cat on a hot tin roof. Ha! Emailed my daughter to see when would be a good time to come Christmas or my granddaughters birthday. She is going to talk it over with family tonight. She wants me to come today! Ha! I sure do like this new book I been reading about sugar busters, it sure is helping me understand a-lot better how to take care of my body and understand to listen to body on what harms it and what is good for it. I love my dancing with the stars but I sure hope no one see's me trying to keep up with them! They would really have a belly laugh! That young girl on the cha cha cha has moves faster than my eye movements, unbelievable how she can move like that! Well best get going everyone have a FUN DAY this MONDAY!

suga0so0fly09
10-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Friends,
I am back. It has been such a trying time for me. I felt very lost because I have not posted or been caught up with you all. There has been so much going on these past weeks both at work and at home. My niece has moved in with us so we have been trying to deal with that. We feel is for the best! Anyway, just wanted to say hello and that I am back! Today I am starting my Fat Smash Diet Phase 1. I need to put that out there so it can help me stay motivated and focused! The first three days are the rough ones, but after that I feel im on a good routine. Please pray and root for me. I feel like I am finally able to restart now! In Jesus Name!! Much love and hugs to everyone!!! Suga is Back :)

Bootsie
10-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Welcome back Suga, how is your nephew getting along?

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-05-2009, 03:35 PM
:wave: SUGA ~ the most important thing is that you are back; and I will definitely pray about your new journey with the Fat Smash Plan. I have looked into that one too; along with the Sugar Busters plan that Bootsie mentioned. Since I am pre-diabetic and need to lose weight pronto (as my Doc says), the plans that I had the best success with in the past, were low-sugar and low-carb plans and high protein. The thing is that I need to do this permanently so I don't gain the weight back.

I designed my own plan back then, and am now in the process of re-writing it with the newly-gained knowledge that I have now. I am hoping that this will finally help me to get things under control, as I had stalled in the plan I was using, which worked for awhile. Apparently, this happens to a lot of people who have a lot of weight to lose, like me.

I really believe that I am a protein burner, and need less calories and carbs. Like Bootsie says, when you read the science behind plans like these, and the GI Diet by Rick Gallop, and The Gabriel Method, and other similar plans, you see why some people do better with these type of eating styles. As you all know, I have been researching WLS lately (as per my doctors request), and I have noticed that they put all their patients on low-calorie, low-carb plans before and after the Weight-Loss Surgery. I have found out a lot of interesting info just from reading about their experiences too ...

I missed the deadline of the referral but am not concerned about that becuz I didn't have enuff time to do any research first. I was wondering why they put such a short timeline (9 days) to respond to their 8-page questionnaire; and I suspect that is so you don't have too much time to think about the answers before you reply.

There are several things that I know would disqualify me for the surgery anyways (ie previous stomach ulcers, blood clot in my leg, vitamin deficiencies, emotional eating, past minor binging, etc). For emotional eating or binging, they require months of counselling before accepting you into the program; and the initial process takes up to a year just for consulting appointments, so it could be 2 years here before you actually have the surgery.

Thank goodness, that I have been able to overcome the binging for some time now; and in the last couple of years, have been working on why I try to drown my feelings and control my emotions with food. I now know what my triggers are and am taking steps to deal with those. The key thing is that we have to be honest with ourselves about those triggers and may have to take some harsh steps to deal with them. For me, this is of major importance becuz my health is paying a big price for these issues; well, for me, it has become a matter of life or death, if I don't address them now.

So now you all know what I am dealing with -- everyone has their own trials to deal with in this life. Some people face cancer or diabetes, or other serious issues; but for me and many others today, our excess weight has become like a life-threatening disease (this is how my doctor explains it). And, this can become very frightening to live with on a daily basis, but I thank GOD every day that I have Him and my Sweet JESUS to help me get through all of this.

I am trying to overcome years of mistakes now; and I hope I still have time to turn it all around before it's too late. I am also praying that GOD will grant me His mercy and grace, and healing power to help my body recover. I hope that we all can work on this together; that is why I love this site, and esp this thread of fellow Christians so much ...

Sorry for rambling so much, just sharing some of my thoughts with you all. Yes, this is a battle that we are waging, but we have a great leader guiding us along the way -- who loves us and cares for us; and, who will help carry us through to victory, right? Right ...

Did lots of laundry today; changed the bed linens and did light housechores that took up our morning. The landlord came early this AM and fixed our kitchen light with an even smaller, more energy-efficient light. DH has to do some touch-up of the paint, but that won't take much work. Had a good OP day so far too (credit moi).

DH and I went out for a walk after dinner last night; went a bit further this time. We have a big hill out front that sure gets you sweating; came home and had a shower ... ahhh ... so nice. I think DH will make a good walking coach, as he keeps trying to get me to go further each time, but I hope he doesn't overdo it. ;)

Take good care everyone and have a great evening too ... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-05-2009, 03:43 PM
KAREN ~ I can't watch the video either, so I'll have to wait for you to put up some pics, but that sounds really nice.

BOOTSIE ~ it would be awesome to spend Christmas or a birthday or even Thanksgiving with family; and can't wait to find out what the mystery 'seeds' are ...

HI PRINCESS CLE ~ hope you have a great day too!

GARY ~ our roast chicken dinner was fab; how was yours? ^Prayers^ continuing for ANNIE for good test results on Wednesday, and a comfortable and quick recovery ...

Salut ... :hug:

ronni62
10-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi, everyone! Gosh, what a busy few days-I haven't had time to post, but I have kept up with reading your posts and praying for you all.

Gary-prayers continue for your sis and you. You are such an inspiration to us all and I, for one, believe that you are having an important impact on Annie, whether it's easy to see right now or not. You and Angie are so devoted to each other, your families, and your Savior that it's apparent to even those of us who just know you by your posts, so your sister knows she can turn to you. The Holy Spirit is working on her!

As far as Friday's game, it was cold, raining, and DS2 somehow popped his kneecap out during pre-game practice. They called it a patellar subluxation and he's wearing a stabilizing brace and is on crutches for a few days, then physical therapy to keep the kneecap stable, but will have to wear the brace anytime he runs or plays sports (maybe indefinitely). But, we know it could have been much worse, so we're thanking God!

Rosebud-You have been so helpful to me these last few days. Your words to Gary about his sister have been exactly what I needed to hear as well regarding my dad's cancer and his lack of faith. You are wise and loving and I'm so glad you are part of our group. :hug:

Bootsie-We're now to the "rain, rain, go away" stage:lol: We were dry (but not in a drought like you were) for a long time, but now that the rain's started, it just won't quit! I'm glad you're going to get to go see your family, thanks to your rain! And, I know what you mean about not having a diet or work-out partner (thank goodness for 3fc). I've got friends who are thin and don't work at it and friends who are fat and don't want to do anything about it or hear about what I'm doing, so I don't have anyone near me to walk with or just share the struggle with. When my church's women's group put out a questionnaire asking what we wanted in our group, exercise and diet support was on the list of things to choose from, but apparently not enough women requested those type of programs, as nothing has been mentioned about it since. All I can say is to keep coming here, because we're all in this together!

Suga-glad to see you back!:hug:

Bargoo-I'm the same way with sugar-if I eat a little it's never enough. I'll just want more and more, whether it's ice cream or brownies or anything sweet. Along with that, I'm having trouble with overeating in the evenings and on the weekends right now. I'm almost like a bear getting ready for the winter hibernation, which is really bad.

:hug: & :wave: to everyone else! Hope you all have a nice Tuesday!

wilma12
10-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Gary: I am keeping your sister in my prayers. We have 2 friends that had surgery today - one for breast cancer and one for prostate cancer. It is scary but we have to believe that God is in control.

Things are still busy around here. I am on holidays for 2 weeks now. A nice, much needed break from the training I'm doing at work. Today we went tree shopping. Our tree in the backyard died due to a fungus and trauma from the garage and patio. We found a beautiful Japanese tree lilac. I also planted some hydrangeas. Can hardly wait until spring now to see them flourish!

We are leaving on Thursday to see our kids in Ottawa. I am so excited to see them. It's been over year now and we miss them terribly. We'll spend a week with them. The colours in Ontario are incredible in autumn and I'm looking forward to going for walks and taking lots of pictures.

I am still struggling with my weight. I haven't gained but can't seem to lose the rest of what I need to lose. I'm sure my Dr. is going to have words for me tomorrow.

Time for me to get to bed. I think of you all even though I don't post as often as I would like to.

Have a great week!

PinkFlamingo
10-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone! I am new here. I'm a Theology student, planning on entering ministry in a few years. I struggle with liking myself and treating myself kindly. I try to tell myself that I am beautiful and created by God out of love, to be who I am with purpose. But sometimes it's hard and I struggle with feelings of self-worth. When I am feeling low about myself, I find it hard to pray/feel close to God. Looking forward to getting to know some of you guys. xoxo

ronni62
10-06-2009, 11:35 AM
:welcome2: PinkFlamingo! Glad to have you here! I'm sure that most of us struggle with the same issues you listed (I know that I do for sure) and hope you find a lot of help and support here.

Hi to everyone else, too! Not much going on here today. It's very gloomy outside which is making it seem very gloomy inside as well. It's been a couple weeks since we had sunshine and my mood is sure showing it:(.

Wilma-Enjoy your visit with your kids! I'll be praying for safe travel for you. I, too, have been having trouble getting more pounds to come off, even though I don't gain. It's very frustrating, but maybe getting away and seeing your kids will help motivate for when you return? Have a great trip!

Well, talk to you all later!

Bootsie
10-06-2009, 06:02 PM
:welcome: PinkFlamingo happy to have you join us. Everyone who is born was created on purpose by God, he does not make mistakes (I'm a Theology student, planning on entering ministry in a few years.) and WOW! sounds like he made you very talented and has great plans in the future for you! What a blessing! I don't know about anyone else but i think the beauty in our hearts is more important and more beautiful than the beauty of our looks. Being beautiful inside and being healthy, that would be almost perfect to me! I am having so much trouble posting and it is not even raining just on , Born again Christian, I am having the trouble, took me 10 tries to get a short message posted, just don't understand it!

PinkFlamingo
10-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the lovely welcomes! It's good to be among like-minded people. I am trying to tell myself that I am going through these trials for a reason, and that it will make me stronger.

God bless, everyone.

Ryanne
10-06-2009, 06:27 PM
I thought I'd check it out since a couple of people said it is a good place to be. So, I thought I'd get over here and say "hello".
I am looking forward to meeting some of you, and have "met" some of you. Have a blessed day, all. :D

colormerd47
10-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey there all my sweet taters,

Just wanted to poke my head in and let you all know I am still here, not dead, still kicking.

I have been soo busy, soooo much on my plate right now, but I had to let you all know how much I miss talking to all of you. I have had to cut back on spending sooo much time on the computer to have at home.

For all of you that know me and house, please keep me in prayer. Morgan, need I say more. I really think at times she has lost her mind, forgetting all she has been taught, all the Lord has blessed her with. Right now it is all about her. PLease please, keep her in prayer, that like the prodical son, she will return home.

Grary, the trike has been ordered and should be here very soon and Trikerbabe will be on the road. LOL

Be well my friends, be loved and be blessed and a blessing to all you meet. I love you and till next time Later gators,:hug::hug::hug:
Ags

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-06-2009, 09:29 PM
:welcome3: PINK FLAMINGO ~ sounds like GOD has a wonderful purpose in mind for you already. I think we all struggle with our self esteem, but if we put our confidence in the LORD instead, that can give us a renewed strength, I think ... this is a great group, very understanding and caring too!

:welcome: RYANNE ~ that's a very pretty avatar you have; love the dress on that girl ... glad you decided to join us here too!

THANKS, RONNI ~ for your very kind words; I so am happy to hear that I am able to help you and others in any way I can, but I also think that comes from GOD too. He often uses us as vessels to speak a word of encouragement to those who need it; and He knows exactly what you needed to hear. You all give me great support right back, and I really appreciate that a lot too. We've been having dull, cloudy weather here a lot too, but Mr. :sunny: did manage to peak out a few times today just to let us know that he is still there ... :lol:

BOOTSIE ~ what exactly is happening when you try to post? We've all had them disappear on us now and then; but it could be popups causing problems, but what I do on days like that is type what I want into a file, save it; and just keep pasting it in until the post works. I have put that up on my screen (to the right) so that I can just click on it and the file comes up again; I call it Temp Post. You make it come up on your screen like an icon. Maybe if you can tell us what is happening we might have an idea for you how to fix it ...

HI WILMA ~ hope you have a fabulous trip down to Ottawa to see your kids. I was born and raised in southern Ontario, and can attest that it is awesomely beautiful in the fall -- my favorite time of year there. I just loved to go to the fall fairs esp around Thanksgiving weekend; they are amazing fun -- as they combine the agricultural stuff with small midways, especially in the smaller towns, and we just loved to go there every year.

:hug: HEY THERE, DEAR AGGIE ~ we have been praying up a storm for you lately; wondering where you have been??? Praying that you were well, and that you would come back to see us again soon, as we missed your lovely face and personality here. Like BOOTSIE says, beauty comes from inside our hearts and souls, and you have lots and lots of beauty to share with us all and the world too! Don't ever stop letting your light shine ... we need more Aggies and Bootsies in this world!!! And, don't be a stranger ... :hug:

Today in my devotions I heard a great saying --

IF YOU ARE TOO BUSY FOR GOD, THEN YOU ARE TOO BUSY!!!

:wave: HI TO EVERYONE ELSE OUT THERE, and to all our MIA's too ~ Went to the dentist this AM and had my teeth xrayed and cleaned; it all went very well. Turns out I do have a couple of cavities that need doing but the young dentist is concerned that he will have some difficulty being that I have such a small mouth (you wouldn't know it by some of my posts though). ;) He says that he will do the root canal for the one that the filling fell out, but is referring me to the senior dentist for the fillings. So I have appointments for Nov 2nd and 27th respectively. I will be coming back to ask for prayer for both those days as they get closer; I am not a fan of drilling, as it really bothers me ... :yikes:

Well, we went to our favorite place to walk tonight; we call it our private track. Actually it has a few of them; rounds that you can walk -- small, large, and very large. We did two rounds today and I had no problems at all. Becuz I have Spina Bifida, I have great difficulty walking up even the slightest hill; so we will be going back to our tracks from now on (as the streets near our home are just too hilly for me). We took NIKO with us and we had a lovely stroll in the crispy fall air; just right really ...

Hope you all have A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY tomorrow; and take good care ... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

Kelli
10-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Hello all you wonderful encouragers! I don't post much but I read about you all everyday and pray for you. Gary I just know someday your sister will be praising God for her illness, because it brought her closer to Jesus.

Love, Kelli

PS... Bootsie, I have tried and tried to figure out what your avatar is a picture of:?: I have tried making it bigger, I even tried a magnifying glass, and I still can't figure it out :dizzy: It looks like a mama and babies, but what kind of mama????

Love, Kelli

Bootsie
10-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Kelli last year about this time, one of my old hens decided she was going to set. So I put 12 eggs under her from all different chickens and she hatched out 12 baby chicks. In the picture there is two peeking out from her feathers, what is not out playing and eating are under her. She is reaching down clucking to her babies and showing them how to eat.

That is where Buffy my rooster came from. He and I are going to have a meeting of the minds tomorrow, he spurred me last night for the 3rd time but this time brought blood. His spurs on the end or as sharp as a needles went right through my Levi's! I am getting my fishing net and catch him and clip the ends off, so he can't bring blood no more or spur one of the hens and kill her. David told me it would be just like clipping toenail off but ya know what I bet Buffy does not make it easy for me!
Rosebud it keeps telling me Network interrupted, well 281.com, is my network and is still working, it is only doing it now on Born Again Christian Support, I don't understand why that is. If it was bad weather i would blame it on that but it is not. When it does it again I will write down everything it says on there maybe that will help. I have no problem reading, it is just when I want to post. Though this after noon it would only go to the first part of Born again Christian Support then finally it made it to the last page! All I wanted to do is see if my post made it at that time. Then I tried to send an email to Ryanne this afternoon and a pop up came up and would not get off about loosing weight! I never did get it off to her. I don't have any problems with any of the other web sites , just here. Guess I better knock on wood!

EZMONEY
10-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi GALS ~

I am off work tomorrow so I will catch up...until then I leave you with my prayers...now off to watch Biggest Loser with Angie...

Bootsie
10-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi Gary I just watched that and it was good!!

Bootsie
10-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Ok now it will not let me even read, Born Again Christian Support Thread, it says
Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while pages was loading
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection.
Please try again.

Rosebud I was just sitting here reading not pushing any buttons when it done this. As you see it lets me post and read on this thread.

Imdedicated
10-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Welcome Pink Flamingo!

Good Morning to everyone! Busy busy at work but I hope you all have a blessed day!

Kelli
10-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Bootsie, I am running because I'm late for work, but I want you to know we will figure it out! I know God wants you there and Satan doesn't! But God is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay STRONGER! I would have PMd you but I was afraid your pm wouldn't work. We may need to move it to a new thread. Don't worry we (God) will make it work.

Love you all Encourager's, have a beautiful, wonderful, Spirit filled day!

PinkFlamingo, WELCOME, I'm so glad you are here. This is a wonderful group!

Love, Kelli

PinkFlamingo
10-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone! How are you today?

Does anyone have trouble feeling close to God when they are down on themselves? I haven't been to church in 2 weeks (anxious about going out of the house because I look so bad), and I am finding it hard to pray because I feel guilty about not going to church... And I just am feeling so far from God right now. I also feel like I am letting Him down because He loves me and He created me to be *beautiful* but when I look at myself, sometimes all I feel is self-hatred. And shame that I don't take care of myself and I struggle really hard to feel loving toward myself.

On the positive side of things, my doctor is FINALLY taking me off the antidepressant that caused me to start gaining weight in the first place. I'm hoping it will help.

Blessings to all.

pattygirl63
10-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone! How are you today?
Does anyone have trouble feeling close to God when they are down on themselves? I haven't been to church in 2 weeks (anxious about going out of the house because I look so bad), and I am finding it hard to pray because I feel guilty about not going to church... And I just am feeling so far from God right now. I also feel like I am letting Him down because He loves me and He created me to be *beautiful* but when I look at myself, sometimes all I feel is self-hatred. And shame that I don't take care of myself and I struggle really hard to feel loving toward myself.

On the positive side of things, my doctor is FINALLY taking me off the antidepressant that caused me to start gaining weight in the first place. I'm hoping it will help. Blessings to all.

PinkFlamingo :hug: Bless your heart. GOD LOVES YOU and I do too. I can't tell you how often I have felt that way. It kept me from me from doing so many things in my life. When my children were young, I didn't go to many school functions because I didn't want to embarrass them by the kids in their school knowing their Mama was fat. When they were grown and we talked about it, I learned how disappointed they were because I wasn't there. I have missed out on so many things in my life because I didn't go certain places or do certain thing that I really wanted to do, but I felt too fat and ugly. I still battle with that and I go on, but I am learning that there are others just like me out there going on.

Years ago my husband at that time (now deceased) and his brother and his wife were driving down the street and something ugly was said about a very heavy lady waiting to cross the street. Later I when I had a chance I confronted my sister-in-law about it because I was upset. I asked her "What do you really think about me? I am overweight like that woman." She said, "We don't see you that way". That never made any sense to me. And my heart went out to that woman.

All I can tell you is that God is not mad at you. You are His child and He loves you. The Word tells us that because Jesus came to earth and was tempted as we are that He understands what we feel. I don't know why you haven't gone to church. I don't have to know. There were a number of years that I didn't go to church either, but it didn't change my love for the Lord and more importantly it didn't change His love for me. I watched ministries on television and I was just as blessed as I am now that I have found my place to be active in a church. I don't think is so concerned about us going to church every time the door opens as He is concerned with the time we spend building a relationship with Him.

I think the devil has you beaten down and it is time for you to see yourself as God sees you. I would suggest you read the book of John and see how much Jesus loves you. I love John 17 where Jesus prayed for his disciples and us. Also read the beginning of Ephesians 1. Paul tells us in that passage that God chose us to be His children before He even created anything. When you see how important you are to Him, Satan won't be able to make you feel so bad about yourself ever again.

I'll be praying for you.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-07-2009, 05:58 PM
TRISH ~ that was just wonderful advice that you gave PINK FLAMINGO -- I totally agree with you.

PINK FLAMINGO ~ GOD loves us; and JESUS loves us -- just the way we are right now. He is more concerned with our inner beauty, our good health, and our spiritual well-being. Jesus spent much of His time on earth healing people who were sick. Those were the two things he focused on the most: spiritual wellness, and physical well-being. We all do know how you feel; becuz we've all been there. I think it is part of our frail human nature to feel insecure, but we can grow as we learn to put our confidence in the Lord instead of ourselves, and that takes time.

I agree that :devil:YOU-KNOW-WHO:devil: is playing head games with you -- so don't let him! Rebuke those negative thoughts in the Lord's name. Sometimes, I think that this is another way He keeps us from going to church: make us feel so bad about ourselves that we don't want to go, esp if that is really the ONLY reason you don't want to go anymore.

GOD isn't mad at you either; that's just another trick by the :devil: to make you afraid to go to church or pray. Don't ever stop praying and seeking Him! What does the bible say? Who is our accuser ... it's the Father of Lies ... the :devil:. What is the truth? GOD LOVES YOU and always will ...:hug:

BOOTSIE ~ OK ... you've got a few things going on there -- 1) the popups are causing some of it; 2) your server is causing part of it [that also happens to me sometimes; dunno why, but maybe it gets overloaded sometimes: meaning too busy]; 3) this site may be having problems as well: we've all seen that too. It isn't your computer. That's not bad if it just happens on that one thread, and it may be just a coincidence. So, maybe with some prayer and wait & see, things may get better in time. :D

Gotta go put on dinner: I'm already late ... :o

Kelli
10-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Pink Flamingo, I don't know if it will help you but I want to share somthing I shared on a couple of other threads... It's about a friend of mine and you may have already read it, and if I knew how to make one of the hyperlinks to it I would, but I don't so I will stick it here ;)

I want to tell you a story, it's a true story about a dear friend of mine. I love my friend but at a young age, she started an unhealthy relationship with an abuser. This abuser was a bully and had no mercy; she would put her down at every turn. The bully would say, “You are stupid you only have a seventh grade education, you’re a loser, you will never lose weight, and you have tried dieting so many times and have never been successful. Your fine for two or three weeks, then you run out of gas, what makes you think this time is different”?

She would make rude comments on the way my friend looked. She would say, “You have huge pores in your nose and a big white, blubbery, pasty, stomach.” She would constantly tell her she was ugly, every single time she caught sight of her she would tell her she was repulsive. It was brutal, and constant, every time my friend had a success the bully would knock her down. Every time my friend was in a social situation, the bully would point out all her faults. She would tell the other people at the party that my friend was fat.

I think the bully in her own sick way was trying to protect my friend, because she would tell my friend “they won’t accept you if you don’t show them you know your not as good as they are, If I build them up by putting you down they might like you.” Then when my friend and the bully were alone, she would berate her for all the stupid things she said at the party.

People who were close to my friend would try to tell her the bully was wrong, but my friend didn’t believe anything good about herself. She had listened to the bully to long. The bully drove her to the brink of suicide. She tried to kill herself three times but thank God, she wasn’t successful.

Do you think my friend could ever be successful as long as she continued the relationship with the bully?

No matter how much self-esteem you have if you are constantly told you are bad, you start to believe it. What do you think happened to my friend in the end?

If you haven’t already guessed, I am my friend and I was also the bully. The way I used to talk to myself was horrifying. You cannot succeed; let me say that again YOU ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT SUCCEED UNTIL YOU GET OUT OF THE HABIT OF VERBAL SELF ABUSE. You may as well quit now if you can’t make the commitment to break this habit. Would you talk to your child the way you talk to yourself? It’s time to stop this destructive habit. I can’t stress how important it is for you to end this.

You’re probably thinking, “I can’t stop, I have been doing it too long.” If you try, God will bless it I promise. This is how you do it, you look at yourself in the mirror and if your alone say it out loud, if not, in your mind, “God made me beautiful, I am beautifully and wonderfully made, I am the temple of the Holy Spirit, my steps are ordered by God. God only sees the good in me. I am well able to fulfill the destiny God has planned for my life, the best is yet to come, look at me. God is pleased with me. I am a good friend; I am a wonderful Christian because if not, God would not have chosen me. I try my hardest all the time. God is perfecting me every day. He is well able to give me all I can ask or imagine because He loves me. Everything that God allows in my life is good”… I mean you need to go on and on.

Everyone has a conversation going on in his or her heads at all times (your internal dialog). Your subconscious mind records everything people say to you and what you say to yourself, literally, and records it for later use. If you don't get anything else from this study, take this truth. It is so important.

Please don't put yourself down anymore. Jesus never put Himself down, and He is our divine example. Recognize that is Satan, and just say Jesus, Satan is knocking will you please answer it?

Love, Kelli

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-07-2009, 09:12 PM
:wave: Just popped back in to say that we had a nice, healthy dinner; then we all went for a walk afterwards at our favorite place. It was much cooler tonight, so it was a bit quicker, but still enjoyable for all. The sun tried to peek out a few times today; but we are supposed to have really nice weather from Friday right into next week. Hope that is correct: I have been praying for that, esp for our Thanksgiving which is this Monday coming.

It was a good day; hope it was for all of you as well. Take good care ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

KELLI ~ all you do for a "link" is copy the "Address" line at the top of the page that you want to share; and then paste it into the new post you want to put it in. You can do it -- it's as easy as copying anything else.

Very good points in your story. So many of us battle with negative self-opinions (that often stemmed from early abuse by someone else) that we can counteract with 'positive' statements and verses. I made up a list of positive affirmations about myself and read them whenever negative thoughts try to pester me; I also read and recite uplifting scripture verses, and sing songs -- all of this helps a lot. It takes a bit of time to get rid of a bad habit like this, but creating a new positive habit of loving oneself can change our lives in a big way ... :hug:

ronni62
10-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Well, I just had to come here to share that I have finally broken the 185 pound barrier!:carrot: I've been losing and gaining the same 3 pounds all summer and could never get below 185, but this morning, I made 184!!!

Other than that, not much going on here. Had to take DS2 to school today. His knee was worse and he wasn't able to move it well enough to drive. Spent the day trying to accomplish town errands. He said the knee felt better after physical therapy, but we're hoping the pain lessens over the weekend or we'll have to take him for x-rays and possibly an mri.

Have a good evening, everyone! You're all in my prayers.:hug:

PinkFlamingo
10-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the story Kelli. I think thatyou are strong! God bless.

EZMONEY
10-08-2009, 10:17 PM
.... Recognize that is Satan, and just say Jesus, Satan is knocking will you please answer it?

Love, Kelli

AMEN! Remember ladies, if we rebuke Satan in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ then Satan has absolutely no power over us...none...na-da...zippo...I cannot tell you how many times in my life I have just said...satan...I rebuke you in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ...you have no power over me!

I am kind of busy tonight with ballgames and a friend coming over...but I may be off tomorrow....will catch up!

Until then ~ Bless you all ~ Gary

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-08-2009, 10:22 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ well, we received a gift of :sunny: a bit early today; well for the AM at least, then it got cloudy and cold, but the :sunny: came back by dinnertime. We got lots of stuff done around the house today.

We had to stay home to wait on a delivery that never showed up. Geepers, that's annoying; and boy, was DH peeved, cuz we could have done something else, but I decided that we should just make the best of it and get ready for winter instead!

DH bought me an organ (a real organ) for my birthday which is coming up next week; he paid for it and to have it delivered and the guy said they would deliver it today, but it didn't get here. Soooo ... I called and they said the driver was off for the AM, and they'd call me back, but they didn't, so not sure what is going on now??? :dunno:

ANYWAYS, we'll pray really hard that everything gets cleared up and that it will arrive sometime tomorrow. DH wanted to get me one for a long time, but couldn't find one he liked until now; so maybe I'll learn to play my favorite HYMNS on a real-sounding organ now -- should be fun for the winter, I think!

HI RONNI ~ Prayers going up for your DS2 -- for that knee of his to feel better; it may take some time for it to heal, and that includes resting it for a while too. ;)

BOOTSIE ~ lots of people been having problems on the site recently, saw some threads about it today; I had a few freeze-ups, and was knocked off the internet the first time I tried to come into this site today -- just had to keep trying, and finally got in. I think their techies are working on it right now ...

We had a very, busy day around here getting things sorted out for winter; putting summer stuff away and pulling out winter coats, and Christmas decorations, and arranging the sheds better. My poor legs were exhausted: I think I walked a marathon just going back and forth -- sure felt like it. No more exercise needed for this day, that's for sure. Ate well today as well; had steak and a mushroom medley for dinner ... yum!

Hope you all have a FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow!!! :hug:ROSEBUD:hug: ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...

Bootsie
10-09-2009, 12:24 AM
That is so great they are working on the site Rosebud, I had no trouble last night or tonight so I hope it is fixed. It really is aggravating not being able to post etc... but now it seems like its working that is a blessing!

An organ! Alright Rosebud! Wish I could hear you play it! I will pray for safe delivery soon! We are suppose to get rain, lots of rain, in the morning ,hope so! 100% they say, 1 to 3 and 5 in some places! I hope we get 5 that will fill the back tank up!
my brother called from up toward Dallas and said they were expecting tornadoes and hail, I sure hope not.
Well I got to get some exercise and housework and work on some store files if I am not to tired after housework... May all of Y'all be blessed with a Happy day tomorrow!

EZMONEY
10-09-2009, 06:25 PM

I hope this finds all of you well and in good spirits :hug:

I was off work today. I got in two separate walks with the mutts, a 3 mile one in the morning then we did a short 1.5 one this afternoon down to the big mailbox. I vacuumed and cleaned the counters and mopped the kitchen and dining room floors :) Even got the laundry caught up. I have had some days off lately and have done my share of resting ;)

I have been watching a lot of baseball...my Dodgers are doing well in the play-offs so far...very happy about that :carrot: A lot of good games on. Angie watched the Twins vs. Detroit game with me the other night...what a good game that was. She is in and out watching the Dodgers with me....mostly out :D

Angie has really been busy with her knitting...some of the things she is knitting are starting to look like what she says they are ;) Still real busy with her yoga.

My sister is confused about the results after breast surgery. I just listen, was real happy yesterday to hear her say she wants to start going back to church.

SCOOTER ~ How long was that vacation? Hope your trip was awesome.

WILMA ~ I hope you are enjoying the vacation with the kids...I know how you miss them :hug: Prayers for your friends.

BOOTSIE ~ So glad your site is back to normal (fingers crossed!) Save that rain dear. We are expecting some here...just a little...but the central part of the state, where things are real bad, is expecting more.

ROSEBUD ~ How cool is that...an organ :carrot: Great job on getting the shed in order...never have to worry about changing wardrobes from winter to summer and back here...pretty much always the same, we have a jacket and several sweatshirts for winter....and some long pants for me :)

PINKFLAMINGO ~Welcome! :) We always Let God down...but He is always there to pick us up and get us going again...and He forgets when we let Him down! Go and sin no more...He says....We all struggle through things in life and sometimes feel like He isn't there to help us...the further we distance from Him though the worse things get. I pray you find the stregth to do what is best for you.

RONNI ~ :carrot: Great job! 184!! Prayers for your son's knee. I separated the ACL in mine in high school. had trouble for years with it then severed it in 1990...had surgery, out of work for a year...but never any trouble since...a total success! I take it no game tonight....:(

TRIKERBABE ~ Did you get it? ;) So good to see you back here :carrot: Prayers as you "raise" Morgan :hug:

IMDEDICATED ~ TRISH ~ BARGOO ~ KELLI ~ KAREN ~ RYANNE ~ SUGA ~ AND ALL OF THE MIA'S....PRAYERS :)

CountingDown
10-09-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm back :)

Still a TON of post-vacation stuff to get done, but at least I got the photos uploaded and laundry started.

The trip was terrific, even though the weather was rainy and cold. We hiked almost every day, with 10 miles being our longest hike. We were very glad we took the hiking poles, the slippery conditions were tricky in several places.

What a difference from the last time (5 years ago) we visited some of these places. We were able to take trails we never would have attempted before.

Here are a few of the pics from Tahquamenon Falls and Lake Superior (near Marquette). Click the thumbnail for a larger view.

Laurie :scooter:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1944/tahquamenon1.th.jpg (http://img257.imageshack.us/i/tahquamenon1.jpg/) http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9816/tahquamenon2.th.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/i/tahquamenon2.jpg/) http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/202/marquette2.th.jpg (http://img185.imageshack.us/i/marquette2.jpg/) http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/7144/marquette3.th.jpg (http://img66.imageshack.us/i/marquette3.jpg/)

iriswhispers
10-09-2009, 07:13 PM
CD, those are beautiful pictures! Looks like a great vacation. The first one with the colored leaves makes me a bit homesick for the east coast - no trees with changing leaves here in the desert.

I recognize some of your faces (avatars...) from other threads - but hello to those I haven't met yet!

PinkFlamingo, I have had some of those feelings before - that I don't deserve God's love because of the way I act or fail to use the gifts he has blessed me with. But you are loved ALWAYS and ANYWAY, don't forget that! One of the things I always pray for is the strength to properly use the gifts I have been blessed with. Embrace God's love for you and let it help you to love yourself. :hug:

Kelli, thanks for posting that story.

Wow, Rosebud, an organ! How cool. Do you already play or are you going to learn on this one? When I was a little girl my great aunt taught me some basics on piano, and I really wish I'd kept up... music is such a blessing.

EZ, that's great that your sister wants to start going back to church. How is she doing? Is she confused because they downgraded the status?

As for me... I have been having a rough time this semester. I should be finishing my master's degree in the spring, but I'm honestly thinking about leaving after this semester with a certificate in public health instead of the full degree. Academically, I'm fine - well, better than fine - but I am completely unable to make meaningful social connections here and it's really feeding a depression I thought I'd dealt with years ago. I'm praying that I will make the right decision, and I think deep down I already know what that is, but I am going to take some time and hope for better guidance.

CountingDown
10-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Iris - prayers ascending that you will make the right decision!

Gary - I knitted a shawl and a scarf while traveling this week, I had to laugh at your "Angie" comments. Glad you are getting some time off and able to help around the house. Prayers continuing for your sis.

Rosebud - we need a virtual sing-a-long once your organ arrives http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/049/1/c/__arpeggio___by_Rewryy.gif

PinkFlamingo - Trish is right - God loves you just as you are! You need to hold your head up and get out there! Don't put your life on hold because of how you are feeling. Trust me - it is a downward spiral. Staying in and missing out on things only makes you feel worse.

:hug: You are in my prayers, girl!

Hello to everyone else! It is good to be back :yes:

Blessings to all!

Laurie

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-09-2009, 10:05 PM
:wave: Gee, now I'm the one having troubles on here; this thing is moving so slow for me tonight. Every time I do anything on this site, it seems to take 5 minutes to make up its mind to do it. I came in here at 9 PM and it has taken this long to do just this one post ...

Had a lovely :sunny: day. I called this AM about the Organ; guy was supposed to call us back; he didn't; so we waited; and waited; I called back after midi; and finally was told the truth; they couldn't lift it and it doesn't have wheels; and they don't have enuff help; so DH went hunting and found some good Christian guys who are going to go and help get it and bring it home next Tuesday as the place is closed until then. So, I will get it, but it will be much closer to my actual birthday (Wed).

IRIS ~ I am learning to play; I can play basics so far. I had one year of piano as a child but wanted to take more but couldn't (very weird parental reasons). So when DH got me my piano, I started teaching myself all over; and am doing pretty well. I do have a small kid's organ that I have been practicing on but this will be nicer to have a real organ with a full set of keys (actually two rows of keys).

LAURIE ~ nice to have you back; and those are great pics of your holiday and that spot looks lovely indeedy ...

GARY ~ glad ANNIE is feeling better and thru this experience is drawing closer to GOD and her church again.

BOOTSIE ~ wowie, up to 5 inches of :rain: -- sure do hope you can fill up all those extra tanks ... our prayers are being answered ...

RONNIE ~ I was thinking after that your DS2 may not want to get better too soon if his injury is getting him so much female attention ... ;)

We had fun PITA PIZZAS tonight; haven't had those in a while -- they were really yummy too! DH and I went out for our walk tonight; it was nice in the cool, crispy air ... puts a bit of pep in your step though; we made it around in record time! :lol:

This is a long weekend for us Canadians as Monday is our THANKSGIVING DAY holiday! Hope you all have a great weekend too ... :hug: ROSEBUD :hug:

Bootsie
10-09-2009, 10:50 PM
I better post quick and not read it is doing it here to me, Rosebud! We ended up with 1 and 3 tenths of rain but that makes 12 .5! Inches but the tank did not get filled up if ever I get where i can post will put a picture how green and the tanks on here! Hope you got your organ Rosebud, have not read your post kept going off on me reading Laurie"s this is really getting nerve racking! Gary Angie does so much! One smart lady your married too. Still hope Annie is feeling better last time she was in good spirits still hope so keeping her and all of you in my prayers . Gosh my fingers are going so fast my mind is turning circles. Just want to get this on here before it disappears. Y'all wake up and smile first thing in the morning and have a happy day all day long!

PinkFlamingo
10-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks everyone for your lovely support. I am going to make sure I go to church this Sunday. Aside from the usual spiritual and mental benefits, it will do me good to get out of the house and be around people.

I went to the gym today but could only handle about 15 mins of swimming. Baby steps, I suppose.

Up late tonight, alternating between cleaning the apartment and writing my paper on the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Blessings.

EZMONEY
10-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Hi Gals ~

Watching the Angels and Red Sox.

Angie and I went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. We split (50/50) a half Moroccan Chicken salad and split (65/35) cheeseburger pizza. Then we went over to the produce market for some goodies.

SCOOTER ~ Great pictures! Angie's knitting is actually knitting an afghan now...looks pretty good.

PINKFLAMINGO ~ I hope your experience at church is rewarding for you. 15 minutes at the gym is 15 minutes closer to being in the body you want to be in...you keep on going :carrot:

BOOTSIE ~ Yep, Angie does do a lot...I watch TV...she watches TV too...but when she does she knits, does crossword puzzles or reads during the commercials or now, does her homework for some on-line classes she is taking. In the old days she would stretch during the commercials...always in front of the TV...aaaarrrggghhh ;)

ROSEBUD ~ The pitas sound good! That organ is getting closer...can you hear it? :) Happy "Thanksgiving"

IRIS ~ I hope you can find a way to stay and get your degree kiddo. I think that is what my daughter's Masters was in...public health. Wish my niece was still there...or maybe not...she had bf issues...but she struggled being away from home. Are there any churches near that have large groups your age? Prayers for what God wants in your life :hug:

Well the Angels are in the lead...back to the game ;)

iriswhispers
10-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Rosebud, I'm glad you could find people to help move the organ. Enjoy learning to play it. I loved learning to play some of my favorite hymns on the piano (and also the song from Peanuts!) but they always sound so neat on organ.

PinkFlamingo, I'm a huge proponent of baby steps. Every little one helps. =)

EZ, thanks. I really DO think that sticking it out is the right choice, but sometimes I get very down living here. The church I go to is very small, but it wouldn't hurt to check around if there are other places with young adult fellowships. There's a graduate fellowship at the university which I've been involved with on and off, but it's not quite a good fit for me. It's for all denominations, but the leaders are much more conservative than myself an I sometimes feel a conflict of interest.

by the way - happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians on the board! =)

bargoo
10-10-2009, 04:09 PM
EZ, thanks. I really DO think that sticking it out is the right choice, but sometimes I get very down living here. The church I go to is very small, but it wouldn't hurt to check around if there are other places with young adult fellowships. There's a graduate fellowship at the university which I've been involved with on and off, but it's not quite a good fit for me. It's for all denominations, but the leaders are much more conservative than myself an I sometimes feel a conflict of interest.
=)

Did you read the post recently by Echo about receiving her PH.D ? If you haven't I suggest you do as it is inspiring.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-10-2009, 08:32 PM
:wave: Well, I just wrote a really long post and lost the whole thing ... hey, that wasn't nice! I'm gonna post in a file first I think -- as things are really weird around here lately. So here I go ... starting all over again ... :dizzy:

We went up to our lot (camp) today becuz we awoke to nice :sunny: today and we wanted to take advantage of that. We spent the day up there and had a nice picnic lunch and got things ready for the winter. I put up the curtains I made for the washroom and planted some tulip and daffodil bulbs in our garden we made for our sweeties ...

DH put up braces inside the camper to make sure the ***** doesn't cave in the roof if we have lots this year. We found some evidence of rain on the floor in the livingroom so we do have a leak in the seam as we suspected but now we know for sure. We have decided to put a whole new section of roof there to make sure it has a good seal.

MY PITA PIZZA ~ this is my quick pizza recipe, for anyone who might like to try it ...

4 x 7-8" wg tortilla wraps (2 each; 90-100 cals each)
small can tomato paste
small minced onion
oregano and garlic powder (sprinkle)
shredded mozzarella
chopped pepparoni
chopped mushrooms
sliced green olives
Parmesan Cheese

Spread tomato paste on tortillas to edges; and add the rest of the ingredients in order given. Bake at 400 F for about 15 minutes ... yummy and healthy (you save mega calories on the crust!) This is our favorite Greek Pizza recipe. Sometimes, I make homemade whole grain dough and roll it out really thin.

IRIS ~ I have to join the chorus and say that if you don't get that degree now that you may regret it for the rest of your life. There must be some church groups (ladies groups, bible studies, or youth groups) or even community clubs (don't forget sports places) that you could join to ward off loneliness. One of my landladies owned a bowling alley and I used to walk over there for coffee and a chat to take a break from my studies; she was a GOD-send!

BOOTSIE ~ glad you got some :rain: at least; and your posts are coming in.

LAURIE ~ you're one fast knitter to get all that down in one weekend and while on a holiday too!

PINK ~ good for you getting in 15 minutes of swimming; that's a great start.

:wave: HI BARGOO ~ how's it going?

I got some walking in today with NIKO; did a couple of walks plus everything else and my legs are very sore and tired. I think the cold is getting to us a bit too; we've had very cold temps here lately.

PS ~ and I just got up to make some tea and it's blowing ***** outside right now!!! :yikes: and it's only October ...

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A SUPERBLY BLESSED SUNDAY tomorrow ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Bootsie
10-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Rosebud I am going to have pizza tomorrow! Sounds so good! I have some lean Hamburger and I mean lean. We have our own meat done up where there is no fat to speak of.
Oh and Rosebud it is still messing up with me here, in posting. I just don't give up and it finally let's me post or I post and it disappears and I have to redo it and then it reappears. I think Satan is playing tricks on me, messing with my mind .
Keep up the good work PinkFlamingo,you are really encouraging me! I plan on enjoying everyday for now on, for each day is a brand new start . It is a chance for me to let go of my past disappointments and give Jesus a chance to do something wonderful in my life. I plan on starting the day out tomorrow with a smile for everyone I meet. Old man Satan cannot stand joy so that is sorta like a good christian kick makes him move on! You know everyone I know, knows how to smile. It not only gives everyone a good free face lift ,it also makes people feel good and I don't know anyone that does not look beautiful when they smile. It is a gift from God so let's all make use of our gift from God, and use it to make someones day.

!5 minutes is great PinkFlamingo! That is great! I wish they had a gym close around here. I don't know how to swim but I can float. Ha! My sister taught me how to float. I just love getting into a swimming pool and feeling the water all around me, have not done that in years.

Imdedicated
10-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Hope everyone had a good day today! Here's to an even better tomorrow! Have a good one!

mamaduck
10-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Hello everyone! I just wanted to check in to say hello and that I'll be back later after football. LOL Fantasy football, that is. Hubby's chomping at the bit to get the computer. Bless you all.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-11-2009, 12:02 PM
BOOTSIE ~ When I was in my teens, I had some friends that were Italian; and she used to make this awesome Italian Pizza (we just called it that becuz it had no name). Anyways, she passed on from cancer a while later, but she gave me her recipe ...

ITALIAN DINNER PIZZA by Pat Lucchitta

1 lb+ very lean hamburger
1 medium, chopped onion
8 oz pkg chopped fresh mushrooms (can used canned)
minced garlic to taste (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
1/2 tsp or more oregano and black pepper
28 oz can of tomatoes chopped with juice
shredded mozzarella cheese or a mix of Italian cheeses
Parmesan or Romano Cheese for top
wg pizza crust of choice (I use whole wheat or other very thin)

Brown meat and onions; add mushrooms, seasonings, and tomatoes; and simmer/boil until almost all the juices are gone. While this is cooking, spread out your crust on pan. Spread the meat sauce over crust, and sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes or until melted and bubbley and crust is to desired crispiness. I like mine crispy but DH needs his softer to chew better. This makes about a 12" or large rectangle pizza on a cookie sheet. Enjoy ...

This picture was taken just down the road ... what do you see?

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Oh, and here's a pic of our first snow storm of the year; a local man caught this picture just outside his home ...

CountingDown
10-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Rosebud - we got our first snowfall of the season yesterday too! I'm sooo not ready for snow.
Thanks for the recipes!

Bootsie - thanks for your positive post - always a GOOD reminder!

Hi to everyone else - hope you are having a blessed start to the week!

Well, I ended up with a 24 hour bug yesterday - UGH! So, I'm even further behind with getting my post-vacation chores done.

Thankfully, DH got some of the laundry done for me, and the shopping :)

I'm just gonna poke along today and get done what I can.

Prayers ascending for all!

Bootsie
10-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Laurie I think I got a bug too. I was thinking this morning as I was walking in the cold and rain; I am sick, when people with paying jobs someone is there to take over , but what about the Farmer? There is no one unless you have a passle of kids. If I don't take care of the goats, ducks cats, dogs, chickens ...who will? I have to go if I am sick , no rest for me, they need me. Today I have a sore throat and i think I am fighting bronchitis, feels like it. I did wear my husbands straw hat and put a plastic bag over it and a lady gave me a great rain coat to wear to funerals. When she gave it to me I told her I was going to wear it out but not to funerals. The only ones I got to see today is my husband and my goats smiling faces this morning wondering where I have been! They sure was in a grippe mood though! One would be eating and wham-bam one would hit the other and knock it clear off its feet. I got in the pen and told them the top old Nanny just entered the pen and they was to cut it out, worked till I got out. Oh well.....

Man looked at my pick up this morning to get the part that Hubie broke when he was using it in Feb. have been holding it together by rednecktexan style, first I used a balloon,it melted, then electrical tape but that did not stay long and got really sticky now I have rubber bands on the handle that moves it from park to ect... works!

Not much else going on, fixing to go take some medicine and rest before taking care of the animals. Rosebud your pizza is the BEST EVER!!! A real hit with Hubie and me!

iriswhispers
10-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Bargoo, I haven't read the post to which you referred, but I'd like to - do you remember what thread/about when it was posted?

Rosebud, I definitely see a face in that cloud! Thanks for your encouragement. Also that Italian pizza sounds very good. It reminds me of a "chili pie" I used to make, basically a pizza dough with chili-type fixins for toppings. Mmmm...

I don't much care for Arizona, but it does make me feel a little better hearing about some of you having SNOW already - I'm perfectly content without that. =)

CD and Bootsie, I hope you feel better soon! I grew up on a farm so I understand how you cannot call off sick. Your truck story also reminds me of my dad!

I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday and blessings for the week to come.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-12-2009, 02:10 AM
:wave: We had a bit more blowing snow today but the :sunny: did try to come out and did enuff to melt everything away. :D We just stayed home and had a very restful day; sure needed it after yesterday. I nodded off to sleep this evening and just woke up again. Gotta get back to bed or I'll never get to sleep again.

^Prayers^ going up for LAURIE, and BOOTSIE, to get rid of all those cold bugs or flus. Ya sure don't need that when you work on a farm or school (but can see where you might have picked it up) ... ;) take good care of yourselves too! (We also had animals as you know; been there, done that; thru rain and snow and sleet; they gotta eat!);)

IRIS ~ yes, I went away to college twice when I was single, so I know how it is; yeppers, you're right, that is a face in the clouds: how awesome is that? That pic was taken in a small village near by ... I thought it kinda looks like Albert Enstein a bit, but it could be any jolly ole fella, I think! :lol:

And, for all our Canadian friends out there ...

:turkey::thanks1::happ3::thanks1::turkey:

Karen31
10-12-2009, 09:38 AM
I posted this in Prayer Warriors too but wanted to make sure that I thanked everyone.

Thanks for all your prayers for my Aunt. She hasn't bounced back as quickly as they thought that she would. But she is doing pretty good for being 80 years young! The thing is that she is very sensitive to pain meds. and if not careful she goes in to resperatory distress. Plus they make her pretty "loopy"!! A couple nights ago her daughter caught her going out the front door at 2:00 am!! She has seen things that aren't there and said things that are just goofy! But at least we all knew the pain meds can do this to her so it isn't to scary now. My cousin is working now at getting her off the pain meds and just trying the Tylenols! I know my cousin will have to go back to Colorado soon but I am hoping that she is able to stay until my Aunt is doing a lot better than she is right now. It is hard to believe that at her age she still drives herself to work 4 days a week for the utilitiy company! I hope I can be that good at her age----shoot--I wish I was that good now!!

Gary, glad that Annie is doing good. I'll continue to keep her in my prayers.

bargoo
10-12-2009, 10:14 AM
[quote=iriswhispers;2966262]Bargoo, I haven't read the post to which you referred, but I'd like to - do you remember what thread/about when it was posted?

[/quote

This was posted by Echo on 9-30-2009 titled......
I did it!! I passed my PhD! Greatest Goal of my life.
This is a long post, but worth every word.

ronni62
10-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi and good morning to everyone! We have snow falling here and it's been falling all morning! Only about 1/2 " accumulation so far, but I'm sure this is the earliest measurable snow for our area. It snowed in MN on Saturday when we were having the sale of FIL's stuff. Saturday was also my birthday and I can honestly say I've never seen snow for my b-day before. Today's our 19th anniversary, so is it a good thing or bad thing to get snow on your anniversary? All I can say is that I feel like hibernating and not coming back out of the house until May!

Karen-continued prayers for your aunt. She must be quite a spitfire to still be working at 80!

Rosebud-HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! Hope you're having a really nice holiday today! I kinda thought the cloud face looked like Shrek.

Bootsie and Laurie-sure hope you both get to feeling better quickly. Too bad I can't send you both some chicken soup, but here's some :hug::hug: to help you feel better.

Well, I'd better get going and get something done here. Have a nice day, all!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I'd like to share my pumpkin custard recipe with you all; it is my version of sugarfree, crustless pumpkin pie. I make mine in a glass pie plate (about 9" round). I shared this in the diabetic section of Dieting with Obstacles becuz they often have to do without so many holiday dishes. I make two at this time of year; one with crust for DH and/or guests; and one without crust for myself, but DH loves it too and sometimes sneaks some on me.

PUMPKIN CUSTARD

1-1/2 cups pumpkin puree (1/2 large 28 oz can)
3/4 cup milk (regular or evaporated)*
2 large eggs
9-12 packets of artificial sweetener* (or 2/3 cup brown sugar)
1 tbl molasses * (diabetics omit; sub 1 tsp instant coffee)
1-2 tsp flour (optional; to thicken custard)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp mace

Combine all in bowl with whisk. Spray 9" glass pie plate or casserole dish with olive oil spray; then sprinkle bottom with flax meal or tbl whole wheat flour. Pour custard into dish and bake at 375 F for 50-60 minutes (or until the center is set). Let cool to almost room temp before serving; cover leftovers with plastic wrap and store in fridge: great for breakfast.

*Note: if you like thick custard, just cut the milk down to 1/2 cup; and 9 packets of sweetener = about 1/3 cup Splenda; but if you like a sweeter custard, use 12 packets or 1/2 cup Splenda. I put 1 tbl molasses in my pie which adds a richer flavor but you can omit that and just sub with 1 tsp instant coffee granules for the same effect without the sugar. For those that sugar is not an issue, you can use 2/3 cup brown sugar for the sweetener. Enjoy ...

EZMONEY
10-12-2009, 08:19 PM

Waiting for Angie to get home from work. Monday is a late night for her since she co-teaches yoga to teachers from the district. I have yams in the oven and we are going to warm up some turkey and gravy we had in the freezer.

I had a short day at work and was able to get home in time for a quick 2.5 miler with the mutts before I went to a doctors appointment.

Nephew just called me on his way back to base at Great Lakes, he was at his girlfriend's family's hose for the week-end in Minnesota. He will head out to Norfolk, VA. on Wednesday for a couple of months then stationed back here in January. He cracks me up....so funny. He had me dig out some pictures to send to his girlfriend...wanted his NAVY Boot Camp graduation picture and his senior pic...I sent the Navy one and a class picture from about 3rd grade...:D

My son and his wife joined us at church yesterday...always a highlight of my day! We even sang Just As I Am Without One Plea and Amazing Grace, 2 of my favorite songs...I even saw my daughter before I went to church...she spent the night here. She came up to see her "uncle" my buddy that was here for the week-end...her husband was on a fishing trip so she just stayed. She would have gone to church except she had a 12 mile run to do with her running mates for her marathon training. She usually does the long runs on Saturday but she was at a wedding in another state so her teammates waited a day for her...sweet....

As I mentioned we had a big BBQ here Saturday night for my buddy....he has been gone for 15 years and has headed back to Oklahoma already. I grew up with him...as close to being a brother as possible.

Well...I shall be back..

Take care and Bless you all!

CountingDown
10-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Hi all, I'm doing better today. I was feeling decent by afternoon yesterday, so I was able to make the hymn sing at church. I run the PowerPoint so that no one has to use the hymnals :D

It was glorious - we sang all of the old favorites. Two doctors in town - one that plays the organ, and the other that plays the piano did a concert first, and then we sang for 90 minutes. Ya definitely could feel the Spirit movin'!!!!

Then, back to work today - which brought a 13 hour shift :(
But, that is the price one pays for going on vacation and being the only person that can do so many different things :yes:

So, thanks all for your prayers - I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't gotten better soon.

Prayers are continuing for everyone!
Happy Thanksgiving to our CA encouragers!

Laurie

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-13-2009, 07:44 PM
LAURIE ~ glad to hear that you are feeling better; that mini-concert sounds great. My ORGAN arrived today; DH went to get it first thing, and they didn't really need any extra help as the man didn't realize it had handles on the back to lift it -- DH and him did it by themselves. It is now in my livingroom and I tried it out today; it feels weird playing on two levels but in time, I will get used to it. I will take a picture of it to show you all too.

GARY ~ that was a cute trick you played on your nephew. :lol: Sounds like you and your friends and family had a great weekend. ^PRAYERS^ continue for ANNIE ... :hug:

KAREN ~ that sounds awesome; I bet you were thrilled with all that honor by a celebrity. I used to be able to do little 'wave' files on my other PC; don't know if they are still possible or not, OR if I could even put them on here. DH wanted me to have something else to do to while away the long, cold winters here. I have a piano too, but the organ sounds a bit different, especially for hymns. I have the whole winter to get proficient again too ... ;)

Here's my birthday present ... a big bench came with this organ, so you can put books in it too, but it's kinda tall for my short legs, so I'm using one of the cushioned chairs that I use while on my PC too (they are much more comfortable for me).

pattygirl63
10-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've been MIA for so long here, but have been popping by to read some. Just want to let you know I'm still and all of you are still in my prayers.

Gary I was so glad to hear the good news about your sister. God is soooo Good all the time.

I will try to get back her tomorrow and catch up on things.

Prayers always coming your way,

Karen31
10-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Rosebud, that is so exciting about your organ!! My Mom had an organ and a piano and had them sitting where my brother could play the organ with one hand and the piano with the other.. pretty fun! I don't have an organ or piano but I have been playing the accordion since I was about 12 years old. This goes way back--- but when I was in the 8th grade I played it in a national contest and took first place in my category. I was excited. And Myron Floren (from the Lawerence Welk show) was there and asked my parents if he could take me to dinner.. Very exciting to me at that age.. I still play but really need to just make time for it more for me! I so totally can get lost for hours in my own little world when I play! I look forward to seeing pictures--- wish we could do videos with sound!

CountingDown
10-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Karen - we can do videos - just load it up to YouTube and post the link :)

Trish - glad you are posting again - we miss you!

Rosebud :D How AWESOME that you got it! DO post pictures! And, if you do get a chance to video - we would LOVE to hear you play!!!!!

Hi to everyone else - hope your day has been spectacular!

Mine was crazy again today - work for 11 hours, then home to make dinner, then off to chair the church admin council meeting, and finally home (at almost 10 p.m.)

Some days are just like that - oh well, it keeps me out of trouble (well - mostly) ;)

Prayers continuing for all!

Blessings :D

bargoo
10-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Rosebud, what a beautiful gift ! I wish I could hear you play.

iriswhispers
10-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Rosebud, I can't wait to see a picture of your organ! How exciting.

Right now I am just putting off work I need to do, so popping in. I'll try to catch up in a day or two. =)

Blessings!

Bootsie
10-13-2009, 10:33 PM
I love your name Iriswhispers that is so beautiful. I feel a little better while I was sick ate 6 homemade cookies , and I paid for that yesterday, they sure was not worth the sugar hangover at all. Not only that i gained weight on them. I am going back down though. I am praying really hard to find a good friend to become healthy with around here and i know Jesus will bring me one ,sooner than later. Rosebud snow, wow! I got a feeling that it just might snow here this Winter and if it does I am going to have a bunch of fun! I am sorry the kid comes out in me when it snows in Texas! Well best go have a bunch of things to do ,like I have decided if I am going to get anything done, I need to start a list! Y'all have a great Wednesday !

Gods Temple
10-14-2009, 12:46 AM
I feel, I know, I am destroying God's temple. I currently weigh 240lbs. The most I have ever weighed. I know what I should be doing. I read the books. I've done way to many weight loss programs. However, I know what to do, but I don't do it. I wake up each day determine to eat right and exercise and then I get out of bed and life happens. I feel so depressed and lost inside a body I do not love or even like. Why would God want to live in my body when I DON'T want to live in my body! I am becoming increasing aware that my issues are much deeper than food.

bargoo
10-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Gods Temple, welcome. I will be praying that you will find strength to do what you need to do. You know that God wants the best for you. You have made a good start by coming here. You will find support here, but the work is up to you. I feel that you can do it with God's help.

Ryanne
10-14-2009, 12:01 PM
I feel, I know, I am destroying God's temple. I currently weigh 240lbs. The most I have ever weighed. I know what I should be doing. I read the books. I've done way to many weight loss programs. However, I know what to do, but I don't do it. I wake up each day determine to eat right and exercise and then I get out of bed and life happens. I feel so depressed and lost inside a body I do not love or even like. Why would God want to live in my body when I DON'T want to live in my body! I am becoming increasing aware that my issues are much deeper than food.

First of all, I would like to give you a BIG WELCOME!
I completely understand what you are saying. Let me tell you that THERE IS HOPE! And your knowing that you are doing wrong, and God showing you that your issues are deeper than food is your new beginning. God has a way out for you, too, to walk in freedom and not in bondage. It is a spiritual battle, and you are in the midst of it. Basically, you are in bondage to gluttony and idolotry. It's okay, Jesus is showing you the way out! I want you to know that everything will be okay. He has put you in a place where you can receive support and prayer for this and you are not alone. He is with you always, you have angels there to help you and you have us lifting you up.
When I first started trying to lose weight "this time" I was where you are at. I was 231 lbs. right now as of this morning I weigh 201 lbs. I started on May 25th of this year to try to lose. The world's way did not work for me, but God has a specific plan for each and every one of us. Pray about it, and repent, and let God show you his way out.
You are taking the steps and God directs your steps.
I pray the best for you, and remember, this is a precious time of getting to know God in a deeper way, as He draws you to Him and shows you His love for you and His way of following the Holy Spirit.
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak...there is no condemnation...
Romans 8:1 (NKJV) [There] [is] therefore now no condemnation to those who are in the Messiah Yahushua, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Galatians 5:16 (NKJV) I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

See, there is HOPE!
:D:carrot:

Of yourself you can do nothing, but you can do all things through Christ Who strengthens YOU!!!

Bootsie
10-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Happy Birthday RoseBud! :bday2you: I sure hope it is a great one!

Karen31
10-14-2009, 04:19 PM
:bday2you: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSEBUD!!! :balloons::gift: HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :bday2you:

EZMONEY
10-14-2009, 05:13 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY....ROSEBUD!

ronni62
10-14-2009, 05:27 PM
:celebrate::bday2::celebrate::woo::gift:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROSEBUD!!

EZMONEY
10-14-2009, 05:37 PM
HI GALS ~

Just a quick check in.

Not much going on here today, Angie will teach yoga at church this evening. I had a short day at work again, was able to get the dogs out for 3.5 miles in a little drizzle...nice.

GODS TEMPLE ~ Welcome :)

Love the organ ROSEBUD...another HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISH :hug:

Be back later ~ Gary

SweetTink
10-14-2009, 07:09 PM
I am kind of new here but I want to just say I've been praying that in a month without weighing myself I can lose 8-10 pounds. I'm trying to get down to 169.9 or less but I really want to see less then that. I would love to be 168.0 or even 167.0. I keep praying for help and I've avoided weighing myself so I keep giving my best each day. :)

My weigh in is October 25th. I go to the gym 2 a week and workout at home 2-3 times during the week. I'm eating 1329 or less calories a day and I've really tried to do my best to stick to this and eat really healthy. I have been so I hope that the hard work pays off. :carrot:

If you don't mind sending a little prayer my way I'd appreciate it. I've been stuck in a rut all summer and losing this weight would really be an answer to my prayers and a huge push towards my January 2nd 2010 goal of weighing 155 pounds or less. I pray that I can continue to work hard and achieve this goal for my husband and family!!! :D

Nice to meet everyone here and the Lord be with you! :hug:

CountingDown
10-14-2009, 07:25 PM
:celebrate: Rosebud - hope your day is FANTASTIC!

God's Temple - :welcome: Glad you joined us! I certainly know how you are feeling. :grouphug: You've found the perfect group of folk to surround you with love and acceptance. They are a constant reminder of how much God loves us UNCONDITIONALLY! Regardless! Forever!

You absolutely CAN do this. Really. If I can, you can. Just pick a plan and get moving. Keep coming here for support - it helps :yes:

Hi to everyone else - hope you are having a fun and productive and God-filled day!

:hug: and blessings!

Bootsie
10-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Welcome Kat and God' Temple I have been there and I still am not so happy with myselfbut i am making progress,Kat I think you are really doing good sounds to me, I will be praying for you to stay on track.

We had a scare tonight and still don't know if we can sleep tonight. There was someone out in our pasture wearing dark clothes about I would say 5'8 or 9 and he hid behind our well house when David pulled up. I thought was kinda strange seen people before on our land hunting but i did not see a rifle in his hand . My husband was going to tear out there but i stopped him , for he did not know he might jump him and cut his throat. So he called the law but meantime david had drove the tractor out the pasture and turned around after i had told him no you should not go out there. So he called the law and they came out and checked in the well house , nothing but grass had grown so high he said he could not see anything. He said he figured it was some one ilegal traveling across country. He said they do that at night and sleep somewhere in the day time. That is scary about a year ago they chased some through the pastures here. You know they could break in but I have a baby moitor outside in the goat house and it picks up noise outside by the house so I am not to worried but still! My border collie barked all night last night and I went out to see what she was barking at, well when I got next to her she looked at the gate and just growled, she never growls , he could of been out there then. That just makes my skin crawl.
Gary could you please, ask Angie what the best tape would be to learn yoga from the start. I have heard so many good things about it but there are so many tapes!

EZMONEY
10-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Prayers for you safety BOOTSIE!

Angie is in the shower...I will get back to you...or she will.

iriswhispers
10-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Yikes, Bootsie! That would really unnerve me. I pray all is well and all stay safe at your place! Thanks for the compliment on my name, by the way :). Irises are my favorite flowers. We had a patch of them that came up every year along one of the back field paths. Light purple ones, so pretty.

Welcome to SweetTink and God's Temple.
SweetTink, sounds like you are doing all the right things for weightloss, keep at it!
God's Temple, :hug:

Rosebud, happy birthday - I think I am day late but better late than never!

EZ, that is really neat that Angie teaches yoga at your church. I've done yoga on and off and I'd love to start again but it's a bit expensive - cheapest I've found here is $6/class which is juuuuust borderline for my budget.

I've got another exam tomorrow, and I'm not feeling entirely prepared so I suppose I should put a bit more time into that before tomorrow morning.

ronni62
10-15-2009, 09:20 AM
:welcome2: God's Temple and SweetTink! You will find lots of support here and I know that God will help with your weight loss and struggles. I know that because He has helped me so much. Hope to get to know you better!

Bootsie-that must have been really creepy! We've had issues with people in our yard (& we live in a town). The boys & I came home from Wed. evening youth group once and there was a person right at our back door. He ran when we pulled up to the garage, but I called the sheriff to check out the house, because we didn't know if the person was trying to go in or coming back out. Of course, it takes the sheriff's dept. over a half hour to get here, so we had to stay in the car with the doors locked the whole time. We also had a car windshield broken out one night. One thing is that our dog always knows when someone's outside and barks and growls, so we've learned not to ever ignore her warnings. Praying for your safety!

We ended up spending the day in town yesterday, but not by choice. The boys had dermatologist appts, which went fine, but when we went to get the prescriptions, things turned for the worse and we spent all day running back and forth between stores and making calls on the cell to try to get the prescriptions straightened out. Thank goodness for the cell phones, though, because before we had them, we'd have had to drive the half-hour home to make the calls, then go back to finally get the meds. I think the year's stresses are getting to me, as I was totally frazzled by the end of the afternoon. I don't handle these frustrations very well lately. I think I need to get away somewhere, but nowhere to go and no money to go with. My sister has invited us to her house for Thanksgiving, but that's not always relaxing, as they live in the Chicago area with so much traffic and she's kind of a type A personality, if you know what I mean. Her boys are almost mean to ours as well, as they seem to think that their city "McMansion" way of life is the only way. One once asked our boys how they could stand living in a house like ours (about 1000 sq. feet at the time) and they've also told one of them that he shouldn't be taking communion, since he wasn't baptized in their church. So, anyway, not sure if a trip to see sis is the get-away I need!

Sorry to unload on you all. Must get to work here-things are getting behind. Of course, that's the usual around here as of late:o Take care and have a blessed day, everyone!:hug:

Ryanne
10-15-2009, 10:37 AM
I think the year's stresses are getting to me, as I was totally frazzled by the end of the afternoon. I don't handle these frustrations very well lately. I think I need to get away somewhere, but nowhere to go and no money to go with. My sister has invited us to her house for Thanksgiving, but that's not always relaxing, as they live in the Chicago area with so much traffic and she's kind of a type A personality, if you know what I mean. Her boys are almost mean to ours as well, as they seem to think that their city "McMansion" way of life is the only way. One once asked our boys how they could stand living in a house like ours (about 1000 sq. feet at the time) and they've also told one of them that he shouldn't be taking communion, since he wasn't baptized in their church. So, anyway, not sure if a trip to see sis is the get-away I need!

I have the same issue. I do want to get away, and my brothers and sisters have planned a three day "Old Fashioned Christmas" to do all the things we used to do while growing up. It is supposed to be in Wisconsin, where I was raised, I was born in Iowa, by the way, and moved to Wisconsin when I was 5...I was born in Oelwein and lived in Tripoli, my dad worked at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque.) Anyways, I would LOVE to get away for a Christmas Holiday, however, they do not want anyone bringing their spouses or children...but the ones that live in Wisconsin are allowed to have their spouses and children. I am bailing... again....sigh. I don't get along with my family, and I just would rather stay away in peace, than to go and then have strife and resentment again.
I'm not saying parts wouldn't be fun, but I have 9 brothers and sisters, and most of them will go...the problem is...the ones who think they are better, the strife, the talking behind the others backs and then fawning over them to their face, and I just don't want to be a part of it...I can stay away and they can talk bad about me all they want to. I haven't been home in years and years, and I really only talk to one or two of my siblings and that is not often, either. I do try to call my folks every couple of months, but same thing there.
It's more peaceful that way and I can pray for them and feel better about them this way.
I have bailed on so many events, but the one I did go to years ago, they didn't have drinking, but there was still "brawling"...I got caught up in one and I had my daughter in my arms, she was a baby then. It was horrible trying to fight someone off while trying to protect my child.
Argghhh... Some of them have money, so they think they are better. I have abounded and been abased, so I always give them something to talk about, and I am a born again Christian, so the slightest mistake gets blown out of proportion. LOL... Anyway, I completely understand your dilemma...and my solution is to stay where I am in peace and my children are peaceful and not made to feel bad about themselves, their parents, or where or how they live. Our spirits are more important than trying to please people...and if they are upset I am not going, oh well.:D

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-15-2009, 06:05 PM
THANKS EVERYONE ~ for all the nice birthday wishes!!!

BOOTSIE ~ that stranger wandering around your place would be enuff to spook anybody; prayers went up for safety for you all ...

:welcome: to all the NEWBIES ~ who have dropped by lately. This is a nice group of people, who are non-judgemental and very supportive to all ...

RYANNE ~ to me, a family Christmas would not be a family Christmas, if EVERYONE could not bring along their families! :?: Maybe we all should start praying for the lack of unity in our families (Ronni, you, and me). I have lots of sibling in my family too, and these issues do come up now and then, and I think that is so sad, esp when we are talking about Christmas or Thanksgiving celebrations ... :hug:

RONNIE ~ how about a quiet weekend away for just you and your spouse, or your family?

^PRAYERS^ going up for you and yours ... :hug:

EZMONEY
10-15-2009, 06:39 PM
BOOTSIE ~

Before I forget....Angie has never watched a video of yoga...she does watch an advanced yoga show on TV from time to time and works out with it.

She said she will ask around at a yoga retreat she is going to this week-end.

She also asked if there was a place in your area...YMCA or recreation/senior center where you may go to check it out.

She just headed out to a class one of the gals at the yoga center teaches for cancer patients...she is going to learn and see how this class works so hopefully she will be able to take my sister as she battles the cancer.

CountingDown
10-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi all, just a quick fly-by. Another long day :(
But, the weekend is comin' :D

Blessings!

pattygirl63
10-15-2009, 09:44 PM
:hug:Hello Everyone,

Another quick one. A busy week and a busy day tomorrow.

:welcome3: Newbies!!! Glad to have you here.

God's Temple I have been where you are. God loves you because you are His child not because you do everything right. Find the plan that works for you that you can live with. Do your best and leave the rest to God. Remember you will not be perfect and may have slips, but the key is to keep trying. You are not a failure because you have a slip. You become a failure when you give up and don't try. The fact that you are here and realize what is going on with you proves that you are not a failure. You are in my prayers that God will reveal to you how much He loves you. He did that for me and He will do it for you.

A LATE :bday2you: Rosebud. I pray you had a great day.

Bootsie I pray for your safety.

Everyone else :wave: You are all in my prayers.

Love and blessings,

iriswhispers
10-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi everyone!

Prayers for family unity are on their way... I have a very small family but I'm so thankful for all of them and glad there's not a lot of drama and turmoil.

I'm hoping to have a relaxing weekend. There's some things I should get a jump start on but I want to do that and be done so that I can relax at least Sunday.

Bootsie
10-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone, I am deep defragmenting my computer and it is going to take two to 3 days and this is the first time since yesterday it let me come here and it is working so much better. I did not know you could deep defragment your computer thought when you just defragment that done the job. it has almost 10 years of defragmentation so that is why it is taking so long. On my way to town, have a great day!

pattygirl63
10-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Hi Everyone

Trying to be better about checking in here. I've had a long busy day. DH had to go by docs office to get perscriptions and then we had to go to Charlotte to Costco. I got home and started doing laundry so I don't have to do it tomorrow. Then decided to clean out some dresser drawers and reorganize somethings. We will be having company for Thanksgiving day. They'll only stay a few hours, but have to get the house clean and presentable. Need to do some serious house cleaning. Then hubby's children and grands are coming for Christmas and the week after so will have to get ready for that.

I just wanted to wish you all a very Blessed weekend.

CountingDown
10-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi all - hope you had a blessed day!
I'm glad this week is done - what a LONG one! I did find time to catch up with a friend after school today. That was a nice respite from the busy week!

Prayers are continuing for all!

Laurie

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-16-2009, 07:58 PM
HEY BOOTSIE ~ I didn't know that you could "DEEP defrag" either ... how do you do that? I do the regular defrag about once a month and last time it took only a short while as I guess it was OK. I usually do that at night before I go to bed; I set up the defrag and let 'er go until it's done. Then the next morning, it is finished or I may do it just before I am going out somewhere, so it's finished before I come back.

IRISWHISPERS ~ thanks for those prayers for family unity -- I think when you have a bigger family, there is a lot of favoritism, jealousy, competitiveness, and oneupmanship going on ... well, in some large families anyways. I have seen this in a few small families too, but mostly where only one member is concerned. I have always admired families that seem to be able to love and respect each other -- for the most part anyways. From my personal observation though, families with less children do seem to get along better overall -- maybe becuz they have limited numbers and appreciate each other more, like you say ...

THANKS PATTYGIRL (TRISH) ~ for the belated birthday wishes; I appreciate them whenever I get them. I realize that many people here work and/or have families to look after and many social obligations as well. :hug:

We had another lovely day filled with :sunny: so we just had to take advantage of that and go for a drive in the country again. WE picked up a few nice fall and All Saints decos for our lawn and porch -- pumpkins, and fall leaves, a cute lady scarecrow, and window decos to pretty things up for Thanksgiving month (as we like to call it). ;)

However, one sad note for our neigbours; when we came back to have lunch, the girl from across the street came to tell us that someone had stolen the motor off their boat (she was very upset becuz she had borrowed it from her Dad). This is the second time this has happened on our street (and block) this past month. So DH has put our stuff away and locked it up better -- seems to be a thief in our neighbourhood, and a sneaky one becuz the night it disappeared was the only night the three closest neighbours were all away at the same time.

Hope you all are having a lovely fall and enjoying this pretty time of year, like we are. Take good care of yourselves too ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

PinkFlamingo
10-17-2009, 03:08 AM
Hey guys. I slipped up last nigh and had way too much wine and tons of take-out. I am sure I seriously gained a lb, because I think I may have even had an excess of about 3500 calories. Ooops. I also woke up this morning feeling hung over, and ate way too much again today to try to make myself feel better.

I finished my psych assessment yesterday with the new psychiatrist (conclusion: OCD and panic disorder) and she is going to start changing my medication. She promised she will try to find a combination that doesn't cause a lot of weight gain.

I am worrying a lot lately about my pastor retiring at the end of the year, because we are very close and I am going to miss her so much. I can't stop stressing about that because I don't have a lot of people in my life right now and it hurts to lose someone you look up to like that.

Trying to stay strong, but it's so bloody hard sometimes. I need to slot more prayer time into my day, to keep my sanity.

I am going apple picking and pie baking for the church bazaar with the young adult group at the big church downtown tomorrow. I guess I should get a lot of exercise walking around an apple orchard!

I am drowning in school work, and I am late on one assignment for my Phil of Relg class. I am also about to be late on another assignment for Christian Ethics. I am trying not to stress too much, but I am worried about my GPA.

Blessings everyone.

CountingDown
10-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Flamingo :hug: Let yesterday go, control what you do today. Get cracking on those assignments! Take it from me, once you get behind, it is harder and harder to get caught up. Buckle down and get caught up. Now, right now.

And, as an added incentive - I have found when I have other things in my life under control and going smoothly, my eating usually follows.

Rosebud - that is sad news about your thief. I'm afraid that more of that type of behavior will be seen before we are done. The economy is bringing out the worst in some folk.

A busy day here - but a productive one. It is just what I needed to balance the crazy work schedule. I'm off to finish my laundry. Hope you are all having a productive weekend!

Blessings!

Laurie

iriswhispers
10-17-2009, 02:44 PM
And, as an added incentive - I have found when I have other things in my life under control and going smoothly, my eating usually follows.
Laurie

Ditto. Pinkflamingo - try to get a jump start on some of that work this weekend. I'm going to do the same. When things start to slip it all becomes a big avalanche.

So last night I went to our Christian Grad fellowship meeting because it was one of the girl's birthdays and she's a real sweet heart. The main reason I stopped going to this group was the one person kind of in charge has some different views than I do and it made me really uncomfortable - BUT this fall he apparently not coming to most of the meetings because his son plays football and he goes to the games instead. So I am really glad I went. I'm going to try to make it to the monday night bible study (led by the girl whose b-day it was).

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-17-2009, 11:10 PM
PINK ~ you could work on the one that is behind tonight until it is finished; and then on the other one tomorrow. I try to start and finish the day with devotions & prayer: it helps, I think. Will send up some prayers that GOD will help you stick to your studies and make them a priority. When I was in college, I had a rule that my studies came first before anything else. I would work on them a bit and take a timed break (go for a walk or coffee at the local coffee shop and head right back) and some days, I stayed at it til 4 AM, if needs be. It was worth it becuz I passed with honors and always had my assignments in on time; and usually ahead of time, and it felt so good and gave me such peace of mind! :hug:

IRIS ~ so glad you went and found that things have improved; that's GOD at work, I'm sure ... :hug:

Just had a lazy day at home today; did a lot of reading, sorting my mail and files as well. Gotta keep organized; things go better that way. Hope you all have a lovely, restful Sunday tomorrow; we plan to. Take good care ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

PinkFlamingo
10-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone! I try to start and end the day with prayer as well, but sometimes I have trouble making myself wake up early enough for anything other than a super-rushed shower and running out the door with wet, stringy hair. I need to get more organized. I got one of those day-planners broken down into hours, and have tried to set aside some time for prayer, affirmations, and exercise. I love what I am studying (Theology) but sometimes the OCD makes it hard for me to concentrate on anything other than the obsessions. Working on it.

Have a blessed Sunday all. God bless.

CountingDown
10-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Pink - I've done my morning prayers in the shower on more than one occasion myself :)

I TRY to stretch and pray before I even get out of bed, then on to 30 minutes of Bible reading/study with my morning coffee. It has been so worth setting my alarm earlier to start the day right. It makes all the difference in how my day goes!

A typical Sunday here. Church, then shopping, now cooking for the week. There was a HUGE bag of colored peppers on the clearance rack - they all looked good - so I'm making stuffed peppers.

We have an outlet store in town that gets merchandise from Amazon - still in-date. They got a shipment in on Friday. I was able to pick up some oddities that I can't get locally. Black quinoa, Freekeh, WW couscous, buckwheat groats, etc.

I'm off to surf the cookbooks for recipes :D

Hope you are all having a blessed Sabbath day!

Prayers ascending for all!

PinkFlamingo
10-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Laurie - Prayers in the shower sound awesome! I would like to get some more praise music to listen to in the morning as well. I think time to give the day over to God makes such a difference. How do you make your stuffed peppers? I haven't had any in ages, but I also got a bag of red, yellow, and orange peppers on clearance!

I started feeling really ill in church this morning. It's my TOM, and sometimes I get really dizzy when it starts. Combined with the cramping, I thought I was going to faint while standing for hymns. Some ladies invited me to the women's group on Tuesday (I moved last month and this is a new church for me, still seeing my pastor at my old church regularly but for most Sundays have been going to this new one), which felt good because maybe I can meet some new people. Felt too sick to stay for fellowship hour afterwards, actually ended up leaving my bike and walking home because I felt too dizzy. Came back and took a nap.

I have some peppers that are beginning to wilt, so I think I will make a big pot of spaghetti sauce. Sometimes I puree some veggies in with the tomato sauce to get extra servings in, plus the normal veggies diced into the sauce.

Reading assignment to write on the Psalms (can't remember which ones offhand), along with a small paper on the prestige of the temple in 2nd temple Judaism. I am lucky my homework pretty much IS Bible study!

xoxo

EZMONEY
10-18-2009, 05:15 PM
HI GALS ~

this afternoon is the Dedication and Grand Opening of our community center at church...

some of you may remember praying for us a little over a year ago. It is really cool....awesome kitchen - youth group room with games - gymnasium - classrooms and offices - music room - yoga room for Angie and more....

It will be a place for not only our church members can go but also members of the community...

I will tell you all about it later...

Be good!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-18-2009, 11:21 PM
LAURIE ~ those are great ideas; I often pray and sing in my shower; and do devotions with my morning coffee too. Those of you with really busy lives have to make the most of precious moments. How bout praying on the way to work or on the bus or while walking or doing exercises? GOD's ears are open 24-7 ... :lol:

GARY ~ we want pics; we want pics!!!:D

PINK ~ ^prayers^ going up that you will feel much better today: sometime TOM can be a real pest. Make sure that you are getting enuff to eat too ... :hug:

We had a great day; started out with lots of :sunny: and lasted most of the day. Had roasted veggies and chicken pieces for dinner tonight; found some in the freezer that needed cooking up. Want to use up all the older stuff before buying anymore. Spent some time hunting down new recipes just to have some more variety, and found some good ones to try out.

:wave: HI TO EVERYONE ELSE and all our MIA's ~ hope you all have a wonderful week and a Marvellous Monday tomorrow -- and take good care of yourselves too ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

iriswhispers
10-19-2009, 12:05 AM
Great reminder that it IS okay to multitask - in terms of prayers/devotions and shower, etc. I talk to myself in the shower or sing anyway - why not pray?

Pink, prayers for you. Take care of yourself! =)

Gary, the community center sounds really neat! I will second Rosebud's request for pics.

Today was very serene for me... I wish every day could be like this but school and work tend to be major stressors most days. Mostly work. This morning I pulled out of the garage to go to church and thought, "wow, what a beautiful day!" I know this was a genuine thought, because I hadn't had any coffee yet ;) I know I have to stay here and finish this degree - I've become very sure that it is God's will for me - so I better learn to enjoy it at least for a few months!

EZMONEY
10-19-2009, 06:14 PM

The dedication of the new Community Life Center was outstanding! Our church was packed...you would have thought it was Easter ;)

We had a brief service and prayer, kids sang some songs, then we headed over to the gym where we packed that...Angie and I sat in the bleachers...at the top....only 3 rows high ;) but the entire length of the building. We had tables and chairs on the gym floor too. In the gym the mayor spoke and a few others then we had a great video of the history of our church up to yesterday...way cool.....Angie and I even made the video...:D Well at least our names at the end of it...ahhh....the rewards of chairing church committees ;)

I saw your requests for pictures and as soon as they come up I will tell you where to get them. I know they will be in facebook but Angie does that and not me. We didn't take any but I can. Angie has her room picked out for yoga...she can have pretty much any room she wants since she only needs it a few hours a week...after the regular day business of the church and school. She has several options...with or w/o windows...big or small room or one big one with a divider option. She is a :) Happy Camper :)

Our youth director, Chris, is a super young man. He is an "idol" of my son's....he coached/assisted both my son and daughter in all their sports 5th-8th grade and they played in a church basketball league together when my son was in high school...Chris and others would come watch him play high school ball from time to time too. I mentioned to my son that there was going to be an open gym night each week...told him he should swing by and check out "what could have been"....he told me..."are you kidding me pops...I'm gonna be down there with Chris all the time" :D

As I was watching the video and seeing the excitement the youth were having waiting to "play" on the court and in the youth center I have to tell you I had tears in my eyes...tears of joy....You see there were hopes that the gym would be built for the years my son and daughter went to school and youth group there...I have been sending in those "new building" envelopes for over 25 years :D To see it finally happening was such a wonderful feeling for me...that's the "what could have been"....the what is...is...

My son will still get to play basketball there...and help with the youth...my daughter has a facility now to teach the little ones her "LEAP GYM" stuff..Learn Exercise And Play...my daughter in law will be able to teach the girls dance and cheer leading things....and Angie is able to teach her yoga...a ministry she really believes in....

The what could have been...IS NOW!

and it is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely wonderful!!!

EZMONEY
10-19-2009, 07:54 PM
LOL!!

OK...I was watching the "ANGEL" game and thinking...between keeping dinner going...that I forgot to tell you the focus of the sermon and dedication was building the future...

How people built our original church (which we just tore down to build the gym) in 1961 and how growth led to us building the church we are in now, next to it, in 1983....and how our vision and growth has led to the Life center...to continue God's message of making disciples of all nations....

Anyway I thought I would throw that in....then I decided to re-do my avatar picture and signature...as I was looking through one of my Bibles for a verse I pulled out a 2 page program.

it was the program for the dedication ceremony of the sanctuary we are in now built in 1983!!

Yep I was there for that one too...cool...way cool.....

CountingDown
10-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Gary - thanks for the update on the dedication. It is a wonderful answer to all those prayers. What a wonderful facility to carry out God's mission and ministry!

Rosebud - good reminders - as always about prayer. You ARE our prayer warrior here!

Pink - prayers continuing for you!

Iris - You can make it through the next few months of school! Prayers ascending!

A quick post tonight. DS1's sermon was posted online and I spent most of my online time tonight listening. I'm a proud Mama tonight :)

I hope everyone had a blessed beginning of their week.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-19-2009, 10:00 PM
GARY ~ that is really awesome; to give to a project for so long and see it to fruition some 25 YEARS LATER ... and your whole family will not only get to share in it, but help others who pass thru the doors too -- that is way cool, indeed. You had a great vision, as have all those who built that place. We built a new center here too; and man, it wasn't ez getting by all the naysayers who only see $$$ signs.

All too often $$$ block people's vision -- those that believe in these kinds of projects are dreaming of a healthy future for their families, as well as their community's families for many generations to come. It would be nice to see dance classes and yoga classes and LEAP gym for kids here too; I hope that happens for us. This winter we are hosting a World Hockey Tournament and some players from Russia, Finland, and the Chech will be coming here to see and play in our new center; it should be awesome too ... :D

We had a busy day; went up town to find a few things we needed and got lots of walking in today -- my feet are a bit sore for it though, but I will rest tomorrow. I spent some time making pumpkin decos today; and we brought in the rest of our Christmas stuff as some were in danger of gettin wet. I am going to go thru all the boxes and downsize, keeping only the stuff we really use each year; the rest will be donated. I wanted to start at this before all the snow piles up outdoors.

THANKS, LAURIE ~ that's really nice that your son's sermon was posted online; so, you are allowed to be a proud mom! :carrot:

Anyways, ate well today (credit moi); got lots of walking in (kudos for that); and got lots of stuff to do this week to keep us busy. Just wanted to pop in for a bit then time to go have a shower and relax. Take good care people and hope you have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY TOMORROW!!! :hug:ROSEBUD :hug: ^Prayers^ continue as always ...

iriswhispers
10-20-2009, 11:28 AM
CD, that's great that your son's sermon was posted!

Pink, how are you doing? Prayers for you and your schoolwork. I can sympathize with the stress!

Gary, that's so neat about the new center at your church - sounds like it has everything you could need! There is a baptist church in my hometown that has a facility kind of like that - I forget what they call it - but it was such a Godsend for my friend and her daughter because she could send her daughter to activities there after school while she was working. (They're Christian but not Baptist, but it is open to the whole community). Prayers that the new center will reach many people and be a blessing to them!

Rosebud, how true about money. I'm glad you were able to get your center built!

The Bible study I was going to go to last night... I did not. They announced that the location was changing and I couldn't get in touch with the girl hosting it to find out which apartment it was in. I'm a little discouraged that she didn't respond to my message BUT I know it wasn't anything personal and I will try to go next week.

EZMONEY
10-20-2009, 06:00 PM
I just lost a long post...you will get the abbreviated one now :)

IRIS ~ Glad you are staying...hope it works out next week with Bible study...

ROSEBUD ~ great job on walking....we downsized last year...kids got a bunch of Christmas stuff...

SCOOTER ~ very cool to hear your son's sermons! Does he post them on a website?

PINKFLAMINGO ~ Hope you feel better...glad the church is welcoming you!

HELLO TO TRISH ~ BARGOO ~ RYANNE ~ BOOTSIE ~ KAREN ~ AGS ~ RONNI ~ WILMA ~ SUGA ~ COURTNEY ~ GODS TEMPLE ~ AND ALL!!!!

Karen31
10-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Hello everyone, Just thought that I would pop in here this evening and Hi! Things have been really busy here but going great. My Aunt is doing fantastic! The Dr. said she can begin driving again but to make them short trips for right now. She is already chomping at the bit to get back to work!

I thought that I would post a couple pictures of the pool now. I went ahead and put one from day one and also one from yesterday. We are filling it now and they will be coming tomorrow to hook up the plumbing if it doesn't rain. Once that is done they will winterize it and then cover it and I will try to sit back and wait for April or May when I can uncover it and get ready for swimming! It sure doesn't even look like the same "hole" in the ground! I'm pretty excited. What do you think of the liner---I can't believe it is going to take 20,563 gallons of water to fill it!!

CountingDown
10-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Rosebud - :cp: on the walking!

Karen - awesome pictures! That pool came out so beautifully! I love the tile!

Iris - bummer about the Bible study - hopefully it will work out next week.

Hi to everyone else!

A busy day again today - at least these crazy days go fast. I WAS able to walk today (didn't need the car during the day) so I got in about 5 miles :)

Blessings to all, and prayers ascending!

EZMONEY
10-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks Scooter...I will listen to it tomorrow!

back to the game....

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-20-2009, 10:55 PM
:wave:HELLO PEOPLE ~ we had a mixed bag of weather today but it was nice, some sun and cloud and a tiny bit of rain or something like it for only a few minutes. We had to go up town again for some things we forgot: DH's mustard ... oh dear, we can't go without that becuz he puts it on EVERYTHING: sandwiches, hamburgers, and hotdogs, etc. So I also picked up a few other things and took advantage of the opportunity to get in some more walking. :carrot:

In the afternoon, the :sunny: was out more, so I was able to plant some more flower bulbs: put in three rows of varying sizes and kinds of crocuses and other wildcover flowers plus some more tulips and daffodils, and some other ones I can't remember all the names of. It should look pretty come next spring. I filled up one garden section; that leaves one more for veggies next year; and the last section will have taller perennial bushes and plants, which I have seeded, so we'll see if they come up or not. I still have some bulbs left, so I may plant some along the front of the house too.

KAREN ~ that pool looks AWESOME; love that liner ... looks so exotic and almost like there is water in it already. I bet it will be so peaceful for mind, body, and spirit. I don't blame you for being excited one bit ... :D

LAURIE ~ I will try to listen to your son's sermon; hope I can as my computer is a bit older (a Pentium III), but I'll try ... thanks for sharing the link! Gonna try downloading the MP3 version ... oh, I was able to listen to the streamlined version with the newer version of flashplayer that was provided there too.

I think that he did very well -- interesting comparison between then and now; and how self-righteousness seems to evolve and can take on so many forms; a good reminder of what we are really called to: to share GOD's love and light with others. Glad I was able to listen to it ...

GARY ~ that happened to me once this past week too ... aaarg! Hope the game was good ...

An ambulance just flew by with lights flashing; sent up prayers for patient, family, and doctors. Just takin' it ez tonight; sore feet from the walking and gardening, but I'm glad I did it anyways.

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY tomorrow; take good care of yourselves ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug: prayers continue ...

iriswhispers
10-21-2009, 10:46 AM
EZ, I like the daily devotion you posted today. Last Friday we were talking about literary criticism of the Bible. This is clearly something different, but I like to hear what highly educated people (nonbelievers) are saying about religion, the Bible, etc. and have some responses for it.

Rosebud, sounds like you will have a beautiful garden in the spring! I loved seeing the crocuses come up when I was living in PA... the promise of spring breaking through the cold ground! Here in the desert we don't plant things like this, too dry, but I think some of the things like the cactus flowers show that beauty.

CD, I want to set aside some time to listen to your son's sermon. The "very liberal" caveat actually makes me more interested - I am a quite liberal Christian myself.

I'm currently deciding on coursework for the spring semester. Technically I am DONE with courses and just need to finish my research and present on my internship, so the plan was to take it easy next semester. But as usual, there are too many things I am interested in! Also I think it is good for me to have the structure of classes I need to go to at a certain time - otherwise I am left to my own devices (I also set my own work schedule) and things get a bit out of hand.

As such - I want to take another semester of biostatistics and epidemieology, but there is also a seminar on Geriatrics (I worked in a nursing home before returning to school and want to go in to primary care) that sounds really interesting, the applied epidemiology course I'm taking now that is repeatable (we do local outbreak investigations)... oh, and I was strongly considering taking another undergrad-level organic chemistry course to strengthen my med school apps! Clearly this is too much. SIGH!

Sorry for the grad school ramble - I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. Blessings to all :)

EZMONEY
10-21-2009, 12:06 PM
SCOOTER ~

Loved your son's sermon :) A bit more "political" than I am used to in a church service ;) but I was not offended in any way. I know you are very proud, as you should be :hug:

I liked the part about being on BART and the McDonald's/organic situation....

don't want to be a "SPOILER" here....

gotta go....

CountingDown
10-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi all - Thanks for the comments on the sermon. Living in Oakland definitely has influenced the kids!

Their congregation is very different from ours, but they are a loving bunch! And so welcoming! Some of the folk in our congregation could learn from their caring demeanor.

Another crazy day today - I'm getting really tired of the 12 hour shifts! Particularly since they don't come with any extra pay :(

Oh, well - I need an attitude adjustment - really. I am blessed to HAVE a job :yes:

I'm going to try to get some more work done on the Christmas presents I am knitting.

Hope you all had a wonderful, blessed day!

Prayers continuing!

Laurie

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-21-2009, 09:19 PM
HI FOLKS ~ just a quiet day at home today; weather was very dull ... gray and cloudy all day ... yuck. I practiced playing my organ for over an hour this AM as I missed yesterday from being so busy. My childhood teacher said to practice for 15 minutes a day or double that if you want to learn faster. I managed to figure out some nice instruments with some of my favorite songs today as well.

I made whole wheat pasta and a veggie sauce with about 4 oz of sausage cut up into small pieces; very tastey indeed and DH loved it. It made 5 servings; 2 for another day as well or for some lunches; and one for NIKO. I like the whole wheat pasta: I find it is very filling, and DH commented the same.

Moved the last of the Christmas boxes into the spare room so I can sort them out in there and keep the rest of the house in order. At least we have lots more room in our porch and shed now; and when this is done, we'll have lots more room everywhere. Am glad that we are almost done with the sorting; this is the last bit of it now.

LAURIE ~ I'm all for caring, loving, and very welcoming churches; I guess I'm a liberal too! :hug:

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

CountingDown
10-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi all - hope you are well!

I'm so glad the weekend is coming! I'm beat with these long hours!

The weather is cold and rainy and it doesn't do much to lift my mood. Time for a nice pot of homemade soup and more knitting. Tis the season ...

Blessings to all, and prayers ascending!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-22-2009, 07:55 PM
:wave: HI EVERYBODY ~ woke up to a bunch of ***** today; quite a bit, but then the :sunny: came out and melted a lot of it but I see tonight that there is still some left. With the sun shining, it kinda looked pretty on the trees ...

A bunch of our winter birds showed up today: chickadees, junkos, and sparrows (we get Song sparrows, House sparrows, American sparrows, Field sparrows, but some larger ones came today that looked like Chipping sparrows: a bit bigger but very pretty).

Went shopping to pick up some meat for the freezer today; got some good deals; then did some laundry in the afternoon. So I got some walking in but my eating was so-so; munched out on some popcorn this afternoon but not really big damage done I don't think; as the rest of the day was very good.

Anyways, time to put my feet up and rest a bit with a nice cuppa tea; take good care of yourselves ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

EZMONEY
10-22-2009, 08:57 PM

Angie is off at church teaching yoga in her new room :carrot: She is teaching it on Thursdays now instead of Wednesdays...this way she doesn't have to give up her BUNKO night or church yoga night once a month...she has been rotating.

I have just finished making mashed potatoes and will warm them up with some leftover turkey and gravy we have in the freezer...man do we have a lot of stuff in the freezer...I really need to cook like the kids are not here! Just don't know how to make 1/2 a lasagna ;)

I have been off work all week...fine with me...but those bills don't stop do they....:mad: We do have work out there coming up....but...

I will be getting surgery in a few weeks...finally!....I have a hernia that I have had for about 5 years...it really doesn't bother me much...sticks out a bit but not too bad...well, I went back to my doctor last week...figuring now would be a good time to get it done....I need 6 weeks off work...this is the first time it has worked out...well by golly I have one on each side now...so I will have double the surgery....lucky me ;)

He told me it would be quite painful....can't imagine it hurting worse than my anterior cruciate ligament surgery on my knees years ago....lived through that. He told me he would give me plenty of pain medicine...not big on that stuff either...but I will take it as needed.

Weired thing...I have been in the specialists office before...where I went yesterday....for the same thing 5 years ago...the doctor said no hurry...come back when I could go 6 weeks w/o work (telling me as long as it didn't do this strangle thing I was OK) well that never happened until now. There are 2 docs in there...last time I saw Dr. W.....yesterday I saw Dr. R....well I recognized him since I was with my sister when she was getting gurney-ed back for her breast cancer surgery...he came to chat with her before she went under...same doctor!

Of course when he introduces himself..."Hello, I'm Dr. R..."...then I haf'ta say.."Yes, I know...you just cut my sister's boobs off"

Sometimes I am a bit tacky! ;)...boy did he have a surprised look on his face...I then told him my sisters name and explained that I was there when....

SCOOTER ~ Prayers for a restful week-end!

ROSEBUD ~ Get those walks in ....and the rest....love those changing of the birds stories ;) when the weather comes...

HELLO TO ALL :hug:

Karen31
10-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Gary, will be saying prayers that your surgery goes well and your recovery is a speedy one! Keep us updated on all.

EZMONEY
10-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks KAREN...surgery will be NOV. 12th...

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-22-2009, 10:46 PM
GARY ~ you could always tell ANNIE that you are having "Sympathy Surgery" for her ... or would that be a 'tacky' joke? ;) ^Prayers^ ascending for you that the surgery and recovery go very well ... :hug:

:wave: HI KAREN ~ nice to see you ...

iriswhispers
10-23-2009, 01:08 AM
Gary, prayers that all goes well with your surgery and that you have a quick recovery! Also, I don't believe you said that to the doc! :lol: I sure would have loved to see his face... too funny.

Rosebud, how are things going with the organ?

CD, now that the weekend is almost here I should have a chance to listen to your son's sermon. =)

Weather here is becoming really beautiful. Tonight I went to watch a friend perform and was walking home afterwards LOVING the 70 degree air. This helps me to look on the bright side - it's much more enjoyable for me to be living here when it is not over 100 degrees!

Ryanne
10-23-2009, 07:36 AM
Adding my prayers to yours and everyone else's. :hug:

EZMONEY
10-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Hi GALS ~

Hanging out waiting for Angie to come home for our Friday night kitchen Happy Hour...lately we have been having it in the family room watching Tyler Perry's House of Pain...got hooked on those re-runs.

Yep IRIS...I did say that...just like that! Sometimes my mouth "shoots" a lot faster than my brain...he looked a bit startled too...maybe he thought I was gonna get him!! I quickly explained how I had seen him when he came to see my sister off to the anesthesiologist. Glad the weather there is cooler...it is a nice time of year there now....spent a few years in Yuma as a kid...brutal summers!

I will tell her ROSEBUD....She was the first one I called after I had my appointment with Dr. R.

Have a great evening everyone!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-23-2009, 08:00 PM
HI EVERYONE ~ hope you are all having a FABULOUS FRIDAY NIGHT ... just takin' it ez at home tonight. We had Pita Pizzas for dinner and homemade veggie & dumpling soup for lunch. Still cold here but the sun did shine for us today!

We had many new fine feathered friends come by again today looking for food as some of the snow is still on the ground -- junkos, chickadees, and mixed sparrows. Had a good day overall. Hope you all have too!

IRIS ~ practiced for over an hour today; I'm trying to do 30 minutes a day or 1 hour every other day. It sounds pretty nice, esp with the different instruments on the left hand (for the chords). I still have to figure out how to use the instruments on the top row; maybe I'll google this organ and see what I can find out.

HEY BOOTSIE ~ I hope everything is OK with you all down there in Texas; will pray that your PC problems will be resolved for you very quickly.

HEY, TO ALL OUR OTHER CE'ers and MIA's ~ hope you all have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND; and take good care of yourselves too ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-24-2009, 12:40 AM
We have snowstorm #2 going on outside right now: DH went to take NIKO out to do his duty for the last time tonight -- and I could hear him SHOVELLING ... oh now, there's a hint! :lol:

Guess we got spoiled last year with no big snows until mid-November; but maybe this will melt over the next few days as they are calling for some :rain: too. Oh boy ... ;) Now they are sending out freezing rain warnings ... :cool:

Here's a really pretty picture that a local lady took here; the second one is our first snowstorm in the north; the third one is a strange "independance day" cloud that came over our town in August; and the last one is just a pretty campfire earlier this month.

We have been having some really awesome signs and wonders in our skies here for the last few years ...

Be back in a while; have to downsize'er first ... haha; forgot! ;)

Turns out that I can't load it at this time as the size for this type of pic has been lowered for some reason??? I put one in earlier this month the same size and type and it came in, so I'll have to modify again ... :dizzy: OK -- got it all figured out finally!

THANKS, GARY ~ sweet dreams to both you and Angie ...

EZMONEY
10-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Heading to bed ROSEBUD but sending you warm prayers!

wilma12
10-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Rosebud: Ours will be coming next week. Stay warm.

Garry: Prayers going up for you.

We had a wonderful vacation. SOOO good to see our kids, where they live and work, etc. Had a great time. The fall colours were incredible. I plan on framing a few shots we took.

Came home to have a colonscopy. Not fun but the results were clear so I guess it was worth it. I'm very thankful.

DH has surgery on his arm on Monday morning so I would appreciate prayers for that. He is having an old burn injury repaired. It will solve a few problems for him so we're really glad he can have it done.

I've been eating well and am starting to exercise. Don't fall over Garry!! I bought a WII FIT and it is inspiring me to get moving. I won't use it for everything but so far it's fun.

Hello to everyone out there. I keep you in my prayers.

EZMONEY
10-25-2009, 12:00 AM
.....and am starting to exercise. Don't fall over Garry!!

:faint: ;)

CountingDown
10-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi all - hope you had a great weekend!
Prayers ascending for all requests :)

We had church activities all day yesterday and today - I'm beat, and I still need to vacuum and dust and finish the laundry.

Thankfully, I have the cooking done for the week (well, mostly).

I was able to sneak in a weightlifting workout today. I dug out the winter boots and scarves and mittens - our weather has been such that we NEED them!

I can't wait for our trip to TN next month ;)

Blessings to all- and prayers continuing!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-25-2009, 09:03 PM
:wave: HI EVERYBODY ~

We had a nice mix of :sunny: and ***** today, and we decided to go for a drive this afternoon just to get out and enjoy that lovely sunshine. We picked up some premade homestyle dinners that were on sale on the way home; so I cheated in that I didn't have to make it. Just popped it in the oven and let the oven do the work.

I had cabbage rolls and DH had his favorite Fireside Pie which is just another version of Shepherd's pie (it has carrots for the veggie instead of corn -- that's all). He loved it so much, he ate almost the whole thing; I just barely managed to get a couple of spoonfuls to taste it (and it was good). I have some cabbage rolls leftover for lunch tomorrow too.

So I managed to get in some walking today and ate well today too (kudos for that); it was a good day overall. I had caught a mild cold from DH and I felt a bit sickly for a few brief moments today, but they didn't last long, so I'm so very glad about that. I thought that it might be my Metformin as that can make you queezy sometimes too.

HI WILMA ~ glad you had such a nice visit with your kiddies; oh I bet it was so lovely down there at this time of year. That's one thing I do miss about living in southern Ontario where I was born and raised. I miss the awesome fall weather and scenery, but I am told that the summers are getting quite hot down there these days. Have sent up some ^PRAYERS^ for your DH's surgery tomorrow too ...

LAURIE ~ you need another holiday after all the work you have been doing. You and your DH are fortunate that you are able to get time off to go on these trips; they sound like such fun. We've had our winter stuff out for a couple of weeks now: good thing we took it out when we did ... had a funny feeling about it! ;)

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a lovely Sunday today -- take good care ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

bargoo
10-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Gary, I have my calendar marked for Nov 12 so will be in prayer for your surgery and recovery. If you talked like that to your doctor when stone, cold sober , what are you going to say under anesthesia ? That should be pretty good.

CountingDown
10-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Rosebud, you are so right - we are very BLESSED that we can take the time off.
DH has PTO (paid time off) - working at the hospital, they bunch his vacation and sick time into one pool. If you are sick, the first three days must be taken from your PTO. THEN you can apply for sick leave. This eliminates people calling in sick for no good reason because they want the day off - and then leaving the rest of the staff short-handed. Yet, it also rewards people that are healthy and never use sick time - it give them more "vacation" time.

I actually negotiated for extra vacation when the kids moved to CA. I traded my raise for more time off. It was a whole quality of life thing for me. Of course it is a delicate balance - so many times in my life I've had the time and not the money. Other times I've had the money and not the time. Now - in our "old age" we are trying to find the right balance - where we have enough time AND enough money to travel to see family regularly :)

As I said - we are very, very blessed!

Now, if those kids would just think about giving me grandbabies, I would have to negotiate for even MORE vacation time ;)

wilma12
10-25-2009, 09:54 PM

Rosebud. Here's a couple of the shots we took. Incredible colours!

Everlasting
10-26-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi everyone. Just joined this site, but I'm glad to see there is a Christian support group on here! The Lord has truly been a part of my lifestyle change.

"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-26-2009, 03:58 PM
:welcome: to our thread, EVERLASTING ~ glad you found us over here ... I love that verse too; the way of escape is there -- we just need to pray for it, look for it, and take it; sounds ez, but it does take committment and determination though ... ;)

THANKS, WILMA ~ those are lovely pictures! How do you manage to get such large pictures to downsize like that so that you can put them in, and then they enlarge again when we click on them??? When I try to put a bigger shot in, it is always way too big and they won't accept it. I still can't seem to figure that all out ... but thanks, for the lovely fall colors. When we went across the province over to Peterborough (along the east border), we encountered many of those windy roads; boy, you want to be awake driving thru them ... :lol:

LAURIE ~ that is a very clever 'pooling' scheme that your DH has at his hospital; maybe that will catch on in other places and help with the problem of "fake illness" absenteeism; could save lots of tax payer's dollars for sure ... some places here add unused sick days to the vacation, but if they were pooled together right from the start, people might think twice before using them so recklessly ... very smart idea!

:wave: HI to EVERYONE ELSE ~ hope you are having a Marvellous Monday .... :hug:

EZMONEY
10-26-2009, 06:59 PM

Just hanging out watching House of Payne and waiting to start dinner. I'm on tonight since Angie goes right from school to another school to teach yoga to the teachers. Easy one....pasta with a new sauce we bought at the produce market and pulling out some Italian sausage from the freezer I cooked awhile back and salad.

We met my daughter at a sports bar for lunch yesterday after church. Amanda and I had an Aztec chicken sandwich and fries while Angie had a veggie burger. First time I have had the Aztec chicken (ortega chile, avocado and jack cheese), usually I have the Aztec burger...both good! We almost always eat there when we see a play in downtown San Diego since it is right across the quad from where the plays are....easy trip right down from church and it gives us time to visit.

We saw Lion King...way cool! I had never seen the movie before so I really didn't know the story....I guess my kids were a little older when it came out so I never saw it with them....Amanda said she saw it a lot at my sister's house with her cousins. Good to see her without the :p kidnapper :p ;)

My sister started her chemo today...so far she is doing ok...hugs for her.

Had some disturbing news at the dentist today :( looks like I will eventually lose my upper right molar....dang...it has a major crown on it and has had for some time....doc said the crown is fine but the tooth is slowly deteriorating and there isn't enough to crown onto anymore...oh well..it is 55 years old! At least it doesn't show!

ROSEBUD ~ Nothing wrong with a pre-made dinner to give the cook a day off every now and then ;) We have a couple of places near us...Dream Dinners and ..uh...well I forget the other one....where you can go and put your meals together yourself. They send out a menu so you can go when there is enough of variety for you to choose from . i have never gone...something my ex-wife does though..she has given us some of the meals to try and they are good. It's a nice way to have something decent stashed for those rainy/snow/blizzard days! Or the stuck in traffic days we have here :D

SCOOTER ~ I love DH's vacation/sick day plan....here in construction if you are sick...you are sick and no pay! Unless you are in the supervisor category and then it's just salary most of the time...which you have already earned from all the overtime you don't get ;)

BARGOO ~ Oh...I suppose I may add a few cuss words ;)

EVERLASTING ~ :welcome3:

WILMA ~ Great pictures...and how do you get them to grow? Angie will be having one of those "treatments" next Monday.

Don't be afraid to stop by and say hello MIA's...me too....;)

iriswhispers
10-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Hey everyone - looks like I've been an MIA - oops! I had a rough weekend emotionally and didn't handle it very well... but I am making myself continue to do what I need to do this week and praying for the wisdom to see God's will for me from here.

:welcome2: to everlasting!

Gary, I am drooling over the "aztec chicken" you described eating. mmmm!

Continued prayers for everyone - I hope this is a truly blessed week!

EZMONEY
10-26-2009, 07:50 PM

Gary, I am drooling over the "aztec chicken" you described eating. mmmm!

You can make it at home kiddo! Pretty simple sports bar burger....wheat bun ~ chicken breast or burger ~ 2 ortega chilies ~ melted jack cheese over it and 1/2 an avocado cut into 2 slices ....easy and a nice twist...

they get the "Aztec" part for being near San Diego State....the Aztecs.... :)

iriswhispers
10-27-2009, 01:02 AM
Yum! That may be on the menu for next week! =)

I went to Bible study tonight - the one I tried to go to last week - and I have a prayer request: I found out that a girl I recently met who's also a grad student here got hit by a car while riding her bike today. She's okay (as much as one can be after that) but has to have surgery tomorrow.

EZMONEY
10-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Prayers for your friend IRIS...how scary!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-27-2009, 05:24 PM
IRIS ~ ^Prayers^ are on there way for your friend's surgery tomorrow, and for a quick and full recovery ...

CountingDown
10-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Hi all - a quick fly in. Crazy busy hours at work again this week.
Iris - prayers ascending!

Gary - Yeah - DH is very blessed. Working for a non-profit hospital has been trying over the years - about 30-40% less money than in retail, but the job IS stable :D

Same with me in the school district - we are definitely counting our blessings!

Everlasting :welcome: glad you joined us! I hope you post often so we get to know you!

Blessings!!!

wilma12
10-27-2009, 10:46 PM
I have no idea how the pics enlarged like that. It was a total accident on my part. I just went into the manage attachements and downloaded them from my computer.

DH's surgery went well. He'll be in the hospital for a few days so I'll be spending my evenings there with him. He is in a lot of pain right now but is looking forward to a better quality of life when this is all over. Thanks to those who prayed.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-27-2009, 11:26 PM
HI WILMA ~ glad to hear that your DH's surgery went well; and will send up some prayers for pain relief for tonight as well ...

Re: the pics -- maybe it depends on the kind of camera you use or the type of pic files you have with your program; I guess it could be one of several things ... :shrug:

iriswhispers
10-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone! Thanks for the prayers for my friend who was in the bike accident. She is doing ok but waiting to see if she will be able to leave the country next week as planned - she's a grad student and was supposed to be doing research in South America.

Hi, Wilma! I'm glad to hear your husband is doing well. =)

Laurie I hope you are getting through your crazy work week without too much stress!

ronni62
10-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi, everyone!

Wilma-glad you had a nice trip! Praying for your DH.

Gary-prayers for your tooth issue, as well as for the upcoming surgery. Glad you had a nice time with your daughter!

Iris-prayers for your friend, and glad it wasn't worse.

Everlasting-welcome!

Rosebud,Bargoo, and everyone else-:hug:

We've just been busy, busy, but don't ever really seem to get anything accomplished. DH is at his mom's right now, as she had knee replacement surgery yesterday. He had to take care of the dog and cats, but will be able to come home this afternoon, so he can go to DS2's football game tonight (1st sub-state play-off game). Team's undefeated again this year, but sometimes that's a bad thing, as they don't get much competition from the other teams in our district and then they have a harder time in the play-off games. The state championship has been within reach the last couple years, I guess, but they just haven't made it the whole way. So, we'll just keep cheering them on!

My dad has found that drinking a malt on his way to work after his radiation treatment helps him be able to swallow for the rest of the day, so he's been able to eat solid food again this week. I'm amazed, as he hadn't even been able to swallow mashed potatoes last week. He's halfway done now, so hoping for the best. I did send him a letter and the book "He did this just for you". I know he got them, but he hasn't said anything more about it. I just continue to pray for him to be open to the Spirit.

Not much else to share. Hope you all have a great day!

EZMONEY
10-28-2009, 06:46 PM

Boy is it windy here today. Angie is out taking a jog/walk in it. She gets her yoga in that's for sure but hasn't taken the dogs for walks, since I have been doing it with so many short days at work. She says she needs some cardio. So windy here the dogs didn't even want to go! :D

Had to make a Lowes and Home Depot run today...can't believe the Christmas stuff is already out...wow...not even Halloween yet.

Thank you all for the "blessings" on my tooth :) My dentist has been trying to save it for a few years now...just one of those things...at least I have all my others...well...except for the one that is bridged.

RONNI ~ Good news for the boy and football game. Glad your dad seems to be doing OK at least...prayers continue for salvation!

WIMA ~ Glad to hear DH's surgery went well. Enjoy that hospital food ;)

IRIS ~ Glad your friend wasn't hurt anymore than she was.

ROSEBUD ~ Good to hear your brother is doing better.

SCOOTER ~We always have blessings to count...we see that more the older we get...even in the tough times..

HELLO EVERYONE!

CountingDown
10-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi all, hope you are well!

Gary, I had the same problem with an upper molar a couple years ago. I was so bummed to have it finally pulled after going through all sorts of procedures to save it. Actually, other than being a space to entertain my tongue - it hasn't been bad at all.

Ronni - prayers continuing for your family, so much going on - prayers fro strength for you as well.

Iris - prayers continuing for your friend's healing!

Wilma - prayers ascending for your DH!

Not much new here - work is the same. DS2 is still attending his classes (thank you all for your prayers - and please continue). MAYBE this time things will finally click for him.

I started a new weight routine and injured my elbow. Lots of pain, and limited movement - so - prayers would be appreciated.

So many schools here closed for H1N1. Of course WE aren't closed - we are the only school in the area still open. Thankfully, we haven't reached a critical number of sick kids yet.

Prayers continue for everyone!

Blessings to all!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-29-2009, 01:03 AM
:wave: HI FOLKS ~ it took me ages to be able to get in here and post tonight; had a problem with a big ad on the main page that was freezing up my pc and internet page; took me three tries and a delay before I could finally get in here and post ... :?:

We didn't get the sun they promised but at least it didn't rain or snow today; just a dull, gray overcast but it could have been much worse. It actually got up to 5C today ... woo-hoo ... spent a lot of time on my feet walking around here so I didn't bother going out tonight as my feet were already hurting by dinner time.

Had a busy day as we started to work on putting up our Christmas lights; we actually wanted to put them up for Hallowed Eve. Couldn't find enuff orange bulbs, so we used yellow instead and that really brightened things up on our front porch; we will finish up tomorrow by putting up the pumpkin men I made today. That took us all afternoon by itself.

RONNIE ~ thanks for the update on your Dad; so glad that he found a way to help his throat feel better so that he could eat. When you say MALT, do you mean cold beer or something else; that is good info to know for those who may be going through a similar thing. What brave souls going thru all that; and he still goes to work afterwards ... GOD BLESS HIM INDEED! ^Prayers^ continue ... :hug:

^PRAYERS^ continue for all your concerns here as well ... Laurie's DS2, Iris's friend, Wilma's DH, all those kids sick with H1N1 and so forth!

NOTE: I am supposed to have a root canal on November 2nd; that has been a concern to me too -- to go thru all that and then just have to have it removed anyways. I think I am going to have another talk with that dentist when I go. I also have another appointment late in the month for a couple of fillings ~ it is the drilling that bothers me more than anything else. I would appreciate prayers becuz the drilling makes me nauseous for some reason ... thanks!

Made boneless center pork chops and a nice mix of steamed veggies and rice for dinner tonight; it turned out really good. I must have been tired too becuz after I put my legs up at only 8:30 pm, I nodded off after reading a bit until about 11:15. Our NIKO came out to check on me and was laying near the sofa, then started playing games with my feet and that woke me up ...

Tomorrow, we hope to get the rest of the decos done out front, so that will keep us busy again. Hope you all have a nice day tomorrow too; take good care of you and yours ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

wilma12
10-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Good Morning all!

DH update: He is doing better. His pain is lessening but he is very uncomfortable. He is not to move his left arm at all and he cannot adjust himself in the bed. Being in one position like that is really hard on the tailbone. thanks for your prayers. We know we can feel them.

ronni62
10-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Good morning!- At least, it must be a good one somewhere....here, it's cold, dark, raining, thundering, and just generally gloomy and miserable. Oh, well, at least the team won the game last night, so on to the next play-off round, which, fortunately, will be another home game for us-yay!

Rosebud-the malt my dad drinks is no longer beer, as he's become allergic to alcohol. I told him it was God's way of getting him to quit ;)(he's been an alcoholic since I was young). A malt here is similar to a milkshake, only they add malt powder to the ice cream and milk. It makes me sick, but many people, including dad and DH, love them. So, he has a chocolate malt after his radiation treatments and, apparently, it's still working. He was planning on Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner yesterday! The doc also said they are reducing the "shooting" area of radiation, because the tumor is getting smaller. Hoping dad can see God's hand in all of this, you know.

Wilma-praying for your DH (and you, too!)

Well, must go take care of a couple things. There's finally an H1N1 shot clinic today, so DS3 can get immunized, but only him, as it's only for ages 2-18 with other medical conditions, so none of the rest of us qualify. Hoping they get the stuff out to us soon as there's a lot of people infected with it here.

Have a great day!:hug:

iriswhispers
10-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Rosebud, yikes, root canal! That doesn't sound pleasant... prayers that it will go well and not be too painful.

CD, prayers for your healing and for your husband's as well, Wilma and your dad, Ronni.

Gary, how is your sister doing? Has she started chemo yet? I'm continuing to pray for her.

I got the H1N1 nasal vaccine Tuesday - b/c I work in healthcare I was eligible. We have plenty of cases but luckily no recent school closings around here - still, I think it may hit later in the season.

CountingDown
10-29-2009, 08:10 PM
For those having trouble getting past the main page:
Bookmark this thread, and then you can always come straight here :)

Rosebud - prayers for your root canal! I've had several, and they aren't too bad - just remember to ice your jaw afterward to reduce the swelling.

Wilma - prayer continuing for both of you!

Ronni - prayers for your dad. I like malts - and I LOVE malted milk balls ;) Takes me back to my childhood for sure!

Iris - thanks for the prayers!

A better day today. Work was very productive and our school is closing tomorrow. Parent paranoia is reaching fever pitch. We don't have that many kids out sick, but all the other schools around us are closed, so parent pressure won the day.

Actually, it is a blessing for me - a quiet day without my phone ringing off the hook. And, the whole central office staff agreed to wear blue jeans and gold shirts (our school colors) in honor of the football playoff game on Saturday. It should be a more relaxing day than normal.

I'm afraid that we are getting Ronni's weather tomorrow :( But, maybe it will be nice for the kids on Saturday.

Blessings :)

Laurie

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-29-2009, 08:42 PM
WILMA ~ glad to hear your DH is improving; will continue to pray for complete healing and restoration, as well as comfort for him as well ... :hug:

RONNIE ~ that was so cute and probably true what you told your Dad about the alcohol: that GOD did that so he couldn't drink anymore (PTL -- for that victory)! I am going to pray that for my middle brother: he has not drank for almost two years now, but I am going to pray that if he ever does try to drink again, that the Holy Spirit will make him sick so he can't drink it ... tsk, tsk, aren't we naughty! Hey, I'll try whatever works to keep our loved ones away from those terrible addictions ... thanks for the idea. Oh, Praise GOD -- that the tumor is shrinking; I will pray that will continue until it is all gone. Good to know about the malt shakes (I knew it had to be one or the other) for those who take the radiation, esp for the throat. We had a friend who had that same kind of cancer, as did one of my grandfathers.

THANKS, LAURIE ~ Geepers, you gals are giving me the WILLIES ... :lol: I am going to be so nervous about that now, as I have never had one before. I asked the dentist if it was painful and he said, "no" it's not like it used to be in the past, but he didn't look me in the eye when he said it! I told DH I am not sure I want to have it. I have had teeth pulled and I never felt a thing. One of my Aunts said she had many root canals and never had any problems at all; so I thought I'd consider it, but I am having second thoughts about it, becuz I do have a wisdom tooth that could come down and replace it ... hmmm. I have been vascillating and praying about what to do for several days; and I think that you all have helped me make up my mind to go with my gut feeling which is to have it pulled ... so thanks!

IRIS ~ yes, DH and I are considering a flu vaccine for the very first time this year; my doctor says that becuz of our ages (51 and 61 respectively) -- that we should have them from now on. I didn't know that they had developed a vaccine for the H1N1 virus already, but I am glad to hear they have. We lost a teenage boy in a city near us; and a young lady from here (only 30 y/y) died of that virus as well, but she was living in Montreal at the time, and also had other health problems too. Yes, people are getting very nervous about this virus and are swamping our emergencies ...

Had a good day; no rain and that's nice -- hope it stays that way for Halloween for the kiddies' sakes. We got all our decos up but it took us all day; and they look great. Took some pics of them too. My feet are very sore from all the walking today; no need for extra today. We had a fun dinner tonight -- DH picked up some homemade fries and gravy , while I made us each a hamburger on a whole wheat bun (no avocados, I'm afraid) ... ;)

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY tomorrow ... :hug: ROSEBUD :hug:

EZMONEY
10-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi Gals ~

watching the World Series....son just came by and dropped off 3 bags of chips...like I really need that! His friend drives for a major chip supplier....they take all the chips that are ready to expire and toss them..or give them away...they can't give them to homeless shelters because "they are expired"...but they are still fine...maybe not totally fresh but plenty good enough to eat...Angie will be taking doritos and bbq lays to school tomorrow!

Angie is off at church teaching yoga...moved to Thursday nights.

Knucklehead and I have been texting back and forth all day on plane tickets...he had to borrow some more cash out of an account I have for himmmmaaarrrggghhh...wink....he will pay it back...oh yeah...HE WILL!! If I don't save it for him no one will....He is one of those kids that will always have an "emergency"....Uncle Gary is a pretty good guy but not a doormat...Luckily he has no idea how much I have in his account...he thinks it's just a few hundred...wrong....I was able to put a little away each week for him towards college...it added up...he didn't go to college so instead of giving it to him in a lump sum (which would be all gone by now) I allow him to borrow from the account...and pay back what he borrowed before he can borrow more...he still owes it $400...and now he needs $$$ to fly home for Christmas...I am making an exception this time...because I wanna see the little turkey!

SCOOTER ~ Angie always gets to wear levis on Fridays...with her school shirt. She was dressed "clash" today...yesterday it was jammies day....something all week...enjoy your time off of parents/kids!

IRIS My sister is doing OK...she had her first bout of chemo on Monday. I hope your Halloween is fun...come over here and join Angie and I for trunk or treat...wink

RONNI ~Prayers for good weather and good wishes for the team tomorrow!

WILMA ~ Glad DH is doing better with the arm...sounds very hard to keep it still though...doctors told me no coughing or sneezing when I come home from the hernia operation....riiiiight....I have dogs...hairy hairy dogs!

ROSEBUD ~ LOL...my mutts wake me up to put them to bed if I fall asleep in my chair and Angie is gone! Pork chops sound good, haven't had those in a wile...having leftover pork loin from a month or so ago tonight...food sure lasts a long time here w/o those kids!

In fact better go start those mashed potatoes...

BE GOOD GALS!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-30-2009, 10:04 PM
:wave: HI FOLKS ~ well, I wish I could say that we got the sunshine they had promised but it didn't show; instead it was dark and rainy this AM. We waited til after lunch to go shopping and that was good idea becuz just as we left the rain stopped and didn't rain again til we got home ... gee, thanks GOD; appreciate that! :D

Sure walked my feet off today; picked up some awesome deals today. Got to the store and they had some lovely center rib roasts on for only $1.00 lb (and No, that's not a typo), so I bought a nice big one for Christmas and a couple more for other times. We ordered a special wall heater for our bathroom as we have a central furnace here and that room needed something to take the edge off in the winter when we have our bath/showers. It looks great and we can mount it on the wall too.

So we had a great day and now it's time to rest and have a nice hot cuppa tea; our lights and decos look great out there. The winds have been a bit tuff on them; we had to go out tonight and fix some that got tossed around too much. They just have to last for one more night. We are expecting only about 25 kiddies as many go to church and community parties these days, but we have stuff for those who still like to comb the neighbourhoods.

I talked to my dentist's office today and they are quite OK with my decision to have that tooth pulled instead of a root canal. I have been battling to keep my wisdom teeth all these years just for this type of situation; now is the time to take advantage of that decision. My DH says that he doesn't blame me; that is why he had his all pulled.

My brother also told me recently that he had to have every tooth removed this year that had a root canal done. He is only 54 and said he spent an aweful amount of money on them only to have to have them all pulled out anyways (just like our Gary here). My biggest problem is that dental work makes me ill; and so I am glad to finally make a decision that best suits me and my situation.

We found out today that our gov is offering H1N1 vaccines in our area this month; I just have to find out when I can have it done as I am getting a tooth removed on Monday, but they have 6 days available in all. Plus we are supposed to get the regular flu vaccine done too, so I have to ask the dentist and doctor about that one too.

Hope you all have a great weekend; and take good care of yourselves ...:hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

CountingDown
10-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Gary - our teachers get to wear jeans on Fridays too. But our Central Office staff never does. Only when school is closed do we "dress down" a bit.

Rosebud - sounds like you are at peace with your tooth decision. I'm betting it will work out fine for you.

A quiet day here. DH is working. My Mom and DS1 called to wish me a happy b'day :D

DH and I will go out after work. He will still be on call so we can't travel far, but our favorite coffee and wine bar has free dessert on your birthday, so I'm betting we will go there. They have a cheesecake that is calling my name ;)

Gotta get some laundry done, so I gotta fly.

Hope you all have a fun-filled Halloween.

Blessings!

Laurie

EZMONEY
10-31-2009, 01:34 PM
WELL HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOOTER!

EZMONEY
10-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Easy to miss your birthday since it isn't listed at the bottom of the community page SCOOTER!

I hope you have a great one!

Angie is at bell choir practice...we had a wonderful walk this morning to Starbucks. Took off about 6:30 under sweatshirt weather and got back at 8:15 under a very warm sun...absolutely gorgeous start to the day.

We will be at church tonight in our pirate gear...I will take a few pictures...providing I remember to bring the camera! Should be fun but I am missing a big USC game on TV...hope to get home to see them "WIN" late fourth quarter....hope...hope!

I will try and get back later gals...

HAVE A HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-31-2009, 04:31 PM
Wow ... it must be Halloween night -- people are scarce on this thread and other places! :lol: We have all our stuff up and ready; and DH already stole some chippies on the kids befor they've even arrived. We had a terrific storm last night; so I had to go rescue my friendly bonhomme and tie up my pumpkin man for the night. The weather is finally settling down a bit; hope it stays that way for the evening for the kiddies' sakes ...

:haphal: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! :haphal:

DH is now snoozing on the sofa waiting for the kiddies to arrive. I have never seen anyone else able to lay down and within seconds be snoring! :D I told him to stay like that and he'll scare the kiddies for sure. ;) When we lived in the country, the kiddies started arriving at 5 pm, but I don't know if that will be the same here or not. We used to always wait until dark as that was more fun for us.

Here's a link to some pictures of our Halloween Decos that we put on our front porch for the kiddies, if you'd like to take a peek at them too ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/183114-physical-challenges-october-5.html

:bday2you:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURIE!:bday2you:

Another October baby; I am too. When I was in grade school, in one of my classes, almost half the class had been born in October (and at least a few were born on October 31st; you are not alone); we thought that was strange. Our teacher surmised that it was the long, cold Canadian winters that caused this, esp between New Year's and Valentine's Day -- about nine months later, lots of October babies ... ;)

Hope you all have a good one people! :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

EZMONEY
10-31-2009, 05:21 PM
WELL HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO ROSEBUD!

Love the pics...will take some tonight and get into this show and tell thing!

just took some of Angie's pumpkins....CARVING her pumpkins...wink

CountingDown
10-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks Gary and Rosebud!
Yeah, I had my B-day and age hidden. I forgot I set it up that way in the beginning. I was pretty shy when I first started coming around here - of course that has changed ;)

Rosebud - LOVE the pictures!

We are scrooges this year. I closed up the house and we went out for a birthday celebration instead. DS2 is out of town visiting with friends.

Our dog is old and cranky and I don't trust him around all of the trick-or-treaters. I hate to lock him up because he cries the whole time. Thus, we decided to break from tradition and have a night on the town instead of handing out candy.

I must say, I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would.

Gary - can't wait to see the pictures!

Blessings!

Karen31
10-31-2009, 10:45 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURIE AND ROSEBUD!!! Loved looking at your pictures Rosebud. We've always lived out in the mountains and never have had trick or treaters. I talked to me neighbor here and he said they usually get about 50------ we had 7!!! Still have the light on but haven't heard from anyone in the last hour. We have our porch light on but didn't do any decorating--just didn't think about it.. Maybe next year.

EZMONEY
11-01-2009, 06:44 AM
Will somebody MOVE us to November...

I'm not gonna do it...wink

EZMONEY
11-01-2009, 09:16 AM
I posted some pictures of Angie and I from HALLOWEEN at church last night in the GENERAL CHATTER thread ~ Brought Home The THROPHY WENCH...

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-01-2009, 12:25 PM
CLOSED!!!

Our new NOVEMBER thread has been started; see you all over there ... :hug: