Old 10-01-2009, 05:35 AM   #1  
Lionel's Beautiful

Height: 5'3

Default Help, I've fallen off the wagon!

Well I've been going at the this dieting for seven months now and for a while there I maintained then I lost a little more putting my total at around 52 pounds. I know a lot but i got more to lose. Then I was having a hard time at my job ( I work with kids) and the stress built up more and more until I started emotionally eating, eating past when I was full and eating tons of bad take-out . So I started working at a different center last Monday and I already feel like the stress has washed away and I'm relax and happy again. But I still have been eating bad take-out. and a lot of it. I think now it has just become a new habit. I want to stop it again and get back on the right trak. Any suggestions? I would love to hear them, I am in dire need of support right now.

Last edited by bbybear712; 10-01-2009 at 05:37 AM.
bbybear712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/194/125

Height: 5'7

I'm new to the site, but not new to falling off the wagon :wink:.

My new mantra is

"yesterday is gone, I can't change it...tomorrow isn't here, nothing I can do for tomorrow. All I have to do is make it through today."

That's been helping me forgive myself for bad choices in the past. It's helping me not get overwhelmed with how far I have to go. I am just focusing on making the best choices for today.

Best of luck to you.
crzymom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:59 AM   #3  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

First of all -- CONGRATS on the loss you have had already! That is awesome!!!!

Now, down to business -- just as Crzy said -- you can only take it one day at a time, one step at a time. We've all been in the situation where we've had a bad day and made bad choices and instead of stopping ourselves THAT day it's always "well, I'll just eat better tomorrow, I've already been bad today so now it's okay to be REALLY bad." Not true... stop in your tracks and just because you falter doesn't mean you have an excuse to continue rolling down the hill. [I'm speaking to myself here too.] When you recognize what you're doing, try to be aware of what triggered it and not just the actions, but the emotions behind it and why you aren't dealing with them. You obviously know what works if you've had success thus far. Make a commitment... stick with it.

Even small choices throughout the day are better than NO choices at all. Instead of parking close to the store, park at the back of the parking lot and walk a little further. If you're going to get take out choose grilled or a salad instead of fried. Choose a fruit side vs. french fries.

YOu have this girl, you just gotta get back on track.

I saw that someone had posted or has in their signature something along the lines of.... is the instant gratification of eating what you WANT now better than the gratification of weighing less tomorrow? No, you'll just be beating yourself up later.

Last edited by Feral; 10-01-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #4  

Height: 5'11

When I fall off the wagon what helps me get back on its writing in my food journal so I can see how much im actually over eating and taking it slow. For me everytime i fall off its like starting over fresh and when I start over I have to do things gradually. I will get back watching my food then add a lil exercise until im back in the groove and working out and eating and doing everything I had been doing.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:48 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Not the end of the world.

But...

This is your life. This day, this hour, this minute you will never get back. You get one chance at this.

Don't cheat yourself by waiting till tomorrow or the day after to be at your best, your most fit. Get there today.

Good luck!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #6  
Lionel's Beautiful

Height: 5'3

Thank you guys for your help. A lot of inspiring words were there for me. I think you guys are right about not just continuing to slide down the hill stop in my tracks and make the rest of the day a better day. Don't overhwelm myself. I think that reading your messages help me realize in that moment that I stress myself out to much about food and need to think about it step by step day by day. Thank you!
bbybear712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 96.7/96.7/60

Height: 5'8

The support on here is great, isn't it?

Just remember: you've done it before, you can do it again.
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #8  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Me too! I'm off the wagon! Help! HELP!!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote