Old 09-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #1  

Height: 5'11

Unhappy UGH im so frustrated!!!

HELP! Ive been sitting at the same weight for a MONTH! I have tried everything to eating less calories to eating more calories to working out less to working out more and yet everytime i get on the scale NOTHING not even a gain. I feel like my scale is torturing me. Its the jeans curse! I currently only have one pair of jeans that fit which are the smallest jeans I have EVER worn (and they happen to be 6 years old) I cant seem to get any lower and It just DRIVES ME INSANE! Im 5'11 and i weight 193 im eating between 1200-1600 calories a day and drinking OVER a gallon of water a day and jogging and walking and cycling every day but Sunday for atleast 30-45 min. What am i doing wrong?
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:36 PM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Maybe too much water and you're muscles are holding it in from all the activity?

Are you calorie cycling?
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #3  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

If you're losing inches but not losing lbs then you're most likely gaining muscle. That's a good thing. It does throw off your average BMI reading, though, unless you use calipers to actually measure body fat. I wouldn't worry about it - just keep doing what you're doing.
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

They say the last few lbs are the hardest to get rid of- maybe you are stressing too much?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #5  

I haven't been calorie cycling per say but I have just been trying different things different weeks just to see if it will move the scale with no hope so apparently I cant find a good medium.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #6  

I am loosing inches but I also feel that I am not measuring myself correctly because it ALWAYS seems different and I know that I am stressed to the max but Its hard to de stress because its depressing me and driving me up the wall!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #7  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyFl View Post
I haven't been calorie cycling per say but I have just been trying different things different weeks just to see if it will move the scale with no hope so apparently I cant find a good medium.
Maybe just stick to one thing for a few weeks at a time - like calorie cycle for 4 weeks and just see what happens. The changing could be throwing your body for a loop.

I know how you feel about the measuring, I wish someone would come in and mark my body and be like PUT THE TAPE MEASURE *HERE*.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #8  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyFl View Post
I am loosing inches but I also feel that I am not measuring myself correctly because it ALWAYS seems different and I know that I am stressed to the max but Its hard to de stress because its depressing me and driving me up the wall!
I usually tell where I am by which hook my bra feels comfortable on.

Water retention will affect your weight and size, too. So make sure you weigh yourself at the same time of day across your interval. Also, take note of where you are at the same time during your monthly cycle, since that will affect water retention, too.

Finally, you might try taking a picture of yourself when you measure. Mark off a spot on the wall where you stand and where the camera is so you can good symmetrical shots every time, wearing the same clothes. If you see a visible improvement then you know you're on the right track, even if your scale is being a jerk.
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #9  
Resisting the Urge

S/C/G: 282.4/Ticker/199.9

Height: 5'8"

I got this emailed to me this morning and it might help you out.

http://www.ediets.com/news/NewsArticle.jsp?id=3500046
Essa415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #10  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I feel your pain To bust my SEVEN month plateau I did the following:

-got a personal trainer
-kept eating between 1200 and 1500 calories but changed what I was getting those calories from, and went a bit more whole foodish- avoiding highly processed food (so going for brown rice instead of white, whole grain bread instead of white, snacking on fruit instead of muesli bars etc)
-calorie cycled a little bit (not strictly, but it kinda tends to work out like that, so if i have a relatively high day, the next is going to be relatively low)
-changed up my workouts- now i do cardio and weights on alternate days, plus one day a week I spend with my personal trainer. I work out 5 days a week, mon to fri, for at least 45 mins. I make sure EVERY workout is a challenge. I keep track of my progress and try to beat whatever i did the time before by just a little bit. The weights programme was given to me by my trainer and changes around every 6 weeks

Hope some of this is helpful!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #11  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

oh and I try to drink plenty of water!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

You've gotten great advice! I am the queen of plateau's, I seem to lose 10 pounds and then stall out for a month or two (if I don't quit everything), very frustrating! What seems to work for me is getting focused on what I am eating, like Iconized Ghost said, whole foods vs processed foods. Lots of fruits and veggies and lean protein.

Are you on your last 10-15 pounds? I have heard they are a little harder to get rid of, so you gotta bring out all the stop! You can do this, and you have been doing this! Congrats on your weight loss!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #13  

Height: 5'11"

Pammy, I'm not a 20-something but I'm in the same boat. I'm also 5'11" (hello, fellow tall chick! ) and weigh 197 to your 193. So, basically the same boat. I've been averaging 1500-1600 calories and running 3-4 times a week but apparently that's not enough for me because I've lost like 2 pounds this month. But ask me tomorrow, because I'll probably be back up to 198.6, which is a weight that I've been seeing for WEEKS now.

Gahhhhh!!!!! My plan is to give it a little more time and then probably shake up my exercise a little. I don't think I really want to go much lower on calories because 1500 is already kind of difficult for me. So mostly I just wanted to say that I sympathize with you.

I was 165 before kids so I refuse to accept that 197 is where I belong.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

I am sorry I wish I could offer more help or suggestions but the only thing that I can think of is to switch up the type of exercising you are doing. I know someone else suggested that too!

Hopefully you can break the plateau!! Good Luck!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'6"

Stress is the key to weight gain. Naturally, when stressed our body produces a hormone that retains weight. To help, get rid of your last few pounds...try doing a relaxing walk in between those intense workouts. By focusing more on relaxing instead of exercising, this allows the fat retaining hormone levels to decrease. I have started meditative walking and I love it. There is nothing like enjoying nature and focusing of the calmness of it all, instead of placing the focus on the workout. Try it. And even if you don't lose weight, you'll feel better about your situation.
SizEsExY HeRe I cOmE is offline   Reply With Quote