Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #1  

Default ready-made daily meal plans at 1500 calories?

Hello all - so I am counting calories and keeping a food log now which has allowed me to smash through a nearly 3 month plateau. I'm also trying to keep carbs moderately low and always balance carbs w/ protein (I have insulin resistance so this is important.) Can anyone recommend a site with ready-made meal plans at 1500 calories? I've seen some in magazines like Health and Shape but just for a few days, and I haven't been able to find much online. Thanks!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #2  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

you can sign up for a free account at sparkpeople.com (don't know if I'll get in trouble for posting a link). You can select to have meals planned for you. I think it even gives you a printable grocery list. its been a while since I've been to that site though, so it may have changed.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #3  
Automatic Automation

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5'0"

Yeah. Spark People will give you a meal plan. When you sign up for an account they ask you some questions about what you want to accomplish and what you like to eat and then give you a meal plan and grocery list.
I will warn you, if you're a picky eater or if grocery money is tight it might not help you much. I am a little picky about what eat and even after their questionnaire most of the meals they planned for me were things I had no interest in eating and their grocery lists usually want you to buy dozens and dozens and dozens of items every week. I can't afford that, so I eventually abandoned Spark, but I know a lot of people who liked the meals and could afford the groceries who were happy and lost a ton of weight. One girl I know from another messageboard lost 80 pounds just following the Spark plan. But it wasn't for me.
Automaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:53 PM   #4  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

That was my problem too automaton, the grocery lists where obscene! I did do it for almost a year though, but didn't use the meal planning feature, just tracked my calories with their counter. NOw I have a book full of my own meal plans and I'm proud of that. When I feel like I need more control, I whip out my book and plan a week in advance and use my own customized shopping lists.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote