Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-29-2009, 02:33 PM   #1  
Workin' It

Default Deodorant that doesn't leave white streaks?

Argh... I'm seriously tired of buying deodorant after deodorant that says it doesn't leave white streaks and then ending up with white streaks. Yesterday I wore a black tank top and I swear that by the end of the day I had two inches of white smear halfway to my waist. Anyone have any suggestions of one that does actually go on clear and stay clear? I sweat like crazy, so have to use pretty strong ones...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #2  
Really gonna do it!!

S/C/G: 215/209/155

Height: 5'7"

I struggled with this forever...and now I finally use Mitchum Power Gel...it's strong, and it works, and it's completely clear. The down side is it's a gel, not a solid...but I just had to get over that. I put it on first, then brush teeth, etc while it dries, and then get dressed. I was at my wit's end...even after I had washed my clothes they still had white residue...but now I'm sold on the Mitchum.
DoubleDomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #3  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Definitely not Degree's little black dress approved ones - because all my black dresses have white arm pits now!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:59 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I was going to add you might be putting too much- so put it on- let it sit for a minute- then gently wipe off excess?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #5  
Workin' It

Could be that I don't let it dry long enough, too... I put it on as soon as I'm out of the shower, then brush my teeth and dry my hair. i of course get sweaty again during this process, so I'm sure it reactivates the moisture level in it...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

I always wipe my armpits before I put anything on, gets rid of excess moisture I would put it on last.

Last edited by beerab; 09-29-2009 at 04:15 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #7  
Ay yo le la

S/C/G: 142/134/120

I love Earth Science. It's natural and doesn't feel like glue either.
Frigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I use Nivea solid. I can't find it in the states so I have my parents send it to me in care packages from Europe. It's the only stuff that works for me.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/183/165

Height: 5'10

This might sounds really weird....

But I actually use Old Spice Invisible Solid.

I don't really wear perfume, and I found the scent that was the least "Old Spice"-y, and I LOVE it. It works really well, it doesn't mess up my clothes and people tell me I smell nice all the time. I know it's odd, but if you can find one that you don't mind the smell of, it's an awesome product!
funnycanadiangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

I've had good luck with the dove sensitive skin soft solid, clinical strength one. And it works wonderfully too. A little pricey, but a little goes a long way.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:25 AM   #11  
Bikini Season :)

I use Secret Platinum - its a clear gel, comes in lots of different scents and unscented. It works great and leaves NO marks!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #12  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

I dunno Shannon, but I have tried many of these that were mentioned here & honestly haven't truly found one that doesn't leave white residue, despite the CLAIMS! The majority of my tops are black, so it sucks always doing the pit check & always having to re-wet a washcloth & scrub, scrub, scrub the deo off! I'm currently using the ladies mitchum gel, its better than some but not 100% white residue proof either..

Lemme know if you find one that works Shannon, cuz I will surely be interested to know chicky!!!!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

And any tips for the yellowed underarms under ALL my white shirts?? I think that is from deodorant as well as I'm not a super heavy sweater.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #14  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Ok ladies, bumping this to the top because I bought new mitchum powergel & it too leaves white marks on my black tanks & this sucker actually stays cakey under the pits & then later, the white $hit stuck in the pits, actually flakes onto my black tank- WTF- so fricken annoying with white marks & then white flakes! UGHHH Can anybody recommend something that is white free & flake free? I will try again to buy something else, but what the heck brand, HELP PLEASE, I AM SHOUTING SO SOMEBODY CAN HEAR ME & HELP A GAL OUT HERE? My biggest pet peeve by far.... Ughhh...
Wendalyn

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 02-13-2010 at 11:38 AM.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I use Avon roll on and have no problem with white streaks or white flakes.Not long ago I ran into a store that was closing I bought all the Men's Right Guard Spray deodorant that they had "cuz it was super cheap. It had a masculine scent which soon disappeared after putting it on and it left no white straqks or white flakes.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote