Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Default My own worst enemy...

Hi everyone . I am new to the forum, although I admit to having read through the threads on many occasions. I decided to join because I am, undoubtedly, my own worst enemy when it comes to my setbacks and I thought it might be helpful to put it out there. I am 28, 5'4", 162 lbs, and a size 10-12. I have a medium build and have always weighed more than I looked - but I have packed on 20+ lbs in the past few years and it sure as heck isn't because of my "build" or any muscle mass.

So I made the decision to lose weight: Step 1. But I had come accross so much conflicting information that I ended up buying into all of it and became extremely frustrated. Calorie counting or low carb? Cardio just 20 min a day or a minimum of 45? Supplements or no supplements? I was trying to find "what worked for me", but I felt like I couldn't stick to anything long enough to see results, so I couldn't conclude anything except for the fact that maybe I didn't give it enough time to "work".

I just moved to LA and have always wanted to persue a career in singing. I told myself being in LA would be the motivation I have needed to really kick myself in gear. I have a gym membership, I got the fluidity bar for Christmas a few years ago (which I thought would be great because I loved dancing and the "dancer's physique", I signed up for bootcamp and only went twice (early mornings were a killer), so I bought Barry's Bootcamp Dvd, I signed up for the "6 week total body make-over", and I even got a trainer thinking someone with knowledge would be helpful, but realized unless I could motivate myself when I wasn't with the trainer, it was a waste of money. I have spent more than enough money on products and have plenty of options to be successfull sitting in my room as I type. So why can't I do it?

I make jokes (since I'm in LA) that I just don't "hate" myself enough. That seeing all the young pretty girls that are my competition isn't enough of a motivator for me because I don't have low self esteem... but the truth is I AM becoming very dissappointed with myself - even angry at myself - because this is something I want, not something the industry or anyone else is saying I need to do. I want to be in better shape, I want to be healthy. I want to be successful in my field. It's what I want... so why isn't that enough?
LAGal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I think we've all been there- tried it all- and so on. You finally just have to tell yourself that to achieve the results you want you are going to have to work hard for it

Good luck!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #4  
http://www.3fatchicks.net

S/C/G: 383/see ticker/>290

Height: 6'1"

Welcome to the Forum. I read a lot before I joined to. Sometimes others support can make you a friend instead of a enemy to yourself.
mrhighnotes is offline   Reply With Quote